www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Poetry - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Society by Samantha Carter (1)
"I liked how you compared an attitude people have to pictures on the wall-overall, I liked it-needs a better title though." -- Will deGravelles, Baton Rouge, LA, U.S..


Silence by Samantha Carter (1)
"At first I was uncertain who "he" was in your poem, but reading it over again, I believe I interpretted it as a "higher" being in this persons life proposing all the dangers and hard ships of life. Very well written, and the word choice was excellent as well." -- Katie.


Jeremiah by Olef Ransom Saulles (1)
"First of all please accept my sincere apology to write such a matter Well, I am Japanese and have been looking(searching) for someone whose name is Jeremiah McCurdy. He was working as a Summer counselor in 1998 in Idyllwild. Jeremiah was 20 years old at that time and he was a student from UCLA. He enjoy poetry a lot and a very smart person.He gave me a book, titled "Western Wind" and I appreciate his kindness because this book gave me a chance to have noticed me a lot of beautiful Western poem. But when I see a lots of his comment on the each paragraph, I gradually realized this book must be a very important for him therefore I really want to get him back this book, "Western Wind"...but Unfortunately I don't have enough information. I really need someone's help. If possible I would like to know the any information of Jeremiah McCurdy. I cannot find appropriate word to express how I feel. I would like to appreciate for reading this and I will be so delighted if you have any information. I think my English is not good enough to explain, I am sorry. Sincerely yours, From Japan, Maya Yamashita " -- Maya , Tokyo, Japan.


Death By Poseidon by Samantha Carter (1)
"hey this is an awesome poem! i love how you did the first words and last words. you should publish this like everywhere! haha give me some tips on writing, im 14 hoping to get better. read some of my poems and see what you think. then get back to me! " -- Jeni Jopes.


Bracing The Ninja by Rachel Kewin (1)
"I found this poem very mysterious and left me thinking. I have decided to use it for my English project because of its quality" -- Graham.


Beneath The Surface by Martin Rutley (2)
"the poem was short and surprising. it reminded me of the plot/backdrop to an Alfred Hitchcock film." -- amy lynch, united states.
"This is fantastic. Very cinematic and such a complete narrative in so few words - and a nice change from vampires and sad love poems." -- Peter Rivendell.


Angel Wings Of Paper by Samantha Carter (2)
""...with all good memories locked away behind us..." ..."...we are always locked away before we arrive."" -- Kimberly De Liz.
"Hey, Samantha, i just have to say theat i really liked this poem, thanks for writing it "wrighters wright, so that readers can read"" -- John Lunsford, Burke, USA, Va..


After Love by Arthur Henry Isaacson (1)
"I thought this poem was very simple and good. I know everyone can relate to it in some way or another" -- sandra, chicago, il.


A Pointless Search by Samantha Carter (1)
"That's a really well written and phrased poem 8-> Goof job on it, you should be proud. Please don't be put down if no one responds to your poem, because many people just aren't kind enough. Good luck on your writing career!" -- Kimberly De Liz.


A Fostered Dream by Samantha Carter (1)
"" if you have a cross to bear you maight as well use it as a crutch" " a man can be destroyd but not defeated"" -- northernstar.


Memoirs Of A Water Molecule by Richard Lynch (8)
"WHY has no one yet responded to your magnificent, totally awsome and unique poem? da bastids... lol. j/k. Good job man, and keep it up!" -- Nina .
"I enjoyed this poem very much. It made me think about life, and about nature, and about so many different things in this world. Thumbs up!" -- Rey The Toule Dog.
"Genius! Simply Brilliant!" -- Carly.
"Since you've so graciously named me the name of "First Groupee" I should tell you that I was Nina. I get tired of the name Kimberly sometimes. I am also Uanna, Hu Long Cili, and Dedro. Go figure. " -- Kimberly De Liz.
"It's a pleasure to meet all of you. B-)" -- Richard Lynch.
"...so funny, so well controlled, I know my kids will love to hear this." -- Jac Howard, TYNE and WEAR, UK.
"AWESOME!!!! wow, I just completely loved it!!!" -- samtuma.
"Just like so many people should contemplate their journey on this earth, your water molecule is appreciating its moments in time and its adventures along the way... I "dew" love this poem very much! Its absolutely connected and it flows visually and poetically. It should be appreciated for its simplistic value of a "chemical action" and its "reaction"... The energy to be a water molecule must be as great as the energy to change its properties... Excellent adventure story, Richard! " -- Helen Jillian Scherrer, Marietta, GA, USA.


The Canister by Fizzgig McArthur (2)
"Man, that boy was a real push-over. He should know not to believe what girls promise, we change our minds too much. Keep writing, and I'll read it, I swear :-) KNow that you're work does not go unnoticed" -- Kimberly.
"The true complement-to know that your work does not go unnoticed. And indeed it does not. I do believe you're my new favorite author. How old is this boy?" -- Tami Lynn, Evanston, IL, USA.


