www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Poetry - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

I Love You Baby by Jasmine P Batey (3)
"Personally I believe you have the word 'care' too many times in the first two lines. But since you're 14 I think you're alright. Might look at more of your Others. " -- Frankie, AUSTRALIA MATE.
"I agree, but i couldnt think of another word... do you have a suggestion? " -- Jasmine, The Auther.
"Maybe "tell me you're there"?" -- Frankie.


Heaven... by Jasmine P Batey (3)
"For Micheal, Love must be really blind for you to have loved him so much. If he could not see that, that Good luck to bad rubbish!. I am sure you will find another one who will see the true love in you. But sometimes it is hard to let go, if not - give it time - than he might realize that you were the right one. I hope God will heal your broken heart. Bear in mind that there are plenty more fishs in the sea. God bless. " -- Jacky, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Thankyou Jacky!! I'll keep your words in mind" -- Jasmine.
"Sad...I feel your pain." -- Kris.


Why The Gun? by Jasmine P Batey (1)
"Well I believe it starts of good, hooks a reader in a bit. But in saying that I think the ending falls flat a little bit, but it's still a pretty good piece. Keep writing girlie! I would love for you to email me, your poetry really makes me feel the emotion you're portraying, and I'm strictly interested in poetry and emotion: [email protected]" -- Frankie, AUSTRALIA MATE.


Don't Judge Me Via A Book By It's Cover by Amarjit Bhambra (2)
"Gosh I thought you was talking about yourself!!Very suprising. I like suprises." -- Bex.
"Dear Bex, It shows you, us humans cannot just compare ourselves with each other but as per my peom - which comes from a different angle. I'am glad you liked the surprise. " -- Amy, London, UK.


Praying For A Mircle.... by Amarjit Bhambra (1)
"Thanks to anyone who did pray. Today 22nd Nov. 2006. After 5 weeks Payam spoke for the first time. Please keep praying so he can make a full recovery. Thank you. God Bless." -- Amy, Hayes, UK.


�How Many Soldiers?� by Cedric McClester (4)
"sure the death and destruction are a steep price but i think you'd be among the first and loudest to be bitching when we get hit next. war isn't fun, neither is getting blindsided. we're fighting people who don't care about living and dying, just that they turn back the clock and take us all to the middle ages. kovar towers, twin towers, london subway, madrid rail righ a bell? it would be just great if we could negotiate our way out of this mess but the other side is intractable. kill any and all that have a different outlook on what life and living should be. nice that we're free in this country to say what we think isn't it?" -- curious.
"Cedric, just because the NY Post is a little conservative at times (not often) does not make it a right wing rag. I think you are very confused about where center is. I believe you think center is third base and anyone standing in fair territory must be right of center. " -- Richard.
"A complex analysis of a very tricky political issue, examining all the pros and cons of troop withdrawal with a detailed examination of the reasoning behind going to war in the first place. Oh hang on, no it isn't." -- Peter Rivendell.
"Iraq had nothing to do with anything you have mentioned. Is it any wonder why they hate us. You can't justify the unjustifiable. Staying in Iraq only prolongs the misery. We are hated in the world because of our arrogance. God did not decree that we have hegemony over the rest of the world." -- Cedric McClester, New York, NY, United States.


Your Red, Red Heart by Randall Barfield (1)
"I found it beautiful, simple, so it can be relly well undestood by kids and at the same time, beautiful." -- Maria, MEXICO, D.F., MEXICO.


You Will Never Be The King by Green Emerald (4)
"OOOhhh, This is different. I like the energy in this one too" -- kwilt.
"Thanks kwilt. Hatred can use up alot of energy sometimes." -- Green Emerald.
"Hate is indeed a useless thing and uses way to much energy. But kings sit on thrones of thier own making." -- mattie.
"Well said Mattie" -- Green Emerald.


