www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Poetry - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Eat Away by Katherine Smith (3)
"10 points for you on this one, great poem, absolutley great. Keep it up." -- Josh / AxeY.
"I love it,I'm with Josh on this one,kudos for you girl." -- Brian L.
"How extraordinary. You're extremely talented my dear. 10 Points." -- Jenny, Toney, Alabama, U.S..


Let's Go To Bed by Dri (4)
"good picture of how a relationship should be between man and wife. " -- vernon h.
"Very nice write Dri" -- Steven L. Howard.
"This was a lovely heart felt write really enjoyed the read thanks for sharing Brian." -- Brian , Nr London, Leatherhead, Uk.
"thank you all for enjoying this piece." -- Dri.


Words' To Say by Brian C Lebron (2)
"that made me cry. thanks a lot!! just kidding, it was beautiful. i'm jealous...." -- km.
"it' a tear jerker i know,thanx for the positive feedback." -- Brian L.


Cathartic by Desi Williams (9)
"WOW! I hope you are o.k. Everyone feels alone many times in their life, so you are not really alone. You are only 14 years old and you have your whole life ahead of you. Look on the bright side, you are an excellent poet. Always remember this." -- nick marshburn.
"I'm with nick here, much to live for indead desi. U know u can email me whenever you want :) if u need an ear to borrow, a shoulder to cry on, or a world to borrow, you can borrow all of these things. Kind Regards, Josh. P.S. GREAT poem ;)" -- Josh / Axey.
"The only good line was "good night sweet raptured life", and thats from an evanescence song " -- g.
"I agree with Nick and Josh, not at all with G. Hope everything is okay and that images in your poetry are more metaphorical or exaggerated than in truth. 14 may seem young for these feelings but it is actually the time when these thoughts and feelings are the strongest as no one�s mind interprets things like a teenager (believe me I should know lol). Great poem :):)" -- Rebecca Tantos.
"hey,I agree with Nick,Josh and Rebecca on this one mainly because I have a daughter that's only a year younger than you are.Life is a frail and precious thing.A gift to be treasured and I pray to God if my little girl ever felt like this.I hope she would at least confide in her dad.Take them up on their offer if you need somebody to talk to.Their good people." -- Brian L.
"Yeah. I'm okay. Thank you guys for caring so much. It really helps when people who don't even know me are willing to stick up for me and fight with me. Brian, I promise I would always confide in my dad, and mom, for that matter. You are so right, Rebecca. Josh, you're a wonderful person and thank you for the great amount of warmth you've bestowed upon me in the little time we've known each other. Nick, what you say is true and I appreciate it. I have a lot going on in my mind and heart but I know I would keep on living. I give you my word. Love and peace to all." -- Desi.
"Hey Desi Awsome job! i think we are going through the same thing correct me if im wrong but i am here for you email plz [email protected]" -- Rachel AKA Spyder.
"If this poem was written with the only intention of disturbing the reader, then u r awesome Desi." -- Alvin.
"Was that an insult Alvin?" -- Desi.


Changes by Holly (5)
"great poem holly! really creative I think you should write more poetry " -- sam.
"thanks for thaking time to review my poem Sam." -- holly.
"Hello Holly, I caught your message asking for help. Is there something specific you're looking for in a critique? If not I will just go over what I strongly suggest you change if you are shopping this around to (specifically) an American publisher. "Apologise" which is the correct European form, needs to be changed to "Apologize" for the correct American form. "Satisfieing" should be changed to "satisfying" and when writing your contractions instead of placing the apostrophe between the contracted words (example: is'nt) you need to move the apostrophe so it takes the place of the missing letter (example: isn't). Keep these minor but necessary points in mind and keep on with your poetry." -- Jerry St. George.
"Thanks for your review Jerry. When I have more time I will make these changes. :)" -- holly.
"Oh Jerry I'm glad you said it. I was having convulsions reading this. lol Holly its a nice poem. I like the concept of letting go and moving on. But your grammatical errors take away from the flow. Like a wicked case of the hiccups in the middle of a great kiss. Keep it up!!!" -- km.


Race by C R Woods (2)
"beautiful poem, much agreed by me. one thing, the 6th line, should it read "why do we LIVE our life full of fear" anyway well done." -- baker.
"So, somehow I get from you that you don't like racism. Can't understand why. Perfectly normal human emotion and reaction to someone who doesn't look like you. We are all racist, dear JR. We just have to learn how to mask better in public. You know it and I know it. Anyway, this is not a poem, expressing as it does, nothing more than the politically correct pap you've been fed all of your life. " -- dee.


Your Going Away? by Josh Anderson (2)
"hey,i noticed a little change in style in the few you posted up this morning.what inspired that change?whatever it was hold on to it because your doing a kick a** job my friend." -- Brian L.
"Well hatred, self loathing and depression, so i think i dont wanna keep it, lol. But thanks anyway man, thanks alot :D" -- Josh / Axey.


Yet It Calls by Franklin Rapheal (4)
"this is incredible, wonderful work." -- rae.
"A very different piece of poetry compared to what i usually read, and i liked it, keep up your good work." -- Josh / Axey.
"thanx rae , its wonderful to know some one really likes it.same to you josh/axey,am doing these for all of you " -- frank.
"lovely work frank. its a masterpiece." -- nephatati, lagos, nigeria.


Wschod Slonca Krwawy by Rae (5)
"WOW, that was l33tin awesome (sorry for the leet), but really, this just flowed so well, had great impact, imagery, everything, i just purely and simply loved it." -- Josh / Axey.
"thanks again. I almost gave up on this one near the last few lines, but I'm glad I got something out. " -- rae.
"Rae, its so good to see you posting again. I always enjoy your work. Our writing is similar in style so I can usually relate." -- km.
"it's been hard to find proper inspiration lately, but it feels good to post again when i get to :) " -- rae.
"Not sure what else to say...loved it!" -- mattie.


