www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Poetry - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

My Brother Is Dead But I'm Doing Fine by David Daniels (1)
"Another fitting last stanza might have been - My big brother has always lead he way. Can I be far behind him?" -- Wendell.


School by Colin Baker (2)
"Such a story would truly be an invention. Liberal thinkers always dwell upon the utopian ideal rather than reality. That's the subtle paradox of liberalism. Always full of profound sayings, while never getting anything done. The sad truth is that gates and fences are not there to keep children incarcerated. Their primary purpose is to keep others from getting inside. You know, misguided souls like suicide bombers, pedophiles, drug dealers, etc. I never had the internet or video games to play when I was a kid. But I also never saw a suicide bomber or pedophile or a drug dealer either. That's probably why there were no gates or fences at my school. And that's not an invented story. It's history. " -- Richard.
"Thanks Richard. And in part, I certainly agree with you. Fences, walls and all the rest of it are there as much to keep people out as they are to keep people in. Either way, however, I suppose it's worth asking the question - why has the world (or bits of the world at least) come to this?" -- Colin baker.


�Oic� by French (1)
"you really need to improve your poetry skills" -- WInson.


Wedonotexist by K M (2)
"Valiant attempt but the result is a somewhat rambling, disconnected effort with many holes like the one in the boat. In the third stanza, I think you meant "wander" the vast ocean......." -- Grammar Detective.
"KM, beginning to believe you do not exist. Where'd you go? Miss your poetry." -- D. Wells, VA, USA.


Weak In Faith by Oksana Klym (2)
"i read your words and feel your pain, faith is hard to find, some are born with lots of faith, may be from child hood, maybe its has grown from previous lives. i have giving up all hope in life, but i will never give up on meeting jesus some day. i know he is looking for me, and he will find me one day. pray to god he love us all." -- simon , perth, wa, australia.
"It was written at a difficult period of my life, when I was trying to find out who I am. But in fact, those hardships only made me stronger in my faith...." -- Oksana, Ukraine.


Un Dia En La Playa by Roberto J Moreno (2)
"bravo!!! Muito bonito! " -- dri, sao paulo, brazil, sp.
"Gracias por el complemento :-)" -- Roberto.


The Silent Thief by Tamsin Butler (3)
"Beautiful poem - shame you had to go through so much pain to write it **hug**" -- Briony.
"Awww! You poor thing you. I can't believe this site. Another fucking diary writer. Lester was right about you women. Why does everyone who gets dumped think they've earned the right to clutter up this site with their ditsy view of romance. You all belong to the same female counter-culture club. the..... C an't U nderstand N ormal T hinking S isters " -- Clyde.
"Thank for your comment Clyde and for jumping to conclusions that all poems are about women being dumped. How do you know that he didn't die and this is my way of dealing with the pain. My advice to you is grow up! " -- Tamsin.


Pathetic Phallacy by Tamsin Butler (1)
"Love it just love it.. keep it up! :)" -- Matthew Mark@, USA.


Pair Of Tears by Jayy Zappone (1)
"Not bad...not bad at all." -- Mattie.


Love Is An Epidemic by Jayy Zappone (1)
"very nice story" -- leela vathy, batu pahat, johor, malaysia.


Just Thoughts..... by Charity B Baez (1)
"That was a deep poem. I'm a guy and I even thought that it had saddening effects. It illustrates the deeper wants of the human soul. Great job!" -- Majen, PA.


Intimacy Of Love by Dri (1)
"Nice, sweet sentiment and all that but in the real world.....among other priorities, it's difficult to sustain those moments. And once you've been really hurt, no matter how many apologies, it's never the same and never will be. " -- Mira Lisczniak.


How Funny It Is To Lose Someone. by Chloe L Batey (2)
"good. yeh. i kinda know how it feels. when my grandpa died.. it didnt really feel like it... i just couldnt imagine him gone.. i didnt cry for ages. then in the middle of his funeral it hit me... he was gone... and i finally burst out crying... " -- Jessi.
"yeah... thanks for reviewing though" -- chloe.


Hands Of Time by Tara Bridget Moore (2)
"Nice poem, very well written. I don't think there's anyhting massively original in this one, it's an oft written concept bu you took the subject and handled it competently. Liked this." -- Sooz, Barrow, Cumbria, England.
"Thank-you for the lovely review Sooz. Time always seems to be passing me by...." -- Tara.


Fading Time by Rob Badger (2)
"aahhh the perfect love eh, and wouldn't we all like some of that. After the heady rush of the honeymoon period I don't think any relationship can ever be perfect and there's a lot to be said for a comfortable love rather than an all encompasing one. Lovely poem, nice one. " -- sooz, Barrow, Cumbria, England.
"Thank you." -- Rob, USA.


