Forcing Relations
Alejandra Herrera

 

FORCING RELATIONS

“Ahhh, stop it, get out of my room now!!!” I yelled to Mary.
“Ok, relax please, there’s nothing to worry about” she answered trying to make fun of me.

My ugly sister Mary is 15 years old and I can’t stand her. She is in my room day and night. I don’t know what she expects from me, I am a year older and she should respect me. She wants me to lend her my beautiful clothes to go to parties and is always hearing my conversations on the phone. She is so annoying! Every time my friends go to visit me, she won’t leave us alone. Mary is always on the way. She is the A student in the house, but not so pretty. I get Cs all along the year, but I am pretty and popular. I know I can do better in school since I’m so intelligent, but I just don’t want to, and must hear my teachers say the same thing over and over again. “Angela, you are very intelligent, but you must work harder. You are capable of being the best one in class”

I have a crush on Tony Kramer, the most perfect guy in school and I’ve decided to make him notice me. He is tall, blond with green eyes. Tony is also the captain of the Football Team and very popular. Every girl wants to be with him, but he will be all mine. The problem is, that I can’t think of a very good plan to catch his attention.

In school, I was sitting with my friends in our usual spot, and I told them:

“Hey guys, I have something very important to tell you. I have decided to make Tony fall in love with me, but I still don’t have a plan, any ideas?”
“You’ll need to throw him some kind of spell” Stephanie said, laughing at me.

“I know,” I said sadly. “But he is so cute,and all the girls are crazy for him!”
“ I have a fabulous idea, silence, he’s coming, act normally. Ok, why don’t we all spread out and go to our lockers. Angie, when he is passing beside you, you will stand up and pretend to fall with your books,” Karen suggested.
“ Ohh, he’s coming, let’s do what she says, “ I said quickly. “NOW!!!”

Each one went to their lockers as planed and when he passed behind me, I stood up and PPPAAAAAMMM, directly to the floor. I did hurt myself, but it was worth it. He almost fell on top of me, and everyone was laughing. I only thought that if this was what it took, I had to do it.

“Ohh, sorry, are you ok?” he asked me. “Yes, sort of” I answered
“ Do you need any help? Come on” he said while he helped me get up
“ Oh, thanks! “ I said trying to seem surprised.
“ Have we met?” he asked me
“ I don’t think so, my name is Angela,” I said
“ Nice to meet you, I’m Tony” he said “ See you in break ok, it is time for class now”
“ Sure, and thanks again” I said.

I couldn’t stop thinking about him in Math class. I was so distracted even Mrs. Peck noticed it. I was looking forward to snack; I wanted to speak with him again. “Oh, he is so perfect,” I just thought.

  When class was over, I went directly to the cafeteria with Karen since she is in class with me. I had a donut for snack, and when I was coming down the stairs, there he was, as beautiful and sexy like always. We smiled at each other and there he stood waiting for me. He took my hand and dragged me to an empty table.

“ So, what up?” asked me.
“ Not much, how are you doing?” I answered.
“Fine, so tell me, what are your hobbies?” He asked. “ Do you like football?
“ Yeah, sure, but not more than you do,” I said.
“And are you staying for today’s match?” He suggested.
“ I will be there”
“Ok, bye, I must go to Latin class now” he said.
“ Yeah, see you again some time?”
“ Sure!”

During rest of the day I just floated of happiness. Nothing was important for me anymore, just him. I stayed after school watching his game and then went home. I was waiting for his call, but I never received it, so I was sad. I went to sleep early that night because I wanted next day to come fast and I could speak with him again.

Next day when I was waiting for the bus guess who passed by in his car and stopped just in front of me.
“ Would you like a ride?” Tony asked me.

I turned my head and told my sister I was going with him and to please not tell mom.

