The Color Of Life
Shmuel Yacobi

 


Janet was a busy actress. She worked in few movies and soon became very famous in Hollywood. Bob was attracted to her beauty. He was number one moviemaker in Hollywood. He offered her the main roll in his heavy budget movie. He announced the news in a celebrity meeting. She was excited by his offer and right away accepted Bob’s offer and cancelled the other low budget moviemaker’s offer. After the meeting Bob wanted to make love to her. She rejected him and his movie roll offer. The very next day she accepted to act in the other moviemaker’s film. Bob was annoyed and worked out a plan to kidnap her. He talked with a professional kidnapper.

Janet liked the other moviemaker and his crew. The crew shot some scenes in the studio and headed for the outdoor shooting. The moviemaker arranged a mini-plane for Janet and her personal makeup man to go to the location and take rest. The mini-plane took off. Janet was excited to work in her adventurous roll. She liked action rolls. She fell asleep dreaming about her new action roll. The mini-plane took two hours to reach the forest resort. The crewmembers are expected the next day.

She woke up and realized that some thing was wrong. She looked for her make up man. The kidnappers already threw her make up man from the mini-plane. The kidnappers walked her down. The mini-plane left the resort. She tried to stop the mini-plane but it was too late. The kidnappers brought her into the resort and showed her a huge bedroom and locked her in. She screamed for help. Nobody was there to listen to her cries. The bad guys received a call from their boss and got all instructions from him. They began to eat and get drunk and made fun of her situation. She yelled at them but they ignored her cries. She tried to get their attention but they were busy in eating and drinking. She began to search for a way to escape. She tried to negotiate with them but they did not even care to listen to her. She offered huge amount of money but they did not seem to value the money. The bad guys seemed very cruel but extremely loyal to their boss and to their job. They received a call from their boss again and got further instructions.

Janet noticed that she could convince one of them by inviting him to make love to her. She began to take off her clothes and threw out side. As she expected, the bad guy looked at the clothes and peeked into her room. He got excited to see her and came into the room to rape her. Janet hit the bad guy with the tennis rocket. But the bad guy did not stop. He proceeded to rape her. The other bad guy became sober and came into the room and tried to stop the bad guy. The bad guys shot at each other and both died.

Janet went into the kitchen room and ate and got drunk in excitement. She did not know what to do with the dead bodies. She went up stairs and looked around. There were no houses around. There was no road. There was nobody to contact. She came down and took the cell phone from the bad guy and tried to reach the moviemaker. But the voice asked her to check the number and dial again. That phone is good for incoming calls only. She threw the cell phone and came out to check if there is any car or van in the garage. There is nothing in the garage.

She came back to the door ad realized that she was locked out. She broke the window and took some food and the guns and began to walk in the forest. She walked and walked but there was no sign of any town. She thought of returning to the resort. But a wild bear chased her and she lost her way. She escaped from the bear and walked and walked without knowing her destiny.

Bob called the bad guys. There was no answer. He thought that some thing went wrong. He contacted the kidnappers’ boss and arranged other bad guys. The bad guys took the mini-plane and went to the forest resort. They found the dead bodies of the two bad guys and wild dogs right in the resort. They chased the dogs and began to search for Janet. They started their way towards Janet. Mean while the news about the missing actress spread all over. The new moviemaker and his crew waited for Janet and realized that she was missing. They were worried about her. They reported to the police. Suddenly they received an anonymous call from the bad guy and learned that she was kidnapped. The kidnapper demanded 5 million dollars for her safe release.

Bob came to the moviemaker and convinced him that he loved Janet and he would do whatever it takes. He told the moviemaker that he would pay 5 million dollars to the kidnapper to get her back. Bob was playing double rolls both as Janet’s lover and the secret kidnapper. The police were totally confused and the case was beyond their understanding. They questioned the moviemaker and the crew about the mini-plane. But there was no clue about the mini-plane. Everybody suspected Janet’s make up man. The asked the neighbors about his character and learned that he was a very nice person.

* * * * *
Tony the woodcutter packed his truck with wood. He was ready to go to the town to sell the wood. He came to his house to eat some thing. He noticed that someone is in his kitchen. He went in and saw Janet. She was busily eating. She saw Tony and aimed the gun at him. He told her that he owns the house. She yelled at him and asked him to show his ID. She was so much exhausted and fell on the ground. Tony reached her and noticed that she had cold fever. He took away her gun and put her on his bed. He covered her with heavy blankets. He cancelled his trip to the town.

Janet slept for several hours. Tony gave her hot soup again. She slowly recovered. She told her kidnap story but she did not tell him that she was a famous actress from Hollywood. Tony helped her and they became friends. He went to the town and sold the wood. He bought a dress for Janet. She thanked Tony for his hospitality. Tony never bugged her about her past. He was so nice to her. He was very hard working.

