www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Poetry - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

The Dark Pool by Michael W Miller (16)
"Good enough to be considered for a spot on my collaboration "Train of Thought" project, that is as long as you can write dark and profound narrative poetry about trains." -- EC Allen.
"Oh, there he ^ goes again, touting his story project to every half-decent author he comes across. By the way Mike, loved the sense of dark drowning." -- The Cheerleader, Tyna Aberdeen.
"Come on Tyna, cut me some slack! :-) If I don't advertise, how else is anyone going to know that it even exists. And I just want everyone to know that they're welcome to try a hand at my project, after all they've got nothing to lose, and if the story gets published, they've gained something (financially and ego speaking) without too much effort. I'm just taking up the challenge that the Advisor gave us, about creating a plot, and seeing what the different writers here can do with using the same plot. I've even went one step further by giving them a "story starter". In fact from what I've seen of your work Tyna, I think you'd be a perfect one to participate, unless such a challenge scares you. :-)" -- EC Allen.
"The Advisor, who's that? I can't find him/her? anywhere on this board." -- The Cheerleader, Tyna Aberdeen.
"Arghh! No wonder why you can't find it. The Advisor isn't a who, but a what. Look to the left-hand side of the Storymania screen, and you'll see it listed in the column as on of the categories. Back in October of last year the Advisor said they might run a contest, but have yet to do so. Thus I took it as a personal challenge to launch a similar contest for them, which I'm still working on. Like I said Tyna, you or anyone else who wants to is more than welcome to try out, once I do have it posted here. I believe the interest in such a contest is there, and hopefully when I post it, I'll be proven correctly." -- EC Allen.
"I consider you a trusted friend and ally Allen, but if you continue to ruffle thy lady's feathers, I shall have to crush your skull." -- Gorell the Slayer, East Fallow, Mortaban, Polayasa.
"Whoa there big fella, I didn't mean anything by it, and I have no quarrel with you." -- EC Allen.
"You've been rumbled EC, I know that Dick Koss, Mark Herner, Bennett Simms, and you are really the same person." -- Son of Tyrant.
"What? Who is this idiot anyway? Yes it's true, that my real name is Jerry George, which I'd appreciate if no one used, but I am "not" Mr. Herner, Bennett Sims a.k.a. Tyrant, and Mr. Koss. If I were I'd be one of the most prolific authors of all time, and although the work of these three guys is very good in three very different ways, it would be wrong of me to take credit for it. Next thing you know this Son of Tyrant will be accrediting me for everything from authors Adagio to Zachary." -- EC Allen.
"Why don't you rejects get a life, and stop wasting space that could actually be used for reviews." -- Guardian Against Useless Chatter.
"Hey thar Michael, well boy ya say ya want reviews from "oeople". Well, not two manya them oeoples runnin aroun hare, but yer in luck, cuz I am a oeople. Well man, I luved this soos much that I wrote a song abouts it. Hare it goes: "Oh drownin in my tears! Stop the truck, in the road I sees a deer! I donta like my bruther-in-law cuz I thinks he's queer! Cuz he likes to do guyz up the rear!"" -- No Name Rogers.
"look i said i wanted people to review my work not argue with each other on my review page,thats what chat rooms are for!!!!!! that song is xtremley obscene" -- michael miller, mechanicsville, maryland, usa.
"look i said i wanted people to review my work not argue with each other on my review page,thats what chat rooms are for!!!!!! that song is xtremley obscene" -- michael miller, mechanicsville, maryland, usa.
"Michael, on behalf of all the other idiots on this board, I'd like to personally apologize to you. I'm afraid I let myself get dragged into the muck, but I was being attacked from all sides. I promise though it won't happen again in your review section or anyone else's for that matter, no matter what nasty things they say about me. I read what you and the Guardian Against Useless Chatter wrote, and I humbly agree. So the last thing I'll say, is the first thing I said, and that it was tastefully done." -- EC Allen.
"Seems that all the controversy on your reviews section got you noticed by me. It intrigued me to look at your poem. And it was GREAT. Good work. Keep it up. As for the people who were quarrelling in these reviews...we are here to critisize eachother's WORK... not eachother." -- Christy Mack.
"I was also lured in by the controversy on your reviews section. I read your poem and thought it was GREAT. Keep up the good work! " -- Shane Cupp, Shinnston, WV.


Please Don't Keep Me Here by Christy Mack (3)
"its awsome! u should write more poetry!" -- christina.
"A really deep and personal poem. Your a great writer." -- Suzi Harper, UK.
"I don't have your talent for writing, but those words could have been mine! I have survived that living hell!" -- JM.


Panoramic by Katherine Marin (2)
"The saga of the Question Mark?" -- EC Allen.
"If I might be so bold, I'd just like to say, that unless there's some guy named Hes in section 3, you really ought to think about strategically placing an apostrophe." -- EC Allen.


Morose Paramour by Rosalyn Ann R. Chenery (4)
"Riddled with contradictions and over-vocabularised mystique - just like the common woman! Superb!" -- RichardTatham, Portsmouth, Hampshire, England.
"Beautiful....same as always. Odd structure, but thats what adds to its unique appeal" -- Mark Chenery, Bournemouth, ENGLAND.
"Its very dark and forbidding, the person in question is undoutably a person with no self esteem" -- Willow, England, uk.
"Just wonderful to read." -- T J Rintoull, Gold Coast, Australia.


