www.storymania.com
Storymania

 

 

Short Stories

StoryMania Direct
StoryMania
StoryLinksMania
StoryArtMania


Short Stories
Poetry
Novels
Plays
Screenplays
Songs
Non-Fiction
Essays
Foreign
Reference
Children
Genres
Columns
The Advisor
New Titles


The Authors
Submit Your Work!
Top Title Hits
Hot Picks
Search
Guest Book
Chat Rooms
Partners
Contact Us
About Us
Home Page

Lost In Space...Beagle 2 by Harvey Kennett The true story of Beagle 2 ? Apologies to Yanks in general... [1,105 words] [Science Fiction] (HITS 3429, REVS. 0)
The Happy Housewife by April Griffin A short but powerfull tale of a battered woman. [980 words] [Drama] (HITS 2316, REVS. 14)
Mind's Shadow by J Shartzer A teenager is engrossed in the search for the reason of his girlfriend's sudden suicide. [8,115 words] (HITS 721, REVS. 6)
Melancholy Polly by J Shartzer A young woman with a bizzare history is deeply affected by her mother's death. [1,579 words] [Horror] (HITS 459, REVS. 0)
Your Little God Is Pooh And Creepy Too by Xoggoth Only the innocent find salvation. In the run up to the revelation the kids of St Crispin's Middle School are introduced to their own little salvations. PS I know Buddha was not a god, it's creative l... [1,442 words] [Humor] (HITS 2490, REVS. 1)
The Three Rotten Sisters by Christopher W Sorenson A funny short story about three snoody women who marry three fine gentlemen. In the end there is a strange twist, and the rotten sisters are paid back for years of abuse. Bone Apatite. [789 words] [Comedy] (HITS 2229, REVS. 2)
The Markings Of An Angle by Narinder Bhambra A short story. [1,398 words] (HITS 2094, REVS. 0)
The Fly And... by Xoggoth That Geoff Goldblum had it easy! One fly?? I should have been so lucky! [483 words] [Humor] (HITS 2277, REVS. 0)
The Difference-1 by Sukesh Srivastava An emotional story of sacrifices made for each other in the family. [4,595 words] [Relationships] (HITS 625, REVS. 0)
The Diary Of Mystery by Hazli Ghazali Collection of Hazli's short stories under the topic of mystery, a lot to think and discover! [3,982 words] [Publishing] (HITS 513, REVS. 0)
The Come Back by Bryan Meckley About a successful overdose. [2,157 words] (HITS 673, REVS. 1)
Ripple Effect by E Rocco Caldwell A scientist has discovered time travel or maybe his own descent into insanity. [838 words] [Science Fiction] (HITS 3188, REVS. 4)
Providing For Sarah by Xoggoth A desolate man finds comfort in an imaginary (?) companion. But who will care for her when he's gone? [883 words] [Mind] (HITS 1980, REVS. 0)
Pakistani Feast by Jerry Pat Bolton A man, alone in the jungles of Pakistani, become surrounded by a pride of tigers. [1,681 words] (HITS 439, REVS. 0)
Night Ride by P J Lawton A tired young man accepts a ride from a mysterious stranger. [1,463 words] (HITS 1918, REVS. 0)
My Eternal Triangle by Erasmus Flynt - [710 words] (HITS 2363, REVS. 3)
Monica's Pie by Paul B Kramer Reklon Harponip, a Turkish lad on his own in America, identifies with Monica Lewinsky's plight as he searches out like-minded people. [3,062 words] (HITS 539, REVS. 0)
Man Skin by Harvey Kennett When you sleep, what happens to your dreams ? [776 words] [Horror] (HITS 2341, REVS. 3)
Hell Is A Personal Place by Erasmus Flynt Each of us has a personal idea of Hell! [1,043 words] (HITS 2647, REVS. 5)
Goodnight Sweet Kevin by Harvey Kennett It concerns me that we, as a species, follow trends and "buzzwords", and anyone who dares to question the self-styled Hierophants of the Press and Govenment is crucified at the Altar of Supposed Freed... [603 words] [Science Fiction] (HITS 2051, REVS. 0)
God's Trainees by Xoggoth Him upstairs is thinking of retiring, all he needs to do is train up some suitable replacements. Easier said than done. They just don't make deities the way the used to. [1,570 words] [Humor] (HITS 572, REVS. 1)
Fury Of Steele by Robert E Tadlock The drug lords of Hong Kong are trying to take over L.A. But Hong Kong itself will feel the fury of Steele. Although this story is not finished, you decide. Should it be finished or go on to something... [2,686 words] [Action] (HITS 513, REVS. 0)
