www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Poetry - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Fear Silo by Elboc Noj (1)
"i don't mean to be rude but take this as an advice dog. stop writing poems! write stories instead. such as horror stories. instead of those dreadful poems!" -- shawn w.


Wanderlust by D G Williford (7)
"vampire fo sho dog. great poem, i like the vibe." -- shawn w.
"Thanks Shawn... I appreciate the feedback... I write my "stuff" in 15 minute intervals.. so, what you see is what you get... " -- Author.
"Very provacative. I enjoyed this piece." -- Molly B.
"I thought it was awesome except I would drop the "my partner" and leave it "for I alone have the power to make you be forever"...." -- Micky.
"Thank you Micky... I like the flow much better now." -- Author.
"I had to read some stuff from the critic who has been brutally critical, yet honest, to my own work! First... the words "Me thinks" really sets the tone in a ridiculous manner; second... the line "this body that is not my body" is redundant and hard to read - On a final note, I do like the style and the piece, very well organized and well-written..." -- Reagan Rothe.
"Rothe... thanks for your honest review. I appreciate all feedback constructive or otherwise. It sets a fire in myself as a writer that I think all of us need from time to time. Keep writing... I want to see what else is trapped inside of you." -- Author.


You Threw It Away by Jeni Jopes (5)
"*****My boyfriend just broke up w/me,and this really reminds me of him. He said that he didn't think he had the responsibility and commitment. I dunno, guys can be jerks. " -- D Donely.
"This poem is OK, Jenni Jopes Jenni Jopes, but I see the same mistakes in this poem that I saw in your last one. I know this is supposed to be a serious poem but the line "I heard the words in your mouth" actually made me laugh. And what is "shaming?" Plus there is some spelling and puncuatiom mistakes in this. " -- Steven.
"I liked this poem, although it could have been brushed up a bit,never the less a deep and fortifying poem about the age old love of opposites, good work:)" -- Buxton.
"hey thanx you guys! especially buxton! i needed the support." -- Jeni Jopes.
"it's confusing, i'll try and get it. does'nt mean anything special to me, maybe it does, hey it's your personal stuff. i like it. anyway don't worry about the spelling and punctuation stuff, that's petty. 14 is kind of young to have someone break your heart. hope it turns out well!" -- lori-ann.


You Never Changed by Jeni Jopes (1)
"*****I really liked this one.I especially liked the way you started it. It reminds me so much of my ex...but, that's another story. hehe" -- d donely.


Wrong File by Jeni Jopes (1)
"*****I liked the way you used opposite lines, it made the poem flow smooth." -- d donely.


Writer's Passion by B C Mercer (1)
"Like the first line. Like the last line. The middle line is just lazy." -- Peter Rivendell.


When You Left by Jeni Jopes (2)
"*****This was good. I liked the way you counted down from 10, that was a different style.I know exactly how you feel, i've lost tons of friends who had to move away. But, i still try to keep in touch w/them ,though it's hard. Good luck-good writing." -- d donely.
"Wow, JJ, this is really good! that's really all i've got to say about this one...(read the one I wrote under Sara Roggy called "Walking Alone:)" -- Sara Roggy.


What's The Use? by D Donely (3)
"it gets better, it gets worse, it gets better, it gets worse....get it??" -- michelle.
"I agree with M. It get's better, it get's worse, etc, etc, blah blah BLAH. What you have to in the meantime, is try as hard as you can to keep a positive attitude. If I hadn't done that the last several years of my life, I'd been a DEAD MOTHERFUCKER. Think about it, ok? You have a nice day. Doc; The guy that can always fill your prescriptions, {that is, as far as WRITING is concerned. " -- david doc byron.
"Awesome. Simply breathtaking. This was the greatest thing I have read in years. Fantastic. Your control of the english language is spectacular. I think you are a fucking genius. When you said 'I've taken their advice/and where has it gotten me?' I was mesmerised. Your use of Iambic pentameter in the first - sorry - the only - stanza blew me away. You have a great future ahead of you, Donely. A great future." -- Martin Glenpool.


