www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Poetry - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Dare If You Care by Amarjit Bhambra (2)
"Sounds like your partner needs to dare a bit more" -- Anonymous, USA.
"TO ANNONYMOUS, THIS POEM IS REALLY FOR OTHER PEOPLE TO STOP AND THINK, AND TO GIVE TO THEIR LOVED ONES. I HAVE EVERYTHING THAT ANY ONE CAN DREAM OF. MY OTHER HALF GIVES ME ENDLESS GIFTS, BUT THAT TOUCH IN THE HEART - I WILL BE HAPPY IN THE THOUGHT OF A SIMPLE ROSE." -- Amy, Hayes, England.


This Evening I Want To Think About You! by Dri Cook (3)
"I would like you to write about the hope of tomorrow. Invent him, and let your new fantacy ...fly !" -- Brian B. O Neil.
"gosh, now I understand what you mean.....will do it....promise you! " -- Dri.
"hey dri!! its awsom.i lik ur poems alot de r really kool its my wish u writ on de person lif when he has sepration with her n he feel blues n miss her gurlfriend." -- kazi, karachi, sind, pakistan.


My Endless Love For You! by Dri Cook (6)
"With this evidence, you should be in love! nicely painted pictures." -- Brian O Neil.
"yes, I should! To be in love is such a feeling that only the one who experiences TRUE love love can tell! Thanks, Brian!" -- Dri.
"Extremely well done Dri! Breaking those chains again. You do such a great job focusing on word choice and similes. Brilliant once again. Bravo! Sorry I haven't been on lately... been a hectic week: Girlfriend problems and homework, but I'm back." -- ryan severud.
"Hi Ryan, thanks for your review and for enjoying my work. I too have been busy, new job, hectic!" -- Dri.
""my love for you goes beyond every word," Brilliant!!!" -- Moses Constable, Valley Center, California, United States.
"thanks, Moses." -- Dri.


I Love You As My Man! by Dri Cook (4)
"this is sweet...must be nice" -- km.
"thanks KM! Yes, this poem is special to me. I have a purpose for it!" -- Dri.
"It is a good thing to love like this with a pure heart & open mind! Well done Dri Cook, well done. " -- RAM, usa.
"YES! THE INGREDIENTS OF A SPECIAL LOVE THAT ADD SO MUCH TO OUR LIFE! MAKES WE WANT TO BREAK OUT MY WRITING PEN! THANK YOU!" -- SAKANTA, BRAZIL.


A Man And A Woman by Dri Cook (5)
"nice work dri, lots of 'perfect couples' seem to find a way to screw things up don't they." -- JAG.
"yes, Jag, even "perfect couples" seem to screw things up...how sad! Thanks for leaving feedback. I'm glad to hear from you." -- Dri.
"you are on target-with your thoughts- and you are a very lovely looking lady" -- vernon, bedford, tx, usa.
"well, thank you Vernon! Glad you enjoy my poetry." -- dri.
"I REMEMBER THE PANGS OF REGRET AND LOSS...NOW I HAVE A DIFFERENT DREAM - THAT MY MAN AND I WILL BE TOGETHER IF IT IS BEST, OR THAT ONE MUTUALLY BETTER FOR US WILL BE IN MY LIFE..THIS OR BETTER - OR NONE AT ALL IF THAT IS BEST - AT 58, CAN TAKE OR LEAVE LOVE, HAVING EXPERIENCED THE BLISS AND PAIN...THE MARRIAGE OF THE INNER MAN AND WOMAN" -- SAKANTA, BRAZIL.


Fly, Eagle, Fly! by Dri Cook (3)
"Wow... I'm very please you told me to read this one. Very powerful. Brilliant work once again Dri. Emotion is what causes and breaks these chains and ropes. And you portrayed every emotion I can find in my head. Brilliant." -- ryan severud.
"Wow!! Felt like a lift off from hell. Liked the ropes, chains, slavery, oppression part, good work!" -- Buxton.
"thank you both, ryan and buxton. Yes, I was lifted from hell and survived to be able then, to fly like an eagle!" -- Dri.


