Yamato - Episode 7
Nathaniel A Miller

 


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Yamato: The New Adventures� (Sequel to "Final" Yamato in Episode type format)
By Erwin Stevens & N.A Miller

EPS 7 � Future Echoes/Epilogue Part One and Two

The infinity that is space, a world filled with serene light, uncountable stars in the deep darkness and with dying and forming stars abounds with many life forms. Yes, space is alive. The entire universe, our galaxy, and even the many solar systems are filled with many such life forms. They are filled with many that love, aspire and fight in war, and there are others that are peace loving. Many forms of life are in the universe, and they live scattered throughout its cold vastness.


The speck that makes up our Earth is one such place, where wars have come, and have gone, leaving their mark. A solar system named "SOL" resides in a mere corner of the infinity of space, and so does the huge galaxy known as the Milky Way, where the SOL system resides. It is one of seventy such systems located here in the mere tip of this galaxy and in this solar system that nine planets orbit the single life-giving star. Living on the third one, an insignificant body called Earth is an advanced civilization known as human kind.


It is on Earth, a man is dying. Lieutenant Commander Miller of the future lies on the stretcher, barely conscious, but alive, as his transport landed at Central Hospital in a bold new century of the past, three years. The young officer blankly stared up at the sky, as a team of people ran toward him from all sides. Several medical personnel have gathered around him to grab his stretcher, lifting him over to a gurney that would be rushed into the huge white building of Central Hospital. His blood seeped from his tunic, covering the stretcher, his uniform, the Doctor and the medic who struggled to keep him alive. He is a man, a hero of Earth, who had come through the winds of time via a ship from the future to ambush an ambush that would have killed Seth at the memorial in the past. An event that he had prevented from happening and stabilized time as they all knew it.


Now, the officer has an expressionless gaze as he stared up at the blue skies of Earth and then at the sterile white ceilings of the hallway in the hospital. He can feel his life ebbing away from him, and the young officer calmly knew already that he did not have long to live. The first thoughts the officer had, were immediately of friends and family who had died centuries ago. Death, he knew, is enviable now and it did not bother him. He had given his life to protect others at the memorial, saving the Yamato crew, the stasis members with his sacrifice and himself who now worked at the Dry Dock at the EDC Sea Port at this very moment.


Now with that already happened, they now had the officer of the future in the operating theater, preparing to try to save his life in return. They thought it is the officer of the first stasis group, who worked currently at the docks and still did.


"Hang in there, Lieutenant Commander." Nova murmured, "You're going to be alright, we're at the hospital."


Tears filled her eyes and the young officer noted the concerned look on her face as they rushed him down the hallway toward the trauma unit. Nova peered at the young officer whom she had met during the funeral for the second stasis group, not realizing it was clearly not. She had not noticed that he had as full face, his eye restored, thanks to Fallora Platt of the Clouds, and making him completely normal.


"Let me go�" He croaked repeatedly, his voice barely audible and several times, he tried to push the oxygen hoses away before they were taped down by the techs. He even pushed the mask away to breathe. The young officer did not want to live. The last thing he saw was Nova, as she placed the anesthesia mask over his face, preparing him for surgery after he was quickly wheeled into an operating theater.


"Breathe in gently," Nova instructed and he breathed in the gas, restrained from moving. "See you soon. You're in good hands."


"No�" He croaked and darkness fell in around him, as he drifted off to sleep. In the operating theater, Nova stood across from Doctor Sane as they began their work preparing their friend for surgery to patch up the wounds inflicted upon his body.


� "Blood pressure stable, he's asleep." Nova reported, "Iq-9?"


"Oxygen flow normal, carbon dioxide output normal." Reported the robot, and Nova turned her head to meet Doctor Sane's careful examination of the soldier's vital readouts.


“Those readings are so low, I don’t know if that is a good sign or not.� He grumbled, slipping on a pair of gloves from a nearby tray. “Okay, let’s get on with it.�


A steady bleeping sound on the monitor indicated his pulse. Other readouts like O2 intake, C02 and respiration was monitored by the robot as the doctor started his work, cutting into the body of the young officer, a man who was from the future, but also originally from the past two hundred years. Sane held the laser scalpel with a steady hand and turned to the man, who lay on his table, starting his work. Sane was not about to let this officer quit, not on his watch, not at any time.