Mended Heart by R Bennett Okerstrom (7)
"This is really good as is all your work. Keep it coming." -- JM.
"Quite nice. I'm impressed." -- Mistina.
"A compliment from one of the greatest writers I know. Thanks Misti!" -- R. Bennett.
"Hmmm not so dark dreary and hopeless all the time...I liked this alot, very uplifting:)" -- mattie.
"Thanks. It's unhealthy to be dark ALL of the time." -- R. Bennett.
"this peice really spoke to me - i love it..." -- kat, Aust..
"I wrote this one a long, long time ago." -- R. Bennett.


Estella by Meg (8)
"If this poem were a beast and beasts were sexy, indeed this poem would be the sexiest and beastliest beast, as this poem was one damned sexy beast. Good job." -- Bennett.
"A horse is a horse of course of course anda no one kin talks to a horse of course, unles the horse isa course the famus Mr. Ed ... sorry, kun't resist!" -- No Name Rogers.
"The hell was that? Well, I'll make this review useful by once again stating that I liked the poem." -- Bennett.
"i have no idea...but thanks." -- Meg.
"have you ever read "great expectations" by Charles Dickens? Is that where you got Estella from?" -- sarah.
"yeah, as a matter of fact. the title and inspiration came from the book/movie." -- meg.
"Damn that Miss Havisham. Poor Estella and Pip. Seriously though, I enjoyed the imagery and lilt of your poem." -- Jon Sims.
"i like poetry that is inlightened and shows things as they really are. your poem seems that way to me." -- iseldar kay.


A Modern Day Romeo And Juliet by Jennifer Marie Hendy (2)
"Nothing special you dare to say? By the words that you weave you "are" special. I even like how you ended it similarly to the original Shakespearean text. Please correct me if I am recalling this slightly wrong: "Never was there a tale of greater woe, than Juliet and her dear Romeo."" -- EC Allen.
"This was a nice read. I like the writers style in that its not over done. The writers words are subtle yet very affective. Well done!!" -- Amir, Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom.


Improvisation In The Light Of Image. Poem For Kate. (Unreason) by Martin De Leon (2)
"I guess you'd be the one to ask for tips on Latin?" -- Tyna Aberdeen.
"I�ve indulged in a few of your poems and drawn a respect for your work-you wield language beautifully." -- Duluoz.


Grandma's Love by Beverly Beauchamp (2)
"Beautifully done Beverly, I was very close to my grammy too." -- The Cheerleader, Tyna Aberdeen.
"You've got the sincerity there, Beverly. It's warm. Thanks. Randy." -- Randy.


Embrace The Wind by Toni Jaquay Lynch (1)
"A very nice extended version of the phrase: Two ships passing in the night. I see that this poem was copyrighted in Dec. 1999, which I found to be odd, but then I realized some people just show things on this board just to show them. My use for it is to gain experience and hopefully some "useful" critiques. So if you ever want to check out the story "Strand of Hare" when it makes its grand appearance to replace "The Cotton Tale", I'd welcome any input you have upon it, especially since it will feature some poetry in with the prose." -- EC Allen.


I Am You by Michael Hunter (3)
""I'm a machine. Like all of you. Blood-lust and rage are my character. Why does the lion not wisely settle down and be a horse?"-Grendel Very nice." -- Tyrant.
"i like i a lot. your choice of words was great. keep writing!-sarah" -- sarah.
"Enjoyed this piece ... quite dark and I like that, I will read more ... check out some of my poems ..." -- Judith Goff.


Yours Truly by Michael W Miller (1)
"Another great one Mikey! Two thumbs up and your definatly gonna get extra credit for this poem!" -- Jessica, Mechanicsville, Maryland, USA.


Tomorrow's Here by Richard Koss (6)
"This was really good! I could relate to it. But, you might want to work on flow and keeping a beat. :):) Great job!!" -- Christy Mack.
"Thank you Christy, but you might want to see my updated version. I submitted the wrong word file. I hope you like this better. It corrects some of the rhythm and flow problems you noted." -- DK.
"Really well written...makes you think about what happens when you live in the moment, instead of looking to the future..very, very good." -- Ashley Burdett.
"Thank you Ashley. Unfortunately, I must confess that the piece is somewhat auto-biographical, except for the last stanza. (not yet anyway)" -- Richard.
"This was good. You were wrong, I indeed found it interesting! It is kind of moving too. (maybe you don't care about my opinion though, but anyway, I will still submit it)." -- Charlotte Weasley.
"Thank you Charlotte for your review. I do care about your opinion very much. There are topics of interest that can bridge the gap of generations and ideologies if we are open-minded. Perhaps I need to learn that lesson myself. " -- Richard.


The Weed by Desmond Naaten O'keeffe (1)
"Nice, but whether intentionally or not, you basically copied Sylvia Plath's "Mushrooms"." -- Maggie.


There are 14 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.