Winter To Spring by Patrick Collins (2)
"I love this one, paints a nice picture" -- km.
"hey, i am just going to be honest, i rilly dont like it at all ,, but u need to get a better rhyme scheme, i am a poetrist, i right alot of poems at least 3 or 4 a mnth get back with me and i give u a few learning tiop, cuz u rill need to be brushing up a whole lot!!!!! .. yeah .. im serious .. email me and and go to my site ................. .com!" -- Meagan , Lovington, Illinois, US OF THE A.


Waking Twilight by Brian C Lebron (10)
" This type of texture has always been my favorite; just expressing what you feel, great job hun, keep it up :)" -- Katy.
"Very well written I love the first line "waking as twilight dawns " if you are unsure about the title why not use that? Good job :)" -- Jeremy.
"Loved it Brian :) poems are very personal as behind each word there is a significance to as why that word was chosen; as with the title. No one else can think of a name as their interpretation can differ from your feelings. I quite like the title you choose, anyways great work :):) " -- Rebecca.
"Yeah,when I pulled this poem out of my manuscript yesterday there was only one thing I saw that needed to be changed and that was the first line.And shortly after that I came up with something else to replace it.And what i had come up with seemed by far more signifcant than what was previously written.As far as the title,it's a keeper.Thanx Katy,Jeremy and Rebecca for the good reviews I'm glad you all liked it." -- Brian L.
"beautiful...i like the title, its a nice metaphor for your feelings." -- km.
"thanx,km i appreciate positive feedback." -- Brian L.
"another nice piece from Brain L. good work" -- nick marshburn.
"hey,thanx Nick." -- Brian L.
"*thumbs up*" -- Vodka R.yuki Mint.
"Thanx Vodka it means alot.I'm glad you enjoyed the read." -- Brian L.


Val (Haiku) by Desi Williams (1)
"hey desi, i couldn't say it any better myself. val is the coolest person i know besides you and i don't know what i'd do without you two. love you lots" -- Carla.


Tyrants Exposed by Katherine Smith (1)
"Hmm... interesting Katy, i liked it. If you were bored, why didn't you just egg your refrigeratorr again? ;) lol, Great poem. Later, Peace Out" -- Josh / Axey.


True Love Never Dies by Dri (4)
"very nice Dri i could feel the true emotion behind it." -- Brian L.
"thank you, Brian. Glad you enjoyed this one. " -- Dri.
"why must you always have to keep going back to the same old "love relenting" stuff? Your other work is in a better vein; it seems that you have some burying to do, then you can see a brighter future." -- Harold.
"Well, Harold, I'm sorry but this is the way I am. I just can't help it - I have to write from my heart and with my heart....I already lost a friend here because he would complain that I would always go back to the past. I write to release and freedom to me is a must. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, actually this is not my style, to be rude, but I'm straightforward and I tell people what I think it's right. Skip the pieces that may bother you. But please, do not ask me to not write what's in my heart.Thanks, anyway. It's nice to get feedback but it's also nice when people understand and respect our style of writing. OK?" -- Dri.


To Be With You On Valentines Day by Amarjit Bhambra (2)
"Beautiful poem, you seem like such a soft romantic at heart. You and your partner must be very close. I bet he never misses the chance to be with you on Valentines Day. It must be lovley to see the twinkle in his eye....Keep up the good work, it's nice to read romantic poems. What inspires you to right such romantic rythms?" -- Jennifer, London, UK.
"Hi Jennifer, "Poetry comes from the Heart", the rest is imagination. I am inspires by Rowlings - look where her imagination has got her. I wish l had imagination like hers. regarding this poem, l dream that my partner would give me red roses. l have been married for a long time. He gives me gifts upon gifts - but no red roses - and they are free like my love. anyway l shouldn't complain. - I love writing poems to express my imotions and nothing is better than to express the heart on a piece of paper. Thank you for sharing." -- Amy, Hayes, England.


Thirst by Patrick Collins (3)
"its good Patrick, but there's no real feeling here. I assume we're talking about a vampyre. You talk of sadness and silence but the poem doesnt express the raw feelings, the agony of lonliness, etc. I dont know, just my opinion. " -- km.
"I agree with km. Something about this poem doesn't make sense. If this poem were about dehydratrion, I could sort of see what your saying but the poem as it is now doesn't seem to make sense." -- Steven.
"Well, first off, thanks for reviwing my piece. Second, I thought I explained it in the description, it's about all sorts of need that everyone expreiences in life, our dreams and aspirations. Things that we are always reaching for. Our goals in life, I guess. Thanks again for the review!" -- Patrick Collins.


The War Within My Heart by David Baker (1)
"Sorry to hear about your aunty, and about how ur feeling. Great piece, i believe it expressed your emotions well." -- Josh / AxeY.


