Jack Logan And The Doomsday Orbs (1)
Willie Travis Jr

 

FADE IN.

INT.SCEPTER ROOM-TEMPLE-PLANET VESCA-4138 A.D.

A MAN in his late 30's attired in a brown Leather Jacket,Brown Pants,and Black action boots enters an Ancient room.

The walls are comprised of stone.The Insignia patch on the shoulder of his Jacket reads: I.P.A.R.C(Interplanetary Research Archaeological Corporation).

The Man carefully walks toward a refulgent Scepter resting in the recess of the wall directly in front of him.

He hears something move in the dark recesses of the Stalactite lined ceiling. He brings his LASER BLASTER out of it's Holster in a flash.

Suddenly a Swarm of BAT-CREATURES fly out of the dark recesses. Forcing the Man to cover his head with his arms.

They fly past him heading towards the Temple's opening.He watches as the winged Creatures disappear down the hallway.

After being slightly startled he continues toward the Glowing Scepter.

His eyes carefully scans the floor over.He spots a pressurized section of the floor ahead.He leaps over it. Now he he is standing directly in front of the scepter.

He retreats his Laser Blaster back to it's Holster.He lifts the Scepter out of the recess and reverently holds it before him.Admiring it's beauty.

MAN

The Scepter of Destiny.

He turns and proceeds toward the temple's entrance.Suddenly he hears something move behind him.He looks back to see the entire section of Limestone Wall Speeding toward him.

The man looks toward the entrance: The Temple's stone door is sliding down fast.He bolts for the entrance.

The huge Wall of Limestone is coming Fast.About to smash everything in it's path flat as a pancake against the stone walls.

The Man leaps leaps beneath the quickly descending Limestone door just seconds before it closes.Suddenly huge fragments of Stalactite fall from the ceiling.

The Man miraculously manages to run through the large falling rock fragments unscathed.Now he comes to a:

EXT.LONG BRIDGE

Leading over a great black abyss.He slowly proceeds onto the bridge with the Scepter in hand.

Suddenly the section of the bridge in front of him begins to retract from the other side of the cliff wall.The Man runs toward the other end as the bridge before him,gets shorter and shorter.

Upon reaching the end of the bridge he makes a desperate leap over the pitch black abyss.He manages to grab and hang onto the edge of the cliff wall.

The Bridge completely retracts.One hand holds onto the edge of the cliff while the other holds the Scepter.His boot clad feet dangle over the deep,dark,abyss below.

He struggles up to the top of the cliff wall,and continues down the long,winding,passageway.Suddenly a beeping sound emanates from his metallic wristband.

He presses a button on it's side,and speaks into it.

MAN

Jack here!

A Feminine Voice emanates from the metallic communication band.

VOICE

Did you get the Scepter?

Jack

Got it!

VOICE

Good! You better make it snappy Jack! The natives are getting restless out here!

JACK

I'm on my way! You just keep that engine running Kira!

EXT.MOUNTAIN CREVICE-PLANET VESCA-DAY

Jack exits the crevice only to find his speeder craft surrounded by a large number of TRIBAL ALIENS.Armed with Spears and Clubs.

Upon seeing Jack,they attack. Jack draws his laser Blaster. Before he can use it a blow from an Alien's club knocks it out of his hand.

Jack fights his way through the mob of Aliens to his parked speeder craft.Only to see that the controls have been damaged.

He spots an Alien mounted on a WINGED REPTILE sprinting towards him. It's rider hurls a spear at him.

Jack ducks.Afterward he knocks the Alien off it's mount. Leaps onto the winged Reptile,and takes to the air.The Aliens run behind hurling Spears and Stones to no avail.

For the moment,Jack has escaped.Suddenly he looks back and spots a dozen or more Tribal Aliens mounted on Winged Reptiles coming up fast on his rear.

JACK

Damn!

EXT.SPACESHIP-DESERT-PLANET VESCA-DAY

The Primitive Gray skinned Aliens are slowly moving towards the Space Ship.Their Spears and Clubs held at the ready.