“Sure, thanks” I told him.
“So, what’s up?” he asked
“ No, not much, how about you?”
“No, well, I’m fine”
“Me too” I said
“What are your plans for this weekend? “ He asked
“ Nothing for now”
“ Such a beautiful girl and without any dates? “ He asked

We had only been talking for a short time when we arrived to school. I only knew I wanted to change of house so it would be farther from school so I could spend more time with him. When we there school he told me that he would pick me up tomorrow too. I couldn’t believe it, and when I told my friends they didn’t either.

School that day was fine. I was in another world thinking about him. I was so happy I had finally met him.

At home I stayed near the phone all day, and after I had eaten dinner and was hopeless, finally I heared “RING, RING, RING...”

“Hello??” I said
“ Hi Angie, how are you” someone said.
“Who is this?” I asked
 “This is Tony Kramer”
“ Oh, sorry, what a surprise?” I said in a very low voice.
“I called to see if you would like to go out with me on Friday?”
“ Sure, that would be fantastic!” I said with excitement.
“ So I’ll pick you up at 7:30 for school tomorrow and on Friday at 9:00”
“ I’ll be ready,”
“ Ok, bye,”
“Bye, see you tomorrow,”

I hanged up and called all my friends to tell them. Then I went to negotiate with my sister. We agreed that I would lend her my clothes for the weekend, and do her house chores. I had to do this, because if not she would tell my mom I was going with Tony to school and I couldn’t go on Friday.

On the next day, I spent more time with him at school. He introduced me to his friends. We had lunch together and he offered to take my sister and I home. We planned that on Friday we would go to the new disco near my house, and I was way excited.

Friday was here and I was so nervous. I didn’t want to do anything I would regret. At 7:00 p.m. I wore the nicest clothes I had, that was a gray skirt up to the knee and a white blouse. I looked fantastic and when he arrived he did too. I introduced him to my parents.

At the disco we were having a great time, but nothing was happening between us. I was eager to know if it would. We went to dance my favorite song “Let it Be” and in the middle of the song he KISSED ME!! I knew I would never forget this perfect moment. We had finally become a couple and I was the happiest person on earth. He took me back home like at 1:30 and my parents were pleased because we were just on time.

Next morning I told my sister everything and I don’t know why she wasn’t happy. I could feel she had a crush on him, but it didn’t matter. We were a couple already and she was far too ugly.

He visited me several times during the week and on the next
Saturday, he came by my house after lunch. We watch a movie and ate popcorn. I got a little mad after the movie because Mary wouldn’t stop looking at him and he was having a great time with her. They were getting along too well. In the middle of the movie, we were out of coke, so I went to the kitchen for some more. When I came back, you are not going to believe what I saw, my sister and Tony were kissing.

“ Hey, you stupid BITCH, boyfriend stealer!!!!!!!” I shouted.

I went towards them and separated them. I punched Anthony Kramer in the face and pushed my sister away. I dragged him out of the house.

“I don’t want to see you again!!!!!!!!!” I shouted and then slammed the door.

Then I went up stairs, to my sister’s room and found her crying. I sat beside her and told her:
“ How could you steal my boyfriend little by little?” I said calmly.
“ I’m so sorry sis, please forgive me,” she said crying” I feel so bad, but he has been flirting with me since the first time he came, and you know how cute he is.”

“ I know, but I’m your sister, I have helped you and look what you did to me” I said angrily. “ I don’t know what to think? You don’t deserve my friendship”
“To tell you the truth,” she said” it wasn’t my fault. He wanted to be with me and you knew I had a crush on him”
“ Well yeah, I know you’re inexperienced, but still, you must respect my feelings!”
“ Please forgive” she begged.” I won’t be with him any longer, if that is what you want, but I don’t want to end the friendship we have finally started.”
“ NO! Don’t worry, I can live without him. We must look this tragedy from the positive side, it all happened just for you and I to become friends and not just sisters”
“ That means we are still friends?” she asked me and I nodded.
” Oh, thank you sis, you are the best.

We hugged each other and that night, at bed I realized that relations don’t work out when you look for them, you must wait for the perfect guy to arrive in your life. And in that moment, “RING, RING, RING...”

“HELLO???” I said.

 

 

Copyright © 2000 Alejandra Herrera
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"