You My Friend by Kristen Gail Diana Ritthaler (2)
"I really began to enjoy this poem at the 3erd stanza. The wind leading to friencship... very clever. I like it. Good work." -- ryan severud.
"I can really relate to this poem, i have written many in the same sort of style. And thinking 'who cares if i die, i have nothing or no one to live for' i enjoyed it very much." -- Moses Constable, Valley Canter, California, United States.


What I See by Okkida (1)
"It's as if you've held a mirror against one's life, very good poem." -- A H.


What Happens by Lucy Midnight (4)
"Dear Lucy, I hear you speaking; i've been there. Trust in the Lord. Rejoice in those you do have. And write and write. And did you ever condsider the moniker of Lucy Sunshine? or Starshine?" -- d wells, US, VA.
"Better than the other poem I guess..." -- sandel clark.
"I love this one. I wanted to get to know more of your writings and not to be too hard like when I read the first one. You know, been there, somehow, someday, you'll move on again, even if you got stuck now. And yes, this poem is better than the other ones. No comparision. I fully agree on Sandel Clark." -- Dri.
"I liked this, it conveys a message that many people will recieve. I am a moderate fan of some of your stuff and think that you have some style in your work-" -- Buxton.


What A Shame! by Dri Cook (4)
"Very powerful. Filled with perfect imagery. "What a shame" -- Perfect usage of the phrase. Well done once again." -- ryan severud, san diego, CA.
"thanks, Ryan! Writing is my passion and I try to always improve it the more that I can!! I really love writing and play with words!" -- Dri .
"Outstanding, honest, open & heartfelt write!" -- RAM, USA.
"thanks again for your reviews, RAM. This one has become lyrics for a song. MOTHERS AND DAUGTHERS is the title, and I co-write it with Brian (Brion) O'Neil, if you ever want to read it." -- Dri.


Unexpectedly! by Dri Cook (3)
"well done...I can feel your pain and how much you have been waiting for this. Move on...move on, girl..." -- Tonny.
"Oh boy how I know that feeling. You depicted it very well. Great work again Dri! I should be posting some more stuff tonight if i ever get to writing it. " -- ryan severud.
"it's a feeling that only the one who experiences can tell, yes?? Thanks for leaving feedback again, ryan. Very welcome! Will try to get back to you later on!" -- Dri.


Trust by Inchara (4)
"I liked this poem, it has meaning and hope. good work x" -- buxton.
"Thanks buxton for your encouraging review" -- Inchara.
"U r a great poet.i read many of ur compositions.They r wonderful!U r really a great telented writer.carry on.Best wishes to u." -- sayantani, kolkata, india.
"Hi sayantani, thanks a ton for ur encouraging comments. it will really keep me going. Happy reading..." -- Inchara.


Tommorow I Laugh by Buxton (1)
"This is very nice. Very deep and rich in thought. I'll read more of your work." -- Jonathon Brannon, California.


Time To Tell Stories! by Dri Cook (2)
"Awesome touch at the end. Tied the whole piece together. "wrinkled, true, but a face to never forget!" Awww. Very nice. Keep up the great work. I got your email I hope i helped with my reply. " -- ryan severud.
"yes, I got it and replied. Thanks, Ryan. Keep in touch!" -- Dri.


Time Slips By by Christina Aspears (3)
"Nice, I liked it! " -- buxton.
"Great poem! Nothing more I can say :)" -- Patrick, Indianapolis, Indiana, US.
"Wonderful work, Christina. I really liked this." -- e. rocco caldwell.


The Whole World's Going Crazy by Brion' O Neil (3)
"gosh, I like it.......you said all!! You said everything...." -- Dri.
"Wow, I love this. This is so true; the world is going crazy. Many times I've touched upon the same things in your poem. " -- Alberta , Atlanta .
"Hey i like this one ,it is true of course.I got your reviews ,cheers ,you said i was killing you with rhyme ha ha,well thats what they are ,if there was a section for rap my stuff would be in there,but cheers for the offer of help,but im just doing my thing.You didnt review the titles i suggested the ones called Yeah yeah and The second comings,i am very interested in hearing your opinion on the information not the structure as i wrote them quite a while ago.Looking forward to your reply.nice piece." -- Stuart Eric Longridge, Belfast.


The Thief Of Hearts by Dixie Wells (2)
"This is great...I love the wording. The style could probably use some work for looks but overall its really well done." -- km.
"thanks for the kind words. never considered looks, just sounds. would like to hear Mrs. Parker read it. dw" -- dw, VA.


