www.storymania.com
Storymania

 

 

Non-Fiction

StoryMania Direct
StoryMania
StoryLinksMania
StoryArtMania


Short Stories
Poetry
Novels
Plays
Screenplays
Songs
Non-Fiction
Essays
Foreign
Reference
Children
Genres
Columns
The Advisor
New Titles


The Authors
Submit Your Work!
Top Title Hits
Hot Picks
Search
Guest Book
Chat Rooms
Partners
Contact Us
About Us
Home Page

Buenos Dias, Colombia (Not S Carolina!) by Randall Barfield First-hand comments/observations of the country today and other days (with sugar, cream, and warts). This was a blog before anyone had ever heard of the term. [18,298 words] [Writing Resource] (HITS 635, REVS. 0)
Tijuana Trolley by Robert Guskind This is an excerpt from a work that is currently in progress. This passage details events in the Baja California in the winter of 1994-95. It is part of a much larger work. [973 words] (HITS 1981, REVS. 0)
The Way I Am by Peter Izdebski The title of my story is The Way I Am. It's something I sat down and wrote over a few days. I took it out of my dreams. The scenarios and situations are all dreams. It's a glimpse into what makes ... [4,592 words] (HITS 681, REVS. 2)
Addicted To Eve Garner by Jonathan Christian Soriano - [2,968 words] (HITS 895, REVS. 12)
The Enigma Of Woman by Norman A Rubin Love and Women are the brightest solution to all enigmas. [1,683 words] (HITS 538, REVS. 0)
Pissed--Or, We Did It To Ourselves(Yes, Read Fucked) by Randall Barfield Periodical rant. [492 words] [Writing Resource] (HITS 2910, REVS. 2)
Hiding From The Truth by Jessica J A true story about what I went through with my bestfriend. Hoping that writting will haelp me cope with my grief and saddness. [3,345 words] [Teenage] (HITS 482, REVS. 0)
An Interview With New York Times Best Selling Author Steve Alten by Owen Hollifield New York Times Best selling author Steve Alten talks about himself and also gives advice to writers. [1,332 words] [Writing Resource] (HITS 2808, REVS. 2)
Confession by Dorra Della An journal entry from March 2002 about me and a guy I loved and am not dating. [1,353 words] [Gay & Lesbian] (HITS 1784, REVS. 0)
The Conductors Of The Chicago Symphony Orchestra by Frank Dunsmore For over one hundred and eight years the CSO has created beautiful music for its patrons. Excellent musicians, wise boards of directors, and nine distinguished conductors have brought this about. [2,217 words] [History] (HITS 741, REVS. 0)
Miniviews From Colombia by Randall Barfield No special description. Basically, getting an idea of what different people think at present. [3,555 words] (HITS 476, REVS. 0)
See The Light? by Jenn Thomas-Orr Random memories about a father from a daughter who loved him. [1,807 words] [Biography] (HITS 558, REVS. 0)
Nothing New by Jenn Thomas-Orr One woman's experience with surviving domestic abuse and moving on with life. [2,352 words] (HITS 641, REVS. 0)
Letters From Afghanistan by Ben Overby A picture of the sacrifices that are being made daily by thousands of US troops and their families. [4,333 words] (HITS 581, REVS. 1)
Didgeridoo by Jenn Thomas-Orr A review of a short performance I had the privilege of attending in Australia in 2001. [378 words] [Travel] (HITS 1769, REVS. 0)
Can You See It? by James A McGee Troubled young man learns a lasting lesson from his grandfather. [1,553 words] [Relationships] (HITS 552, REVS. 1)
Life, Love And The Pursuit Of Un-Intoxication by Rob Baked The short story of a piece of my experience traveling to Bomoseen, Vermont to get away from the temptations of the city. My friend, Judge, and I wanted to be free of the grip heroin had on us for yea... [1,826 words] (HITS 555, REVS. 1)
The Arm by Robert W Carlomagno The Misadventures of an Army Brat. [3,756 words] (HITS 668, REVS. 0)
Memories Of Cawood by Cylis Lapedimore This a short about a legendary sports broadcaster in the state of Ky, It was an attempt of remembering him and the generation he belonged to in Appalachia. [874 words] [Biography] (HITS 1794, REVS. 0)
A Georgia Crossroads by Randall Barfield Where does it lie? [325 words] [Writing Resource] (HITS 2630, REVS. 0)
Psycho Jack Turns 44 by S A Robinson Psycho Jack Turns 44 (Part 1 of 2)Aprox. 2100 words (4200 total) (My best friend Jack has a distinctive personality. He is loud, boisterous and often profane. Some would say even, well, somewhat...Ps... [1,895 words] [Humor] (HITS 568, REVS. 1)
Greenlife by Frank L Martin Are plants aware? Perhaps. Read an experience that really happened and draw your own conclusion. [1,162 words] [Mystical] (HITS 1854, REVS. 0)
Southern Comfort by Robert W Carlomagno The Misadventures of an Army Brat. Third in a series. [2,029 words] (HITS 557, REVS. 0)
