Adolescent Innocence 3: The Ghost (1)
Loki

 

Warning: This story is filled with extreme violence, explicit language, and intense themes. If you have not read Adolescent Innocence or Adolescent Innocence 2, then you might not understand the story fully well. Other than that, enjoy the story....
* = not real

Adolescent Innocence 3: The Ghost

I ran. The tree branches and bushes slapped and cut at my exposed arms and legs like knives, trying to hold me back. The enemy was close. Fear gripped my heart. They were closer now, even closer. I entered into an open field. As I ran across the field, it seemed to stretch farther and farther. The enemy was even closer than before. Now right behind me. I ran like the devil but to no avail. There they were now, the dark shadows of my past victims. Tyler, Jay, Garret, Cory, and even Heith. They advanced like a pack of wolves, waiting for the right moment. Their devil eyes flashed red with fury. They were closer, CLOSER! I felt like a madman, going out of my mind! They grabbed me and......

� NO! �. I sat up in a flash. I struggled to catch my breath and wipe the cold sweat from my head. I looked at the alarm clock which said, 4:27 am. � Just a dream, nothing to worry about. It never even happened. � I said to my self. My name is Lee. Earlier in the year I had moved back to my hometown. There, I was forced into a game of death in which I killed 3 people. Or so I thought. My nemesis, Garret recovered and planned out a second game all from his hospital bed. In that game I had killed 4 people with the help of Tess and Michelle. But, all was not well. After it all, Michelle couldn�t live with herself and the things she had to do. In the end, Tess and I escaped it all. Michelle took her own life. With some help from a trusty FBI agent, me and Tess were not been held accountable for the deaths. Michelle was. Now, 3 weeks later, I was having flashbacks and terrible dreams of what I had done. Unable to go back to sleep, I just sat there and tried to hold back, but couldn�t. I quickly burst into tears. I would never be the same person I was a year ago.

Next morning, The Andrews household

Beep! Beep! Beep! She awoke groggily and turned off the alarm. Tess sat up slowly and stretched. She struggled to the bathroom while yawning. During the past few weeks, Tess had been reunited with her parents after her being missing and the memory loss. She could tell her parents had been through a crisis during Tyler�s death and Tess� missing. She was now growing back her natural hair and she no longer had to wear contacts. As she got through showering and eating breakfast, getting ready for school, Tess casually passed Tyler�s room, still left in it�s original order. She picked up a picture of her dead sister and said, � Tyler, why did you have to do it? Becoming evil like that? � She said with grief. Someone was behind her. � You okay honey? � Her mom said with concern. � Yeah mom. I just wish I still had the Tyler that we could always love. Not the evil thing she turned into. � Said Tess, still looking at the picture. � We will always feel sad or angry at the choice Tyler made. Even though she went down the wrong path, she will always be the sweet girl we all loved. Tess when I look at you, I see her. When I look at her, I see you. That�s all I need from now on. � Said her mom as she hugged Tess. Tess winced when she looked back at the picture. How could she compare me to an evil creature like that, thought Tess with fear?

A grungy bar, Atlanta, GA

She sat in the back, for fear of being recognized. The dim lights and shadows of the place helped alot also. Drunken men swayed back and forth, loudly saying the most repulsive things. Half dressed women paraded the streets, looking for a quick buck. Every city has its dangerous parts. Now the girl, located in one of the most dangerous parts of Atlanta, just sat back and took it all in. She was a runaway see. She loved dangerous parts because they had the most cover. If she were out in the open, she would be recognized. The TV interrupted her thoughts. Now that the game was over, Dateline was coming on NBC. Tom Brokaw spilled out the same old shit that he usually did, only this time something caught the girl�s attention. � History has been made in the state of Florida. But not the kind you would like to hear about. Months ago, mysterious deaths of teens baffled local police of *Portersville, *Thomastown, and *Kenton. �. The girl listened on with undivided attention.� FBI agents were called to the scene. One agent, whose name is disclosed due to sensitive orders in the murders, uncovered the crime of a lifetime. There he found that the local teens were being murdered by a young 14-yr. old girl by the name of Michelle Harris. �
Anger flashed into the girl�s eyes as a picture of the killer flashed across the screen. � Harris has made history books as being the youngest serial killer in the history of crime. In less than a year, she took more than 9 lives, including her own. The two survivors refused to be interviewed but they did give us one message. � . The girl looked at the screen with the eyes of a statue. Text appeared on the bottom of the screen from the two survivor�s words. Warped dialogue played the message: We were lucky to survive. She was a strange, twisted person that didn�t care if she lived or died, only if she fulfilled her � mission � as she called it while she picked us off one by one.� . � That is so evil. How could a girl do something like that? � Said the waitress, looking over at the runaway. But the runaway had now left, quickly running back to the alleys where she was safe.

