www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Poetry - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Not Here by Buxton (2)
"WOW...." -- mattie.
"Fantastic imagery....You captured anger very well in this one. I like the open ending" -- kwilt.


The Hands by Randall Barfield (1)
"Chilling!" -- Smuckers.


Yours. . . by Samara (2)
"I really liked this one Samara...understand the feelings all to well. " -- mattie.
"No, no, no....not ideas... don't write about feelings... write the pictures that imply feelings... avoid the emptiness of words that do not sing " -- dee.


You're My Shoe! by Briony Carvalho (1)
"This was a cute little love poem. Very cool Briony" -- [email protected].


Xylocitin For Me Please by Kendall Wilt (5)
"Wonderful to have such a place...wanna share it for a bit?" -- mattie.
"Even though it's my secret little place I'd be willing to share if you brought the beer" -- kwilt.
"I'm there...what brand ya want me to bring?" -- mattie.
"nice pictures in this really well presented,have a great day" -- fh, canada.
"Ha! Thank you Fred.....I guess I'm just now catching this one" -- kwilt.


Wrong by M Q Walters (3)
"excellent write Mattie,really well put together ,a feeling of regret it comes across as desperation without hope for the writer .have a great evening " -- fh, canada.
"Awww man....Thats some sad stuff Mattie. I know from my own experience of being a kid that as you get older you love your parents no matter what, just as parents have always loved thier children through thick and thin" -- kwilt.
"Thanks fh and Kendall...I guess I had this idea that I might be the perfect mother (delusions of grandeur!) I swore I would never make the same mistakes my parents did; I didn�t, but have sure made some of my own. Being a mother and dealing with my issues from the past and my depression are pretty tuff sometimes...and I suffer my little silent melt-downs. Thanks again for the words of support�they do mean something to me :) " -- mattie.


Worthless by Kayla Meadows (3)
"i liked this one, the way it was written... reminds me of some things i've gone through... poeple i used to know." -- Carla Thomson.
"More self-obsessed angst. Get over it! This is NOT poetry. " -- dee.
"I liked it. Funny... I don't think it's self-obsessed. That's a little critical. I think is filled with emotions something that everyone has or releases at one time or another." -- Sara .


What Part Of You Is Me. by Buxton (4)
"bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it! Hugs," -- dri.
"Hey thanks Dri. Good to hear from you again.I aint seen much of your work going about lately, I will be on the lookout :)" -- Buxton.
"decisions decisions.....sometimes you have to let the door hit you in the ass on the way out" -- kwilt.
"Keep writing those goods, man I am worried.. ha JK It's all good.. Great writing.." -- Matthew Mark@, USA.


We Ended The Way We Started by Gina M Therrien (2)
"so sweet and beautiful!!" -- Dri.
"Thanks Dri, it surfaced from a realization if what the relationship centered asround, our ability to communicate openly and honestly. Real shocker that it ended abruptly, much like a picture in an envelope...Hugs" -- Gina.


Watched Me Fall by M Q Walters (5)
"you seem to be in such a dark place lately, it lends itself to good, but depressing poetry." -- curious.
"Yea I have been in a pretty dark mood as of lately, but my sun will shine! Thanks curious." -- mattie.
"Hey it happens to the best of us.Like any other mood it's a passing phase though and it doesn't last forever.Cheer up Mattie!!!" -- Brian L.
"Thanks Brian, good to hear from you:)" -- mattie.
"hey Mattie I like the writing, has a good flow to it ,the down side is something I like to write not nessasarily taken that this is my nature as a person.have a great evening" -- fh, canada.


Wamphyrri by T J Rintoull (1)
"Well done! My homepage | Please visit" -- Joy, Austria, Austria, Austria.


Torn Apart While Sleeping by Kendall Wilt (9)
"An excellently structuredand written poem mate. Preace" -- Hugh.
"WOW...." -- mattie.
"Superb! I love the flow it kept throughout. Well done." -- Buxton.
"Excellent work dude. I agree that the poem was well structered and kept a great flow.. Hope to see more." -- sasu.
"really well written ,the flow was excellent great job ." -- fh, canada.
"Whew.......Sure do got a hangover now. I'm back to normal, I guess" -- kwilt.
"Thank you so much for the reviews. They mean even more to me afetr reading your work because of your talent. This was amazing" -- Samara.
"Thank you very much Samara. I feel blessed to have so many great people review this. I'll continue to try to improve thanks to all your comments" -- kwilt.
"Hi Kendall, I really like this piece for the same reasons as everyone else, great flow, use of words and well structured. GJ mate, know the feeling." -- Dave Sutton.


