Diary Of Lily The Sleeping Princess (1)
Latina Torrence

 

Entry 1
Wow my first entry. Am was not sure why exactly I stole this. I didn’t really imagine myself using it. But now I have it and why not use it. Am happy today because it’s the perfect weather. I will not going to freeze and the night air is clear. The stars are bright out. Glistening and free in open space. Oops sorry I got ahead of my self. I best I better start off with my name. Lily. I don’t have a last name that I know of. So you can call me Lily and it is nice to meet you. Haha, here I am treating you are a person. Instead you are better then that. You don’t spat at me and call me a street rat. Oh yea am a orphan by the way. No family. I was just abandoned. I don’t know when or where. I always thought deep inside I did know but I didn’t want to remember. But who would. Who would actually enjoy thinking about when your parents dumping you some where because they didn’t want you any more. I know I didn’t so if there was those memories am happy for them to stay right where they are.
I went off track again. So back what I was saying. Hi I am Lily the street seven-teen year old, orphan who steal notebooks. I know its grim but it is true. You are probably wondering well if I was a orphan on the streets how could I read or write and survived. Well to answer your reading and writing question I don’t know. Plain and simple don’t you think. Gloria always said I was special with many gifts waiting to be unlock. Here I go again rambling on with out fully explain myself. I did have a family once. Small but it was still a family. Gloria. She took me in. She told me how she found me wondering the streets with a lost look in my eyes. She said she could see them crystal green beaming from across the streets. She waited to approach me because she didn’t know if a royal family owned and I simply got lost. She noticed my cloths weren’t royal but it was a possibility I was a lost servant girl. Anything worst that a royal hate is when people try to take from them specially those who serve them. She kept a close tab on me and when it finally came apparent I was alone she came to me. She said I had not idea where I was or where I came from. You know how earlier I said I was seven-teen well am not too sure. I could be older or younger. I didn’t know my birthday and Gloria just guess I was five and the day she found me was my new birthday.
Its so funny because I don’t remember anything. All I know is one day I woke up and Gloria was there and never left. She never left until. Well I was six-teen. I don’t like talking about it but the stories will seem extremely incomplete. Also your not a real person. I can tell you all my secrets. Well we under the bridge by the fire. I was laying down wrapped up in a blanket. It was cold the night but warmer then most winter night. The water was bringing in a breeze and with ever wave the smashed into the bank it was like a cold shock the ran up to my feet and head. Gloria was sitting up when he approached here. He look so frightening form the beginning. About six feet with deep brown hair, steady and strong figure like he could just fling cars around with his pinky. He wore a black suit. You could see the he was royal in every move he made. His eyes. I will never forget the eyes. They were what seemed liquid black and brown spicks. I know it sounds odd but that’s how they were and I will never forget them or him. Gloria looked at him as he came form the side. She froze. I never seen her so scared.. She managed to get out in a shaky voice for me to run.
“Leave now!” I heard her scream. Her voice was so raspy as if the cold has frozen her voice. I can still now here it ringing so clear in my head. So I ran. I know am a coward and I could never forgive myself. At the time I just knew if one thing you do is do what Gloria tells you. No questions asked. I had learned that because what ever it was. It was to help me. But I didn’t run far. My head was screaming don’t leave her but my body wouldn’t stop. Finally I go control of my body and looked back. Gloria was in the air now dangling from her neck. I could hear him screaming at her then such a noise I could never describe or forget and then there was the sound of the sword leaving her body after that she fell with a thud. Her blood ran into the lake causing the full moon’s shadow to turn red… Sorry I wanted to wipe my tears before it hit your pages. So as I was saying. So when I saw the way she laid I screamed. I could see her chest slowly raisin and with every breath blood dripped from the side of her mouth. Yes thanks to fully light moon I could see it all. Every detail. Then I felt those eyes one me. I looked up and I could see easy the side of his lips curl up in a smile. He then he pointed his sword at me almost fully grinning now and pointed it downward toward Gloria’s body and with what it seemed all his might stabbed her. I couldn’t stand there any longer. I know it was a sign that he would come after me. So once again as a coward I ran. I ran until I felt my leg will fall from under me. That night I dreamed of her. Back when she found me. Smiling that what always seems to be a pearl white smile and warm arms welcoming me.
I been running every since. Almost two years now since Gloria was taken from me and I have sworn to get him back. Who ever he was. I even managed to become quite skillful with knives and swords I find. I got a sword from a royal‘s trash. Hardest garages to get into but I did. I was alone until now. Now I got you. Sounds very pathetic but a black hard cover white pages to fill void of loneliness. Well I think I made you useful enough now. Am going to bed and probably wont ever do this again. It pointless right. Well good-bye my new now will be old friend.


