A Slice of Hope
Lawrence Vaduva

 

Everybody wants a piece of something they cannot understand. There are endless cycles met by men in dark clothes with many faces. Honesty is what killed the cat or was it curiosity. No matter it is still better to be silent so nothing is expected. And when we are all alone the hole disappears, there is no endless valley and you ask yourself what mountain is there left to conquer? Ridiculous basing your happiness on other’s actions or fears. The gods knew what they were doing on Olympus. Emotions, words, sex and lies, oh how they laugh at us. Imagination is the only thing that is pure. Did you ever see the sparkle in a little boy’s eye? The killer walks with us hidden in shades of time so we burn. The spark starts a fire, the fire consumes us and we kid ourselves with confessions looking for salvation. We have become slaves of virtue and pain. We can all be kings full of broken thoughts scrapping for a piece of land we call our own. Kings with crowns of thorns, our blood dripping, drowning everything in sight.

To hate as intensely as you can love that is a thought. To show you teeth, but not from a smile. A dog in rage is stronger than a bitch in heat. Lust, love one in the same only hopeless romantics shut their eyes to the truth, everything is made to be had. Rain washes the dirt from your hands and creates oceans of mud… take you hat off to the gods, the end is near.

 

Copyright (c) 1998 Lawrence Vaduva
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"