The Sunset Slips Away by Megan Shortest Girl In America (7)
"How about everyone stops asking for reviews in their descriptions if people like it enough they will review. As for your writing skills and poem; nothing special there. You can't just state things and expect it to be a poem. You have to use imagery, metaphors and words that imply meaning; not just write basic words that a 5 year old could string together. I am sick of all the people on this site who think they can just put a lot of mediocre crap on here and flood the site so the truly talented writers are lost in all your shit!" -- davey.
"If you can't handle reviews then don't write! you asked for them. Its really grea when you ask for reviews but only keep the nice ones" -- davey.
"If you can't handle my response then take this shit poem off the site because everyone is going to respond the same! How dare you delete someones opinion when you asked for it" -- Davey.
"you kno what davey...you can just suck a duck...this is a very nice poem... i think it was well written and this megan girl must have put a whole lot of thought into it...im sorry that youre pissed off at the world that you dont see a good thing when it hits you in the face...and all poems dont have to be full of metaphors and shit...sometimes simple things are good... id like to see you write a better one." -- sierra, seattle, usa, washington.
"Ha Ha okay megan if you wanted to pretened to be this "sierra" chick you should have waited a little longer before responding and talking yourself up, and they dont have to be full of metaphors but you cant just write plain and simple what you are thinking unless it is artistic. Thia is shit and stop pretending to be someone else to make your poem look good" -- Davey.
"Even IF Sierra was Megan she was right. The poem is quiet good, especially for her age and she has the same right as you do Dvaey to write on this site. Good work Megan :)" -- Rebecca.
"i agree with the two girls who...as sierra said..."arent so pissed off at the world that they cant see something good when it hits them in the face" i think this poem is awsome...i know you put alot of work into it...so good job...keep writin homie...LOVE YA" -- steph kidd.


The Rose by Dri (2)
"This was a good insite into the life of a rose. best wishes Brian. " -- [email protected], Nr London, Leatherhead, Uk.
"Ehmm..m. Sehr gut Seite! Ich sage innig..!:) bmw" -- BMW, ..., ..., ....


The Memory Of Dreams by Brian C Lebron (2)
"that's beautiful, Brian." -- Dri.
"Thanx,Dri appreciate positive feedback." -- Brian.


The Innocence Of Youth by Brian C Lebron (6)
"I like it, brian. Very nice." -- Dri.
"Thanx Dri,this is what happens after sitting at work all day reading poems by William Blake.(ha ha)" -- Brian L.
"Very nice Brian, i really like this piece." -- Josh / Axey.
"hey,thanx Josh." -- Brian L.
"beautiful...i love the reference of rain without thunder, being "female" thats lovely! you're very talented" -- km.
"hey,thanx km appreciate the good review " -- Brian L.


The Garden Of The Dead by Jeremy Ray Dunlap (3)
"Very nice,I like it,were you describing a picture you saw?just curious.Good job,man." -- Brian L.
"Thanks Brian. I wrote it from various memories and images in my head. You bring up a great point. I wish it was a picture, or if I were an artist I would paint it. - Jeremy" -- Jeremy.
"Great poem with a beautiful dark side, good work :):)" -- Rebecca Tantos.


The Cry Of A Lamb by Penkup Family (3)
"I think that was great! You really seem to understand how harsh some people can be, and what it feels like to be an unwanted kid. keep writing!" -- Melissa, Canada.
"thanks Melissa,for the review...it was really toughg for me..." -- kennedy, delta state, nigeria.
"Great work, so powerful and full of emotion, my sympathies to you and best wishes :) " -- Rebecca.


The Best Of The Best by Reborn Clayborne (4)
"*LSD* LOL u werent singing this one 2 were u: "ABCD LSD, gummy bears are chasing me!!!!!" were u??????" -- BOOBZILLA - .: XEYA :..
"don't quit your day job clay.i gotta good one how about this: ABCDEFG you can not write poetry." -- Sycamore.
"im joining the club of clays haters haters his poems have mad skills you should have 2 pay 2 read this masterpiece " -- mike s.............................
"clayborne is the best he beats all the rest his poems kick a$$ and he kicks your a$$ 2 you wish you had his skills but instead u laying back and popping those pills" -- mike s.............................


The Allegory by Katherine Smith (3)
"i had to pull out the dictionary for this one,i can almost see the smoke pouring out of your ears as you were writing this. nice touch,good job,Katherine. " -- Brian L.
"I was just a little bit upset when I wrote it." -- Katy, Tampa.
"I could feel the emotion in this, i thnk i got burned Katy, ouch, i also had to fetch my dictionary! Great work, i loved it. Keep it up!" -- Josh / AxeY.


Speak From Your Heart by David Baker (3)
"Beautiful. I'm glad you decided to write this piece." -- Josh / AxeY.
"good write. Hearts never tell lies." -- Dri.
"Hmmmm...the listen to your heart thing...well that is a mistake. It takes more than that to be smart about relationships. I know...been there done that...this was a good write David :)" -- mattie.


Sing Praises by Penkup Family (1)
" I LOVED THIS POEM, IT IS AWESOME!!! THANK YOU AND KEEP UP THE WORK OF THE LORD. May the Lord, It is very encouraging to me, Thank You .. Mommaeagle, Susie" -- Susan R. Smith, Ketchikan, AK, USA.


Silent Stalker by Rae (5)
"Beautiful" -- Rebecca.
"Bravo....this is wonderful! Flows well and the wording tells such a true story. Did you see the "chat" thing in the advisor? Would love it if you were involved. Maybe even "run" one. It will give some ppl a chance to ask you for help. If you're interested :) Email me if you are" -- km.
"Very nice,gotta agree with Rebecca and KM on this one good job Rae." -- Brian L.
"thanks, guys :)" -- rae.
"luv'd it, i agree with everyone here.." -- baker.


Show Me by Laura Lodemai (1)
" I want this poem besause it really catch me attention,and many different ways" -- charlita , Fayette, MS , US.


Shadow Of Flames by Franklin Rapheal (1)
"its real, very diferent." -- gerald rapheal, keffi, nasarawa, nigeria.


