www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Poetry - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Unspoken And Oppressed Within by Cynara Moore (1)
"wonderfully wrtitten and well said. The core of the American consciousness rested on the right to be different! But something happened on the way to that place...Good job!" -- e. rocco caldwell.


Soul Mate by Stuart Eric Longridge (2)
"Please re-submit this in another form." -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Nicely written and a creative way to present it, but I would like to read it in lyric form, to see if it more meaningful. I must say that we are rare breeds in this contemporary life...it seems as though most poets write in prose and that style of writing is the only style accepted by the critics and publishers...how sad!" -- Brian O Neil.


You-Are by Desdemonda (3)
"Happy xmas to everyone!" -- Desdemonda.
"short and sweet and cute :D happy xmas to you as well " -- rae.
"I loved this, great job!! Sounds like the perfect kind of person..." -- Bevin.


Welsh Rabbit by Xero (1)
"Looked on here to see who had invaded my hitherto virgin x page. xero? Bath??? even Frank liked it???? Is that you by any chance Shortarse???? You should write some more, erotic is definitely your forte. It always was. Who was this Welsh bint anyhow?" -- xoggoth.


Wedding Vows by Just Jenn (1)
"This I like because it forces a person to look at the line and what they mean. Good job" -- e. rocco caldwell.


We Could Have Ended It Today by Just Jenn (3)
"Sounds so cold and lonely it that world. Too bad there's no guarantee with leaving, or one with staying. Liked the poem, not the underlying story." -- Just A Guy.
"***good poem---it's sad that this is so true to real life " -- insomniac.
"This is very well written...I like the flow of the days just passing by with nothing accomplished. Sometimes we live like that not doing what we really want, not saying what we should just because it seems like too much work and too much for our minds and hearts to handle. I liked this and look forward to more :)" -- K M.


The Passage by Eyitemi Egwuenu (2)
"Marvelous! Powerful! Visual! This is excellent! " -- e. rocco caldwell.
"great piece of poetry from an enlightened mind..." -- kennedy, abraka, delta, nigeria.


The Mirror Of Me by Sharon Lynn Willis (2)
"As the man this poem is dedicated to. Let me say that the author should fear no more. I am her man, her knight, her King. I lay my heart and soul at her feet, and take her as my Queen. Thank you for your gift of love Sharon." -- John Warren Entinger, Pensacola , fla, US.
"Nicely written." -- e. rocco caldwell.


The Maze by Eyitemi Egwuenu (1)
"This is though to read but I read it through. the second time I enjoyed it much better" -- e. rocco caldwell.


The Forward Thinker by Sasu (1)
"Ive read all your work and Ive given comments for all. I honestly have to tell you that your really good at writing emotional poems. Please submit more. Thanks." -- Arayka.


The Dreaded Word by Just A Guy (2)
"I like this JAG! Lighthearted & witty piece! Well done." -- Monte.
"Very amusing...." -- taylor.


Take A Chance by Just A Guy (5)
"Very nice JAG. " -- taylor.
"It is all about taking chances...I liked this one too" -- mattie.
"thanks for the kind words. mattie, you're right about that, nothing worse than saying 'i should have'." -- JAG.
"Way to go. Life is all about taking chances. I like ur style. I like ur attitude" -- Avis, Mumbai, India.
"Your poetry has a very centered solid feel that gets right into your heart before you know it...I wish I could write like that..just straightforward and oh so honest...I've read so much of your stuff now - think i have a crush!" -- mia angello, WI.


Still Happy To Be An American by Just A Guy (2)
"This is great JAG!" -- Jason Terrell, USA.
"JT, your review is greatly appreciated. i still remember the pride watching that day and mourn for the brave men and women who have died since. freedom isn't free, it's quite expensive." -- JAG.


Some Unnecessary Words by Higgins (4)
"I missed the point of this poem. I don't quite get it!" -- e. rocco ccaldwell.
"Rocco-Many words in English are not needed.For example, "evacuation process" could just be "evacuation" and "blue in color" could just be "blue." I am reading your stuff and will be getting back to you. " -- Higgins, Miami, FL.
"Now I get it...and I agree with you. I'm sorry I was reading my own view into what you were trying to achieve and it does work! " -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Higgins, love it! Great little exercise. " -- morte.


Sandstorms by Eyitemi Egwuenu (1)
"I liked this one, Eyitemi. You use word that visual well. Poerty is though to wrire but you did a good job with this on." -- e. rocco caldwell.


Rotting Deep Within by Buxton (1)
"The more I read the more I love" -- Rebecca.


Roachtrap by D G Williford (2)
"I'm not in agreement concerning this war but I echo your words in this poem...Hussien was an evil man that needed catching. I think the world is a better place now he's caught! By the way, I haven't seen much of your stuff lately!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Thanks Rocco! I appreciate your review. I haven't been writing anything lately. I've been reading alot. I miss it dearly and need to return. Thanks for the encouragement! I'll have to check out your latest. " -- Author.