Ode De Toilette by Richard Lynch (7)
"Richard, this was great! I love it - read it out loud to my co-workers! Great job!" -- Jennifer Nobile Raymond, New York, NY.
"Wow, that was... um, I LIKED it! What can I say, Richard... you've opened up a whole new world to my young mind. What's next? Idea flash: Ode de Urinal!" -- Kimberly De Liz.
"Actually, I came up with this poem from the title. I wanted to do an ode, and eau de toilette popped into my mind, so I went from there." -- Richard Lynch.
"Rich, not sure were you come up with this stuff, but all i did was laugh. Very origianl. Good job. :-) " -- Heather , Wayne , Pa .
"Absolutely a favorite "Lynch poem" of mine! As I know in Belguim "Mannequin Pis" is a favorite statue (of a a little boy peeing in the middle of the road, in the middle of nowhere, with nowhere else to go", the value of the commode is a process of our life. The funny part of a poem like this is to point out that this is one "common denominator" between all animals... No animal in the animal kingdom is "better or worse" than another when it comes to the realization that we all "go to the bathroom" and "everyone's s---t stinks"... no human being better.... no human being worse... just a fact of life and life's true meaning of equality. And when it comes to comparisons and "keeping up with the Joneses", this is one area of life that there will not be true competition... >> Richard, people who are offended may be those that think their "s---" doesn't stink... Well, it does... and your poem does not.. its brilliant! and its down to basics and makes us think ... and appreciate a fact of life ...>> " -- H.J.Scherrer, Marietta, GA, USA.
"I just finished writing a poem about MR. Profanity and urinal mouth is included; I found your poem so enjoyable and we have a similar sense of humor. As I crochet on the train, they aked, what are you making- proud to say COMMODE COVER,feast your eyes. " -- esthermaria weeks, NY, NY, USA.
"Very clever and true. Brings me back to my thoughts of where in the world did they 'do it' before they were invented. I've been watching those Biblical movies because it's Easter so I pause to reflect...the importance of the toilet." -- Sandy Daley, Los Angeles, Calif., U.S.A.


The Housecat by Richard Lynch (4)
"succinct... no wasted words... economy of movement...that's where it's at (G)" -- Jac Howard.
"We all have our place on this earth... Some of us are stifled.. all of us have choices... All of us could "settle" or rebel.... Many of us could change or be changed... Most of us should find joy in the moment... and appreciate our freedom of choice or we will be like the cat, locked into a life we did not choose... wasting our abilities when we could have put them to use... As human beings, we find the door to escape with our excuses... As animals we conform (with excuses) to be loved and sheltered ..." -- Helen, Marietta, GA, USA.
"I like this poem I love cats." -- Jeanette .
"Metaphor for people who don't dare chase their dreams; too risky. But the housecat has no choice. Very meaningful for those who are afraid..." -- Sandy Daley, Los Angeles, Calif, Orange.


Waiting For You by Richard Lynch (8)
"one of the most moving pieces of poetry i've ever read. it brought me to tears. the author showed awesome insight." -- amy lynch.
"Thanks, Sis. I was surprised I could toouch you like that. Next time, I'll show you where the shift key is on the keyboard. ;-)" -- Richard Lynch.
"Rich, I should have read this one at home. I read it at work and started to cry. Absolutly beautiful. :-) " -- Heather, Wayne , Pa .
"I felt your pain in your poem. It was very well written. The whole thing flowed, which made it an easy poem to read and easy to understand. I also think many can relate to your poem. Keep up on writing great work like this poem." -- Rose Lynch, Bloomington/Normal, Illinois, United States.
"This is a truely moving piece of writing. It touched my heart. I hope that you continue to write more poetry like this. This piece of work plays on my emotions at a truely spiritual level." -- Kelly McClain, Normal, IL, USA.
"I see your art/poem work in your eyes. Thank you for putting it to paper. Beautiful expression of your hearts feelings." -- Jan Fiser, Atlanta.
"Richard, 2 hearts that beat as one and their souls are bound by destiny and ecstacy and fantasy and fulfillment...and like your poem shares, nothing can tear that love apart...not even death... So tragic. So real. Time on this earth so precious and together means every moment counts. Time on this earth with that special "someone" means time eternal. As you will know, I love your poem. Even the sadness and death show meaning in life in such a beautiful poem... Hope it means a future together, on earth and in death...." -- Helen, Marietta, GA, USA.
"Richard, this is by far the most touching poem i've ever read...I'm speechless..." -- Ryan Morales.


Girl And Boy by Deb Meyer (2)
"Wow I really liked that poem. Being a teenager I enjoy reading poems about realationships, but this one I particularly liked. It was suspenseful and surprising, but at the same time it was a sad poem to read. You did a great job with this piece of writing." -- Jessica Parise, Normal, IL, USA.
"This was one of the greatest poems I have ever read. I think several girls or boys can relate to this situation. It seems to happen to us all if we are the other girl or the one in the relationship. This shows the true feelings that people have that no one can stop no matter if love is in the way or not. This a wonderful poem, thanks for sharing it. " -- Gina Parise, Normal, IL, USA.


