www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Poetry - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Your Baby by Karina Lizet Perez (1)
"hey whats up nice poem you probably like to write have you read mine what do you think" -- Martha Arroyo.


White White Wonderland by D G Williford (4)
"Very inspirational...nice job!" -- KM.
"I love the message in this piece DG, it's upbeat, positive and very much alive! Well done!" -- Monte.
"very nice, DG. I like the visual aspects of your writing" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Thank you one and all... I haven't penned anything in awhile. I found this old one in a drawer the other night. It's about 9 years old. Thanks for taking the time to read and critique! Deb" -- Author, Taylors, SC.


Want You by Desdemonda (2)
":D" -- Desdemonda.
"You can wish in one hand and spit in the other and see which feels up first. " -- Jack.


Tomorrow by J L Watts (1)
"This is excellent! Portrays what a lot of ppl live like, *sighs* including me. Very very good job!" -- KM.


Thirsty by Skyler Drevan (4)
"I liked the attempt of this poem but felt I didn't quite understand the plight of the writer. Are you thirsty because of your turmoil or has your thirst caused you to be in such turmoil? Did you take your life which seems to indicate so in the last two stanzas and if so I felt the turmoil shared in the piece fails to relay such dread! I liked the use of words though." -- e. rocco caldwell.
"My thirst is used as a metaphor for greed, jealousy and envy. " -- The Author.
"Okay! With that in mind I comprehend theusage. Keep in mind, I am not the best critic when it comes to poetry. You are a fine writer. I like your honesty...the key to any good writer" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Thanks E. " -- The Author.


The Worst Thing by Rae (2)
"I like this write even though I believe love to be the best thing God ever made. The sentiments expressed here are honest & powerful and come from the heart, this is what for me makes the best kind of poetry! Well done." -- Monte.
"poetry that does NOT come from the heart is not poetry at all or at least, is not as real as the ones that talk about deep feelings. Nice!" -- Dri.


The Bad One by M Q Walters (4)
"Never the Bad One...always the best friend...the trusted One...cannot let others drag you down into that pit of dispair" -- mandi.
"best friend...trusted one? We allow others to treat us the way they do" -- mattie.
"Sounds like you've had some troubled times in the past.There may have been times when you've felt like the bad one or you've been treated bad.But remember this,your poetry is very good and I feel you are very talented.So when you feel like that bad one try to remember how talented you are and then maybe you'll feel better.Keep writing." -- David D.
"David...as I've said before your reviews are always so kind...and that is what makes me feel better. Thank you again :) " -- mattie.


Silently Wept by M Q Walters (7)
"Thsi puts me in mind of the U2 song "She's running to stand still". I liked the sense of frustration conveyed in the poem. Good job" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Thank you e.rocco :)" -- mattie.
"Not good for you girl, not good at all...I love you " -- mandi.
"I like the message of hope at the end of this one, Favorite line "Desparately trying to drink every moment in." Thanks for the kind words on the Collection post!" -- Monte.
"Thank you Monte, and again welcome back:)" -- mattie.
"I like the ending of this piece about how you rebuild stone by stone.But explain to me why your wall has no door.Is that to keep others out or to keep you in?" -- David D.
"David...my wall has no door so that others are kept out...and so that I am kept in. :) Trust is a precious thing, the foundation to any relationship, without it there is nothing to build upon. Without trust...what ever we make think we have built crumbles. I wear my heart on my sleeve...and have always believed that "people" are basically "good". That is a flaw I have yet to repair. In my description of this poem I write... "Must learn to build walls, without doors that allow others in". " -- mattie.


Rainbow by Nadia Siddiqui (1)
"Not bad. I like the showering its gentle rays. That has such a soft feel to it!" -- e. rocco caldwell.


Ode To Losing Late Nights by Rae (2)
"beautiful" -- K M.
"This is a beautiful & passionate write, spoken with a lover's heart!" -- Monte.


My Love Life? by Buxton (9)
"the poem didn't get posted!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"That was the point!" -- Buxton.
"My Bad! I get it now!" -- e. rocco caldwell, `.
"heehee! " -- km (Michelle).
"cute :0" -- mattie.
"nice." -- Iain Spittles.
"I kno this guy personally and i think this poem sums up his lovelife well written m8 i like the way it rolls of the tongue..." -- JaseyBoi.
"I'd say I was spot-on there...cheer's guy's!" -- buxton.
"Wow Jasey, wish i knew him personally. Just been introduced to Buxton and what can i say... exquisit too much?!? lol" -- Forbidden Poet, Glasgow, Scotland.