The Suns' Gonna Shine by Brion' O Neil (1)
"Very positive and uplifting!" -- Susan T. Fisher, Brandon, FL, USA.


The Heart by Dri Cook (2)
"short, cute, lovely...lindo, lindo...parab�ns..." -- tonny.
"Obrigada, thanks, grazie Tonny!" -- Dri.


The Girl With Broken Wings by Dri Cook (3)
"Dri, mais uma vez voc� se superou...beautiful write. " -- Tonny.
"what a total paralell! I wrote a song 14 years ago entitled "angel with broken wings";freaky huh? I'll put it on tomorrow." -- Brian O Neil.
"I just read it, Brian......what a coincidence, isn't it?? I love that poem of yours..." -- Dri.


The Dawning Of A Seattle Morning (To Doc Bryon) by E Rocco Caldwell (4)
"nicely done erc, and it is a fine tribute to our lost friend." -- just a guy.
"Thank you." -- e. rocco caldwell.
"I love the end...it's brilliant and a lovely gift to our friend." -- km.
"I appreciate the tribute, although I'm still around. { by the grace of god.} I havent written anything in awhile, because I lost two fingers due to my condition and it inhibits my typing. Take care, and I'll write back soon. " -- doc, vincennes, ind, usa.


Softer Than Silk by Kennedy O Obohwemu (1)
"I liked the usage of words in this poem and the comparing and contrasting. This is a sensory poem where you want the reader to use his/her senses like sight, sound, taste, touch, smell. Good job" -- e. rocco caldwell.


Sinful Perfumes. by Hannah (4)
"One word....WOW!!" -- KM (Michelle).
"Glad it had an impact on you. Hannah. Poetry site: http://www.geocities.com/han_tigger/HannahInglis.html" -- Hannah.
"hi Hannah! I'm glad you joined us. WELCOME to Storymania!" -- Dri.
"Thanks! Hannah." -- Hannah.


Silk Razors by Sasu (1)
"Wow I love this piece, man I am glad you reviewed my work because I didn�t know what I was missing out on with yours, like I have said before I can relate oh so well which makes it only more enjoyable. " -- Rebecca.


See What You Do To Me? by Dri Cook (3)
"nice happy work dri, keep up the good feelings they fit you well." -- just a guy.
"thanks, Jag! I still am sort of lost but the good feelings are coming back...isn't this wonderful??" -- Dri.
"Hi Dri, [email protected]; hear from you soon! " -- Brian O Neil.


Sea by Avis (6)
"Amateur yes... but shows that the writer has potential. You've come a long way. Imaginative and free. " -- Suz, Sharjah, UAE.
"i think you're selling yourself short. this is a terrific first effort. if you hadn't mentioned that i certainly wouldn't have known." -- just a guy.
"Thanks for your reviews Avis, I really appreciate it. Like yo were when you wrote this poem, I am a young amateur writer and this is great. It has beautiful description and is of a proffesional standard! GREAT!!!" -- Jack Roland Butter.
"Good peom as a first timer!" -- Jitendra Pande.
"I totally agree with the "other guy"." -- Stratovarius, India.
"Great work...For a first Poem, the Sea is fantastic... i like the way u have used colour to make the sea not just the blue that is usually expected but a spectrum of colors that creates colorful images in the minds of the readers. Simple language used by u is also very enjoyable and does keep the reader at ease." -- Sharon.


Rain (2) by Ashley Burdett (1)
"19, uh? This is excellent! Have you never heard og Joyce Carol Oats...this puts me in mind of her early works. You should read her. I really liked the usage of rain and how wonderfuuly visual this piece is. His touch running down her arm...like rain...wow! Good use of symbolism! It was a honor to read this...well done!" -- e. rocco caldwell.


Other Place by Brion' O Neil (2)
"I like the way you describe "Heaven" without touching on the religious aspect of it. Interesting..." -- Susan T. Fisher, Brandon, FL, USA.
"Hi Brion, like it ,Kind regards Diana Venditti" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.


