www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Poetry - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Blackvein by Colin Baker (2)
"Please explain, I guess I'm just not imaginative enough to get it. " -- Richard.
"Richard thank you. And your request for explanatory information has little if anything to do with your imaginative abilities, and everything to do with my neglecting to place a brief background to accompany the poem when first posting. It actually refers to a mining disaster (an explosion as it happens) which occured at the Blackvein colliery in South Wales, UK in December, 1860. The graves of some of the children killed in the disaster (only a small number of bodies were recovered) are only a few miles away from where I currently live. Colin" -- Colin Baker.


A Choreographed Breakfast by Colin Baker (2)
"I don't think being a housewife or being on the dole necessarily hampers an enjoyment of music ... but this did make me smile. Only a few words to it but the imagery is really strong. " -- Sooz, Barrow, Cumbria, England.
"Thanks, Sooz. I agree, it need not hamper one's enjoyment but 'trivial' is the key word here. It does not imply an absolute rejection of the arts as such, but merely a prioritising. Under different conditions, priorities may well shift... " -- Colin Baker.


Where I Came From by M Q Walters (1)
"Sucks to be wrong" -- mandi.


Trinty by Cedric McClester (2)
"I've tried to ignore most of the shit you write but you're way over your head on this one. You rub your wanna-be elbows (in fantasy) with your amoral icons during the week, and decide to poke your nose in God's business on Sunday, even writing Gospel lyrics and such. You are the asshole of assholes. I think even God knows that. +" -- Richard.
"God bless you Richard." -- Cedric McClester, New York, NY, United States.


Toward Insight by Jeffrey Lee Williams (1)
"Maybe there's more than one lesson to be learned here. "Try fixing your own country before you come here to find a better life."" -- Lester.


My Reason by Dri (1)
"I don't want to reinforce the mean-spirited image many of the younger writers have of me because of my candid critiques, but....... I've really grown weary of reading the volume of mini-diaries posted on this site. Everything is about me, me, I,I, myself, etc. Why do so many of you writers think that your lives are so fascinating or profound that you have to personalize just about everything you write? We are but tiny individuals in a massive world where history and tradition are far more fascinating and interesting than the needs, desires, and insecurities of self-indulgent members of a pop culture going downhill. Good writing requires imagination, and the skillful writer can fill us with emotions of humor, laughter, sadness, mystery, suspense, horror and yes, love. We amateurs don't have to be the star of every movie we make. You've been very busy and in over sixty of your offerings, the words, I, Me, or myself are contained in the titles. I really like some of them but others I found a little too "Dri," if you know what I mean. " -- Richard.


Key To My Heart by Sierra M L Short (1)
"I enjoyed the word choice of this poem and the raw emotions that you could feel throughout it. Keep writing!!" -- Felicia Jarosinski, Pulaski, WI, USA.


I Own You by R Bennett Okerstrom (4)
"Since my readers have suggested that I return to writing poetry rather than metal songs, this was written for you." -- R. Bennett.
"I actually like the metal songs, but you do have a definite talent when it comes to writing this kind of poetry. But, write some more metal for us metal heads!" -- Steven, San Diego, CA.
"I must confess poetry speaks fathoms above the songs...and this was awesome...where lies the inspiration? Or is it but words upon this page?" -- mattie.
"Nothing in particular. I just have a lot swimming in my head and things just seem to come together and I have to write them down before they disappear into the pool." -- R. Bennett.


I Hate Mondays by T Demarest (1)
"this is really cool......it makes me realise how much mondays really do suck!!!!! I HATE MONDAYS" -- Brittney Maree.


Holiday Jumble by Emily C Johnson (1)
"I like this. It's simple yet moving. Good job............peace!" -- Richard Evans.


He Laughs At Me by Briony Carvalho (4)
"Very appealing choice of words, paticuarily the mood shift in the last stanza " -- kw.
"Thank you - think it needs some work but glad you like it - your turn now!" -- Briony.
"for some reason i can't seem to get a review to come up, i tried it from a different computer, maybe this will work. wonder if i've been banned or have been given a time out. i guess i could go sit in a corner for a bit, maybe that'd work. in any event, should this go through, i'll join k in saying this was cool. doesn't hurt a bit seeing the pic either. (hummmm, maybe it's my sexist remarks that get me in trouble)" -- curious.
"Hey Curious, thanks for the review...glad you liked it...not my normal thing but needed to post to get back in the flow after a break. Glad you liked the pic too ;)" -- Briony.


Fag-It Girls by Sooz (2)
"We've got 'em here too in the good ole USA. When I see them I wonder,who would want to ---- them???" -- Richard.
"in too much of a hurry to grow up ... if only they knew! Ta again Richard. " -- Sooz, Barrow, Cumbria, England.


Dark Wave by R Bennett Okerstrom (5)
"Not a song, but it probably could be the inspiration for one. I have to say that your poetry is very good and I am impressed. Although, I like the metal songs..." -- Steven, San Diego, CA.
"Definitely my favorite poem shared here...the stanza that rules is "During times of sorrow During times of joy Will I wake tomorrow Set to destroy or Will I learn to live Outside the lines Without confines Without designs". It's so powerful and yet has this jazzy rhythm that spins your mind. Are you going to publish soon?" -- mia.
"Publish, publish, publish. If only there were a publisher to go to. I'd rather publish to hardcopy than to an online site. Just waiting for the right situation to do so. Thanks for the kind words Mia. I actually thought this wasn't my best effort when I wrote it last week. Glad you think otherwise." -- R. Bennett.
"This reminds me of "Standing on the Edge of Depression" -imagery of a deep well of emotions and overcoming the negative. The opening stanza is very powerful and I like the tempo and pace. The piece has teeth. I like it more each time I read it." -- Royal D.
"Thanks Royal. Emotion is a very powerful tool. Especially when one can gather it and put it on paper." -- R. Bennett.


A Lost Generation ? by Colin Baker (3)
"Unfortunately, I can say only Amen!" -- RICHARD.
"Thank you Richard..... Yes, it's a sad phenomenon which is evident to varying degrees in all Western societies. And while we may disagree as to the origins of such happenings along with possible ways of addressing such issues, I think most people would agree on one thing, namely that such a negative state of affairs, pervasive as it is among many youths of our day, is worth tackling in some or other positive way.." -- Colin Baker.
"You know I really believe that among many things, God is a jokester. The most cruel joke he played on us is that he has allowed almost anyone to procreate. If you breed two milkwagon horses, don't expect to come up with a thoroughbred. The only sure way of "tackling" the problem of these doomed youths is to discourage morons from procreating. Lots 'o luck." -- Richard.


There are 14 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.