www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Poetry - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Rachaela by A J Magy (6)
"I can feel the enotions in this poem.The man trying to discover who he is and where he belongs." -- Velva, Morris, IL, USA.
"Beautifull" -- iseldar kay.
"Can't explain everything in two lines. Combination of phantastic situation and real emotion make for an interesting read. " -- EADVD.
"#1 Title: Acceptable. #2 Spelling and Grammatical errors: �soul mate� isn�t recognized as a compound word therefore I�d suggest separating the two. I�m not sure why you placed an unnecessary �e� on the end of �wolf,� so I�ll just assume your English. #3 Opinion: Bright, in that it shines at you in a blinding manner, but the subject is understood. #4 Suggestions: None. " -- JA St.George.
"Wonderfully romantic if somewhat one-sided ;-) Only spelling error is "who's" where it should say "whose" Have I read this before?" -- Rachel, MI.
"Have you read it before? I should hope so Rach, seeing as you're in it. You WOULD think it one-sided. (c; S'cool, I'll still love you." -- AJ Magy.


There Is Stress by Maggie Birchwire (2)
"I know what you mean. " -- R. Bennett Okerstrom.
"u got the hammer on the nail - exactly what i was feeling? how'd u guess?" -- miriam, milwaukee, WI.


Free by Larenda Kay Reynolds (4)
"I really enjoyed your poem. The ironic ending was just clever. Thank you for sharing this with us." -- Fizzgig Mcarthur.
"Breaking up should be permanent." -- R. Bennett Okerstrom.
"Hi Larenda, I really liked your poem. It was quick and to the point the same way breaking up should be. I especially like the last line..the ending...sounds permanent just the way it should be. Anyway just wanted you to know I enjoyed your poem, Doc" -- Gary Reynolds, Mt. View, Ar, USA.
"Thank you all for your kind words. You're all very welcome. I wish I had the time to show all of my work. There are tons. I now am happily remarried: new name Lewis. I am sorry it took so long for me to thank you for your reviews. May God bless you all.... Larenda Lewis" -- Larenda Lewis(now), Lowell, Arkansas, USA.


Reversion by J A Melody (3)
"Well done, an excellent insight into the importance of memory, I can really relate to this poem, and its power to transverse human beings from any situation of trauma.Slight reverberations of Wordsworth I think. " -- Joseph Roswell, Ireland.
"Very well written poem, very vivid, verbally explicit images of nature used to their full effect, with regards to human contemplation" -- Imre kubec, Budapest, Hungary.
"Very well written poem, it's sucess, I feel lies in its brevity and effectiveness" -- John Mc Namara, Limerick, Ireland.


Tunsenesya by J A Melody (1)
"On reading this, your second poem, I felt compelled to review it, as there is a lovely rhyming pattern to it as there is with ,Reversion, once again deeply sentimental, yet soothing to read. Keep up the good work" -- Joseph Roswell, Ireland.


Pick Hit by Anastasius (1)
"You write really well fro someone who's only 15 great work!" -- Rhonda DePietto Ocasio, Central Islip, New York, USA.


I, Movements In Automatic Writing by Tyurina E Allen (3)
"Hi! I liked your poem, and what a very interesting way to write it! Very surreal and abstract - impressive! " -- Pet.
"I like the tile. "I, movements in autmatic writing" is fitting for an abstract poem. Did you write it as a stream of consciousness or was it written slowly and/or revised?" -- John Amos.
"Too drenched in wannabe Plath images. Any interesting lines are choked by Plath's echo. Maybe try reading different poets- other than confessional wannabes(olds, scheck) and Sexton/Plath. " -- fellowdroogs.


Portrait Of Nothing by William M Faitel (4)
"quite depressing really. I know a good artist creates art for themselves first and foremost but a good poem has to offer more than just self-indulgent whining. " -- matt.
"I feel that this poem represents all young people. Unlike the previous critique, I didn't think that the author was whining at all. I just felt that he was trying to make sense of his life, something that everyone struggles to do under the blanket of a "so-called normal exterior" that we show to everyone. Poetry is about digging deep inside of yourself to find something beautiful, even though the portrait that he paints is suppose to be of "Nothing," who's to say that it does not signify beauty. I loved the poem, it made me think a lot about how phony most people act, including myself sometimes." -- Erin.
"I found this poem quite touching actually. It is rather depressing but it's obvious the feeling that went into it. It's extremely personal and clearly displays the stage the author was going through at the time, but like the previous critique, I think it is more of a portrayal of all young people rather than the pure feelings of an individual." -- S J Fletcher.
"I have not read this for years...I forgot about my poem. I wish to write again. I have so much material, for I have lived a crazy life. From Anarchy to the Army. I want to express this feeling that I have had. I have been lost and found and lost again. It is the cycle of choas that I live. I hope that what I write is more educated...more vivid to the imagination. I want to express the chaos in the system. Do you think that freedom is free in the world today? We pay a price for everything. America is the virus nation. I plan to write about this, with a poetic form. There are many nations that wish our demise. They see us with greed and evil in our eyes. I am a soldier now, because I have conformed for the system. I still lack faith in our corporation (oops...I meant government). Goodbye...I want to hear from everyone." -- William Faitel, Detroit/Ansbach, MI/Bavaria, USA/Germany.