One Men's Life by Bhambra (3)
"This is good, but I don't know why you would put it under humor" -- Steven.
"Steve, thanks for your comments, i do silly things in a hurry hence i printed in the humour section. I also sent of my work in my Narinder bhambra's name but the work is mine. i appreciate your views thanks." -- Amarjit , Hayes, Middlesex, England.
"That is so true! one man's life really is his wife...thats why the words "life and wife" go together so perfectly. Every man needs a good woman in his life to spend his WHOLE life with. Nice poem....if only men knew how important it is to have us women in their lives!" -- Jenny, Kent, UK.


On My Stickhorse I Ride by Brion' O Neil (1)
"Hi Brion, you are sentimental, !! I like it ,sentimental journey? kind regards DIANA V." -- Diana Venditti, Italy.


On Abortion by Avis (7)
"Brings back memories. Superb, shocking, vivid. Innocence shattered by reality. You must keep writing. " -- Suz, Sharjah, UAE.
"this gives voice to the millions of unborn children aborted over the years. This is truly a wonderful piece and a potential piece!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"ERC. Thank u. Sir, your appreciation means a lot to me. The documentary horrified me. I shudder when I think of it even today, 15 yrs later. " -- Avis.
"Great poem, since carries in it a strong message, which every individual literate or illliterate needs to read and understand. Way to go Avis, even if 10 people reading your poem decide against abortion, trust me that would be a big difference!!" -- Jitendra Pande.
"Abortion - A topic which is so much spoken about and yet has been treated as just one of those not so happy things - ur poem helps to bring out the pain and agony of the aborted fetus. The use of words like merciless, torn, bloody, cruel, etc., bring out what we all tend to forget... the life of the unborn fetus. As an individual in favor of women and against female foeticide i am very happy that u have taken the initiative to bring out the fact that abortion is not something interesting but something that causes pain and agony... and we need to make more people aware of the fact... So Keep up the good work." -- Sharon.
"Hi Avis,JRB here. I've just come across this poem and it's truly unbelievable. The lines roll with strength that is moving and almost disturbing at the same time. It proves that like me, you have a natural passion for writing. Hugely impressive. Keep it up Avis!" -- Jack.
"Should I call this a beautiful poem?I don't think I can relate the term abortion with beautiful.The usage of the words and the message it conveys is very strong.Keep going.." -- Abu, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.


Of You by E Daugherty (4)
"gosh, this is something.......love it!" -- Dri.
"Very good. I was thinking maybe the last line should be "Because I know I'll wait for you" -- just a maybe. Very different. I really enjoyed reading this piece. Keep up the good work. " -- ryan severud.
"this is very sweet..." -- km (michelle).
"How hard it can be to forget someone" -- Steven.


Ode To A Tramp by P J Francis (1)
"This definitely got my attention, I like hope expressed and positive & uplifting conclusion! Nice work!" -- Ram, usa.


My Heart Still Bleeds! by Dri Cook (4)
"You are un-stopable Dri!. "My heart still bleedsit's like caressing a rose and touching the thorns, instead!" ---Briliant!. Great use of imagery in this piece. Very well done." -- ryan severud.
"hi Ryan! Thank you so much. Yeah...I guess I'm un-stopable. I just LOVE writing......it is MY LIFE!" -- Dri.
"This is by far your best work. But for heaven's sake lay off the explanation points. " -- Jennifer.
"oooooooops, I haven't noticed that I only had a few and not necessary at all...thanks for telling me! And thanks for enjoying this poem." -- Dri.


Mr. Clown by Melissa Smith (2)
"Nice poem..... rightly depicted a buffoon. Good" -- partha pratim majumder, Kolkata, India.
"Very good. simply put yet very insightful. good work" -- Avis, Mumbai, India.


Miss You by Avis (8)
"This is the best of the lot but does not reflect the real you so is this the hidden side of you? " -- Jitendra Pande.
"Heart aches ! Painfully real ! I like this poem. " -- Suz, Sharjah, UAE.
"Avis..your author description speaks of violent emotion...which is clearly evident thoughout much of your writing...passion, vulnerability and denial...a heady combination and compelling read...nice work..." -- taylor triste.
"u have used alot of emotions in ur poem. the poem is thick with feelings and makes one aware of the pains that one goes through in life. feelings of anxiety worry fear and hope are all seen together in the poem and one has to realise that the poet also adds dejection and surrender to circumstances. this makes the reading very rich and complex. " -- Sharon.
"speaks words of millions of women who have loved, given and not received, I love it." -- louisa, aberdeen.
"Has been many years, but this brings it all back. Especially, enjoyed the use of the refrain after each stanza. If i may, at the end - - "Lots of love, hugs and kisses, Dear, and . . ./P.S. I miss you." Not a criticism, just a thought. It's a real fine piece; enjoyed it very much." -- d_wells, Fairmount.
"Thats very loving and sad in its own, i loved it, one problem for me though: the use of 'n' i found was a little too colloquial for me in this piece. But it wsa great" -- Josh / Axey.
":) For a moment I thought I am a part of what I was reading :). A fantastic poem." -- Rohit, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.


