Adolescent Innocence (1)
Loki 0555

 

*Warning
This is a story of corruption, greed, lust, and death. Be warned that there will be strong, offensive language and violence.

* = not real


Adolescent Innocence


As I watched the city disappear into the horizon, the shocking truth of what I had really done haunted me. All had ended well in the game and I was not blamed for the deaths of my so called "friends". Still the pain and guilt hammered me. I knew that I would remember the
past 3 months for the rest of my life.....

3 months earlier....

I had mixed feelings about my families recent move back to my home town. It had been 4 years since I lived in *Portersville and now we were moving back. I had spent the past 4 years in *Thomastown with my mother and brother. My dad was locked in the state penitentiary for some shit he didn't even do, but I'll get to that later. We were nearly there, school started for me tomorrow and I couldn't hardly wait to see some of my old friends. I was excited to see everyone except one person. Let me go back, about 10 years ago, I was 4 at the time, but my dad was working for this big shot construction supervisor by the name of Daniel Frosteg. Frosteg was a mean guy who loved using his power on the town's residents and his staff. He owned over half of the towns houses and apartments. My dad had worked for him for 20 long years and he was looking to get promoted when Frosteg was looking for a vice president for the business. Now everyone knew my dad was right for the job, even Frosteg. But he hired some new white recruit of 3 weeks for the job and laid off my father. My dad planned to steal some computer files that could send Frosteg to jail for his illegal acts on his houses, like embezzlement. But somehow Frosteg's son, Garret, warned his dad about my father's plan. My dad was framed for the illegal acts, along with espionage and he was sentenced 15 years in the slammer. Ain't that fucked up? Since then, Garret has been my nemesis, and I was not too glad to see him or Frosteg.

We neared out two-story house at about 8:00 pm. The moving van had already unloaded and the decorators had already set up our stuff. Yeah, yeah, I know what you're saying. How can these people have all this? Well my mom is an independent woman, enough said. " Mom, this is great. I only wish dad could be with us." I said. She blew a puff of air. "Yeah you are right. But things will work out for him and us. Now let's go relax in the house!" she said enthusiastically.
The next day I was staring at all the unfamiliar faces and a weird looking school. This was all new to me because when I left, it was my 5th grade year. Now in the middle of my 8th, I was a bit confused until a hand clapped on my shoulder. " Hey, who in the hell..." I started to reply, but I was cut off by the young boy that had his hand on my shoulder. " Who are you and why do you have your hand on my shoulder?" I said questioningly. " You should know me man. I'll give you a hint. I used to call myself The Great Caucasion." Then I remembered with a flash. It was my old friend Heith Parker. " Hey man, how's it going? You've changed a lot." I said. " It's cool man. Talk about me changing, you have really changed. You should see yourself. You have gone from skinny stick to buff beef man. " Maybe I have changed. Heith and I were best friends back in the days. We had so much in common it was hard not to be friends. We have the same age (14), we like the same things (girls, hip-hop, cutting class), and we both get in trouble around the school house also. The only difference we have is our race in which I'm African-american and he's Caucasion. " Man, everyone knew you were coming back. You were like a star at elementary school, and everyone likes you. I can tell you right now, with your looks and everything, you are going to get a lot of pussy thrown at you." He said. I really didn't care much about sex though. I wanted to wait for the right time and the right person. That meant that I was not going to tell Heith that I was a virgin, even though I have been in some situations where I had to back out before intercourse. Heith was about to say something when the bell rung. " Hey, I'll see you in lunch, ok?" he shouted over the bell. As the remaining students ran to their classes, I started to jog to my own room.