Sacred Magic by Brian C Lebron (7)
"Nice, very nice, peace. " -- Hugh.
"Thanx,I'm glad you enjoyed reading it." -- Brian L.
"Well being of a similar muse, i am of the same opinion, GREAT poem Brian, i loved it." -- Josh / Axey.
"i think it's so awesome how we seem to inspire one another on here.thanx for the good review,Josh.sincerely." -- Brian L.
"Nice poem, It stimulated my brain while reading it. :)" -- Ian Tronco.
"reminds me of our native american ancestors...lovely picture you paint" -- km.
"Hey,thanx I'm glad you both enjoyed it." -- Brian L.


Ruthie (Haiku) by Desi Williams (2)
"Beautiful" -- Rebecca.
"yea desi i know how you feel about your sister. and i can compleatly relate to this poem with michael." -- Carla.


Red Faces by Desi Williams (5)
"WOW,that's something else i love the style Desi very impressive so descriptive with vivid imagery give yourself a pat on the back for me,you deserve it.Sincerely." -- Brian L.
"Totally and unrulably agree with Brian here, that was great Desi :D, oiy u slak mo, email me k? cya, great work :D" -- Josh / Axey.
"WOW!" -- mattie.
"Thanks, you guys, for the positive encouragement. You guys are awesome. Love and peace to all." -- Desi/Dz Brien Chipmunk :).
"amazing...very well written I really like the style!" -- Walters.


Political by Katherine Smith (2)
"Nice work katy, i liked the issue it brought up, great work." -- Josh / Axey.
"hey,good job,very nice" -- Brian L.


Peace Of The Necropolis by Ian Tronco (1)
"nice piece,not very long but very well written." -- Brian L.


Paper Moon by Brian C Lebron (4)
"Nice Brian :)" -- mattie.
"hey thanx mattie." -- Brian L.
"my, this is beautiful, Brian and very, very sweet." -- Dri.
"hey thanx Dri glad you enjoyed reading it.it's nice to hear from you been a few days." -- Brian L.


One Day You Will Hurt by Hannah V Clark (3)
"Great work, thanks for the good read. Very deep and emotional write, great choice of words. Keep it up, Kind Regards, Josh" -- Josh / Axey.
"Bipolar chicks rule " -- rachel.
"Very nice song!! Sounds very deep and emotional, you have a great choice of words!! Keep writing like you do!" -- marissa.


On Winter's Deathbed by Brian C Lebron (6)
"Brian, this is amazing, i loved the structure and the content, but especially the structure, it was made so well, i just slid off to the next line, that simple, it just worked perfectly. Loved it." -- Josh / Axey.
"Got to agree with Josh, great job. The structure could only compliment the great poem, simple yet beautiful. An effective piece :) " -- Rebecca.
"hey thanx you two i appreciate the kind words i'm glad you both enjoyed reading it." -- Brian L.
"Really well written Brian. Its deep and when you delve into it and try to see the bottom line it's quite beauiful" -- km.
"Brian L - I believe this is the first of yours that I've read. I agree with the others completely but would like to add that aesthetically it pleases as well. The waterfall of presentation was striking and virginal. Bravo. Deb" -- D. G. Williford.
"thanx KM it's always nice to hear from you.Deb,thanx also appreciate the kind words." -- Brian L.


Oh Love! by Inchara (3)
"BEAUTIFUL!!! well done :-) " -- baker.
"Thanks Baker" -- Inchara.
"Very Nice :)" -- mattie.


Nightly Embrace by Josh Anderson (2)
"Beautiful :) bit of a different take on stars than in my "starlight" hey" -- Rebecca.
"Thanks :D. Thats sweet of ya. Yeah i suppose it is a lil bit different to your "starlight". Kind Regards, Josh" -- Josh / AxeY.


New Iraq by E Rocco Caldwell (3)
"Well done, what a remarkable event that has just passed. Well said rocco, well said." -- ryan severud.
"It's so awesome first the Berlin Wall and now this.That is so cool,good job Rocco." -- Brian L.
"Well done! My homepage | Please visit" -- Kathy, China, China, China.


My Troubled Youth by Ian Tronco (1)
"Beautifully written and great imagery! Loved it, you work well with darkness" -- Rebecca.


My Recurring Dream by Katherine Smith (4)
"Loved it, well written and very deep! Great work!" -- Rebecca.
"Hey katy, i loved this one too, for your age your work is magnificent, i envy you. Very deep piece of work, as bec said." -- Josh / Axey.
"Hey Katy, this was actually one of the best things you've written and I'm not just lying to you because you're my best friend, it actually is very superb, I love you sister!" -- Amber, Orlando, Florida, United States.
"Who Sucks? Ha JK Hey Katherine, this is grand. I was like I remember my dream where I'm eating a giant marshmellow and wake up and my pillows gone.. haha" -- Matthew Mark@, USA.


My Place by Dri (4)
"very powerful yet so simple stated-keep going Girl you are on a roll" -- vernon.
"Hey,very nice Dri I like your work seems to flow like water." -- Brian L.
"Indeed a good write being with god every where nicely done Brian." -- B Kingsford, Nr London, Leatherhead, Uk.
"Ehmm..m. Sehr gut Seite! Ich sage innig..!:) bmw" -- BMW, ..., ..., ....


My Heart In A Hand by Josh Anderson (2)
"Great, got a creeping suspicion on this one :)" -- Hugh.
"Hehe, ok smart cookie, who is it? huh? =P hehe. Nah i think u saw us together a few times ne ways." -- Josh / AxeY.