A Picture's Wirth A Thousand Words by Frank Dunsmore I had the privilege of interviewing Cliff Wirth, Chicago Sun-Times newspaper cartoonist. Mr. Wirth has been a cartoonist for the last fifty years. In my interview he shares how he became a cartoonist ... [1,701 words] (HITS 1024, REVS. 0)
Night Lights Shine On by Frank Dunsmore Night Lights Shine On is a brief history of lighthouses. From ancient times on, lighthouses have guided mariners to safe harbors. Men and women have served as keepers of the light and there are many h... [1,553 words] (HITS 578, REVS. 1)
Radio Days Of Yesteryear by Frank Dunsmore I was in bed listening to my radio while the wind whistled and howled outside the window. "Good evening friends. This is Raymond, your host, welcoming you in through the squeaking door, to the Inner S... [3,001 words] (HITS 723, REVS. 0)
Connect The Stars In The Night Sky by Frank Dunsmore The ancient Greek and Roman stargazers connected stars with imaginary lines to create images. The images are called constellations. Then they applied legends and myths to the images. [1,912 words] (HITS 598, REVS. 0)
The Beach by Robert W Carlomagno The Misadventures of an Army Brat. Second in a series. [1,233 words] (HITS 1871, REVS. 0)
Vietnam Notes by Robert Flynn Memories of war. [11,032 words] (HITS 750, REVS. 0)
The Mail's On The Saddle by Frank Dunsmore The Pony Express is a true spirit of America. On April 3, 1860 the Pony Express began a mail service that was faster than any before. The route that the riders rode was 1,966 miles from St. Joseph, M... [2,209 words] (HITS 538, REVS. 0)
The Truth by Amit Gupta A non-fiction story. [1,033 words] (HITS 2346, REVS. 2)
Trading The Metal by Steven R. Kravsow "Today was a good day for me, or so I thought. I had traded in my aged 4-door Taurus, after bleeding it as dry as turnip blood on a stone. In its place stood a bright red beauty that was not only econ... [1,234 words] (HITS 2207, REVS. 3)
Before I Exceed To Glory by Renee Zeno - [850 words] (HITS 2246, REVS. 1)
Tippy by Kathleen McCarthy A true story about a pet ground squirrel and a childhood learning experience. [1,040 words] [Animal] (HITS 1889, REVS. 0)
Half Marathon Man by Peter Perkins True account of author Peter Perkins attempt to run a half marathon and the subsequent near death experience it became! [2,001 words] [Adventure] (HITS 564, REVS. 0)
Her World Of Darkness by Shenielle Aloysis The power of sight is something we take for granted. But what would you do if it were to be slowly taken away from you? Read this real-life story of a woman and find out. [872 words] [Motivational] (HITS 1795, REVS. 0)
Dungeons Of Darkness by Marvin V Arnett A visit to the African slave forts at Cape Coast, Ghana in West Africa raises ghosts and questions for Author. [1,396 words] [Travel] (HITS 2513, REVS. 5)
Celebration Of Life by Shenielle Aloysis After tragedy strikes, a period of healing follows. This story tells us of how a woman overcomes two tragic circumstances by focussing on her healing. [926 words] [Motivational] (HITS 2291, REVS. 1)
Mushi Mushi by Rachel Thian Yeng About my experience in Japan. [2,230 words] [Travel] (HITS 644, REVS. 4)
A Blessing In Disguise by S Burkhead A story about my son, who I had at the young age of 15. [342 words] (HITS 1937, REVS. 4)
Waking Up The Village by B. P. Skinner A concerned professional working in the inner city tackles the child protection system to help three abused kids get safe. It exposes the hard realities of expectations and actualities, of deepest hop... [1,760 words] [Drama] (HITS 545, REVS. 0)
Childhood Memories by Rita Myers This Christmas story is based on one of the many stories that my late father shared with me before passing away in 1973. [485 words] (HITS 1732, REVS. 0)
The Gaspe Peninsula by Jock Pichette The story is about a beautiful part of Quebec. Whether its reaching a peak and only seeing blue water, enthralled with dusk while sitting on your balcony or peace and tranquility of New Richmond. The ... [5,878 words] [Travel] (HITS 1007, REVS. 0)
Oscar Costin D-Day by Jock Pichette Oscar is special, a wireless operator during WWII with a mission to come back home in one piece. When you sit next to Oscar, you can see the fire in his eyes, a pre-requisite to win. But, you can also... [1,843 words] (HITS 653, REVS. 1)
Medical Officer With A Mission by Jock Pichette A young soldier joins WWII from University, drives a jeep with all his medical tools and supplies. Comes back home, continues his education, and initiates an Oncology Day Center at Royal Victoria Hosp... [4,451 words] (HITS 682, REVS. 0)
A Story Of One Man, His Universal Carrier And The Unknown by Jock Pichette They did not ask Bert to join the War, he signed up, and did his duties. He drove a Bren Gun Carrier carrying men into battle. He was a feisty individual, possibly the reason why his unit did so well.... [3,486 words] (HITS 690, REVS. 1)