“Come on.� Sane thought, “You want to live.�


As Sane began cutting on the Lieutenant Commander from the future, an obnoxious beeping sounded that echoed the operating theater and it was, followed by a long tone. Sane looked up in alarm, as did Nova, the vitals indicated he was dead.


"Damn! He’s flat-line!" Sane shouted, "Get me adrenaline and hydro cortisone, five hundred CC. Prepare paddles for resuscitation."


Nurses and the other doctors worked feverishly over him for five minutes trying to revive the young man who had come to save Seth at the memorial. The sounds of electric shock and the thump of his body as it hopped on the table were the only sound in the theater. None of the personnel had said a word, other than the shouted orders of the medications and shots to give the young man to bring him back from the dead. Six minutes had elapsed, and the Lieutenant Commander’s vitals beeped on the monitor. Nova let out a breath of relief that echoed the room.


“Thank…” Nova began to mutter, but a grimace appeared on her face and the others in the room when his vitals stopped again. They started and maintained CPR for the next five minutes. Sane shouted more instructions as he performed CPR, Nova squeezed the oxygen bag and another doctor, working with Doctor Sane, leaned over to inject the necessary chemicals into his IV. They hit him with the paddles again. This time his vitals stayed.


“Pressure stable, and up, Oxygen Levels normal.� IQ-9 reported, “He is asleep.�


“Let’s get cracking.� Sane replied, and quickly he repaired the damage to the officer of the future’s body, inflicted by the fire by the Cybertron. When he was finished, they cleaned up, as the officer of the future's vitals still beeped strongly and he was breathing on his own.


“We’re finished, its up to him now if he lives or dies.� Sane declared, and nodded to the others, “Good work.�


“How long were we in there?� The other doctor murmured, as he took off the gloves, and with shaking hands removed the apron-like surgical gown that he wore around him.


“Six hours, twenty two minutes.� Nova replied with a sigh. She removed the smock and gloves, covered in Nathaniel's blood. She tossed them into a hamper.


“That was rough,� a nurse told the other, “No better work out of Doc Sane. He does fine work.�


“Keep an eye on him, his vitals is going to be rough like that.� Sane scolded, and turned to Nova to smile slightly. He could see her concerned glances to the operating theater center where a young, technically old man now lay battling for his life. He shook his head.


“Don’t look so worried.� He said approvingly, “We did all we could.�


“Yes Doctor Sane.� Nova replied reassuringly, “You didn’t do anything short of a miracle in there.�


“He’s going to be alright.� Sane said determinedly, and walked toward the intercom in the corner located below the observation theater where Commander Mitty McDonald sat riveted as Sane rebuilt the Major from he ground up. He did not amputate or cut corners, he did a total reconstruction to his whole body and Sane realized that it was up to him to live or die now. Just as it had been with many cases he performed during fire aboard the Yamato, so long ago.

  
“How is he, Doctor Sane?� Mitty asked.


“He’s in rocky shape but I think he’ll pull…” Sane started to reply, but suddenly, a loud beeping sound echoed in the air around him. It made the body of the unconscious officer hop on the table, as if it were being subjected to an electrical current, the lights flickered and dimmed as streaks of energy appeared around his body. A strange orange glow appeared around it and there was a scream in the operating theater as everyone jumped back, watching the officer convulse on the table.


“What the hell is going on?� Sane asked, as he stared at the body, glowing brightly orange and it seemed to become transparent. The lights flickered bright to dim. Sane shot a look at the surprised look at Commander McDonald who sat in the operating theater observation booth looking on, and she was on her radio as security appeared at every door of the main round operating theater.


“UGHHHH� the patient groaned, even in his unconscious state, as little by little he became more and more transparent as the winds of time dragged him from this time and into time from which he had come: Into the winds of non-existence itself.


“Sweet Jesus, stay-back everyone.� The assisting surgeon shouted as the glow became bright around the Lieutenant Commander. Sharp arcs of energy appeared from the fluorescent lights repeatedly striking his unconscious body. The room became dark as the lights sparked and popped around the theater. Safety backup lights flashed on moments later, illuminating the room. The soldier who had lain there had vanished without a trace.


