www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Novels - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry - Reviews
Novels Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Right Where I Left Off by Cara B Spencer (1)
"I need a huge favor for all of you out there. Please give me some kind of feedback your reviews because I'm trying to find out what kind of ideas I should put in there, so please give a review. Thank You!" -- Cara.


White Phantom Chapter Seven, The Body by Sooz (2)
"Compelling reading! you do feel drawn into the plot but can't help feeling it needs 'tightening up' in some places - the body description is so much more detailed than some other bits and I feel it would benefit from some more observations i.e. on the journey up the stairs to make the locking in the vault more dramatic. I do think it's compelling and original though and would love to read more" -- me.
"Great feedback thank you, this is just what I want. Good point and when I come to edit I'll see what I can do to make it more consistent. Maybe some 'telling' pictures on the stairs or something. Thank you....you. " -- Sooz, Barrow, Cumbria, England.


Demon Zone Chapter 1 by Chris Lockley (1)
"I'm looking forward to the rest of the chapters. From one writer to another, you have real talent that needs to be further explored." -- Cedric McClester.


White Phantom Chapter Three, Rape by Sooz (4)
"Hmmm, I find it difficult to be constructive in my criticism of the context, for I have known what it is to feel such degrading pain. And to know the ultimate insult� to have evil slip inside what did not welcome nor understand. You speak of what you have no understanding, Kings and Queens In Far Away Castles� " -- needful.
"Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on this. I have to say though, that is one hell of a presumtion. How do you know that I don't know what I'm talking about? This is fiction, pure gratuitous fiction... but please, don't presume to know that your experiences and pain are greater than mine ... or anybody elses. I'm sorry for what you've been through. Nobody should have to suffer that.. but if I had a mind to I can write pain and abuse from the inside out and know exactly what I'm talking about. This was just a story. Again I thank you. " -- Sooz, Barrow, Cumbria, England.
"My apologies, you are correct. I have no right to make assumptions; it is simply that this piece struck raw nerve. I indeed hope you have no real knowledge of the subject matter." -- needful.
"That's really nice of you, thank you. My mother was murdered in front of me when I was five.When my mother was murdered I wa left in the water for dead and wasn't found until five hours later by a couple walking a dog I didn't speak for five years and was misdiagnosed as autistic, put in an institution with mentally handicapped people, because I didn't speak I was the perfect victim, I was abused by, not one, but three dirty old men by the time I was nine. But ... making the distinction this has nothing to do with White Phantom ... as I said that is just silly story. I really appreciate you coming back to me on this one, that was big of you, thank you and take care. And always remember what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger .. an old cliche, but oh so true. " -- Sooz, Barrow, Cumbria, England.


White Phantom Chapter Five by Sooz (2)
"Sooz - I really liked this piece - thereare a fwe discrepancies to tie up (Phantom is called Jennifer with no reprimand at one point, the Maggie having a boyfriend bit might need elaborating) but otherwise a very powerful and nicely written piece. I also read the comments from Needful and I don't think that an author has to have experienced something to write about it - after all...where would science fiction come from if it had to be lived first. The horror of the rape scene is all too real to me" -- me.
"Thanks very much for this. Both points taken note of and altered on my copy. Glad you're liking, thank you, made my night. I tend to agree with you about fiction being fiction. I think the *best* writing is often something that you have first hand knowlege of but sometimes it's good to just let your imagination run where it wants to. This one is just a daft story. Thanks again. " -- Sooz, Barrow, Cumbria, England.


The Runaways: Escaping Tyler Chapter One by Jake Gries (1)
"Jake did an amazing job and there is nothing to b critical about!" -- Katie .


White Phantom Chapter One by Sooz (1)
"by" -- rishigan, kajang, selangor.


Reflections And Thoughts by Stephisme (1)
"the very start of this story. it still needs alot of editing. please do not copy this. or ever claim it as your own. thanks." -- Stephisme.


Xanadur And The Legend Of The Mystic Ryders. by Candi Leigh (2)
"it was great. loved how you put it together" -- Amber, Monett, Mo.
"Love it! Where's the rest? you get us interested and then leave us hanging. lol" -- My Hyde.


Tellus, A Story by Michael Potter (2)
"Mike, I read the first page of this...and I was intrigued, but I wasn't going to sit down and read the entire thing. I suggest posting this is parts...sections...giving people the opportunity to read in smaller portions. This would nebale us to breakdown your work...telling you what we think works and what might not work. With that said...I will tell you I like what I read so far. You have a crisp prose style to your writing that clearly indicates your can write novels....keep it up" -- rocco, t-town.
"Dear friend, How can i explain this feeling? The dictionary seems to let me down as it does do not have the word to capture my exact expressions. I met one of Britain�s greatest painters, writers, poets, graphic designers. One greater than William Shakespeare and Da Vinci put together. Awesome! Simply said, he is a highly talented genius to me. From the portraits I saw, I knew that he could paint large portraits and comics that could cover the ground wholly, create typographical letters that could cover every edge of the wall. He is a person of such cordial sympathy, a great sense of humour and a man of remarkable benevolence. He is extremely tall, lean, handsome, dark-haired Caucasian who possesses not only physical but abstract qualities. Guess what? One lesson I have learnt is: never fall in love with a man nature and hard work has endowed and over-dosed with artistic qualities. This I never shall especially when it is a would -be first love. On our first meeting, I associated his character and name with politeness when he said: `pardon me, you are a stunner and I the exact antithesis of what you find attractive in men� `I obtained my PHD at the age of 13 he went on. I am 23 years old. I am also a computer wizard. You are into I.T . I know that I don�t possess stupendous wealth, but I can see the future with I.T. I can predict our future together with I.T like a psychic work in a renowned british I.T company. You�ve got the title, and the wealth but I am an aspiring millionaire as poor as a struggling artist� As if his qualities weren�t remarkable enough, I was over all, impressed by his experience, display of high intelligence and his enlightened manners. He was so direct and went on to describe intimacy thus:� sexual appetite daily if I am really into you� he suggested it knew i had no experience i was a natural he had a dog spirit i was his prey didn�t mind to have it with me in public he didn�t fucking care he turned me to his sexpot i loved missionary style I never understood what mum meant when she said �who knows what could become of an aspiring millionaire?� I now understand. He made it crystal clear when I meant him. Then there was this other British Aristocratic stupendously wealthy, tall, handsome dark-haired man who had a great sense of humour and also possesses not only physical but also abstract qualities greater than William Shakespeare and Da Vinci. Expectedly, his family background was also wealthy and posh. Bryan Ferry song �Slave to love� contains some lyrics that guide me daily. It goes thus: �To need a woman You�ve got to know How the strong get weak And how the rich get poor` My mother is right. Thanks to her for intervening: �I can�t predict a poor aspiring millionaire�s future� He fell in love with me and so did I. Our love, his love, care and his desire to always protect me can�t be compared to that of Jack and Rose in Titanic or with Noah and Allie in The Notebook or any other. I call my own love, our love, our own love story is: �The Art of Love but with a happy ending.�" -- Ashley Atta, Schw�bisch Gm�nd, Bargau, Germany.


Sneak Out by Jodie Brown (1)
"It has a good use of words and figurative language" -- Kellie.


So Much For Summer Love Part 1 by Nicky C Carlson (4)
"This is such a good story! I know right..." -- nicole.
"Ohhh! I liked this story! Can't wait for part 2!" -- Bekah.
"wers part 2?!" -- Michelle, subic, Zambales, Philippines.
"it's nice but wers the 2nd part" -- cath, castillejos, zambales, philippines.


There are 12 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.