Kyra (Chapter 1)
Ryuichi Minamino

 

~Prolog~

Tyson Kaito, better known as Kaito; set with his flaming red hair and overwhelming green eyes, in complete silence, reading a novel by Stephen King. He didn’t notice his female class mates gawking at him, or he did and simply didn’t care. Until she entered the room. Was it her perfectly shaped body or her astonishing looks? He didn’t know. But she caught his attention with her light tanned complexion and curvy form…And her smile…wow…it defiantly help top-off her appearance.

Chapter One
“Realizing”

“Hello, may I be permitted to know your name?” Kaito flashed an alluring smile that sent a heat wave through the young girls very heart.
He’s so mesmerizing, the deepness in his voice and the way his entire body sways when he moves. Its almost unbelievable. Blushing at his request she accidentally made him blush back. “My name is Kyraichi Santo…But you may call me Kyra.”
“Kyra…” He kissed her soft hands and smiled. “It suites you.” He complemented. When in actuality his thoughts were more so: “Wow, a girl with such beauty, it is not only in her looks…Its far beyond that and the beauty even resides in her name.”
Trying hard not to lock eyes with him, Kyra, sweetly said. “You know my name, yet you haven’t spoken yours?” She kept her eyes on the ground. “May I know who you are?”
Feeling utterly stupid, Kaito casually responded. “Oh, sorry…My name is Tyson Lee Kaito.” He liked his name and was known to even brag about it. “Most people call my Kaito.”
“He goes by his last name? Why?” The thought pondered in her mind. Finally after a moment of silence she answered. “Kaito…I like it. It sounds strong yet playful.” The two of them stood there in their own world locked in the others eyes. They had forgotten about school and everyone else; to them they were the only ones in the entire universe.
“Umm…I don’t mean to interrupt…” A tall slender, black haired boy with coal black eyes walked up to them. He broke their connection and zipped them back to reality. His eyes slowly skimmed the girls radiant form and he flashed a smile; that subconsciously say ’Check her Out!’
Sensing tension suddenly fill the room, Kyra noticed it was best if she left their presence. “Please excuse me, but I have to attend to a few things before break is over.” She bowed then departed.
Watching her every move, the black haired boy grinned, “she’s priceless. I mean her body is amazing, her walk is like a celebrity and her voice is a mimic of an angle’s.” Glancing up he noticed his friends glair. “what’s wrong, Kaito?”
“Nothing, if you use her in anyway that I deem to be disrespectful to her in anyway…I’ll make you pay, Damien.”
“Ohh…She must be important for you to be so harsh.” Damien teased then the bell rung signaling them break was over and it was time for second period. “See ya’ man, I’m off to Physical Science.” Damien shot off toward the science building which was all the on the other side of the campus.
Entering room 406, Kaito was in shock to see that Kyra was already in class and her seat was right next to his. “Score!” He had a goofy smile smeared across his face, “hey again.” She only looked up and smiled this time, which was okay with him. Kaito set down and began taking notes.
Time passed and school came to an end, Kaito mounted his Victory Vegas, fully chromed and decked out. Pulling his gorgeous locks into a ponytail, he caught sight of her…walking. “Here’s a chance to impress her.” He educated himself. Raring up his motor he drove in front of her and slid to a stop. “Kyra, I see your walking…do you need a ride home?”
Wanting desperately to say yes, she shock her head no and sighed. “No thanks, I can manage walking, its only four miles.” She smiled, “maybe another day. Besides I need the exercise.” With that she jogged off.
“Kaito!’ A manly voice called out to him.
“Huh?” Jerking about he caught site of Damien. “Oh, yeah man?”
Huffing and puffing, Damien, frowned. “My…my nova wouldn’t start…My battery is dead. Can I get a ride to ‘Discount Auto’ please?” He nearly begged.
“Sure, hope on!” Kaito zoomed off.

