www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Short Stories - Reviews




Short Stories Reviews
Poetry - Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Surrender by Taylor Triste (1)
"you write beautifully Taylor" -- km.


Where Does She Go From Here? by Desi Williams (2)
"Very good writing - expressive , descriptive and I want to know where she goes from here. One gender error in 4th sentence - "her journey"? instead of his. Please keep writing - you are very talented!" -- linda dubois, Bellingham, WA, USA.
"Fixed it! Thanks!" -- Desi.


When Robots Go Wrong by Alex Reuille (1)
"hey, good story loved the action!" -- Jason , Hollywood, Florida.


Unfortunate Side Effects by Liz Quinlan (2)
"you show promise, but this story is sub par. it has no ending or purpose and so failed to hold my interest. i did like your descriptive phrases though, although you did spray them around a bit too liberally." -- sunny, dc, usa.
"f**king fabulous, lizzy, see you at scool on monday! (Tis a wee bit discriptive though, tone it down a bit darlin') lurrrrrv amy x x x x" -- amy sandland.


The Waiting Room Of Evil by Rich Honour (7)
"Funny! Loved it! You should get some help man! hahaha :-)" -- Jim Horn.
"Heh heh funny. Coulda been longer, but you made me chuckle so screw it. I like your style, pal!" -- Thepratmeister, Adelaide, SA, Australia.
"yes funny! it was like u could read my mind. since u haven't written about how they tortured you, i presume u died while fighting the evil optometerist. may your soul rest in peace! (the writer is a girl, guys)" -- sunny, dc, usa.
"I DOMINATE YOUR FRAGILE MINDS ON THE BATTLEFIELD OF THE PARKING LOT! LIKE A SHADOW IN THE NIGHT I AM THERE BUT I AM NOT! BUY ME A PEPSI OR I WILL TICKLE YOU TO DEATH WITH MY FEATHER OF EVIL! YOU HAVE NO CHOICE FRIGHTENED SUN-DWELLERS!" -- The Magnificent Fyle, Seattle, WA, USA.
"worst story ever" -- paul.
"THE SALAD OF EVIL http://fyle.home.comcast.net/salad.mp3" -- WOOO!!!, kiev, ukraine.
"This guy writes songs too. www dot putfile dot com backslash kennyboy180" -- James, Memphis, Georgia, USA.


The Sun Has To Shine On Every Dogs Ass At Least Once by Jeremy Lucko (1)
"This author is the greatest lover in the world." -- Kristine.


The Phantom Hitchhiker by Liz Quinlan (5)
"I liked this for a first time write. You have a good grasp of plot and character development. Work on your own unique style and one day you're be a fantatic writer. Hand in there. I really enjoyed this." -- e. rooco caldwell.
"Overall good story but it was kind of predictable and the title makes it sound like one of those old movies from the 60�s but I really liked the writing." -- Alice.
"yes, i agree with the other 2 reviewers. i like the way you write, it flows well, but this story has been done before. you need to write an original story which flows out of your emotions and head." -- sunny, dc, usa.
"yes, i agree with neither of the reviewers. This was the worst piece of writing i've ever read. Give up writing. You suck." -- paul.
"Not trying to be rude or anything but it sounds like a short story I read out of the book......" -- Jordan.


The Cat And The Shotgun-Story 1 Of The Insanities Of Hotel Room 63 by Bryan King (1)
"Simple, yet very effective... I'm very picky and critical towards things I read & movies, etc... But I truly did enjoy this short tale!" -- Reagan Rothe, Houston, TX, USA.


Stupidallicallidumbocious by Pratik Patel (3)
"ok, it was kinda funny at first, but u milked the idea for way too long. piece of advice, if your gonna write "stupid shit" like this keep it short! and this is from a guy with a high intelligence disquotient." -- sunny, dc, usa.
"Hey, liked your story it was ok but i think it was better than my stories(especially since I'm only 14)Keep up the great work but next time keep it short also. " -- Maritza, Las Vegas.
"Dude, that was some serious brain damage. Posting that link in public is mass destuction. " -- kumaarsauraj, NJ, USA.


My Last Addiction by Kimball (3)
"hmm...i liked it. quite nice in fact. very moving. keep it up" -- James.
"wow....amazingly touching and beautifully constructed" -- fred.
"wow matt i did not know you were capable of happy endings! i liked it." -- Melissa Cat, St Louis, missouri, USA.


Lucy by John A Durler (1)
"this was an awesome story. i am not wuite sure what all to say but it was very descriptive and interesting. i mean whoever wrote this you have a beautiful imagination." -- randi.


