My Fairy
Luanne Gasilla

 

On a Sunday morning, I was reading my favorite book about fairies in our garden. I love reading books especially the fantasy one. When I was a little girl I was thinking of myself as a fairy and flying around the most wonderful garden in the world. And I also wish that I could meet a fairy in person. A fairy that grants a person 3 wishes. Is that possible? A fairy that can grant 3 wishes?
I laughed out loud and stopped to see if someone is there watching her. I chuckled. A fairy that can grants 3 wishes. I said smiling to myself.
Suddenly, it started to rain. "Oh!" I said. I started to run toward our house then-
"Ouch!"
Something just hit my head. What is that thing that hit me? I looked down and saw a small - what is that? A thin butterfly? When I was about to touch it, it looked at me, but not the same eyes as a bug but a human eyes! A winged person? A fairy!
I rubbed my eyes and looked at it again, but now the tiny creature isn't looking at me. It seems like it was hurt and need me to heal him or her. When I was about to picked it up, I feel my hands trembling.
I immediately arrange a soft bed using small cloth and a pillow. "Hope its okay." I said worriedly. I put my head down for a while and thinking of sleeping. I was about to fell asleep when it turned its head towards me.
"Hey they little creature," I said. "Are you alright now?"
"I think so," the fairy said. When I heard its voice I realize it�s a boy or a man. I don't know. "Thanks for saving me back there. And sorry for falling in your head."
I smiled. I can't believe I'm talking to real fairy right now. It's so tiny and so cute! "That's alright" I finally said. "Do you want something? A tea? A cookie?"
"What's that?" he said sitting up and checking his beautiful blue wings. Wish I could have something like that. He saw me looking at his wings and smiled. "Why does a human doesn't have wings?"
"Uhm? I don't know. That's what God created." I answered him. "Oh! You need to rest you know."
He smiled at me and I blushed. Even though he's small I can see his face clearly and he is truly handsome with a black hair and fair skin. "Thanks for worrying. And now, where's the tea and cookie you promise me?"
I laughed and stand up and went to the kitchen to get some tea and cookies. Wait a minute! How can he eat this big cookie and drink the tea? I remembered the mini tea set I have when I was a little girl. Where did my mother hide it? I went to the basement and started looking for my tea set. At the very bottom of the boxes I was looking at my tea set. I smiled and started pulling the box. I cleaned it and started placing the cookie in the small plate and putting tea in the small tea cup.
"Hmm, this is truly delicious," he said. "By the way, what's your name?"
"I�m Kady," I said. "And you?"
"I'm Cole," he said not looking at me.
"Can I ask you something?"
"Sure,"
"Are you a fairy that grants 3 wishes?" I finally ask.
He looked at me and smiled. "There's no fairy that grants 3 wishes. I think what you are thinking is a genie."
My cheeks turned red and I didn't talk until he is finished eating. "Thanks for the wonderful foods. Right now, I need to rest. Tomorrow evening I will leave this place and be back to my home."
"You�re leaving?" I asked sadly.
"Of course! A fairy like me can't live with a human like you."
"What do you mean a human like me?" I said my anger rising. A human like me! Those a fairy thinks a human is a monster?
"Sorry to offend you but that's not what I mean. I can't live with a human and fairies can't live the way human does their living."
"Oh, is that so. I understand. So, if you were given a chance to change your life, what would it be? For me, I want to be a fairy just like you." I said. Would a fairy want to be human? Maybe?
"I want to be human just like you," he said looking at me. We stared at each other for a while then I looked away. My heart is pounding. Why is that? Can a human fell in love with a fairy? But for me, it's like he is not a fairy. When I'm with him, it feels like I was with another human being.
That night we talked and laughed. The following morning, he is better and can fly already. "You know Kady, if I was a human and I met you. I might fall in love with you."
I blushed. "Why?"
"Because, I never met someone as you. No fairy is the same as you. You are easy to talk with and I'm - " he stopped.
I didn't say anything because I know he will not continue what he is saying. "You know Cole. When I'm with you, I feel safe and it feels like I'm with another human not a fairy."
"Really?" he said and he sited at my shoulder.
I nodded. "I wish you were human." I whispered. I don't know if he hears it but he just fly again around the room. I'm really glad my parents are out of town.
Evening came and I became sad. "Thanks for everything Kady. I really appreciate your concern and the way you take care of me. I will never forget you."
I smiled and just said, "Your welcome."
"If I'm human right now, I would say I love you but a fairy can't be with a human." he said flying higher.
I looked up and said, "Can't I have just 1 wish?"
"Yes you can. But only one," he said flying lower so he can face to face with me.
"Promise me, you will grant it," I said.
"I promise," he said crossing his heart. "Tell me what it is."
"I wish - I want you to be human," I said looking down. "No, I want you to be born the same year as I was and have family and friends. I want you to be human for all your life."
His eyes widened and he suddenly smiled. "That's the most wonderful wish I ever heard." He then whispered to my ear, "I love you Kady." He clapped his hands and it feels like I'm falling into a deep sleep.
I woke up and I was in our garden my favorite book on my lap. Is that a dream? If it was, it was the most beautiful dream I ever had. I smiled and think of Cole. His face is so handsome that when he became human, girls will be drooping around him. I laughed.
Five days later, it's my birthday and my mom arranged my party for me. I already forgot about my dream and about Cole.
"Kady," my mom called. "I want you to meet somebody." I went to my mom and smiled at her and her guest.
"This is Mr. and Mrs. Anderson," she said.
"Happy birthday Kady," Mrs. Anderson said. "Wait! Where's our son? There he is. Cole,"
I was stunned to hear his name. The same name as my fairy. I looked and saw their son. His face, his hair and his eyes are the same as Cole's. I was staring at him and never thought that his parents are looking at me then smiled.
"Maybe, we should left this two alone," Mrs. Anderson said then his husband and my mom left us alone.
"Want to go outside?" he said. Even his voice is the same as Cole's.
"Sure," I finally said. I was now not looking at him and don't want to look at him.
"It's a lovely evening, isn't it?" he said smiling at me. "Happy birthday by the way."
"Uh - thank you," I said. I sited at the grass and he sited beside me.
"Don't worry, I won't fall on your head this time," he said smiling.
I turned my head quickly and looked at him. "Cole?"
"Yes?"
"I - I-" I started but words doesn't want to come out.
He holds my hand and said, "I love you Kady. And now I'm human, my dream of having you in my life will come true."
Tears suddenly flow in my eyes. "I can't believe it. I thought it�s all a dream and I can't see you anymore."
"With my magic, I grant your wish. And my whole life, I'm waiting for this day to come," he said. "Do you love me?"
I smiled and said, "What if I said no?"
"Then I will became a fairy again and - �but then he looked at me and he laughed. "I'm only joking. And I can't -"
"I love you," I said. He holds my chin up and kissed me softly.
"If I have my magic right now, I will make the days came quickly and I�ll stopped at our wedding day," he said smiling.
I smiled and hugged him. "You are the most wonderful guy I ever met."
"And you Kady, is the most beautiful girl I ever met." he said.
From that day on, we became couples and promise that we will love each other until the end.

 

 

Copyright © 2008 Luanne Gasilla
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"