Janet enjoyed his company and learned the other side of life. Tony told her that a millionaire who owned hundreds of acres of land next to his house killed his wife. The millionaire wanted Tony’s land and used all his power to frighten away Tony. The local police also took baksheesh from the millionaire and forced Tony to sell his land to the millionaire. The millionaire used local rowdies and they killed his wife. But Tony did not agree to sell his land to the millionaire. He continued to stay there alone. Janet was moved to hear Tony’s story.

Janet remembered her luxurious Hollywood life style and compared it with Tony’s simple life style. She gave the moviemaker’s number and asked Tony to call the moviemaker. Tony went to the town and made phone call to Hollywood moviemaker. The Hollywood moviemaker received the call and misunderstood that Tony was the kidnapper. The moviemaker reported the matter to the police. Tony came back to his house and saw that the bad guys were taking away Janet against her will. He fought with them. He asked Janet to take his truck and go to the town. Janet drove his truck and went to the town. The bad guys hurt Tony and chased Janet. She went to the town police authorities and told the story.

The Hollywood moviemaker and Bob flew to the town police station along with Hollywood detective. The Hollywood detective signed all the papers and the local sheriff cleared every thing and gave permission for them to take Janet back to Hollywood. Janet thanked Bob and the moviemaker for every thing. Bob personally thanked the local Sheriff for his cooperation. Janet wished to thank Tony for his hospitality but Bob told the local Sheriff to take care of Tony. The local Sheriff promised that he would take care Tony and personally deliver her message to Tony. Janet thanked the local Sheriff for his kindness. The detective, moviemaker and Bob took Janet back to Hollywood.

The local sheriff went to Tony and arrested him saying that he was the kidnapper. The bad guys burnt Tony’s house. The local sheriff forced Tony to sell his land to the millionaire and sign the papers. Tony came to know that Bob was the millionaire who had ruined his family. Tony told the local Sheriff that he was not the kidnapper. The local Sheriff said that every thing would be cleared if he would sell his land to Bob and sign the papers. Tony began to understand the situation. He signed the papers and the local Sheriff paid the money to Tony before the land registration authorities. Tony understood that Janet was an actress and she knew Bob very well. Tony decided to go to Hollywood to teach Bob a lesson. He went to his woodcutter friends and explained his plan. They all agreed to help him and his cause. Tony and his friends left for Hollywood.

* * * * *

Tony and his friends came to Hollywood and bought fine suits and enjoyed the star hotel stay at Beverly Hills. They watched the news and came to know about the engagement of Bob and Janet. The moviemaker appreciated Bob for his help to get back Janet safely. Janet also told that she misunderstood Bob but now she is ready to marry him. The Beverly Hills detective Tuck was also present there in the meeting. Tony and his friends met Tuck and described the secret life of Bob.

Detective Tuck and Tony and his friends gathered sufficient information about the kidnap drama. They met all the kidnappers and gathered all the secrets of Bob. Bob had blackmailed and seduced many girls promising them main rolls in his movies. He told the same story to Janet and won her confidence. He arranged the kidnap and pretended like a savior. Tony and Tuck met the guy who sold the special devise to Bob. Bob used that devise and called the other moviemaker and demanded 5 million dollars for Janet during the kidnap drama. Tuck and Tony brought the special device and decoded the voice of Bob and came to know that Bob used this devise during several other occasions.

The police department was looking for the anonymous person who had been kidnapping the girls. Now Tony and Tuck checked all the precious tapes and came to know that it was Bob’s tone in all the tapes. Tuck and Tony figured out a plan and gathered all the media people, celebrities, rape victims, kidnap victims and the kidnappers and the judges at the time of wedding.

Bob arranged the wedding at a big hotel and all the celebrities attended the wedding. There was a big screen live casting the whole program. Tony and his friends took care of all PA system. The wedding ceremony started. When the priest asked Bob whether he is ready to take Janet as his wife, Tony and his friends raised objections and showed the tapes on the big screen. The judges understood Bob’s secret life and took care of all the legal proceedings. The Beverly Hills police arrested Bob for kidnapping Janet and the other girls. Janet opened her eyes and expressed her willingness to marry Tony.

Tony got back his land and married Janet and the other moviemaker changed his story and filmed the new theme ‘the color of life’. The last scene ended with Tony’s wedding with Janet. All the criminals were arrested at the end. Tony showed Bob what money can do while Janet showed Bob what money cannot do. The courts asked Bob to pay huge amounts to the rape victims and the kidnap victims. Bob served the sentence and spent the rest of his life as a photographer for the tourists.

The End

  

 

 

Copyright © 2001 Shmuel Yacobi
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"