Reliving Another Senseless Death by Greg Stephens - [645 words] (HITS 1894, REVS. 1)
Photo Man by Steven R. Kravsow I stood at the airport fence looking at a vintageB-24 Liberator. And then I saw the tiny little man. He wore his old Army Air Force fatigues, perfectly laundered and looking like it was still 1944. Hi... [2,560 words] (HITS 594, REVS. 1)
On Death And The Spirit World by Lissa N Metz-Gomez An essay discussing various elements of the 4th dimension. [1,446 words] (HITS 2179, REVS. 6)
A Blemish In My Life - A Memoir by Deb Meyer This is true story about me dealing with my acne troubles as a teen and the desperate measures I took to look normal which almost killed me literally. [2,524 words] (HITS 574, REVS. 4)
The Battle With The Bat by Michael Wolfe The true story of a terrifying encounter I had at my girlfriend's lake home with a vampire bat straight out of hell. [2,012 words] (HITS 560, REVS. 3)
The Man With The Golden Tooth by Natalia Pedroza Slaves story from when the slaves came to America. [2,364 words] (HITS 503, REVS. 0)
My Not So Called Life by Natalia Pedroza A story about a boy who passe throw tough stuff at a very young age. [2,234 words] (HITS 588, REVS. 2)
As Long Lives This...Then This Gives Life To You. by Sorcha Colleran My aunt died of cancer,and since this piece could belong to any family,I think it might touch you too.The funeral took place in rural Ireland. [571 words] (HITS 1980, REVS. 4)
My Second Identity by Pegi Handley It all began with such innocense, a feverent desire to better her life-start fresh again. In 1980 Pegi enrolled in Fresno State where she discovered a group of pretty young women prostituting of a la... [2,120 words] (HITS 1698, REVS. 1)
The Final Analysis by Pegi Handley This is a story of women and madness. In 1955, at seventeen years old, I'm thrown into a psychiatric hospital in Norwalk California, where I spend the next two years. In this razor-sharp story of sta... [2,061 words] (HITS 2261, REVS. 0)
Bi And Buy -- Sex Self-Help by Victoria King Chapter 1. Covers some topics that a still touchy. For example - Women are bi-sexual and men never seem to know. It was different in the '70's, you didn't have to choose, you could have it all. Righ... [1,881 words] (HITS 711, REVS. 5)
The South Finally Surrenders by Melody This is an essay about the civil war. It is based on a very important figure called Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain. In general most of the story is based on his feelings towords some major events of th... [2,577 words] (HITS 489, REVS. 0)
Lee At Chancellorsville by Mauricio Esquenazi This is an essay about General Robert E Lee at the battle of Chancellorsvile, during the civil war. [1,748 words] (HITS 582, REVS. 1)
The Family Executioner by Steven R. Kravsow In the early hours of December 11, something terrible happened. William Beadle, known to his friends and neighbors as an honest and forthright man, took an ax and hacked his wife and four children to... [4,795 words] (HITS 1789, REVS. 3)
Stars & Stripers by Steven R. Kravsow He was a tiny man with a scrapbook. He'd served as a reporter for Stars & Stripes during World War II. And he was one of the first inside Buchanwald. He carried his scrapbook under his arm and his sto... [1,081 words] (HITS 2367, REVS. 2)
Overcoming Anguish by Sandra Lee Larsen This article began as information concerning child kidnapping, specifically parental kidnapping. There are new laws addressing the issue, and this ugly subject needs broad awareness. My three childr... [863 words] (HITS 2326, REVS. 2)
Tree Hives by Simple Man The story of my impression of my grandmother and events that took place that reminded me that family relationships are seperated like hives living in the same tree of life. [2,076 words] (HITS 564, REVS. 0)
Free To A Good Home by David Roberts The story of our experience with a special dog over a period of years; from our acquisition to his sad passing. [4,832 words] (HITS 692, REVS. 0)
A Cry For Help by Sondra Collard Home alone during the day? A warning from a daytime TV addict... [666 words] (HITS 2146, REVS. 4)
The Little Glass Pitcher by Edith Talmason Biography, personal incident which may be enlarged to become a book. [809 words] (HITS 1831, REVS. 0)
Bass Blood Runs Deep by Linda Marie Brainard This book pertains to the life of Samuel Bass. [16,000 words] [16,000 words] [Download] (HITS 763, REVS. 1)

Musings The Drink!!!
The Lake Leaving Home
When Dolls Talk Modern Fables
Clara Barton


There are 74 title entries on this page.

 

 

Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5
 

Copyright © 1998-2018 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.