The First Night
Alvin Gladstone

 


SLEEP
– Alvin Gladstone


3rd July, 08:30PM

The garland seemed too heavy for Anjali to carry on her shoulders. She was seated on a large red color dome shaped chair, just beside Vijay. Above their chair, there was a huge heart shaped decorated board that had these texts in flowers - "Vijay Weds Anjali".

Anjali had been dreaming about this day since long - what kind of man would come into her life, how would be the new home, what clothes would she wear for her marriage, the jewels, how would it be to sit at the stage with so many people looking at you and how is it going to be to sleep with a man for the first time and the man whom she didn’t even know.

She spent many days thinking about these, she enjoyed ever moment of the journey of her dream. She would silently listen to her parents when they spoke of her marriage, it was just two weeks ago since they started looking for a groom for Anjali, everything seemed to work so well and so fast, Vijay was the first proposal that came for her, he was from a good family, same religion, was earning good money and was good looking, there seemed to be no problem whatsoever. Things happened so fast that the day of marriage was already there. It was like entering into a new world, it seemed like an exciting adventure.

Anjali was still sitting on her chair, tired - the marriage was over, most of the people had handed over their gifts, there were few who would walk in and hand over a gift wrapped box or an envelope in their hands. Every time someone came, the couple had to standup to receive the gift and then sit down. The strong dose of perfume, heavy garland, loud music, standing all day long made her weary, moreover she hadn’t slept last night, Anjali was finding it much difficult to stay awake, she just wanted to sleep.

Sleep, that’s it!!

"Are you tired", asked Vijay leaning over to her ears. "Kind of", replied Anjali with a halfhearted smile.

"I understand, but things are almost over now. We will go home soon” said Vijay with a smile “and then sleep",

Anjali was startled for a minute.


















3rd July, 10:13PM


All the processions were over. Dinner, farewell, greeting of the new family, everything had been done. Vijay's sister held Anjali's hand and walked her to Vijay's room. The room was filled with soothing fragrance, temperature was cold and there were flowers all around the room. It had been long time since Anjali was standing, she walked up to the bed and sat over the pile of flowers. There were flowers hanging around the bed like wall, everything seemed to be very comfortable, Anjali just wanted lie down but she knew that it would not be possible before Vijay's sister. Nisha left the room telling Anjali that her mother would be coming soon.

Vijay's mother accompanied by few other women entered into the room, each of them were carrying a tray which had some fruits, Vijay’s mother was carrying a flask and two glasses. Every item was placed on a large table near by the bed.

"I know dear, you must be tired", Said Vijay's mother with a big smile, "Take a shower and change your clothes, there are night gowns for you in the closet".

Anjali thanked Vijay's mother for making her feel comfortable, the mother in law wished Anjali goodnight saying Vijay would be coming soon. Anjali opened the closet to find there were three night gowns with different colors, Pink, yellow and light blue. She picked up the light blue and walked into the bathroom to take a shower. Anjali was tired and tensed.

Anjali walked out of the shower feeling refreshed, she went straight to the mirror and looked at herself. Anjali had long hairs that were still wet, she combed her hairs straight down, and she pinched out a thin bunch of hair just above her forehead and set it to lie across her face. Her face looked dry, she picked up a glass of water and touched it with her fingers and gently splashed the water across her face and neck. Anjali lifted her face to look in the mirror again and smiled.

The day had ended and the night just began, Anjali looked strikingly beautiful.

Anjali was sitting on the bed waiting for Vijay, She thought, the day she had been dreaming since many years was almost going to get over. It had appeared that this would be the biggest day in her life, she was trying to understand if it really was. Everything seemed new to her, the room, people, her dress, she was not sure if she liked it. Now she was wondering what would Vijay do tonight, her thoughts took many curves and bumps before she decided to wait for Vijay and then see what he does. She looked at the trays with fruits, there were many including oranges, bananas, apples and many more. She opened the flask to look at the hot milk.

 “Wish I could have an ice cream” she said to her herself and smiled.

“Lipstick, oh”, she said and went quickly to the mirror. Her hair was still a little wet, her blue gown gave her a refreshing look and her lips looked completely plain, it looked natural. Anjali was wondering if she should wear lipstick. Knock. Knock. The door knocked.

Anjali swiped her lips with her tongue to make it look wet and went towards the door.










