Nights In The Asylum
James Nite

 

(This story is 100% fiction)



Nights in the Asylum (Part 1)
By James Nite

Note: The events that took place within the Bellsing Mental Institute from August 14, 1983 to August 18, 1984 were tragic as well as horrific, and the content I have recorded from my research may not be suitable for younger readers. Many theories of what exactly happened at Bellsing are still floating around today. Many scientists believe it was a case of Phychotical Illusionary Disfunctions (PID) , mainly caused from bacteria in wheat and dairy products. Many more, however, believe it was the work of a evil beyond that of mere human comprehension. Nights in the Asylum is a full and non-bias account of the victims, and sightings, which have been nick-named the Bellsing Asylum Hauntings...

It was around 9:00 AM, August 13, 1983. The weather in Bellsing, Georgia had been dark and rainy for the past few weeks, with no signs of soon stopping. Ms. Maria Kays, the co-director of Bellsing Mental Institute (BMI) , according to City Council records, had been scheduled for a 10:45 AM meeting about the finacial problems with BMI. '...As you can see, the food in the intitute lacks nutrition as well as taste, and the rooms are out-dated.' said a tall, redheaded woman. She was standing in a darkened room, infront of 5 old and grouchy looking men. '....This is why I suggest that the city issue a grant, to better improve the facilities.' she finished her speech and stared at the men, looking for a sign of hope and approval. 'Ms. Maria West Kays, of Bellsing Mental Institute: Claim 34. August 13, 1983: denied.' said one of the men. 'Next case to take place at 11:30 after recovery time, all dismissed' he continued, and they all promptly left the room.

How was she too tell the workers? Maria thought. Due to low funding a few of them would even have to be laid off, and she had known all of them for at least a year now, some even longer. She sadly began walking into the asylum, and before she could even sit down, a worker ran up to her in panic. 'MARIA, WE NEED YOUR HELP IN ROOM 20!' he was screaming repeatedly. She followed him with hesitation, and the reached the corner room of the bottom floor, she saw a patient kicking and screaming. 'Do we have any Aquline 67 left?' she asked calmly, studing the panicing patient. 'No Maria, we have been out for weeks, it is too expensive...' replied one of the workers who was struggling to get the man in a restraint position. After an hour of fighting, it took six staff members to subdue the man, and the began to move him to his new upstairs room, inorder to make room for new patients.

'What is all this fuss about,' asked Maria, 'David has not shown signs of agression in the past' she grabbed a clipboard full of notes taken on him. 'Severly paranoid' she read softly. 'Read on,' the worker took the clipboard out of her hands and pointed to a highlighted area. 'It says here he also have an extreme fear of darkness, that is why we are going to move him upstairs where there are larger windows, and the better lighting.' he finished. 'Hmm, well, seeing as how he has given everyone so much trouble, I better make sure things are going well upstairs then.' and Maria turned and began marching upstairs.

I almost forgot! Though Maria. How was she to decide who was going to be laid off? She was so deep in thought that she didn't noticed she had already gotten the top of the stairs, and made it to room 130. The workers had already left? She thought, and slowly unlocked the doors, and peeked in. It was completely dark inside. "What does he mean window? That is not a window anywhere in here!" said Maria. she closed the door. A glimer of light reflected off something that looked metallic, she started feeling for a switch of somekind. Then she ran into something. It was wet, and she was startled. THUNK she crashed to the floor. As she got up to recover herself, she heard a faint hiss-like sound. She slowly backed away, out of the room, and right as she shut the door a loud scream echoed through the now empty halls. She looked at her hands, which still had the liquid on her hand. Everything was fuzzy, she must have dropped her glasses in there, she thought.

Maria ran back downstairs to her office to get her backup pair of glasses and inform the staff of room 130 being empty and windowless. On her way back she was inspecting her hand, as she squinted, a thich looking red liquid came into view. 'AHHHHHHHHH!' she screamed, and began running, and she smacked right into the worker from before. 'Mrs. Kays,' he said 'What happened?' 'I wa-was in ro-oo-m 130' she stuttered 'there were no lights, and the blood and...' the worker stopped her 'Maria, room 130 is the meat storage room...' laughed the worker. Maria, feeling embarrassed asked the worker if he could help her find her glasses in the room. 'My pleasure' he replied. 'I never got the chance to ask you your name from before..' 'It is Vence..' he replied after a small ammount of hesitation... as they came to room 130's door.