Maybe Someday by Desi Williams (4)
"I really like this piece Desi :), is this about what were telling me in ur emial? or someone else ;) :), love ya" -- Josh / Axey.
"I agree with Josh completely 100% i'll just add one more thing,give yourself the credit you deserve.i feel this is the best one i've read from you.sincerely," -- Brian L.
"Actually, Josh, that is my best friend, and I am more than that to them. However, I have talked about them at one time or another... ;) :)" -- Desi.
"hey desi. i loved this poem, it was put together nicely. but now i'm wondering who this is that you're talking about. lots of love, hope to see you soon again....e-mail me sometime, if you get a chance" -- Carla.


Lovely Phoenix by Josh Anderson (2)
"Love is magic my friend once you feel the warmth of it's beauty.Very well expressed,man." -- Brian L.
"Thanks Brian :D." -- Josh / AxeY.


Look At Me Now by Josh Anderson (2)
"dude,i loved it,on more than one occasion i have felt like that,i can relate,very nice piece.sincerely." -- Brian L.
"Sorry you have ever felt that way Brian, thanks for the comment man, muchly appreciated :D" -- Josh / Axey.


Little Glass World by Josh Anderson (2)
"hey,this sis a little different from what i'm used to reading by you.good job,man." -- Brian L.
"Definitely different from your regular. Beautiful and moving all the same." -- Desi.


Light And Dark by Patrick Collins (2)
"Loved it, some rhyming sounded forced rather than a natural flow of ideas, but still a great poem, loved the theme and natural tone. Great work" -- Rebecca.
"Wow, very interesting... i can relate for i am also a lover of cinema. The poem had a really solid flow til i hit this stanza: "The lights turn on, the crowd stands and leaves, Back to their cars that are parked..." The second like kinda chopped things up. Other than that great work." -- ryan severud.


Letting Love Go by Lisa Cardwell (1)
"is this lisa of peoria?" -- thom, oak harbor, wa, usa.


Journey Into Music by Jeremy Ray Dunlap (1)
"This is my favorite poem by this poet of all time. I think it is original writing and a very creative idea. I hope you continue to write in this fashion, looking at the world from your inventive angle." -- Gena , LOS ANGELES, California, United States.


Josh (Haiku) by Desi Williams (3)
"Hey,nice job." -- Brian L.
"Thanks" -- Desi.
"You so totally RAWK desi!! Thanks so much *Muah* lol, =D u rok my world ;) lol, thanks for such a kind gesture, i gonna think u up one now =D" -- Josh / AxeY.


Is It Fate Or What? by Dri (2)
"Very nice, Dri, as usual :)" -- km.
"thanks, km. I respect your work and your feedback means a lot. " -- Dri.


Is It Enough? by Dri (4)
"Hey,I noticed the style of your writing has changed slightly,what happened?Whatever it was,definitely is working to your advantage.Great job,keepem' coming." -- Brian L.
"Is that right? Why do you say so? To me, I'm writing the same way but it's great that you noticed this little change. Thanks, Brian, for such a positive feedback. " -- Dri.
""Those such warm lines bring up some memories and fantasies, and put me back on the track again, really touchable...takes my breath away" (I think Brian might be right, your writing has changed slightly!!!! Could you be by any chance deep into some "falling love" spot?????")" -- roberto, b, California, USA.
"The question: is it enough? The poem,too. I like this short poem but feel it isn't enought. IMO I can't help but feel you owe it to the reader to develop this more ,add more words,retain current structure but enhance the meaning. perhaps something like: What I can give you(you haven't got) is priceless,(free but worth a lot) that sort of thing. IMO So now it's up to you. " -- Cleveland W.Gibson, Faringdon, Oxon, England.


Industrees by Glendora Rider (3)
"loved the message in this one, Glendora. Fight the power!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"very clever. have you been to the Joyce Kilmer wilderness area in North Carolina? it is a beautiful place. " -- Nick Marshburn.
"This poem is spoken with a true camera eye to what is happening in society today. It should also remind us that nature is a precious gift worth preserving." -- Nancy Rider.


I Wish I Were... by Dri (3)
"Awwww thats sweet. Whomever its for will love it. Dri, I'm sorry I havent written back. its been crazy the past week. I will soon. Take care" -- km.
"yes, he did love it, km. Don't worry. When you have the time, you'll drop me a line, ok? Hugs and thanks for writing, dear." -- Dri.
"very nice Dri i'll get in touch with you on your question in the e-mail so i don't take up too much space on your site." -- Brian L.


I Will Be There by G N (2)
"that was so sad...it made me cry. Thanks a lot! Just kidding It was great! Good job" -- km.
"That was so sweet. Might want to add "the" before bad, just so it flows better. Well done. regards, Jules" -- Jules, RI.


I Want by Dri (2)
"very good simple and into the flow of God's grace and mercy" -- vernon.
""Only such humble attitude before God would make us feel His complete grace and love"" -- roberto, berkeley, California, USA.


I Want To Die by Emma Barton (10)
"If this is one of the best i hate to see the others. It is to basic to be poetry. Poems are meant to be personal with hidden secrets behind the verses. Stop flooding the site with crap" -- Davey.
"i concur." -- Brian L.
"Reviews should be honest...yet the keyword here is "constructive", We have all written what others may view as "crap". If writing is a means to express yourself then by all means continue :)" -- mattie.
"Poetry should show but not tell... but keep on expressing yourself though :)" -- Ian Tronco.
"davey, what u might see as crap could be great to someone else, everyone has the right to express themselves how they want so stop tellin ppl to keep their stuff off this site. apart from that this piece i think has alot of emotion, but i feel as though your just saying what you feel instead of expressing it, if u know what i mean. this is just my view hope to see more of your stuff.." -- baker.
"my apologies,i should clarify what i'm trying to say.i remember when i myself was writing material like this.didn't mean to be too critical.i got laughed out of a poetry workshop for writing like that and i didn't mean to reflect that bad experience onto you.sincerely" -- Brian L.
"Yes it is very basic, but it is clear and consise. Now in saying that the author just needs to step it up a notch. Use metaphors and twists..." -- km.
"It sounds like every other typical spoiled american whiny teenagers poetry..." -- Jacqueline, Brea, CA, United States.
"I think your expressions are very personal,unlike Davey above.I would only add on caveat,namely don't cut your wrists while under the illusion that an afterlife awaits.It doesn't.Make the most of the here and now,and ignore the apologists who extoll the virtues of a mirage,namely Heaven.Good luck..." -- Colin baker.
"Well, it was interesting to see your name on here. Looks like you screwed up your life just as I thought. Now you have no dad. so sad. Oh well, You could have had a great life." -- JD.