How September 11th Changed The Life Of The Freemans by Alex Reuille (2)
"Very good. It kept me interested. " -- D Shultz, Long Beach, California, United States.
"wow good story it brought tears to my eyes" -- Sofia.


God, Help Me, I Don't Want To Die by Bryan King (2)
"Hey. That story is great. Very interesting twist. You have a great skill in writting. the only slight problem with the story is that the whole part about the heaven and hell battle happens to quickly. First hes just being stalked by some small kid then suddenly hes the leader of heaven in a battle of faiths. It is a good twist but mabye you could inclued some small foreshadowning very early in the story. The part with the priest is prehaps to late. If you want to swap ideas just send me an email and we'll get in touch. (Thanks for your reviews too)" -- Jarrod Lawson.
"To any body that reads this and thinks it isn't good: I agree. I wrote it in like 2 hours straight, and submited it without editing. That was a big mistake, because I just read it and realized how bad it is. I promise I will re-work it and re-submit it. Thanks!!" -- Author.


Friends Again by Eli Robbins (1)
"The story taps into the feelings of estrangement and loneliness that many of us experience in school. The piece is overloaded with dialogue, however: I would suggest narrating more of the story and including only a few key things that people said to you, things that struck home. Two minor notes: 1) while Runequest is a good game, its inclusion in this piece did not have a clear purpose to me, and 2) your uncle suddenly changed into your dad in the final scene with the bully. Should an adult be depicted as beating up a middle school youth and then walking away with impunity?" -- David Bareford.


Firehouse 9-11 by Alexandra C Karones (1)
"I LOVE YOU ALEXANDRA CLAIREEEEE!!!!" -- kaitlyn, wesley chapel, fl, us.


Becoming A Bludger by Ian Kidd (2)
"Hello Mr. Kidd - 1) This story was very entertaining, I must say. This was some of the best humor I have read on this site. 2) I'm interested in reading your "Ian's Gang" series, but am unsure as to which story comes 1st. I hope you will help me with this. Thank you very much for your story." -- A.P. Williams.
"Thanks for the review, Mr Williams! As for 'Ian's Gang', I've been thinking of putting a 'story guide' up for it, but was unsure whether it would be of any interest. Watch out for it in the next few days. The very first story is "The Bad Ian". Hope you enjoy it, and thanks again for the review!" -- Ian Kidd, Adelaide , SA, Australia.


57 Minutes Until by Bryan King (6)
"Thanks for the good words on my story ''The Nightstalker.'' Its not one of my best, but it's not bad. I'm not in good health right now, {liver cancer}and I don't write as often as i USED TO. Hope your health is well, and keep on writing. 57 minutes until had me glued to the last word. You have a talent for writing, believe me; PURSUE IT. " -- david brian, vincennes , ind, usa.
"David, I'm very sorry to hear about your health. I promise I will keep you in my prayers. Thanks for your review. This is not my best story, I think I might make it longer and then re submit it. Thank you very much." -- Author.
""I was attracted [to] this place..." " I sat on one of the sofas for a while and inhaled the history that passed through me like blood through my veins." -- i really enjoyed that line. This is a pretty nifty story you have here. Dressed well with symbolism. Keep it up." -- ryan severud.
"Thanks Ryan for your review. Yeah, that night the stuff was flowing out in a real symbolic way. Thanks again." -- Bryan King.
"hey man whoever has written this story is a very very very very dum man. this story is tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring!" -- DINO, RAWALPINDI, PAKISTAN.
"Thanks Dino for review. I only have one question. What part was boring?" -- Author.


Touched by Fiona Penmaiden (1)
"Wow, powerful story i loved it" -- Rebecca.


The Nightstalker - Part One by David Brian The Offender (1)
"Good stuff. When I read this, there was a clear picture in my mind about what you were saying. Thanks for writing this." -- Bryan King.


The Last Sunset by Alice W-M (3)
"Dear lord Alice, how depressing. Your prose is quite interesting; long sentence structure, and short paragraphs interspersed with some well placed vocabularly. It's pretty good but I wouldn't have read it unless I knew you!!" -- Lizzy Quinlan, Melbourn (not technically a city, but whatever), Um..., Little Britain.
"wow...that was pretty um....depressing! how does that stuff just pop into your head? gosh that was kinda...morbid....wow" -- sam.
"Great concept mostly. Sad that the girl couldn't have been stronger. I guess maybe needed a little more, blowing up a whole school just because a dick says he dont care...I dont know. Kind of pissed me off" -- Kendall.


