www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Plays - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry - Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Eve's Birthday Surprise by Amarjit Bhambra (3)
"It is cute, but you know it doesnt really have an ending. It was cute though but like I said I think that it needs more of an ending." -- Karli, Miramar, FL, USA.
"Hi Karli, Thank you for the time to read, I wrote it just as it happened,I shall try and finish it with a much better ending - Thanks for your good advice." -- Amy, Hayes, UK.
"I don't like it. You need to make this more interesting because its just so boring." -- Cara Spencer, MO.


A Mother In Law From India by Amarjit Bhambra (3)
"very good to short to but on stage. Could be longer" -- J.
"shit" -- shit.
"Dear J, thank for your comments - i must admit that l was a bit lazy on this one. To Next comment, The words "shit: shit", l do believe that children know use this to express that a thing like, "That's cool, or Wicked man". - so l take it you like it - that why l have not deleted it." -- Amy, Hayes, UK.


Third Interview With President Branch by Randall Barfield (1)
"I thought it was a good play only it needs some action." -- J H.


Illegalllll Immigrants Pu-Lease by Yessayana Hartfield (2)
"I think you have a very heavy subject. will I don't enought about subject to say something highlee intellegent." -- J H.
"Oh come on, You yourselve should have respect, if you so call yourselve respectable than you should not call black people Niggers- alright Illegal immigrants yes, But if you are not respectable than how can you respect other people." -- Billy, southside queens, new york.


The Laundry Opera: Jean And Mags Meet by Nathan Aaron Weaver (3)
"I'd like to see some connection between Mags and Milo. How does she know so much about him? Maybe she's his Ex or his aunt or mother??? And why the need to "save" Jean from Milo? Maybe she has known the fate of all of his Ex's. Or maybe they all come into the laundry mat and talk about when they were in love w/Milo...at the beginning. Also it starts out w/Jean being "new" to the laundrymat, but later why does Jean say "every time she comes in here"...sounds like she's not new. Also, what is it about Jean and for that matter, all the women that have dated Milo...the loser...what is it about that kind of person that draws "jerks" into their life? Nobody comes away learning anything from their experience in the play so far. I think you need more characters so the audience can think its a common meeting place" for the "neighborhood love gossip". Also we need to know what it is about Milo that seems to attact the women to him. Maybe he's a body builder, contruction worker, maybe he's the only neighborhood bachelor??? I have never written a play so please don't take any of this too serious...I'm sure your the expert. " -- Marie, sacramento, usa, ca.
"Well, Nathan, you already know my feelings on this...I just wanted to point out to Marie from Sacramento that this is an EXCERPT, not the entire play. It is understandable, therefore, that the reader may be confused if trying to read the lines as the whole play. There are many other scenes to this that are not posted, so to all others who read this, take into consideration that it is only one scene. I performed a cutting of this scene as an oral interperetation, and it was received very, very well by my audience." -- Crystal, MO, USA.
"I thought this was good but if I was going to see I would want see some action." -- J Harris.


Putting The Children First by Amanda L Bellamy (2)
"WELL DONE" -- Latoya Black.
"Excellent play did you see Annie" -- J Harris.


Day In And Day Out by Alia Harold (2)
"If you meant for it to be funny it sure was. I would love to see the play if it ever comes out. Prehaps because I am one of the children. But if I weren't I still would. Very honored. -VR-Bey- " -- Valerie, Woodbridge, VA, USA.
"No offense but I found your play kinda boring..." -- Jordan.


Silid (10 Min Play) by Kris Diaz Uy (5)
"how can i give a review if i hadnt read it yet???" -- JOHN PAUL, manila, ncr, philippines.
"ok" -- Kologe.
"maganda yung plot. a little work on the lines pero all in all ok " -- John, Makati, Philippines.
"nastage naba to? ok sya." -- Helen , QC.
"ang ganda! bravo!" -- Erika, Bi�an, Laguna, Philippines.


President Branch 1954 by Randall Barfield (1)
"Wow this could be the beginning of good play." -- Jeanette .


Cold Blood by James C Bernthal (1)
"Curses! All the old reviews are gone! They were good reviews... honest!" -- james c ebrnthal.


A Royal Ring Up by Randall Barfield (2)
"The dialogue flows well - very well - but isn't this sort of thing wearing rather thin? I've not read any of your other work, and will start now, but I for one am quite sick of reading "conversations" that follow this formula. As I said before, though, it flows excellently. If you try your hand at something less untrue..." -- james c bernthal, united kingdom.
"Obviously you are not the type to win awards for encouraging one; nevertheless, I can appreciate your honesty. " -- RBarfield.


