Incarnate
Noah Smithy

 

FADE IN:
1. int. Bedroom - day
We see a view of New York City through a clear window. We the turn around and see that we are in a bedroom that is about 120 square feet. In it there is a man and a woman on a queen-size bed.
The man is either Indian or Hispanic. He is about 5'8" to 5'11". We only see the top half of his body because the blankets are covering the rest. His name is NAPOLEON STONE. He has straight hair slicked down with his sides shaved. He looks like he is in his early twenties.

The woman has just gotten out of bed. She has some lingerie on. She has long straight hair. She is about 5'5" or somewhere around there. She looks like she is in her early twenties as well. Her name is KELLY SPANYA.

Kelly goes into a bathroom right beside the bedroom. She leaves the door open. Napoleon talks to her while he is still lying on the bed. Through the following conversation we only see Napoleon's face and hear in Kelly brushing her teeth in the background.
NAPOLEON STONE
I'm gonna miss you girl!

KELLY SPANYA
I'm gonna miss you too.

NAPOLEON STONE
What am I gonna do without you for three months? I can't live!

KELLY SPANYA
Yes you will, now look, we've had this discussion a million times. Now could you please get the car ready.


NAPOLEON STONE
I already did. Lemme get your shit.

KELLY SPANYA
Look, when I come back, I promise that we are gonna have a lot of fun. It's only for the summer.

We can tell Napoleon is not very happy. His eyes are just wandering and it looks like tears are about to come out.

NAPOLEON STONE
C'mon, lets go.
cut to:
2. int. jfk airport Terminal-day

    The airport is very crowded.
    Kelly, along with her expedition group, is getting her boarding pass at the Continental Airlines Desk. Napoleon is just sitting down looking at her in line, smiling as if only to please her. Kelly finally gets her boarding pass from the ticket lady and comes to him with a tall handsome man behind her. He has blonde hair and is about 6'1".

KELLY SPANYA
Hey Nap! I would like you to meet the head of our group, Alfred Kutzman. Alfred, this is my boyfriend Napoleon.

Napoleon stands up and shakes hands with ALFRED KUTZMAN.

NAPOLEON STONE
I've heard so much about you!

ALFRED KUTZMAN
As I you, sir! Don't worry about a thing Mr. Stone, you're girl friend will have a wonderful and enriching time.

NAPOLEON STONE
Oh yes, I know, I just hope she doesn't do anything she doesn't wanna do. (in an insulting tone)

KELLY SPANYA
Nap! Sorry Alfred, he's kinda protective of me.

NAPOLEON STONE
Nice meeting you Mr. Kutzman, now if you'd please excuse me, I'd like to say goodbye to my girl.

ALFRED KUTZMAN
No problem!
He goes back and greets the other travelers.

NAPOLEON STONE
Kelly, I'm sorry. I'm just kinda sad, I'm happy for you, but I'm still sad.

KELLY SPANYA
It's okay. I love you so much.

NAPOLEON STONE
I love you too. I'm sorry I can't see you board, but I have to go to work now.

KELLY SPANYA
I understand. I'll see you in three months.(continuing)


And I'll write you every day!

Napoleon just hugs her. We see his face with a tear rolling out of his eye. Now we rotate around and see Kelly's face with many tears running out of both her eyes.

NAPOLEON STONE
Bye bye!

Napoleon lets go of her and he turns around and starts to walk off. Kelly blows him a kiss, but he doesn't see it.

cut to:
3. int. napoleon's car - day
Napoleon puts his keys in the ignition slot and his about to start it when he notices a small handbag in the back seat by looking in the rear-view mirror.

NAPOLEON STONE
Oh shit! She might need that!

He grabs the bag and opens the door, gets out, shuts it and runs back to the terminal.

cut to:
4. int. jfk airport terminal -day
We see Napoleon running towards us with the handbag in his hand. We rotate around and see Kelly and Alfred kissing each other. We then turn back to Napoleon. He is stunned. He just turns around and goes back in the direction where he came, dropping the handbag on the floor.


Cut to:
5. int. napoleon's car-day
Napoleon's eyes look like they are about to pop out. He slowly starts the engine and drives off.

6. INT. NAPOLEON'S CAR/EXT. CITY STREET - DAY
Napoleon is just driving when he suddenly sees a man trying to sell small bags of white powder on the sidewalk through the passenger side window. He parks the car in a tow-away zone. He gets out of the car.

7. ext. Sidewalk-day
NAPOLEON STONE
Hey what is that?

This DRUG DEALER is a black teenager, about 17 years old. He looks like a typical "gangsta." He has baggy pants and a Nike Jersey on, with a pager clipped to his backwards hat, Nike as well.
DRUG DEALER
What the fuck you think it is mothafucka? Who the fuck are you, a fuckin' cop?

NAPOLEON STONE
No, I want some. (Looking very serious)

DRUG DEALER
Aight man, how much?

NAPOLEON STONE
How much is in one bag.

