The Living Truth
Deborah Coleman

 



I walked across the threshold of the Hotel Villas Gaia’s, lounge restaurant in Tortuga, Costa Rica and into the mystical mist of ecstasy.

From the depth of the eternal I heard my name, transcending me to the realm of infinity. Responding from the inner chambers of my soul, I turned to see what form the Ancient was in. Tall and muscular he stood before me in the glow of candle lanterns. Instructing the waiter as to my accommodations, and introduced himself as the person I had been communicating with by e-mail, bringing a warm smile of recognition to my face. What would you like to drink? Enchanted, I ordered and he sat me at his table of friends, seasonal transplants from Canada and Europe. The atmosphere was lively and serene. Leaving the states the day before I had exchanged planes twice, experienced one stop over and one delay, exchanged money, chartered a plane from the North, to the south of Costa Rica, ordered a taxi from a grass hut café where no one spoke English, arriving early evening at the hotel. Inhaling, I took in the scene, open on three sides, the walls, table height were lined with native ornamental plants. Heliconiceare extending upwards in vivid oranges, red and yellows. The ebony table and chairs were pillowed in lapis lazuli, with matching table dress. The hum of voices, hung in the air as tourist sat in traditional Lenin dress and kakis, smiling over drinks.

Tranquility emerging from the core of my being, unlocked anxiety producing patterns of thoughts as I listened to Keri recall his first trip to Costa Rica seven years ago and his return to Holland to convince friends to invest in a thirty year olds dream to build a hotel on the Pacific rim. “Another drink?” No, I need to shower some of this dust off of me. “Ryan, he gestured with his hand, please escort the lady to her villa. He hoisted my pack on his back leading me out to the pathway. An American, he was saucy in his stride and exuded erotic charm. The ascending concrete path with foot lights curved and wound through a jungle of tropical plants, fragrant flowering bushes, fruit trees and tall grasses. “You’re at the top, the very last villa, it has the best view. Keri said you would like this one.” “Well he was right.” I said taking in its beauty. The ebony furniture theme continued on the polished cement porch. “Don’t leave that bag of mango’s on the table.” “Oh.” “The monkey’s will get them and throw them at your window.” “The monkeys?” “Yes, you’ll hear them in the morning or they’ll wake you up.


He slid open the French doors covered with sheer Lenin, draped over

wrought iron rods. Ecstasy, I was drinking of the divine nectar. He switched

on soft golden lights and the ceiling fan overhead. “I’m putting your pack in the dressing room.” “Here’s the bath.” More Lenin and wrought iron enclosing a large white tiled shower. “Thank-you” “Dinner is served until nine.” And he disappeared. I fell back on the Queen size bed, watching the shadow of the blades from the ceiling fan and listening to the stillness of the jungle. "Paradise", I dozed off.


After a deep and restful sleep, I descended the ridge in the late morning entering the restaurant, which was sparsely populated. “Please will you take a picture of us?” The two couples were all smiles. It was digital and I could alter the picture before I pressed the button. “Make sure our heads are in there.” They laughed, with the gaiety of tourist.

Ryan approached, “You didn’t come down for dinner, we missed you” This knowing voice from the eternal yet present in front of me, I was beyond a guest. “I fell asleep.” “No bother now, come sit.” He handed me a menu and I breakfasted on star fruit, pineapple and mango juice while sipping Darjeeling tea with cream and honey. Bliss flowed through my veins. “Nirvana.”

The character of servitude is seriously attractive. Unseen waitpersons are observing from behind the veil to accommodate my every need. I finish my cup of tea and Hector the local Tico is standing over me with a caftan of hot water, flashing a brilliant smile, exposing his inner character to be as magnificent as his outer beauty. Jewel the manager, of Dutch and African descent only intervenes to restore balance, subtly maintaining the exotic flow, that health producing energy that makes you carefree. Keri’s stillness like embers from hard wood, oversees his hotel like the Jaguar that lived in the surrounding mountains, detached but intimately involved.

The beautifully landscaped grounds, abundantly floral, managed by Geovanni, who’s smile is soft and warm like honeyed cream, flowing from his effeminate being as he speaks in Spanish of his intimate connection with the birds, fauna and flora and he’s understood. I’m suspended beyond duality where language is irrelevant. The purity of interchange with the natives, the air and water released toxins from my cellular muscular system relieving me of tensions and caressing me with its natural riches.


Ryan handed me a book of tours, pick what you want and Keri will reserve them when he goes to town. Keri was the embodiment of autonomy, as I thought about the substance of that word, I heard in the inner most part of my heart. “ I am the lover behind all lovers.” I booked a horseback riding tour for the next morning.


Again I was asked to join Keri and his friends for dinner, and after the lounge closed the sumptuous pleasure of divine communication, where the substance of the word is more nourishing then the meal and silence sweeter then the deepest relaxation. “Ooh that’s” I’m trying to think of the name of the singer on the stereo and Keri rides my thought from its encased abode, “Erika Badu”, “Americans I have to translate for you all the time.” He spoke, Dutch, English, Spanish, French and German fluently. I heard Joyce, say, “I only listen to black music. When you think about it what else is there.” Edward, an Englishman, “tised” through his teeth as he eyed Jewel’s unmoved persona. The conversation rose and ebbed through ecology, philosophy, politics, the meaning of life, and the lazy tropics.

