www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Short Stories - Reviews




Short Stories Reviews
Poetry - Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Like Troubled Water by Amarjit Bhambra (9)
"To Myself, Oh my gosh, I have made terrible mistakes with spelling and grammer. How could i have done that?As least I hope you all can understand it anyway." -- Amy, Hayes, UK.
"Sometimes your work is hard to understand, I must admit. What amazes me is that people who usually write poems and short stories are the ones who enjoyed English in school and were really good at it. And you seem to really enjoy writing lots of poems but excuse me for being rude, your English grammer is very poorly. I wonder how that is ????" -- curious.
"You have also mentioned on this site that you used to hate writing, yet you have discovered now that your a poet. Your poetry is very good, that is why your a semi-finalist but for you to not like writing and for your Grammer to be bad explains you hated English back at school. Thats weird." -- Truth.
"Dear Truth, The truth is we have to move out of school and work also, believe you me, I landed in a job that required me to spell check Managers letters etc. Believe you me they got paid more than me and believe you me, their spelling and grammer was like school childrens. (My letters had to me perfect). I have got a bit lazy on the net) thats all. - I don't mind your comments. thank you all. " -- Amy, London, uk.
"dear Truth, I have been writing Poetry for over 18 years. Yes l did mention that l used to hate writing, it does'nt mean l don't like it now. Beside, the point about writing is - I love to type them instead! My passion is to keep writing or typing them. I just want to encourage others to write poetry too and to enjoy what l have enjoyed doing for the past 18 years. So be it!" -- Amy, London, England.
"I didn't mean to offend you what I meant to say was it is strange you didn't enjoy English but you like writing poetry and do write some good poems. Because normally people who love and enjoy English are the ones who write such adventurous things, but all I meant to say was it is strange that your a good poet but hated English. Don't take offence." -- Truth.
"You may have been writing for the past 18 years but that doesn't make you any better than someone whose been writing poetry for the past 2years. It's all in the imagination of people and how they find lovley words to express their feelings and describe things. Anyway your not exactly a famous poet because I've never heard of you and I love poetry and know everything about it. So please don't get on your high horse, this is only a website not a stepping stone to stardom." -- Linda.
"Dear Linda,l am not looking for Stardom, I appreciate your facts about people writing for 2 years, I love to encourage people to write poetry. Recently l got my neice who is only 12 to write her first masterpeice and she got through to semi finalist. That little encouragement will go a milestone in her life. Like l have mentioned it before, l am aware this is only a website the only lovely difference in sending work to publishing companies and the web site is that your own work can be critized and commented on and it also gives me a chance to comment other peoples work too. About the famous bit, Life is a mystery - I don't like to boast (too much) I have been very satisfied in my life with the peices of poems that i have had publised over the past year and I will continue to do so - because l enjoy it so much. Thank you for the very encouraging words. " -- Amy, London, UK.
"my saying in that l wasn't good in English and became a poet after - is a message to childen that if this so - don't be put off latter on in life you can do anything you really want to if you put your heart to it. I for certain am not put off only because one thinks that my English Grammer is poor....." -- Amy , Hayes, UK.


Eat You Lunch Children by Amarjit Bhambra (3)
"This reminds me of Hansel and Grethel and wicked witch." -- Jeanette.
"Hi, Jeanette, thanks for reading. I made this one up, and it is really good to read to little children especially when they refuse to eat their lunch. It really works - and the expression on their faces as if they really believe it." -- Amy, Hayes, UK.
"bkinfuzqy iltcbdu vqnhaows tyfjuqs hocdfextu btsamxvn utgzyen" -- iupxk fsqmju, xumrwp, CA, USA.


The Good Against The Evil by Amarjit Bhambra (1)
"This sounds like a true story. Very touching." -- Anon.


A Thing Of A Bat? by Amarjit Bhambra (2)
"Wonderful!!!!HAhA" -- Bernay, Cooranbong, NSW, Australia.
"hi, Bernay, thank for reading - glad you enjoyed it - and hope you had a gooood laugh!. You might want to read another one for a laugh "The burgler, My husband and I". It a short one - go on have a laugh!" -- Amy, HAYES, uk.


