Touched By The Hand Of Love
Sosa

 

Hi, This is my first story, it’s not finished, but I’d like someone to tell me if it is good. Thank you. I hope you like it.

Chapter 1 – Open your eyes, discover your heart.

“Oh, God! I almost forgot my wallet and the money for the bus. I’d forget my head if I didn’t have it fastened to my neck”, that was the last words Kevin said before leaving the house as a thunder because he was late for school.

The streets were dark and empty yet. The sun was still hidden under the horizon. There were just a few people at the bus stop. The mist hugged the trees and the sidewalks. The bus arrived and, as all the mornings he had been late, packed. It was just another school day for Kevin. But he didn’t know that he’s eyes would stare at the sunrise twice that day.

There were no free seats, so he was standing at the back. His eyelids were falling because of his drowsiness. He finally was able to open his eyes just in time to get off.

Until then, everything was normal. Although it was a cold winter morning, the sunlight fondled his face while he walked towards the school door. He passed through it, but nothing rare happened. He walked along the corridor, but there was nothing unusual. However, as soon as he entered the classroom, he got paralysed. He couldn’t believe what his eyes were seeing. An incredible beautiful light, such as the sun, was glowing in the middle of those kids who seemed not to see it. He felt a soft warm breeze which made him smile in an unknown way. Everyone was looking at him. But he couldn’t take his eyes away from that person who was catching his attention as no one had ever done it.

The rest of the day he kept thinking about that strange feeling he had had. Was it an illusion? Was it real? He tried to find out which was the right answer, but he always got to the same conclusion, “It’s not an illusion, it’s not real, it’s something between them, a feeling, an emotion which I’m not able to understand yet”. Kevin felt really confused, and his friends noticed his uncommon behaviour. “Hey, Kev. What’s the matter? Why are you so quite?” asked Mathew, one of his best mates. Despite their interest in him, Kevin seemed to be dealing with a lot of problems inside his head.

The hours passed and it was time to go home. It was inevitable for him to stop in the middle of the street and turn his eyes to the sunset. What could have been better for him than remembering the sensation of happiness he had felt for the first time in his entire life? He looked at the sun, in silence, without saying a word, without thinking a word, just letting the beauty and the charm of that moment take him to paradise. Slowly he started recovering his senses, until he realized it was late and his parents would be very worried.

Marvellous sweet dreams passed trough his mind, followed by horrible nightmares. But these dreams were not about money or going to a funny park, they were about feeling happy with someone he considered special in his life. And the nightmares were not about thieves or murders, not even about monsters, they showed his worst fear, the reason why he couldn’t be with his special person. At two o’clock in the morning he jumped from his bed with his face full of fear and sadness. He sat next to the window and looked at the sky. “Sad beautiful shinning star, how can you exist knowing that you can’t hold another star in your arms? Tell me the way to survive in this condition ‘cause I cannot live separated from my love. How is it possible to talk to someone who causes chills all over your body without feeling your heart breaking peace by piece because you are too scared to say what you have inside your soul and find out the other person might have this same emotions for someone else.”
The stars started suddenly to increase their light in an extraordinary harmonic show full of beauty and grace. That was the sign for him to be sincere and let his feelings fly trough the air touching every heart that was near him. He remembered what his mother had told him some time before: “There are a lot of kinds of feelings, but they need to be turned into words to be understood”. His entire body trembled all night long, he woke up at least six times in four hours, but his decision was taken, even if the world came to its end, his true feelings would be listened by the person who stole his heart and covered his thoughts and dreams with those wonderful sensations.


Chapter 2 – Lost in a black heart

Sunlight lighted his face in the early hours of the morning. Strangely, the complains about going to school did not appear. All the thoughts that had passed through his mind the night before were kind of misty, though he had not forgotten his decision.

He wasn’t angry because he had to walk five blocks to the bus stop. Even the bus didn’t seem so crowded. It was a different day, and Kevin really liked the difference.

Again, the school door was behind his back, but it was also different, because it wasn’t like some days before when he felt nothing at that place, but it wasn’t like some minutes before, because the butterflies had started to fly from one side to the other inside his stomach, and of course his heart was up to get out of his chest.

