The Sakari Soldiers
Delmar Burkett

 

The Sakari Soldiers
V.O. In 1999 a strange abnormal reading entered the earth's atmosphere at approximately 0500 on a Wednesday Morning. Scientist didn’t actually find anything at the location, but baffled that it was some sort of rip in our space time continuum. Later the whole thing was viewed as some sort of hoax. This was only the beginning. By the year 2007, over half of the world’s population was reduced by over half million. By what you ask, well, let’s just say, what we thought to be untrue, may not be!!
INT: BASEMENT

GRAPHIC 2008
DWAINE IS SEEN PRAYING THEN AFTER HE PRAYS, HE PUSHES A BUTTON ON A DEVICE AND A PORTAL OPENS UP. A CALANDER IS SHOWN SAYING SEPTEMBER 2008
MEANWHILE

EXT: OUTSIDE DOWNTOWN

Notak
Koral, the readings seem to have been coming from this part of the area somewhere.

KORAL
Good Notak we must find it. The energy reading is much too similar to that of the Pearl.

Hirah
And what after we find it Koral?
KORAL
 Hirah, whoever this is harvesting this power, we will make our own and combine it with that of the pearl. With that much power, we will not only be able to conquer worlds, but Galaxies!! We must find it before we return to Legon.


 FADE IN
INT: BASEMENT

DWAINE TAKES ONE LOOK AROUND THEN LOOKS AT THE DEVICE HOLDING IN HIS HANDS AND AT THE TIME. HE ENTERS THE PORTAL

LATER DWAINE FINDS HIMSELF IN A FOREST.
NOTE: THE MAJORITY OF THESE SCENES TAKE PLACE OUTSIDE IN A FOREST
EXT: FOREST

SUDDENLY A LASER RAY HITS BESIDES HIM AND TWO STRANGERS RUN UP BESIDE HIM

JEREK
Hold it right there!
DWAINE
Look I don’t want any trouble!
RAN
Who are you?
DWAINE
My name’s Dwaine! Who are you?
JEREK
I’m Jerek
RAN
Ran!
JEREK
Where did you come from just now?
DWAINE
I came from a time portal I created. Look is this August 19th 1999?

RAN
It’s August 19th all right, but it’s not 1999, it’s 2009.
DWAINE LOOKS AT HIS TIME INVENTION.
DWAINE
You’ve got to be kidding me. All that work and I make a mistake on the time coridox. Dang it!!

JEREK
JEREK
So you created a time portal! (Looks over at Ran) That’s what gave off the energy reading!
RAN
Yeah, it’s a good thing to; we’re not ready for Koral yet!!
DWAINE
Wait, aren’t you guys even amazed or something. I just told you I created a time portal! I’m the first one ever in history to ever invent something like this. I surpassed the great H.G. Wells. Well….
JEREK
Yes, that is amazing for someone on earth to actually create something like that!
DWAINE
What do you mean someone from earth?
RAN
As far we know Dwaine. You’re the last earthling here! Koral continued his rampage on this world, and by November last year- everyone on this planet was gone!

DWAINE
Wait a minute! Who are you guys? And who is this Koral guy you keep talking about? Do you guys know something about what happen in 1999?

JEREK
Yes, we do! We’re not original from here. We’re from a planet called Legon. Legon can be symbolized as a sister planet to earth. Ran and I were part of a protection squad named the Sakari Soldiers. There were six of us! We were chief guardians of the King and Queen of Legon.
DWAINE
King and Queen! You’re kidding me right!
JEREK
No! The King owned something called the Osolas Pearl. The pearl was capable of opening up portals to other worlds.
RAN
It allowed our King and Queen to visit other planets without the use our solar vehicles. It was quick access to allow our planets to gather information and goods. The King would give a grant of peace so that we could share our goods and harvest with those who were in need!