“What the hell was that?� Sane said exasperated, “It was like he was never here.�


“I don’t know Doctor Sane.� Nova commented, “IQ-9, analyze please what that was.�


“There is no relevant data Nova.� Iq-9 said, “According to my sensors, however what we witnessed was a tachyon pulse and a mini warp.�


“He was subjected to a mini warp?� Nova asked, “How is that possible?�


“No data.� The robot said, “The pulse opened up a gateway and then faded, taking the officer with him. My speculation is that the officer was from a different stream of time and the winds of time caught up with him, now that he probably finished what he was here for.�


Nova turned to Doctor Sane and she noted the pensive look on his face. She managed a slight smile as she walked toward him and placed a hand on his shoulder.


“You did everything you can Doctor Sane, there was nothing else humanly possibly to be done. He was involved in more than that was beyond our comprehension.� She said reassuringly, “But keep in mind he saved us all at the memorial, and that should count for something. One life for many to him would be a fair trade.�


“I know Nova, I wish I could have done a little more for him than let him go out like that.�


“So true Doctor Sane.� She replied, and turning she glanced at the clock. It read 14:30 hours.


“I am calling the time at 14:30 hours, for time of death.� The other doctor reported, and grimaced at the clock.


Nova suddenly was reminded that by now the others waited for news in the waiting room. Sane eyed her and slowly nodded his head.


“Wait! How can you call it death?� Sane asked suddenly, “The man was living when that happened to him.�


“After that, I don’t think he was living Doctor Sane. There can’t be anyway to be subjected to that.�


“We don’t know that.� Sane replied, “I will say time of death is not the issue here, make it the time of departure.�


“Time of departure�?� Nova asked, and she grimaced.


“We don’t know where he went to, not exactly, but he obviously did not come from here. I am assuming he returned to wherever he came from. When we met him he had a face patch on one side of his face, this person didn’t have that.� The Doctor replied, and here he paused.


Nova gasped, amazed and she suddenly realized she had not noted that about him.


“And God speed Commander.� Sane whispered, as there was silence through the theater, all eyes on the spot where the Major of the future had lain only minutes ago, to disappear before their eyes. Nova had grimly nodded when she heard his whisper.


Little did Nova and even Doctor Sane know was that the stasis personnel, all of them, had come to the hospital to lend support for their friend who had been returned to them after the stranger had saved him from certain death. It had been unlike he knew all along what was happening and had been prepared to give up his life for young Aguilera. He had saved their lives, including Nova’s and it would only be fitting to help him heal with support on the outside. They also came for support of Stethem and Aguilera also who had been wounded too.


Nova had been correct. They had been waiting for several hours, hoping to hear how their comrades, in blood, were doing, and Nova had no idea the Yamato crew had come too to lend moral support with them. Everyone was there and they all claimed the Federal Hospital's largest waiting room.


As young Forrester-Wildstar walked down the hall toward the waiting room, a few minutes later, she is still dressed in her blood-covered uniform heading to where the stasis and Yamato crew wait. As she approached the corner, Nova stopped, peering down the corridor where her husband Derick and Mitty McDonald, aide to General Singleton stood talking.


Nova hung back around the corner from the waiting rooms located near the operating theater, and tried to compose quickly. She tried to keep from weeping, having witnessed a great battle between life and death for the Lieutenant Commander in the operating theater. A man she came to admire, despite the situation that he had successfully defused at the memorial, and the difficulty of success repairing his body by the Doctors of Federal Hospital.


"Oh hell," She murmured, wiping the tears away. "I can't avoid them, but I really can't tell them that he did not make it."


Breathing in, composing herself, Nova walked around the corner. Derick, taking one look at his young wife, had grimaced at the unsightly blood covering her uniform but he moved to her side to embrace her. Her husband’s questioning expression was met by the young woman and when she shook her head, he bowed his head.


“He’s gone Derick.�


"Oh damn�" He murmured, as he held his weeping wife in his arms.


"I thought he would make it." Nova’s husband said, as he glanced at his wife, lifting her chin to place a loving hand on her shoulder.


She told him the strange happening in the operating theater, and he listened with an astonished expression on his face. He shook his head as he held her, reassuring that everything was all right.


Nova's head turned, intently watching the others in the waiting room. They were waiting any word from Doctor Sane who had worked on the strange Major, also their other two friends who he had saved. The stasis crew and the Yamato crew were silent, barely speaking, all concerned for their friend. They did not notice Nova's arrival or as she backed away from the door, meeting her husband's gaze.