You Need A Beating! by Carla Thomson (1)
"wow ya sound mad at someone or something, smile it'll be better." -- Matthew Mark@, USA.


Wishing For In Haiku Form... by Amarjit Bhambra (2)
"really enjoyed the poem. I've tried Haiku myself and it isn't always easy" -- kate kerrison.
"Hi, Kate, thanks for reading. I agree, that is isn't easy to write a Haiku but it's nice to have a go. Go on have a go and good luck." -- Amy, Hayes, UK.


What Will She Be Like? by Green Emerald (2)
"I'm really happy with this one! I hope you all like it! I find it so easy writing about real life experiences, because your just putting reality into poetry. Keep Reading & Enjoying!" -- Green Emerald.
"enjoyed this one, can understand the trepidation since there are so many bad mother in law stories out there along with a passel of bad ones in the flesh." -- curious.


What Is This Thing Called Love? by Amarjit Bhambra (2)
"No way is that Love! It's called desperation and being in denial! I feel sorry for you that you have someone like that in your life, because advice is hard to follow and some people just don't know when to listen to good advice. It's hard to see loved ones in pain. But thats their life. God has his ways of protecting people. Have faith." -- Bex.
"Dear Bex, Thanks for your reading your are right about the desperation and denial bit, and my family always agreed (like at least he is there with her - her fellower - the one that broke her jaw in 3 places) But real love is when you stick by the one you love - believe you me- this one did not care for her when she was in hospital and this was the only time l could actually cared for her, but she did not care about this - she ran back to him. The only thing that l can put back in her ears - is the love of God. This read is also for people who are on their way to Alcoholism, "Kick the Habit, before it kicks you". because its a very difficulat road or path ahead and the only person that chooses to be on it, is you." -- Amy, London, UK.


Weather,Rain by P L L Loomis (1)
"I liked your poem, as of todays date, 7th December 2006 I was actually siting and reading storymania, at about 10 am l wanted to write about the Trondo, as only last week there was one in Hampshire and it was predictied that there would be another one by wednesday, that is yestoday. Anyway, l was expecting this - by 11 O'Clock - It really happend here in London!" -- Amy, london, UK.


Wanderer by Wanderer Bass (1)
"I think that wondering is great, and I liked rapturing. Good job. Sharon" -- sharon, Natchitoches, LA, usa.


Unfair by Jack Primer (2)
"It is so sad to hear about your friend and also lucky to have you as a friend. Maybe you are an Angel in disguse - to be with your friend till the end. The greatest gift that you can give is the gift of Love. Don't wait for the date- no one can give an exact date of birth of death (Only God knows this hour). For whatever time your friend has left - fill it with making him or her happy even though it is difficult.Than you will cherish every memory. Praying is very powerful -you will find comfort in your heart. God bless you for looking after your friend. "A friend in need, is a friend indeed"." -- Amy, London, UK.
"Oh just another thing that l want to say, is that my own mother had cancer and was told that she had a failing heart and was sent home to die. But with love and looking after her - she made it through another three years- in which time we had lovely times together. Keep praying and belive in God. God Bless. " -- Amy, London, UK.


Two Of God's Great Kingdoms by Green Emerald (2)
"Wow...that was really, really good!!!" -- Jordan.
"Thank You Jordan. I was watching Children In Need the other day and that is what inspired me to write this poem." -- Green Emerald.


The Pull by Kendall Wilt (3)
"i like this one and what it means to you. and i like that one can interpret it into their own world." -- intoxicated mind.
"I agree that this can be interpreted by the reader to mean many things...nice write kendall " -- mattie.
"I am new to this site - this essay was the first I read. Very compelling...." -- Robin, Alexandria, Va, US.


The Perception Of A Whore by Cynara Moore (1)
"Yes, she is a big whore and nothing more! She doesn't care who gets hurt and in the end she'll be the one who gets hurt and that is just what she deserves! So why should anyone care what she thinks or feels? The fella? Well he is nothing but a shady ass liar and he'll get what he deserves too!" -- Angie.