This Thirst by Randall Barfield (1)
"Yep. Threw a question that resonated deep in my soul. Haiku-like, I like. " -- dee.


This Marble Reflection by T J Rintoull (2)
"Get past the personal and use your weapons to construct a world for me, rather than spewing bile, angst, depression, sorrow or love. None of those are handled well in poerty except by the very, very few aliens among us such as Neruda. You've got great tools. Sharpen them carefully and slice open the veil of your reality to show me a piece that does not have the taste of adolescence. I do like to read you. " -- dee.
"Okay - harsh, maybe a little, but I understand what you're saying. Thanks - constructive criticism is a rare thing to receive. Good to have some :)" -- TJ.


The Raven Stops But Once by Gina M Therrien (1)
"I really like the metaphors, especially 'cars go by, not knowing your fears, you take flight' I understand that as your love was fragile, this person was weak. 'Picking your worms' that is almost hilarious. I hope I read this right." -- Matt.


The Etch-A-Sketch by Smuckers (1)
"another good one, i knew how this was going to end for some reason but it was fun getting there." -- curious.


The Canyon,The Hawk And The Dreamcatcher by Brian C Lebron (2)
"Beautiful title, it really captures the essence of the dream" -- Jessica.
"Hey that's awesome thanks Jess I'm glad you liked it." -- Brian L.


Thank You (For Everything That You Do) by Sasu (2)
"Sweet, but this isn't a poem to go out on......go out with a bang, like your last one. why stop anyway? Quitter" -- kwilt.
"I was just feeling a bit shitty the other day. I aint gonna quit kwilt. I think I just need to shed my illusion of what poetry is." -- Sasu.


Swish by Hannah L Beal (1)
"That was such a pretty and descriptive piece of imagery. I really liked it! You should write some more!" -- Hanna, Australia.


Sleeping by Nikki Drosos (3)
"Hey all we have another Keats..!! Hi Nik.." -- Matthew Mark@, USA.
"Your a liar and Good Luck in life as you'll need it with a gangbanger loser like that.." -- Matthew Mark@, USA.
"This shows tha you never felt it. Need to feel something to write about it. At least know what love is." -- Will, Danville, IL, U.S.A..


Secrets by M Q Walters (4)
":(" -- kwilt.
"Hmmm... Kendall does that mean you don't like this poem...or does it mean you're sad or what? " -- mattie.
"Hey Mattie. . .Wow been a while since i been on here, although I am now writing under a different name, i used to write on this site often and we both shared many reviews on each others work. . .i really enjoyed this one, although sad to see somethings have not changed. . .great work. . . "Samara"" -- Samara - a past poet.
"A poem on this site "My Fairytale". . .one of many" -- Samara.


Secret Keeper by Kayla Meadows (1)
"Nice Work. I like the edge and forlonity it views. Although I must say the flow was a touch off for my liking, the first few lines made it differant, whether thats good or bad I leave up to you." -- Buxton.


Regrets Of A Non-Existent Kiss by Jessica McGough (1)
"beautiful pice. Very sad." -- dri.


Poetry 101 by Buxton (2)
"Ohh the agony, you really put some emotion into this one Bux. Had a great ending" -- kwilt.
"I take refuge in your poetry too. How did you start writing, i just can't seem to find the words like you do?" -- Forbidden Poet, Glasgow, Scotland.


Poena Speculum by T J Rintoull (2)
"okay, now you've done it. forced me to place you on my "favorites" to return to and study later. again, personal stuff, but damn you, well done! i'll be back with more when i've got time." -- dee.
"Thanks again dee, it's great to know someone likes my work." -- TJ.


Poena Flumen by T J Rintoull (1)
"wow... that was beautiful!" -- Carla Thomson.