"We did what we could." A voice said, and they turned to see Doctor Sane appear from the doorway, still dressed in his bloody scrubs. "We repaired the damage, but it was, way, out of our hands."


Mitty joined them when she saw the couple and she had nodded a greeting to them.


"Doctor Sane, I can't� I-I cannot tell them h-he is� that he did not make it. That he is gone�" Nova whispered, "Please don't make me�"


Sane saw her glancing at the waiting room door, hearing the laughter and chatter there. He shook his head.


"No, Nova, that duty falls upon me. I am the doctor in charge, and I am responsible for reporting life or death to the next of kin or friends. I wish like hell that I had better news to tell them than this. We might have a riot after I tell them, please inform security."


“I definitely agree, Doc.� A voice said.


There was a gasp, and everyone in the hall had turned his or her heads to a rough, looking officer who stood nearby. He is mid height, has slightly graying brown hair, a full beard and he wears a familiar black eye patch over one eye, partially covering an angry-looking scar starting from his forehead that ran to his jaw line on the patched side. The officer is dressed in the familiar blue, dark blue trimmed uniform of the EDC Space Corps, and he has the insignia of a silver cluster marking him as Lieutenant Commander pinned on his collar. He saluted Mitty smartly.


Nova gasped seeing the Lieutenant Commander, and remembered the face of the Major in the operating theater. She intently stared at the Commander in alarm, studying his reaction, or lack of it. Nova had let out a yelp, as did Sane and Mitty.


“Oh my god�! Oh my god�!� Nova said gasping as they all bolted and ran toward the officer to embrace him warmly, staggering him.


He gasped, but managed a thin smile at the reaction and greeting. Nova drew back, her eyes wet and she kissed him warmly on the lips. Mitty kissed him too, still embracing him hard. Derick back slapped him, shaking his hand warmly. Their yelps of question echoed the hallway.


“Jesus, I was just told to come to the Headquarters, and didn’t expect a greeting like that.� He said with minor sarcasm.


“Sweet Jesus, boy�!� Mitty chortled, “We thought you were dead. I am so glad to see you!�


“Wishful thinking…” He replied, “But I am confused, what’s going on?�


“But Commander McDonald, we both saw him in the operating theater.� Nova said, “I don’t understand this, or how this is. Then whom did doctor Sane do surgery? He looked just like the Commander!�


“I don’t know Nova.� Mitty replied, holding the scarred officer in her arms.


“You don’t have a twin brother do you Commander?� Mitty asked, and the scarred officer shook his head.


“I had a brother once, two hundred years ago, but he’s long since gone.� He replied, “We looked nothing alike.�


“Then Lieutenant Commander, you need to see this.� Mitty told the scarred officer, and he nodded, as she turned to a console nearby.


“Computer, replay the security footage, OR � Six.� She ordered, and nodded to the officer. He watched the footage, and the face, gasping.


“What the hell?� The scarred officer had gasped, “Who the hell is that?�


“We thought it was you!� Commander McDonald replied, “I thought you were deader than dead.�


“I am right here.� The scarred officer replied, thinking a moment, he managed a quiet exhale.


He had seen the note sent to him, the video message from himself from the future, and had watched in astonishment at his face and the total message that told him of the plan and plot. He had dismissed it as a gag at first, until General Singleton’s call that brought him here to the hospital. He stood astonished, staring at the face of himself, realizing that it had been no gag, and what he had seen was very real.


“Doctor Sane just got done working on someone who looked just like you in surgery! We thought it was you!� She said, “He disappeared in a strange temporal warp though, in the operating theater.�


 “I was at the dock the whole time, until I got this strange call from General Singleton's office, with orders to high-tail it to the hospital. It was something about assistance on a project of up most importance. That could not have been me, Ms McDonald. But I have something for you to look at.�


He turned, and played the message.


The group gasped loudly as they listened to the explanation, in which the Major of the future stood staring at the camera, and he pointed out each event that had happened at the memorial, and the result from which he had ended up disappearing at the hospital. He told them exactly as the event had played, and what would to come a few weeks in which the mission to Aquarius would happen. They glanced at the Lieutenant Commander who shrugged in silence.