3rd July, 11:16PM


“Hi” said Vijay “Feeling better?” and entered into the room

“Yes” smiled Anjali, she noticed that Vijay was already wearing his nightwear. Vijay locked the door and tried pulling it to make sure the door was well locked.

“Hope you didn’t have to wait long, I took bath downstairs”, said Vijay and walked towards the bed. “No, even I was just through with it” said Anjali.

Both sat on the bed.

There was a moment of silence, and then both looked at each other and smiled.

 “Well… what do we do now?” Vijay broke the silence

“I don’t know”, smiled Anjali

“Hmmm…. Are you tensed?” asked Vijay

“No, Why should I be?”

“It isn’t everyday that your parents would allow you to sleep with a guy not so well known to you”

“And does that mean your parents would allow you to sleep with a gal well known to you?” asked Anjali, with a naughty smile.

Vijay stared at Anjali for a moment.

“Well….you never know”, said Vijay and smiled back.

Vijay stood up and walked up to the table and drank a glass of water.

“Jokes apart, don’t you think we need to know more about each other before we start with this entire thing?” said Vijay

“What entire thing?”, asked Anjali

“Our married life, of course”

“Oh yes…we need to know about each other, tell me, what do u want to know about me?”

"Now that you are my wife, I’m wondering how should I call you, do you have a pet name at home?” asked Vijay

“My friends call me Anju”

Vijay walked and sat near Anjali, this time closer. His elbow was touching Anjali’s nightgown.

“Anju, hmmm.. no, It sounds too common, Anjali itself sounds better to me”

Anjali smiled.

“How do your friends call you?” asked Anjali

“They just call me Vijay, I was waiting for you to call me by a name”

“I’ll at least need two weeks before I have a name for you”

“Take your time Anju… ugh, sorry, Anjali !” said Vijay

“Hey do you know….” Vijay’s cell phone rang.

Vijay stood up, picked the phone from his pocket and said, “Thanks for calling Rahul, but you know that am married now”.

“what?, shut up”.

 “It’s okay, don’t call me now, bye”. Said Vijay and walked up to the table and placed his phone on it.

Vijay looked at Anjali and said “That was Rahul, my friend right from the college days, he was asking what was I doing”.

Anjali giggled.

“But Vijay, what would people normally do on the first night?” asked Anjali curiously.

“So…you want to know what do people do on their first night, hmmmm, okay, let me tell you” said Vijay and walked towards Anjali.

Vijay walked back to the bed and sat very close to Anjali, he was almost leaning on her. He held Anjali’ s right hand and looked intensely into her eyes. Anjali’s heartbeat paced faster and she carried a very serious expression on her face.

Vijay stared into Anjali’s eyes and said, “I don’t know” and left her arm.

Anjali laughed and punched sportingly on Vijay’s shoulder and said “I knew you wouldn’t do it”

“Do what?”

“You never know” said Anjali and winked at Vijay and smiled.

Vijay said “Hey you know what Rahul did once…”

And they talked about their college days, friends, food, movies, books and many more things. Vijay told his experience on how he and his friends went on a night trek and were lost, they had to wait for the sun to come up next day till they could find the correct path. Anjali listened with great interest.

“Can I come along with you guys sometime?” asked Anjali eagerly

“Can you trek? It isn’t easy”

“You do not know how wild I can get”, said Anjali with a wicked smile.

“I hope you won’t eat me tonight”, said Vijay and laughed.








4th July, 01:38 AM


Anjali was telling about her best friends Isha and Aditi on how they had fun together . Once during School days, Aditi got a pack of cigarettes and the girls being little adventures tried to smoke.

“So you actually smoked”, asked Vijay surprisingly

“Yes, I just took a drag”

“So, my wife smokes?”

“Vijay, that was during my school days”

“Am glad you have passed out of your school” said vijay with a smile and walked towards the table.

“Do you smoke?” asked Anjali

“No”

“Have you ever smoked?”

“No:”

“Okay, I wont ask if you drink” said Anjali mockingly

“Do you want to drink?” asked Vijay

“WHAT?” exclaimed Anjali with surprise!

“I asked if you wanted to drink milk?”

“Oh” smiled Anjali

“Does that ‘Oh’ mean yes or no?”

“Can I have some beer”, asked Anjali with a smile

“Well….” The phone rang.

“Yes Rahul”, said Vijay “I’ll remember this when you get married!”

