Queens Of Scream: The New Blood (1)
Iron Dave

 

  NVF Magazine Publications in association with Bear Manor Media
 Queens Of Scream: The New Blood
 By David Byron











































Queens Of Scream: The New Blood
© Copyright 2009 David Byron / All rights reserved.
This book is published in the United States Of America by:
Bear Manor Media
PO Box 71426
Albany, Georgia 31708
www.bearmanormedia.com

All interviews used by permission / edited by David Byron
All photos and logos used by permission.
Cover art by Dennis Willman
Susan Adriensen photo by Mark Alan Lee
No part of this book may be reproduced in any way or by any means, including electronic, mechanical, photocopying or otherwise, without the prior written consent of the publisher.
































                                                       Contents:
Acknowledgments
4/Introduction by David Byron
Interviews
Afterword by David Byron
The Queens:
/Brenna Lee Roth – star of Killer Biker Chicks and DOG and producer of Grind House Glory/
Scarlet Salem – star of Killer Biker Chicks
Bianca Barnett – star of Albino Farm
Nicole Kruex – aka-Nikki Homicide K – star of Zen: Hunter
Rachel Grubb – star of 13 Hours In A Warehouse
Seregon O’Dassey – star of Ghost Watcher 2 & False Face / Playboy model
/Evie Effects – FX artist, model, actress
/Heidi Martinuzzi – actress, writer, staff Pretty Scary.net
April Monique Burril – star of Chainsaw Sally {featuring Jimmy ‘O}
/Monique Dupree – star of Bachelor Party IN The Bungalow Of The Damned
Jackey Hall – star of Chrome Angels
Sarah Virginia Brock – star of Scream Farm
Kristi Fitts – star of Buddy Be Bop VS The Living Dead
Krista Grotte – Award winning actress of her own short film Alarum
Fatally Yours editor – Sarah Jahier
Scream Queen Prodigy – Emily Brownell
/Lissa Slasher – star of Black Dahlia
/Cassandra Faye – star of Trinity
Last Doorway Productions Reyna Young
Legend Of The Red Reaper – star Tara Cardinal
Fist Of The Vampire star Cheyenne King
Kindra RavenMoon: Dark arts alternative model, actress, writer, musician and writer.
Susan Adriensen - writer, producer, director of Under the Raven's Wing, actress in The Blood Shed and Sculpture
Jennifer Rouse - associate producer and co-star of Chainsaw Sally, The Death of Poe, and Stingy Jack

Special guest interviews:
 Hammer Films scream siren Ingrid Pitt
Girls and Corpses magazine editor Robert Steven Rhine
Horror fiction prodigy Amanda Underwood
/Makeup artist Teri Harrison
For Christs Sake actress Nicola Fiore
Danica Decosto - Star / co-producer of Crazy Animal
Patty Dunn – Actress and star of Fury, Terminal Descent, Autumn Country, & The Darkness: Chiroscuro
Donna Hamblin – Star of At the House of Madness & Ted Mikels Astro Zombies M3 Cloned
Dee Dee Bigelow
Sexiest Scream Queen contest winner Stacey Dixon

                                                                Introduction

        I must admit, when I first came up with the idea for this book, I was…well, petrified at the thought of being surrounded by 20-plus scream queens for the next few months. It was new to me, and although I am usually up for just about any challenge, this one actually frightened me.
    Now, not that I thought any of the ladies involved would ever hurt me. As a matter of fact, the ladies featured within this book have been nothing but nice to me, all of them more than cooperative above and beyond the call of duty. They have been sweet, friendly, helpful, professional, and very patient as well, considering how long it took me to put this book together.
    Maybe it was all of that ‘’hideous beauty’’ that had me feeling so uneasy…
And beautiful they are, as well as extremely intelligent. It is my hope that the interviews featured here will provide invaluable insight into the world these ladies work so hard to preserve for our entertainment. They are tireless and relentless in their dedication to their craft, and I believe in giving credit where credit is due.
  But, not without some static from my friends and associates along the way.
   When I had told one of my friends about the book, his first reaction was one of bewilderment. ‘’Why would you want to interview a bunch of bimbos?’’ he asked, wearing a stupid expression on his face. ‘’They are so…creepy.’’
My answer?
   Well, I said, it is simple; I am ME. And me is a person who can see when another person has found their niche, and is happy with it, and enjoys it and literally lives it to it’s full potential, while at the same time manages to maintain a sense of style, grace, integrity, and respect due themselves as well as all of those lucky enough to having been associated with them.
They are professionals.
They are intelligent.
They are beautiful.
They are multi-talented.
Yes, they are Scream Queens, and they are great at what they do, too.
     But most of all, they are women, special ladies that hold a high place in my heart for all of their invaluable contributions to the horror genre, and to all the lives they touch.
      Besides, being surrounded by such hideous beauty, how can I not feel blessed?
There is my answer.
Any more stupid questions?
GOOD.
Now, turn the page, please…

