www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Poetry - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

My First Ann Coulter Poem by Branson Storm (8)
"Wow, another staunch conservative gloating over another. The closed-minded ideals for which you and your party stand are pushing our country back to the Stone Age. In fairness, you have a gift with words; try using them to the advantage of ALL people." -- Geoff S., Austin, TX, USA.
"Uh, Geoff. Nowhere in this article does Branson discuss politics, although Ann Coulter is a politician. This is actually an expression of devotion, and I can understand why, Ann Coulter is foxy. Sure hope Storymania doesn't ban me like usual for that statement. Over and out, the Advisor." -- JA St.George.
"I'm sorry please forgive my ignorance but I've never heard of Ann Coulter. If the Advisor hadn't said I'd have had no idea that she was a politician and therefore would be in a quandry wondering what the hell Geoff was on about. I'm not a big lover of poetry and in parts this read a little bit like a prayer to me, and sadly I'm not very big on doing much praying either, but that apart the wording was clever and thoughtfully put together and the poem has a flow and maturity that I'm sure would set it apart from many amatuer poets. If you have time please would you have a look at somehting of mine. Thank-you." -- sooz, Dalton, Cumbria, England.
"Ann Coulter is a ruthless conservative. How would any writer want to waste his time writing on behalf of her? This is a great way to lose readers, Branson. Some people may take offense to your gloating over such a personality as Ann Coulter. Why didn't you just say that you would like to have her in your bed?" -- Joel E., New York, NY, US.
"You can always tell when it's a liberal stating an opinion. Please notice how in the previous statement, how Joel wished Branson to just write about Ann Coulter in bed, instead of any appropriate way he wishes to express about her. Now that's liberal. Alright, a challenge for all you liberals, tell me where Ann Coulter has written a column or appeared on a news program, and has been grossly mistaken. Good luck." -- JA St.George.
"Excellent piece Mr. Storm, though Mr. St.George (who is a friend of mine, so he won't mind me saying this) is slightly mistaken. Ann Coulter, though a reputable conservative isn't a politician, rather a columnist. BTW Mr. Storm I was wondering if I could induce you into joining the www.Writersbbs.com. There your own columnist talents would not go to waste. Many strong writers from this very site have opted to join the Writersbbs for all that it offers to writers. At the very least you may wish to give it a brief peek. " -- Quotesmith.
"Hello Storm. I was reading back over some of your work, as per request, and I noticed the mistake Quotesmith pointed out. He's right, both about joing the BBS, and about Ann Coulter being a columnist (my mistake); I meant to write "columnist," was thinking "lobbyist" and wrote "politician."" -- JA St. George.
"Not only do I agree with your feelings about Ann Coulter, I found this piece flowing and gratifying. Question: Is the word 'Hope' capitalized for a reason?" -- Lynn C., Paris, TX.


Send Me by Branson Storm (3)
"Hipocrit." -- anonymous.
"This is a beautiful poem. 'Anonymous' should have signed 'Coward' instead. I can feel a strong sense of faith in this piece. It takes great humility to submit to God and ask for His direction. Nicely done, Mr. Storm. " -- John C., Houston, TX, USA.
"STORM: I was deeply moved and touched by your expression of faith with this poem. Do not be discouraged by negative people. Throughout history Atheist and Agnostics have always slandered and negatively critiqued writers who openly profess thier belief in God. For some reason it angers them and you will be the subject of thier hostility. I have read many of the pieces you have posted on this site and consider you one on the best writers presently contributing to Storymania. Keep writing from the heart and however the Spirit moves you! " -- Robert (Monte) Montesino, Florida, USA.


Vampyres by Jessie Finn (1)
"Eternal Desire. I too enjoy the darkness. Check out some of my work. You'll enjoy it." -- R. Bennett Okerstrom.


My White Rose by John D Galyon Jr (2)
"Very Intresting poem." -- Atiya Qamar, Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan.
"atiya: i'm happy that you were interested." -- john.


My Dearest John by John D Galyon Jr (4)
"its very good poetry about love i realy like it hafeez" -- hafeez, karachi, sindh, pakistan.
"hafeez: thank you for the compliment." -- john.
"hi itz a very good poetry JOHN keep it up.i m 14 f khi i liked ur poem so much itz really an idealistic poem;)Ba Bye take care John....see ya...Allah Hafiz.:)" -- Sana Yousuf, karachi, Sindh/Pakistan.
"sana: your kind words humble my soul. 'god bless' to you also." -- john .