Marriage Blues by Inchara (1)
"I like it, and I understood it although I'm not married." -- Alberta, Atlanta.


Little Gothic Princess by Mistress (1)
"I'm glad that you're independent of what other s want especially when it's people who are supposedly different themselves(faux goths who act overtly dismal and are unaccepting other people and styles which is not the way true goths act), but I hope you and others realize that not all alternative people including goths are like that. But anyway I really liked your poem." -- J Payne.


Like Waking by Rae (4)
"Once again, this is beautiful. You remind me of a younger version of myself. I pray that you find peace. " -- KM (Michelle).
"too vidid, realistic. hope your writing is helping." -- just a guy.
"THe type writing that I love! Psycological, deep." -- Dri.
"As has once again already been said, i hope that you find an appropriate peace, i love your writing and can only hope that you continue." -- Josh / Axey.


Karmen' by Andrew French (1)
"yes--that's what i mean." -- dw, VA.


I've Learned! by Dri Cook (3)
"I feel you getting distant...like a fleeting moment." -- Brian.
"Excelent once again Dri. "I've learned that..., you should never take anyone for granted,people come, people go,and the ones who stay,sooner or later,may also go,and others will join you,on this crazy and fun adventure" -- really touched me. I'd be honored if you could review some of my stuff. " -- ryan severud.
"thanks Brian and Ryan. Well, I think I'm living a special moment in my life. I don't know exactly what it is, but it seems my idea of how to live a good life has changed for better! Of course, Ryan, I can review some of your work. Thank you so much!" -- Dri.


Insignificance by P J Francis (1)
"Well written. Imagery is well shown. Had a beautiful flow to it and a great meaning. Great work. " -- ryan severud.


Impecunious by Amarjit Bhambra (2)
"You shouldn't think of looking after your children as slavery. If you look at it that way it will always depress you. Look after your children now and maybe they'll return the favour when your old and grey..........." -- Katy, Spain.
"Dear Katy, Don't get me wrong, i love my children to bits, and l love doing things for them. - guess what my son now has a baby, and l look after him. He brings so much memorys from the first time my son was born. It feels like starting all over again - and l look forward to every minute of it. God bless - keep reading!" -- Amy , Hayes, England.


I'm Forced To Say by Dri Cook (5)
"don't get the "she" part, (as being the other woman in his life)?" -- Brian B. O Neil.
"Finally, now put yourself on the mountain top of freedom and SHOUT OUTLOUD! Now you can write of hopes and dreams and your fantacies. " -- Brian B. O Neil.
"the "SHE" part is just "ME", Dri...I pretend here that he wrote me this poem, got it? Now, are you sure the second feedback is related to this poem or to the other one I just submitted?? That one talks about freedom. And this one, yes, it is just a mere fantasy." -- Dri.
"This poem is very good. Might I suggest though that you not use so many of these---> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" -- Jennifer.
"thanks, Jennifer. Of course you may suggest about the !!!!!! (you did make me laugh). By the way, I am open to get more information about punctuation and stuff. If you have a web site about this where I can go, please, let me know." -- Dri.


I Wish Mothers Were Like Angels... by Dri Cook (4)
"So Do I but alas, some mothers are only mothers because they borne the child!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Ah...but mothers are like angels...who else could kiss boo-boo's and make them better? " -- mattie.
"I fully agree on you both! Some of them only born the child and YES, this is the way Mothers shouold be, Mattie, but not always they are caplabe to be loving and caring like that. This can be devastating to a child's life but not impossible AT ALL to overcome and to keep on going...been there! I never got to know what is to feel the love of a loving mother. Thank you both for leaving feedback!" -- Dri.
"I considered my own Mother to be the next best thing to God. My mother died 3 years now, I know that she is an Angel. All mothers are Angels." -- Amy, UK.