Mending October by Buxton (2)
"I think the beat and flow could be better but the imagery was very good. So great lines too" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"I know:( Wasn't 100% in the mood for poetry, but thought I'd go for it anyway;)" -- Buxton.


Maybe One Day by Just A Guy (9)
"Oh My!! Turn on the air..." -- KM.
"Again...a very good job." -- e. rocco caldwell.
"thanks for the kind words, damn devil has been visiting." -- JAG.
"Sometimes you're writing is so sensual, sometimes so sad but I always enjoy them so much." -- Steffe.
"I liked the simplicity of this poem. It's devoid of pretentiousness. It has a certain element of purity of prose which cocks a snook at purple prose. I'm glad you closed the door at the end..did you deliberately intend the reader to feel like a Voyeur ? " -- Harvey Kennett, Chelmsford, Essex, UK.
"Thank you Steffe and HK for your review. I did hope to lead people on, to watch the whole seduction to the end only to halt it, hopefully with some abruptness. " -- JAG.
"I can only smile and say Hmmmmmmmmmm! :)" -- Avis, Mumbai, India.
"nice to see you smile and thank you for all the m's, creates quite the picture." -- JAG.
"howcome I missed this one before?? And where in the heck have you been? LOL" -- Dri.


Love Forever by Haimanti Tarafdar (3)
"very lovely, i like this a lot, nice work :)" -- rae.
"excellent moondidi.pore details-e bolbo." -- sarathi, bangalore, india.
"I can�t spare your tears; I�ll always be there; to listen to you , to care for you And to love you. Heart touching lines .. Thanks ! " -- Fultu, Zurich.


London Breeze by Roberto J Moreno (1)
"Amazing!! I loved every bit of it. Looking forward to readin more of ur stuff. " -- Hannah.


Hopelessly Together by Skyler Drevan (1)
"This piece I liked and thought relayed a darker sense of love...a forbidden maybe unacceptable love but a deep love! The words bit and scorned the reader made the reader face what it is you are writing. You other poem Thirsty didn't do this. I enjoyed this one alot!" -- e. rocco caldwell.


Grace by Skyler Drevan (2)
"A very sad but a very beautiful poem. This hit my heart. I had a wonderful grandmother who died a sad death. " -- brotherman, bellingham, wa, USA.
"Thanks a lot. " -- Author.


Go Now by Desdemonda (2)
":)" -- desdemonda.
"oh you poor soul how sad and lonely you sound" -- Emily .


Generate Our Generation by Buxton (1)
"Bux, this is very elegant and wellw written. As always I enjoy your vision and insight. Well Done" -- e. rocco caldwell.


Fading Away by M Q Walters (6)
"MQ, is was well written, could certainly feel the desperation. Hope it's better after writing. Here's a hug:)" -- Just A Guy.
"Thanx JAG...hugs always welcome :)" -- mattie.
"Nice write Mattie, But So sad! All things pass even when we feel like this, there is always hope for tomorrow bringing in better times...Right? " -- Monte.
"Alas! HOPE! What would one do without hope? Thank you Monte... as alwys so honored that you would read and review :)" -- mattie.
"Sometimes when my life is difficult I too feel like I'm fading into Hell.This is a good poem and I hope your life has much happiness and very little difficulties." -- David D.
"Thank you David...I wish the same for you :)" -- mattie.


Dream A Little Dream by Sharon L Devine (4)
"Hi Sharon, I'll dream a little dream, but I will not make a wish :)" -- Janae D Anthony, Augusta, USA.
"very pretty. If only dreams came true." -- Avis, Mumbai, India.
"Encouraging. I wish I could dare." -- Enamul, Dhaka, South Dhaka, Bangladesh.
"Awesome words - My thoughts were almost the same, I just couldn't put them into words. THANK YOU... If you have any other inspirational writings - please share them with me.. [email protected]" -- Sharon Bellows, Bellevue, WA.


Desolation. by Bg Ryan (1)
"This is short, nice and very subtle minimalism. I liked it " -- brotherman, bellingham , wa, USA.


Crave! by Buxton (1)
"This has fantastic imagery! Your strength is in the visual aspects of your writing! Great job, Buxton." -- e. rocco caldwell, Tacoma, WA.


Corner Angel by Sarah L Negrete (3)
"good description of a peaceful moment" -- C. Connell.
"I have to breathe out after reading such a wonderfully written poem. You have a great command of description placing the reader alongside you. This is fantastic....please try to get it published!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Visually cinamatic, I can feel the breath in these descriptive words pictures. Well Done!" -- Monte.