When she entered the alley, she burst into tears. How could they do something like that to me?! HOW?! She thought feeling like she was going to explode in anger and die of sadness at the same time. Michelle remembered it like yesterday....

� Guys, I thank you for saving me and helping me, but I have to do this, leave. � I said with desperation. Lee grabbed Tess by the arm and while looking at me dead in the face, he said, � Let�s go. � As they turned around and left me all alone. I had the gun pointed shakily at my head. It�s all going to end. The terror, the pain. All gone. I thought to myself. But looking down the cold, blood splattered silver barrel of that gun gave me a reality shot straight to my brain. Why...what am I doing? I... we lived through the entire thing. I don�t want to die! I don�t want to do this! I thought as I lowered the gun and prepared to get the hell out of that cursed house. But a moan from the other room caught her attention. Then a sickening sliding sound. Bump, slide, bump, slide. Someone or something was in the other room. Michelle looked at the door from which the noise was coming from. Then.....BRASH! The door was knocked from its hinges! Michelle gasped. Standing, no limping in the doorway was Bruno! � No, I ran over you! I heard a crunch! You can�t be alive! � Michelle said with fear. Bruno�s right leg looked like a gnarled, broken tree branch. Then she noticed that Bruno had a large black gun in his hand. He reared the gun up slowly at Michelle, determined to kill her. Michelle knew that if he shot, they would both die from the explosion. So Michelle turned and ran like hell towards the window in the next room leading to the backyard. So close, but it seemed like slow motion. Click! was the sound of Bruno pulling back the hammer of the gun. Michelle jumped for the window. CRASH! tinkle! tinkle! The glass was everywhere, cutting her hands, but she didn�t care. Then..........BLAM!
KA-BOOOOOOOOOM! Michelle was thrown through the air with great force. She landed in the forest. She had various injuries, but all she cared about was getting away, fast. She ran as far as her legs could carry her, who knows how long or how far. The next night, she neared a small church by the highway. It took all her strength just to raise a hand and knock on the door. A small man of age saw her. � My child, what in the devil happened to you? � He said as he reached for her. She tried to say something but she immediately blacked out.

When Michelle had woken up, she found herself in a large white room filled with beds. She was alone in the room in one of the beds. She had been removed from her burned dirty clothes and know wore an all white sleeping clothes. Also, her wounds were cleaned and almost healed. Where am I? She thought. She struggled to get up and then proceeded to walk out of the room with the beds. The surroundings were all unfamiliar to her. There was a large central building sectioned off from all the others. She walked in it and went straight to the woman at the receptionist desk. � Excuse me but, I need to know where am I and what I am doing here. � Michelle said to the woman. She looked up from her paperwork, � Oh! You must be the girl! Miss Sarah Penn is the one you can talk to. Go down the hall until you see a door with her name on the glass. � She said with enthusiasm. Michelle walked down with caution. What if I am in some juvenile detention center or something. Or worse, If I am in a nuthouse. She thought fearfully. She knocked on the door. � Come in. � came from the bowels of the room. Michelle took a deep breath and stepped in.

Michelle had found out from Miss Penn that she had been in a coma for about a week. The little priest man had sent her to the only place that was near that could provide care for her. The St. Thames boarding school for girls. There she was treated with care throughout her sickness. When Miss Penn called the police so they could get Michelle and take her home, she thought it would be a risk. A girl missing for about a week and found in the woods? It would give Lee, Tess, and I away. I hope they are ok. Michelle thought as she stole a backpack, some food, and some clothes from the school and ran away, once again.

Now, 2 weeks later, Michelle has found out that Lee and Tess betrayed her. Blaming everything on Michelle was all that she could take. She helped them, risked her life for them. And now they go behind their back so they won�t go to jail. The anger gave Michelle an adrenaline rush. Strange things started brewing in her head. Now, if I am the killer, and now I'm dead, then doesn�t that give me the element of surprise? She thought wickedly. Michelle began her plan right then. I will be a ghost to them, ready to extract my revenge. Now, the only thing driving Michelle on was the thrill of the kill pulsating through her insane brain.