INT.COCKPIT-SPACESHIP

The Pilot:An attractive young lady with locks of gold hair is seated at the helm controls.Nervously staring out the Ship's veiwport at the approaching Aliens.

She flips a switch on the control console and begins speaking.

WOMAN

Damn it Jack! Where are you!

EXT.CANYON COMPLEX-PLANET VESCA-DAY

Jack speeds through a massive Canyon Complex on his winged Reptile.With the Aliens on their winged Reptiles in hot pursuit.Hurling Spears and Stones at him.

Suddenly he clears the bend of the massive Cliff Wall and spots the Ship resting on the rocky wasteland.Surrounded by a group of Loincloth wearing,spear and club wielding Aliens.

Jack speaks into his Communication Band on his wrist.

JACK

Kira make me an opening!I'm coming in!

INT.COCKPIT-SPACESHIP

Kira,the Pilot activates the targeting monitor on the control console.She presses a series of buttons.

EXT.SPACESHIP-DESERT-PLANET VESCA-DAY

Laser Blasts leaves the Ship's forward Cannons.Causing the Aliens to disperse.

Jack quickly brings his mount to the ground.He leaps off and runs toward the Ship.While the Aliens mounted on the winged beasts are still hurling Spears,and Stones.

Jack runs up the Ship's Gangplank,and into the safety of the Ship. The Ship lifts off and ascends into the Heavens. Leaving the Tribal Aliens behind.

INT.COCKPIT-SPACESHIP

Jack joins Kira in the Cockpit.

KIRA

Pretty close call,would you agree sir?

JACK

Just another day kid.Now lets get out of here.

EXT.SPACESHIP-SPACE

The Ship exits the Planets atmosphere,and enters space.It activates Light stream,and disappears amidst the sea of Stars.

TITLE APPEARS:

JACK LOGAN AND THE DOOMSDAY ORBS.

TITLE DISAPPEARS.

EXT.I.P.A.R.C ASTEROID BASE-SPACE

INTERPLANETARY ARCHAEOLOGICAL RESEARCH CORPORATION

The Ship speeds toward a Small Complex on a large Asteroid.

INT.MONITOR ROOM-I.P.A.R.C.BASE

An elderly fellow with a neatly trimmed white beard wearing spectacles sets before an impressive array of computer monitors.Which are steadily streaming information.

Suddenly a voice calls out from behind him:

voice(o.s)

Daddy!

The voice is revealed to belong to Kira.She runs toward the old man with her arms outstretched.Jack follows behind.Holding something behind his back.

Old man

Kira.

The two embrace.

OLD MAN

You've returned!I'm so relieved.I had become worried that you and Jack had got lost out there! Jack you are a sight for sore eyes.Tell me,did you get it?

Jack smiles.Bringing out the brilliant Scepter from behind his back.The old man walks toward the Gleaming Scepter.He takes it from Jack's hand.Admiring it's beauty.

OLD MAN

Oh museums across the Galaxy will be vying against each other for this beauty.Congratulations Dr.Logan! You've done it again.We'll make a fortune with this!

JACK

No Professor Tellerex.It's not fair for me to take all the credit.Without your expertise this whole enterprise would have not been possible.

KIRA

You know this deserves a toast.

A slim SERVICE ROBOT,speeds into the room.Carrying a Champagne bottle and three glasses.The Robot places the glasses on a small table and begins pouring the champagne.

Afterward the three each take a glass.

KIRA

Here's to success,and to many more years of continued success.

The three raise their glasses,and then turn their glasses bottoms up.

KIRA

Well,I'm going for a shower,and then to bed.Night daddy.

Kira kisses Professor Tellerex on the cheek and exits the room.Leaving Jack the Professor alone.

JACK

I better turn in too Professor.I've had a very,very long day.

Jack is pulling off his Jacket,and heading toward the door,when he is stopped by Professor Tellerex.

PROF.TELLEREX

While you were away i was contacted by a representative of Baedeker Technologies.It seems that they require your expertise on a rather important matter.