JEREK
We accompanied the King and Queen on every path. Protecting them everywhere they went. It wasn’t until our chief leader, Koral, decided that he wanted more. Once he seen the power of the pearl, he plotted against the King and Queen to overthrow them and take the pearl for himself. Of course he couldn’t do this alone. He needed our help!
RAN
Koral promised us that if we would help him overthrow the King and Queen, we could each use the pearl to conquer and become leader of any planet we wanted.
JEREK
It sounded good for a minute; being a leader, having slaves, so we took him up on his offer. We helped destroy King and Queen and Koral took control of the pearl, and over his empire. It wasn’t long before each of us had a planet to call our own, except for myself, Ran, and Zeo. We were kind of amateurs when we joined the Sakari so we didn’t have very much experience in our skills yet!

RAN
In 1999 is when we found Earth. To us it was the biggest planet ever! Koral wanted this to be our first as a group take over. That’s when Zeo, and Ran and I drew the line. We decided we didn’t want to take part of meaningless destruction. We liked the way things were before- peace! Well, that didn’t settle with Koral too well! There was huge fight between all us of us.
JEREK
Yeah, and because we lacked in our fighting techniques we were defeated and sprayed with mocelian.
DWAINE
What’s mocelian?
JEREK
It’s something that can knock you out for a good amount of time. It’s like being put into suspended animation.

RAN
It wasn’t until the beginning of this year the mocelian wore off. When we woke up, there was no one here but us!
JEREK
That’s why when we heard your portal open up! We thought it was Toral again.
DWAINE
Ok, first of all, your story to me is just that-a story. Something you can read about in the sci-fi magazines. Second, if you guys really ARE who you say you are, how come you’re not dressed in funny clothes, how come you’re not talking in a different language? I mean don’t get me wrong, the laser gun thing did startle for me for a minute-that is defiantly sci-fi, but the other stuff-come on!
JEREK
The time portal you created. It tells me that you are a believer. That anything is possible. Don’t you believe that?
DWAINE SAYS NOTHING
RAN
There are many videos and images of your history life culture. A lot can be learned from a small amount of time. And the clothes, we love to shop your malls!
JEREK
Remember Dwaine, culture and the way we lived on Legon was way more advanced. So we were able to pick of things from here very quickly.

DWAINE
Ok, now you did mention earlier that there were three of you! Zeo I think, what happen to him?

RAN
I’m afraid before we were put into suspended animation. Zeo managed to free himself from the hands of Koral, but later he was found and killed by all of them. He gave this to me before he fled. I managed to keep to hidden away from Koral.
DWAINE
What’s that?
JEREK
Its’ a called a trilligon! It’s what gives us our powers. The power to control our optic energy and the power to transform into Sakari Soldiers.
DWAINE
Guys, I think I have an idea. If I can recalibrate the time sequence and get us back to the year 1999 when Koral first arrived, you think you could help me defeat him! I mean, now that I know my device works, we can go back and time and stop him. And everything would be as it should- back to normal!
THEY START LAUGHING
DWAINE
What’s so funny!
JEREK
Was that your intentions in the first place? Going back in time to stop Koral and the others. If you, and us for that matter, were to go back now, we would be defeated.
DWAINE
How do you know?
JEREK
Why do you think Ran and I are out here! In the middle of no where! We’re training. Koral, and the rest of them have been the only protectors for a long time. They’re much more experienced than us.
RAN
Were trying to surpass their level of skills, so that when the time comes, we’ll be ready!
DWAINE
Ok, but it’s just the two of you right! Why don’t you train me! I could take Zeo’s place. I could help!
JEREK
No offence Dwaine, but I think these powers my be a little too much for an earthling to handle.
DWAINE
Look, if you guys trained hard enough to surpass Koral’s level, how were you planning on getting to him! Were you just going to wait here until he came back again! What is that never happens?
JEREK
Your planet is resourceful. It’s all ready starting to rebuild itself.
DWAINE
Yeah, by nature. But we need human beings to re-build everything else. Buildings, libraries, schools. Look, the question is, if you guys help me become a Sakari Soldier, I’ll help you to get back and take your revenge! Deal!
JEREK AND RAN LOOK AT EACH OTHER
JEREK
Deal! (JEREK HANDS OVER THE OTHER TRILLIGON TO DWAINE)

LATER ON TOREL
KORAL SITTING IN THE LATE KINGS CHAIR
KORAL
Hirah, how long before the Osolas Pearl regains its energy back!
HIRAH
It won’t be long Koral. We just used up so much of its energy with the last decade. It needs to recharge on its own a bit longer.
KORAL
Ok, as soon as it’s finished, I have another planet for us to conquer!
NOTAK
Good, I’m itching for destruction!!