The school day was awesome. I got about 14 digits(phone numbers) from the finest of the fine girls at the school. I met my old companions and had fun. All was peachy keen until after the last period. Me and Heith were chilling against the lockers talking about stuff when all of a sudden two other girls were interested in us. " Wow, he has grown." One said. " Yeah, he is kinda cute also. Garret has some competition now." The other replied. Garret! I despised him and hatred came upon me at the sound of his name. " Who gives a fuck about that preppy ass anyways. " said Heith. " We were not talking to you, you wannabe Eminem. " said the tall one. They were twins, except one had longer hair and more beauty. They were both green eyed, thick thighed, and both had creamy skin. " You remember Tyler and Tess Andrews don't ya Lee? " Heith said. Oh yeah I remembered them from the get go. Who could forget a more beautiful pair of sisters who seduced you in front of their own boyfriends? Heith told me that he got the shit beat out of him for talking to one of the sisters and he also warned me to watch my back. " Lee you have turned so handsome. Why don't you give me a call? " Tyler said as she wrote the # on a slip of paper. I was astounded. This was jungle fever and I wasn't making any of the moves! As I reached out for the number, two vagabonds arrived. They were both guys our age and both were built like a couple of rednecks. " Whats up boy. " the larger one said simply. Who the hell did he think he was, racially discriminating me in my own face. " Don't be funny cracker. " I said acidly. I already knew who this fellow was. It was Garret and his sidekick Jay. " Lee, I'm sorry. " he said with fake sempathy. " We got off to a bad start. We have so many bad starts. Like your dad. I bet he got off to a bad start when he got fucked in the ass for the first time. " he said with a laugh. That was it. I blew up. Like a bolt of lightning, I ran at Garret and caught him by surprise. He uttered an " oof " as the air rushed out of his lungs. I had him on my shoulder when I slammed him on the locker doors. He was on the ground trying to catch his breath when I prepared to kick him until a pair of hands grabbed me and pushed me against the locker doors. It was Jay. " Chill out before you get laid out you fuc-", he couldn't finish his sentence because my knee had crushed him right into his genitals. He fell to the floor with a dull moan. Garret reared his head up," Guys, come get these assholes! " he said. Then I saw 3 jocks running toward us. Probably some of Garret's bitches. Before they could help Garret and Jay up, me and Heith had dipped out of there and left the scene with the dumb jocks and the awestruck girls.

Ring ring! The phone was ringing off the hook. It was 6:30 that afternoon. I was feeling kinda cocky with my ordeal and so was Heith. He said I had just done what so many guys at the school were afraid of doing. What was to be afraid of from Garret? I was soon to find out. Lee: Yeah? Person on Phone: Hey Lee. This is Tyler. Lee: Hey girl. Wassup? Tyler: Oh nothing. I'm just kinda still shocked from what happened today. Lee: Yeah. I'm sorry you had to see that. He shouldn't have said anything about my dad. Tyler: Don't worry about Garret. He is such a prick. Lee: I thought you went out with him. Tyler: Of course not! Did he say that? That sexist pig. Tess goes out with him. Jay likes me but I have a new interest now. Lee: And who's that, Heith? Tyler: Of course not silly. It's you. Lee I really missed you when you moved. I want to make it up and start over. Saturday there is going to be a party at the park. I would love for you to come. Lee: Ok. Thanks, I'll guess I will see you then. Tyler: Sure. We exchanged goodbyes and hung up. Wow, the sexist girl in the school invited me to a party! Little did I knew that if I wouldn't have went to that party and got caught up in the game, I would not be a ruthless killer now...

Saturday
At 5:00pm I arrived at the park. The park is huge, spanning over 6 miles of trails, a beautiful lake, and lots of land. I found Tyler with Tess by some tables talking to some other kids. A loud stereo was playing mixed tunes with the volume turned all the way up. There was about 70 people out there having fun and being wild. Tyler grabbed me by the arm and hustled me to some tables. " It is too loud here. Let's go somewhere we can talk in peace. " She said loudly as she started leading me into the beginning of a trail. Oh man! This was way awesome. She looked back at me seductively." Come on, I don't want to go alone. " She said silkily. Portersville was getting better and better everday. I thought to myself as I admired Tyler's curves on her body. " We're almost there. Just a bit further as she pulled my hands around her side. I made my mind up just then. Tyler was going to be my first. But my thoughts were interrupted when we neared a clearing. In the clearing there was a circle of benches with a fire burning in the middle. Sitting in those benches was Tess, Heith, a guy named Cory, and Jay.