The Kings by Kate Kerrison (1)
"Made me laugh out loud, sounds just like my local on a friday night" -- chris, oxford.


The Great Procrastination by T J Rintoull (6)
"So many of you "poets" (I apply that term generously) either try to copy from something you stumbled across, or fall in love with the idea that mystic, metaphoric, disguised vocabulary and phrases are impressive. Apparently, you don't care if anyone but you understands your poem (assuming you understand what you are attempting to say). Even the most symbolic poem with multiple, plausible interpretations, leaves the reader a hint of what the author had in mind. By the way, what has procrastination got to do with this poem?" -- Rcihard.
"Does the term metaphor mean anything to you? Now, I have no problem whatsoever with criticism, so long as it's constructive...but what exactly have I copied here? Or "stumbled across"? This work is original. Thank you. It is the lyric content of a song I wrote. By the way, I'll say it again; constructive criticism is appreciated...but what exactly are YOU trying to say, other than the very basic, "i think this poem sucks?" That doesn't seem very constuctive. Have you ever heard of Jim Morrison? Oh yes, procrastination - read the poem in a global context, think about it for a while, then personalise it - hopefully procrastination will make some sense then. Also, the use of metaphor and non-literal vocabulary here is not meant to be "impressive" it is meant to convey a particular feeling. I hope you don't read all poems with so much closed-mindedness." -- TJ Rintoull.
"Read the poem in a global context??? What the fuck does that mean? I'm so sorry I'm unable to appreciate your self- annointed genius although there might be an entire world of critics out there who appreciate your work. After all, there are critics who could find mysticism and romance on a canvas splattered by a bucket of feces. Actually, I don't think you'd know constructive criticism if it hit you in the head. This is because you are like the poseur who becomes so consummed with his own creation, he lashes out at all those who fail to share his self-admiration of his work. " -- Richard.
"In a global context - the references are both historical and global, as well as personalised - I'm not exactly sure how you come to call me "self-annointed genius" - nor do I admire my own work...actually I think most of it is full of flaws - what I don't understand is what exactly about this poem fills you with so much obvious animosity? Okay, here we go, I hate doing this to poetry, even my own - much like a haiku, the title of the poem is it's real meaning - so the poem is about procrastination, of the mind and of the human spirit - but the last line of the repeated (chorus) part is a positive one, i.e. "kisses will always be free" - no matter how much one lets pass them by - a forest turns into a steeple, i.e. a town built on nature, meanwhile the subject is still in their own moment, and the question is posed that is that so called 'progress' (the forest replaced with civilisation) an answer to the procrastinators' question, (has anything any purpose or reason, really?) - there's so much to see, so much to be, but regardless of how much and how often everything passes by and you do nothing about it, kisses will always be free. There we go, that's some of the poem, deconstructed for you - I am not going to deconstruct the entire thing. I still don't think any criticism that involves callig the work, in so many words, crap, is constructive." -- T J Rintoull.
"I have no right to dispute the meaning or spirit of the poem as partially defined in your "deconstruction" response. However, your use of metaphors and allegorical references, I feel, has not captured the substance or spirit of what you feel you are conveying to your readers. I found the work to be largely abstract and found myself looking for aomething more profound. "kisses will always be free" That is debatable. Each kiss has a different meaning and there is often a price to pay in terms of committment, gratitude, honor, or even betrayal. That's about as constructive as I can get. " -- Richard.
"That I accept. Thanks." -- TJ Rintoull.


The Christmas Season by Christina Breck (1)
"For a 10 year old girl, this is wonderful. I think it shows creativity, humor, and a nice use of the English language" -- Carolyn DeLaFleur.