2nd Interview With The President by Randall Barfield (3)
"This is terrible. totally untrue. I bet you love Micheal Moore don't you? " -- Bryan King.
"Of course, it's not true. It's fiction. As for M. Moore, I sure he's not perfect, but I think he loves his country. Let us remember that in Germany in the 1930s and later they could have used 30 to 40 Michael Moores. Perhaps they tried to speak up but got zapped! I say long live the M. Moores and Ted Ralls in the world as well as our cherished First Amendment of the Constitution. " -- RB, Colombia.
"I have to say you speak your mind great job." -- Jeanette H, Spring Hill , Florida, Hernado.


Business Dinner by Browserman (2)
"Will you gave me a laught. what imagation you have making a guy take everything off in resturand." -- Jeanette H.
"i want to play this in school." -- shafa, male', male', maldives.


The Perfect Light by Taliesin Parikka (2)
"yeap!" -- koko, gh, gh, gh.
"wow!" -- Latoya Black.


A Man Of Misery by Hazli Ghazali (4)
"phoosi phoosi paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!!!!!!" -- Arsalan.
"Sorry but I did not like this at all, this was not spiritual this was a bit evil and confusing..." -- Jordan.
"Horrific... but it happens drunks do turn and and kill someone and after they have done it they cannot remember. Some drunks are worse than drug addits. I have come across two drucken brother who hit one on the head and he died. This kind of thing truely happens in life. You made the above in to an horror -- spooky......" -- Amy, Hayes, UK.
"this is me....the one who wrote this thing..hahaha..hey jordan. when did i say that this thing is something to be related with spiritualism?did i?hmmm....i wrote this from my own experience...i performed this first theatre performances with my friends......all things written by me......was based on my experiences...on my daily life observations..... confusing....???that's why i wrote this...i am asking all the readers to think deeper...into this story..maybe beyond the story itself........it may give you a very different perspective.......hahaha...anyway..if any of you here...that give a review for any of my works....i really appreciate that.........i will take that and keep it in mind...if any of you want to know more......interested to know more bout me....or anything related to me or my works..i can be reached by: hazli ghazali 596 simpang tiga pengkalan chepa 16100 kota bharu kelantan darul naim MALAYSIA" -- hazli ghazali, kota bharu, kelantan, malaysia.


Aulora's Child by E Daugherty (1)
"Will shortest play I ever read." -- Jeanette H.


Help Wanted by Everett (3)
"I thoroughly enjoyed this play. Whilst, for my own benefit, I changed Carl to Pierre and had him speak in a French accent (a la John Cleese in The Meaning Of Life) in my own head for the main part, the main story line is well paced and very amusing. With the addition of perhaps a few more jokes or plays on the current litigation culture, this could be made into a fine 20 minute play for a festival as it requires minimal costuming and set." -- dan.
"This sounds like I read this play only its called the Business Dinner." -- Jeanette H.
"i like the play, ill certainly use ir for my high school students" -- lovely, caloocan, philippines.


The Artist by J Shartzer (4)
"I like the twist in the end with Michelangelo being the old man he bumps into. I thought the relationship between the manand wife could have been expanded. But it was good nevertheless." -- e. rocco caldwell.
"I agree...this is great...it could easily be expanded into a longer story. Really great!" -- KM (Michelle) .
"very good could have extended but great" -- bob, oklahoma, usa, oklahoma.
"i enjoyed it im also a writer you should have extended it you still have time to do it. GREAT!!!" -- jacob duhon, midwest city, usa, oklahoma.


Weary Of Wearside Or Is There Life After Narddlesnu? by Nicholas M Fleischmann (1)
"Ehmm..m. Sehr gut Seite! Ich sage innig..!:) bmw" -- BMW, ..., ..., ....


Angelina And The Magical Can by Gene O'div (1)
"scripts" -- jhayson, san fernanado, la union, philippines.