Jam by Louise Elizabeth Ostrowska (5)
"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!" -- Jeffrey Lee Williams Junior.
"Interesting. Do you still love your ex?" -- R. Bennett Okerstrom.
"Wow, i think this poem has potential. It's the first one i've read on storymania that i did't roll my eyes at. In my humble opinion i would like to see the poem read like this: both of our souls died on that day in November And were instantly reincarnated into something already living You were a tubby mop-haired beaming seven-year old I was a tiny fluffy black fly You were pulling my wings off with your grubby little fingers I was sucking on strawberry jam that held my legs in place You pulled my legs off I sucked on jam You squashed my thorax I discontinued sucking but still loved the jam in this way the images would speak for themselves and give the poem a sense of resonance at the end. I think people will understand the metaphore without the explanation at the end. -A note to Jeffery lee williams junior if he happens to look for a reply to his coment... What the fuck is not a review. Might I sugest a more constructive hobby, such as stairing at a wall or tasting poison. " -- John Amos.
"Nice review John. I agree." -- R. Bennett Okerstrom.
"I hope you never think twice about the first comment... Your poem is an interesting way of looking at love. It's common day imagery makes it real and tangable. I wonder why you decided to reincarnate your self as a fly? Was that arbitrary? There is also a sexual innuendo in the poem about which I am currious; again I wonder if it is arbitrary... All in all this is a great poem. Keep it up. In the future you might want to try a more less candid metaphor and as the previous person said, let the imagery speak for it self. well done." -- Peter Izdebski, Toronto, Ontario Canada.


Break The Dam by John D Galyon Jr (2)
"Savannah would love to know you! Nice work John! Angie Dec 2002" -- Angie, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
"Dear Angie and Savannah, Please call me (603)674-8253. Yours truly, John" -- John , Manchester, NH, USA.


Between Our Breaths by Mike Axe (7)
"This poem is so good, Ive read it many times before and Often go back to read it again. Very well worded." -- Allison Acker, Kansas City, Mo, USA.
"Excellent poem to cheer you up; makes you think of the one person you can't live without and be thankful for them. This is good poetry." -- Nick, Lanc., PA, U.S.A..
"this poem is a beautiful expression of words that clearly tells a story...it touches your heart each time you read it. it is truly a gift of words... " -- Jennifer Swartz, Columbia, United States, PA.
"Mike-- that was great! it was really well thought out and completely touching. It really grabs your attention right away. woohoo for u!" -- amy greenya, columbia, U.S.A, P.A.
"Finally a poet on the board that can actually rhyme. Good momentum too. Make one single correction to line 11 and add an apostrophe to "wasnt."" -- JA St.George.
"Awesomely done, Mike. I still insist that you write ten times better than I do. :)" -- Jess, PA, USA.
"This is WONDERFUL and would make a great song..." -- michelle.


Yes Shes Mine by Kerry Connell (3)
"Crap." -- Bob.
"Bob obviously doesn't know anything about poetry, because this is one of the most beautiful things I've read. I'm sure your daughter will be/is very thankful and proud of you. It is truly innocent, and that's one thing this world lacks. Beautiful." -- Angel Knight.
"This is awful! " -- Rick, LA, CA, USA.


When Midnight Screams by Robert Edward Levin (4)
"Beautiful and poignant! View my work at http://stories.com/authors/suzqmg" -- Susan Graham.
"WOW! That was a truley original poem, and I loved your use of the empty roads as I frequently do in my poems also. But, I truely believe this poem would have been perfect w/o the last line-still, a creative masterpiece." -- Deyona Sanchez, Roseville, Va, usa.
"Beautiful well written piece of work! I loved it. " -- Mike Axe, PA, USA.
"i too think this work is a masterpiece. stunning portrayal of loneliness and desire." -- miles.


Welcome To A New Tomorrow by Alberto Pupo (1)
"hi, Albert,you probably know who it is, kazi, well about your poem it was GRRRRRRRREAT!!!!!!!!" -- kazandra, miami, fl, usa.