I Saw Your Double Today by Louisa Duncan (1)
"Nice poem, loved the style and usage of words, whoever this person is, must feel sorry for hurting you x " -- Sasu.


I Love You As A Friend by Dri Cook (11)
"what a nice gesture, usually when i see my name i have to duck. and it did warm my day, thank you." -- just a guy.
"you deserve it.......I wrote it from the very bottom of my heart and everything I wrote I really mean it. Your friend, " -- Dri.
"I think I may gag" -- Just a girl.
"hmmmm....yes, you may, why not?!!!" -- Dri.
"Sorry about the gag comment Dri...it wasnt directed at you or your lovely poem. More of just a reflex I think. The poem made me think of someone else. Sorry again." -- just a girl.
"Please, don't worry...there is nothing to be sorry about. " -- Dri.
"Okay! Did I miss something here? Anyway I did like the poem but I always enjoy you poems. I guess I'm jealous now because I didn't get a poem written for me! Oh well!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"no, dear, you did not miss anything.....he was my FIRST friend, you're my SECOND and YES.....I just wrote you a poem.....how do you like it? You'd better love it....:-)" -- Dri.
"And I do...I love it" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"lucky JAG!" -- Avis, Mumbai , India.
"yeah...he is, isn't he?? LOL" -- Dri.


I Can't Thank You Enough by Katrina Browne (1)
"Akka itti jiru abbaatuu beekaa ollaan abbaa beekaa jedhamaa mitiiree." -- Darge Gudura, San Francisco, California, America.


I Can Say I�M Glad by Roberto J Moreno (1)
"This is really sweet...reminds me of a Kenny Rogers song called Morning Desire...nice job!!" -- km.


How Can I Forget (1914- 1918) by Jack Roland Butter (1)
"hi. JRB long time no see. I like you work. Its simple to read and recite but did you ever try to fit the metre and set a rhyme? hmmm. Of course, the blank verse is good but I'd like to see you try more variety. warm regards," -- Avis, Mumbai.


Home Sweet Home! by Dri Cook (2)
"Wow this one is my favorite so far. "tell him that home is not a home anymore, now it is only a house, no heart, no feelings, no nothing...just a few walls," Such great stuff. You depicted how complete everything was and how un-complete it was with and without this love. Great work Dri." -- ryan severud.
"thanks, ryan! I like this piece too even though it's very sad! " -- Dri.


His Plan by G Kemp (2)
"Great Message! Excellent rhythm. I'm an admirer." -- MWS, VA, US.
"this poem like the poet gets better with time " -- MWS, VA.


Hidden... by Deadjerry (1)
"Superb stuff man, Ive just found you... (14/03/05) sorry, didn't realise you were on the go here. Like I said, write more, you have it." -- Buxton.


Hey, You! by Dri Cook (4)
"Very lightening and fulfilling. Put a smile one my face. "tell the world that faith can all things," Something is missing in that line. Between can and all. Unless I'm reading it wrong. But very faithful poem. Excellent work Dri. " -- ryan severud.
"I like the ending...nice style" -- km.
"thank you both, ryan and km." -- Dri.
"This poem is like an Angle, helping to touch Heaven. Helping to release and let go of your worries. This poem is faith that touches the heart and spreading the word through love. " -- Amy, Hayes, UK.


He's Risen! by Dri Cook (1)
"Amen to this one!" -- RAM, usa.


God? by Avis (7)
"Written very well. " -- Suz, Sharjah, UAE.
"Now this one I liked very much. I thought the flow was a little off with a few stanzas but all and all a well written work. Your stuff is very good!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"FAB! It's full of a depth about the world and it's 'GOD'!" -- Jack Roland Butter .
"Good One....." -- Jitendra Pande.
"a question many of us ask when in times of distress and need has been portrayed in this poem in an excellent manner without the use of too many words, which may confuse, but a simple and yet questioning nature of the poem makes the reader stop and think. well written verse." -- Sharon.
"Jesus." -- MWS, VA, US.
"Very nicely written. Keep it up?" -- Rohit, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.