“I didn’t know any of this.� He said, “I am just as flabbergasted as you all are. I thought it was a gag at first, but if that happened, it certainly was real.�


“Time has been changed it seems.� Sane said, “But it doesn’t seem like it but is that possible?�


“It seems so, Doctor Sane.� Mitty replied cautiously, glancing at the scarred officer who was not speaking, but his lips were moving. She studied him and realized he was holding something back.


Mitty was frowning, regarding the officer for a moment. "Wait a minute, to assist on a project of great importance?�


"Here's the order." Nathaniel said, handing her a slip of paper with the printed order that was transmitted to the ship and to the grizzled officer. Mitty quickly scanned it.


"My ship has a long time in dry dock for repairs." He said, “I came to find out what this was all about.�


"Thank you, Lieutenant Commander. That’s what I would like to know…” Mitty started to reply, but her voice faded off as her head snapped toward the empty corridor behind him.


She glanced at the Lieutenant Commander whose attention was focused on the corridor nearby too. He had sensed something very wrong happening at this moment and his eye focused upon the young blond haired woman, dressed in a medical gown, staggering toward the group along the wall from around the corner.


The woman is Denise 'Watts' Watson, who was part of the secondary stasis group, who was presumed dead after a mix up of charts with deceased soldiers, who died during the last war against Earth.


The young woman stared at the group clustered nearby, and swooned. The young Lieutenant Commander bolted and ran toward her like lightning, sliding in, to catch her neatly into his arms as she fainted. He stared at the familiar face before him, one whom he had not seen in a long time, in two hundred years. He fought to get a name, and grimaced when he realized whom she was.


"Denise 'Watts' Watson�" He murmured, "I don't believe it."


 He turned his head to the hallway, where Nova and the others stood by watching the whole event.


"Miss Wildstar, get the medics down here� Get them now." He shouted, holding Denise in his arms and echoing Kirk's words from Star Trek III: The Search for Spock Movie of his century. Wildstar's wife ran to a communicator and hit the alert button. Mitty stared at the young woman in his arms.


A beeping sounded and red lights blinked overhead. Shouts and footsteps responded, as people ran from every direction. Derick, Nova, and Doctor Sane were at his side in a flash. The young Lieutenant Commander held the limp form of Denise in his arms, as a commotion echoed through the hallway. Doctor Sane used smelling salts and brought her back to consciousness. She shook her head in disgust, at the smell.


"Ugh, get that shit out of my face." Denise sputtered, as her eyes opened and she managed to turn her head blearily examining her surroundings. She peered at the many unfamiliar faces standing over her.


"Where am I? W-what's happening to me?" Denise asked.


"Shhh�" Sane soothed, glancing at the people gathered around her.


"Don't talk, you are alright. You are safe and very much alive in the hospital." The doctor told her.


The young woman's eyes focused on Doctor Sane who nodded as he examined her, then to Derick, Nova who smiled at her and then the young Lieutenant Commander who held her. She frowned for a moment, her eyes growing wide as she stared at the scarred face and patched eye of the officer who held her. She yelped and fainted in his arms again.


 There was a momentary pause as Nova, Derick, and Doctor Sane looked at her in surprise then met the young Lieutenant Commander's astonished expression. An amused grin appeared on their faces. A quiet ripple of laughter followed, even from the young officer. He shrugged his shoulders indifferently.


"I guess I must have that effect on people." He told them and the group smiled.


"I guess so, Commander." Nova replied, with a smile, and he met her grin with one of his own.


�"I must have scared her." He muttered, but gave her a quirky half-smile. "Just great, I'm scary looking, but welcome to the twenty-third century, Miss Watson�"


Behind The Lieutenant Commander, Nova and Sane, the other stasis personnel and Yamato crew filled the hallway when they heard the alarms. The stasis personnel gasped loudly when they recognized their comrade in arms, whom they thought was dead, placed on a gurney by the young officer. There were gasps all around, and a low murmur rippled through the stasis group. Medics, technicians, and nurses ran to Denise's side to attend her.


The young officer, who held her, stepped back and let the medical staff do their work after putting her on the gurney. He turned his head to meet the familiar faces of the stasis crew who stood nearby and casually tilted his head slightly, seeing their faces. Here the Lieutenant Commander grinned openly before turning to walk toward Commander Mc Donald who stood nearby.