LATER
TRAINNING ONE DAY ONE (WEAPONS)
JEREK
Ok, the first rule of thumb. Know what’s coming before it comes! Great deals of weapons are sometimes used in weakening your opponent. You’ll have to learn how to be proficient in your attacks.
DWAINE
Ok, but these are just plastic swords!
JEREK
The trilligon can turn anything into a powerful weapon. Call upon the power of the trilligon. Yours is the crimizion. Like this! Trilligon- Hertzion! (SUDDDENLY THE PLASTIC SWORD BECOMES A LIGHTSABER SWORD)
DWAINE
This is pretty real isn’t it! I mean that thing could kill me couldn’t it?
JEREK
I will not kill you! But you are right; this does have to be real. Koral and the others are out to destroy. They will have no mercy!! Try it!
DWAINE
Like this- Trilligon-Crimzion! Nothing happened!
JEREK
Believe in its power- don’t doubt that it can’t happen for you. Trust in it!
DWAINE
Right! Trilligon-Crimzion! (IT LIGHTS UP) It worked!
JEREK
Good, now let’s go!
THEY FIGHT FOR A WHILE UNTIL JEREK OVERCOMES DWAINE
JEREK
You’re not concentrating! You have to focus on what you’re doing!
DWAINE
Was this easy for you when you first started?
JEREK
Actually yes!
DWAINE
Show off!
JEREK
Ok, now concentrate! Let the power of the trilligon take over your body!
FIGHT-DWAINE OVERCOMES JEREK
JEREK
Now that’s more like it!

TRAINNING DAY TWO (Wielding the power)
RAN
Each trilligon hold its own unique power structure. Wielding that power and using it wisely, could be the outcome of defeat or prevail. Try to block my fire blast rays.
DWAINE
You’re what!!
RAN
Just concentrate and call on the trilligon as you did before, when you see me about to attack, you block and counter-got it! We’re going to start from a distance.
RAN WALKS BACK A BIT
RAN
Ok, Trilligon- Azion! RAN FORMS ONE FIRE BALLS IN HIS HAND


DWAINE
Ok, concentrate! Trilligon- Crimizion. (A LIGHTING BOLT FORMS IN BETWEEN DWAINE’S HANDS)
DWAINE
I don’t believe it!

RAN
Ready!
DWAINE
Yeah!
RAN THROWS THE FIRE BLAZE TOWARDS DWAINE
DWAINE THROWS OUT A LIGHTING BOLT TO BLOCK. DWAINE IS SOON OVERCOME BY THE FIRE BLAZE

RAN
You’re not giving it your all! If you don’t push yourself to the limit you’re going to be easily defeated.
DWAINE
This is hard!
RAN
It’s not hard! You have to concentrate on what’s inside of you. You must make your heart and mind work together as one! Focus now!
RAN
Trilligon- Azion
DWAINE
Trilligon-Crimzion!
THE TWO FIRE AGAIN AT EACH OTHER. RAN FORMS TWO FIRE BALLS AND DOUBLES THE FIRE BLAZE. DWAINE DOUBLES THE LIGHTNING BLAST. THIS TIME DWAINE OVERCOMES RAN
RAN
Good!
JEREK WALKS UP TO THEM!
JEREK
Well…
RAN
He’s ready for lesson three! Zeo!!!
DWAINE LOOKS CONFUSED
LATER WHILE WALKING
DWAINE
I thought you guys said Zeo was dead!
JEREK
He is, but Zeo was one of our best combat fighters. Before he died, on Legon, he created a times ten holographic training regiment. It allowed us to combat train with him at times when the real deal wasn’t around.
DWAINE
What do you mean by times ten?
KYLE
Well, before all of our holographic combat regiments were a little too transparent. We couldn’t feel our hits, and sometimes we would also loose site of the target. Times ten was the new holographic engine the King himself built. He simply quadrupled the holographic interface; to make the opponent seem more real.