The Art Of Smiling by Green Emerald (2)
"Yes smile!!! That's something I've been trying to encourage everyone to do... Yes i will smile so that you can smile too "Smiles"... Really liked this one... And keep on smiling.. It's the best medicine that this world can give!" -- Carla Thomson.
"Thank you for your positive review Carla! You've really cheered me up! Keep smiling!" -- Green Emerald.


Sweet Memories by Green Emerald (1)
"Memories are what we Have. Dreams are what we live for." -- Green Emerald.


Stop Looking To The Skies by Carla Thomson (1)
"Everybody avoids eye contact when they're lieing. Nice poem." -- Green Emerald.


Still Waiting by Carla Thomson (2)
"That guy only exsists in our dreams Honey. But good luck in your search. Nice poem. *Smiles*" -- Green Emerald.
"IF he doesn't love ya for you dump his ass.. ha" -- Matthew Mark@, USA.


Sorrow by Johnson Courtney (2)
"Well tis by me so lol, not much to say, except that I submitted a story and it is no where to be found." -- Courtney, Biloela, QLD, Australia.
"I know what you mean (about the poem and the story) on of mine was whisked away to the ether! Like the poem, simple yet powerful" -- me.


Raindrops Of Thoughts by Katie Brock (1)
"I will read what you write as long as you want me to." -- tsa.


Praising Him by Carla Thomson (2)
"Call him on your Cell.. JK call upon him.." -- Matthew Mark@, USA.
"Sometimes when people are hurt (emotionally, sickness, lonelines ect., this brings us closer to God and realise he is there for us, to comfort and to heal ones heart. I must say l loved your poem." -- AMY, Hayes, UK.


Ode To The Bathroom Scales by Kate Kerrison (3)
"Hey I threw mine away years ago and it really is liberating " -- Anna.
"You Go Girl!" -- Green Emerald.
"this was quite clever, comical and profound all at once. nice going." -- curious.


Nine-Eleven Is The Boogie Man by Cedric McClester (1)
"awesome." -- Jeanette .


My First Christmas Without You by Green Emerald (2)
"oohh now that's a warning that should be headed....for the love of christmas dammit" -- kwilt.
"Thanks for your comment Kwilt. Yes I should actually name the title of this poem "For the Love of Christmas dammit" That will turn a few heads! Everyone learns from their mistakes (well I hope so anyway) Keep Reading." -- Green Emerald.


Move Or Sit Still by Jack Primer (2)
"Hey Jack, just sit there. Don't move. You have lots of company. They're all destined to be losers (like you, if you decide to follow the premise of your poem.)" -- Richard.
"If one would sit still and hope life come to you - than you have to be a very very strong person, and at the end you will than realize that there is only God. Maybe this might be a way to test ones faith. And if you are lucky to get over any depression that comes your way - you will realize that God has helped you throw. In writing a poem like this one should realize the words, "What you sow is what you leap". The above is negative thinking, think postive." -- Amy, London, UK.


Moonlight Oceanside by Kendall Wilt (5)
"very well written kendal some great discriptions brought back some memories for me ." -- fh, canada.
"I know I can rythm, but I wish I could make my poetry as picturesque as you can. How do you think of such profound adjectives?? Keep writing, we'll keep reading." -- Green Emerald.
"A beautiful piece Kendall, I was walking along that beach with the images your words painted - beautiful!" -- Briony.
"Great mate, nice imagery, like the third line, its quite nice. Peace." -- Hugh.
"The imagery was most excellent" -- mattie.


Matthew by Carla Thomson (1)
"wow thanks that was cool. and thoughtful punky.. aka Matte" -- Matthew Mark@, USA.


Love Poem by Audra Haney (2)
"nice sensual piece, good way to brighten a monday morning, well any morning i guess." -- curious.
"Very sensual piece, I liked your other poems as well..." -- mattie.