DRUG DEALER
A fuckin' dime mothafucka! About six grams, Thirty Dollars!.

NAPOLEON STONE
Ok, (pulling out his wallet and getting three ten dollar bills) give me one baggy, I also want a gun and a syringe.

DRUG DEALER
Man, what the fuck you think I am, a mothafuckin' general store? But since I'm a nice person, you can have this gun, and this syringe, but an AIDS mothafucka has used the needle, so you better like boil it or something.

The drug dealer pulls a syringe with a capped needle and a 9-millimeter out of his pocket, while Napoleon pulls out some more money, about a hundred dollars.

NAPOLEON STONE
I don't give a fuck! Just give me the three items I asked for.

DRUG DEALER
Man, you one of them crazy mothafuckas aren't you, gonna try to OD on purpose and shit, aren't you. Well lemme tell ya, you can't OD with what you're buying.

NAPOLEON STONE
That's why I need the gun! I have no reason to live!

DRUG DEALER
Man, don't tell me you're business! I don't wanna know, and I don't care to know.

The drug dealer takes the money and hands the Naopleon the 9 millimeter and the syringe.

NAPOLEON STONE
Is it loaded?

DRUG DEALER
Hell yeah! But I ain't givin' you no more clips, all you paid me is a hundred dollars.

NAPOLEON STONE
One clip is all I need, infact 1 bullet is all I need.

DRUG DEALER
Have a nice day! Hehe!
Cut to:
8. int. Napoleon's apartment-Day
We see a clock saying 11:00. We turn around and see Napoleon, sitting down, boiling the heroin on a spoon with a lighter under it. He apparently has done this before. He ties a cut rubber band around his elbow, and the other end he holds with his teeth. He then places the spoon on the table and takes the syringe and sucks the melted heroin in it. He then injects it into his vein. We see the needle piercing his skin and the heroin and blood mixing together. He then pushes the bud at the end of the syringe down and the blood/heroine mixture goes into his skin. Napoleon lets go of everything. The syringe is still stuck into his skin like an IV needle. He then takes the 9 millimeter, lying on the edge of the table, cocks it, looks at a picture of Kelly, and after muttering the words "I love you!" places the gun in his mouth and pulls the trigger. We see blood and pieces of his brain splatter on the wall behind him. Then the top part his body falls onto the table while his bottom half is still sitting down. Suddenly Napoleon's spirit comes out of his body.

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT looks just like Napoleon did before he blew his brains out, except he is a little transparent and naked.

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
What the fuck?
He sees Napoleon's body, with the back of its head missing.Suddenly demons appear out of thin air. The demons look like hideous gargoyles. They have bat like wings and have the face of an alligator, but are the size of a falcon. About four or five come and grab Napoleon's Spirit and drag him out of the window and straight down through the street, we see them going through it. Napoleon's Spirit screams all the way.
9. int. hell-day

Napoleon's Spirit falls what looks like 200000+ feet to the hot ground. The demons have disappeared. There is a very large pit of lava right next to where Napoleon's Spirit landed. We see larger scarier looking demons pushing other spirits into it, they are screaming in agonizing pain.

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
Oh no! I hope I'm not where I think I am!

Suddenly what appears to be a naked old man appears behind Napoleon. But we only see up to his stomach, nothing below.

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
You are boy!

Napoleon's spirit turns around.

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
Ahhhh! You're naked!

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
No shit Sherlock! So are you!

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
(looking down) Ahhhhh!

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
You must have committed suicide huh?

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
Yeah, I did why?

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
You're a lucky bastard! I should have done it when I was younger too.

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
What do you mean?

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
Don't you know the legend boy?

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
What legend? That if you commit suicide you go to hell!

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
Not that, stupid. Lemme tell you the story.
The Old man's spirit narrates the following tale. We only hear his voice while the actions are performed. Whatever he is describing is what we are seeing.
10. Int. The woods-day
Caption: Land of the Future Roman Empire, 25325 BC
OLD MAN'S SPIRIT (voice)
There once was a tribe that existed around 27,000 years ago in what is now Italy. They were some nomadic, uncivilized fuckers. They always moved around and shit and always lived in the trees. One day, one of them committed suicide because he found out that having only one testicle was a bad thing. He stabbed himself in the eye with a sharp spear. A few weeks later, the entire tribe had (Continued)
their hearts ripped out. They're bodies were just laid out side, by side. The hearts were believed to have been eaten by the young man who stabbed himself in the eye's spirit.

11.     Back to hell
NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
What's the point of this sick-ass story?

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
The point is that, this young man, lived for a total of about 2000 years after he ate their hearts. He came back to life and became practically immortal. The legend says that if somebody commits suicide, and if their spirit can manage to get back up to earth from hell, and eats living people's hearts, after 10 days he will come back to life as a human, and live the sum of the ages of those whose hearts he ate.

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
Wait a minute! What happens if the spirit doesn't eat any hearts in 10 days?