Wonderful, Wonderful Works Of God, The Lord God Is My Healer, My Protector by Amarjit Bhambra (13)
"I thought this was great. It's one of those stories that you read in chicken Soup for the soul." -- J H.
"But sometimes even God gets tired of protecting us and even he can turn his back on us, when he thinks we are not learning from our mistakes, if we keep needing God to get us out of trouble! Nice story!" -- Bex.
"Thank both for reading and sharing my own experience - I agree and it is true that God might or will get tired of protecting us but l know that his gifts are endless - through my own personal experiences in life - he has always been by my side and I will always trust him. Believe you me life has not been easy and wonderful - but the work of God is the greatest." -- Amy, hayes, UK.
"really good. hope you continue to spread the Good News of the Lord. smiles. anyways, read revelations. i love that part of the bible most " -- cherie, Singapore.
"Yes indeed, your account is an amazing testimony of God. Continue to share the wonderful works of God with others, and light up their lives. May God continue to watch over your mum and your family. Yeah, read Revelations, about the 2nd coming of Christ." -- Venus, Singapore.
"Dear Venus, My mother sadly died, She was so dear to me. She is not here for me to turn to, But l know God has helped me through this difficult time. " -- Amy, London, uk.
"Dear Bex, Thanks for reading this peice (with a few spelling mistakes)however, this story has truely happened. Life is like a drama, on which we can write about. I am glad you have enjoyed it all. - These are just a few of the Mircles that has happened to me. " -- Amy, Hayes, UK.
"God is there for all of us if we keep him in our hearts. I know God has been there for me many times, when I had no one else to turn to. Mother's are God's angels, it's a shame God took your Angel. I am very fortunate to have my mother who helps me in my time of need, but sometimes when things are out of her hand, all we can do is leave it to the All Mighty. Many times God has tested my faith in him, but I refuse to lose my faith, no matter how many tears and fears he brings me. I know everything that happens, happens for a reasons. These are just the wonderful suprises from God. Life is God's gift, we should never forget that. Thank you for sharing." -- Faith.
"Dear faith, thanks for sharing your thought, True mother's are Angels, but l believe (correct me if l am wrong) There are other Angels too - for l have heard how certain people save certain people in their lives and they are too called Angels. Recently l was listening to a religious channel where l heard that even the devil is Angel - everything was created by one God. Appreciate comments on this - " -- Amy, London, UK.
"I understand what you mean, like God Mother's can be Angels, it's all in the way we see people. If we only see the good in people and they are always there for us we say "Oh Your my Angel" but as soon as we see bad in someone we are quick to judge them. But you can't do that with your own Mother, no matter what she says or does she will always be my Angel because my love for is unconditional because she put me on this Earth. Without her I wouldn't be here. So really I only see my Mother as Angel because I can never see any bad in her. And as for the Devil being an Angel, I don't know about that. I can understand why that statement was made but personally I think that is totally oppisite to an Angel. Angel leads us the right path and is who greets us in Heaven. But the devil's path is the oppisite to Heaven. So I don't see as God created the Devil because he is the rival." -- Faith.
"Dear Truth, Respect to all religion. I respect every ones views. God Bless. " -- Amy, London, Hayes.
"nice story" -- b.
"Dear b, l am glad you have enjoyed this story which is a true indeed." -- Amy, Hayes, UK.


The Heart Of A Noble Woman by Mandi Butkovich (1)
"I liked it. I thought it was cute, kinda sad, but cute." -- Yuki.


The Thorn And The Rose by Amarjit Bhambraaa (2)
"Nice lil'story, but the 'slitting necks' part is a bit too gory for this poem, you should try something more subtle if it's a gentle love story." -- Anon.
"Annon, Thank for reading, But one must realize even in this day and age there is a lot of gory stories around about Love when love is not love as it should be......We all like to read about Love as it is love but sadly even in this day and age Love is not what it seem for some people!...... I hope you can understand hence why this poem is dramatic. Thank for you comments - much appreciated." -- Amy, London, England.


Teenager's Prayer by Jordan Holetzky (2)
"Great and I thought it was encouraging." -- Matthew Mark@, USA.
"Thank you, I appreciate your comment!" -- Jordan.


Screaming, Save Me. by Marie Buzzy (1)
"Very details to the point, phobia of darkness, gloomy and scary dreams....good reading nice work." -- Amy, Hayes, UK.


Schoolgirl by Randall Barfield (1)
"Omg, that is so sad and horrible that your grandaughter had to see that..." -- Jordan, .


Reflections And Modern Man by Kristal O-Garrow (1)
"You're good.No,that's an understatement.YOU'RE THE BEST!" -- kennedy, Warri, Delta, Nigeria.


Mountain Arrival by Norachai Thavisin (1)
"I loved your story. Would love to read all of it. Keep up the good work." -- Alice Bailey, Dothan, Ala., Houston.


Life Force by Caleigh Jepison (1)
"I like how you decribe the weather. I can hear and see its raining hard in your story. Will you could add what Jess is feeling is getting a creapy feeling. Erray feeling. great story." -- Jeanette.


In Michael's Mind by Am Mason (1)
"omg...the story is good...just what happens in it is horrible" -- Jordan.


Embarrassing Day At The Pool by Kaitlin Kingdon (2)
"Check out roller Coaster!" -- Matthew Mark@, USA.
"wow this could be story on big screen or even tv laughable," -- JH.


Damn by Bk Kinsel (1)
"wow..." -- Jordan.