Poena Defendo by T J Rintoull (2)
"TJ This is hot shit. I can sing these words and play them with strong solid beats on my congas. There's blood on the moon here and music 'tween the lines. You got it. Stay on the course. Not for fame or name, but because you got it. " -- dee.
"Hey thanks! Really glad you like this. " -- TJ Rintoull.


Poena Acer by T J Rintoull (2)
"How surprisingly deadly this is. I can feel your smile at the end of this one. The word "Even" is a rest-beat, but a verbal copout at this point in the construction. It should have opened more. I did want more. And I think that's what I like about it. " -- dee.
"Thanks so much! Hehe, I did smile at the end of this." -- TJ.


Only A Dream by Curious (6)
"Dreams come true...wonder how that feels? Nice write curious." -- mattie.
"thanks mattie, and dreams can come true so make certain to dream big, don't want to waste it on a small one after all." -- curious.
"Curious, yet again you reached inside, took my thoughts and made them into a polished collection of perfectly fitting words - beautiful!" -- Briony.
"so nice to hear from you briony and thanks, i'm not satisified with the las line or maybe the last couple but maybe something will come to me. thanks again." -- curious.
"P.S. All this talk about emails makes me think you might just owe me one...what's up with that?" -- mattie.
"nice write ,thought it was well executed and came together in the the final line .have a great evening" -- fh, canada.


My Perfect Love by Dri (3)
"Again, your writing incapsulates the very heart of Womankind. If men only realized......BRAVO Dri" -- gmt4.
"thank you so much. This one did come from the depths of my soul......I am so glad you've enjoyed it. Hugs," -- Dri.
"Beautifully expressed, Dri" -- mattie.


My Island Of Sonar by Devin Meekhof (2)
"Lovely....I like happy places......would love to see more like this.....she has great talent" -- kwilt.
"This is great. The flow is even, the imagery is working to your advantage. I want to go, too :) " -- rae.


Love From A Caged Bird by Kendall Wilt (9)
"Hmmm you planning to go to jail? Is this a song? " -- mattie.
"This is quite obviously a poem about a boss already in prison. Like so many of my poems, it has absolutely nothing to do with me, whatsoever." -- kwilt.
"a little harsh there aren't we, obviously? hummm. enough of that, the writing was clever and seemed real enough. sorry for being a prick, guess i woke up on the wrong side of the bed, or didn't get any or got too much." -- curious.
"Uh whatever man, as long as your being real. There aren't enough people out there that say what's on they're minds. I don't give a damn, I'm gonna say what I'm gonna say regaurdless if it makes someone pretend it hurt them soooo. It's just a game if they get upset anyway. "Ohhhhh woe is me, I'm the victim, he called me a fucking retard, It really tore me apart." I don't like to leave it up to someone to figure out how I feel or what I'm thinking and I don't bullshit around if I happen to be the victim of a "real" attack either. I don't draw attention to myself and garther up a team of tissue holders. I'm always going to say what I think and I plea for others to do the same. This goes a lot further than just making comments on this site too as you may have guessed" -- kwilt.
"Well, thats certainly a fair statement, at least you have a sense of reality mate. Anyway I really like the way this flows and is structured." -- Hugh.
"nice write Kendal ,alot of creativity ,with sense for almost feeling sorry for the guy .have a great evening" -- fh, canada.
"Thanks for the kind reviews fellas. Your comments always keep me in mind as to what we're all here for. Very much appreciated" -- kwilt.
"Nice write Kendall - love the last sentence! Bx" -- briony.
"Thanks Briony" -- kwilt.


Lonely Hunter by Randall Barfield (3)
"this is where it's at man" -- kwilt.
"Nope. This is NOT where it's at, Randall. Sorry, this one should be deleted. (And you knew it when you posted it, didn't you?)" -- dee.
"You do take the time to comment here. I'm just glad you're not my teacher and giving me a grade!" -- RB.


Liar by Kayla Meadows (1)
"WOW! 'Cauce I understand all to well...nice write Kayla (Those Fibbers) :)" -- mattie.


Laughing Pig by Sasu (1)
"Great title!!!! I like the ryhming and word placement in the "laugh at me, mock me" stanza. Cool poem" -- kwilt.