JEREK
Yep, now the opponent looks and feels like the real thing. It’ll be wise for you to practice what we taught you for a few days. You’re going to need it!

TRAINNING DAY 3- ZEO
JEREK
Ok, here we go!
JEREK PUSHES THE BUTTON ON A DEVISE.

DWAINE
Wow, so this was Zeo huh!
JEREK
Yep! We upgraded his image profile to give his clothing a more modern earthly look-like us!
RAN
I suggest we start him off at level 3!
JEREK
Now Dwaine, Just because he’s a hologram doesn’t mean that you’re not going to feel his hits! You’re going to have to combine the training you learned from us, plus be able to be him in physical combat!
DWAINE
I think I’ll be ok.
RAN
 Remember; use the power of the trilligon to help you!

JEREK
Ran and I are going to go train over there. Once you defeat Zeo, the hologram will automatically shut off! Good luck!

WHILE WALKING OFF
RAN
You think he has a chance?

JEREK
He made it this far. I think he’ll come through ok! - I hope!

ZEO
My name is Zeo. Sakari Soldier 6. This is my holographic training regiment set at level 0003. Are you ready?

DWAINE
It talks too! Man, Oookay! Ready!! Trilligon- Crimzion

ZEO
Trilligon- Zeon
A FIGHT SCENE OCCURS. ZEO USES WEAPONS AND ELEMENT POWER EFFECTS. KNOCKING DOWN DWAINE TWICE

DWAINE
I don’t know if I can do this!
ZEO
My readings indicate that you are loosing stamina. Shall we continue?


MEANWHILE RAN AND JEREK ARE FIGHTING
CUT BACK TO ZEO AND DWAINE
DWAINE
Yes! Ok, the power of the trilligon! Focus, concentrate!

A FIGHT STARTS AGAIN, THIS TIME DWAINE KNOCKS DOWN ZEO
ZEO THEN THROWS SOME NEW TRICKS AT HIM BY SUPERSPEED HITTING DWAINE FROM ALL SIDES. DWAINE IS HIT DOWN THEN TRIES TO FOCUS ON A TRICK OF HIS OWN. HE DISAPPERS AND REAPPEARRS HITTING ZEO FROM ALL SIDES. HE THEN DISPERSES A BRIGHT OPTIC RAY AT WHICH DEFEATS ZEO. AFTER THE DEFEAT HE COLLAPSES.

WHILE COMING INTO FOCUS AND SEEING JEREK AND RAN- RAN OFFERS HIM HIS HAND
RAN
You did it Dwaine!

JEREK
Good job!

DWAINE
Thanks, man he was tough!
RAN
You only defeated a simulation-not the real thing!!

DWAINE
I’d hate to fight the real Zeo! So, with all this training, how do I actually become a Sakari Soldier?

RAN
You’ve upgraded to the final level. Once you are ready to combine your soul with that of the trilligon- you’ll automatically transform.

JEREK
You must become one with the trilligon!
DWAINE
I have to get to work on my device.
RAN
I had an observation! Maybe with our trilligon’s powers combined we may be able to redirect the portal to open up on Legon.
DWAINE
You mean for it to open on Legon before the attack on earth.

RAN
If possible-yes!
DWAINE
I’ll get to work on it, see what I can do about the time coridox!

LATER

NOTAK
Koral, the Oslas Pearl is nearly charged now!

KORAL
Good, then it won’t be long now! After it is completed we will set forth to the planet Golixus.

MEANWHILE
RAN AND JEREK ARE TALKING SOMEWHERE AWAYS FROM DWAINE WHO IS WORKING ON HIS DEVICE
RAN
So do you really think we’ll have a chance this time against Koral and the others?
JEREK
We’re a lot stronger than before, and we know how to correctly wield powers of the trilligon.

RAN
Yeah, but what about Dwaine? He’s never been a Sakari Soldier, and he’s never been to Legon!