Blue Bird by Skyler Drevan (2)
"I enjoyed this. I liked the flow of words and the beat. This was well thought out and carried a wonderful message of life itself...we should all just be ourselves!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Thanks E. Rocco Caldwell. I have thourougly enjoyed many of your pieces as well. " -- The Author.


Autunno, A Collection Of Verse by Paolo Debernardi (1)
"Like enjoyed many of your poems but I would have submitted them individually so people could read and review them. t was difficult to read one after the other and not be able to comment. I liked the Bubbles poem but thought the line in Autumn I saw a leaf from my window fall. This gives the impression that the leaf fell off your window instead of a tree. "from my window I saw a leaf fall!" seems clearer! All and All very good imagery and flow of words." -- e. rocco caldwell.


Abused Girl by Rose Raposo (2)
"I love u rose and i'll do my best to protect u for the rest of ur life rose, rose i love u" -- Nelson R.
"Sad poem. Remember: Bad things do happen to GOOD people...get the help you need, sometimes you can't do it by yourself, I wish you the best :)" -- mattie.


The Axe Man by E Rocco Caldwell (2)
"A poem about farms and wagons. This was the kind of thing we dreaded to read back in high school out of shear bordom. Why is the author glorifying fields of haze and sun, they just happen. I give this poem an overall 1, because I think the author should have taken an axe to this poem a long time ago." -- Gary Kolarski, Washington , DC, USA.
"I appreciate your opinion but this poem is about so much more than what you reviewed. I see you missed the centralized meaning of the poem and perhaps that's my fault as the author. " -- e. rocco caldwell.


Vision by Luis Felipe Moura (1)
"A very beautiful romantic and touching poem. It conveys sadness and happiness at the same time, I loved it. Catherine Zoghbi, Lebanon" -- Catherine Zoghbi, Lebanon.


Vigilante by Keri McGriff (1)
"excellent" -- k.


Under The Stars by Luis Felipe Moura (1)
"i wish i could kiss someone..." -- gillen.


This Green And Sterile Land by Harvey Kennett (1)
"Hell of a labor poem! I believe this catches perfectly the struggles of labor and technology. This place once defined them, now defiles them! This sums up the worker..once loyal to the craft and that loyalty betrayed him! Fantastic poem! Take a look at some of my own labor poem! " -- e. rocco caldwell.


The Stupid Me by Destiny (1)
"I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one that didn't 'fit in' in school! I liked the way you expressed your feelings! You have quite a talent for writing!" -- Luis Felipe Moura, Belo Horizonte, MG.


Sunshine by Nadia Siddiqui (1)
"I like the concept but thought this could be written better: with hands of His design for a moment in my mind I hold his trust but it slips through my palms like golden dust This is more visual all and all a nice poem" -- e. rocco caldwell.


Still In Love by Buxton (2)
"Excellent work!" -- Luis Felipe Moura, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil.
"I really love this poem. It really speaks to me. By the way thanks for your support on my poems. If you would like to talk about anything, just email me at [email protected]. Rebekah's my real name, Lucy Midnight's my "stage" name I guess you could say. I have other poems all of which are postd on www.poetry.com. Enjoy your inspiration while it lasts. Just remember that. Lucy Midnight " -- Lucy, Beaver Dam, United States, Kentucky.


Situations by August Nyghts (6)
"Clever play on words with some deep meanings. keep notes, write a soap." -- JAG.
"Thanks JAG...you have been missed, hope your here to stay...anyway thanks again." -- August.
"I didn't understand this at all. The wording was cumbersome and I still don't get your intent. Is it just to play around with words are something else. I'm lost!" -- rocky.
"This is by far-in my humble opinion, your best work yet. Write on." -- Tessa.
"Thank you Tessa" -- August.
"Your playing with words resulted in a beautiful and profound poem! Can't wait to read more from you!" -- Luis Felipe Moura, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil.


Repentance by Nadia Siddiqui (3)
"yeah...let's get alittle political! I like it. The USA going around inserting it's hegemony on the world using minorities and poor whites to toil the soil with their blood so the rich can sit back and rake in mo' money! Good job!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"this is great. short, but still carries an important, powerful message." -- rae.
"I really feel like forwarding your poem to some of the world leaders of today! One of the best poems I've read here at this site!" -- Luis Felipe Moura, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil.