" Nice to see ya boy. " came a voice from behind me. When I looked, it turned out to be my nemesis, Garret. " What the hell are you guys doing here and why are we here Tyler? " I yelled. I was mad as hell. To be absolute and truthwise, I was fucking horny and now I was fucking angry to be in the same spot with Garret. " Just chill out and take a seat Lee. " she said softly. I took one. Maybe this was some initiation or some shit like that. " I brought you all here to play a little game. I sent for you because I thought you would all be competive opponents." Garret said. " What are we playing? I thought this was a party man. I've got no time for kids games. " I said with a sneer. " Oh believe me. This is no kids game. The game is this: We all divide up into two teams. The team that does the most damage to the other team is the winner. The remaining members of the winning team get the codes for my fathers online account, worth about $100,000 dollars in untraced money.'' I couldn't believe this. You'd have to be a fool to believe any of this gibberish. " How can someone do that Garret? Huh?! You are making fools of us man. We would get sent to jail for this kind of stuff." I said skeptically. " NO, it is true. " he said harshly. " Because this is the embezzlement money my father took and then framed your deadbeat dad for! " He shouted. No way in hell this was true. This was the clue that my father had been innocent! Suddenly I sprang to my feet, preparing to fight Garret. As I got ran at him, he quickly pulled out a black glock .9 ( a gun ) and leveled it at me. Reality hit me like a sack of bricks. " Stay back man. I swear I will kill you. " He said wildly with a funny look in his eyes. This was all too real. " Look, I don't want to play your game. You guys do whatever you want. Just leave me out of it. " I said quickly while I was backing away from the gun with fear. " Lee, you are the sole character in this game. You will play it. " Jay said. The gun was still leveled at me, but I had a plan. As I was nearing the fire, I stepped backwards and kicked the sparks into Garret's face. " Aaargh! " he screamed, grabbing his eyes. I was running by the time he looked towards me and out of sight within seconds.

That night, I thought of going to the police with what I heard when a scream came from upstairs. CRASH! BOOM! I hurried upstairs to see what was the matter. When I reached all the ruckus, I say my mother defending herself with a broom and a dressed in all black figure attacking her. He had a knife in one hand as he tried to slash my mom. I saw my chance and rushed him into the mirror. His head broke the glass and it splintered everywhere. As he got up I took a long shard of the glass and slashed the hand with the knife in it. " Aaaaah! " he yelled. I kicked him in the chest and slammed him into the floor. WHUMP! Then with my mom's help, we tilted the dresser drawer and dropped it onto his back. BLAM! The attacker layed still. " Call the police. " I said to my mom. She rushed out of the room. I looked at the black hood he had over his face. I decided to take it off. I was astonished to find that the person in the hood was none other than Cory.

The next day at school everyone was drooling their sympathies and acknowledgements at my ordeal with the attacker. I didn't tell anyone that it was Cory who did the attacking, but that didn't help one bit because it was on the front page of the Portersville newspaper:
HOUSEHOLD ATTACKED BY YOUNG VIGILANTE
Wow. In the newspaper, it said that Cory had broken the glass and appeared to attack my mom when I appeared and me and my mom kicked his ass. I still didn't get it though. Why would Cory try to harm us? I mean, I never really talked to him, he was just an acquaintance that I knew from around. What was with this? Just then Heith showed up. " Hey dude. I heard about you and Cory. " he said. " Do you know anything about if Cory had any beef with me grudge he had to settle with me? " I said suspiciously. " That's what I came here to tell you man. Meet at the library after school. It's important man. " he said as he left. Yes. Now maybe I can see why that fool attacked us. I thought. Heith had never been this serious before. He was always joking or laid back. What was with everyone?

After school, I went to the school library to see what was up. It was empty and quiet. No one in their right mind would stay after school just to go to the library. Then I saw Heith motion at me to come into the quiet room. The quiet room is a soundproof room where you can study or talk without anyone listening or interrupting. As I walked in, I saw Tyler, Tess, Jay and Garret sitting down in seats.