What's The Point? by Jeni Jopes (3)
"*****I really liked this one, it was good. It's one of my favorites that you've written. But, why don't u try to write a poem that has stanza's and rhymes. You know, just kind of try some new styles and set ups for your poems.That way you have some variety and stuff. Just an idea." -- d donely.
"hey thanx for the suggestion!" -- Jeni Jopes.
"HEY! it's like this can relate to me. i'm so glad that another person can write same types of poems like me." -- lori-ann.


Walking Alone by Sara Roggy (3)
"Very nice, Sar. :) You're a very good poet. Keep it up!" -- Grace.
"thanks, Grasser!" -- Sara Roggy.
"One Word: Wow. ok heres another: WOW!!! " -- Jeni Jopes.


Too Young by D Donely (3)
"Nice! :)" -- michelle.
"Very well said, and so true." -- Molly B.
"I think this poem is proof that the talent of a 14 year old shouldn't be underestimated. Very good Donely." -- Eric Richards, Gainesville, Fl, USA.


Things Aren't As They Seem by D Donely (5)
"*****This stupid website is making me sooo mad!!!I always use the same name to post my poems, but it's acting like i'm using different names. So...it's not listing all that i've written. Does anyone else have this problem? If you want to read more of my poems, just type in "D Donely", and it'll all come up. thanks." -- d donely.
"Very interesting and decently written. Good thought stream. Keep writing, keep on expressing from your heart, your soul, and your spirit. There is much more to life than we have been taught or can teach. " -- C.L. Mareydt.
"Seems like a million things I've seen before and you trashed the ending. There are some good metaphors hidden in the folds. Keep trying. " -- D. G. Williford.
"*****I appreciate your review Williford, i really do, but i just want to know what u meant when you said I "trashed" the ending. Any ideas of how i could make it better? Personally, i like it the way it is, i think it suits the overall poem. And..i'm pretty sure I've never read ANY poems like this one. But,if u have any specific advice, i'm always willing to listen. That's why i post my work, to get ideas, and to get better. Thanks!" -- D donely.
"It really bores me ,these people who do nothing but criticize others works,the piece is what it is,do not change it ,you wrote it this way for a reason,if you are 14 and writing this stuff then,i wish you all the best of luck,because it is very good" -- Stuart Eric Longridge, Belfast.


The Wait by Christopher Syrett (1)
"Nice flow like a breeze with a good, poignant ending. I enjoyed it!" -- Offpill.


The Trip by Jeni Jopes (1)
"*****:) I see that you decided to try a new form of poem.I'm glad you did.I just didn't really understand what this poem was about. There wasn't anything really specific to let you know what the meaning was. " -- d donely.


The Talking House by D G Williford (6)
"I liked this a lot. I'm not sure if the last line is meant to be humorous or not, but it made me chuckle a bit. " -- Molly B.
"Yes - humorously 'wry' - it is pretty clever. D.G Williford - D.G. Williford - that too - it's one of those great names like 'W.C.Grace' or 'E.E.Cumming's' " -- eh?.
"Thanks Molly... As I wrote this, I did not mean for it to be humorous but the last line jumped from my fingers and it stuck... Everyone has commented on that line... " -- Author.
"What are your thoughts of the last line? Should I change it, leave it, take a different path? " -- Author.
"leave it...it makes a statement" -- michelle.
"Thanks for reading it Michelle... It's one of my favorites that I wrote at work in about 10 minutes. Simple but it has a point... " -- Author.


The Pressure by Sara Roggy (1)
"i love this poem! sometimes i feel that way too!" -- lori-ann.


The Presidents by D G Williford (2)
"is it about being driven by money and greed?" -- Micky.
"I wrote this after finding out that what we owed Uncle Sam in taxes and that we couldn't get a house until I paid about 2K in past bills. So yes, you are correct in a way.. we all are driven by this useless manna, this wretched parchment that forces us to chase it to survive in this world. " -- Author.


The Jump by Sara Roggy (2)
"hey! im still ur friend! im never leaving you! i just have other friends too and so do you so thats a problem but im still here to talk! great poem by the way haha." -- Jeni Jopes.
"You Really Have Some Talent, Use It Wisly. I Really Do Understand How You Are Feeling. I Go Through The Same Thing Everyday. ~~Erin" -- Erin Rewsak, Montana.


The Entrance by B C Mercer (1)
"fresh, exciting... made me think of times we spent on the farm.. go for it! " -- D. G. Williford.