Maximum security prison, North Georgia

� Motherfucker you my bitch. Now come here to daddy, faggot. � Said the very large and muscular prisoner. � Fuck you. And I�m not your bitch. � Said the smaller man. The big prisoner had the eyes of a tiger. � COME HERE NOW OR I�LL CUT YOU UP IN YOU SLEEP. NOW COME TO DADDY! � He bellowed. The small man tried to run, but the onlooking prisoners pushed him back. � Get him Tank! Yeah, fuck his tight ass up! � They yelled and screamed with wicked passion. Tank rushed at the little man. The little guy tried to move but failed. Tank slammed him into the wall. BAM! Then he started hitting the man repeatedly in the face and stomach. Thump! Thump! Thump! � Ooooof! � The air shot out of the man�s stomach and he fell to the floor. The prisoners joined in and kicked and punched and beat the man like an animal. � HEY! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?! � Came a voice from the shower entrance. Then a horde of police ran into the room and started beating and pushing the prisoners out of the shower. Tank was grabbed by the arms of a policeman. Tank simply lifted the man and threw him against the shower walls. BRACK! A dozen more police surrounded Tank and beat him with nightsticks and sprayed him with pepper spray until he was subdued. The little man was still on the floor. � Frosteg, get your ass up and proceed to the nurse. Then go to the visiting booth you little shit. � Said the cop. Daniel Frosteg slowly got up. He had been in jail for about 3 weeks now in the maximum-security prison serving close to 80 years for embezzlement, lying under oath, and criminal acts against children. He was a twisted man, bent on destroying other�s lives. But that all changed when his son, Garret, was killed in a game Daniel himself had created. He was deeply saddened by the death of his son and vowed revenge for anyone who did the ghastly deal to him. When he walked to the visitor�s booth and was surprised to find out who was there. His wife, Kelly. He had not seen her in the past 10 years ever since they got divorced.

As he sat down, the rattle of the chains brought him back to reality. He was in prison, not still married. � Kelly, my god what a surprise. � He said with awe. She looked different from when he last seen her. She looked.... disturbed. � Don�t give me any shit Daniel. I came here all the way from Minnesota not because I heard that my ex-husband was going to jail, but that my son had been.....killed. � She said with groggy sadness that comes with drinking. � Honey, listen.. � He started. She opened both eyes wide, � Don�t you honey me! I don�t even know you anymore! You are not the man I knew 16 years ago. You have changed. I can feel the evil just rushing from your eyes. I should have never came here! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! � She screamed as she beat the glass violently with her fists. The guards entered and prepared to escort her from the building. � NO, LET GO OF ME! � She struggled free of the guard�s grasp and took a chair and slammed it against the glass. Whump! But the 6-inch thick bulletproof glass wouldn�t break that easy. She kept on screaming like a madwoman the whole time as she was escorted out. The thing that had her so angry wasn�t the things Daniel had done, but the fact that he was laughing at her the whole time. Daniel was one sick fuck. � Well, back to being Tank�s bitch. � He said with a laugh as he prepared to get up. But the guard blocked his path. � Sit down. You have 1 more visitor. � Said the guard. What? Who else would care to visit me? He thought with confusion. � She says she is your daughter. She wants to speak to you privately. � The guard said as he led Daniel to the private room. � You got 5 minutes. � Said the guard. � Don�t try any sick shit like incest either, faggot. � Said the guard gruffly. I don�t have any daughter. What the hell is going on? He thought as the door opened and his � daughter � came in.

Slam. The door was now closed. Daniel sat, she stood. Daniel shifted nervously and said, � I have had some wild affairs. Maybe a kid got involved or something. What do you want, money? It�s obvious that this place isn�t some kind of frickin� bank. � He said with a laugh. She eyed him irritably. � Cut the shit Frosteg. I�m not your daughter at all. Actually I am willing to let you help me. � She said. Daniel looked at her stupidly. � Kid, I don�t need any help from you, my wife, or any goddamn person on this fucking excuse for a planet. Now, tell me what would make me help you. Tell me one thing that would make me help you the slightest way. � He said sarcastically. She lit her eyes. � Because, I know who killed your son. � She said. Daniel�s funny face quickly turned into a stare. � You know? How? How do you know? Tell me! � He said furiously. She smiled deviously, � A little birdie told me. So, Frosteg, I have reason to know that you had mob connections. Isn�t that how you were able to get Garret�s friend, Cory, to attack us about a month ago??? � She said questioningly. He shook his head, � Yeah.. Cory worked with a ruthless gang that I had a partnership with. 5 of their members were killed last month though, by the young serial killer. You know, the 14 year old girl that killed herself afterwards. � He said. Blam! She slammed her fist down on the table. � I am that 14 year old girl! I never murdered anyone! And I want just what you want, REVENGE. � She said through clenched teeth. Daniel was in shock. Then he smiled evilly. � Then we have something in common. I�ll give you a number and you call the gang. They won�t want any kind of money if you promise that you can find and show them the persons responsible for the death of their gang members. � He said with sick joy in his eyes. � But what�s in it for you? � She said, arms crossed. � One thing. If you promise to tear the soul out of the person that killed my son in the worst kind of way, that will be my satisfaction. � He said gleefully. The guard opened the door, � 50 seconds Frosteg. � He said as he shut the door again. The girl grabbed the number and slipped it into her pocket. � Oh and by the way, my name is Michelle. � She said as she opened the door and left her � father � .

