The Monster Of Vangor
Nancy F. Carlson

 

once upon a time there were these powerful men who pumped iron daily and were very strong one days they caught a glimsp of a pretty girl in black the next day nothing was found bwomanut a pile of blood andbopnes and some left over flesh. the iron acre woods were creepy filled with monster oaks and thrisel berrys. it was steep and contained dangerous night creatures but then again it was allway dark there it seemed. about 50 miles from it was the old castle of vangar it was old and was rusty and evil looking that night as the rain beat against the windows and lighting and thunder fill the skys.
the king and queen were discussing soemthing the king said"we lost a few good men those bears are getting dangerous we must decrease them some." the queen replied "i think we should from now on have a bear hunting festibal we will chain off the area all year send a few peasants there to feed them then on a certain day once a year gather all the important leaders of this area and hunt as many as we can" the king replied back"thats brilliant mariel i love you so much." they hug.
Heather walked through the woods she was very lonely the monster oaks were very frightening but she was used to them shed bust them to wood chops if they tried to hurt her she went into her cave and slept for the rest of the while she ate some mushrooms before she left again she was freaking out a gain seeing all those colors and monsters she bumped into a monster oak and broke it down then everything else is blank.
It was August 1st it was bear hunting time all the barons and princes and kings and knights and hunters and stewards and archers and warriors and natives and cheifs and elders and leaders were there.they went hunting alot of men were brutally killed a warrior a cheif and baron were the only survivers came back to the castle torn up.
the baron says "There aint no bears and this warrior and my cheif officer are the only survivers the only hunt there was this black monster thing it almost killed us and the rest of us all that woods is is dead land we aint traeden or haveing nothing more to do with you double crossers you trapped us"
.from this point on no one else would trade they were a poor self relied country withn o populatiopn hardly at all if any onlya few bandits and the king and his family and castle and courtyard workers.
Heather was walking through the woods as usual it was a sunny day she could tell bythe heat onher neck yet nolightin the woods.
she walked out of the woods.
it was years since she hadm been out of these woods she walked thenm to the castle.
when she arrived the moat was drawn so she waded into it a shark attacked her and bits her she threw it away from her and jumped out she was bleeding silver blood she ran away crying all the way back to her cave and cryed.
a little of the silver blood seeped into the moat the grass is all burnt and the sharks were floating upside down.
when the king and queen woke up and saw all the silver blood led back to the iron acre woods.
they guessed that the forest had a curse so they decided to snd a dark night on a black horse over to torch it.
the dark knight trotted there and lit it Heather walked to the smoke as the woods burned down heather said "oh please kind stranger please bring me with you i been liveing alone for many years and im so lonely."
the dark knight smiled she was scrubby a complete wreck but she had a charm in her eyes that he couldnt help but love she was very beautiful in a natural mysterious way he helps her on.
the knight spoke "My names Magic im a knight of the kingdom odf vangar."
heather says"Oh magic eh..."
magic replies"yah magic"
they ride back.
Magic speaks to the king and queen,"Urhighnesses i found this lovely girl out in those creepy woods she begged me to bring her please may i marrie her."
the king answered"yes you may magic."
the next day he greeted her at her room they smiled at each other he was in his old pedeler clothe and cjust as handsome she was in a pink little dress ansd silver head band.
Magic said "oh arent we beautiful this m orning."
heatehr says"back at ya."
they walk arm and arm down the stairs to the theater and watch the royal fool.
magic seen it 1 million time sbut this being heathers first time she laughed insanely every momment.
Magic still laughed more to her sweet giggle then his own intrest in the silly man he was watching her carefully smileing at her then she licked her lips and he notices the first tiem ever she had fangs.
the next day the old fool died and all that was left was the pile of bloody dirty bones.
it was a sad day for everyone it rained that night Heather cryed the hardest her and Magic hugged and sobbed till dawn.
when she look to the sun rise and began to speak "amazing how you live in those awful woods all your life and think youll die there then they dissappear and your finally rescued by your prince charming but your still crying.... the worlds strange...
looking out here seeing this beautiful day the sun the world revolves around the suna nd all its life needs it but this is weird that its the first time i seen the sun"
she smiled faintly.
magic walked over to her and said" that was beautiful but then again its comeing from you my beauiful thistle rose." they kiss.
a few months later magic and heather are married they are very much in love and in a few years they have a daughter n 2 other kingdoms start reconverseing with them.
within 3 decades things were beautiful they were all at peace again their daughter was the god daughter of the king and queen when they pass away the kingdom hers the daughters name was Thiren.
but hitting her middle ages Heather began to get cranky and irritable she wasnt as sweet as she used to be so snappy they were fearing maybe she was dieingbut it really was somethign much worse a craveing she been neglectign years for years she had tohave it she held back long enough one day Magic woke up to find his bed empty his wife left him with a letter Dear Magic it said Please forgive me i have ruined the kingdom by being with you i coundnt bring myself to hurt you but everyone else cause your amazing i never known one who truly had a good of a heart the way you do im sorry"
he was puzzled this made no sense he smelled a strange scent like none ever before he left his room and he saw all the guard everyone king and qwueen everyone had died and had been almost completely eatten except few remains he was in shock he instantly though out loud "NO WAIT!!! THIREN!!!! SHE WONT SHE WONT"
he ran to her bed room and she hadnt been eaten but her neck was slit she had have silver blood shouting out and have red her beautiful mother like eyes were beautiful but when he looked into the hdead beautiful eyes so beautiful but he had to stop they were his angels no not his angels the person he thought was an angel that turned out to be a fucking psychopathe that murdered everything onhim. he saw she too had fangs.
he red a second and final letter it read"im sorry id did this i grew up in a woods on mushrooms and human flesh i was the "monster" who killed all the men all them stuck up bear hunters the fool and everyone here includeing our daughter her i was gonna spare but couldnt risk it she would be another woods creature like me and one day i can almost guarentee it she would have eaten you your the only one i left you shall never have to see me again im gonna \get myself new prey i been saving myself in me sense i married you and i cant hold back anymore i love you good bye forever."
He sobbed and ran for it he took a torch and burned down the castle he saw her walking about 20 feet from the castle and he
chased her down he pulled out a dagger hes in his night blue pajamas with an old cap and shes in her pink night gown.
he screamed at her "I may Never Ever Forgive you You User of People Your not even human your a monster this will never be allowed! he stabbed her and growled the castle burned and she died and when she died the silver blood dripped out of her heart and she struggled on the ground and he kicked her into the moot and he wandered into the desert never again to return the end

 

 

Copyright © 2000 Nancy F. Carlson
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"