What's Wrong With Taylor? by Danielle Melissa Hannah Fuller (4)
"I have submitted three (short) stories--wish someone would review them--but, nevertheless, felt I should review some other writer's and this little play looked amusing--it was. Danielle, you should pay closer attention to your spelling and punctuation, however. Using "there" for "their," for instance, took my attention away from your lines. I think you should continue writing in the comedy vein--you have a knack for it. Gary Judkins [email protected]" -- Gary D. Judkins, Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.A..
"i hope i'll like it!!!:):)" -- Alyna.
"I like it nobody wrote a play like this. funny laughtable" -- Jeanette H.
"THIS IS A MENTAL STORTY.WHO WROTE THIS STORTY IS MENTAL " -- SUKANYA, RAMAGUNDAM, STSTE, INDIA.


Mr. Smith by B C Mercer (1)
"pei.....merge!" -- laura.


Court by Bryce Martin (2)
"I'm not sure I quite understand this play. Is it meant to be a comedy based on anachronism? Some of the judge's responses to the vagrant seem to suggest he is just misunderstanding the vagrant's language and interpreting it more as contemporary speech and then in the next response he isn't. It's a well-written piece and the language is very good but I think you need to make more clear what your message is. Or maybe I just missed the point. Keep writing anyway, this definitely has a lot of potential" -- S J Fletcher.
"Where dose this court take place. What is crime is vagrant suppose to charge with. keep writting." -- Jeanette H.


Marital Bliss, Yeah Right! by Sam Malone (1)
"Very funny" -- s.


Protestificationisms by Drew Michael Current (5)
"I thought this was very funny. It has a nice satirical value to it. It's not democrat nor is it republican. It makes fun of conservatives but it also makes fun of liberals. As a liberatarian I would suggest this play." -- Patrick.
"Drew is a very talented young writer. I really like this play. It is very fitting to what's going on in the world today. I hope to see more plays by Drew Current on this site." -- Mark , Coffeyville, KS, USA.
"This play was clever and funny but I'm still trying to figure out what side the writer is on. Does he really not like people trying to change the world or is he just a sucker for satire? And another question: How come the hippies didn't drink beer? " -- Veronica, New York, New York, America.
"i dont think that this play was 'funny' as it was just plain offenceve to both to americans...n to hippys i also do not understand why the hippies didnt drink the beer?? i am aslo having problems with tryin to understand tha point or meaning of the whole play." -- Jane, perth, w.a, australia.
"Jane Perth from Australia can eat pooh! That play is a riot!" -- mark, coffeyville, ks, USA.


The Shoe Box by Teresa Ann Salyer (1)
"because I want to do a play for school" -- amy, Oakfield, 53065, UAS.


Deceptions by Matthew Diamond (4)
"Interesting. I'm actually thinking that if with your permission the drama club I conduct can perform that scene as a piece of our play. " -- Joanna, NY.
"we are a bunch of teenagers from Romania who are searching for a nice play .Acting is our life.Do not let us down! " -- codruta Puitau, timisoara, Timis, Romania.
"Mind games- a very good play. Very well written. I especially like the dramatic irony towards the end. " -- Tami Lynn, Evanston, IL, USA.
"we need this play for the drama festival! we can't afford paying for it so we wish to get it for free if possible" -- DeeDee, Timisoara, Timis, Romania.


Madam Porno And The Agoraphobic by Deron Turner (1)
"Great play! Well written and superbly crafted with the actors in mind. Laugh out loud funny. You've captured some truly geniune moments here, the kind of stuff audiences crave. This play should be performed Off- Broadway someplace in a nice little intimate Theatre. Good job Mr.Turner, we need more contempory American Playwrights just like you." -- Joel Avery, New York, USA, N.Y..


Paidsex by Deron Turner (3)
"Poignant, Thought provoking look at the complex world of these characters. Engrossing and intelligently written. The humor reaches out and grabs you by the throat when you least expected it and then delivers you back to tears. This script doesn't miss a beat. Diffinately a play to see !" -- Shawn Farris, SAC Drama dept., San Antonio, Bexar, Tx..
"I think this is absolutely brilliant. Horribly depressing but also horribly grounded in reality. I think if you saw this performed in all its glory you would need to head straight to the nearest bar when it finished and recover with several double vodkas. I think it would be a production that would stay with you for a long, long time. 10/10" -- Sooz, Dalton, Cumbria, England.
"Am trying to find out how to get a copy to consider for production in UK" -- chris mccullough, UK.