Lost In Time by Green Emerald (4)
"sometimes as we get older we forget about how we used to be when we didn't have any responsibilites. we should make to most of what we have now and make the best of ourselves" -- kate kerrison.
"I understand what your saying, but I wrote this poem because I haven't forgotten about the way I used to be when I was young free and single. That is why I wrote this poem. I appreciate everything I have now, but sometimes I just like to ponder over my old memories of my old self. Thanks for reading." -- Green Emerald.
"wow, probably reached a bunch of ladies with that one, probably some guys too. too bad some didn't appreciate the freedom of being single and lived it to the hilt. actually i think i did my part and while really content with my life now, just a bit of me misses that wild and carefree period. ah yes, such is life. anyhow loved this one." -- curious.
"I'm fortunate to say I did enjoy my single life to the fullest that is why I miss it so much. But we're never satisfied, because back then I longed for the right man to come along and sweep me off my feet, then when it finally did happen, I started to miss my old life. I am very happy now, but somedays when the burden of responsibilities start to ware out my shoulders, I start to miss my spinster days. Would you believe I am only in my early 20s! & I'm complaining about being young & free. Just goes to show how circumstances of life can change a person, no matter how old or young. Thanks for your reviews. Much appreciated." -- Green Emerald.


Lets Clean The Slate by Carla Thomson (2)
"Simple and sweet. Good work." -- Green Emerald.
"Nice one, and so full of truth" -- Andrzej Podlewski, Katowice, Poland.


It's My Birthday! by Carla Thomson (1)
"Great job! Love it.." -- Matthew Mark@, USA.