Hymn Of Rage by Josh Anderson (2)
"Can see what you mean...it's alot more angry than most the others, but still great despite how hard it was for me to read something like that...good work :)" -- Rebecca.
"Soz it was so angry, thnx fo the review" -- Josh / AxeY.


He by Dri (1)
"beautiful...Hey Dri, did you see the "chat" thing in the advisor? Check it out" -- km.


Freak Show by Brian C Lebron (7)
"hmmm? very interesting. i would like to know more about this piece. i like this poem b/c it forces me to wonder about meaning. good work." -- Nick Marshburn.
"Hey,thanx that means i acheived what i set out to accomplish." -- Brian L.
"I agree with Nick. I loved it though :) different style, unique :)" -- Rebecca.
"Nice piece, the more i read your work, the more i am captivated by your talent." -- Josh / Axey.
"thanx,but the thanx goes to you people for your inspiration." -- Brian L.
"this is pretty cool brian...i like different and this is " -- km.
"thanx,km for your kind words." -- Brian L.


Fluttering Crush by Desi Williams (4)
"not bad. although, you should listen to your parents. they only want is best for you. Christ is real, he is not some myth and his spirit is inside of you. don't turn your back on him." -- nick marshburn.
"1. good poem. 2. Listen to your heart and mind, not ur parents. 3. Christ.... yeah right (personal opinion only, no flamming needed thank you ppl) 4. Dont turn your back on beliefs like Nick said, turn your back on what you believe in, and turn your back on yourself. Get me? Kind Regards, Josh" -- Josh / Axey.
"Hey thanks Josh. I believe Christ is real, Nick. You can be Wiccan and still believe in the Lord. About #4, ummmm. Hmmm. I think I get you. Yeah. Thanks a lot. Love and peace to all" -- Desi.
"hey, great poem, i luv'd it, listen to josh he has some good points, listen to ur heart and don't turn your back on what U believe in. hope evrything works out, i'm sure it will, congrats on a great piece:-).." -- baker.


Flaw by Josh Anderson (11)
"Clap,clap,clap Josh this piece blew my mind very well written i think this is the best one you,ve written to date.i'm giving you a 10,friend." -- Brian L.
"Whoah, im glad, geez such great enthusiasm, thank you so very much, there is no way i can show my gratitude, but thank you so much Brian." -- Josh / Axey.
"Great piece you got here :)" -- Ian Tronco.
"Thank you very much." -- Josh / AxeY.
"WOW, that is a powerful piece josh. You seem pretty happy so I gather this isnt personal. Love the wording..."I've got to deal with my, Ghosts alive," excellent!" -- km.
"Thanks KM, it actually does hold some personal detail. Anyway thanks for the review" -- Josh / AxeY.
"Packs a powerful punch there Josh... Awesome piece. I like the line "I broke the world again" Email me, mmmmkay? Love ya." -- Desi.
"Thanks, im glad it packs a hit Desi, and ya, ill email ya, ive been lazy ;)" -- Josh / AxeY.
"I think you already know what i'mn gonn say to this, however it is still a good deep piece, don't forget bout those who care for you, peace." -- Hugh.
"Well, you will be relieved to know it isnt just about me. Anyways i know, thnx man, but i will get there. Stein um stein. Peace out." -- Josh / AxeY.
"As always Josh you did an excellent job. Thanks for the comment on Eat Away by the way. Hope you are doing well. - Katy" -- Katy.


Fences by Brian C Lebron (8)
"I liked it, and it isn't really my style interest (haha i am a bit into the dark and gloomy) but i thought it was great :)" -- Rebecca.
"I get the feeling of youth and growing up...letting go! Or maybe it's you can't go...the fence keeps you in!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"It's kind of strange the older i get the more vivid the memories become.It's about physically letting go without losing the spiritual connection to it.Thanx" -- Brian L.
"Heheh, i like it, i like it a lot. Been there, done that. Nice job :D" -- Josh / Axey.
"Love it!" -- Kathy.
"hey,thanx i'm glad you all enjoyed it." -- Brian L.
"i loved it...in a smalled scale its exactly how mother's feel about their children...always trying to stay one step ahead just in case they fall" -- km.
"Thanx KM glad you enjoyed reading it." -- Brian L.


Falling In by Charles Walitzki (2)
"love your wording...good job!!" -- km.
"Pain and pathos. Love and joy. A few cliches, but not too many. Tasty diary entry. A letter, perhaps. Let's see more, if you dare. " -- dee.


Faceless Friend by Dri (1)
"I'm not sure how I missed this one before. Thank God for friends, even the faceless ones. " -- mattie.


Disjointed Hatred by Josh Anderson (2)
"You have no idea how that touches me, Josh. Thank you for putting your feelings out on the line, it makes me realize I can too. Love ya." -- Desi.
"Thanks Desu :), love ya too" -- Josh / AxeY.