The Edge by Christopher Syrett (2)
"dam!geat job though" -- shawn w.
"Once again, a feeling that people can relate to written in a vivid way. I enjoyed this!" -- Offpill.


The Beating Of Wings by Peter Rivendell (7)
"Wow. I am in awe. This is wonderful. I love your style! One thing- I think you mean "traumatized". Write on!!!!" -- Tessa.
"Thanks for your kind words. It`s always great to get some feedback. You made me check - distrust my spell-check even, and "traumatised" is the usual UK spelling..." -- Peter.
"I always marvel at the depth of your writing and this is no exception. Good work as always Peter." -- Just A Guy.
"UK, huh? I'll keep that in mind when I read your works. Love those accents!" -- Tessa.
"Very descriptive but to the point that I lost interest and couldn't follow your images. I caught up again with your thought process towards the end and it made me think of a terminally ill person that is being kidnapped in a dying vessel. Very intense.. " -- D. G. Williford.
"Intersting poem and quite touching. You do feel what the individual is going through and you can feel the angst and pain. I like the poem and feel that the writer has great potential." -- Jason.
"I appreciate your taking time to review some of my work. Your comments were kind and well received. This particular piece, "The Beating of Wings", I enjoyed two-fold: The steady breeze of imagery throughout, and the personal connection it made with me. I am no critic, therefore I will not try to offer any criticism beyond what I've already said, but I will offer you words which help guide me through the practice of writing: WRITE AS IF YOU ABSOLUTLELY UNDERSTAND THAT YOU OWN IT. You may already be doing so, if not, I have found this particular thought to be most comforting. I hope you will as well. Though I have not read all of your posted work, I have enjoyed that which I have read. As for your return to writing, welcome home." -- STORM, West, Texas, USA.


Tell Me The Way by D Donely (3)
"Not bad...some forced rhyming, but overall a nice job." -- Michelle.
"*****Ya, I know what you mean. This one wasn't too easy to write. I guess I just wasn't really in the mood. " -- d donely.
"Forced rhyming is your biggest problem, but you will overcome that with effort. I can still see the potential in this poem. You will never be satisfied with a poem. If you are satisfied, you did something wrong. Your works will constantly change throughout your life. I was told to write a poem and let it sit somewhere for 6 months and look at it again and you won't know what posessed you to write like that. It works! Keep it up D! You'll be well on your way!" -- B C Mercer.


Southern Beauty by B C Mercer (5)
"Is this an advertisement for the North Carolina Tourism Board?" -- Peter Rivendell.
"As a fellow North Carolinian I agree with as far as you went but seems a bit skimpy. Surely there must be more you like to NC than this. " -- Just A Guy.
"cool and simple" -- lori-ann.
"I drive through those beautiful mountains in North Carolina on my way to visit my dad in South Carolina. Breathtaking indeed!" -- JM.
"a little skimpy, yes..." -- michelle.


So Lonely by Jeni Jopes (2)
"*****I didn't really like the first line in this poem, it' didn't seem to start it off too smooth.But, other than that, i liked everything." -- d donely.
"I think that most people of our age feel like that and i think that it is a good poem to read especially parents should read it so they understand more about us young people." -- kitty, london, london.


Silenced Heart by M Q Walters (10)
"but silently remain a teardrop in the rain flows better for me.. Love the singsong though... soothing to the eye and heart " -- D. G. Williford.
"Sorry, that was confusing... 6th line... Longing to be heard, but silently remain 8th line... A teardrop in the rain Okay... Go for it!" -- D. G. Williford.
"Thank you D.G. for a nice review, I did like your suggestion, I will think about it :)" -- mattie.
"Really nice...I like it as is!" -- Michelle.
"This is very nice. I wouldn't change it. " -- Molly B.
"Thank you Michelle and Molly, what names do you post under so that I can read your submissions also? :)" -- mattie.
"*****I really liked this, you shouldn't change a thing. The rhythmn flowed smooth, and it's soothing and relaxing." -- d donely.
"I'm merely a casual reader. : )" -- Molly B.
"Thank you d donely, I'm glad you stopped in Molly :) " -- mattie.
"Chattels...darn what a word...Mattie...but I know what it means...and who cares except for those like us? " -- mandi.