Jack Logan sighs and slips his jacket back on.

JACK

Just can't seem to get a break.

EXT.BAEDEKER TECHNOLOGIES SPACE STATION

The I.P.A.R.C. Ship speeds towards a large SPACESTATION orbiting a huge EARTHLIKE WORLD.

INT.LUXURIOUS OFFICE-BAEDEKER SPACESTATION

A sleek,metallic SERVICE BOT,leads Jack and Prof.Tellerex into a spacious office.The Three walk towards a huge desk setting before a large panoramic viewport.

Which provides an excellent view of the Large Blue World below,and the universe beyond.Seated in a wingback chair behind the desk sets someone holding a cigar.

His back is turned to us.The smoke of cigar wafting up to the ceiling.The service bot hails the individual.

SERVICE BOT

Forgive my intrusion sir but you have two guest.

The figure in the chair swivels the Wingback chair around to face Jack and the Professor.Who are in Casual dress.The figure in the chair is revealed to be a middle aged,well dressed man.

He takes a deep drag of his Cigar as he scans them over.

SERVICE BOT

Dr.Jack Logan and Professor Harvey Tellerex of Interplanetary Archaeological-

MAN(INTERRUPTING)

Say no more!You may leave us Edison.

EDISON:The service Robot exits.The Man gets up and walks toward Jack and the Professor.

JACK

Mr.Baedeker I assume?

Man/BAEDEKER

In the flesh Dr.Logan,and Professor Tellerex.Welcome,it's an honor to meet two of the best archaeologists in the galaxy.

JACK

Well,I wouldn't say that we are the best.

mr.baedeker

Oh,you are too modest.Come now Dr.Logan your reputation precedes you.Come have a seat.

Dr.Logan and Professor Tellerex take a seat at the desk.

JACK

So Mr.Baedeker,tell me why we are here?

MR.BAEDEKER

Straight to business.I like that in a man.Well here it is.Are you familiar with the long dead alien race called the Alorions?

JACK

Why yes.The Professor and I have done years of research on their culture.In fact much of the technology we take for granted today is based off theirs.Why do you ask?

MR.BAEDEKER

As you know Earth has been at war with the Xinn Empire for nine long years.People are tired of the fighting and the countless loss of lives.Earth Federation looks to my company for new devastating weapons.New devices to destroy the Xinn,and bring peace to the galaxy.Recently one of my employees found something that may finally answer Earth's prayers for peace.

PROF.TELLEREX

What did your employee find?

Mr.Baedeker walks over to a control console,mounted on the wall.He presses a series of buttons,a metallic tray slides out of the wall.

Which contains a small glowing CRYSTAL ORB.He lifts it up,and holds it out before Dr.Logan and the Professor.

The Professor rises from his seat.

PROF.TELLEREX

Mr.Baedeker,do you know what you have there?

MR.BAEDEKER

I m told that it is some sort of ancient weapon.

Jack lifts the glowing Orb out of Mr.Baedekers hand.His eyes scanning it over.

JACK

It's a singularity orb.A doomsday device.Created long ago by the Alorions.Some believe that these devices were a myth.

MR.BAEDEKER

They are no myth Dr.Logan.My sources believe there is a storehouse of superweapons such as this one on Rykos.I need you to get them for me Dr.Logan

JACK

I don't believe that we are the right people for the job Mr.Baedeker.We do not transport weapons.

MR.BAEDEKER

I'll triple your pay.How does fifty Trillion credits sound?

Professor Tellerex looks at Jack.Who seems not to have heard:Fifty Trillion credits.

PROF.TELLEREX

Mr.Baedeker allow me to have a word with my associate.

The Professor walks over to Jack.

PROF.TELLEREX

Jack have you gone mad!He wants to pay us fifty trillion credits.We could retire to one of the luxury moons around Yorbus five!

JACK

This is too big for us Professor.We should leave this one alone.

MR.BAEDEKER

Well have you two gentlemen reached a decision?