“What, are you crazy? It’s ok. Now go home. Good night” Vijay hung up the phone.

“What happened?”, asked Anjali

“Nothing, he is having a good time disturbing us” said Vijay “He’ll get married too one day”

“Now Anjali, do u want to have some milk?” asked Vijay

“But I asked for beer”

“We’ll have that when we go to your home, am sure you must be having good stocks in your fridge”

Anjali laughed. Ajay shook his head and smiled

“Actually Vijay” Anjali was still laughing, “I wanted to have an ice cream”.

“Are you serious?”, asked Vijay in a flat tone

“Would you get me if I was serious”, asked Anjali

Vijay thought for a moment and said “Even I wanted to have an ice cream”.

“Lets go”, said Vijay

“Where?” asked Anjali surprisingly

“To have an ice cream”

“Do we have it at home?”

“No, but we can go out.”

“Even Rahul called me just now to ask if I can come out along with you and I just shrugged him off” said Vijay

“Are you really serious?” said Anjali with a doubtful tone

“Yes, I quite often sneak out at night.”

“What are you going to tell your dad and mom?”

“We won’t tell anyone, now get up and get ready fast”, said Vijay

“Wow!!” said Anjali and jumped out of the bed.

She opened her suitcase, pulled out a t shirt and jeans and went inside the bathroom. She quickly changed her dress and came out of the bathroom to find the room empty. “Where did he go?” Anjali said to herself. After few minutes, Vijay walked inside the room with a white T shirt and a brown shorts.

“Where did you go?” asked Anjali

“I went out to change my dress”

Anjali smiled

“What if someone wakes up?” asked Anjali

“You wanted to trek with us, right?” said Vijay, “think this is your first lesson.”

Vijay grabbed Anjali’s hand and walked her slowly out of the room, Anjali silently followed. They went out of Vijay’s room and entered to into a small adjacent room. It was small, though it was dark; shadows of lots of materials were visible.

“Which room is this?” whispered Anjali

‘Store room” said Vijay
Anjali found it difficult initially to walk in the dark after few steps she became little more confident and her pace slightly increased. The room seemed narrow but long. “How long is this room?” asked Anjali, Vijay did not reply. Suddenly Anjali’s leg hit a table and something fell down and bounced few times.

“Sshhhh” said Vijay

“What was that?” asked Anjali

“That’s my football”, said Vijay

“You need to walk a little slower and that’s not a good place to keep your football” said Anjali

“Thanks for letting me know that, now keep quite and just follow me”, said Vijay

“You keep quite”, quickly replied Anjali. Vijay held Anjali’s hand tighter and walked slower.

Soon they were at the end of the room. Vijay released Anjali’s hand and slowly began unbolting the door. The bolt screeched every time Vijay moved it up and down. Anjali bit her teeth and closed her ears with both her hands wishing she could stop the screeching noise. The door unlocked, Vijay opened the door and asked Anjali to go out first. Anjali was happy to go out, Vijay followed her and bolted the door from outside.

They both were out of the house.

“Arent you going to use a lock?”

“No, I do this all the time, no one comes in thru this door.” Said Vijay. “Ok”, said Anjali

Anjali was heading towards the lift “No, not the lift, lets use the stairs” said Vijay.

Both climbed down two floors and were soon out in the open.

Anjali had a big smile, “I don’t believe this”, she said stretching out both her arms “I was just married few hours back and am here out in night”

There were cold breeze outside and the moonlight was bright.

“Don’t worry, you are out with your husband” said Vijay and put his hands inside his pocket to get the keys.

“Oh, No” said Vijay in a disappointing tone, “I got the bike keys instead of the car keys.”

“Ugh, do we have to go in again?” asked Anjali “Wait a second” she said

She quickly opened her small bag that she was carrying and removed a bunch of keys, “I have my car keys with me” she said, “We can go to my home on your bike and pick my car from there”.

“Cool !!” exclaimed Vijay with relief. Anajli’s house was just few blocks ahead of Vijay’s house.

Both sat on the bike, Anjali sat behind and held Vijay’s shoulders as Vijay kick started the bike and drove off the motor into darkness.

















4th July, 02:54 AM




The winds were high, it was getting difficult for Anjali to sit straight and to hold Vijay’s shoulders. She slid her hand down to Vijay’s waist and held it tight. Then Anjali rested her face on Vijay’s back and closed her eyes.