Thinking Of You by Able Mine (5)
"pretty good1you sounds grieving!" -- lizzy brian, alabama.
"I'm not a great lover of poetry, I find it to vague I like characters and plot and stuff that I don't have to think about. I especially don't like angsty soppy poetry but there was something about this that's very touching. It speaks with the authority of an author who seems to have suffered, and it has a blunt honesty about it. I like the bit about burning the books. Sad poem. Oh and if you have the time please think about changing your author description it's so sad. I'm unattractive, but I can find plenty about myself that I like and that I hope other people can like. Everyone has lots of good stuff going on, if they want to find it." -- Sooz, Dalton, Cumbria, England.
"i love your poetry.a bittersweet one." -- karen, cali.
"Quit writing poetry like this so that people will feel pity for you! You sound like you're not really depressed, but you're trying to sound like it so people feel sorry for you. Don't just throw words together and believe that it's a poem. You must make art. That's poetry. And this sucks. " -- Buck-killer.
"it's interesting...i think it's really kind of bitter sweet and quite touching...makes you think about the mistakes you make and the potential you have to change your actions... just one note...you might want to change the last line to "dead" instead of "die"...other then that...great stuff" -- ashley, delaware.


The Fruitless Search by Alberto Pupo (2)
"I'm there lovely and being able to empathise with this one makes it more real. I'm not normally a lover of angsty poetry but this works for me. You put it very well. If you have time please would you have a look at something of mine, thank-you. " -- Sooz, Dalton, Cumbria, England.
"well...it's always a comfort to know someone else out there is in the same absent and forlorn state as myself...you have something to write about-but-it could be more interestingly conveyed...write something fresh and artistic...you are your own genius...it�s there to be written about...try to remove literary, grammatical and syntactical inhibition...tell the unspeakable visions of the individual...struggle to sketch the flow that already exists intact in mind, don�t think of words when you stop but to see picture better...there is no time for poetry but exactly what is...and more than anything else on this page accept loss forever...be in love with your life...this is no hippy shit...i�ve been there it hurts but feeling sorry for yourself is too easy...you feel pain-use it to write. Your experimental stuff is the way. Smoke tea and be peaceful my friend." -- Duluoz.


Scary Movie by Mafer Dominguez (1)
"ok " -- Jeanette .


Returning To That Place by Alberto Pupo (1)
"Again I can identify with this, especially the last two lines, but I didn't like this as much as the last one. This one was a little bit more clumsy and cat-mat. You need to lose a word from the seocnd stanza, I think it was 'in' but I may be wrong. Deep thoughts well put over but not as tight as the fruitless search. " -- Sooz, Dalton, Cumbria, England.


My Love For You by Michael W Miller (1)
"Mikey, that was sooo sweet. I know that i have heard this poem many times, but everytime it always makes me cry. Love you baby and hope that we're together forever!" -- Jessica Finn, Mechanicsville, Maryland, USA.


Hope by Rose Trimovski (1)
"Nice poem rose, it was sad and touching, the little girl wishing she had someone to love and care about her, it's a sad poem" -- Nelson.


From Darkness To Light by Stan A Fowler (2)
"Beautifully written poem, Stan. You were able to tell a great story with rhythm and rhyme, which to me, takes talent and unrelenting patience. I hope to see more readers of this poem, as it plainly expresses the true joy of giving your life to God, and as a result, realizing the really important things in life and knowing that, with God at your side, you�ll never be alone again. " -- STORM, TEXAS, USA.
"I envy you your faith Stan, I've dabled with religion several times but always wandered away from it again when I was too impatient to wait for the answers. See I'm one of those who obviously believe that if I'm true to my faith then that faith should damned well serve me in return. It probably doesn't work like that. I'm not a big lover of poetry, but I'm getting better at it. This came straight from the heart and you can't help but be impressed by the strong words and the strong belief behind them. " -- Sooz, Dalton, England, Cumbria.


Death To Fascism by Sunny (2)
"this shit sucks...the title is good." -- sunny, DC, usa.
"great stuff. l enjoyed this piece of work." -- frank, Africa, Africa.


Brave Solder Be You by Mafer Dominguez (1)
"please try to make sense....bad poetry is very easy to write." -- sunny, washington, DC, usa.