A Cry In The Dark by Barry Stevens Faeden (1)
"I'm have litl dog & cat! I want to share with you were you'll be find this for your pets: collar nice buy cat buy nice cat collar collar buy cat nice nice collar buy cat nice collar cat buy nice cat collar buy buy quality cat collar nice buy cat collar nice buy collar cat dog collar " -- Mark, Berlin, Berlin, Ukraine.


Without Reason by Sime Sheef (1)
"Another good story and well written. Try to add more to your stories though. What was the setting? What school was this? Why did they go to the shaman? Why did Matt think everyone hated him?" -- Kasey.


To The Fullest by Sime Sheef (1)
"Very well written in the beginning and end, but I felt the writing was a bit flat in the middle, especially from the phone call to where the woman had tears in her eyes. Parts of it captivated me and I felt I was able to relate. I must be honest though ,the meaning or twist of the story was lost on me. Perhaps it could have been beefed up a little to explain the ending better - even if your intention was to leave it open for interpretation. Otherwise quite thought provoking at times" -- Kasey.


The Little Turd That Could by Michael L Phillips (Aka The Purple Monkey) (1)
"test of the review process" -- Michael.


The Final Battle by Briony Carvalho (7)
"Brilliant. A superbly descriptive story about the killing of a 'jasper'. I applaud your courage, as I would have bolted and ran as soon as it came anywhere near me!!!!" -- Phil, UK.
"Ha ha ha, I kind of feel sorry for the wasp as it never saw it coming!" -- tamsin.
"ha ha indeed. Cleverly written but perhaps with a little review (like a lot of your things) it could be more cunningly written. Not your finest but a funny time passer" -- me.
"heh heh, thanks for the laugh" -- kwilt.
"Very descriptive. Funny, great detail on the battle of the wasp!" -- Joanna Parsons.
"Hehe. Nice! At first when I was reading this, I was thinking, "Well, this doesn't seem very realistic. How could she be beating him so easily (especially since he's probably a serial killer or something)?" But then I got to the end and it was all good. It was definitely appropriately surprising, which is great. And kudos for being one of the few people in the world who can spell "adrenaline" correctly! Thanks for the review on my work, by the way, although the concept isn't as original as you think, lol. It was inspired by a book about a guy who accidentally kills Death. *shrugs*" -- Kyle J. Douglas.
"Thank you Kyle - glad you enjoyed it. Do agree with Me as I do need to make the fight a little more realistic so as not to lose belief! Ahh as some of the masters say - imagination is nine tenths memory" -- Briony.


Six Episodes Of Love by H Klecel (1)
"abcdef" -- hongnga.


Life On The Broken Wings by Partha Pratim Majumder (4)
"What a good plot !!! Storytelling is also bold but fine. The story turns slowly in to an emotional whirl when the last event takes place. And the bond is created by being broken. " -- Brian Clerc, Sydney, Australia.
"Awesome............. brilliant storytelling ........ end is so painful. " -- Ryan Harper , Canada.
"Plot is different and unique. Human face of the story is undoubtedly memorable....... The end can not be forgotten " -- Kim Sumhoanm, Israel.
"Story has orginal plot. Very good. " -- Kim FR.


Flak by Joseph Xavier Ramirez (2)
"Very good story. with a nice discriptive plot.... and nicely filled with history. veyr dramatic but a touching ending!" -- rayza ramirez.
"I liked the plot, and the incorporation of real-life and historical elements, and that you distinguished between a magazine and a clip. It felt rushed in some posts and the grammar in the same area's is lacking, but all around a good, engaging story." -- Matt.


Dream For An Insomniac by Rachel Joseph (1)
"I really enjoyed your story. Would love to read the finish of it. This is the first time I have answered one of these. I love to read. Keep up the good work." -- Alice Bailey, Dothan, Ala., Houston.


Downsizing by Katherine A M Corkery (1)
"Awesome totally awesome, everyone should read this.. Great job on this you are very talented.." -- Matthew Mark@, USA.


Cipher by Rachel Joseph (1)
"Great title" -- kwilt.


Can't Let Him Go by Nicky Rothschild (2)
"Great job and very interesting like desparate housewives people can't stop reading.. Awesome..!" -- Matthew Mark@, USA.
"Cool story.. Hope someday you'll have some of your stories and poem published.. or you can have it in TV series or something. Thanks all" -- Koy.


And... by Lawrence Peters (1)
"fantastic as usual..." -- piXie.


Alone At Dawn by Sime Sheef (1)
"The story is quite well written. It doesn't have a good storyline development though as it's quite clear that is was a dream all along and doesn't leave you wanting more. The prose is a bit heavy in the opening paragraph. Also, instead of using 'He' all time, the main character should be given an identity early on so the reader can relate to the story - or at the very least his name should be used after his wife calls it. Please see these as constructive and not me just being critical as the piece was well written" -- Kasey.


There are 30 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.