JACK

I'm sorry Mr.Baedeker.This is a job for the military.

MR.BAEDEKER

I'm sorry you feel that way Dr.Logan.But your answer is unacceptable.

Mr.Baedeker presses a button on the wall control console.Suddenly SIX GUARDS enter the office.

They all wear combat suits,and are armed with Laser Rifles.They aim their weapons at Dr.Logan and the Professor.

INT.DOCKING BAY-BAEDEKER TECH SPACESTATION

Kira sets in the cockpit of the docked I.P.A.R.C.Ship. Suddenly a SQUAD OF COMBAT SUITED GUARDS armed with High powered Laser Rifles surround the Ship.

INT.LUXURIOUS OFFICE-BAEDEKER SPACESTATION

Jack Logan and Prof.Tellerex stand surrounded by guards. Their Laser Rifles are aimed at them.

MR.BAEDEKER

You are the leading authority on translating ancient,dead languages Dr.Logan.I cannot allow you to leave this room knowing what you know.So we can settle this two ways:you can help us,or we can resort to other means.Whats it's going to be Dr.Logan?

EXT.I.P.A.R.C.SHIP-DOCKING BAY-BAEDEKER SPACE STATION

Professor Tellerex boards the Ship.

INT.COCKPIT-SPACE SHIP

He approaches Kira who is seated in the Cockpit.

KIRA

Dad whats happening?Why is our ship surrounded by armed guards?

PROF.TELLEREX

It appears that Mr.Baedekers cause has now become ours as well.

INT.CONFERENCE ROOM-BAEDEKER TECH SPACE STATION

Jack,Professor Tellerex,Kira,along with Mr.Baedeker stand around a large Holo globe of a Planet.While a Baedeker Technician stands using a pointer to show points of interest on the Planet's surface.

BAEDEKER TECHNICIAN

From our deep structure scans of this particular mountain range in the eastern hemisphere of Rykos we have determined that there is some sort of large structure within.We believe that it is,or was some sort of weapon storage complex.Once used by the long dead alien race,of the Alorions.

PROF.TELLEREX

But what leads you to believe that this is an ancient Alorion weapons storage complex?

BAEDEKER TECHNICIAN

Judging from what we know of Alorion architecture these designs match the garrison ruins we've found in other starsystems.

JACK

Rykos is in Xinn controlled space.Their sensors would detect our ship.Getting past their battle cruisers is a challenge on its on.

MR.BAEDEKER

Let me worry about the getting there part Dr.Logan.I am counting on you.Can you do this?

JACK

I can.But lets get one thing straight: I work alone.

MR.BAEDEKER

Come now Dr.Logan.There's always room for some company.

Mr.Baedeker presses a button on the desk.The door of the Conference room slides open.A man dressed in black enters.

He wears Black action Boots,Leather gloves,Earth federation issue uniform pants,and black Vest,over black shirt.Carries a Laser Blaster in both hip holsters.

MR.BAEDEKER

Say hello to Mr.Frank Garrix.He shall go along to ensure the mission's success and to protect my interests.

Dr.Logan and Frank Garrix shake hands.Jack notices that one of Garrix eyes are mechanical.

FRANK GARRIX

Dr.Jack Logan.Heard a lot about your archaeological skills.Pretty impressive.I also heard that during your time in the federation you were a pretty fast draw.

JACK

That was a different time Mr.Garrix.I was a different man back then.There's more to life than being the fastest draw.

FRANK GARRIX

Is that a fact?

MR.BAEDEKER

You must forgive Mr.Garrix Dr.Logan.He has quite a passion for gun play.

A wicked smile spreads across Garrix's stubby hair covered face.

INT.DOCKING BAY-BAEDEKER SPACE STATION

Mr.Baedeker,Jack,Professor Tellerex,and Kira stand before a large Spaceship.

MR.BAEDEKER

This is the ship that will transport you to Rykos.She is called the Raven.It's partially based on Xinn Technology.

KIRA

How does she handle?