Anna Sleeps by Duluoz (2)
"Lack of punctuation made this very difficult to read, I tried it several ways and am still not sure which bit goes where (I am now, silly me, they aren't hyphenated words, they are line breaks) . I would like to hear this one read aloud by the author. This is one of those poems that only the writer knows the correct interpretation, the reader must make up her own. I liked it and think you are very lucky to have found such a deep love at nineteen, I'm thirty-eight and haven't found one yet. " -- Sooz, Dalton, Cumbria, England.
"If you have time would you have a look at something of mine please ... thank you." -- Sooz, Dalton, Cumbria, England.


When by L Chapman (1)
"I enjoy your style very much and like the sentimental nature of your work." -- Benson Harer, Mount Vernon, Washington, USA.


Quadruplessly by Andrew French (17)
"aaaaaaaaargh my shatterd mind....................." -- jackie.
"Good! this chap writes what we dare not dream of.......and thats great!!" -- Marion.
"this is great more pls" -- Val.
"there is more to this than meets the eye...it needs to be savored slowly to be truely appreciated" -- patricia, chicago, usa, il.
"many layers of meaning.....many textures...." -- chris.
"rarely more succinct words have been scribed...." -- amanda.
"a Charybdis of emotion............" -- michelle.
"Pretentatious a ndabad." -- Bennett.
"Wow, being crazy makes people respect you." -- Andy.
"a scintillate creation" -- pat.
"this is not crazniness......it is genusis........" -- ann.
"a sapid creation" -- georgia.
"Who can draw the thin line that divides crazy and not crazy.....not the best drawer........I love you" -- Patt, Mexico.
"your writing reflects depth and a sense of fearlessness to say what others can only think....." -- andrew.
"i love all of your work...it is a spin on our sociological doctrines......a challenge for us to look at our beliefs..." -- patty.
"Nah Man, he is right...he is crazy. He raises orchids and tortures hamsters. This stuff is completely meaningless. Trust me." -- mike, Princeton, WV, USa.
"This is total bollox, are we sure he isn't just taking the piss? And I have read e.g. Finnegan's Wake (tho' not taking Joyce's recommended 17 years to do so admittedly) so I'm not uncomfortable with 'strange' use of language." -- Gregg O'Reilly.


Mom by Thomasina B Shearer (1)
"nice kiddie poem ;)" -- sunny.


Malign by Martin Faithless (2)
"Well writen. Excellent figurative language." -- Alison, US.
"Well Done" -- Gail, Canada.


I Want My Smile Back by Thomasina B Shearer (1)
"verry nice, well put. if you send you should recieve as well.I read all your poems enjoyed them all. keep writing i'll read them to. dave" -- dave, Cleveland, Oh, USA.


Fire And Ice by L Chapman (1)
"This is not 67 words long" -- Jade.


Eden's Temptation by Cylis Lapedimore (2)
"Slide that serpent in baby!" -- Slut.
"this is good so far, but not 46 words long." -- jade.


Confusion Sets In by A Delusion Of Adequacy (4)
"There is a simplicity and understatement in this piece that seems familiar. Comforting somehow. Watch your syntax." -- AJ Magy.
"IMAGES! Give us beautiful horrible, Dirty rust-lined, greasy with adjectives clumpy IMAGES! You obviously CAN - make us SEE what you want us to" -- _________.
"you love to watch me.......your turn at the feeling soon...privacy is just a drifting memory" -- sean, anaheim, ca, usa.
"Well, I can say that it is simple. And, I can say that the reader is confused, because this can be meant to be humourous, statements and other things. It all depends on the readers' point of view and through that you will get different comments. Positive or negative comments. You must be able to let all your readers feel the same about the poem and not mumbo jumbo. Of course, this is my point of view, you needn't heed it, but think about it. My comment is neither a negative or a positive one. Just think about what the others and myself wrote." -- Cherie, Singapore.


Butterflies And Dreams Of Butterflies by Christianne Charles (1)
"Very pretty. Though I admit I could never truelly understand poetry, I do say that I appreciate it. I enjoyed this piece mostly because of it's difficulty in simplicity. Great work." -- Kai Zi Led.


A Thought Called Yesterday by Christianne Charles (1)
"Hm, delightfully strategic. I also loved the way your words came together. "...clear as a bell...setting her off in a romantic frame of mind..." ah, sweet rhythm." -- Kai Zi Led- "Dor Omhan".


There are 31 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.