Daybreak by Rae (2)
"Another excellent piece from Rae, magnificent, splendiforous :P lol, truely awesome, i know what you mean, i dont want to grow up either." -- Josh / Axey.
"haha thanks as always for the kind words, Josh :)" -- rae.


Crimson Butterfly (The Wounded) by Josh Anderson (3)
"Very nice man,i could see in my mind the picture you were trying to paint with words.Very cool!!!" -- Brian L.
"Thanx brian :D Kind Regards, Josh" -- Josh / AxeY.
"I agree with what Brian said, I can see you trying to paint that butterfly...fabulous" -- carmen.


Crazy Children by Josh Anderson (2)
"hey i really liked it. i love a bit of black humour. it was relly well written and thought out i thought...well done keep it up josh!" -- mikaela.
"Why thank you :) glad u enjoyed it" -- Josh / AxeY.


Chest Of Pain by D G Williford (1)
"What a poetically pleasing way to say it!!! Nice to see a post from you Deb!!!" -- km.


Caress 2 by Josh Anderson (2)
"Honey, you're seriously scaring and killing (figuratively!) me here. Wow, this hits home to so many other than me I had hoped, so that I'm not some weirdo freak, and now I know others at least realize the pain I can be in... Thanks so much for sharing and baring your soul. Love ya." -- Desi.
"Thank you so much Desi :), same to you." -- Josh / AxeY.


Can I Ever Know You? by Dri (2)
"This is sweet Dri. I don't know if we can be everything to each other in our relationships. But at least we can try to understand and listen." -- km.
"thanks, km. You're right, not always we can be everything but at least we can understand, that's for sure. Good to hear from you." -- Dri.


Born Again by Brian C Lebron (4)
"I like this piece alot and I really like the style. Seems like it ends abruptly though. You're a great writer. I've enjoyed your work. Keep it up!" -- km.
"Thank you again,km." -- Brian L.
"nice work man. very unique style. what poem is this inspired by and thanks for reviewing my work. oh yeah, glad you checked out redbelly. i don't know where you live, but they will be coming to a town near you soon!" -- nick marshburn.
"i'm sure it was a poem that Josh wrote that inspired this one.i can't remember the name of it though.i'm glad you liked it though,thanx." -- Brian L.


Battle Of Fear by Dri (8)
"Again with another poem from the heart...you bleed so well, so vividly and so passionately. " -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Actually this is how I feel about my family and maybe, this is why it comes from my heart, because it is real, it's pure emotion. Thanks again for enjoying my work." -- Dri.
"you are stuck with your family but can choose your friends. choose wisely my friend" -- vernon h.
"that's right, my dear, we can not choose our families, we can only pray for them and forgive them but we can always choose our friends. Thanks for being one of them." -- Dri.
"Very nice,I concur." -- Brian L.
"Alike all you work it comes from your life, so therefore from your heart. Poetry that actually mean something to yes hold so much more emotion and power to them. Loved it" -- Rebecca.
"thanks Brian and Rebecca. Yes, poetry means very little if it doesn't come from the heart." -- Dri.
"I can see that you not only have a talent for writing about love and romance but pain and sorrow as well.That's what makes you so talented,Dri.I hope that things are better in your life now and you have a better relationship with your family.Always remember that you've got a lot of friends on this website that love and respect your work,me being one of them." -- David D.


Another Chance by Dri (2)
"This piece is kind of sad,Dri.I'm sorry if you came from a dysfunctional family and I hope your life is a lot happier now.I'm sure that the good Lord will give you all the chances in life that you need.And I am almost certain that you will find love again.I can't believe that such a pretty lady like yourself ever lost it.But now that I think of it,even the most beautiful people have lost love and are looking for it again.Wouldn't you agree?" -- David D.
"yes, David, I agree. You know, there are times in life that we are ignorant and make things that we wouldn't do it we were mature. Since all that happened I have grown stronger, I was given the gift of words (my poetry) and the Lord has blessed me more than I was hoping for.....hugs and thanks for your wonderful comments. " -- Dri.


Angels Of God by Dri (4)
"hey,great piece Dri.i feel a sense of peace when i read your work." -- Brian L.
"thanks, Brian, what a great feeling to know you feel this way when you read my work. Actually this is an old one that I edited and re-posted. I now am organizing my stuff here and hope you get to read some more pieces. Keep in touch." -- Dri.
"very true... i believe angels take on different forms" -- nick marshburn.
"I agree with Nick.I believe my 9 year old daughter is an angel and she gives me much happiness.Sometimes if we look hard enough then we can find angels right here on earth.Speaking of angels,you look like an angel in your picture.:)Your friend in poetry." -- David Daniels.


All I See Is You by Josh Anderson (8)
"Beautiful, and for once not in a dark way (not that there is anything wrong with dark)good to see you happy :)" -- Rebecca.
"Thank you so much bec =D." -- Josh / Axey.
"Like she said. Great description and power. *wishes she were that girl* ;) jk. Love ya." -- Desi.
"Haha, Desi ur nuts, thnx for the review :), love ya too." -- Josh / AxeY.
"wow - that girl is lucky to have someone feeling those things for her. and you're so lucky to have experienced such strong feelings for someone. beautiful! loved it." -- mikaela.
"haha, thank you Mikaela :)" -- Josh / AxeY.
"Well done. As I continue to read your work I notice that you have a lot of different styles as far as how you write your poems.If you read my work you'll probably notice that I basically stick to one style of how I write poetry.But your work seems to be very interesting because each poem is presented in a different fashion.You are starting to open my eyes about a few things, Josh, and because of you I might do some experimenting with my poetry. Good poem." -- David D.
"I'm gald i've spurred on a little poetic experimentation. I usually attempt to make my poems style / fashion portray the emotion or theme.. if that makes sense. I like to fiddle with things and be different in most things, so I suppose the same is for poetry. Thank you for the good review" -- Josh / AxeY.