Entry 2

Hello again. I know I said I wasn’t coming back and it was quite rude of me. After all we just meant. Actually I just couldn’t stay away. I was laying here under the stars the fire I managed to get going crackling behind. Nothing interesting today. But I felt I had to report it. Like a checking in with your mom when you go out some where. I would imagine what would a mom would like to know. Gloria always did. In a way I guess you can say she was my mom. From now on she is my mom. I would have never thought this way if I wasn’t writing it all down. I guess you are useful in ways. But this is defiantly the last entry. So once again good bye friend. I was polite enough to stay at least two nights now. So now we are good. Am not no longer a rude by just using you once and giving you up. Right?

Entry 3

Hi again. I bet you now your really sick of me coming and swearing I was leaving and never coming back. Well I actually decided to keep you. I even carry you in a bag. Yes I did steal that too. Its how am writing you now and telling you this news. Well not news but something that has never happened before and for some unknown reason a feeling of a excitement is rushing though my body. I figure if I tell you it can be explained. I was walking down by the bank of the lake. The sun was out and up high. It was getting warmer as spring is approaching. The ice on the lake was not slush. I was walking with my head down as over the years I learned to do and still stay attend of. I don’t know how it happened for a split second I wasn’t. I know am a idiot. Anything could have a happened. The black eyed man could have snuck up on me. Well I don’t know his name so its black eyed man for now on. Best I can come up with. So anyway I was walking and for that one split second. Maybe longer like five or so I bumped into someone. I caught my balance quickly which is a another most skill. Specially for a thief like myself. Inhaled a breath just ready to spit out a few words I was always popped in the mouth for saying. But before I should say anything or look up I heard him speak in a soft spoken voice.
“Oh am so sorry madam.” He said so calmly
Then I looked up. I wish I hadn’t. He had creamy skin with the brightest honey like brown eyes. His hair that was put up in a pony tail was black that ran down his back. For some reason as he talked I stared at his perfect lips forming words. I gasped for air because I realized I wasn’t breathing. I just stared him breathing heavy like a dope as he keep saying he was sorry. He then put his hand on my arm and I jerk. It was instead reflex. I sized him up and down and realized he was a royal. Suddenly I felt sick in my stomach because even with this information processed in my head I still admired him and his features. So guess what I did. Me the genius. Ran. Yes another cowardly move. I took off like the devil him self was chasing me. Before I turned and ran I could see the stunned look in his face as I look one more time in those eyes. Then I ran and never looked back. It thought I heard him calling after me but I just keep going. Now here I am sitting on a crate in a alley realizing how much of a stupid cowardly idiot I was. I should have said something . “Like it was okay or your wonderful eyes made me forget the incident. “
Whoa what was I thinking. He was a ROYAL!! He probably would have had me hung just for touching him. Let alone me saying such sappy things. A Street urchin like me who dares bump into a royal. I need to be more careful and make sure it doesn’t happen again. For god sakes forget about him. Just another digesting royal who thinks they can do what ever they want. Uh oh I better go I hear a store owner coming back here. Probably the guy who’s crate am sitting on. I better steal it.