(I See) The Light by R Bennett Okerstrom (5)
"terrific, love the short lines that say so damn much - frankly it pisses me off that i can't do this. " -- curious.
"Curious: You can do it. Just start writing down everything that comes to mind and soon you will have ideas to build from." -- R. Bennett.
"In the beginning, seeing the light at the end of the tunnel seems as if this person is about to make a positive epiphany. But the rest just gets darker and it seems he is struggling with the "you" he feels summoned by. He seems reluctant to give in, yet still gives up, knowing he will be consumed and disposed of. I feel like the "you" could represent many things: codependency, addiction, a negative relationship...forbidden fruit in its many forms. Again, R. Bennett, you have made me think and reflect on my own life." -- Royal D.
"Stimulating the reader's thoughts is the essence of being an author. Thanks!" -- R. Bennett.
"Love it!" -- Tessa.


Who Is This Person by Jennifer Mendez (1)
"In big Brother 2006 (Brit) they had a contestant called Nicky. She was a spoilt brat monster,in one diatribe in the diary room she became famous for scraming at the camera. "Who is this person .. who is she... who is she." so this made me smile. A soul searching piece. People change, people constantly move and evolve... and what or who we become is down to ourselves ..nobody else. But being with a more dominantpersonality can suck the confidence from us and lead us to believe that we are weak. Nice one. " -- Sooz, Barrow, Cumbria, England.


The Tyrant by Joshua Meihaus (1)
"I saw this as an illustrated child's book... and yet it would be completely unsuitable with all that blood and slaying. Funny that, nice poem." -- Sooz, Barrow, Cumbria, England.


The Conception Of Reality by Mike Piotrowski (2)
"Good work, interesting concept." -- Sooz, Barrow, Cumbria, England.
"Thank you for the review Sooz, I was not in the best of moods when I wrote this... :) I will be looking forward to viewing your work. Cheers from Canada!" -- Mike Piotrowski.


Take O Take Those Chips Away by Colin Baker (3)
"Truly written in the tradition of British humor.(humour) Hardly my cup of tea though, if you'll pardon the left-handed pun." -- Richard.
"This one was to short to give much of an impression. It left me with the old chat-up line, 'Grab your coat, you've pulled.' I want to know what they did to cause this affront, were the pies too stodgy? Was the price to high? what did the pomous goat say to offend? It was the lumpy gravy wasn't it? Lumpy gravy will get you every time. " -- Sooz, Barrow, Cumbria, England.
"Thanks to Richard and Sooz..." -- Colin.


Queen Of Roses by Jennifer Mendez (1)
"Firstly, this one needs an edit, but that's nothing that can't be put right very easily. Nice little snippet of the human condition. Why do some people put others down and humiliate them just to 'big up' themselvs.. and in the long run does it make them happy? To do it in the first place shows a depth of insecurity. Nice one. " -- Sooz, Barrow, Cumbria, England.


Over My Dead Body by Colin Baker (2)
"This one's very profound, asolutely gorgeous. I loved this. " -- Sooz, Barrow, Cumbria, England.
"Thanks 'S'....." -- Colin Baker.


Midnight Cry by Joshua Meihaus (2)
"This is beautiful, powerful and evocative of graveyards and a sense of not knowing how to move onto what comes next. Loved it. " -- Sooz, Barrow, Cumbria, England.
"NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE NICE " -- Enamul, Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh.


Darkness Of The Night by Joshua Meihaus (1)
"I like the sentiments of this one but I don't think the craftsmanship was as strong in htis one as your last piece. The rhyming felt a bit sing-song and the words put in place for the rhyme and made to fit. But I do like the idea of it and I think if you looked at it again you might be able to harden up the rhyme. Good effort. " -- Sooz, Barrow, Cumbria, England.


Blanket Of Trust by R Bennett Okerstrom (6)
"This poem makes a lot of sense with regard to entrusting someone with a secret and then having them break your trust. I like the phrase "I�ve wrapped you in a blanket of trust." That's a great line." -- Stephen, San Diego, CA.
"True, but the key is that the blanket of trust will be wrapped around the person until they die (either by natural causes or by the writer) because the writer knows the person's usual game." -- R. Bennett.
"Does the writer feel that the blanket of trust will stop the lies? I feel that the liar is not worthy of this blanket. The feeling of distain is vivid. I picture this spoken with a sneer. Well done. " -- Royal D.
"Very perceptive Royal. The liar is not worthy of the blanket, however, the consequences for the liar outweigh the worthiness." -- R. Bennett.
"wow! wonderfully written. Once you start trying to trust a liar who you know will never change, you become a chump. Hopefully the blanket of trust will at least cast some guilty feelings on the liar. If not, then the liar was never worth the warmth. " -- KM.
"Guilty feelings or not, the liar will face their demise if they defy the writer. I love the notion of warmth to describe the blanket!" -- R. Bennett.


There are 25 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.