Running Down My Face by Sara Roggy (1)
"wow thats really good rhyming. wow" -- Jeni Jopes.


Rules To Live By by D Donely (6)
"*****This stupid website is making me sooo mad!!!I always use the same name to post my poems, but it's acting like i'm using different names. So...it's not listing all that i've written. If you want to read more of my poems, just type in "D Donely", and it'll all come up. thanks." -- D Donely (the author).
"I like this alot...nice job." -- michelle.
"this is awesome. these are good rules to live by. since they're fair and they arent strict. very good. " -- Jeni Jopes.
"*****Thanks you guys. You readers rock my world!!" -- d donely.
"I must say I beleive I have found my favorite poem of yours. Excellent messages in every stanza. I believe you understand things in this world better at 14 than some people will ever hope to in their lives. It is this understanding and ability to speak with a voice of truth that seperates great writers from good writers. You are on your way. " -- Eric Richards, Gainesville, Fl, USA.
"Ehmm..m. Sehr gut Seite! Ich sage innig..!:) bmw" -- BMW, ..., ..., ....


Procrastination 2003 by D G Williford (2)
"HAHAHA at the ending, a real make you jump out of your seat SHOCKER!! As the reader I was too stuck on procastination and BAM she threw the leg falling off at the very end! NICE!" -- Jessica.
"That made my day thanks...very cute and funny!" -- mattie.


Now And Then by B C Mercer (3)
"I think this could be alot better if you used some spacing. That's my only thought...... " -- D. G. Williford.
"*****I liked this, the rhythmn was really good. Um..spacing?..." -- d donely.
"this was good but needs some work with flow (matching line syllables)...." -- michelle.


Nocturnal Juices by D G Williford (3)
"I am scared" -- s-c-c-c-c.
"I'm scared too....hold me...lol...no really, I AM scared." -- Micky.
"Loved the line; ''Caress my molten skin until the morning mist dampens our loins.'' You remind me of myself when I started writing poetry. A nice, creepy little ride. Bravo!" -- david ''doc'' byron, vincennes, ind., usa.


Madness Amongst The Dust by D G Williford (1)
"I think this is just great,I mean itD" -- Diana Venditti.


Lucky 17th by Buxton (1)
"I meant to say 'the woman I love dearly'-No biggie." -- buxton.


Life's A Soap Opera by Sara Roggy (1)
"hey sara! great poem! i totally see where you're going with it! goodjob!" -- Jeni Jopes.


Kill Me by D Donely (4)
"hey this is the one that stood out to me! it is the best poem ive seen from you! great job! i love the way you used just the right words to rhyme. awesome. " -- jeni jopes.
"*****thanks :)" -- d donely.
"write about HAPPY THINGS. kids these days are all crazy. by the way im 66. i tell you when i was young i wasnt writing about death and killing myself. i was writing about butterflies and girlfriends. WRITE HAPPY THINGS! " -- Mark , Aurora, Illinois.
"*****LOL, Ya, i see your point. I write about sad, depressing things b/c I only have the want to write whenever I feel down. It's sort of like my fuel, i guess you could say. I can't write when I'm happy. Thanks for reading. And don't worry, I'm NOT suicidal, not even close." -- d donely.


I'll Be There For You by D Donely (2)
"this is really good! wow. this is moving and it ends well. this is really something guys should say and mean! i like it!" -- Jeni Jopes.
"*****Thanks Jeni, I like it too, even though I didn't write it. :)" -- d donely.


I Was Bored... by D Donely (1)
"weird but funny ..." -- michelle.


I Know You Love Me by Sara Roggy (1)
"*****This was good, and I know where you're coming from. I feel exactly the same way about someone I know." -- d donely.


I Hate You!! by D Donely (4)
"Most of us have gone through similar, might want to save this, chances are you'll need it again sometime. I think you did a good job getting your feelings across." -- Just A Guy.
"Ah, the hormones are a ragin'" -- Steven.
"Well, unfortunately you will probably have more of these. Tuck them away in a box and your power will increase with each letter until there are no more. Good luck." -- DG Williford.
"Breaking up should be permanent." -- R. Bennett Okerstrom.