'Why in the world would we move a patient to the meat locker?' she asked, handing Vence the report of David. 'Oh, I am sorry. Part of the number must have been cut off by the printer, that is strange. The correct room number is 138.' he said. Opening the room. 'The lights are over here' he said and flipped them on. He began scanning the floor. 'Ah, here we go' he bent down and picked up a pair of scratched glasses, handing them to Maria. There were a litted scratched up. As he replaced them with her current ones, the scrated forms the backwards letters EID on the lenes. She took them off, and put back on her backup glasses, giving her scratched ones a closer look. Softly carved in the lenses were the letters D, I and E. 'Die?' whispered Maria. 'What was that?' asked Vence. 'Oh nothing, thank you for your help...Vence, I will go check out room 138' she said, leaving the meat room.

David sat alone in the bare room. He leaned agianst one of the three bare and dirty walls of his new room. His bones pierceing through his skin, and pitch black bags under his eyes. He can't sleep...it haunted his dreams the worse. He only slept when he no longer could stand to be awake. He glared, with a souless and blank stare over at the smeared plexiglass window, he could see over the bustling city, but his eyes watched the Sun sink below the far away hills, taking his hopes with it. As dark blue overtook the sky, his new source of light would be the plain and unprotected bulb hanging just overhead. Swinging back and fourth rythmatically. They treat me like I am an animal, they put me in this broken down rooms like I am not a real human, but what I see, I know is real. I know it.... he thought. The light began swinging back and fourht harder and harder, then in shattered. Shards of glass and sparks of light were raining on David, and then he could here the sounds. 'Go away...' he said...'GO A-AWAY!' he was now screaming repeatedly. 'You can't leave me' a deep and raspy voice replied. and David fell to the floor sobbing.

Maria was on her way to his room when she heard the sobbing and screaming. She ran to his room and quickly unlocked the door, slamming it open. 'What is happening in here?' she asked. She quickly grabbed a flashlight hanging just on the outside of the door, and flashed it around the room, and it stopped on a small huddeled up man, crying. 'David, what is wrong?' she asked, desprate for him to tell her what had happened. 'Help..' he replied.. 'Help you with what' Maria asked, looking into his eyes... 'help...' he replied, with a weaker voice. 'I am sorry, David..' she said. 'I will get this lightbulb fixed as soon as possible... but I have to go check on other patients now' she said, before closing and locking the door before she left.

Tonight is the night I will ecscape, thought David. He held a butter knife he had kept from when they gave him his food, which was horrible. He walked over to the door, straining to listen for voice and he heard nothing. It was almost 10:00 PM, he assumed. It would be after hours now, or close to it at least. He took the butter knife and slowly slipped it though the crack, unlocking the old and useless locks they had put on the doors, which had to be extremly old by now. He cracked the door, looking around one last time for safety, then he slipped out of the room. 'It is this damn asylum' he cursed. 'It is the reason it is following me every night!' he was getting himself angry. He quickly became aware of his surroundings. He was standing in a longer hallway, with a lot of flourecent lights over head, a long mirror and many potted plants at each room. 'If they spent more time making the rooms better, I wouldn't be out her right now...' he said 'instead they want to make the hallways all pretty...' he snickered. 'CLOSING TIME, LIGHTS DOWN!' yelled somebody from down the hall, and David quickly ducked beside a potted plant, and a guard looked down the hall and moved on. One by one, the lights began to go off, and David panicked.