David Byron / March 2009









                                       This book is dedicated to Lloyd Kaufman
                            
                                                        Praise for Lloyd:
        I first met Lloyd Kaufman at a church in Buffalo NY. But it's not what you think...
  When I was in College, I majored in Theater. One of the classes I had to take my Senor year was Auditioning. I didn't want to go to the local theater and audition because that's what everyone else in my class did. So...I got on good old craigslist.com and searched film jobs, and found a company out of NY that wanted girls for a horror film. I thought it was cool so I called and they told me to come in the next day.
The next day I got my mom and we drove from Canton Ohio to Buffalo NY so I could audition. I had prepared this great monologue from 12th Night. (Shakespeare) When I got to the address, it was a rundown old church, with MOLD!! in the basement. (anyone who know me well knows I have a phobia of mold or mold like textures) anyhow, so I walk into this church and I see Lloyd sitting in the Rectory that he had made into his production office. I then was escorted down to the basement. (moldy basement!) where I met the wonderful Jamie Grecco. I auditioned for him, they taped it and I was on my way about 3 minutes later. I nailed it!!! I knew for sure I would get a cool role.
    As I walked out I saw my mom outside smoking a cigarette with some guys from the art department and FX crew. She was standing on the side porch and looking down into the side yard where there was a sign being painted that said "I love cock".  As we walked away she didn't say anything until we got in the car. Then she blurts out, "are you sure you don't want to cut hair?"
Haha! priceless.
Anyhow, I was offered a great role as a clam girl in Poultrygeist but turned it down because I was still going to a vary conservative university and didn't want to get in trouble by being nude in a film. So, I took a much smaller role of "News woman".
     After P-geist, one of the FX guys was going to go work on CSI:Miami so he hooked me up with background work on that show. Since 2006 when I wrapped on Lloyds film, I have been a working actress. I am lucky enough to go from film to film and not have a day job. I love Lloyd for the chance of working with him. I don't know where my career would be if not for me meeting Lloyd.
Still sometimes, I get calls from people all over the world that say, Hey, I talked to Lloyd and he said I should get you for my film! haha. He is great! I've met a lot of the other girls in this book from him.

love,
Brenna Roth








                                                                    ***
      I first met Lloyd Kaufman a few years ago and found him funny and charming.  Earlier this year, when he was in Minneapolis for a screening of Poultrygeist, I had the opportunity to act in a scene with him.  He was a joy to work with, and complimented me several times on my acting.  He is an eccentric legend in the independent film community.
 
--Rachel Grubb
                                                          ***
      Lloyd Kaufman is the god of indie filmmaking.  I've learned a lot from him.  There's going to be a cool spot in chicken Heaven for him :)

- Monique Dupree aka Gata

      I met Lloyd at a screening of Poultrygeist in Orlando, FL in February of 08. For some reason, we hit it off in a way that seems we already knew each other for years. Both of us have the same sense of humor, a love for the gay community, and a desire to stick it to corporate America. With all the times I have filmed with him, I notice that he is an ideal partner for me to ad-lib  and improvise with. Anytime I am at an event with pompous or egotistical people in the industry, Lloyd is always the one to remind myself and others about true passion for filmmaking and art. I am always proud to say, "I am with him" because he is an example of a true artist and public figure. He has helped launch the careers of several women in the cult world and I am so grateful for everything he has done to support me on my journey. If anyone has anything negative to say about Lloyd, I feel like they are talking about a member of my own family. Lloyd, Thank you for everything!!
- Nicola Fiore















 

 

Go to part:2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15 

 

 

Copyright © 2009 Iron Dave
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"