“You okay?” asked Vijay

“Am enjoying” shouted Anjali

Vijay increased the pace.

The moonlight seemed to be brighter than the streetlights as Vijay parked his bike near Anjali’s car.

“Should we say hi to your parents?” asked Vijay jokingly.

“Ssshhh” said Anjali placing a finger on her lips.

Anjali quickly pulled the keys out of her bags and carefully opened the car door and sat in the driver seat without making any noise. Vijay was quite surprised by Anjali’s movements as she gently opened the door for Vijay to enter in.

“Are you sure you have never gone out like this before, you seem to be better than me” said Vijay

Anjali did not reply and was fully engrossed on getting the car out, she put the key in the ignition and started the car. She slowly drove the car, after two turns, they hit the main road again.

“That was neat”, said Vijay

“Now can I trek with you guys?” smiled Anjali

“Shall we go now?” asked Vijay

“Now?, Where??”

“The Thimpa cave is about one hour drive, we can pick up the guys and park the car in a near by hotel there. Then we start walking from the caves to Biksar valley, it should be about 8 kms trek.” Said Vijay

“You mean we will trek in the night?” asked Anjali

“Why, are you already scared?”

“No, I was wondering what would happen if people would wake up and not find us in home, hmmmm, but it’s okay, we’ll manage, lets go!!” said Anjali

Vijay’s eyes widened with surprise “I was just kidding Anjali, now don’t get too adventurous, pls drive carefully” said Rahul in a flat tone and then smiled.

“So what did you think? I was serious?” said Anjali and laughed.

Vijay smiled and pulled his phone from pocket and dialed out. “Hey Rahul, now don’t go anywhere, we are coming!!”

4th July, 03:36 AM



“This place seems to be crowded”, said Anjali as she managed to get parking space with not so ease.

“Is it? This seems to be empty today” said Vijay as he got out of the car.

Anjali tried to set her hair with her fingers, applied little lipstick and got out of the car

“Am I looking okay?” asked Anjali

“I’ll answer that in detail when we will be alone in the bedroom, but for now, you look great” said Vijay.

Anjali smiled.

Vijay and Anjali were walking close as they entered the restaurant, Vijay was searching all over the place trying to locate his friends.

“Hey Vijay” two guys were waving their hands at the corner.

“Hi Guys” said Vijay as he held Anjali’s hand and walked towards his friends.

Anjali noticed that there were two boys and one girl in the group sitting in corner. Which one was Rahul, wondered Anjali.

As they approached the table all three of them stood with a big smile , “Well Anjali”, said Vijay “These guys are supposed to be my best buddies but don’t have time to attend my wedding”.

Anjali was wearing a smile on her face.

“You know, Vijay, it was the work”, said one of the boys in the group trying to convince Vijay.

“Before we go on, let me do the introduction” Said Vijay, This is Rahul, this is Rohit and this is Rupa”. Vijay pointed to each one of them standing there. “And guys” continued Vijay holding Anjali by her waist “this is my wife Anjali”.

Anjali shook hands with all, Rupa came forward and hugged Anjali.

“You have a beautiful wife Vijay”, said Rupa

“And you have a handsome husband Anjali”, quickly replied Rahul

“You see that’s my friend, he never lets me down” said Vijay turning towards Anjali.

Meanwhile Rohit placed two more chairs around the table they were sitting. “Hey, can we sit down please” said Rohit.

Everybody sat around the table, Anjali sat near Vijay, she had her left leg over her right leg and leaned on the table with both her hands clasped. She was enjoying every moment.

“So, Vijay” said Rahul, “How was your first night?”

There was a smile on everybody’s face.

“It hasn’t got over yet” replied Vijay
“Okay how has it been so far?” asked Rohit

“It has been good, except for few annoying phone calls” said Vijay turning to Rahul.

“Had it not been for those annoying calls, you probably would have stayed at home doing nothing” said Rahul

“Now what makes you think, I would have been doing nothing?” asked Vijay

“Well , then what were you doing?” asked Rahul and giggled

“Nothing” said Vijay and waved his hand as if he was giving up.

“You see, that’s what I said earlier too” said Rahul

“Shut Up Rahul” said Vijay “I’ll explain everything on the night you get married, I swear” said Vijay

”Now be cool Vijay” said Anjali “Aren’t we having good time?”