As he approached the gurney, the young grizzled officer nodded to Doctor Sane and Nova who stood near the gurney containing Denise. The stasis crew and the other Yamato crew had glanced at the unfamiliar officer in the blue/dark blue uniform of the Space Corps, and no one thought any differently about him at first. Amy and Melinda stared at him in silent awe, remembering the memorial, and had gasped loudly as they had recognized the officer.

Melinda bolted followed by Amy, even Amanda and Manual. The dark skinned young woman ran up to him first, embracing him hard, Amy and Amanda to too.


“Nathaniel! Where�? How�?� She gasped, “You aren’t dead�.? How can this be? How can you be here? Where did you�?�


Melinda kissed him passionately, so glad to see him alive and well. When she stepped back, the dark-skinned woman blushed slightly. Amy kissed him on the cheek. Manual bear hugged him.


All their questions assaulted him, on all sides after they emotionally greeted him, their yelps of relief echoing through the hallway. They all paused, turned to peer at the stretcher, remembering their friend.


"How can Denise be alive? I don’t understand…” The young woman headed toward the Doctor, but she felt herself restrained by the strong grip of Angie, who shook her head as Melinda turned her head. Angie smiled as Melinda, Amy, Manual, and Amanda hugged her, her arm in a sling. The young Captain hugged Nathaniel and kissed him passionately.


“Are you alright?� Melinda asked, and Angie nodded.


“I’m alright� it’s been taken care of.� Angie said, smiling, “Hurts like hell though, another scar for my scrapbook.�


“Did you know Denise and Emily are alive?� Melinda asked and Angie shook her head.


“I was at the funeral that Seth gave for them. It was very stirring.� Angie admitted, “I am astonished, but very happy to know they are alive though.�


"How is this possible?" Amy stammered, "She's dead, they told us she was killed in stasis."


“I hope she’s alright.� Manual said, formally, and Amanda nodded her head.


“Angie, you didn’t tell us Nathaniel was alive, either…” Melinda grumbled, “In your stasis project.�


“But if Nathaniel is here, who was it that saved Nova and Seth at the memorial?�


They all turned to the Lieutenant Commander who grimaced, putting up his hand.


“I can tell you that.� He murmured, “But not here.�


“We both were under orders to not disclose our presence to you guys.� She replied, “Per the Headquarters staff, for the moment, but since Denise is now alive and the strange Major from the future brought us here, together it will probably be explained.�


The group met the concerned look of the nurses, technicians and Doctor Sane himself.


"She'll be OK." Sane told Nova, and his gaze met hers for a moment. He noticed Wildstar’s wife pointing at Melinda and the others.


"Oh� yes� quite right." Sane muttered, and he turned to meet Melinda's astonished expression. His look, that he gave her, was hard and in his eyes, they clearly showed his pain and distress over losing his patient.


"Doctor, how is the Major, the one who saved us all at the memorial?" Melinda asked, and the others gathered around him, remembering their avenging angel who had been shot to hell.


At first, Sane did not answer. However, when he did, his voice was sharp, like a doubled edged sword.


"He did not make it. He died after being subjected by a temporal warp that whisked him back to where he belonged. I don’t and can’t explain why the warp happened, but I think this man was from something out of time and space.�


Nathaniel nodded to the doctor and the group turned their head seeing him nod. An astonished silence by both groups followed.


“As I said, I can explain that.� Nathaniel murmured, and he motioned to the group.


"If you will excuse me, I have a life here that needs my help." The doctor's voice had been hard, calm, and his tone had been dead even.


“Seth is alright, by the way, we were able to patch the damage and he is in his room upstairs.� Sane told them, and grinned.


The crew from stasis was absolutely stunned by the news about the Major, the stranger, who they did not know had come through time and space for a friend, who looked like their friend who stood beside them at this very moment.


 As Sane wheeled Denise down the hall, he paused briefly at the corner where Nova and Derick now stood, holding each other. They took a step forward toward him, and the doctor shook his head slightly.


�"Nova, there is nothing you and Wildstar can do here now." Sane said, "Get some rest. I'll let you know if anything happens with this young woman, or if anything changes."


"Doctor Sane, is that one of the people that Seth just buried?" Nova asked and the doctor nodded, after holding their stare for a long moment.


"Yes and the young woman named Emily Montgomery too." Sane said, "They had been brought up from the morgue not long ago, their records had been mixed up with two other soldiers killed in the last raids by the Dinguil."