Reawakening by Eyitemi Egwuenu (1)
"well done, my friend! This is such a wonderful poem!" -- e. rocco caldwell.


Pastimes by B Galindo (1)
"Easy enough to get caught in that trap, don't beat yourself up, i've a hunch you have loads of company. nicely done. might want to correct you to your 3rd line." -- Just A Guy.


Passing Through Heaven's Door by David B Doc Byron (1)
"Doc, this is truly a rare moment. I never thought you could produce such a wonderful piece filled with the love and emotion of a dying man! This is one of the best works done on this site because there's a deep honesty in each line. Life is a struggle let alone death. You captured both in this piece. Fantastic job!" -- e. rocco caldwell.


On The Wings Of Psyche by Eyitemi Egwuenu (1)
"This really isn't my cup of tea but I admit it is handled well. I guess you're writing about a fairy? " -- e. rocco caldwell.


On One Hand by Just Jenn (1)
"pesky vows rear their head once again. one day the sun will shine again Jenn." -- JAG.


Naming Of Farts by Harvey Kennett (1)
"LOVED IT!!! It's really good to see a writer with a sense of humor these days. Keep em' coming." -- david doc byron , fartsville, ind, usa.


My Suicide by Kristen Gail Diana Ritthaler (1)
"First off there is some very good stuff in theis poem. I really liked the first stanza and thought this should have been the beat and rythmn of the poem but some of your other stanzas lost this beat and seemed to add unneeded words. The poem needs to be sharp...like a blade giving it a sense of suicide. You can work this into a very fine poem over time! All and All I liked it." -- e. rocco caldwell.


Lonely Heart by B Galindo (2)
"this is wonderful. the imagery and emotion in it is great... love it :)" -- rae.
"This is beautiful...so sad, but really lovely..." -- KM (Michelle).


Loneliness by Roberto J Moreno (2)
"Interesting! You have the making of a great poem here. I like the use of the high and low mountain...maybe valleys could be worked somewhere in this. My body shivers is visual and very good! I don't think you have to mention cold is the bed I lay upon at night...the shivering body is enough. Instead of saying too cold to feel my heart...show it like you did with my body shivers! Use words that feel cold like icy, chill, frost...etc! I liked the poem in general!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"I liked this too, personally i'd remove the body shivers line but it's fine either way." -- Just A Guy.


Living Life by Martha R Arroyo (2)
"Iwrote this poem and how do I find out what people think of it?" -- Martha Arroyo.
"Let me be the first to say it is very good! I missed it because it was submitted so early and other jumped over it pushing it down to the bottom. Try resubmitting it so it will be at the top again. I think a lot of the wiriters on this sight would enjoy it just as much as I did. " -- e. rocco caldwell.


Just A Bit Callous by Just A Guy (3)
"hmmm..." -- mattie.
"should there maybe be one more m to that? " -- JAG.
"hmmmm...how's that? :)" -- mattie.


It's The Devil's Fault by Just A Guy (3)
"....hmmmm....very nice..." -- taylor.
"I can just grin. Hot! Fire!" -- Avis, Mumbai, India.
"WOW!" -- Steffe.


If I Could Dream You Here by M Q Walters (5)
"thank God for dreams, hopefully the new year will bring some reality to them. this was as nice as it was sad. btw, i think the extra m was just about right." -- Just A Guy.
"This is the stuff good peoms are made up...plight and sadness...good job" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Thanx jag...glad that xtra m was better :). Thanx rocco :)" -- mattie.
"This poem is very romantic.Tell me, is it about a love in your life that was apart from you and you longed to have near you?If it is then I truly hope the two of you were united." -- David D.
"One I longed to have near" -- mattie.


How Are You? by Just Jenn (2)
"Jenn...nice piece of writing...and very true. Thanks for the reminder. " -- taylor.
"That's so true but I think people are just trying to be kind. It's best to say something than nothing at all sort of mentality. " -- e. rocco caldwell.


Footprints by Eyitemi Egwuenu (1)
"You've always brought the best in everything you do, and this poem attests to that fact. Lovely piece!" -- Kennedy, Delta, Nigeria.


E-Mail Blues II by Just A Guy (1)
"I know exactly how you feel, it's so annoying when it isn't who you hoped it would be. Like this piece a lot, very clever!" -- Tamsin Butler.


Dreams Of Love by Elizabeth Gage (1)
"cool" -- cody anderson, north branch, minnesota, usa.


Don't Promise Me After While by Just Jenn (2)
"i know how this feels. certainly grows old quickly. nice work" -- rae.
"This has a familiar..."been there done that" feel to it. Very nice...you must be a newbie...welcome :) " -- mattie.


