Christmas Adventure
Saranekha Saravanan

 

“I told you James I am not going to buy some weird Christmas tree with some reindeer decorations because I am planning to ruin Christmas.” I told my brother. “Talking about liking Christmas, I told you, you are just going to make a Christmas miracle happen every Christmas and always make the family happy with more and more Christmas surprises and I know your just trying to proof that you don’t like Christmas because it is a childish thing. Am I right?” James asked me. “No! I just don’t like Christmas at all and it is because, err………….. It’s always snowing and freezing and errs……….. I don’t like uncle Carry and Bob.” I answered.
“Oh, so you don’t want money and presents, ok! I will tell uncle Carry and Bob. I can have all your presents and pocket money. I think that I can finish your turkey too.” He said “Ok, fine, I just don’t want to sit in the children table with Lucy again and I am a 15 already! And I look stupid in the children table and some more, it’s with Lucy and every year I sit in that table until I was 13 and today Lucy I going to laugh at me when I sit over there with her.” I cried.
“Have you forgotten that you’re sitting in the table for now onwards and joining the big people with turkey? I just said that to scare you! You literally fell for that you know. Ha, Ha, Ha. I like the way when you get scared and please go buy the Christmas tree and decoration,” my brother laughed away as he went to prepare the living room with decorations. I am so shocked when he said that I fell for his trick. He is so mean and I went outside and waited for my friend and her car and we went to the mall to buy some stuff. “So how is the decorations and food going?” she asked and I replied by telling her all about what happened and she was shocked and said that James was very mean. I asked her what she wanted to buy and she was going to shop for new clothes and buy a Christmas tree and I told that I needed one of that too so she decided to buy two Christmas trees and I go buy some new outfits and I know that our size are the same so I went to the clothes sections and bought three cute outfit for Louie and bought three for myself and I purchase them and I went to the car and I waited for Louie. Finally, Louie came two Christmas trees. I drove us back home and went in the house to see a beautiful decoration of reindeer and snowflakes and I loved it. I put the tree in the living room and went upstairs to my room. Called my BFF, and told her that I was ready for Christmas Eve tomorrow and can’t wait for her to come over. She said that she can’t wait too. I put back the phone and went downstairs. I always thought that Christmas was horrible but it was great.
After, at night I heard a sound and I went downstairs to look for it and to my surprise, it was Santa Claus! And I was shocked. I can’t believe my own eyes at all. I felt like I was dreaming and I was screaming inside me. I wanted to talk to him but I secretly went to my room and slept like thinking it was a dream. Then I woke up to the sound of bells and jingles and I found out that it was Christmas Eve and I am so happy. I went to open my present and saw that there were so many presents at the bottom of the tree and I was so happy but then my brother came to me and said that I can’t open them yet because it is only 10:00 and my cousins are not here and I should open it when they come so I went upstairs and took a shower and decided a cute outfit to wear. Then I put on my lip gloss and I went downstairs. I saw all my cousins there with my uncles and aunt and I rushed down to great them. I really can’t wait to open the presents and once my mum allowed me then I opened them with my cousins and I was thrilled that I got a new set of nail polish and a new outfit to try and I rushed to the toilet to try it on. Then my BFF came and I gave her a hug and told her that I had a present for her and she opened it to find a golden necklace and she thanked me and gave me a present and it was a scarf and I loved it too.
Then three boys just came out of nowhere and I asked who were they and my BFF told me that they were her cousins and I was stunned to see them and welcomed them with cookies and some warm milk the first one accepted it the second also did but the third one was a bit rude and I didn’t like it but I still put a smile on my face and went back to the kitchen. Then my friend apologise for what he said and I said that it is ok for him to do that because he is young and today is Christmas and we should forgive and forget the bad things people do to us. Then I heard the three brothers were whispering something and I didn’t care. Then I went in and saw three more presents at the tree and they were for me and I realised that they were from the three brothers and the first one was a new watch and the second one was a bow and arrow and the third one was a card saying ‘You Fool’ and I still happy and accept it and when I went upstairs and I heard some scolding and silence and I didn’t care and I started to like the three of them and I decided to go downstairs and tell them but then the my dog got out of his cage and started running at them and started barking at them and I was so worried that someone might get hurt so I went downstairs and grab my dog and put him back in his cage. I apologise to them and the first and second one smiled but the third one was furious and told his brothers that they should go home and pushed them into the car and their grandfather drove them away. I was sad and decided to apologise to them again tomorrow and I asked my friend were would they be tomorrow and she said that they would be at the park. I went to the park and I searched for them and realised that they were not here yet and I decided to wait by ding some skating on my skateboard on the ramp and I was doing a few stunts when I gang of weird bulldogs came and asked me to give them way so that they could have the ramp all to themselves and I didn’t care and I went to another place and I was skating my way when I saw the brothers at a restaurant working and cleaning for money. I was stunned to see how good they are at the job they were given and I decided to go talk to them but then the third brother came and I was sad to know that he would either get angry at me or do something so I left but then the first brother saw me and ran up to me and I was happy to stop but instead I just skated away and I was thinking on why did I did that and I was sad and went home.
I then realised that I was hungry and I went to the dining room to find a note saying that my mum and dad will back in another one week so I am staying alone in the house and there is some money in my room so I can buy food to eat and I was so happy. I went to the shop to buy pizza and I waited ad when they called my number I went and slipped and the second brother caught me. I was happy to see him and I took my pizza and I sat at his table with his first brother and the third brother. Then they introduce themselves as Dan, Lance and Gou. We were talking and laughing and the third one wasn’t rude after all, he just did that to see whether I am a forgivable person or not. I was so happy and we always play together and talk together and do everything together. I learned karate from them and I thought them kung Fu and we were always happy. I couldn’t believe a better life when a guy came and bullied us from playing together and we punched and kicked him and he ran away and when I was 22 year old I fell in love with the first brother and I wanted to live with him and I wanted told him how I felt and when I went to his house I saw that another family lived there and they said that the person who lived here has moved and I realised that I had talk to them in two years and I went to call his number and we met at the pizza shop and I saw that he had a family with one baby and I was to late and I went home with a broken heart and cried.

 

 

Copyright © 2018 Saranekha Saravanan
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"