MR.BAEDEKER

Quite well my dear.But you needn't concern yourself about her maneuvering capabilities.

The door of the RAVEN slides up.Revealing a voluptuous Woman dressed in Black pilot uniform.She smiles seductively at Jack.

MR.BAEDEKER

Ladies and Gentlemen,I present the Pilot of the Raven:Ms.Lena Grace.

EXT.BAEDEKER TECH SPACESTATION

The Raven exits the Space station and activates Light stream. It accelerates in an instant.Vanishing amidst the infinite sea of stars.

INT.CONFERENCE ROOM-RAVEN

Dr.Logan,Professor Tellerex,Kira,and Garrix's men all set around a long conference table.Listening as Garrix debriefs everyone.

FRANK GARRIX

Were going to try to keep this by the book.We should be in and out.Once we near the planet we shall leave the Raven in the Extractor vessel.The Planet Rykos is always heavily guarded by two Xinn Battle cruisers.The Extractor ship should provide us with an opportunity to infiltrate the Planets atmosphere undetected.

Garrix turns towards Jack.

FRANK GARRIX

We can get you to the Planets surface.Once there you will decipher the Alorion's ancient Linguistic texts.Everyone dismissed.

EXT.The Raven-space

The Raven exits Light stream and enters normal space.Speeding towards a huge Green WORLD.

INT.COCKPIT-RAVEN

The pilot: Ms.Lena Grace sets at the controls.She flips a lever on the control console and speaks over the Ship's intercom system.

LENA

Attention.Now approaching Rykos.

INT.WEAPONS HOLD-RAVEN

Combat suited Members of Garrix's team rush into the Weapons hold.Grabbing Laser Rifles,Grenades,and all sorts of other weapons off the weapon racks.

INT.TROOP HOLD-EXTRACTOR SHIP

Moments later,Dr.Logan,and Professor Tellerex are setting inside the Troop hold area,along with Garrix and his Soldiers.

EXT.RAVEN-SPACE

The curved Extractor Ship exits the Raven's Docking Bay.Speeding towards the huge green world of RYKOS.

Upon the Extractors departure,the Raven activates Light stream.Vanishing amidst the stars.

INT.COCKPIT-EXTRACTOR SHIP

Frank Garrix enters the Cockpit.Stands between the two helmeted pilots.He notices a blip on the Monitor of the Control console.

FRANK GARRIX

Status report.

1ST PILOT

I'm picking up a large galaxy class Xinn Battle cruiser coming around the Planets Atmosphere on the ship's scanning system.

FRANK GARRIX

We cannot afford to be detected.Get this thing moving soldier.

1ST PILOT

Yes sir.

EXT.RYKOS

Just as the large Xinn Battle cruiser is clearing the night side of Rykos,the Small Extractor vessel manages to infiltrate the atmosphere undetected.

EXT.JUNGLE-RYKOS-DAY

The Extractor sets down in a clearing.It's cargo bay doors slide open.Five SPEEDER CRAFT exit in succession.Speeding over the dense jungle.

Dr.Logan,and Professor Tellerex set inside a Speeder Craft with Mr.Garrix.Six Armed Soldiers set in the cargo bed of each craft.

Mr.Garrix sets with a Laser Rifle,lying across his crossed hips.

FRANK GARRIX

Well Dr.Logan,Professor Tellerex,ready to show us your legendary skills?

JACK

Can't wait.

Jack stares down at the jungle below,as the Speeder Craft speeds over the Jungle canopy.Heading towards a Mountain range in the distance ahead.

EXT.METALLIC DOOR-MOUNTAIN SIDE-RYKOS-DAY

Dr.Logan and Professor Tellerex stand before a massive door.They translate the symbols aligning it.

Garrix and his Men stand behind them.Waiting for them to open the doors.A Soldier approaches Garrix.

SOLDIER

We have detected a Xinn mining facility about thirty clicks east of here sir.

FRANK GARRIX

We'll have to maintain a low profile.Good work soldier.