Well am back and yes I had successfully stolen the crate. It was full of apples that were just picked.. Am actually eating one now and as if I didn’t think the day could get any weirder it did. As I was running in between streets as such I heard a bark. At first I thought I have stirred up the attention of a viscous dog. So I ran faster and the dog was still behind me. I could hear how his paws were hitting the street scrapping his nails at the same time. I looked back for the first time and say a black fuzzy dog with tongue out and all. He was enjoying this. It look damped and not groomed in any form or fashion. I figured eventually it would stop chasing me. I finally stop running and I looked back he was still there! Walking three feet from me tongue still out as if he was smiling. The crate was getting heavy and I couldn’t run any more. Finally walking was being coming unbearable and the sun was going down. I made camp in a abandon part of the park. Abandon like me. Anyways when I sat down and built a fire for getting all about my four legged stalker I turn and there he was. Just sitting there watching me with his tongue out and that dog like smile. Finally I had enough and took out a knife and cut into a apple. I hope you weren’t thinking I was going after the dog. Am not a cruel royal who just get rid of unappealing people or dog in this case as if they were garbage. I extended my hand out to him
“Come on its freshly stole right out the alley.” I laughed at my little joke. And in no time he ran over. I braced me self when I seen him almost one foot from me and not slowing down. I screamed “Stop!” and he did. At a perfect heel. Well that beats me having to train him. Then I thought did that mean I was keeping him. But of course why not. Am alone and he is alone. He crawled under my arm and still is there now waggling his tail as I scratch his ears. I decided to name him Toji which meant swift in Sakken. It was Gloria’s language she taught me. She was originally from outside the city. I had never been. Too afraid. A coward. I asked her to tell me stories. It sounded wonderful and scary all at the same time. I veered off again. Well back to my new friend Toji. Wow this family is just building up isn’t it. One day am alone next thing I know I got you and Toji.
As I pet him gently and his matted fur which by the way he is getting a bath tomorrow once I steal a another brush for him. Friends or not I don’t want dog hair running through mine hair. Gloria use to say I had such beautiful hair but I never believed her. I never believed anything see said about my looks. every time I looked in the cracked mirror all I saw was a street orphan staring back at me. So I was telling him about my “bumps in” with the royal. Yes I know talking to dogs I have reached a new low. Yet it seems as he was carefully listening to every detail and if he could he would tell me back. Maybe say “ You’re a sickening idiot for even looking at a royal in such away.” Then again I don’t think that is his personally it. He would probably say it in a more polite way in the end I was still a sickening idiot.
Argh! I cant get him out of my mind. Toji passed out now and it just me. Me, you, the stars and thought of him running through my head. His eyes and the way he looked at me. Him saying madam. Treating like I was not a street urchin. He had to have known just by the way I look. My cloths and my hair. He looked sad a little when I first glanced in those hypnotic eyes of his then joy when felt him look in mine. Could the joy had been because of me? Pfft he was probably just taking pity on me that’s why he said madam and the bolt of joy was him thinking how clever of him it was to humor me. Knowing that I might at this very moment be thinking about our encounter. Well I will not let him win! For this moment on I will forget him. I will not even remember those eyes. When I wake up tomorrow it will just be another day. Nothing will happen like that again and I will never see him again. Royal aren’t nice to people like me and Toji. Well dog like Toji. Anything not full breed by their superior blood is worthless. As if it was such a honor. Ha! Well just great now am going to go to bed riled up and upset. Stupid royal’s .Well good night my friend. Kali in Sakken meaning goodnight.

