Ivan's Out Of This World Odyssey
Alex M Sam

 

It started out as an ordinary day for Ivan.
He woke up and went to a nearby pond to wash his face.. He looked at his reflection, as usual his long wavy green hair gleamed from all of the sunlight, his blue eyes were as dark as the night sky. On his way back home he was stopped by Squall, his best friend, who as usual was in a hurry. His blue hair was spiked down to give the dangerous look, his pointy ears stuck out like thorns in a rosebush, and his light brown eyes looked eager to do something.
�Hurry, go put on a shirt,� Squall exclaimed.
�Why?� Ivan questioned.
�Never mind you don�t have time,� Squall yelled.
�What?� Ivan said.
�Follow me,� Squall said.
Squall lead Ivan to the end of town where the mystical forest was. Cirkin, Ivan�s little brother, was waiting impatiently. Cirkin�s long green bangs were spiked up, his eyebrows were as straight as an ox, and his deep brown eyes always looked curious.
�What took you so long?� Cirkin exclaimed.
�What are we doing here?� Ivan questioned.
�We�re going to take a walk through the forest,� Squall answered.
�It�s dangerous,� Ivan screamed.
�Sorry we�re late,� Falena and Calera said.
�You�re coming, too,� Ivan exclaimed.
�Come on it�ll be fun,� Calera said as she flipped her beautiful blue hair, she was wearing a forest green ceremonial elf suite, and her light purple eyes shined from the sun.
�Fine I�ll go,� Ivan.
�This is going to be so much fun,� Falena said as she jumped into the air, her short purple hair went everywhere, her light blue eyes looked so excited, and her ears were as pointy as a unicorn�s horn.
They entered slowly all close together, for they knew there were many dangerous creatures in the mystical forest. A little red creature jumped out of a tree, and ran for its life. Before anyone could stop him Cirkin chased after it. The others followed. As they got closer they could see that they were chasing a little baby dragon. They chased the dragon into a clearing. There they saw something that they have only heard about its stories, it was a portal. The little red dragon jumped into it and disappeared. Once again Cirkin followed, and so did the others.
It only took a second for them to appear in a new land. As they got up they saw the little red dragon and by his side was an old man his white long beard was just as long as his hair, he was carrying a long stick, and his eyes were as white as snow.
�Hello, my name is Maladeck, and this is my dragon Tika. I am a dragon wizard.I know you have many questions, but I don�t have time to answer them,� he said in a resounding voice.
�Where are we,� Calera said.
�You are in the land of the dragons,� Maladeck said.
�Why are we here,� Ivan questioned.
�I have brought you because I need your help,� Maladeck answered.
�What do you need,� Cirkin asked.
�Enough questions,� Maladeck said.
�We are having many problems here in the land of the dragons. The Queen Dragon is killing all those who are not pure dragons, she is burning the villages of my people, and her babies are going to get out of there eggs in three days. No one can destroy her because everyone is in her trance, but elves can not be summoned by this trance, that is why I sent for you young elves,� he explained.
�How are a bunch of little elves supposed to kill a dragon,� Squall questioned.
�I will give you each a unique power to help kill the dragon,� Maladeck answered.
�What if we don�t want to kill the dragon?,� Falena questioned.
�Then I will not send you home,� Maladeck answered.
�Okay, we will do it,� Ivan said.
�Now, I will give you your powers,� Maladeck said.
�Ivan- the power of fire, Squall -the power of wind, Falena- the power of telekinesis, Cirkin- the power of water, and Calera -the power of earth,� He said as he rose his hands.
A bright light flashed as he disappeared as this happened he said �follow Tika.�
�Lets go,� Ivan exclaimed.
Tika lead them hesitantly into a swamp. While crossing the mucky water Calera screamed, and was pulled underwater.
�Cirkin do something,� Ivan screamed.
�Water of the earth open,� Cirkin said as his eyes turned bright blue.
The mucky water spread apart and in the opening there was a skinny green frog like creature, with red eyes, pointy ears, fins on the side of its arms, and a rope tied around his arms. He was holding Calera by her ankle. He jumped 20 feet into the air, aiming to land on Squall.
�I call upon the element of wind to blow this creature away,� he said as a whirlpool appeared in the water which suck the creature into it. Suddenly the creature jumped out of the water, and spit sticky swamp water out of his mouth. The swamp water knocked Squall and Ivan into a tree.
�We can�t get out,� Ivan said.
�It�s too sticky, were stuck,� Squall exclaimed.
The creature landed directly on Falena. Cirkin jumped on its back. The creature grabbed Cirkin and threw him directly into a tree, and knocked him out. Calera ran to Cirkin to see if he was okay. Tika tried to breathe fire, but only steam came out. After trying a couple of times Tika, ran out of air and passed out. Falena growing with anger put her hands on her head and tried to concentrate, while the creature was lifting it�s arms to hit her. His fist came crashing down, but right before hitting her it stopped. Falena was now sweating, from trying to keep the creature�s fist from hitting her. His fist was slowly turning around. Falena had managed to get his fist fully turned around. All of the sudden his fist hit him square in the face. Followed by a series of slaps from Falena. He tried to hit her again, but she wouldn�t allow it. He bent down and jumped into the treetops, and disappeared. The mucky water slowly fell off of Squall and Ivan onto the ground. Tika woke up, but Cirkin still remained unconscious.