Suddenly the MASSIVE DOORS SLIDE OPEN.Revealing a dark Passageway leading deep inside the mountain.

FRANK GARRIX

Quite impressive Dr.Logan and Professor Tellerex.Quite impressive indeed.

A member of Garrix's team throws a flare into the Passage way.Lighting up an entire section of the passage.Four of Garrix's men enter the Passageway.

Their weapons aimed on the area ahead of them.Waiting for the slightest sign of movement.Jack,Professor Tellerex,and Garrix proceed behind them.

PROF.TELLEREX

No one has set foot in here for ages.

FRANK GARRIX

Keep your voice down old man.

INT.COCKPIT-RAVEN-SPACE

Kira and Lena Grace set in the Cockpit.Staring at the stars.

LENA

So tell me,how long have you known Dr.Logan?

KIRA

Seems like a lifetime.Why do you ask?

LENA

He seems to be an interesting fellow.Whats your relationship to him?

KIRA

Just friends.Your questions are getting a little personal Ms.Grace.If you don't mind me saying so,step off Ms.Grace.

Lena Smiles.

INT.PASSAGEWAY-MOUNTAIN-RYKOS

Jack Logan,Professor Tellerex,along with Garrix's team continue down the ancient passageway.A Soldier throws a flare in the darkness ahead of them.

Illuminating the entire area.Which reveals a long CAUSEWAY leading across a great lake.Resting beneath many Cone shaped hanging Stalactites.

JACK

I don't like the looks of this.

Garrix signals two of his men to move forward.They do likewise.They approach the causeway with utmost caution.

Aiming their Laser Rifles on the water,and the area before them.Garrix signals the rest to proceed onto the Causeway.

Jack Logan,Garrix,and Professor Tellerex proceed behind them.Suddenly a Large INSECT CREATURE,leaps out of the water and onto the Causeway Bridge.

It runs toward the Soldiers.But blasts from their Laser Rifles blows it apart.Now many more large,multi legged Creatures leap out of the lake.

The Soldiers are surrounded by a whole SWARM OF THE LARGE INSECT CREATURES.The Soldiers fire away at the large oncoming Insects.

Jack and Professor Tellerex stand in the middle of the group of Soldiers as they are steadily firing at the multi legged attackers.

JACK

Damn it Garrix!I need a weapon!

Frank Garrix pulls a Laser Pistol from one of his Hip holsters.He reluctantly gives it to Jack.Jack begins firing at the attacking Creatures.

Suddenly one of the Creatures projects a SLENDER BLACK TONGUE Which wraps around Professor Tellerex Thigh.The Professor is yanked off his feet,and is being pulled towards the JAWS of the awaiting Insect.

Jack turns just in time,to see the Screaming Professor being dragged away.Jack aims:

JACK

Eat this.

Jack fires. Blowing the Large Insect apart.Afterward he pulls Professor Tellerex back into their group.

JACK

Are you alright Professor?

PROF.TELLEREX

A bit shaken.But yes,I think I'm ok.

Suddenly a LARGE MOAN EMANATES from beneath the Lake.The Hordes of Attacking Insect Creatures scatter.Retreating back into the Great Lake.

Leaving Garrix,Logan,Prof.Tellerex,and what remains of Garrix's team standing on the Insect-piece-littered-Causeway.Everyone is silent.Their Weapons trained on the water.

Suddenly a Crab-like Creature of extraordinary proportions rises from the lake.The Professor stares in awe.

PROF.TELLEREX

My word!

FRANK GARRIX

(SHOUTING TO HIS MEN)

Move,Move,Move!!

Frank Garrix,Logan,Tellerex and the rest run across the causeway toward the other side.While the Crab-like Monster pursues them.It's great head swoops down and snatches up one of Garrix's Soldiers in it's great maw.The remaining Soldiers stop and fire their laser rifles at the Creature.

But the blasts just seem to bounce off of it's thick hide.After it's first snack the Creature resumes pursuing the "tasty Humans."