Fat Lazy Bitch by Kelly Moran (13)
"I think that this poem speaks so much, with just the right amount of sarcasm. I really like it!" -- Gina , Belgrade, MT, USA.
"nice diatribe....go fat lazy bytch." -- sunny.
"Cliche, obnoxious, makes me want to excersize. Please don't litter." -- Werner, Cede, Pocoto, UT.
"Funny i really enjoyed reading it!" -- Kaley.
"I liked it. Richard Simmons is worthless." -- R. Bennett Okerstrom.
"Wonderful Style... you should write a one woman show for the stage. Shoot for a one and a half hour venue and knock em'dead. P.S. You couldn't have wished for a better title ! Love your work' babe, best wishes !" -- Deron Turner, Savannah, USA, Ga.
"This was very funny. I liked the get in the zone line, lol. I'm sure everybody wishes they could get in the zone. " -- Steven T.
"good fun reading. enjoyed and empathised! keep writing" -- Avis, Mumbai, India.
"ever do standup...you could!" -- Brian O Neil.
"no fat chicks!!!!" -- skinny dude.
"Oh my gosh that was fricken halarious but true, I mean I am not fat but I am not skinny but you always hear them anorexic chicks whining about gaining wait! Heu skinny dude, most girls like a lil meat on there guys not skin and bones..." -- Jordan.


Something That Shouldn't Be Real by Rachel Heath (1)
"I don't know what a review is But I would like this play for my children I would appericate if you could send it to me asap! THANK YOU Cathy " -- Cathy.


One More Chance by Lindsey M Downer (3)
"I don't think you develop Charlie's or Alexandira's characters very well. I'm left thinking that Charlie is some obsessive jerk and that Alexandria is an extremely fickle and entirely too trusting girl. You can't really tell how old anyone is. They all act like highschool kids, but she works at an office? It was a little confusing." -- Tami Lynn, Evanston, IL, USA.
" stupid,insipid ,not original ,go and study!mister ''author''." -- cristina cozma, moldova noua, europa, romania.
"i want this wonderfull story cause my best friend said it was a great story to learn from" -- nicole, knolxville, TN, knoxville.


Pandora's Box by G�rard Ducasse (1)
"Excellent!!! This play starts well and captures the character of Silas well. I think that this is a very well written story that allows me to visualize the setting, the characters and the dialog. Well Done" -- Ka_sey.


Judith And The Elevator by Fizzgig McArthur (2)
"Don't you mean "Maude And The Elevator"? heh" -- erin.
"Great play, really. I wish I wasn't ignorant when it was performed, otherwise I would have gone to see it. Excellent ending as well. " -- Eric P. Vana, Milwaukee, WI, USA.


Strangers by Rita A. Wheeler (1)
"I like it! Of course women's clothing is the best! :) I like the end, too, how Jack needs to assure himself that he can be better than his brother at anything, even what he thinks is so wrong!" -- Victoria, Colorado.


Charnworth Books by Stephen Bellamy (2)
"Nothing wrong here Stephen. I've dabbled in stage acting, people say I have a great singing voice, too bad I can't prove it in this format. Mostly though I wasn't very good at it, and so I then fully concentrated on story writing. Like they say leave the acting to the actors, and the playwriting to the playwrites." -- [email protected].
"It's "playwrights" not "playwrites" EC a.k.a. jerrygeorge51, okay? I'm in college and so I've "experienced" trying to analyze a play, but I've never actually written one. Never have I acted in one either, but I do know what it's like to perform in front of a huge sitting audience. Though trust me they do anything but sit patiently and quietly, and it's much harder to remember your routines than I suppose it would to be upon the stage." -- Tyna Aberdeen.


Scenes From An American Life by Matthew Diamond (4)
"Kudos ! Loved it, loved it, loved it ! This is fantastic work for any playwright, let alone one as young as you. I look forward to reading and viewing all of your work in the very near future... What else are you working on? I'd love to read some more. Keep up the good work. P.S. I invite to to take a read of some of my work as well... Look for them in he play section. How about a collaboration soon ?" -- Deron Turner, Savannah, USA, Ga.
"please could you send me the text entitled "An American Nightmare" by Matt Diamond since I have a homework to do with it and I forgot my text in classroom. Thank you very much. I started to read it during the lesson and I found it very interesting. Could you please join titles of others plays written by the same authors.thank you.Romain" -- Romain.
"very amazing...i read it a little in class... and waouh......it's so awesome. i saw a photo with the text looking Harry and Walter but who are these actors???" -- jessyca, agde, france.
"What up Diamonator, wow good shit. Too bad i discovered it when we're both in college. It's cool you were thinking about all this stuff all along. I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought so and was mad in thinking as such. I know you'll probably never read this, but you rock." -- Jon Eng, Livingtson, NJ.