Deception by B Galindo (3)
"AWESOME!!! " -- KM (Michelle).
"I CANT BELIEVE HOWWWWW GREAT IT IS...this issss the best poem EVER WRITTEN !!!!!...sikeeee I lied what a deception huh? I lied ...again its a good poem! "pendeja escribiendo mierdas" that means YOU WRITE LIKE AN ANGEL!" -- Santana, T.U., Chile, Putamadre.
"Uh hey i just saw u are colombian if u know spanish ignore what i just said :D *wipes his forehead nervously* well if u dont know spanish then YOU WRITE LIKE AN ANGEL!" -- Santana.


Damn Words by Just A Guy (3)
"Sometimes words rest at the tip of our tongues longing to be heard...this was nice :) " -- mattie.
"I wish you would just come back, it wasn't all that bad was it?" -- Steffe.
"my der JAG, where have you been?? Dri" -- dri.


Chrysalis by Eyitemi Egwuenu (2)
"I love your style of writing. There's a beat and flow that is so smooth it's like sliding across ice! Great!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"i couldn't agree less with caldwell!we miss you over here,sir.i hope u read this soon,send us your e-mail...please" -- kennedy, nigeria.


Christmas Snatch by Christmas Bare (9)
"rock on" -- Rachel.
"this was great fun, cheap date too - what more could a guy ask for." -- Just A Guy.
"My black face is red!!!! Wow!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"OH MY!!!! **Blush**" -- KM.
"Wow, babe! Where have you been all my life?!!I'd like to spend at least one Christmas day with you!!! Rock On!!!" -- david doc byron, hornyville, ind, usa.
"this has a definated canadian flair to it. hummmm, confess." -- JAG.
"sorry about the spelling of definite, must have been shook up re-reading this. can't imagine why." -- JAG.
"i'm so amused, i think i just creamed myself. too bad i don't have the genitals you want :P" -- rae.
"get some manners" -- Stupid.


Canyon by Rae (4)
"*** I'm not writing this to comment on the poem you posted--I wanted to comment on the poem in your "about the author" box. I was just wondering if you wrote it, b/c i really like that piece--very powerful " -- Insomniac.
"yes i did write that. glad you like it" -- rae.
"I agree the one in the author box is exquisite...this one, like all the others on cutting are very heartfelt...so sad that some one would feel this way." -- K M.
"Once again, im addicted to your work :)" -- Josh / Axey.


Cancel The Order by Sasu (3)
"Well as your first submitted writing...I like it. I kind of think you have a nack for writing and I think you should do more. Hope to read alot more of your work. " -- Arayka.
"Good for a first entry, it made me feel oddly serene." -- christine Tricarico.
"If you want "kindness" stay home with mommy and daddy, and stop writing. This is drivel with very little impact. You are reaching in the right direction, but have absolutely no training in the craft of writing. Please stop, until you gain somewisdom and some craftsmanship." -- morte.


But I Don't Want To by Just Jenn (1)
"i've read all you your new posting and i think these recent ones have been the best you've ever done. sorry that it takes the sadness to bring it out, hopefully putting it to paper will help. btw, why'd you get rid of the Etranger Mysterieux batch? " -- JAG.


Building Bridges by Buxton (2)
"Buxton, I was just going to say nice or great poem n=but I think you need to know why I liked this so much. The usage of words to relay the turmoil in this love were great. Something's arounf the corner" is a great line to introduce the feeling of something pending. I hear them...another nice usage because he doesn't see them and it's using another sense. Time doesn't always heal!!!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"SAD so Sad. cry if it helps, but yes things are always aroung the corner" -- louisa, aberdeen, scotland.


A Vampire Tale - Well, Sort Of. by Just A Guy (1)
"Hi JAG ! This made me chuckle, especially the ending ! So now we know where the hunter in "Elegant Provisions" went ! Good stuff !" -- Harvey Kennett, Chelmsford, Essex, UK.


A Touch So Innocent by B Galindo (6)
"First post huh?, nice job and welcome. could see the affair from start to finish." -- Just A Guy.
"i think this poem is very touching" -- stephanie, miami, fl.
"absolutely exquisite..." -- km .
"I love those lines "a touch with no feeling, a breath with no meaning" Damn good writing." -- Jason Terrell.
"wow! you have such a talent, the transition from one emotion to the other was so smooth and flowing, i absolutely love your style. keep writing" -- Cristina, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
"WOW! Reading this gave me Shivers! Keep it up! And like we say in my country when something is outstanding "Conche tu madre" 4 ever! " -- Javier S., Canada.


A Passionate Kiss by Dan Lemmond (2)
"Always did think Brandi was the lucky one out of all of us. Thanks for being such a great guy Dan, she deserves someone like you. Hope to see more of your work here online. Don't be a stranger!" -- Just Jenn.
"Very sweet; you obviously feel strongly for her :)She's a lucky girl...never lose those feelings, never stop showing it...." -- K M.


There are 46 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.