"My god," Wildstar murmured, "What the hell else, can go wrong?"


"Please keep us up on how things go?" Nova said, and Sane nodded.


"It's amazing isn't?" Sane commented, "These people being put in stasis in the twenty-first century� Using a technology we had to fight against not long ago."


Both Nova and Derick nodded slightly in agreement. They were still stunned, when they had seen what they thought, had been the Lieutenant Commander killed in action but somehow was alive and well, still safe at the docks at his ship, per his orders.


"It is all hard to believe, Doctor Sane." Wildstar replied.


"A strange coincidence for us all, Wildstar� Nova�" Sane replied.


"Doctor Sane, you are needed in Emergency 4." A voice said, announcing it over the intercom above him. Sane nodded slightly when he had heard it.


"Sorry, I have to go. I'll let you know how things go." Sane told them, and he ran down the corridor.


Derick embraced his wife before he took her hand, and they walked down the hallway together. Nova smiled at her friends, as they passed her, and the couple stopped to chat with others, who embraced her. When they were alone, minutes later, she kissed her husband, Derick passionately.


"I have to get out of this uniform, Derick. Can we go by the changing room?" Nova asked, consciously looking down at the blood belonging to the strange Major that stained her uniform. Her husband grimaced at the sight of the dried blood on her uniform and nodded. They walked a short distance down the hall together, and soon ended up outside the changing room. She walked toward the door.


"Wait for me. I'll only be five minutes." He smiled at the young woman, as she disappeared through the door. His bride whom he loved so much and Derick still could not believe he was going to be a father, after almost a year of marriage.


Five minutes later, she walked from the changing room wearing her nurse's uniform and they held hands as they walked toward the exit. She noted the grimace on his face as memories moved through his brain about recent past.


Derick thought of about a half a year ago, when they had all come home on the last mission of Yamato. It had been when they fought the Dinguil, who used Aquarius as a weapon against Earth.


"What's wrong Derick?"


"Nothing," He replied, and he put out his arm, allowing her to take it with a smile. They walked together down the hallway toward the exit.


As for the stasis crew, they left the hospital stunned, returning to the quarters belonging to Amanda, Melinda and Amy. They sat together, laughing and carrying on with the Lieutenant Commander who explained the strange Major from the future and the purpose of a one-way ticket to change time and space. It had all been for Seth and he showed them the video message, detailing the event at the memorial. The group just could not believe this had happened, all of these events happening so fast, and all against a new Cybernetic enemy who threatens Earth.


They stayed together through the night, drinking and carrying on, glad to see each other after two hundred years. All except Angie who knew she was pregnant with Nathaniel's baby, but was holding back to surprise him. They thought of that Major, who had been killed for them. They are unaware that the battle is not over, however, and Earth has to fight against a new enemy that was now being disclosed as they sat in the quarters.


They watched the disk in astonishment as a ship from the future arrives at Sol, bearing bad news for Earth and seeking an alliance at all costs.


Meanwhile, in the middle of deep space, the crew from the Star Cruiser class starship called the SS Magellanic Clouds, inched toward the hulk of the Yamato's bridge. As Felonious floated freely in space, his attention was focused on the scanner in front of him, as the crew began setting up survey drone to inspect the outer integrity of the derelict’s hull. The rest of his crew prepared an airlock and inspection of the super structure for their entry into the remains of the Yamato's bridge section. They all had a lot of work to be done, to examine the derelict for clues, for what had happened here in space.


"Ihsss to Felonious," A voice said over the headset, and the Feline Science Officer turned, looking down to hit the console on the arm of his suit.


"Felonious here," He replied. It was the Captain.


"Is there anything to report?" Ihsss asked, "What is your status."


"We are about to inspect the hull. As I feared, all exit blast points that are visible, are outward from an internal explosion." He said, "Crews report, that the hull and everything seems intact."


"What?" Ihsss asked, "Are you sure?"


"Whatever happened skipper, they blew up their ship." Felonious said, "There are too many signs that self destruction might be a strong possibility of what happened here. Voloxa also reads a higher Tachyon emission here too with some residual radiation."


"Can you determine what it was they were against?" Ihsss asked, "That they would do that?"


"Not at present, but I have found a high concentrate of water, like this ship was immersed in it. The signs are everywhere."