Is What L Hate, Is What L ................. by Amarjit Bhambra (15)
"Yes but women who work still have to do their house work and look after their kids and husbands. Except the only difference is they work 2 duties- 1 at home & 1 at work. My advice is if you don't like dirt don't have pets!" -- Bex.
"Vaseline all over the mirror! Sounds like you've got more animals than humans in your household. I blame the up bringing!" -- Truth.
"Alot of women do what you do and still go out and work aswell to help their husbands pay for bills and mortgage! Your lucky to be at home. I am a working mum and a housewife at the sometime and let me tell you it is not easy work! Atleast you get to wake up when you want, sleep when you want and you can stay in the comfort of your own home, ask those women who wake up to go out and work in the rain and wind and then come home shattered and clean up and cook dinner. Either way it's not easy. Thats why women have it much harder than men." -- Kate.
"I can understand why you wrote this. You don't mind cleaning and doing your housewife because that comes part of being a mother and wife but the worse thing is not being appreciated for it, especially by your own husband. My husband helps me with the housework and we take it in turns to cook dinner. We both work and both look after the children. Thats we both have to pull our weight around! Hard luck for those who have ungrateful husbands. Never mind. I'm sure he has his qualities." -- Beth, Kent.
"BEX, To get rid of pets which you haved as much as your own chilren and have had them for over 11 years - It is the attachment and also the love that the children have for them. If we were to get rid of them now, l know the chilren will be greiving which is very had to deal with as it is when some one you love dies. Their nan died not long ago, I cannot bear to see them hurt anymore. My hushand and l even though we have constant argues about what's said in my poem - we only come to one conclusion, that once our pets are in our house, we shall keep them until they die and so be it. So what l hate doing, l shall love to do it. " -- Amy, London, UK.
"Truth, Yes, they are spoilt via my Motherly love, I will go on spoiling them, until it last. Because l do not work, l could not spoil them in buying them this and that But l love to be at home to hear them call, "Mum" they have been out school or working. It lovly to be at home to have their food ready for them. - l rather have Vaseline on the Mirrors any old day even though l hate this, than my children wrong things like drugs ect. " -- Amy, UK, London.
"Kate, Believe you me, l used to love dressing pretty to go to work and other people comment on appearance, dress etc. It made me feel nice to be at work. I had my share of the rain, wind and the snowy weather too I used to love it and now miss it too, especially the company of work mates that used to make it our day. At least l used to have a lie in during the weekends. Believe you me, l have no time to lie in bed now. To every one, there cannot be many people who hate something that they love. Lets face it - we all have to work for money and money cannot buy love. I am not saying that husbands are ungrateful, all men who work do it for their families responsibilites - to keep the balance right - women work equal to men. Different families have different circumstance and their own personal opinions and reasons as to why a moman, or a men, can work or not work." -- Amy, London, Uk.
"You contridict yourself many times. Either you like your life or you don't. It has to be one or the other. Either you can complain about your life or you can appreciate it. Don't be half and half it clogs up the mind. Either you like pets or you don't, complaining about mess and dirt, thats what comes part of having pets so either hate it or love it you still have to do. Pets are for life not just for christmas. As for kids doing drugs thats not the point, it's about having respect for their home, a home should be a man's kingdom! everyone should do their bit. When they work do they give you their wages? I think women should work to have their own independence, if not that just, to keep them sane! They start going do-lally when they only walls to stare at. Theres only so much you can do at home. You call life a vicious cycle...It can't be that bad." -- Truth.
"Dear Truth, Do appreciate you views, the truth is one cannot choose to either hate or love life - one has to appreciate both. About our pets, do feel free to read about them in my other poems dedicated to them. It will give you more understanding to my feeling about them and why l appreciate and love them so much. This particular poem is about the housework really. Life does go around in a circle - we all go forward in life - and doing things in life is a vicious cirle. For instance every one gets out of bed every day and go to bed every night - we are all in this circle. I am a peot and this is a way that l express my own feeling. I appreciate the feed back. God Bless." -- Amy, Hayes, UK.
"You're lucky you have a husband, breadwinner. Just think about what life would be like being a single mom and having to do all that and work full time outside the home and struggle financially on a daily basis. Now that sucks!" -- Mary.
"I totally agree with you Mary I hate it when people don't appreciate their life and complain about things without really thinking it through. If it really doesn't bug you from the heart then don't write about it how much you hate it." -- Linda.
"Nice to hear about the lives of other woman. Either way, any woman's life is hard. Conclusion - Us Woman, we are tough cookies. " -- Amy, London, UK.
"Some learn to accept what God has give and some complain either way we still fulfill all our duties as a- mother, daughter, sister, wife and many more. That is why are the ones who give birth because theres noway God could let a man do such a beautiful natural maternal thing like giving birth. Only we can do that. I think women should see outside of the box, I know grass is always greener on the other side but when you complain think twice about the lives of women living in straw huts,starving,living in the middle of war,no money shelter food or clothes. Just be grateful to God for what you do have." -- Bex.
"Bex, please do not get me wrong just because l have written this poem, I am sure a lot of woman complain with this and that - l am sure a lot of man would agree to this. I am 100 percent grateful to God with what l have, his gifts are endless and l cannot thank God enough. I have personally seen beggar in India, who have no arms and legs and the way the Govenment their treat them. Even though l am not earning, l am constantly finding pennies all over the house, which l give to charity. Anything that l do or not do in life - i love to write about. Everybody have two sides to them so in my poetry hate or love is a subject that l can write about. " -- Amy, London, UK.
"PS. sometimes there are a lot of things that we hate with life (negetive side of life) and we can grow to love this hate hence to keep the balance right in life. This is my view of my life. Cheers to everyones own comments on this one - no offence to anyone." -- Amy, London, UK.


Innocence Of A Child by Green Emerald (2)
"i agree 100%" -- Carla Thomson.
"I'm glad! So should everybody else! I have a little boy and he is my precious gift from God and to ever imagine him in any sort of pain or sadness is unbearable. That is why I wrote this poem. Because all children are God's angels. Thank you for reading" -- Green Emerald.


I'm Sorry, But I Can No Longer Be Yours by Audra Audra (1)
"i this is great, could feel the venom-frustration and it kept getting better as i read down. " -- curious.