Kiss Me One More Kiss by Dri (2)
"Hey that's pretty cool Dri your writing has always tweaked my interest.Awesome job!!!!Keep up the great work." -- Brian L.
"thank you my dear, always nice to hear from you Brian. Big hug from Brazil," -- dri.


Keep It Fun by M Q Walters (4)
"I'm sure you know where you fit in........great poem I loved it" -- kwilt.
"All I know is that my feet are always on the ground...life is a puzzle...I am but a small piece " -- mattie.
"nice write mattie really liked this one seemed a little lighter then most of your stuff ,have a great evening" -- fh, canada.
"thanx fh...not all my stuff is dark and dreary, I think I've said somewhere on here before, it's those dark times that I am most motivated to write. " -- mattie.


Jesus Christ by Chloe L Batey (7)
"This is soo... oh it made chills go up and down my spine. " -- frankie j.
"Thankyou frankie J" -- Chloe.
"Very good Chloe, so much better than that one evil poem you wrote" -- kwilt.
"Thankyou Kwilt... and I agree!! " -- Chloe.
"hey..i 2 am a 15yr old girl..and i noe u mightnot belive that..with the intertant nd everything...but it always means the world to me when there's someone out who has the same loving commited relationship with the lord..and i just started submitting my work..all these years all my writings has been piles and piles of notebooks and paper..so yeah.. i just wanted 2 say ur writing is beautiful..and it looks u might hve more expercience wwhen it comes publishing..so i was thinkin if u could check out my work..and write a constructive review. please..it would be greatly appriciated.i only submitted so far rare love.." -- Sandra .
"Yep... send them to me Sandra if you want. I'd be happy to read it all." -- Chloe.
"Your bloody email isn't working!! Fat chance of you finding me here. The poem is pretty good. A departure from the usual gloom and doom. I love the line, "He love us more than we did"." -- howard, USA.


Hymn Of Praise by Dri (2)
"Hey nice job Dri.It's always nice to see when people can praise the Lord for all the good things he has done in our lives." -- Brian L.
"It's lovely when people are thankful, 'praise from the upright is beautiful' best wishes" -- ann gordon.


Holding On by Jessica McGough (1)
"Oh thats so sad! I really like your piece, I can totally relate. You did a really good job capturing the mood, well done :)" -- Hanna, Australia.


Here by Kayla Meadows (1)
"Boo hoo....Try getting past all of yourself.... Few of us care. Read real poetry. " -- dee.


Her Turn by Dri (3)
"I really enjoyed this...well written Dri. Has a few typo's though :)" -- mattie.
"Oh Dri; this so perfectly matches my own life that I have read and re-read it 4 times. Very well written." -- gnt4.
"I'm glad I wrote something that matches your life. I'm glad I can give people hopes. Thank you BOTH for your nice comments. Hugs, " -- dri.


Heaven And Well by Tom Bomb (2)
"I like this poem. However, it has a profound sadness within it,like a dying marriage full of loneliness. It feels as though you have let the bucket down into the inner chambers of your heart. Although nothing is ever doomed, if you are willing to let the light of the eternal God into your well, there is always a way up out of it. Thankyou for sharing this with us. " -- ann.
"Thank you for your kind words. I can on some level reassure you that I am trying my hardest to climb into faiths light, and let the darkness dwell within. I thank you. As this is more than a review, it's a message to all of us; Sometimes we are all stuck at the bottom with no way out. Sometimes we never see the beauty of the sun, we see only the dark skies. The message I think it gave, and I hope it gave was; Eternity is your's to hold. You can make yourself heard and be free of this misery or you can spend eternity in the darkness. Again, thank you for helping me see this message ann." -- Tom Bomb.


Happy Shithouse by Kendall Wilt (4)
"Yeaaahhhh! This is great stuff here!!!!!!! ENCORE ENCORE!!!!!!" -- kwilt.
"Um.. nice work, it had me laughing so I guess it fufilled it's purpose." -- Buxton.
"Thanks Buxton.....I'm glad that someone can get a laugh out of these besides me" -- kwilt.
"Heh heh very funny" -- chloe.