Obsession by Nan C. Terra (2)
"Haha..." -- Tyrant.
"I fail to see the humour in my piece... Would you care to explain to me what is so hilariously funny about it?" -- Nan C. Terra.


A Short Time Later... by Virginia A. Sheppard (1)
"I LOVE THE WAY YOU WRITE, IT'S VERY SIMULAR TO MINE! YOU HARBOR VERY DEEP EMOTIONS, I LIKE THAT!" -- DAN STELLA, CHICAGO, ILL., USA.


Eve And Adam by Philip Kuchar (1)
"Philip: E-mail me. As a Christian Humanist, I have some rather interesting ideas. A study needs to be done, etc." -- Dou Soderstrom, Ph.D., Wharton, Texas, USA.


The Lake by Philip Kuchar (2)
"You are very very good. " -- Meg.
"Your short poem called to mind the lady of the lake in the Arthurian legends and your writing truly evoked a mystical happening. I wonder if Keats and Shelley did a stint on a building site?" -- Martin Milner, Freehold, NJ, USA.


As I Walk by Kerry L. Schofield (1)
"I thought your words were very powerful. I absolutly loved this poem. " -- Steve, Michigan USA.


Clutter by Nelly B Capra (1)
"I loved this poem it was so uplifting." -- erin.


You by J. Michael Kearney (2)
"i really liked your poem, it was very sad and beautiful...but painfully honest." -- danny gonzales, Whittier, CA, USA.
"hi. I really enjoyed your poem, it was so real. And it was somewhat depressing... I give it 2 thumbs up!! :o)" -- Brianne Parisi, Wheeling, West Virginia, USA.


Dying Lessons by J. Michael Kearney (1)
"It's never too late friend. I'm reminded of a piece I wrote for my grandfather and placed on his grave. Maybe I should have posted it; maybe I will now. I respect your honestness; it's the sort of thing I strive for in myown writing. You have a good style. It shows through here, and in "You". Keep going." -- A J Magy, Sfld, MI, US.


Angel In My Eyes by Silents (2)
"It's a very deep poem, and so true! I'm a writer myself, and I also believe in Angels! Without them I would have never made it this far!...Keep writing it's good for your soul!...Best of luck!" -- Rhonda De Pietto Ocasio, Central Islip, New York, USA.
"I think that your work allows people to look at things from a differe tperspective. I also think it can bring about change. Keep writting." -- Bryan Tobias, Harvey, IL, U.S.A..


Find Or Loose? by Maria Little-Hawk (1)
"Your poems, altough some spelling mistakes, are quite impressive. i like the way you get images across in a way that makes every word count. i would like to read them written in your native language." -- Iseldar kay.


Steps by Maria Little-Hawk (1)
"You exhibit a great economy with words...you put sweet sentiments across without sounding sachrin. Very good work." -- J.M. Kearney, New York, New York, USA.


Tears by Rhonda De Pietto Ocasio (7)
"The words you wrote Rhonda really touched me. Your emotions came through loud and clear. Keep writing what you see and feel, no matter what anyone else says. Write for yourself. That is something I always try to do in my writing. Keep up the great work and I look forward to reading more from you." -- Steve Barney, Garden City, Mich.
"I think this poem is beautiful, the words are meaningful!" -- margaret spina, scarsdale, new york, usa.
"Written from the Heart, with feeling." -- Harriet Spina.
"This is a really good poem... Its really true too. YOu use your words well keeps up the good work." -- Anastasius, Seattle, WA.
"Thank you for your kind comments!" -- Rhonda.
"throughout our lives i am sure all of us have felt this way but rhonda captured it in a way i couldn't!!" -- cindy loretta, east moriches, new york.
"I understand the pain in Rhonda's work but I also feel the hope. Keep on believing! Very poignant words." -- maria novello, east meadow, ny, usa.


Faith Or Insanity? by Rhonda De Pietto Ocasio (5)
"I get a kick out of this poem, it's so true!" -- margaret spina, scarsdale, new york, usa.
"This person should have her words published, she is a diamond in the ruff....she touched my heart !! keep writing " -- Nick DePIetto, yonkers, New york, usa.
"This is great....extremely true, succintly expressed. Love it!" -- Kerry L. Schofield, Midlands, England.
"Thank you for your kind comments!" -- Rhonda.
"this poem captures the faith of a child with the understanding of an adult. I loved it for its truth! " -- maria novello, east meadow, ny, usa.