Suicide And Cigarettes by Tyurina E Allen (5)
"1)This seemed to be written in a very textbook style. Secondly, it didn't make much sense. Goodstart; needs editing." -- CPM Greene, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.
"I hate to be negative but I thought this one was just pretentious rubbish. The only thing I liked was the title: cigarettes and suicide certainly go together in my mind!" -- David Gardiner, London, England.
"can you e-mail me a copy of this monologue. thank you." -- Shirley Tillis, Houston, Texas.
"Not good. Characters are cliched, melodramatic, card-board cut-outs. Quite funny (unintentionally). Might be better if you just go out and make the dialogue between Plath & Sexton- but make it FUNNY since this has been done to death & says nothing new whatsoever. The dialogue is also reads like that of an artsy teen's porno fantasy. Need better dialogue and more developed characters if you want to make this "coming out" mean anything. Otherwise, make it a funny exchange between 2 wacko suicide cases. " -- fellowdroogs.
"send me more story" -- arun, thanjavur, tamilnadu, india.


God's Grace by Karen Mueller (7)
"I would like to read it." -- Ashley Hinson, Georgia, United States.
"Awesome! Well-crafted, great ending. Probably one of the best stories I've ever read!" -- Ashley Burdett, West Chester, Pa, USA.
"Great Play! Well written. Has a great ending, I think in her own sick mind she sees God, so does that make him real?" -- Lori Kenny, White House Station, New Jersey, USA.
"This is a well-crafted but disturbing play as it's intended to be. The only aspect of this play that gave me pause was the medicine cabinet. Grace finds it locked then it becomes "unlocked" and Grace thanks God as she finds a bottle of pills and presumably takes her life. Would God directly assist Grace in committing suicide? Is there another way for Grace to take her life that requires her to do so without God's intervention?" -- doug, New York, NY, usa.
"I think Grace is either seriously mential ill or sometime in Trady they need something to blame like Devil, or Wish thinking we see think we hear God voice. Either way she not in touch with reality" -- Jeanette H.
"With a little rewriting of the obvious (like the first words the psychiatrist utters) you have a fine short play here. No question you have the gift. Well done again!" -- Edmund Jonah.
"Great play, its true, people who do believe in God, other poeple do think that these people are mad. The only bit l did not like about your play was beinging defeated by the devil when she took the pills and taken her own life. God does not intend one to take their own life. The ending should have been "testing the faith" eg when she got hold of the pills, she should have throw them away and said, "Why should l take these". Than her love for God would have been real. Still it was a good play anyway." -- Amy, Hayes, UK.


Miss Fortune by Karen Mueller (9)
"Very intertaining. Thank you very much. " -- Richard, Calgary.
":P" -- lobelia aster, westfield, ma, usa.
"Funny. Good job!" -- Mark Frank, Coffeyville, Kansas.
"Excellent! Very Funny, Cute" -- Lori Kenny, White House Station, New Jersey, USA.
"Wow, honestly, if I was doing a showcase I would present myself as Kelly with my friend as Ms. Fortune....real genius" -- Nikki.
"I loved it! " -- Mulan.
"Ms. Mueller, can I use this script for a play my friends and I will perform? " -- Mulan.
"Yes, this is a take on Blithe Spirit but you have some nice original ideas and you give two characters two very nice roles to play. Well done!" -- Edmund Jonah.
"i loved it it is sooo fun-e! really great job, keep up the good work " -- sky-line.


Purgatory by Simon P Smith (1)
"Your download titles dont work!!!!!!!! Files that are extracted are of 0 bytes!!!!! What do we do??????" -- shivaji.


Mr Sandman, A Collection by M Betette (2)
"A good premise, but I believe the play lacks character substance. I didn't get a sense of enough conflict with the characters. I think it's an excellent storyline that could be better developed through another draft. Good work!" -- Mark Frank, Coffeyville, Kansas.
"That's some good stuff. Do you write kid shows for kids at all. your humor lends well to it - and i am looking for a kid show to put up in chicago next spring. let me know if you have anything." -- Jenny Lamb, Chicago, IL.


Life In The Flesh by F J Gordon (2)
"A description of over 220 words does not give much faith in the author's ability to be succinct. I would not read this on principle!" -- Ed Linley, Panama.
"Thanks for the laugh Ed Linney. You hit the nail on the head." -- Steven.


There are 43 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.