Dosvadonya Darling
Joel Weiss

 

LAS VEGAS METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT
MEDIA RELEASE
On October 27, 2008 at approximately 8:00 pm. Officers from Metro responded to a possible homicide inside Club DREAMGALS at 5555 Fremont Street. The responding officers discovered a 22 year old female shot in the chest. The officer determined the victim was dead.
I'm sitting at home watching CSI Vegas and suddenly my pager (yes I still use a pager) GOES OFF! Who am I? My name is Kandi Lace and I am a Crime Scene Investigator with the Las Vegas Metro Police Department and a former showgirl. They call me the Metro CSI showgirl. I traded in my hot pink feather sequin headdress, red hot fingernails and platform shoes for a pair of black high top sneakers and a gun.
I made the call into Metro and the person on the other end of the phone says �Hey we got a crime scene and it's really messy.� Usually when you arrive at a crime scene you say to yourself �Where the hell do I start?�


I met up with my colleague Jillian Fox and we then piled into the crime scene RV � the kind Robin Williams character drove in the movie RV. Only this RV is beat up and the cabinets are stocked with crime scene kits instead of hamburger buns.
It's now around 8:30pm.
When Jillian and I showed up at the crime scene. We approached the officer on the scene and asked him to leave because, he was handling some evidence with his bare hands. Jillian came up with a plan to get him to leave.
She took out her CSI flashlight and slapped on a big �LAZERHARZARD� sticker on it. Jillian handed it to him and said
�Go look for some blood evidence and oops! I ran out of goggles too.� That got rid of him in a flash.
What about the victim you ask.
She was a young thin, blonde girl named Thumper and she was around 22. She was lying face down on the stage. Apparently she had been shot in the temple at close range. This was indicated by the back spatter, which is a bloodstain created as a result of some impact resulting in fewer stains.
By the time I finished my exam, the medical personnel showed up.
I stayed behind to search for more evidence, while Jillian followed the M.E. Back to the county morgue.

Now it was 9:00pm when they arrived at the morgue, where the M.E. began her autopsy.
�What do you think she died from?�, Jillian asked.
The M.E. Told us
�She was most likely shot at close range. If the weapon is touching the victim's body it will normally have what is known as an 'abrasion ring' and also a clear imprint of the weapon's barrel or, a muzzle imprint. The result resembles a cattle brand, showing the outline details of the muzzle.�
�Can you explain further?�
� Looking at the GSW I'm going to guess our victim was killed by a double- barrel shotgun.�
�How can you tell that?�, Jillian asked.
�The type of wound is something we call Blow Back or, Ballooning. After a round is fired from a weapon a large volume of hot, expanding gas exits from the barrel. Most of the gases follow the bullet into the victim's body. Then sometimes a huge expanding ball of flame and hot gas inside the body has to go somewhere.�
Let me guess the blow up like a balloon?�, I asked.
�Yes it causes the skin to tear from the inside out.
The tear usually looks like a star.�
�I don't get it�, Jillian said.
�Picture it as a volcano erupting�, The M.E. Explained.
�Okay, now I get it.�
Back at the crime scene, I walked behind the stage and inside a waste basket was a pair of bloody plastic gloves. With a pair of tweezers I carefully paced them in a paper bag. You always place bloody objects in a paper bag. Paper bags are porous and do not allow mirco-organisms to multiply like they can inside of a plastic bag. Humidity and moisture collected inside the plastic bag can contaminate the blood evidence. By the time Jillian and I collected all the evidence we could find and wrapped up things it was Ten O'Clock and time to head home.
By the time I got home it was two in the morning and no way am I going to get some sleep. Even taking a shower can't help.
One can never sleep right after a crime scene. So I usually end up watching something like Family Guy re-runs at around three in the morning. Then when I do finally get to sleep, my pager GOES OFF again. A Crime Scene Investigator never sleeps. We are on call twenty four hours a day seven days a week. Until...
Around 5:00 am My supervisor, Jorga Foxx calls me back to the crime scene. because, She told me that she had found a very interesting piece of evidence.
While searching around the stage she found a Paramedic lapel pin. Jorga met me the front door and handed me the evidence and told me to take it back to the lab for analyzing.
As I was leaving, one the showgirls was coming in the front door, approached me, starred at my badge and said
�Are you a detective?�
�No, I'm a CSI and is there something you can tell me about the murder?�
�Yes, there was some sicko Paramedic always hanging around Trixie. �Who's Trixie?�
�Thumper's her stage name. He tried talking to her, asking her out but, she kept, ignoring him.�
�For about how long.�
�I don't know but, I did remember where he's from.�
�Where?�
�MedicEast Ambulance on Fremont St.�
The Ambulance place was only two blocks from Dreamgals.
Let's see murder Trixie, walk back to the ambulance place, and act normal like nothing happened.
I decided to send Metro Detective Mack Tyler to MedicEast to try and find this creep.
Detective Mack Tyler and I go way back. When we met he was a Lead detective working for metro. I was a Go-Go dancer and a full-time student earning a Masters Degree in Forensic Science.
After graduation, I landed a job at Metro as a Detective and Mack was my boss.
Around 5:30 am at MedicEast Mack made his way inside. The only soul in the building was the dispatcher.
�can I help you�, He asked.
�I am looking for a paramedic the might have lost this pin.�
Mack pulls out a clear plastic bag containing the paramedic lapel pin and shows it to the young man.
�That's funny because I recall one of the paramedic's asking me if I had seen his lapel pin.�
�Does this guy have a name?�
�Donnie Gibson.�
�Do you have a last known address?�
�Some sleazy motel on Fremont I think it has some picture of
Elvis on the side of the motel.�
�I know the place.�
�I won't even ask.�
Mack left it up to me to check out the motel. The first thing I did was head right for the motel office.
The clerk behind the glass was very cooperative and very persuasive and took me right the room.
After I busted down the door I found Donny in the motel bed.
Lying next to him was some young woman.
Splashing ice cold water on Donny did get a response so, I knocked his ass off the bed. Still no response. I check to see if he was breathing. I checked his pulse.
Donny was dead.
Lying next to him on the floor was a broken wine glass and a bottle of Vodka. Of course I took them as evidence.
Then the girl in the bed woke up. She spoke in a thick Russian accent.
�What the hell is going on?�
She was only wearing a white bra and pink undies.
�I'm a cop and your friend Donny is dead.
Did you kill him?�
�I cannot answer that without my lawyer.�
�Let's talk down at Metro and I already arranged for a lawyer to meet us there.�
�When did you do that?�, the woman asked.
�I'll never tell.�

At Metro the interview was conducted by Detective Mack Tyler.
�For the record could you please state your name.�
�My name is Alexis Petrova and I am from Russia but, I live here in Vegas.�
�I assume you knew about Thumper's murder?�
�Maybe?�
�Did you know her?�
�Her real name was Yulia Putin.
�Did someone send you to kill her?�
�Yes my boss.�
�So you admit to killing her?�
Yes, I killed her and that pesky paramedic too.�
�Does your boss have a name?�
�If I tell you I will be killed.�
�Okay I won't ask.�
�Why Donny?�
�Yulia was what we at the Russia Detective Agency call a scammer.�
�What is a scammer if I may ask?�
�When a man writes to a woman in Russia and a financial problem arises like maybe she needs money for a high price visa or tickets or says she has a secret and was hurt by another guy that she met through another dating website.�
�Let me guess she took Donny for a huge amount?�
�No she said she had over one million dollars in a secret safe box and said she would bring it with her to Vegas.�
�So then what?�
�she promised to split the money and give him thirty percent of the two million dollars and start a new business and a new life together in America.�
�I can already guess what happened next.�
�Donny was broke from gambling and that money would have helped pay off his debt.�
�Donny even set her up with a job at the club as a showgirl and offered to put her up in a motel.�
�She met Donny at the Club Dreamgals and told him to take her to the motel where she would show him the cash.�
�How do you know all this, Mack asked?�
�I'm also a spy. I used a Laser microphone which uses a laser beam to detect sound vibrations in a distant object. Like when there is two people talking in a room, the laser beam vibrates off an object in that room like a picture on a wall.�
�Let's go back to the motel and I'll show you the money, Yulia told Donny.�
�Around 6:00 pm I followed them both from the club to the motel.
By the time I got there Yulia was dead.�
�Then what happened?�
�Donny told me what happened and showed me that he was also a Detective.�
�Really?�
�He was an agent from the Russia Detective Agency following Yulia. He was also assigned to bring her in but, the plan backfired and she went for her gun and Donny reached for his and...
�It was 7:45 pm when Donny and I moved her body to the club and made it look like she was killed there.�
�How did you make inside at that time?�
�Through the rear stage door.�
�Then...�
�Donny and I went back to the hotel and he was going to report me to the agency for messing up his assignment.�
�What happened next?�
�He pulled out a double- barrel shotgun, the same one he used to kill Yulia and tried to kill me.�
�That's when you killed him?�
�I pulled out my concealed gun that was hiding in my bra strap and shot him first.�
�Is that all?�
�Are you finished?�
�Yes that is all I can tell you without having to kill you first.�
�I guess this case is now closed and there will be no further investigation.�
�This conversation never took place, Alexis said.�
�As far as I'm concerned this was a double suicide, Mack told her.�
The case was solved.

It's ten o clock in the evening am I am tying to get some shut eye when the phone RINGS!
My Supervisor Jorga says to me �Kandi looks like we got another dead Russian girl. Her body washed up last night on Widemouth Bay Beach in Cornwall England.�
Not again.


The End



































      

 

 

Copyright © 2008 Joel Weiss
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"