Ignorance Is Good? by Jack Primer (2)
"Ignorance is God, for the seek of knowledge is esencially humane, while God is immobile and perfect. Perfection implies no change, whereas knowledge is constant movement. That's why God does not think, thinking is a process and he is static. And if he doesn't think, then he is ignorance. The buddhist method of erradicating personality and thought itself is, indeed, a way of connecting with the ATMAN, God, the parmenic Being, Perfection and Ignorance as a single thing. Aniway, I think each of the words of your brief poem worth gold." -- Horacio Aguilar, Argentina.
"I enjoyed you comment Horacio Aguilar. Although I did not write this about god, but I like it when people find different interpretations of my work! " -- jack, usa.


If You Really Think There's A War On Terror by Cedric McClester (2)
"Cedric, It is the Christmas season so I'll try to be as kind as I can. When you have a fanatical enemy who hates you and has already demonstrated they will stop at nothing to kill you, it is simple-minded to believe that any action you take will provoke them even more. You can neither provoke nor pacify someone who has already professed their sworn hatred for you. There can only be one solution. You kill them or they kill you. We've lost over 3,000 men and women in Iraq and even more who were maimed and seriously injured. However, the naivete' and passiveness and in many cases, downright cowardice, of people who think like you have contributed to the death of MILLIONS throughout the annals of history. You don't get it. You never will. You spend your entire lives latching on to a cause to believe in. When that cause has disappeared or stopped seeming relevant to you, you move on, looking for another. Even after the purpose of the cause is forgotten or becomes irrelevant and unimportant, you never see that the "cause" itself and being part of its movement is all that ever really mattered to begin with. You're like a bunch of ditsy broads who belong to a club. It's the same club with the same members. They just keep changing the name of the club. " -- Richard.
"Richard, have you ever asked yourself why we are hated to the point where someone is willing to take their own life for an opportunity to take us out. Oh, that's right, they hate us cause we're free! If the killing is ever going to stop, we have to get to the root cause. Fanatics aren't born they are made. We have to acknowledge what it is that we do that contributes to that kind of hatred. Simplistic answers don't procvide us with any solutions. Incidently, it was our idiot president who put those 3,000 Americans in Iraq, resulting in their deaths, not to mention the 600,000 Iraqis who have lost their lives. They did not attack us on NINE_ELEVEN, George Bush's friends, the Saudis did. This war is about money and billions have been made. It has never been about terrorism. You my friend are the naive one. I believe in justice and this is an unjust president, who started an unjust war, that could threaten our safety for decades to come. War should always be a last option. You can't declare a war on terrorism. What uniform do the terrorist wear. How will you know when you've won. Fortunately, under George Bush's tenure we haven't been attacked again, yet, but you'd do well to remember, there were eight years between the first World Trade Center attack and NINE-ELEVEN. Because we haven't been hit, doesn't mean we won't be hit again." -- Cedric McClester, New York, NY, United States.


I Saw You by Wanderer Bass (2)
"It's a good story but uh.. it kinda scary if you think about it cause so many woman are stalked and horrible things happen to them because (no offense) they are ignorant of how to protect themselves..." -- Jordan.
"You poem speaks for itself that only a mental person on pills would do thing like this. Over the past years l have come across girls who have been stalked. The worst ones being faced by strikers. If one fancys anyone why not do it the simple way. - a bunch of flowers? Nice poem anyways, as it still happens so." -- Sam, Finland , Holland.


I Hate Poetry by Mandi Butkovich (3)
"so...here's a crazy thought for ya...write books then and don't write poetry! You are right though, your poetry is a bit rubbish but actually." -- so.
"I actually thought it was quite clever." -- TJ Rintoull, Australia.
"They rhyme well, the you and the do, the rhymes and the limes, the now and the cow,the well and the hell, the long and the wrongh, the voice and the choice, the voice and the choice says it all, - You write good poetry " -- Amy, London, UK.