Entry 4

Good morning. I woke up fairly earlier. Its dawn the sun barely reach the horizon. You wont believe it. I dreamt it. The gukia royal. Gukia is a bad word in Sakken. I picked those up easy from Gloria. Anyways I couldn’t believe it. What was he doing there? It was weird really. I was walking along the bank like in real life and then instead of looking down I was facing forward. I watched him come to me. Every step he took it was so majestic like. When we were faced to faced I looked into his eyes. I could feel him as if he was looking right through me. As if he knew me and I knew him. Every ounce and my soul was flowing to his eyes. Writing about it and seeing it in words it seems ridiculous. We all know it don’t work like that. No such thing as happy ending and for sure on street roamer be with a royal. Now am really laughing. I even woke up Toji. He raised his head in alert, looked around and when he realized there was no threat went back to sleep. Little does he know he is getting a bath today. Now I may live in the street but I still know a bit about decent hygiene. Am going to go “shopping” for the things I need for such a mission. He looks like the type to who will be corruptive.
Well the bath was more or less successful but something even crazier happened but to build suspense for my own sick amusement I will start from the beginning. I walked down to the bank. Not to far from a bridge but not by the bridge where Gloria was taken from me even thou time from time I put flowers there. I hadn’t recently. As if I couldn’t bring myself to do it. Like it said coward. Where I did go is where I bumped into him. Don’t ask me why I knew there was a slim chance to ever seeing him again. But if there was I wanted that chance. Just so I can make sure he is the scum he was suppose to be. So I was down there washing Toji and what a hassle that was. I knew it, and I knew he would not like it. I had to chase him in circle. He was running with his tongue out with that smile of his. People stopped and look for a moment some even giggled. I finally jumped and landing right on him. He squirmed under me trying to get away. Now I was laughing manically celebrating my victory. I grabbed him around the neck(not in a hurting way of course) and dragged him into the water. It was fairly warmer then I expected. The ice had completely melted which makes since the sun has been way hotter in the last few days. Spring is here. I dumped as much shampoo that I had swept earlier on him as fast as I could and rubbed it in. I began then dunking him under water. He kicked and tried to wiggle away but I had him by the fur. I screamed his name over and for him to hold still. He wasn’t obedient then. Finally he was clean and I let him go. He paddles as fast as he could to shore. I still had some shampoo left so I pour it in my hand then massaged in my black hair. I then dunk my head and began washing it out. When I cam back up with a dramatic splash(yes I know lame but I like doing it) I saw everyone staring in my direction. I wiped my eyes to make sure it wasn’t a trick. But it wasn’t.
“What you never say some one wash their hair before.” I cried out also thinking in the back of my mind has my dramatic splash been too much? Then I realized they paid no attention to me. So I turned around and there he was. Oh you know who. Yes him. Standing on the outer side of the bridge looking down and hanging like a idiot. I too did something like a idiot. I screamed and that was only one of my idiot moves. Same old me.
So after I screamed which was pretty loud to then cause them too look at me he too looked at me. My mind was racing. “Are you out your mind!” I hadn’t realized that I said it out loud till I saw him look down my way. Even at that height I could see him staring at me. No once again through. For a instead I felt digested. What could he possible had to want to kill him self for. He had all. He was a royal so then another bright idea I scream once more at him. “If your going to jump then do it already so we can go back to our lives.” I couldn’t believe what was coming out my mouth. I wanted to stop but I couldn’t words just kept flowing. “Just get off the damn bridge or jump.” I could se ehim puzzled. Scanning me trying to remember. I then said on more thing. A part of me wanted to do it do he would remember. Remember me and I don’t know why this was important but I had it to make it happen so I yelled again.” If you jump at least then I wont have to worry about you bumping into me.” I study his face and I was stunned. Was that a smile I just saw? No it must be the height. It had to be. He wouldn’t smile at me.
I saw him shifting his weight and I held my breath. He was going to jump and it would be my fault. Just then I realized he was trying to turn back and get off. I let out a breath in relief but then the most unexpected thing happened. I saw it as it happened. All I could do was scream. I was horrified. His foot slip and he was falling down in front of me and crashed into the water. The current was a lot stronger there and I knew he wouldn’t make it. No not him. Some one use to swimming in pools and such. So my idiotic ideas kicked in. Perfect timing as always. I dove under water and made a dash for him. In my mind I was yelling at myself. Saying I was nuts and going to drown along with him. My mind was screaming we both were going to die. Some one will care for him about what abut me. Just like that night with Gloria I couldn’t control my body it just keep swimming and coming up for air. Then I went under once more and open my eyes. There he was floating there. Crazy of me course I for a spilt second admire him. Why I asked myself? Why was I doing this? What do I expect to happen? All as this race through my head I grabbed him and head for the surface.
We both grasp for air. “Thank God he is breathing.” I thought. I never thanked God for anything. I hardly understood what he was or who he was. They say he gives us everything. I say he take it all. Specially treatment to the royals. They where who he gave everything too. Here I am thanking him. He did say him who is a royal. I cradled him under my arm and used my other arm to stroke. Like a little girl I thought for a second or well a minute I dawned on how I couldn’t believe I was holding him. I was touching him. Then again I felt sick. Am touching a royal. I should let him drown right now. Then they will know what it is like to not have God. Those royals do what they want and take who and what they want but I was getting closer to the bank. I didn’t stop. As I thought about letting him go my grip got tighter. It was my last chance to let go. I reached the bank and dragged him onto land. I was breathing heavy and the most I ever did. People started to crowd and I saw him open his eyes. I panicked and tried to run but it started to get black around me. I feel down and felt Toji’s tongue on my face. I heard people gasping and a panic and then nothing. Everything went black. I dreamed of him again but I don’t remember too much about it. It was all a blur but I felt him. Touching me, looking at my soul. He was like finding a missing pieces of a puzzle. Gloria was there as well. She was rubbing her hands through my hair tell me how beautiful it was. Now am awake in the bed.
No one came in and I had to write you but am tired and feel am going to faint. See you