Jack Logan and the Professor arrive at the door on the other side.Jack and the Professor begin arranging symbols on the door's control console.Garrix and his Men are behind Jack and Professor Tellerex firing everything they have at the approaching Monster.

FRANK GARRIX

      (SHOUTING)

You two Einsteins got that door opened yet?!

JACK

Just buy us some time Garrix!

Frank Garrix's Pov- Garrix's mechanical eye scans and locks onto a section of Stalactite.He fires.The sharp Stalactite deposit falls onto the large Creature's head.It lets out a great roar as it shakes it's head in pain.Suddenly the metallic door slides open.Revealing another long passageway.

JACK

It's open!Come on! Hurry!

Everyone rushes into the passageway.Leaving the large hungry Creature outside.Now the group of intrepid explorers proceed down the long dark:

EXT.PASSAGEWAY.

Where after walking for some length of time they come upon a Turbo lift at the end of the passage.They step onto the lift. Jack waves his hand over a sensor screen on the guard rails. The Turbo lift speeds down the shaft.

The Lift speeds down.Speeding past many dark levels before coming to rest on the last level.One of Garrix's Soldiers throws a flare.Revealing a room filled with Ancient Super Computers.

Professor Tellerex,Jack Logan,along with Garrix and his Men step off the the Turbo lift.Jack and the Professor walk around the room taking in their surroundings.Jack finds a Control console on the wall lined with symbols,and a scan screen.He moves a series of symbols then passes his hand over the scan screen.

Afterward the lights and the great COMPUTER MONITORS activate.

PROF.TELLEREX

My word! Their computers still work after all these countless centuries!Information on their entire culture could be stored in their data banks! I could spend a lifetime studying this.

Suddenly Jack spots something.His Pov- A large CRYSTAL ORB levitates over a raised metallic pedestal positioned in the center of the room.

Jack and Frank Garrix walk toward the large glowing Crystal Orb levitating before them.

JACK

A Singularity Orb.The ultimate doomsday weapon of the galaxy.

A Soldier approaches Garrix.

SOLDIER

Sir.You should see this.

Garrix,Jack,and the Professor follow the Soldier.

INT.SINGULARITY ORB STOREHOUSE.

The three enter a large round room which walls are aligned with THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of Singularity Orbs.

JACK

My god.It's a storehouse.A weapons store facility.Amazing!This place is right under the Xinn's noses and they don't even know it's here!

PROF.TELLEREX

If the Xinn were to gain control of these...

FRANK GARRIX

We can't allow that to happen.

INT.ALORION MONITOR ROOM.

Jack presses a series of buttons on the Orbs pedestal control console.The Singularity Orb begins to levitate up towards an opened Iris door in the ceiling.

INT.IRIS DOOR-MOUNTAIN TOP-RYKOS-EVENING

A group of Garrix's Soldiers stand atop the mountain around the opened Iris door.Two Speeder crafts rest behind them.The Singularity Orb is nearing the opening.Suddenly the EXTRACTOR SHIP comes into view over head.It's great engines producing a heavy throbbing sound.

The Soldiers place a harness around the Orb.A door on the Ship's underside slides open.

EXT.XINN MINING FACILITY-RYKOS-EVENING

Two Xinn Guards on patrol catch sight of the Ship hovering over the mountain.They alert others.Suddenly an alarm sounds.At once a SQUADRON OF XINN FIGHTER SHIPS take to the air. Speeding toward the mountain.

EXT.EXTRACTOR SHIP-RYKOS-EVENING

The Soldiers are guiding the Singularity Orb into the Ship.While down below in the:

INT.SINGULARITY ORB STOREHOUSE.

Garrix activates a Quantum Singularity Orb.He presses a series of buttons on it's console.Activating a self destruct countdown.Jack and Prof.Tellerex stand watching.

PROF.TELLEREX

God forgive us for what we are about to do.

FRANK GARRIX

Lets get out of here!