He ran on down the hall, as the lights went off, IT was not trailing far behind. It wac cackling, IT was having fun thought David... running faster untill he reached the other end of the hall. He turned the corner and was in a room with yet agian, a few lights, now turning off, a potted plant, and a huge mirror. He looked to the corner, and at a desk with a single desk light, was Maria Kays. 'David...!' she yelled, surprised, 'What is Gods name are you doing out your room?!' she asked impatiently, getting up and walking over to him. The last of the overhead lights were now turned off, and only the desk light dimmly light the main lobby room. 'Its coming! Get away!' he yelled. She looked into his eyes, searching for answers of what was happened. She then saw him point behind her. She looked, and nothing was there. Then, out of the corner of her eye, something moved in the mirror. She snapped her head to the mirror, and saw this thing, with matted black hair, and scars covering almost every inch of it's face, it's eyes transfixed upon David and her....'You see it too...' he said, and then the familiar raspy voice continued 'You should have listened to him..' it yelled.

Vence walked into the lobby that next morning to find something out of the ordinary. Mrs. Kays, and patient register number 79, David M. Gates setting in the middle of the room, breathing hard and looking around the room scared. 'Whoa... what happened Maria? Why is David out of his room? he began asking so many question. She just replied 'It was horrible... like something out of the Exorcist...it's real and it's still in the building' Maria said, still glaring at ever darkened corner of the room, making sure it was safe, before Vence and her took David back to his room. 'We have to get help..' she said.

Later that day she contacted many agencys and investigators of the paranormal, as well as a few scientist and investigators. All of them who gave her the same answer, nothing out of the ordinary, and the left. That is when she contacted me, a reporter of the paranormal, and sciences to come and report everything I find, and every possible answer as to what this 'thing' is, both from a scientific and superstious viewpoint. This is just the beggining of three reports I have on the Bellsing Asylum Event. Using every method avaliable, I will track down whatever 'IT' is...



Nights in the Asylum (Part Two): Letters from Insanity

Dr. Van Alucard of the Georgia Paranormal Research Center has recently requested that Maria Kays West set up a series of special heat-detection cameras in every room of the hospital, and that she update and write to him daily about what is happening at Bellsing. Earlier that week she had contacted him to investigate sightings of IT, the unimaginative nickname she and David gave the demonic being. David, was a patient of Bellsing. The being had become more violent, and now was torturing them nearly 24/7, and then things only became worse from there. My report continues with Dr. Alucard researching IT.

The bad weather had ominously been the same for weeks now. Severe thunderstorms and flood warnings. Rain now poured down upon Bellsing, Georgia, and thunder struck continiously through the sky. Prehaps the worst place to be in all of this weather was Bellsing Mental Institute, the badly outdated asylum. 'Maria...' called out Vence, a friendly new worker at Bellsing, as he approached her desk. 'What do you want?' she asked in a tired voice, she, like David, now had bags under her eyes, she had not slept at all. 'David reported IT pacing outside his door, agian' chuckled Vence. 'Do you think this is all funny, Vence, do you?' she replied now in a now longer tired, but aggitated tone. 'Well it's not...I don't know if I am going insane or if this thing is going to kill me in my sleep... neither of these are pleasant...ARE THEY?' and she then got up and stormed off out of her office, leaving a spinning chair and a dumbstruck Vence behind.

David was now thinner, and paler than ever. He always all the food they gave him, so he wasn't starving, and he got lots of Sunlight. He blamed these features on the creature that alone taunted him, and now, he had somebody who he could share the burdon with. Just then the door to his new room...slip open. It was Vence. 'Hey, David. I heard you were seeing IT agian...' he said, trying to hide his laughter and snickering. David just glared at him and continued to loose himself in his own thoughts. He almost never speaks to anyone, as he prefers to stay alone and secluded now. The asylum was a perfect place to do so, even though he despised the fact they locked him up, without freedom. 'So, er, David... what does IT look like?' Vence asked, now with curiosity and wide eyes. Right on cue, David heard the growling, and raspy threats of the demon.