Entry 5

Yes I know the was rude of me falling asleep on you like that then not coming back for a few days. To make it up to you I will tell you everything. My hand is shaking because all over it still over whelms me. Okay ill start from the beginning. After I passed out like a dumb gukai. I was told that when people all stopped talking about what to do they finally did something. I was carried to the hospital. That’s where I first woke up. They treated me there and after I fainted again I awake. I was in the a better bed. It was unbelievable. I never seen one so big and the covers where heavenly. They where the softest things I felt against my skin. Then I thought my skin! I looked under them and I was half naked. Now I panicked. I scurried out of the mage bed and my legs gave out. I feel flat on my face on the floor. I was still pretty week. After spiting out some curse words mixing Sakken and English I looked around. This room was magnificent. The windows were covered in heavy dark red colored curtains that matched the drapes, and covers, and all the furniture. There where lovely plants everywhere. Flowers which I have never seen before and too beautiful to describe. You wont believe what happened next.
There I am half naked laying face first on the floor spread out like a carpet and enjoying the scenery of the room when saddening there were foot steps that were moving to fast for me to react. All I could do was watch the door fly open and seeing his face in worry panic then change to stunned next thing he was red a cherry and turned away. I was horrified and scrambled to my feet( they worked then) and for a moment I just looked at him. I didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t run, he was blocking there door. It was a night mare. Of all people him seeing me so exposed. I did the one and only thing that my body would allow me to do. Scream. He then too looked petrified and slammed the door. I hear more foot steps then talking at the door. Moment later a woman knocked.
I was still standing there like a idiot which I do so well by the way. She came in and I was still hot red. I didn’t move. She sized me up then walked to the dresser. I followed her with my eyes yet still kept silent. My head was screaming what just happen? This is a dream there was no way that had just happened. She then laid out a dress for me on the bed. It was royal. My mouth dropped open and I meant to say something but nothing came out. She left with out a word. I feel to my knees and tears rolled down my eyes. I was such a idiot! Why was I crying my head kept screaming. After I got myself together I looked at the dress. I laughed. Do they really expect me to wear this? It was dark blue with black lace. I put it on and looked in the mirror and really let out a holler. I looked like a gaint blue tube. The top suffocated my neck and the dress reach my feet. I could only mover to inches at a time. It need defiantly change.
I reached for my knife which I realized I didn’t have any more. So I looked around in drew and dressers getting there inch by inch. Finally, scissors! I cut the top so my neck could breath and made a split down the side of the right to stop at my thigh. Yes much better I can move I thought. Now what? I thought about the incident that just happened and got red all over again. How was I to face him? Yet how long could I stay in this room. Then there was another knock.
“Yes?” well at least I can talk now I thought
“ Prince wish to see you. Please come.”
“Just a minute.” my voice was shaking. The word Prince slapped me in the face.