Free Road by Deon Coetzee The possibility that life may be ended with a happy parting of one's shadow, ie. suicide, that is not depressing but a free release. [194 words] [Literary Fiction] (HITS 1920, REVS. 1)
Food For Thought by P J Lawton Ever wonder where the food of the future will come from? [973 words] (HITS 2059, REVS. 2)
Do You Remember Now? by E Daugherty - [703 words] (HITS 2271, REVS. 3)
Did You Hear The One About The Three Icelandic Bishops by Gypsey Teague When you invite a guest into your home, be prepared for what you get. [493 words] [Horror] (HITS 1896, REVS. 0)
Death Walk by P J Lawton A space ship crashes on a lonely planet leaving the crew a long walk to safety. [1,147 words] (HITS 2114, REVS. 1)
Changing To Go Out by Xoggoth In the aftermath of the genetic bomb, a simple night at the pictures with the missus is no easy task. [444 words] [Humor] (HITS 1983, REVS. 0)
Business Card by E Rocco Caldwell Madness can be in a simple telephone call. [723 words] [Thriller] (HITS 2762, REVS. 1)
Back To The Garden by Xoggoth Depressing the extent to which everything is being dumbed down these days. Poor state education? Is that all it is? [527 words] [Mind] (HITS 1934, REVS. 0)
A Conversation With God by Kevin Myrick Basically, its a short story with sort of a twisted view on the whole walking with god on the beach theme that you see around. I dunno, it was sort of one of those late night writes. Yeah, I'm an athe... [1,230 words] (HITS 2654, REVS. 0)
The Music I Held by E Daugherty - [802 words] (HITS 2333, REVS. 1)
Licorice Tea by Shelley J Alongi This is a story I havent' worked into my novel yet; it's how Rachel makes a decision to fall in love with Jason, the flight instructor. Read chapter 6 of "Second Marriage" for all the other details a... [3,590 words] [Romance] (HITS 470, REVS. 0)
Victim by Gypsey Teague By the full of the moon, and the cloak of the night. There are some things that are better Kept in the light. [1,372 words] [Horror] (HITS 1936, REVS. 0)
Twisted Figures by Rae Just wrote it down as it came to mind.. no sense or anything :) [294 words] (HITS 2064, REVS. 0)
Things To Do Before I Die by Gypsey Teague Everyone makes lists. Some mean more than others. [1,045 words] [Mystery] (HITS 1918, REVS. 0)
The Waitress Fom Hell by Richard Koss The story of a patron's ongoing feud with an over-the-hill waitress. [750 words] (HITS 2582, REVS. 2)
The Soldier by Solo A darkly lyrical tale of an old soldier seperated from his men behind enemy lines who takes on a mission of his own as he discovers that war really can be hell. [8,019 words] [Popular Fiction] (HITS 533, REVS. 0)
The Siege Of Tar Ebon by Dayne Edmondson This is a story of human kind's greatest hour of need. [2,501 words] [Fantasy] (HITS 503, REVS. 1)
The Man I Call My Dad by Justin M Chapman A story about my dad that I wrote for a class. It tells about him. [979 words] (HITS 2123, REVS. 1)
The Gatekeeper Of The Heaven by Partha Pratim Majumder Theme : Hypothetically, the concept of God,heaven etc. are all created by and preserved in the belief of man. Again, the treatment of the same in the mind of illeterate and common man as well as in... [2,419 words] [Relationships] (HITS 512, REVS. 3)
The Divine Inside Of Thoughts by Elroy Jamoke Lloyd Auto-bio piece... [4,442 words] [Literary Fiction] (HITS 485, REVS. 0)
The Clearing by E Rocco Caldwell A simple ghost story that happens to be true. [783 words] [Horror] (HITS 2609, REVS. 5)
Spirits Revolt by Jack Roland Butter When Donna moves to her new Californian house she can't believe her luck. Soon she discovers that the house isn't that brilliant wheshe has a close encounter with the paranormal. [1,079 words] [Mystical] (HITS 2035, REVS. 1)
Simon Says: The Case Of The Singing Lady Blues by P J Lawton A hard-boiled private detective makes a fatal mistake. He can't make it right but he can make those responsible pay. [3,757 words] (HITS 531, REVS. 0)
Simon Says: Case Of Vengeance By The Letter by P J Lawton A hard-boiled private detective's past comes back to haunt him. [3,972 words] (HITS 524, REVS. 0)
Simon Says: Case Of The Deadly Diamond Dupe by P J Lawton A hard-boiled private detective reluctantly gets involved in a terrorist plot. [3,813 words] (HITS 580, REVS. 1)