How Do You Feel? by B C Mercer (1)
"*****I liked this, it was sweet. I hope that if this was inspired by a real person, you can gather up the courage to tell them the truth." -- d donely.


Friends Forever? by Sara Roggy (2)
"wow! that's a very touching poem." -- shawn.
"*****I liked this. I've been in this situation before...and it sucks." -- d donely.


Forget It by Sara Roggy (1)
"excellent vibe! i love this. i felt this way before!" -- lori-ann.


Floaters by D G Williford (1)
"Reminds me of screaming so loud that you shatter your brain and see little silver/sparkly flashes and dots all around you! Nice work D.G. ("Of Love and Of They Compassion" is a must read since you enjoyed 'Cellar Door'...)" -- Reagan Rothe.


Faust's Hotel by David B Doc Byron (5)
"Yikes! Not the kind of place I'd like to check in! I liked this." -- Molly B.
"Very funny, Doc!!! (;o))) Dante & Faust, huh??? Good work, though (:o)" -- Judith.
"Bravo Doc! A fine piece of work here." -- Monte.
"Only by confronting inner evil can people can achieve self-knowledge, which is the first step toward redemption. Doc, you have mesmerized me once again with your talent to take words that have been used over and over again and weave a new sweater all your own. " -- D; G. Williford, SC, USA.
"Hmm sounds a bit like Hell to me, very vivid imagery" -- mattie.


Emotional Rollercoaster by B C Mercer (1)
"thats a somewhat touching poem. i like that 6th verse. it's so full off meaning." -- lori-ann.


Dante's Hotel by David B Doc Byron (1)
"fgnbk uvjp dmxiyswkr wkyhdela bsltenk hlwgurda tjlhps" -- olyfaxzji njfkimqa, jkfupive, CA, USA.


Are You Smiling? by Jeni Jopes (2)
"*****I just thought I'd read some of your poems, since you read mine. I'm glad I finally found someone who's my same age. So, that's cool. I liked this poem, it completely describes some people that I know. I really hate people like that, so selfish and stuck on themselves. I also liked the way that you ended it, smooth and clean. " -- D Donely.
"hey thanx d donely! at least someone appreciates my work! " -- Jeni Jopes.


All Alone... Just Me by D Donely (1)
"I can really feel the emotion in this poem. Work on the structure of it. You are forcing rhyme and you lose rhythm, but I can see something very beautiful here." -- B C Mercer.


A Prayer For Lovers by L A Winterburn (15)
"This is a very lovely sentiment...nice job!" -- Dan.
"Awwwww this is beautiful, thank you " -- me.
"...short and simple but meaningful... " -- Mike.
"I really like the way you made something sensual into something so sweet. This is very special and whom ever it's for is quite lucky." -- Maya.
"This is so sweet. Your a true romantic. " -- Kaitlyn Everest.
"Hate to be the voice of dissent, but I don`t think the last line works. Like the other three though!" -- Peter Rivendell.
"Fair enough Peter...thanks!" -- Author.
"I hate to be the Simon of this review but it was caressing me, drawing me in up until the last line.. it let me down.. the other three were very original and wrenchingly poetic. " -- D G Williford.
"To every body who has reveiwed this, both good and bad thanks. I have just reworded the last line, does that make it any better?" -- The author.
"Nice poem...I didn't see the original but feel the last line still doesn't fit...how about ' my love is only yours to take'?. Also, shouldn't it be...my heart and soul ARE yours to keep...? Liked it though :)" -- ruaidh, scotland.
"I think it's beautiful like it is :)" -- Kare.
"Thanks for the review Ruaidh. When i got the email of your review I thought the line you wrote was better than mine, and on its own it is better than my last line, but in the context of the poem I think My line fits better. Oh and what would be the point of putting the ARE in that line you mentioned in caps? Thats crazy talk lol" -- The Author.
"lol, I didn't mean you to put are in caps in the poem, just capitalised it for emphasis that is should've been are, not is :)" -- ruaidh.
"Short and Sweet" -- d donely.
"A feeling I wish I had but don't. Good work, and great sentiment. " -- david doc byron, vincennes, usa, ind.


A Mother's Magic by B C Mercer (2)
"Nice! Simple, but says so much." -- ruaidh.
"i like this one...makes you think..." -- michelle.


There are 49 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.