“Here you go Anjali” said Rahul “Welcome to our group”

Anjali smiled.

“Oh boy Rahul, you are good in impressing people, stay away from my wife” said Vijay jokingly.

The chair in front of Vijay was empty. “Where is Rohit” asked Vijay

“Here I’ am” said a voice from behind

Rohit was standing behind Vijay, holding a big tray with a huge heart shaped cake on it.

“We wanted Ice Cream” said Vijay

“It’s Okay Vijay, even this is not bad’ said Rupa and handed over a knife to Anjali, “Can you cut this please?”

“Sure” said Anjali and took the knife from Rupa.

As she cut the cream, Anjali realized that this was not a cake but actually an ice cream.

“Thank you” said Anjali

Anjali took a spoon and sliced a small portion of ice cream from the piece she cut and took it over to Vijay’s face. There was a chorus sound of “Ahhh” from all the people sitting around when Vijay opened his mouth to receive the ice cream. Anjali gently dropped the ice cream into Vijay’s mouth, however a small drop of melted cream managed to fall on Vijay’s cheek.

“Sorry” said Anjali and smiled apologetically.

“Don’t worry Anjali, it’s going to be my turn now” said Rahul

There was again the same chorus sound of “Ahhh” from all when Anjali opened her mouth to receive the ice cream. She gracefully managed to pick up the ice cream not allowing one drop to flow out of her mouth.

There was laughter in the crowd.

“I know guys, she is better than me” said Vijay with a humble pride.

“If you guys are done, Can I Jump in now?” said Rahul and barged towards the ice cream

Everybody laughed.

Anjali enjoyed every moment of it, Vijay’s friends had the knack of making her feel comfortable with the new group. Amongst the chatters of words around the table, Anjali was lost for a moment on a world of her own. This seemed more like the first day of college, you were entering into a world unknown to you, each discovery you made had its own charm and beauty. People all around seemed to appear beautiful, she enjoyed the music that was played in the restaurant; everything seemed to be perfect. This adventure was beautiful, she thought.

“Lets hear what Anjali has to say” said Rahul

“Anjali” said Rahul again

“ANJALI !!!” Stressed Vijay

Anjali then came back to her existing surrounding.

“Yes?” Anjali said in a surprising tone

“Are you getting bored with us?” asked Rahul

“Oh, Not at all, am sorry Rahul” said Anjali

“It’s okay, I understand that, you are just married” said Rahul

“What do you think of this music?” asked Rahul

“Is this from ‘Pani’?

“Yes”

“I like this track, to be frank; I was just lost in this music few minutes back”

“That’s great” exclaimed Rupa, “Vijay also likes this music”.

Anjali looked at Vijay and smiled.

“This makes a very good reason for you both to dance” pitched in Rohit

“Yes, yes dance” said Rahul excitedly

“Where, here?” asked Anjali

“Yes” said Rahul and Rupa together

“No ways” replied Anjali “Am not going to dance before all these people in the restaurant”

Vijay was smiling.

“C’mon, be a sport Anjali” said Rahul in a pleading tone.

“We’ll look like fools Rahul, you tell them something Vijay” Said Anjali turning to Vijay.

Vijay stood up, pulled Anjali by her arm and made her stand up.

“Lets dance Anjali” said Vijay and smiled.
Anjali opened her mouth in astonishment and pushed back Vijay gently expressing her desire to not dance. Vijay grabbed Anjali’s waist by both his hands and brought her very close to him. Anjali rested her head on Vijay’s shoulder and laughed, both of them moved their legs for few seconds, Anjali quickly pushed Vijay and sat back on the chair.

There was laughter all around the table.

“That was enough” said Anjali laughing.

“You guys are a cool couple” said Rupa

“Is it ?” said Vijay and came close to Anjali’s ears and whispered “When do we get hot?”

Anjali smiled not knowing how to react.

“Marriage secrets, ugh?” said Rohit sarcastically.

“All right, this was a perfect treat, I think we need to move. “ said Vijay still standing, “People at home will be in for a shock if they find our room empty”

“Yes, I think you guys need to leave” said Rupa.

“Lets also leave guys” said Rahul looking at others sitting.

Everybody got up, Rupa packed her things up in the hand bag that she was carrying. Meanwhile Rahul paid the bills. Vijay and Anjali were escorted by their friends till their car.