JEREK
I picked up a book I found here the other day! It was called the Bible, and I started reading it. I found that it has a lot of interesting history about earthlings who believed in who they called Jehovah or God. A lot of them did amazing things because of there faith in him. It reminded me how we had faith in our King to make the right decisions for our people. We say that using the trilligon requires us to have our heart and mind as one, but maybe we should have something else, maybe we should have faith! Faith in us and faith in Dwaine!
RAN KNODS

LATER
DWAINE
Ok, I’m finished; it’s set to take us back to 1999. The day right before Koral, as you call him, came to earth.
JEREK
Ok, we must get ready to combine our trilligon powers. Dwaine once you open the portal, point your trilligon towards it!

DWAINE
Ok, here we go!
DWAINE OPENS THE PORTAL
JEREK
Now
THEY ALL POINT THERE TRILLIGONS TOWARDS THE PORTAL AT WHICH IT TURNS A DIFFERENT COLOR.

RAN
I think it worked!
JEREK
Ok, time to transform!
RAN
Ok
JEREK
Dwaine, remember, heart and mind as one!
DWAINE KNODS
JEREK
Trilligon- Hertzion- transformation initiate!
RAN
Trilligon-Azion-tranformation initiate!

DWAINE
Ok, concentrate! Trilligon-Crimzion- transformation initiate!

THEY ALL TRANSFORM
SOON A PORTAL OPENS UP ON LEGON NEAR THE CASTLE
INT: INSIDE A DARK CASTLE

KORAL
What’s that!
NOTAK
I don’t know! But it sounds similar like the pearls portal
HIRAH
We better go find out!

JEREK
Hey Toral, miss us!
TORAL
What! I thought we left you on that miserable planet.
RAN
Oh no, I think the trilligon’s interference with portal just took us straight to the present- to Legon!
DWIANE
You mean we’re not in 1999!

HIRAH
Zeo... but how... I thought we…
DWAINE
Sorry, but my name’s Dwaine
NOTAK
Dwaine, what kind of name is that?
DWAINE
It’s a name you’re going to remember-I betcha that!
Koral
Enough talk! Notak, Hirah, lets shut them down!
RAN
Let’s split up! I’ll take Notak!
DWAINE
I’ll take the green guy! Um what’s his name?
RAN
Hirah!
DWAINE
Yeah, him!
JEREK
That leaves me with the boss man!

THEY ALL SPLIT UP

NOTAK
Long time no see Ran!
RAN
Same here Notak!
NOTAK
Have your skills improved any?
RAN
Why don’t you come find out!
NOTAK
With pleasure!!
FIGHT
HIRAH
So, a new guy huh! This is going to be easy!
DWAINE
I wouldn’t count me out so easily! I’ve learned a lot!
HIRAH
Really, let’s see how much you’ve learned!
FIGHT
KORAL
So, Jerek, I thought for sure I’d never see YOU again!
JEREK
Well you thought wrong Koral. I’m back and I’m going to take you down!
KORAL
Hmmph, tough talk for a weakling!
JEREK
All is not as it seems Koral. I’m not the same as I use to be!
KORAL
Is that so!
JEREK
Yeah, some come now! Waiting are you waiting for, an invitation?
KORAL
Yes, to your funeral!!!
FIGHT




NOTAK
Ughhhhh! You have improved! Interesting?
RAN
It’s going to get more interesting in just a minute!!

RAN GETS KNOCKED DOWN
NOTAK
You have your head up too high Ran. I’m still more advanced, even with your new abilities.
RAN
…….
NOTAK
Why don’t you give up this charade and come back to join us! We have a new planet we have found to conquer. Come join us old friend, let us rule together!

RAN
No! I fight for peace and forever will fight for it!
RAN BEATS NOTAK
NOTAK
Ughhhhhhh!

DWAINE KICKS DOWN HIRAH

Ughhh! You’ve trained well earthling. But not well enough…..!
HIRAH HITS DWAINE SEVERAL TIMES
HIRAH
You don’t know what your doing fool! You can never be a Sakari Soldier.
DWAINE
I will be!

KORAL AND JEREK SHARE EQUAL HITS
KORAL
Good! Very Good! Looks like I finally have an equal!
JEREK
Equal! No! I will surpass you Koral!
KORAL
No one SURPASSES MEEEEE!
FIGHT SCENE
KORAL TAKES SOME BLOWS THEN IS FINALLY KNOCKED DOWN
KORAL
But how….