Kali! I was naked in front of the Prince. Oh what do I do? I started to panic and then I said to my self what do I care. He will probably just say thank you for saving me now back to the streets where you belong and that will be it. I would never have to see him again. I convinced my self that it was confronting in a grim kind of way and looked in mirror one last time. I took a deep breath and opened the door. It was the same woman as before and she sized me up and down with a “she didn’t?” look.
“The Prince now please?” I said as if I was impatient and had some place to be which we know I didn’t. She just simply nodded and lead me down the hall. The place was simply and a one single word fantastic. It like no other place I have seen. I could hardly describe it. I will try a little. The carpet was a darken golden color with a thin red out line. There were trees and plants I never seen around. It most have been form the outer city. I even saw a mini bear. It was in the trees eating the leaves. I stood there admiring it. I wanted to take it all in slowly but she hurried me along.
“Prince is waiting madam. Hurry along.” She kept repeating.
Of course I was in no hurry to see him after what happened. I had to stop thinking about it but I couldn’t get the images of his face out of my head. I lowed my head. “Man I am so hopeless.” After climbing down thousands of stair(am over exaggerating of course but it felt like it). We came to these huge double door. Even their doors where beautiful! Gold most be the chose of the house and outline in sliver. It was amazing and of course she wouldn’t let me stare at the door for just a moment. She knocked and it opened. There was a huge hall. People where one each side of the room had to be at least a hundred(no exaggerating). They all looked at me and some even gasped. I heard a few “oh my’s.” but I walked down the hall proud of what I made of the dress. I even managed to smile. Before I knew it there I was. Face to face with him. It was just him. On his right who I presumed was his mother. She was a sight to see. She was pale as snow in a majestic kind of way. Her cheeks were perfectly rosy and fine red lips. Her sliver like hair was wrapped in gold and sliver pins. Her dress was black and think lined designs of sliver and gold. They were waved like moving along her body. She looked at me and smiled. Guess what else. Gave me a nod! As in approve. I was shocked and I think it showed because her smile got bigger. Then one his left was the king himself. The royal of all royals. I imagined its what he or the Prince since I haven’t been told his name yet would look like when he is older. He was so hard and sturdy. He hair was a bright brown in a way it glowed. He just looked so stuff and had a built body type. It was not doubt to me that if I said the wrong thing he could easily smash me with his for arms. His eyes were different then the Prince. They seem empty and lifeless. With a small shudder traveling up my spine I went back to the Prince. He look a gorgeous as before. With the coloring of gold, sliver, and the light effect he seem to be radiantly glowing. Breathe taking. I held my ground and stood there. I guess they expected me to bow. I saw knights when I came in and I know royal can be ruthless so I figured it was my best interest to do what I was expected. So I bowed
“Raise child.” I hear the Queen’s ever so sweet voice hit my ears.
I stood up straight once more. I could feel everyone’s eyes on me. Sizing me like a scrap of butchered meat. I pleaded immixed for some one to talk. The awards silence was killing me.
“Speak your name.” the King said in a deep voice
Typical royal I thought. couldn’t go five minutes with out giving out orders and demands. I swallowed hard. If you would have heard the roar in his voice you would be shaken up to. I guess you had to have one to be the king.
“Lily Sir.” I managed to get out

 

 

Go to part:2  3 

 

 

Copyright © 2009 Latina Torrence
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"