Arriving at her house, Kyra, tried to sneak up to her room; but was stopped halfway up the staircase. “Hey baby-girl.” Her mother called up to her. “How was your day?” She was a kind, and loving mother; but she wasn’t overly protective.
“Okay…” Kyra hoped that would be enough.
“Okay?” She joined her daughter on the staircase. “Anything cool happen?” Truthfully she didn’t like the idea of moving to this place, but it was better for her husband’s job. “Did you meet any friends? What about hott boys?”
Kyra had to give her mom some credit, she did know how to be a super-cool parent. “Actually, yeah. His name is Kaito. He knows how to use his silver tongue to woo over girls.”
“Hmm…well will I get to meet him?”
“I don’t know yet, I mean, all he does is stare at me and say cute things.” Kyra sighed, “well I better go get on my homework…Call me when dinners done.” She proceeded to her room.
Busy cooking in the kitchen, Kyra’s mom heard a knock at the door, “huh?” Drying her hands, Mrs. Santo answered the knock and revealed a dashing young man dressed in a school uniform. “Hello?”
Bowing before he spoke, the young boy said. “I live across the street and I wanted to come introduce myself properly.” He seemed very well mannered. “My name is Dakota.”
“Nice to meet you, I’m Mrs. Santo…If your looking for Kyra she’s upstairs. You can go up there if you’d like.” She invited him inside.
“Thank-you.” He then directed himself to Kyra’s room.
Inside, Kyra was busy with Calculus when she sensed a strange presence near her. “Huh?’ jerking around she saw the door handle open slightly. “State your self, before you enter!” She snapped.
The high power seemed to fall, “Sorry, I didn’t think you could sense me, but I guess I was wrong.” Dakota remarked.
Jumping to her feet, “Hmpt! I’m not a mere human. And I hate being underestimated!” Kyra was insulted. “Now, what do you want and who are you?”
Chuckling, the boy bowed. “Allow me to introduce myself, I’m Dakota and I’m here for you, Kyra!” He pointed at her. “I have strict orders that state I can’t return unless I have you.”
Kyra didn’t like the sound of this, to think of it, she hated it. “You’d better have some skills to back up your words…Because I’m gonna kick your ass!” Flinging herself towards him, Kyra swung her fists at him, knocking him to the ground. “Hmpt!” Standing over his shivering form, she cracked an evil smile. “I gave you a warning, and now you will pay!” Collecting her aura into her finger tips, “game,” she let out a half-power blast “over.” The blast, blew the body into smothering s and coated her room in blood and flesh. “Asshole, look what you did to my room.” In spite, she casually kicked the detached leg, in the direction of the door.
It just so happened that her mother opened the door at that moment. “AHH! That is gross!” Then her eyes caught sight of the bedroom. “Whoa, it looks like a massacre occurred in here.” Shaking her head, “you go get ready to eat and I’ll clean up the mess.” Kyra smiled and left; leaving her mom to the blood mess. “What is dirty become clean, make this room smell like spring, mote it be!” Within seconds the blood vanished and the aroma of spring rain filled the area.

“Hey Beautiful, you busy tonight?” A tall guy with wavy blonde hair and deep-blue eyes; he was dressed in a green sweater and baggy-blue jeans. Leaning against his locker her called out to Kyra. “ Cause if you wanna, maybe we can get to the drive in…”
She turned around and rolled her eyes. “As if…”
“What!” He was in shock, he is Izuma Takashin, a well known soccer star at Kota High. “I guess you have know idea who I am…” He tossed back at her.
Stopping she yelled “actually, I don’t care!” She had forgotten this was her second day at Kota High. Her mind was still set on last night. “Ummm…” Then she realized what had happened. “Bye!”
He watched her dash into a nearby classroom. “Kyra…” Twisting around he bumped into Damien and Kaito.
“Watch it!” Damien glared at the boy. “You do it again and I’ll kick your ass.” He was pissed, some would say he is bipolar, one moment he is happy-go-lucky and then suddenly he has a short temper and everything.
“Yeah right, Goth-boy.” Izuma remarked.
Then he did it, if there was one thing you don’t do, that is tease a pissed-off Damien. “You’d better run…and pray I don’t catch you.” His voice came out cold and serious. “One…” beginning the count down to Izuma’s life-beating.
Izuma stood there in mockery of Damien. “Two…” He teased.
“You dumbass!” A girl yelled. “Run!”
Flashing a smirk across his face, “you can’t beat me” casually walking away he muttered. “Meet me in the back parking lot at…three.” Then he vanished into his biology class.
“That jerk…” Swinging and punching a nearby locker Damien yelled. “He will pay for making a mockery of me!” Storming in the direction of the weight lifting room he through a hand up. “See you during lunch.”

The light breeze blew lightly through Kyra’s beautiful hair as she joined Kaito and Damien by the water fountain under the shade of a Japanese tree. Damien set on a branch relaxing by listening to the sound of the running water; while Kaito set propped up against the trunk of the tree studying for his next class.
“Hey guys! What’s up?” Kyra smiled and tossed them each a rice ball. “Here I baked them this morning.” Then she took a seat leaning against the opposite side of the tree. “Um…do you guys every get the feeling that…?” But she stopped in mid-sentence.
“What?” They asked in unison.
Sighing, “never mind,” the question was completely stupid and it may cause them to think she was utterly insane. “Well…umm…you guys have any plans after school?” This wasn’t the question but it would do for now.
“Yeah!” Kaito closed the book and glanced up at her.
A little sad, “really what,” she hated to admit that she was hoping for a no.
“A fight…” Damien replied.
This cheered her up a lot, Kyra loved to see bloodbaths and she liked it even better when she was involved in them. “With?”
“Izuma!” They guys smiled and Damien jumped to the ground. “I’m gonna kick his smart-ass.”
“Oh,” sighing she realized it was gonna be a one-on-one ruble and not a gang fight . “Then I guess I’ll catch you guys later.”
“Hey what’s wrong?” Kaito asked sensing she wasn’t excite anymore, “would you rather me not fight?” He stepped up to her.
“No, you kick his ass…I got stuff to do anyways.” She faked a smile then headed for the library.
“Damien, you think she’s okay?” Kaito questioned.
Tossing a rice cake to Kaito, “yeah man, she’s okay…” He only said that to cheer his friend up, but truth be told, he didn’t think she was okay about not fight… “Kyra, you’re a strange one…”
“Huh?” Kaito barely heard Damien’s whisper.
      

 

 

Copyright © 2006 Ryuichi Minamino
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"