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
The spirits of those who committed suicide can only stay on earth at most 10 days before the demons find them again. That is why it must eat living human hearts in order to regain life. It will become invincible for the number of years it will continue to live.


OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
That's why I should have committed suicide at a younger age, you see, my spirit is not strong enough to get back to the surface. But yours is!

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
I don't wanna live anymore, that's why I killed myself.

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
Stupid! Do you not realize what you can do?

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
Look man, I have no reason to live, my girlfriend is cheating on me.

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
Idiot!!!! That is not a reason to die, Immortality is! Look, when you go back up, I assure you, you will forget about what your life was like before you killed yourself.

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
What? Fuck you, I'm staying down here. I ain't goin back up.

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
Do you know why they haven't pushed me into the lava yet? Because I have eluded them for 308 years! Do you want to go through eternity having to do that?

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
What do you care?

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
I want to make a deal with you boy, you go up and get me 10 hearts of people at least 20 years old.
NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
Like I said before, Fuck You! Why the hell should I kill people for you?

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
Because I told you the legend, and think about it, eternal life.

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
How the hell is it eternal life? What if I eat the heart of just one 30 year old? Then I'm back down here after 30 years.

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you the last part of the legend, every 20 years, you get a chance to eat more hearts, for ten days. The heart is like ambrosia, like drinking water from the Holy Grail. It is why a person lives. It is the center of desire.
Napoleon's spirit looks at the old man's.

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
Ok old man, since you told me this shit, you got yourself a deal. Just get me the fuck back up to earth.

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
What country do you want to start at?

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
(smiling) Tibet!

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
Do you see that ladder over there?
The old man's spirit points his index finger at the ladder and Napoleon's turns around and looks at it as well.

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
Yeah, why? I gotta climb that bitch.

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
It is meant for the demons that push unlucky souls into the lava. That is where they take their break. But it also leads to Mount Everest. That's the closest you can get to Tibet, you must walk the rest of the way. Trust me, you will not get tired, or cold. Your spirit is immortal, the only difference is after you eat the hearts and perform the ceremony on the 10th day, the demons won't be able to snatch you back to hell.

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
So I have to walk like a 1000 miles all the way from Mount Everest to Tibet, Hell no!

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
Like I said before, you will not get tired. Tell me, when you fell from the earth down here, did it hurt?

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
No, not really.

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
That's because you cannot feel anything. You are dead!

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
What about all them fucks in the lava, it sure as hell looks like they're felling something?

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
Once the tall demons touch you, it's like your human again, you feel pain, but you get no wounds, those unfortunate souls will be in the lava for the rest of eternity, and since the tall demons touched them, they're gonna feel every second of it.

They both look at the spirits just screaming in pain as the lava current moves them around.

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
Go now boy, they are concentrating on the souls, they will never know you arrived. When you reach the ground, you will know because it will look like a roof, just hit it really hard. You will come to the surface through a mini volcano that you created.

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
How do you know all this?

OLD MAN'S SPIRIT
(smiling) I just do!






cut to:
12. int. airplane -day
We are now in the expedition group's airplane. There are about 25 people, including Kelly. The are all suiting up for the cold of the Himalayas. We focus in on Kelly and Alfred. Kelly puts starts buttoning up her gray flannel shirt over her blue turtleneck. She tucks it in, and puts on a park over that and zips it up half way. Alfred is already dressed.

KELLY SPANYA
How long till Tibet?

ALFRED KUTZMAN
About an hour. (looking at Kelly's sad expression) What's wrong?

KELLY SPANYA
How am I gonna tell Napoleon about us? It will just kill him.

ALFRED KUTZMAN
Don't worry. If he really cares about you then he can take it.

KELLY SPANYA
Al, I think I still love him. I don't know what to do.

ALFRED KUTZMAN
As soon as we start exploring the Himalayas you will forget all about him, and start making memories of us, and this trip.

KELLY SPANYA
I hope so.


Another explorer, a British man by the name of CHARLES STAFFORD is sitting by the window. He is already suited up as well. He is about 5'9" to 5'11", has sort of a receding hair line, and looks kind of snobby.

CHARLES STAFFORD
Bloody hell! Look everybody, Mount Everest.

We see everyone gather around the window and look at the beautiful mountain.
KELLY SPANYA
It's so artistic!
13. ext. mount everest-day
We are at ground level now. We see the airplane flying away. We then turn around and witness the following. The ground around a certain area starts to shake. The snow melts and quickly vaporizes into steam. That area of ground suddenly explodes and out comes Napoleon's Spirit. Lava and steam are surrounding him as he exits the crater he created. He makes a large roar with his hands in the air. The steam covers his genitals, luckily for us.

NAPOLEON'S SPIRIT
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

He looks around and sees snow everywhere. He climbs out of the crater and walks south east, towards Tibet. His spirit doesn't seem transparent anymore, it now seems just pale. We see his ass but only from far away as he walks toward Tibet.

 

 

Copyright � 1999 Noah Smithy
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"