All Alone by Vanessa Moya (1)
"A Nice attempt, a bit short but get's to the point. Nothing worse than being lonley, just take heart knowing your not the only one.." -- Sasu.


Affinity by Josh Anderson (4)
"Nice piece,man i like it.Have you been reading your dictionary again?Just joshing you(ha ha)you get it.Not much of a comedian am i?I'll stick to my day job.Good job,anyhow." -- Brian L.
"Well... as a mater of fact i have been, i got half way than crached on my bed, dead asleep. But, thats got nothing to do with my use of splendifical biggerish wordz, lol, thnx brian. BTW, stick to ur day job ;) LOL. Thanks again for the review." -- Josh / AxeY.
"Very interesting poem.But I feel we all live in our own little world but some worlds are more real then others. I don't think living in a pretend world is necessarily a bad thing just as long as you are able to come back to reality.The problem is some people have a problem coming back to reality so they're stuck in their world of pretend.Know what I mean?" -- David D.
"Yep, I know exactly what you mean by that. I suppose this poem kind of addresses the issue from a strange perspective... Kind of... Thanks for reading :)" -- Josh / AxeY.


A Thorn In My Heart by Dri (3)
"nice touch Dri well written and very well expressed." -- Brian L.
"thanks, Brian. Always good to hear from you." -- Dri.
"Very sweet,Dri.Just like your picture. " -- David D.


A Sunday Drive by Brian C Lebron (2)
"This has a good feel to it...It isn't my idea of a Sunday drive but I get out on the freeway Monday morning...and I know there's a lot out there taking this sort of drive! " -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Yeah,it was a hairy ride but the swig of Jim Beam took the edge off.Thanx for the review." -- Brian L.


A Memory Not So Distant by Katherine Smith (1)
"Sorry it took me so long to get around to reading your work Katy, great job, excellent, i loved the way it was formatted, it sort of made you hit the end and dive off each stanza. :D" -- Josh / Axey.


A Collection Of Seven Poems by Marigold (1)
"I thought these were quite good :)" -- mattie.


A Boy Named Ziggy by Amber Wilson (5)
" Well done Amber, you've mastered the technique of rhyming. Now, you're my best friend, and I love you, but sweetie get some new material, lol, I'm just kidding I personally, love it." -- Katherine (katy), Tampa, Fla., U.S..
"This is cute, but it's not a Haiku. Haikus are 5,7,5. It's a cute poem though :)" -- km.
"oh yeah, i was a little out of it, it's a limerick" -- Amber.
"and a cute limerick at that :)" -- km.
"That's awesome I wish I was that talented Amber, I love ya! " -- Katy, Tampa, Fla.


A Bit Mixed Up by Curious (20)
"time heals all, trust me. good to see that you're posting. welcome! it's a nice place to get some things out in the open." -- km.
"misconception i fear km, this was written for someone else, not me." -- curious.
"Denial just drags on the pain come to terms with your lost love and maybe you will be able to find someone half as good as this lost love." -- Brett.
"I did make some mistakes and I do regret losing such a great person. It happens and now I have lerned to settle with what I am." -- curious.
"talk about curious, i didn't write the above review, won't delete it because ppl should say what they think and writers should accept it even if someone hijacks their name. hell, everyone has regrets but 'to settle with what i am' seems a bit sad to me. thanks for the reviews, fake name and all. as for brett, 2:52am and you�re reviewing, seems someone really needs to get a life instead of giving advice which isn�t applicable" -- curious.
"LOL to all of the above...and No that wasnt me. I dont hijack! Kidding" -- km.
"I think maybe you should revaluate who needs to get a life. Look at your man I am just wondering have you ever seen a grown man naked?" -- Brett.
"poor brett, i'm not female but why the heck would you want to know if i've ever seen a man naked in any event? seems to have little to do with poetry and more to do with someone's frustrations. " -- curious.
"Curious, you're causing a lot of commotion here. haha You should just delete this person's comments." -- km.
"Do it " -- Brett .
"Seems alot different from your other stlye of writing I liked it! so more?" -- mattie.
"yes it does" -- headhunter.
"alright, enough of ppl using my nicks, wtf gives anyhow? brett, figured i heard the last of u, thanks mattie and no idea what headhunter/whomever was doing, hummm 10:47pm, interesting time i'd say." -- curious.
"have you read my thesis on chemical warfare" -- Brett.
"Hey what time is it?" -- Lynn.
"Curious, how can you tell what time someone reviewed you? Unless you were up at that time on here looking. Yeah that could be it. BTW, its a lovely poem and its getting lots of attention, some negative i admit, some informative. Either way, this is somewhat entertaining. Thanks for being here. Hey Mattie, any idea when Staind will start touring? I cant wait to see them! :)" -- km.
"not necessary to be up, just using my super powers deducting it was u and not from the nick either. can't quite figure what all the comments are from actually, seemed a bit strange for just a little poem. should i pass your message along?" -- curious.
"Not sure what's up with bret or lynn, cant speak for them lol. The other was just to be funny and it worked, I laughed. Yes sure you can pass the mesage along for me. Thanks" -- km.
"hey curious, thanks for the review...lol no one else has read any of my stuff...so i thought i'd take a look at yours and i think it's really good...you have an interesting rhythm...it took me a while to read it properly...but, yeah i think its great" -- kristen.
"just a test" -- me.


There are 88 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.