The Last Day by Erika Sutton (1)
"I want to read some short stories." -- nimol, Columbus, Ohio.


Sorry, Right Number Part Two by David Brian The Offender (1)
"your story is toooooo bad with no logic and without a propper conclution.and its true.madi." -- madeeha, delhi, india.


Sincerely Seventeen by Charice L Boyd (1)
"AWESOME " -- BONIA JONE S .


Rain Storm by Kaitlin D Fest (2)
"FEST! This story is beyond great. There is no word invented yet to describe how awesome your story is. It's full of humor, mystery, sadness, craziness, and life! All the details and dialogue make it so! I am impressed and proud of you. You should feel the same about yourself!!!" -- Leah Russell, E'ville, IN, USA.
"It is good, but it could have a better ending. Make sure you have a strong conclusion." -- Annie, New York, New York, US.


Mystic Mirror by Chandra Ghosh Jain (1)
"It seems as if everyone on this website is writing supernatural stories. I too am from India but this was too much for me. While you have the gift of words, you are not using it honestly. Write something that you truly feel, something that you truly know about, real people who undergo trials and the test of fortune. India has so many wonderful stories to offer." -- Edmund Jonah.


Mistress Mistrust by Ryan Kerr (1)
"Whoah, strong harsh piece. Good job though." -- Josh / AxeY.


Last Caress by Kimball (6)
"Wow, impressive stuff....you lead the reader in straight away, and left me hanging on at the end...what happened, why did he kill her, and why is he not in prison. I want to read part II?? Good work, hope to see more:)" -- Buxton.
"You took me by suprise on that one. Guys are crazy. I guess there is still no hope to finding a perfect guy.You just proved that they hurt or in this case kill the chic they love...(LOVE SUCKS)" -- Amanda, Sequim, Washington, US.
"Excellent stuff....i really liked this one...thought it was well written, and good flow, this really left me on the edge..what happened next?" -- Tom bomb.
"i leave that up to the reader. i always liked stories that left you thinking." -- matt.
"Brilliant! You really made it easy for me to visualise it with such great detail!(my jaw was open the inire time i was reading it, no joke!)...Tell me why he did it, go on!!! " -- Siobhan , Yeovil, somerset, England.
"i can't tell you. two reasons. i think it would ruin the story. two, he doesnt know so i dont know. whyever u think he did it is right." -- matt.


Happy Valentine's Day by Derek Toney (1)
"Very simplicticly written, quite a story, I was strangley disapointed when the fight never actually took place, I thought he deserved to be king of the school. Good story." -- Moses Constable.


A Letter To The Boy That I Loved. by The Lost Girl (1)
"That was awesome! you sertenly cought my mind with a powerfull writing{My friends would have said it to be a merical, very short attintion spand} Great work and so true I'd bet enyone could realate a friend cassy" -- cassidy guethe.


A Job Well Done by Kimball (4)
"WoW!!! this is a masterpiece.....I tell you why....You are great at imagery, it is one essential ingrediant that is missing from a lot of people's work, but you have a unique blend of imagery, style, and grace in your work...This story made me feel like an amateur, I loved the lemon juice bit, It made my mouth waterand continues to do so as I write...I seriously think you have talent and should take it to a higher level. Your ability with detail is brilliant, not one thing is missing from this story..i thought the baby killing was a bit to strong, but that is what make's a story brilliant, diversity. You have a gift, please do not stop writing.. I don't think Iv'e read anything on this site (short story at least) that tops this work....I hope it recieve's the acclaim it deserves." -- Buxton.
"O my God.... This is f*cking amazing.... I was straight into your world through this s. story...The pain, the essence, the glory...it all fuse's together...I agree with Buxton, in the imagery department, there is so much of it, and like he also said, the attention to detail is fantastic. Good Job Kimball." -- Tom Bomb.
"that means so much coming from someone i know doesnt have to worry about hurting my feelings (family and friends) " -- matt.
"Technically, your story is not bad. Nevertheless, your story is not that good either. Your plot is trite and so is your character. The one key element your story is lacking is intelligence. Why does your character think he is helping these people reach Nirvana? Why is he a hitman? Hitmen are professional killers, not unprofessional serial killers. Your character is unbelievable. No psychology of the character is given. I think your writing is good�meaning you�ve wasted your talent on a bad story." -- Christopher, Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA.


A Final Conversation With Myself by Vijay Mohan Raghavan (2)
"rubbish." -- Paul.
"ok nt bad ....." -- satya, hyderabad, AP, india.


There are 31 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.