Penthouse/drug house. Miami, Florida

Spanish music filled the air as Santiago Fernandez, a.k.a, King Cobra, lived the lifestyle of a millionaire. Cars, clothes, bitches, and all the money that he would ever need was secured in his illegal business of selling some of the finest drugs from Cuba and South America via the sea. He sold them all over the U.S. and he also ran a very covert successful kill for hire business. That went awry when his top 5 assets were killed in North Florida about a month ago and his main associate, Daniel Frosteg, was sent to the Big House.
� HEY! HURRY UP! I DON�T WANT THE COPS GETTING ON MY CASE, AIIGHT? � He said as he slapped one of the workers unloading a new shipment of crack and cocaine from his luxury yacht. � King Cobra, some girl really wants to speak to you. � Said his Jervase, a lowly butler. � Tell her King Cobra isn�t accepting any fucking prostitutes tonight, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. � He said with a laugh. Jervase spoke something in the phone and then looked grave. � Sir, you�d better come to the phone. � Jervase said quietly. King Cobra pushed Jervase aside and snatched the phone:
King Cobra: Yeah, what?
Girl: I have some information that would be very suitable to you.
K.C.: And what would that be?
Girl: I know the people who killed your 5 members.
K.C.: What? Is this some kind of joke? I swear if I find out....
Girl: I don�t have time for any games. This is it, I�ll tell you the people if I get my fair cut for such valuable info.
K.C.: Look, I don�t like people pushing me around.
Girl: Ok, then you must not like information about you gang member�s deaths. Goodbye.
K.C.: No, wait! I mean, I�m sure we can work something out. What do you want?
Girl: I want a fake birth certificate dated at May 28, 1983 and also a fake driver�s license made by the name of Melissa Adams. I also want a first-class airline ticket for a trip from Atlanta to Miami. Then, I want a million dollars for telling, leading, and helping you kill all those responsible for the murders of your fellow gangsters.
K.C.: You are asking alot. Especially with the million smack-a-roos.
Girl: From what I�ve heard, that�s only a fraction of your wealth. And I swear if you go back on you word or if I don�t get all of the items I have asked for, I will turn your ass in.
K.C.: Okay, okay, fine. From what I have heard, a serial killer killed all of my men.
Girl: Wrong. The story was twisted. I am the person that was accused of killing the men.
K.C.: Oh, ho, ho. No wonder you want revenge. Everything is settled then. Be prepared to be in Miami in a day or two. Go to the strip club on 4th and Main Street in Atlanta. I have �friends � there that will take care of you well. Your necessary items will be given to you before the night comes. I will pay you half now and half later when the people are dead.
Girl: Thank you.
K.C.: What is you name O, mysterious girl?
Girl: Call me ghost. [hangs up]

A week later, Central High School, Thomastown

I walked through the halls with a quick pace. Often, kids would stare at me and whisper to each other. They all knew about what had happened. Not the truth, but they knew most of it. For all they knew, Michelle, who had also gone to this school, had tried to kill me. I wonder how they would treat me if they knew that the killer himself was also the sole survivor. I thought to myself. As I neared my next class, debate, I heard voices from the inside. Well, that wasn�t unusual because I was late. What was strange was the topic that they were talking about. � I think Michelle was truly insane. You look on television all the time and see how standout students shoot up schools and kill people for no reason. � Said a male student. I decided to eavesdrop for a while. � You know what I think? I think that there is something funny about all this. Like we haven�t heard all the facts yet. I believed somewhere along the line, the survivors, Lee and that other girl, made a promise that they would not tell anyone what really happened. � Retorted a female. My heart skipped a beat. She was too close to the truth. � Since Lee is absent class, maybe we should go in a deep discussion about what really happened. 15 students on the red team, 15 on the blue. We are going to debate whether the truth was revealed or not. This is our debate today. � Said Mr. Kemp, the debate teacher. Maybe it was time for me to unexpectedly drop in. I opened the door and said, � Did I miss something? � The class was dead silent. It took 3 seconds for Mr. Kemp to shake his head no. I smirked, � Good, then what is the debate today? � I said with glee. � We... I mean we were.... we were discussing the differences between water buffalos and African bison! � He stuttered. Is that the lamest excuse he could think of? I thought.