David shifted his eyes towards the door, which Vence had forgot to fully close, and the door burst wide open. Through it came a scabbed up face, its matted hair soaked with a blood-like liquid, and it's eyes filed with joy and terror, at the same time. IT loved to tease IT's victimes... in this case David. 'Vence,' he said in a voice now a little more happy than before, 'Why don't you ask the demon how IT looks...' he smirked, and pointed to the doorway. 'I-I...' he glanced to the door, a little worried, then looked back. 'I don't see anything, David...' he then sighed began to walk to the door, and halted in his place. He now looked to the mirror, similar to the way Maria had the first time she saw 'IT' a scabbed face creature was in the mirror, and he glanced back to the door... and nothing. Then he closed his eyes and heard the raspy growls... 'The newest member to your club David' it laughed and Vence was begging to shake and stare in shock. Finally, IT left the room to pursue Maria... and Vence bolted out of the door, leaving it open.

David began to see a connection. Everytime these people come near him, they begin to see the creature. There is no time to think of that now though...thought David. He ran speeding out of the door, and straight for the end of the hallway, past the lobby and out of the doors. As he was running the familiar growling sound came agian, he was used to it now. His eyes began to water... and he was almost at the door when he was jerked back by several staff members... in fact... all of them. 'Darn, why do I always pick just the right times' he whispered to himself. Then he snapped back to what was happened, and remeber IT was following him. He began struggling to get free, 'STOP IT! LET ME GO NOW!' he screamed. Then the growls echoed through the room, louder than ever. 'IT's mad...' he said, now using all of his force to free himself... but the staff members now had loosened their grip, they too had heard the growls, and looked around for what was making it.

David darted forward, now inches from the door, and a mighty boom of thunder made him jump back, and lighting lite the outside, but just enough to see the eerie shapes of trees and buildings nearby.. and the staff members agian grabbed him, now talking all at once about the howling. Maria stomped into the room, followed by Vence. 'David! What is going on here?' she asked them all. 'Really, five grown man can't hold down one patient... that is pathetic.' she stated, and began walking towards them, before she could do anything else IT appeard outside the front door, every flash of light light up her sadisitic face, and her wild smile and evil eyes now glared at all of them, darting. 'What in God's name is that thing!?!' screamed one staff member, letting go of David and point to IT. The staff, Maria, Vence, and David all turned toward the door, as it now creaked up, and IT disappearded with a flash. The staff members all began talking agian. 'Did you see that' and 'nice try guys...' they were repeating, but one thing was for sure. Now all the workers at Bellsing could see IT.

Finally, staff got David securely in a jacket, and tied him to a nearby chair. 'THIS IS PATIENT ABUSE!!!' he screamed, trying to struggle to get free. All of them still in the lobby, discussing what they had just seen. 'Quite, Mr. Gates..' Maria said in a harsh tone. 'I will have to send a letter to Dr. Alucard at once.' she said, walking over to her desk to get a pen and paper. All of the staff still lost in dicussion. She quickly finished, and put it in a little box just beside the door. The cackling of thunder still continued, and the sky was now darker than ever. Maria didn't know that at this moment, Dr. Alucard had made a rather intresting choice...

Alucard was in the middle of a dark lab, full of pictures and reading lamps with stacks of old and used books near them. 'Nothing like I have every heard of...' he commented, after reading Maria's letter. No ghost or demon has such characteristics... and rarely is an entire asylum affected by the same illusion, he thought. 'Only one way to get to the bottom of this..' he said, and sat down to reply to Maria's letter. 'Dear, Mrs. Maria Kays West, I am writting to inform you I will making a trip to Bellsing to personally see this creature you describe, I will be there within the next day or so, I need to prepare. Please be ready, I will be bringing a camera crew and a small team of friends to help me with my investigation.... -Van' he ended the letter and smilied. 'Good enough' he thought, and went off to send the letter.

There is one more section of my report left. Next time, it will be done live, as now I know no more of the asylum events untill I can study it in person, I only have suspicion now. As I finish the second part of my report, I ask myself if I have what it takes to figure out what evil is in the asylum, or a resonable explanation, or even if I will live through the night. The only thing I know for sure, is that is will be intresting, if not deadly.

(C) Van Alucard and Georgia Paranormal Research Center Publishing... editing by James Nite.



      

 

 

Copyright © 2005 James Nite
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"