JEREK
There’s something on earth called will power- you outta try it sometime!!

MEANWHILE RAN AND JEREK WALK UP TO DWAINE WHO WAS STILL FIGHTING HIRAH
HIRAH KNOCKS DOWN DWAINE AGAIN!
RAN
We should help!
JEREK
No, he has to do this on his own!
HIRAH
Why don’t you give up! It’s no use, you can’t win!
DWAINE THINKS BACK TO HIS TRAINNING AND THE WORDS OF RAN SAYING HIS HEART AND MIND MUST BE ONE
DWAINE
No! I will not give up!
Trilligon-Crimzion- Power Force!
JEREK
What! How did he learn that!
RAN
Amazing!
HIRAH
What’s this!
DWAINE LETS OUT A HUGE POWER BEAM DESTROYING HIRAH

HIRAH
Noooooo!!

RAN
Dwaine you did it!
DWAINE
Yeah, - I did!
JEREK
The Osolas Pearl!
JEREK GRABS THE PEARL
JEREK
Let’s go!
DWAINE
Wait, this is you guys home! You don’t want to stay!
RAN
There’s nothing for us here now!

JEREK
 Come on, let’s power down and get back!
LATER THE PORTAL OPENS UP AND THE THREE COME THROUGH.
EXT: FOREST
DWAINE
Guys, there’s something wrong with the device. It’s gonna blow!
DWAINE THROWS IT
DWAINE
Take over!!

THE DEVICE BLOWS UP AND THE PORTAL CLOSES.
JEREK
I guess the trilligon powers had an overload effect on your device.
DWAINE
How am I going to get back to 1999?
JEREK LOOKS AT THE OSOLAS PEARL
RAN
Wait Jerek, I know what you’re thinking! But think if we go back to 1999 at his point in time, everything is just going to repeat itself .Koral will come and destroy everything all over again.
JEREK
I believe the Osolas pearl can do more than what it seems. What if we didn’t have to go back to the past, what if we could bring the past here!
DWAINE
What do you mean!
JEREK
The people, the land, bring everything back here to this point in time!
RAN
You really think the Osolas pearl can do that?
JEREK
We will need to combine our trilligon powers as we did before and aim it at the pearl. I think with a little bit of luck and faith- this will work! Come on!
THEY ALL POINT THERE TRILLIGONS AT THE PEARL. THE PEARL LITES UP. SUDDENLY THE THREE ARE SEEN STANDING IN THE SAME SPOT
DWAINE
Did it work?
RAN
Is everyone back?
THEY LOOK AROUND
DWAINE
You guys here that?
JEREK
Yeah, it’s coming from over there!
THEY RUN FOR A MINUTE TO FIND SOME KIDS PLAYING AT THE PARK
DWAINE
We did it! Everyone’s back!
RAN
Do you think everyone will realize they’re in the year 2008?
JEREK
I don’t know, guess we’ll just have to wait and see!!

MEANWHILE
A DARK FIGURE LURKS IN THE PRESENCE OF THE FALLEN KORAL AND NOTAK
KORAL
Urghhhhh! Who is there! Jerek!
DARKHEART
No! I am Darkheart! Emperor of the Bolis galaxy! I have come seeking the Osolas Pearl. Where is it?
HIRAH
Koral!!
KORAL
Where is Hirah?
DARKHEART
Answer me!
KORAL
Look, I don’t know who you think you are, but I’m leader here!
HIRAH
Koral, the Osolas Pearl…it’s gone!!
KORAL
What! Jerek!!!
DARKHEART
The Pearl is gone! You Fool!
DARKHEART HITS KORAL WITH AN EYE BEAM RAY
KORAL
Agghhh!
DARKHEART
The energy from that pearl was to help power up my supreme creation- the Dark Dragon. You Koral and Hirah will be taking orders from me from now on! We will retrieve the Osolas Pearl back, and when we do, the entire universe will be mine! Ha ha haaaa!


THE END





























      
      
      
      
      

 

 

Copyright © 2008 Delmar Burkett
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"