Afternoon, The Andrews household, Portersville

Tess came home from another hard day at school. As weird as it sounds, she still sometimes forgot all about the game of death and walked the halls, wondering if she would see Jay and joke with him about people, or Tyler and her usual group of wannabe�s. Or even Heith, with his crazy antics and the way he could make anyone laugh. But, they were all gone now. Now, the friends she used to have now isolated her with fake smiles when she is around and looks of disgust when she walks away. Sometimes, she even felt like suicide would help the pain. But she always quickly dismissed it, not wanting to die like Michelle. Later that evening, when she got home, both her parents were there. Which was strange because they never got home before 5:00pm. � Mom, dad, is something wrong? � She said with worry. Her mom looked a bit strange. � No sweetie. Just sit down on the couch and we will tell you everything. � She said. What�s going on? Then, she thought the worse was happening. What if we have been discovered? Our plan, what if we left one of our tracks uncovered? She thought as fear gradually gripped her. As she sat down, she noticed a folder on the glass table in front of the couch. Her dad looked at her mother and her and began,� Tess, we originally wanted to tell you and Tyler when you were a little older. But I guess this is a good enough time right now.� Tess looked confused. � What are you talking about? � She said. Her mom looked at her and took her hand. � Tess, we mean to say.... well... me and your father are not really your real parents. �

Tess could not move. No emotion was shown on her face. Just shock. � What we mean to tell you is that, you two were adopted about 14 years ago. � Said her father. She was stunned. � So we are not really your real daughters? Well, who are my real parents? � She said with mixed feelings. � Well see, the family we adopted you from were missionaries. They went all over the world teaching less fortunate people about Jesus and the Christian faith. Well at the time you two were born, they were called to Kenya in Africa to teach the local natives and surrounding countries. With you two being newborns, you couldn�t survive the intense heat and extreme living conditions there. So they put you two up for partial adoption. We took you in, gave you a nice home to live in. Well, we didn�t hear from your real parents for about 2 years. And when we finally did, it wasn�t good news. A letter came, informing us that your biological parents had been killed in a wild stampede. So we took full adoption and you two were now ours.� her mother said. Tess looked at the carpet. I have been living with total strangers for my whole life? She thought with awe. She looked up again and took a deep breath. � What were their names? � She said questioningly. Her dad took a paper and read from it, � Their names were Donald and Mary McKinzie. They had a home in Kenton until it was sold to a couple with the same last names, Peter and Florence McKinzie. Weird. � Said her dad. He handed a picture of her parents to Tess. Tess� eyes suddenly shot open and she stood up and caught her breath. No, no, no, no! Those people! They are the same people that took me in when my memory was gone! She thought furiously. What the hell is going on???? She said as she dropped the picture and ran to her room.

Next day, highway leading to Portersville

They were making great progress. In the past week, Michelle had waited in the club that King Cobra referred her to. There she was treated like a queen. By the next day, a person in a black car delivered an industrial sized envelope to her. Inside it was a fake birth certificate, fake driver�s license, and $500,000 loaded into a Cobalt Card and also a Visa card. She was flown to Miami to meet the King himself. There they planned and plotted every evil, sneaky, deadly move they could to finish Lee and Tess off quickly, quietly, and very violently. Now they were almost to Portersville, to set the first part of their plan into play. King Cobra had brought four of his best killers/hit men. They had an assortment of weapons that would provide useful for the hit. Things like silenced pistols and sniper rifles were loaded into the trunk of their Escalade. King Cobra consistently reminded Michelle of her in on the bargain. � These cats better not have been moved away or worse yet, you�re lying to me. � He said. Michelle looked at him with amusement. � If I wanted to jerk you around, then I would have ditched you when I got the credit cards with my money on it. I�m not leaving you, and I better get my 500 grand after this is all over. � She said demandingly. King Cobra was a very violent man, but to Michelle, he was putty in her hands. � Why are you so hyped up to spend so much on those 5 men you lost. I mean, you have so much money and connections, I�m sure that you could have found many assets ready to fill their places. � Michelle said. King Cobra looked sullen. � I don�t like to say much about it, but until those two lie dead before me, then my pain will go away. � He said gravely. As they were pulling close to the exit leading to Portersville, Michelle could not stop smiling. Revenge is so sweet. She thought with sick joy.

 

 

Go to part:2  3  4 

 

 

Copyright © 2001 Loki
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"