Shadow Cat by John Caruso On a cold winter day a feral kitten wandered out of the wooded paradise surrounding our home in west Suffolk County. I didn't know then how long that little visitor would stay; who cares, I didn't.� T... [22,470 words] (HITS 636, REVS. 0)
Roundabout Love by Kevin Myrick The story of two people who shouldn't be able to fall in love, but came together. [1,187 words] [Drama] (HITS 2270, REVS. 2)
Pyscho Librarian by Sarah Beresh About a librarian who was a Physco killer and told all her lil library kids about her past then goes crazy again! [1,849 words] [Horror] (HITS 533, REVS. 1)
Not Much Like Christmas by Stephanie A Erickson A short story based on the song "Christmas By The Phone" by Good Charlotte. Also based on a true incident. [2,616 words] [Fan Fiction] (HITS 450, REVS. 0)
Neighbors by Shelley J Alongi Aviation story. This story takes place before Andrew meets Anne in his spactacular early morning landing. As I've developed these stories I've thought up a whole host of neighbors for Andrew. Here i... [1,523 words] [Romance] (HITS 489, REVS. 0)
Mom's Color Code by Partha Pratim Majumder Relationship between mother and son. The very intricate relationship that needs no description. [1,287 words] [Relationships] (HITS 2376, REVS. 8)
Managing by Shelley J Alongi Twenty years after marriage, and despite life, Anne and Andrew still manage to hold everything together. [2,329 words] [Romance] (HITS 479, REVS. 0)
Last Day by Shelley J Alongi Aviation Story 18. Anne and Andrew, a sinus headache, troublesome passengers, a frantic boss, and the last day of school! One of these sentimental stories at which I seem to excell and from which I'm ... [2,335 words] [Romance] (HITS 511, REVS. 0)
Landing Part Two by Shelley J Alongi Aviation story. Relationship conflict. Melanie talks to Laura about Jeff. [1,765 words] [Romance] (HITS 461, REVS. 0)
Landing Part Three by Shelley J Alongi Origins of the accident. Pleasant flight. [1,176 words] [Romance] (HITS 2579, REVS. 0)
Landing Part One by Shelley J Alongi Anaviation story. A pilot is caught between a rock and a hard place, literally, leading to a painful decision. I'm putting this up here in parts so you can read one section at a time. We meet Melanie... [1,637 words] [Romance] (HITS 417, REVS. 0)
Landing Part Four by Shelley J Alongi Melanie is afraid. [1,480 words] [Romance] (HITS 2695, REVS. 0)
Landing Part Five by Shelley J Alongi Jeff's dream. [1,033 words] [Romance] (HITS 2612, REVS. 0)
Jolly John's Last Laugh by Partha Pratim Majumder In 1963 , A young Englishman bought an old Bunglow at the foothills of Himalayas near Simla. The problem faced by him was the issue of adjustment with the atmosphere of that old house and his despe... [2,437 words] [Literary Fiction] (HITS 558, REVS. 1)
Is It Real Or Is It Memorex? by D G Williford You tell me... [82 words] (HITS 2279, REVS. 3)
Billy And Jason by Ashley A Selsing Jason meets a new kid, Billy, who steals his things. At first they are enemies, but they then become friends. [1,382 words] [Drama] (HITS 1713, REVS. 0)
Back Page News by E Rocco Caldwell The thoughts of a dying US soldier on the road to baghdad. [805 words] [Drama] (HITS 2663, REVS. 1)
Attack Of The Sans by Randy Johnson A Space Warrior named Fland travels to a planet called Narburg and battles intelligent Slug creatures. [3,022 words] [Science Fiction] (HITS 505, REVS. 3)
An Encounter With Evil by P J Lawton A young man's search for the bizarre gets him a little more than he bargined for. [1,761 words] (HITS 493, REVS. 0)
A Season For Figs by Geraldine Winters A short story. [3,255 words] (HITS 523, REVS. 2)
A Hike by Jennifer Winter A short story. [875 words] (HITS 2022, REVS. 1)
A Friend by Peter Izdebski I was like clay, so soft and yellow. I listened and followed because I didn't know that I could talk and lead. This is one of those times. [917 words] (HITS 2151, REVS. 1)



There are 69 title entries on this page.

 

 

Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
 

Copyright © 1998-2018 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.