" Are you guys my own personal fan club or something? Heith why do you keep hanging out with these guys? " I said almost angrily. I noticed that there was one less person : Cory. " I hope you liked my little surprise the other night. " Garret said. " You mean Cory?! Are you trying to kill me or something? I getting tired of your shit Garret. Anymore stunts like that and I will kill your ass. " I said. " Cory was meant to be a warning to you. You will play this game. " he said with a frown. " You guys are with him aren't you? All you guys probably planned this. Nice game, you play with peoples lives for fun. " I said sarcastically. " Not necessarily Lee. " Tyler said. " We needed you so it would be even sides. See, all of us have been either pressured to play or we have already played and we are hooked. " What kind of sick person would find this kind of game addictive? " You guys are wackos. Fuck Cory, fuck this game, and FUCK you guys, peace. " I said as I walked toward the door. " One thing you need to know Lee, I still have many associates that would love to do my bidding. " Garret said. " That means, until you join the game, I will have your loved ones hurt, harmed, or killed. " he said with an evil smile. " You touch my family, and I will stuff you head so far down you throat, you will have to stick a toothbrush up you ass to brush you teeth. Who do you think you are? Huh?! Who the fuck you think you are? " I said as I got ready for another confrontation. " I am the lifetaker. " he said as he stuck a videotape inside the VCR and pressed play. Suddely, my mom was on the screen walking toward her car. Then, it showed a clip of my brother getting on the school bus to his elementary school. It showed more and more clips of my family. I just sat there staring at how Garret was right when he said he could take my families lives. " Is this enough proof, or do I need to send another bandit to ramshackle you family? " Garret said as he turned off the T.V. I lowered my head and looked defeated. I didn't want my family to get hurt because of me. " What do I need to know about this game? " I said. " What was that? I didn't hear you. " he said cheerfully. I know he fucking heard me. I thought. " What do I need to know about this game? " I said through clenched teeth. " Right now there are 6 of us. We will divide up into teams of 3 and then, we will start the game. The first team that destroys the other team will be the victor of my father's, oops, I mean Lee's father's embezzlement money. " he said with a laugh. I said nothing, soon I would have my revenge. I will let him have his joy now. But I will make a vow to myself that I will kill Garret and free my father. I thought. " There will be two captains of the teams. Me and Lee are the captains. " Garret said as he stood up. " The team captains cannot drop out of the game at all. The others can, but they must not have any more contact with the captains or the other team members anymore. " Jay explained. " Why can't the captains drop out? " I said, trying to find a necessary escape. " The captains already have too much dirt on them. If Lee dropped out, I could find a way to blame him for the death of his family after I send someone to kill them and frame Lee." He said. " But if I dropped out, then Lee could go to the authorities. " he added. I hope he is enjoying this. I thought. " Now we will choose teams. All on my side, come to me. " Garret said. Jay and Tess joined Garret. At least Tyler and Heith respect me. " Now my side." I said weakly. Only Tyler joined me. " I'm sorry Lee man. I can't do this. " he said as he grabbed his stuff and ran from the room. " Some friend. " Garret said. " The sides are picked. We will begin the game tomorrow. Your team should plan out their strategy. Good bye. " Garret said as I walked away. " Oh and good luck. " he said fakely. I didn't care about the others. All I wanted to do was strangle Garret until he sputtered and died in my hands.

That following night, Heith came over. " What the fuck do you want friend. " I said meanly. " I want to fucking talk to you about that. Come on man, I had a reason for doing that. I could help you win this game. " he said seriously. I told him to come in and we went to my room, closed the door and locked it. " So what do you want? " I said. " Today at the meeting, I was fibbing. I am going to help you put Garret and his father in jail secretly. " he said. " Wow thanks man. But to tell you the truth, Garret hasn't really done anything except having a gun and sending Cory, no one can trace that. Everyone thinks he is a perfect angel. " I said. " HE IS NOT! " Heith yelled. " Garret has played this game before. He is an expert in it. His father also helps out. They are a bunch of fucked up killers man! 4 other kids have been killed in this game by Garret's side! His father can cover it up and protect him. " he said shrillily. " Garret threatened us all about this and he has all of us on strings. I can help you do this man. " Oh man. This was not some unorganized setup. This was a crime game. " Mr. Frosteg works with some of the underground mafia. People are getting rich off of us. They make bets and we die. " Heith said. " Man we got to tell the police about this. " I said." A guy named Kris already tried that. He was found with 30 bullet holes in his body. We got to move secretly. Look, you pretend to hold off Garret's team for a day or two, then I will have faxed the necessary clues that would put The Frosteg's away for a long time, ok? " he said. " Alright. You be careful man. " I told him. " You also. Watch your back. " he said as he left the room. What Heith didn't notice was a figure in the trees videotaping him. " Heith, Heith, when will you learn? " the figure said quietly.

 

 

Go to part:2 

 

 

Copyright © 2001 Loki 0555
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"