Released by Rae (1)
"I like this Rae, it's cinamatic and easily visualized in the minds eye, the sentiments expressed are honest and moving. It is simple and beautiful, just like a butterfly dancing in the sky far above this imperfect world! What a pleasant surprise you give us with so few words! Thanks poet." -- Monte.


Pushing You by Buxton (1)
"Very good. This snowman freezing for free...this ways in so many ways. I liked the use of cold, snow and the feeling of forlorn." -- e. rocco caldwell.


Perfect Love by Mia Angello (1)
"I hope He liked it as much as I did... :)" -- Luis Felipe Moura, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil.


Parts Of Myself Explored by August Nyghts (1)
"This is what you're best at. Not the ex-lover, boyfriend, boy thrashing poems readers are getting used to. Write more about you, not what's been done to you. "The past goes right on pulling me apart, though I can scarcely remember the people or the issues." Mason Cooley" -- JK.


Octopus by August Nyghts (2)
"Now this is more to my liking. I enjoyed this poem visually and the flow was just about perfect. I felt the squeezing and the hopelessness. I liked how you used death as a way of getting freedom. It gives the poem a stronger feel. Well done." -- rocky.
"Loved this poem, thought it held a lot of energy, and passion." -- Buxton.


Nothing To Say by Jessica M J Martinez (2)
"this is good but a little clumsy. I can see your theme and the fact your love is dying out in a hopeless dead love. This is good you should continue to develop it." -- rocky.
"True feelings usually result in beautiful poems! I really liked this one! You're a great writer!" -- Luis Felipe Moura, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil.


My Soul Is A Hole by Rae (2)
"Your soul is a hole....I liked this but at one point I was sure your were talking about---you know--- but its a good piece." -- e. rocco caldwell.
"heh, thanks for the review... it's all innocent though, i promise. :)" -- rae.


Living In This Prison by Buxton (1)
"excellent! This is a poem. " -- e. rocco caldwell.


Inside by Jessica M J Martinez (1)
"i like this a lot. it's short but still full of emotion." -- rae.


In Secret by Luis Felipe Moura (1)
"Very well done. I liked the beat of the poem and the vision it creates in my mind of these two lovers." -- caldwell.


Here Kitty Kitty by Just A Guy (4)
"heehee! ;)" -- KM (Michelle).
"very good! This would be a great greeting card!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"glad it gave a laugh - f'n cat is driving me up a wall - i've heard it said they're just ladies in fur coats, get their way when they want. oh well, time to fire up the grill." -- JAG.
"Hey man, I know that this piece may not be intended in the same way I took it, but I used to know a lady named Kitty I used to love, love more than anything in the world, and now she's gone. Anyway, not to bore you with my depressing feelings, good stuff, and I hope you hang in there. I'm not saying I'm the best critic, I'm not Siskel and Opert or who the fuck ever, but I'm not Forrest Gump, either. Like your stuff. I gotta go eat now; getting weak. docc" -- david doc byron, vincennes, a fucked up country, ind.


Forbidden by Luis Felipe Moura (2)
"I loved the unexpected ending!" -- Catherine Zoghbi, Lebanon.
"A skilfully constructed poem, with a sad ending..no mention is made why they cannot be together...perhaps she or he is married to someone else...however I like the way you have avoided mentioning this...the reader is challenged to ponder the relationship and why it cannot be sustained. Wonderful imagery..a recurring theme of darkenss..."the eclipse won't last for long", "Darkness gently wraps her", "A true princess of the night", "Yet another night has come ", "Stars keep her company"...which leads me to conclude that she is no Angel of Light..but something a little darker. Thank you Luis..It's not often I read a poem several times but in this case, you have made me think about the poem and the people within it. " -- Harvey Kennett, Chelmsford, Essex, UK.


Fantasy Convention by Dawn Marcotte (1)
"This was so good. It flowed exceptionally well. I was wondering whatever happened to the anthology and why haven't you posted any more stories? You certainly have a flair for writing, and if your work gets highlighted on a site such as this you're bound to get better. Just thought I'd offer a little encouragement. All us wanna-be writers need that from time to time. Keep up the magnificence." -- Michael Harris, Detroit.


Crash!!! 1256 by Derek Rogers (1)
"This has some many edges to it...the thought of a father and son skiing and a mishap occurs, they survive and their love for each other is that much stronger. This is so good! Keep it up, bro!" -- e. rocco caldwell.


Colors Of Life by Nadia Siddiqui (1)
"I liked the imagery of this poem. Very good!" -- e. rocco caldwell.


There are 52 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.