America! by Tim Scaserini (4)
"Tim strikes me as being someone who really cares about the quality of his chocolate. And the poem is true, America has horrible chocolate." -- erin.
"well, we happen to like our chocolate thank you very much..." -- sahara.
"then why do we buy chocolate from other countries...lol" -- Michelle.
"funny, but the ending should be "instead of eating it i stick it up my ass" i like cadbury's with almonds and fruit, also almond joy (my fav.)" -- sunny, DC, usa.


A Day At The Office by Robert Lopez (1)
"!!wow!! this is really nice but, its more like a poem. Buetiful" -- Frank Ecko, San Rafeal, ca, USA.


Death's Caress by Laura Ashlene Attwood (3)
"Very powerfully written. I hope you can once again find love as strong as what you have lost." -- R. Bennett Okerstrom.
"The love that you feel in your heart will never die... you've moved me beyond tears, to hope. Be well and know there are people out here that hug you and feel your passion and loss." -- Hunter.
"I hope n pray for you. Keep writing. Be happy in the joy that u have had the priviledge of being loved n loved so powerfully. Not everyone is that lucky. God bless u. " -- Avis, Mumbai, India.


As They Say by Fizzgig McArthur (2)
"Beautifully written. The depth of your sadness comes through loud and clear in just a few words." -- Maryla.
"I enjoyed this. Not too many people write with such good rhythm. In fact nothing I've read today has flowed like the pieces I've read written by you. You're very talented." -- Tami Lynn, Evanston, IL, USA.


Nighttime by Fizzgig McArthur (2)
"Please reveiw my work even if you didn't like it. It helps me as and author." -- Authors Comments.
"i think you're poetry is beautiful." -- Michelle, topeka, ks.


Funnel by Fizzgig McArthur (6)
"This is a good one. " -- Author's comments.
"This is my favorite of the 3, keep writeing, you are good." -- Alucard996, Wauwatosa , WI, usa.
"Very enjoyable poem and very true. Thanks for sharing it with us." -- Maryla .
"Cool rhyme scheme and flow, though some lines seemed stressed, so work on it. As for the message-I give it a Hurrah! I was going to bash it, as, well...you're an arrogant son of a b**ch (This is a Good One!-Author's Comments), but you had every right to tote your poem in such cockiness. Hehe...check out my own poem *coughshamelessplugcough* The Golden! It is a good one! ;-)" -- Tyrant.
"I love you Jesse." -- Lindsay.
"I like this piece a lot. The first 4 lines reminded me of the boat scene on willy wonka and the chocolate factory when wonka is talking all rhymey and stuff. uh huh...." -- Michelle W., Topeka, KS.


Feel The Touch by Lisa (2)
"I know people are reading this poetry. Wether its good or bad, I need some honest feedback. Even if its only a few words, please review. Thanks." -- Lisa, Baton Rouge, LA, USA.
"I liked it. Very honest. It seemed like the words came out so esay, like yu have been holding this in for a while, and couldnt wait to let them out. Keep up the good work." -- Steve Barney, Garden City , Michigan.


Kitchen Light by M. Parker (3)
"I like your imagery here - the contrast of thrashing and empty, with comfort and glow. "Splashes on dark grass, bleeds into soft black," is wonderful. Very eerie, I pictured a blustery October night. I'm not sure about the last line of your 1st stanza, not sure what celebration you are referring to, or what the screeching is. Just a spelling note - should be 'silhouettes'. Good work M, I enjoyed it." -- Julia Tripp, Ontario, Canada.
"I enjoyed this, but I wish there was more. Don't be afraid to ramble, to explain, to explore, because I kind of what to know what this whole scene means to writer, what you want it to mean to us. You have a great ear for excellent sound combinations, great lines. I just wish you'd throw more in here, make it a full on drama, give us a shift, a change, a motion worthy of your descriptive talents. Andriene Rich. (sp)" -- Hazzard.
"I like the imagery of how you describe the kitchen I can picture the lights over the kitchen counter." -- Jeanette.


One Chance by Steve Barney (3)
"I love his poetry. It is written simply and honestly. Our human truth shines through in his words.Thanks again Stev-o." -- Diana D. Machnak, plymouth,, Mi, usa.
"YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY HEART, GOOD JOB!" -- RHONDA DE PIETTO OCASIO, CENTRAL ISLIP , NY, USA.
"This piece shows some potential, but it's not nearly what it could be. You may find your style when you stop searching for rhymes. Just a thought. Keep writing, you'll get it." -- A J Magy, Sfld, MI, US.


There are 30 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.