�It�s getting dark, let�s rest here,� Ivan said.
�Yeah, I could take a rest,� Falena said.
They woke up early the next morning, but had to wait for Cirkin to awaken. He woke up at about noon. They knew they would have to make up time, so instead of walking they ran. After miles of running they stopped at the edge of a forest.
�Should we go,� Cirkin asked.
�We have to,� Ivan said.
�Everyone just stay close together,� Squall said.
While in the middle of the forest, they were attacked by these little winged creatures. The creatures were red, with long pointy tails, and sharp fangs. Everyone was too tired to fight, and were getting killed by these creatures. Falena was whipped right across the face, bye one of the creature�s tail, and she fell to the ground in pain. Cirkin tried to use wind, but he only had enough power to lift himself into a tree where the braches protected him from the creatures. Squall was being chased, and was not looking where he was going. A branch hit his neck and practically flipped him on his back. Ivan had enough power to put a shield of fire around him to protect himself from the creatures. Two creatures swooped down and bit Calera�s clothing, and carried her away. Tika was cornered and was about to get eaten, when out of nowhere a gargoyle landed in front of Tika. She grabbed it�s tail, spun it around, and threw it into a tree. She chased all the others away.
�Don�t worry I�m not here to hurt you I just came to help,� She said in a caring voice.
�Who are you and why do you want to help us,� Falena asked as she crawled to her feet.
�I am Jasara, I heard you are hear to hunt down the Queen Dragon, I would like to help. The dragon killed my family, and the rest of the gargoyles. I was not called by it�s trans, because at the time I was fishing underwater.� She explained.
�You may join us,� Ivan said
�Can you fly and catch the creatures that took Calera?� Squall said.
�No, one of them bit a hole in my wing.� She said.
�We must ran after them,� Ivan yelled.
�It�s no use they�re too fast. We should rest now and go after the Queen Dragon. Jasara said.
�What about Calera?� Falena asked.
�The creatures probably took Calera to her.� She explained
�Okay we�ll head for the Queen Dragon tomorrow.� Ivan said.
They woke up the next morning ready to kill the Queen Dragon and to save Calera. It took them all day to reach the gates of the city. It was a huge gate with two statues of charpais on either side. A Charpai is a mix between a dragon and a cat. The statues broke in half and out came two real charpais. They were blue winged creatures, with green eyes, purple wings, a cat stance, and a dragon�s spine. They each spit acid, and their claws can easily break skin. They were spitting acid everywhere.
�I summon the element of fire to burn these evil creatures to a crisp,� Ivan said, as a huge fireball came from behind him.
The charpai easily dogged it.
�Tika and I will take care of them, you go after the Queen Dragon,� said Jasara.
The others ran by while Jasara distracted the charpais. When they reached the dragon they could see it�s tail rapped around Calera, and on of it�s babies already hatched. There were still two eggs left. Cirkin and Squall went to destroy the eggs, Falena went for the one that already hatched, and Ivan went for the Queen. Squall easily blew the egg into the mountain behind it. The egg cracked open and the almost alive dragon fell out. The dragon placed Calera on top of the mountain, and hit Falena with its tail. Falena flew past the gate, and disappeared into the darkness. Squall blew Cirkin on the dragons head, where the baby was. Cirkin tackled the baby off the Queen�s head and onto the ground. He used the baby to break his fall. When he landed the baby was dead. Calera summoned the element of earth, which made steps for her to walk down. When she reached the ground Ivan ran straight towards her. The dragon threw a huge ball of fire straight at him. It hit him straight on, there was so much smoke that no one could see where his body was. Cirkin threw an ice ball and broke the last egg. Calera, Squall, and Cirkin ran at the dragon in anger. He knocked them all into the mountain, and they all became unconscious. Tika came flying into sight carrying Falena. Jasara was running under them. Apparently they killed the charpais, and Tika caught Falena in the air before she fell. Ivan crawled to his feet, he was not hurt from the fire ball, because he became immune to fire. Falena used her telekinesis to hold the dragon�s tail down. While Ivan and Tika threw fire balls at the Queen. The Queen Dragon eventually bled to death. Maladeck appeared as soon as the dragon�s head fell to the ground.
�As I promised you may now go home,� Maladeck said.
�What about Squall, Cirkin, and Calera,� Ivan questioned.
Maladeck mumbled a spell and they all arose, and walked into the portal. They appeared back home at there Elvin village. They promised not to tell about there Out of this World Odyssey.

 

 

Copyright © 2002 Alex M Sam
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"