Engrossed in a conversation with Keri, Edward’s sharp words, “Why don’t you ask him yourself,” pulled me back to the group. Recognizing the acidity of envy embedded within his words, I turned shrouded in the aura of tranquility. The flow of energy, innocent of expectation, shifted, around the table as the focus shone on Edward and I. When you want to know someone’s intent, look at the results. He lowered his eyes, something deeper then his fear had emerged. Returning to the group I exhaled demonstratively, Sooo! The essence of the word tickled Keri’s spirit and he snorted a laugh, repeating Sooo! Understanding fear cannot claim authority it does not have without our permission. I stood to exit for the evening, voicing my parting salutations; I had an early tour the next morning.

Lingering in conversation with one guest, I could feel eyes on me I turned, Keri sat brightly smiling, searching for my eyes. His luminous array jostled me and I stepped off balance. Reaching for my chest in awe, I whispered his name, our gaze immersed. I cannot say the time frame, maybe thirty seconds. I was unaware of my surroundings. When Edward departed I cannot say I came back to the sense realm when Keri stood and gestured toward the pathway. We stood among the moon lit trees talking and I noticed the spiritual ecstasy dancing in his eyes. Pin points of golden light. Eros! A profound illumined recognition, of the decisive precise arrow, that had pierced my heart, the divine fragrance overflowing and humbling me to this exalted display of his majestic impulse. He’d entered by the alchemist door.

The Joy of each word became more and more intoxicating as the Living Truth beckoned us into the center of creation. “In the beginning” a wave of the inexpressible essence moved through my heart and spiritual ecstasy flowed through the moments like clear crystal waters reflecting the oneness of existence. The eternal flame, lightness of being, and boundless abundance, florescent here, in the now. Children of immortal bliss, we were full of play and innocent joy. An ocean of sweetness filled my laughter as it rose from the inner qualities of my being.


Enraptured for four blissful days I was suspended beyond time and space. Encountering adversity I would sense the absolute smiling, redirecting my attention with one of the many splendors of his array. Every sense is heightened, every thought enhanced, every act infused with this grace, to let go and be. Breakfasting on fruit, drinking mango juice and sipping Darjeeling tea, I would be caught up in remembrance of his gaze, absorbed in exploration from every angel, every aspect to taste of this divine nectar. Ryan would say you’re ride is here and Jewel would hand me a bag of fruit and I would be off on a tour, happy I had a physical activity, free for a while from this all consuming intoxication.

Upon completion of the tour, stepping out of the boat, off the plane, at the end of the trail, his presence would be softly smiling, waiting patiently, to enrapture me.


I heard my name, from the throne of the Absolute. Transfigured, I could sense the molecules dancing as my body. Pure light I am. “I will show you the beach.” Keri smiled. Mute, the seer in me nodded.

The range rover had been cleaned, Keri thought it a fruitless gesture, but understood the intent. “The road and walkway to the beach are secluded and unpaved. It will only get muddy again.” Coca Channel, his greyhound, sat in the passengers seat, as though she was heir to the perfume she was named after. “She won’t move and she won’t share, the view is better from the back anyway.”


Walking on the beach, he unburdened himself, “I’ll be home one week and I’ll be ready to leave. The traffic and the people will begin to irritate me. I love the challenge of managing the hotel, I’m home one week and I’m caught up in the garbage, I hate that place.” “You expect more from them.” The breeze blew wisdom through my words. It was his turn to be still, the quartz eyes probing my consciousness. The rose blush of his supple cheeks became translucent with the illumination of this knowledge. From a place beyond the intellect, he understood his limited thinking. Here in the eternal now, pure essence pursued its’ course. Habitual, useless, patterns of thought, loosened their grip.

“My mother will try to convince me I’ve just been away too long. She knows its’ not true. My father doesn’t like the smell of success unless it’s attributed to him. He didn’t support my dream, why should I be intimidated by his anger? My sister is absorbed in her husband and kids and acts like its unthinkable that someone would expect anything else from her. Let her have it. “I’m going to Barcelona when I leave Holland. Maybe I’ll find a site to build a hotel.”

We climbed back up to the car. “Return with me tomorrow.” The gentle whispering of the eternal tugged at my resistance, “Follow your bliss.” Trusting I surrendered to the purity of the moment.


Breakfasting on fruit, juice and black tea. Patience’s itself took a sit before me, gracing the chair with tranquil limbs and a still calm. “How was the river trip?” “I became the river.” The mood of serenity softly infused him, as he waited for me to continue. “I was gushing down stream, over rocks, around bends, under roots. There’s a lot to be learned from the river. When something appears in its’ way, it just finds another path and keeps flowing.” “The guides? Composed and alert he waited for me to respond. Gleaming through the eyes, moving the form, the Absolute easily entered to elicit responses. “The Frenchmen were speaking in their native tongue, relieving me of the effort to converse.” “Did they stop for coca nuts?” “Yes.” “The tourist loved the dramatic display of a machete opening their drink.” “I found a hammock and lost track of time. When I opened my eyes one of the guides was standing over me. He appeared fascinated with an American lounging, and then quickly stated the tour needed to leave to return on time.” Satisfied by hearing my feelings he openly entered the inner chambers to nudge and press enticing our sensual exploration, and releasing fragrances of the divine.

Keri’s is exquisitely beautiful, although, I could not describe his features or tell you the color of his eyes. His inner character is vulnerable with a strong will and fixed determination that expresses itself in a confident masculinity. Calm in its pursuit, he would easily probe my inner consciousness entering and exiting by the alchemist door.






      

 

 

Copyright © 2001 Deborah Coleman
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"