I Thought... (A Collection) by Rose Trimovski (3)
":*(" -- Wicked King Wicker.
"You were right...it was sad. Thanks for sharing your pain with us. I hope you get over him! " -- Rey The Toule Dog.
"I loved your poems. You're a good writer! You set a mood very well." -- Christy Mack.


A Shade Of Love by Justin Justin (3)
"���SweeeeT���" -- Hu Long Wai (Veronica).
"very good, paints a good picture of emotions portrayed." -- KyleMae, Auburn, Wa, USA.
"simply stated and well worded. can relate. " -- Jenn, CA.


To Know by Jennifer Nobile Raymond (3)
"That was very nice!" -- Caryn, Brooklyn, NY.
"I enjoy the way this poem describes the mixture of emotion so common to the human condition. " -- Rolland Heiss, Spokane, WA, USA.
"To be honest, the first reason I liked your poetry was that I felt you are so similar to me in thoughts - Emotional, Thoughtful, and what more. THe Peotry is good ! Hope that you will earn a living through writing - but even if that doesn't happen,dont let go of your writing skills - we have only one life to do whatever we want." -- Ramkumar Menon, Bangalore, India.


Revisitation Du Beaudelaire by Laurette M Lalibert� Delouise (2)
"what can I say, L... I liked it all in all... i liked the fancy words... but what does 'ABHOR' mean???" -- Hu Long Wai (Veronica).
"Thank you for reviewing it. I'm sorry for any confusing language. I used words from Beaudepaires own poetry and wove them into a tributary poem. "Abhor" means to hate. Beaudelaire had a love/hate relationship with a women who was the inspiration for the poem "Venus Noir (Black Venus)", and was cut off from his family's money because of that, among other things. The poem was a summary of events in his life." -- Laurette LaLiberte DeLouise, Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States.


Problems by Rose Trimovski (1)
"i'm always here to help you my love, you are the one thing i care about in this world and i love you so much" -- Nelson.


Tears Of Forgiveness by Rose Trimovski (8)
"That sucked." -- Meg.
"NO IT WAS REALLY GOOD!!!!!" -- Jason.
"IT WAS GOOOOOD" -- Maria.
"I don't really know how you can evaluate a song by it's lyrics... it's really beyond me. Even more than evaluating a movie by it's screenplay. But with the music I imagined for it... I liked it." -- Carrilho.
"Rose, dear... I am perfectly aware that some of those lyrics come directly from a Britney Spears song. Meg was right. Excuse me, I have to go." -- Hu Long Wai (Veronica).
"HA-HA!!! Loser-r!!! 8-P" -- Kiki Knows Better.
"I'm sorry for my rude earlier comment... but it is true that I have seen the first few lyrics in some of her songs. I'm very sorry, and I beg you to consider my most humble of apologies." -- Hu Long Wai (Veronica).
"Hi sweetie, you write good stuff rose, i love you sweetie" -- Nelson.


Upon Meeting The Devil by Laurette M Lalibert� Delouise (4)
"Nice visual images. You manage to put a lot into a short poem. Good work, Laurette!" -- Debbie De Louise, Hicksville, NY, USA.
"Way to go Aunt L!!!! Dude that was awsome!!!!! I could see it!! Way to go! Keep wrighting kay?!" -- Leigh-Ann, aberdeen, MD, US of A.
"umn... kay...." -- Hu Long Wai (Veronica).
"Vivid - leapt out of the monitor and grabbed me round the throat! How about a few more poems Laurette..." -- Kevin.


Frenetic Thoughts, A Collection by ~Blythe~ (8)
"I really liked this poem. I cant really say what I liked about it, but I definetly think you have talent." -- Meg.
"Do I even need to review anymore? They keep getting better and better." -- Meg.
"I really liked this poem. I cant really say what I liked about it, but I definetly think you have talent." -- Meg.
"I really really like your style. This poem kicks ass. " -- Meg.
"thanks Meg! Do you have poetry on the site? email me!" -- Blythe.
"I like your style kid. You got the shine. Keep it up, and we can both become two bit poets of an impulsively loving generation. " -- Montego, berkeley.
"the poem is a well constructed stream of powerfull images " skin thin love/ rock hard desire". congratulations" -- iseldar kay.
"I love your stuff its soooo carnal! u say it not as it is but as it is felt! u rock!" -- Eno niki Ekanem.


Only In Dreams, A Collection by Lissa N Metz-Gomez (4)
"Try not to rip your story titles off of Weezer songs unless it's supposed to be the song, ala my "Cry, Freedom"." -- Tyrant.
"No." -- Meg.
"Tyrant, I'm not sure what you mean by your comment, but it's pretty rude to accuse someone of stealing a title. I don't even know who the hell Weezer is." -- Lissa.
"My two cents on this: Tyrant suffers from that mortal flaw so prevailant among decent writers; arrogance. I am guilty of the same. In any case, I really like what I've seen from you thus far, Lissa. Keep it up, and let the critics be damned." -- A J Magy, Sfld, MI, US.


There are 25 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.