“It’s cold tonight” said Anjali embracing herself.

“Here, you take my shawl” said Rupa opening her bag.

“It’s okay Rupa, It’ll be fine inside the car” said Anjali.

“It’s okay, now take this, Am already wearing a sweater” said Rupa and handed a black shawl to Anjali

Anjali took the shawl from Rupa and wrapped herself around it and thanked her.

Anjali picked up the car keys from her bag and handed it to Vijay and said “ Can you drive, please”

“With pleasure” said Vijay and unlocked the door and held it open for Anjali to enter.

“Thank You” said Anjali and entered inside the car.

Vijay entered into the car and sat on the driver seat and both of them waived good bye to all.

The car had hit the main road, Vijay then adjusted the seat and pulled it back giving more space for holding the steering.

“You drive fast” said Anjali and opened her windows

“I thought you were feeling cold”

“Yes Iam but the wind outside is great”

Anjali slid her head slightly out of the left window and held her arm out.

“Keep your arms in Anjali” said Vijay

“It’s okay Vijay”

All of a sudden Anjali pulled her arm back in, held her left eye and bent down. Vijay pulled the car across the sideway under a street light.

“What happened?” asked Vijay in an anxious tone.

“Something fell in my eye” said Anjali still holding the eye.

“Don’t scratch and let me look at your eye” said Vijay pulling off her hand.

Anjali tried her best to keep the flowing eyes open. Vijay almost leaned on Anjali, held her left eye wide open with both his hands using his thumb and blew hard into her eyes.

Anjali jerked and pulled back.

“Is it okay now” asked Vijay curiously

Anjali did not reply, she was still bent down holding her eyes.

Vijay pat on Anjali’s back “Are you okay”

Anjali slowly got up and said “I think, its fine now”, her eyes were still wet.

Anjali closed her windows, wrapped tight the shawl around her and closed her eyes.

Vijay gently placed Anjali’s head on his Shoulder “Sleep now, we’ll be in home soon” said Vijay

Vijay drove fast and looked at Anjali as they were nearing her house; they had to park the car at Anjali’s house and then move forward on Vijay’s bike.

 Anjali still had her eyes closed.

“Anjali” said Vijay

“Hmmmmm” said Anjali in a drowsy tone.

“Are you sleeping?”

“No”

“You okay?”

“Am enjoying Vijay” replied Anjali and smiled.














4th July, 05:01 AM

Vijay was walking ahead holding Anjali’s arm in the dark store room, suddenly something hit Vijay’s leg and bounded few times.

“Is that the football?” asked Anjali

“Yes, but I can’t play now, need to sleep”

“I thought the game was just going to begin” giggled Anjali

“Keep quite” said Vijay

“You keep quite” quickly replied Anjali.

Soon both of them were back in their room, Anjali crashed straight onto her bed.

“That was terrific Vijay” said Anjali with a sigh of relief.

“Get up Anjali, don’t you want to play?”

Anjali turned back and asked “are you serious?”

Vijay Smiled.

“Am going to the next room to change my dress, am sure you to want to do that too”.

Anjali quickly went inside the bathroom and changed her dress back to blue night gown.

Vijay was already lying on the bed when Anjali came out. Vijay had his right arm spread over Anjali’s pillow. Anjali lied down near Vijay and rested her head over Vijay’s arm on the pillow. Vijay turned towards Anjali and placed his left arm over Anjali’s waist.

“Anjali” said Vijay

“Hmmm” said Anjali in a nervous tone.

Vijay lifted his head up, looked intensely into Anjali’s eyes and asked “Are you nervous?”

“I don’t know”

Vijay came very close to Anjali’s face and brought his lips just over Anjali’s lips and stood still for a moment. Anjali closed her eyes and her heartbeat paced faster.

Vijay gently kissed Anjali’s cheek and said “I love you”
 
Anjali opened her eyes and smiled “I love you Vijay”

Vijay rested his head back on the pillow and closed his eyes, he still had his hand over Anjali’s waist.

Anjali relished every moment and held Vijay’s hand close to her heart. Indeed this day was much bigger than she thought, more than the clothes, jewels and people, discovery of love appeared to be the biggest thing of all. She wished this moment would continue forever and never stop.

Anjali did not sleep a second that night and never regretted.

-- Alvin Gladstone

      
      

 

 

Copyright © 2005 Alvin Gladstone
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"