Ghost In Time by Samara (4)
"Great, once again the imagery is perfect . Peace." -- Hugh.
"Beautifully written Samara" -- mattie.
"I can't believe I haven't commented on this one. Great job" -- kwilt.
"Yep, you got it this time. Still a bit blunted, deserving some sharpening of the talons of your phrasing. But all in all, a universal song, subtly played. " -- dee.


Four Grumpy Fish by Susan Abraham (6)
"Great poem!! It is very cute. Thanks so much for thinking of my daughter. She loves fish." -- Kelley.
"A wonderful poem! I can see children being most amused by the grumpy, but lovable fish! Great descriptions - thanks for the smile." -- Lotusreads, Canada.
"I like it susan. When my little grandkids come by I'm going to have them read it. I admire the fact that you kind write poems for adults then write for children. We must not let our children grow up without poetry in there lives. Your poem is how we teach them to love poetry. All kinds of poetry. Thank you. DJ " -- cactuspoet, Tucson, Arizona, USA.
"PS Susan, In my review its supposed to be you can write poems not kind write poems. Sorry. DJ" -- DJ, Tucson, Arizona, USA.
"jonny" -- jonny, jonny, jonny, jonny.
"jonny" -- jonny, jonny, jonny, jonny.


Forbidden Fruit - A Creative But True Poem by S T A C Y I Don't Know What Pseudonym Means (1)
"Pseudonym: alias, false name, pen name, fictious name, nom de plume...just in case you really don't know what it means :)" -- mattie.


Fighter Pilots by Jessica G (1)
"This is good." -- Alvin.


Fallen Angel by Chloe L Batey (8)
"Good Chloe. All of your poems or very deep and meaningfull. Sorry if I spelt it wrong! Hows math? " -- Sarah-Louise.
"lol.. boringgggg. Thankyou for reading and reviewing and blh blah blah :P" -- chloe.
"Usually not my cup of tea but I was very impressed and thought it an enjoyable read" -- kwilt.
"Thanks alot Kwilt. Glad i have someone other then my friends to give me reviews!!" -- Chloe.
"Very good poem. I want to know what his name is!!!" -- Kelly Batey.
"Thx mum. the poem is about NO ONE!!!! read the description!!" -- chloe.
"I think everything you do is wonderful. This one actually gave me a chill after reading one line; I'll let you guess which one. The only thing I'd pick you up on is spelling - 'your' or 'you're'? " -- Aunty Kate.
"Hello Aunty Kate :). Thankyou for finally reviewing :P i'm not sure which line is it "when you hold my hand you set my spirit free"? or is it the last line? I've changed that spelling no... Gramatic error for you :P Thankyou again" -- Chloe .


Enemy In Me by Kendall Wilt (2)
"I get this...to well." -- mattie.
"i am not amused either :)" -- intoxicated mind.


Deleted by Randall Barfield (1)
"Even though I don't quite understand what your saying, I know exactly where your coming from.......good luck my friend and I hope she just had to restart the ole computer" -- kwilt.


Cremation by Richard Ferrell (1)
"This should have been consumed by fire. " -- dee.


Come by Dri (1)
"This is beautiful :) " -- rae.


Bad Boys by Curious (3)
"Kind of like a sensitive bad boy. Were you going for the man of steele heart of gold kind of thing" -- kwilt.
"actually it was just playing with a thought, really wasn't meant to be serious. i find it hard to think of myself as a metro-sexual kind of guy frankly." -- curious.
"Hmmm plenty I could say about this one! But I will just think about it instead. " -- mattie.


As I Turn The Page by Rapadamus (1)
"yet another great song! did you put out a cd? if so, is there a way to get it?" -- Chad Naquin.


A United Stand by Tom Bomb (4)
"So negative....I can't believe you can say these things about someone. I don't usually say things like this but I would have to say this one was a bummer to read man" -- kwilt.
"ha - Someone? - It's about all. Even you brother." -- Tom Bomb.
"I got that the second time I read it.....I know how you feel and thanks for including me in. Your right, uncle sam is a singin and a dancin and a puttin on a show so that we can't see what's really going on. Sorry about that first comment, I was heavily influncened by modernarazation that day" -- kwilt.
"No Worries dude. If anything; thanks for your review. It's highly appreciated." -- Tom Bomb.


There are 56 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.