Dropping Tears! by Dri Cook (2)
"Excellent once again. "now I can bear the pain, cuz it belongs to the past, anyway!"--- Nice! "to understand that lifeis like a miracle,one day everything seems lost,the other reborn..." -- So true! " -- ryan severud.
"MOVING INTO AND THROUGH OUR PAIN - IT WASHES US CLEAN - AND MY MOM SAID "MEN ARE LIKE STREET CARS, MISS ONE, ANOTHER COMES ALONG" - HOLD YOUR VISION, ACCEPT THE WAIT - BEING ALONE IS ALSO EXQUISITE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF FEAR..AND THEN, WE ARE NOT ALONE, EVER - WE ARE CONNECTED TO ALL! " -- SAKANTA, BRAZIL.


Don't Be Jealous, I Too Love You As A Friend! by Dri Cook (4)
"What can I say...I'm speechless for the very first time in my human existence. This is very touching and much appreciated..thank you. I'm glad I was some joy in your life. Your poetry is alive!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"you don't need to say a word.....just know that we are friends, no matter the distance, nothing matters......and yes, my poetry and meeting you guys, gosh.....do make me happy!! Hope we can remain friends forever....this is just a start, yes??:-)" -- Dri .
"by the way, rocco...I edited the poem. I knew something was missing....." -- Dri.
"Well done!" -- e. rocco caldwell.


Dirt by Buxton (3)
"I can really hear you speaking through this and it's very touching. " -- Lucy, USA, Ky.
"I can relate to this, I have lost a lot of friends by trying to censor myself and act out some charade to become popular but it never works." -- Dave Sutton.
"svnowt islnfm unfcvjed tyiam dptbylxj svwmop tzhmue" -- odpzky nxgfbs, ciuz, CA, USA.


Dance Of The Firefly by Dixie Wells (1)
"Very cute, loved it, wouldn't change a thing. Playfully sweet, I'm going to tell my sis about this one, she'll love it." -- Z. E. S. Carothers, California, United States.


Daddy Where Art Thou? by D G Williford (1)
"Very interesting, but extremely well written. Some of the rhyming seemed a little forced though. "The sperm you donated was what gave me life. Take it back mother fucker, it caused me strife" -- Awesome line. Keep up the good work. " -- ryan severud.


Creative Forms Of Poetry by Karina Lizet Perez (1)
"Having just completed a creative writing class I know the different forms of poetry all to well. I never did the quinzaine or the septolet, though. They both soud like the name of some allergy medication." -- Steven.


Cigarette Poisoning by Jack Roland Butter (2)
"Hi.Thanks for your great review on my work. I like this poem...gonna send it to a friend of mine who smokes..maybe it will hit him. :) why the shakes reference? good work tho. pls post more of ur work" -- Avis, mumbai, India.
"you have a beautiful name." -- jason roland.


Born Free! by Dri Cook (2)
"I could feel myself soaring when I read this" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"We were born to be free!! What a wonderful feeling. Thanks, Rocco!" -- Dri.


Blood & Tears by Avis (9)
"I liked the tryst with the vampire." -- Tanya.
"Good flow of words. I don't particular like this sort of work but it is written very well" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"A great poem, you obviously have a passionate insight into love and other meaningful things." -- Jack Roland Butter.
"A very emotional piece. Pain and lust are expressed beautifully. A great one, this is" -- J Shartzer.
" the language used, full of adjectives, have made the poem burst with feelings, emotions, and is errie yet fascinating. the antithesis used give a very strong substance to the verse and help in emphasising the difference between the human and the beast. good use of words. " -- Sharon.
"Very cool, I like the rhythm you use. This must have taken a long time to turn out. Bravo!" -- Christina Apears.
"Thanks Christina. This poem did not take long at all... It just got itself written - violently :) Thanks for reading my work" -- Avis.
"Simply loved it, i loved the way that you used description of this vampire lover in a way that made him human yet demon, well done, and i loved the piece all round. Keep writing on." -- Josh / Axey.
"I loved it - it is emotion in words." -- Preeti.


B. R. I. A. N. by Dri Cook (3)
"Thanks, kiddo, everything will be alright!" -- Brian.
"Awww very sweet Dri. " -- ryan severud.
"thank you, both, Brian and Ryan! Yes, Brian, everything will be alright!" -- Dri.