Just one step remained, the classroom was in front of his almost crying eyes, and when he saw that person, everything turned into silence. Unfortunately, when he realized about the strange change, an endless black hole opened under his feet pulling him down.

Darkness. Emptiness. Loneliness. Fear. Sadness. Those were the only feelings that surrounded him. “What is this? Where am I? Why am I alone?”, asked Kevin. “Is this a dream? But I don’t remember I had fallen asleep. So, is this real? If it is, what place is this? Why is it so dark?”, questions didn’t stop invading his head. “I remember I saw...and the hole, I screamed, but nobody heard me. Oh God, help me, please! I don’t want to be alone. Why is this happening to me? Is it because I started thinking about me and my happiness, without taking care of anything else? Or is it because I did some unforgivable thing? Why does nobody answer my questions? Can...can it be...no, it’s not possible...is it? Am...am I...dead? Perhaps I had a heart attack, I remember my heart was throbbing very fast before I fell down, and now I might have died and gone to hell, because I don’t think heaven would be full of this horrible and painful feelings”. Suddenly, his clothes disappeared and when he looked down at his feet, his toes were fading. He was being swallowed by darkness, his body was becoming nothing. Little by little his arms and legs disappeared. His waist, chest, and neck followed. At last, his face, hidden behind an expression full of horror. Nothing but a grey cloud remained. It was his lonely soul.




Chapter 3 – Reality, fantasy. What’s de difference?

His dull soul was just there, not moving, as if time had stopped, too. It seemed to be the end of his existence. “Am I still alive?”, a voice came out from the cloud. “How is it possible? I am nothing now, just nothing. How can I speak or hear my own voice without having mouth nor ears?”. Kevin wanted to cry although he had promised he would never do it again. “It’s your soul who speaks, and your heart who listens”, a mysterious voice said. “Who... who’s that?”, Kevin asked, “That’s what you have to find out”, the voice replied. “Are you the one who brought me here? Why did you do that?”. “I’ve already told you, only you can discover who I am and why you are here”. “But, how?”. “Your soul, heart and mind have been left intact. There should be a reason for that, don’t you think?”. Kevin was really confused, he didn’t understand anything. But his confusion was interrupted by a new fact, he realized he was able to see.
Beyond the distance there was something that was not black as everything there, and it seemed to be walking towards him. It was getting closer and closer. Kevin was exited because he wanted to see someone, but he was also scared because he did not know what that was. At last, it was a few steps far from him. Kevin was incredibly surprised. What was in front of him was a little boy, with his innocent face, dressed with light blue pyjamas. “Who are you?”, Kevin asked, “I am you. You are me”, the boy answered. “What do you mean by that?”. The boy suddenly started to fade slowly. “Wait! Don’t go yet! How can I get out from here?”. Before disappearing, the boy said, “Just remember me, your past, then you must realize about your present, and imagine your future. After that, you’ll discover the way out. Don’t worry, everything will be fine”, and a second later, Kevin was all alone again. “Remember my past?” But I do know my history”. At that moment an image passed through his mind . “What? Who’s that boy? Why is he crying? That’s the same kid I just saw”. Some other images followed the first one. “That woman next to him, that’s my mother. But, is it possible? Can that boy be...me? Argh! This headache is killing me! I’m starting to remember...” The pain was very hard. “I had a quarrel with my mother that day, and I said horrible things to her, and she told me I... I was sick, and that I was a shame for the family”. Rivers came out from my eyes that night. I didn’t know if I had to hate her or be sorry for the things I said. I lasted months to forget that terrible episode, why am I seeing this now? Why? Is this the past I’ve been told to remember? But I didn’t want to do it!”. Silence invaded the moment, till the strange voice broke it, “You had to remember it and confront it to pass onto the next phase”. “What next phase? Is that what this is for you? A stupid game?”. “Wait and you’ll see.”. Again nothing happened during a long while.




Please let me know if you like it

 

 

Copyright © 2001 Sosa
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"