I Actually Did It. by Req (1)
"very unique" -- Jeanette .


Haikus Erotiques by Randall Barfield (1)
"try writing a hiaku using 3-5-3, instead of using 5-7-5. i think using 3-5-3 are more powerfull peoms." -- jack, usa.


God's Grace Is Always Given, But Not Always Accepted by Jack Primer (3)
"I like your feelings and write on this. Which ever way you feel, God is always there, when you will need his help. Again, maybe your feelings are a test of your faith in God. Never lose faith. God Bless. " -- Amy, London, UK.
"Remember, no matter if you are a believer in God or not he still does miracles in your life and he tries to show you he there to protect and love you always. " -- Jordan.
"Our Seventy times seven saviour is the God of second chances and much more. Matthew 11 v 28 " -- ann gordon.


First & Last Love by Green Emerald (2)
"all i can say is WOW!!! this one's really good!" -- Carla Thomson.
"Thank you very much!" -- Green Emerald.


Finding An Exit by Michael J Musto (1)
"Writing is very well constructed, I can actually see this happening before my eyes as I read each word" -- Deana Truppa, Schaumburg, IL, USA.


Empty Threats by Green Emerald (1)
"I wonder if this has got you all guessing about whom I am talking about in this poem?? Feel free to have a guess and lets see who is right." -- Green Emerald.


Come Due by M Q Walters (2)
"nice writing as ussual Mattie your words are very fluent and well thought out .have a great day" -- fh, canada.
"Thank you fh" -- mattie.


Christmas by Green Emerald (5)
"nice writing I liked the simplicity of your Christmas you focused on the important stuff and that is what we all remember as we move along in life ." -- fh, canada.
"Thank you for your comment, I love Christmas & I always keep it simple. Sometimes we forget the real meaning of Christmas. It is about the birth of Christ. It is about giving and sharing and most of it is about togetherness. That is why I love it when my family all get together for Christmas, thats the real present! Thanks for reading. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!" -- Green Emerald.
"How very true....Merry Christmas to you too....keep up with your magical writings" -- kwilt.
"I loved the sentiment and christmas is all about family and being with someone special.....lovely words...merry christmas " -- kate kerrison.
"Thank you everyone with for all your encouraging comments!" -- Green Emerald.


California Stop by Kendall Wilt (3)
"I totally understand your point, but see good artist and poets must be recognized such as yourself. Your stuff just blows me away and I have read many poems and Carla's as well and I know freaking talent when I see it.. So that is why I chose to write a poem.. have a fun holiday.. Matthew" -- Matthew Mark, USA.
"nice write Kendal ,it came across as something someone may quote one day nice write." -- fh, canada.
"Check out quilt... IT's about yous" -- Matthew Mark@, USA.


Betsy by Nick Paul Phillip Laprarie (1)
"This is odd liek a kids story but sad - made u think about things though" -- Joachin.


Best Friends by Jessica Jackson (1)
"Hey Jessica this IS a very good poem. Good Work!" -- Ryan Morales.


Beauty Of Horror by Rae (2)
"Indeed...very well written" -- mattie.
"indeed" -- kwilt.


All Kinds Of Love by Kate Kerrison (1)
"Love is a beautiful thing to cherish! Some people may love material things, but the real love is of a person who loves you back! Love is God and God is Love. I liked this one. Made me start to think of the different ways love is portrayed." -- Green Emerald.


Aged by Kate Kerrison (1)
"Nice twist in the end, I thought you were refering to a old person at first. I like short and sweet poems." -- Green Emerald.


A Night I Can't Remember by Kate Kerrison (2)
"Sounds about like what Christmas nights are like.....great way to get back in the mood for the season...." -- kwilt.
"nice writing reminds me off some christmas past I'd like to forget .where I come from that gutter is snow bank and well it's comfotable in all you need to leave your shoes on .nice write . " -- fh, canada.


There are 60 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.