Another Beggar's At The Door by Skyler Drevan (1)
"This is my poem. My name is Skylar Burris. I don't know who posted this here under the name of "Skyler Drevan," but this is copyrighted material. Please take it down. " -- Skylar Burris.


Addicts, Sex, And Suicide by Lucy Midnight (13)
"What the heck is this? Everything about this poem/story, from it's title to it's content, screams EROTIC and I JUST WANT TO GET SOME ATTENTION ON A WEBSITE. So what do ya do, you come up with a title you know people wont be able to ignore, you call it "psycology" which it isn't, and then you come up with this story that's innapropriate and stupid. But hey, it'll provoke a response from readers (me included) so I think you'll be happy with how this story does on here." -- Steven.
"I totally agree with Steven..." -- E.
"I have another idea for psycological writing...yep! I think Steve is right...with this title, who wouldn't stop by?? I read it once, read it twice and still think Steve is right! " -- Dri.
"ooooooops...sorry, of course I meant SteveN, not Steve. Sorry, Steven!" -- Dri.
"Steven dont be such a hater lol" -- MICHELLE (KM).
"Thanks everyone. I wasn't sure how my comments would would be recieved. I thought people would say I was being too negitive and hard on Lucy Midnight, but I really meant everything I said in my review. Ironically, my review's generated more response friom you people than Lucy's story, which I'm sure she's not happy about, but what can ya do? (I swear sometimes I sound so much like JA St. George it's scary.)Thanks again everybody. " -- Steven.
"Actually I get what Lucy is trying to convey but there is little effort. It's a great idea and maybe she could rework the whole piece. " -- km (michelle).
"Maybe. I'm done tooting my own horn about this." -- Steven.
"This doesnt make any sence~!....its really gay and stupid..some of the worst poetry ive ever read..." -- kc.
"Its true you cannot go pass it, you want to go into it and get into the writers mind. Its small, but there is a side that you can imagine from the other end and want to read about it. It is like a small piece of art, like a painting which has a story to it. Do you not agree?" -- Amy, Hayes, Middlesex, England.
"What I see here is an attempt to be mellowdramatic. A lot of teenagers (you are one, aren't you?) write poetry and try to be mellowdramatic with it. I never did like that. Especcially when they write poems over and over about the same thing: a love that won't have anything to do with them." -- Stan.
"Not another sicko here!, polluting the Mania waters. You need to get a hobby...demolition, blow up your computer so we don't have your crap to muddle up peoples normalcy." -- Harry.
"here here here here here here here here here here" -- Latonia Atkins, Max Michael, Bertha Stevenson, Randolph Espinoza.


Abstract Painting by Kristen Gail Diana Ritthaler (2)
"Really cool , I am a fan of this type of poetry! Good work, I loved the imagery." -- P J, UK.
"At first I wasn't very intrigued. But as my eyes met the middle it became beautiful. Very well done. Very true. I love "true" poetry." -- ryan severud.


A Fatherless Child by Cynara Moore (1)
"it nice to read poems from a different angle - i like the end bit, "A burden l no longer partake in". " -- Amy, UK, England.


2 Lovers And A Sexy Moon! by Dri Cook (7)
"terrific portrayal, love the sexy, naughty moon particularly along with the end." -- just a guy.
"well, to tell you the truth, I like that too...somehow, I had the image of a sexy and naughty moon in my mind, as if I could really see it, and had to write it down...glad you like it:-) Thanks JAG!" -- Dri.
"Wow Dri. Your last couple of poems have been very uncharcterisic of you" -- Steven.
"I like this poem, some really nice images, can almost see the moon dancing in the sky! Hannah. Poetry site: http://www.geocities.com/han_tigger/HannahInglis.html" -- Hannah.
"Hi Steven...only today I got to read your feedback here. Yes, it seems I have changed a little bit but still write the other style. In fact, I love it!! Keep in touch! And thank you also Hannah! Welcome to this site!" -- Dri.
"Quite enjoyed this. I shall return to read more." -- Ulysses Hero, Leicestershire, Middle England, UK.
"Dear Dri, I think this poem is very romantic and I enjoyed it very much. I also think you look pretty in your picture. Thanx for your review of 'Forever,I Will Always love you'" -- David D..


There are 71 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.