Quotes
Mark Bowen

 


Usually a person has more faith in their fear than faith in their future.
--Doug Firebaugh
The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your problems, block your fears, and score your points when you get the opportunity.
--Unknown
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.
--Michel de Montaigne
Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear.
--Brian Tracy
Have a vision not clouded by fear.
--Cherokee Proverb
We have nothing to fear but fear itself
--Franklin D. Roosevelt
Love is always creative, fear always destructive.
--Emmet Fox
You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.
--Eric Hoffer
How much do we lose when we fear to lose anything
--Howard J. Lancet
The greatest weakness of all is the great fear of appearing weak.
--Jacques Benigne Bossuet
We fear things in proportion to our ignorance of them. Truth is often eclipsed but never extinguished. A person under the firm persuasion that he can command resources virtually has them.
--Unknown check this
A thousand men enslaved fear one beast free.
--Victor Hugo The Saga of the Beast
Needless fear and panic over disease and misfortune that seldom materialize are simply bad habits. By proper ventilation and illumination of the mind it is possible to cultivate tolerance, poise and real courage.
--Elie Metchnikoff
Envy and fear cause the face to pale, and love makes it glow.
--Paramhansa Yogananda
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.
--Helen Keller
A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
--Spanish proverb
You don't face your fears, you stand up to them.
--Unknown
Fear not that your life will someday end. Fear only that you do nothing with it.
--Unknown
Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do.
--Pope John XXIII
Anything I've ever done that ultimately was worthwhile initially scared me to death.
--Betty Bender
If a man harbors any sort of fear, it makes him landlord to a ghost.
--Lloyd Douglas
We promise according to our hopes and perform according to our fears.
--Francois, Duc de La Rochefoucauld (1613-1680)
As we are liberated from our own fear our presence automatically liberates others.
--Marianne Williamson - "Our Deepest Fear" from her book "A Return To Love" 1994 inaugural speech.
Worry is a sustained form of fear caused by indecision.
--Brian Tracy
The key to change . . . is to let go of fear.
--Rosanne Cash
Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?
--Mary Manin Morrissey author
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain
--Frank Herbert Dune
Fear; if allowed free rein, would reduce all of us to trembling shadows of men, for whom only death could bring release
--John M. Wilson
We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.
--Edward R. Murrow
Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals.
--Dr. James Naismith, the father of basketball
Football is like life, it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
--Vince Lombardi
We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time.
--Vince Lombardi
There is no I in TEAM.
--Unknown
Your opponent, in the end, is never really the player on the other side of the net, or the swimmer in the next lane, or the team on the other side of the field, or even the bar you must high-jump. Your opponent is yourself, your negative internal voices, your level of determination.
--Grace Lichtenstein American Writer & Editor
Men forget everything; women remember everything. That's why men need instant replays in sports. They've already forgotten what happened.
--Rita Rudner
If you can't accept losing, you can't win.
--Vince Lombardi
Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
--Vince Lombardi
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
--Robert Louis Stevenson
Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
--Unknown
If you're going through hell, keep going.
--Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965) British Statesman, Prime Minister, Author
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind.
--Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
Man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?
--Robert Browning
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
--Mahatma Gandhi
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.
--Sir Winston Churchill
To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world
--Unknown
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you too, can become great.
--Mark Twain

The man who has no imagination has no wings.
--Muhammad Ali
To imagine the unimaginable is the highest use of the imagination.
--Cynthia Ozick US novelist, short-story writer

Great things are only possible with outrageous requests.
--Thea Alexander
The great are great to us only because we are on our knees. Let us arise.
--Robert Collier
I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.
--Muhammad Ali



Superior leaders get things done with very little motion. They impart instruction not through many words, but through a few deeds. They keep informed about everything but interfere hardly at all. They are catalysts, and though things would not get done as well if they were not there, when they succeed they take no credit. And, because they take no credit, credit never leaves them.
--Lao-Tzu
The reason we die, is because we accept it as an inevitability. Love's just a waste of our energy.
Om Asatoma Sadgamaya
Tamasoma Jyoti Gamaya
Myrityoma Amritam Gamaya
From delusion lead me to Truth
From darkness lead me to Light
From death lead me to eternal life.

--Hindu prayer from the Sanskrit - Universal Prayer
Be of good cheer about death and know this as a truth
--that no evil can happen to a good man, either in life or after death.
--Socrates
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living, but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love, but there is also always some reason in madness
--Friedrich Nietzsche
You should always learn, with life comes wisdom and with wisdom comes the courage to live your life selflessly. The more you learn about yourself and the experiences surrounding your life the more opportunities you have to make your life better and more fulfilling.
--Amy Candy
Neither evil tongues, rash judgments, nor the sneers of selfish men, nor greetings where no kindness is, nor all the dreary intercourse of daily life, shall ever prevail against us.

For everything there is a season,
And a time for every matter under heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
A time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
A time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to seek, and a time to lose;
A time to keep, and a time to throw away;
A time to tear, and a time to sew;
A time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate,
A time for war, and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Pain is Temporary, Pride Last Forever.

I have within me the strength to overcome all challenges.

I have the courage to face my fears and go beyond them.

With dedication I achieve all I desire.




If you do today what you did yesterday
you�ll be beaten.
If you do today what others are doing now
you�ll be competitive.
To win, you must seek to do today
what others will be doing tomorrow.
A Quote by Rob De Costella

We want not only to live but to have something to live for. For some people this means to pursue excellence through sport.

My greatest power in life is my power to choose. I am the final authority over me. I make me.

Where the mind goes, everything follows.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step.

The one thing over which you have absolute control is your own thoughts. It is this that puts you in position to control your own destiny.

Control your emotion or it will control you.

Heart in champions has to do with depth of your motivation and how ell your mind and body react to pressure, that is, being able to do what you do best under maximum pain and stress.

Your Images lead your reality.

To be there with not ever having been there, that is the goal of simulation.

Belief is the mother of reality. Excellence is a state of mind.

Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.


When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."


It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
- Mark Twain

The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive. And don't ever apologize for anything.
- Harry S. Truman

Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to he waited for; it is a thing to be achieved.
- William Jennings Bryan

Let it never be forgotten that glamour is not greatness; applause is not fame; prominence is not eminence. The person of the hour is not apt to be the person of the ages. It is what the unimportant do that really counts and determines the course of history. The world would soon die but for the fidelity, loyalty, and consecration of those whose names are unhonored and unsung.
- John R. Sizoo

When you're as great as I am, it's hard to be humble.
- Muhammad Ali

The price of greatness is responsibility.
- Sir Winston Churchill

The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
- Michelangelo




Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion.
- Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things.
- Denis Diderot

A leader is best when people barely know that he exists, not so good when people obey and acclaim him, worst when they despise him. "Fail to honor people, They fail to honor you." But of a good leader, who talks little, When his work is done, his aim fulfilled, They will all say, "We did this ourselves."
- Lao Zi

When you understand what you see, you will no longer be children. You will know that life is pain, that each of us hangs always upon the cross of himself. And when you know that this is true of every man, woman and child on earth, you will be wiser.
- Whittaker Chambers

 

 

Copyright © 2005 Mark Bowen
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"