EXT.IRIS DOOR-MOUNTAIN TOP-RYKOS-EVENING

Jack,Garrix,and Prof.Tellerex stand atop the Iris door.The Soldiers in the cargo bay of the hovering Extractor Ship throw down ropes which the remaining soldiers climb up and enter the Ship.Now Prof.Tellerex is being lifted into the Ship's cargo bay when suddenly the ship is pelted by Laser fire,from two Xinn Fighter ships.

Garrix shouts to the Soldiers in the cargo Bay:

FRANK GARRIX

Contact the Raven!Go,get outta here! We'll catch up!

The Extractor Ship's cargo bay doors shut as it speeds away from the mountain top.With the four Xinn Fighter ships in hot pursuit.Jack and Garrix leap onto a Speeder craft left behind by his Soldiers.They take off.Speeding over the dense Jungle canopy.

FRANK GARRIX

We've got twenty minutes to get off this rock before everything gets sucked to hell!We've got to catch up with the extractor ship!

JACK

I think we've got company!

Suddenly their Speeder craft is rocked by Laser fire.Garrix looks back and spots two Xinn Fighter ships coming up fast on their rear.

FRANK GARRIX

You drive! I'll shoot! And no funny business Jack!

Garrix climbs into the Cargo bed of the Speeder craft with his Laser rifle in hand.He begins exchanging fire with the Xinn Fighter ships.

EXT.EXTRACTOR SHIP-RYKOS-EVENING

The Extractor ship is speeding through the air with a group of Xinn Fighters in hot pursuit.

INT.COCKPIT-EXTRACTOR SHIP

Professor Tellerex stands protesting behind the two Pilots.

PROF.TELLEREX

But what about Dr.Logan?! You just can't leave him behind to die!

Two Soldiers come up behind the Protesting Professor and grab him by each arm.

1ST PILOT

Take the old man in the back and strap him in.

The pilot presses a button on the console.Activating a Monitor on the control console.The Pilot of the Raven:Ms.Lena Grace face appears on the screen.

1ST PILOT

Extractor to Raven.We are ready for pick up.

EXT.RAVEN-SPACE

The Raven activates it's engines and hits Light stream.Disappearing amidst the stars.

INT.SINGULARITY ORB STOREHOUSE.RYKOS

The numbers in the Singularity Orb's display screen indicates Ten minutes and counting until self destruct.

EXT.SPEEDER CRAFT-CANYON COMPLEX-RYKOS-EVENING

Jack Logan flies the Speeder craft through a massive canyon complex.Negotiating the narrow twist and bends of the winding canyon complex.While Garrix is still in the Cargo bed exchanging fire with the Xinn Fighter ships.Suddenly Garrix's mechanical eye locks onto a section of cliff wall.

He repeatedly fires his Laser rifle at the cliff wall. Causing an avalanche of large rocks to fall and crush the two Xinn Fighters. Garrix climbs back into the passenger seat afterward.

FRANK GARRIX

Come on Jack!Get this thing moving! We have got to get aboard the Extractor!

Jack hits the accelerator.The Speeder craft shoots out of the canyon complex and takes to the evening sky.

INT.SINGULARITY ORB STOREHOUSE.RYKOS

The Quantum Singularity Orb's display screen indicates SIX minutes and counting.

EXT.SPACE.

The Raven speeds towards the large green world of Rykos.

EXT.EXTRACTOR SHIP-RYKOS-EVENING

The Extractor ship is still being pursued by the Xinn Fighter ships and taking heavy damage from the Fighter's forward cannons.Suddenly Jack Logan and Frank Garrix's Speeder craft comes up behind the group of Xinn Fighter ships.

Frank mechanical eye locks onto one of the Ship's vulnerable spots.He aims and fires his Laser rifle.Hitting his target. Resulting in a fiery explosion.

The other Xinn Fighter ships break off their attack on the Extractor ship attempting to gain attack positions on the Speeder craft.The Extractor ship's cargo bay doors open.

 

 

Go to part:2  3 

 

 

Copyright © 2008 Willie Travis Jr
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"