"How can that be?" Ihsss asked, "Could they have been on a planet, you know, on Earth, and the planet destroyed to throw it into deep space?"


"No, but they could have been on Aquarius, or on proximity." Felonious said, "The water seems to have a heavy base to it. We were just about to enter the ship and head to the bridge, to see if we can salvage any of the memory-banks to find out what happened here, even maybe a log."


"Also, I think we have survivors." The Feline Science Officer replied, "I don't know how, but I thought I just saw someone inside. They were wearing a spacesuit with a helmet."


"Survivors�!" Ihsss breathed, and if sound could have traveled, that the echo would have went into space itself. Her bridge crew had turned their heads, looking in astonishment and Ihsss frowned.


"I need someone standing by on the sensors and scanning for human life-signs again. Make sure the scans are outside normal parameters, taking in account for the radiation level surrounding the derelict." Felonious suggested, "I think the radiation has been interfering with the reading with our hand-held scanners. I am unsure how they could be alive. The ship has been out here for a while. I see small damage from meteor hits and other damage on the hull."


"I'll get someone to stand by on your console. You take it easy in there, Felonious. If there are any issues, pull back out of there." Ihsss warned over the COM, as he moved to the airlock outside a main hatch on the derelict.


Stepping into the airlock, he used a hand-held manual opener to open it and the door slid obediently open with no hiss of equalization.


"We have breached the outer airlock." Felonious said, stepping toward the internal one. There was no light beyond. He rubbed the window of the glass, shining his light through it.


"No power, no atmosphere, there was no equalization of a nitrogen oxygen atmosphere here." He muttered, "Scanners indicate pure vacuum, and the radiation seems to be increasing."


"Circle of three." He ordered, and nodding the crew had their backs to each other with weapons drawn. Voloxa hit the opener and the hatch opened, and again there was no equalization pressure. The hatch behind them had closed. The insect-like engineer stood beside him, inspecting the couplings and the displays.


"Voloxa here, Captain." He said, "Engineering report, this place is a bloody mess." He grumbled, "As Felonious said there is no internal power and the corridor is half obliterated from the inside out. It looks like it had its guts blown out of her."


"That's for sure." Felonious murmured.


"We're in the ship and making our way down a small hallway. There is no power, or what appears to be an engineering section to produce power, but I am going to see if there is a battery room. Perhaps to see if we can get the emergency lighting to work."


Voloxa reached out and flipped the switches on a control panel that he opened nearest to him. He took out his tools and began working.


"According to the scanners, there seems to be more moisture here skipper." Felonious added, "I see a water line on the internal bulkhead of the ship, as well as scars of our so-called blast that ripped through this thing."


"We see it too." Ihsss replied, staring at the screen at the science console, watching their progress through the derelict.


With everyone's weapon drawn, Felonious, and his team came to the main corridor of the ship. Nodding and motioning with his hand, two went either direction. The young feline officer took the main corridor, approaching open doors leading into a long dark corridor. Felonious led with his weapon, shining his light in the each doorway, illuminating the room to check it before walking further down the corridor.


"There is a lot of damage here. A bulkhead here looks like it seems to be shattered by Felonious' explosion. What is left of what appears to have been a hatch here, but the room itself is empty." A crew member said.


"Use your scanners and stay alert." Felonious ordered over the static filled COM link. He left it open so the crew on the Clouds could hear. He switched the camera on his suit to the on position. It beeped accusingly at him as it initialized and then showed a picture of the surroundings from the Feline Science Officer's point of view.


He glanced down at the hand held scanner as he moved through the pitch-black corridors, and the only light being that from the one in his suit, moving it back and forth. The feline officer passed closed hatches and others that had been blown apart, others partially open. Here, he looked in one and there was a door beyond. Walking, half-floating, Felonious made his way down the corridor and stopped before a hole in the floor.


"Are you getting this?" Felonious asked, and on the bridge, Ihsss T'Larra stared in surprise at the jagged hole and fused metal. She had gasped, like the others, on the bridge of the Star Cruiser Class Starship. They peered at the view screen and the picture of a hole in the floor the bulkhead. They all guessed this was the results of the internal explosion, melting and fusing the floor of the bulkhead with excess heat.


"We're getting it." Ihsss said, "Pan right for a second."


 On the derelict, Felonious complied and there was a hatch nearby. "Shine next to that hatch."


The light on his suit banished the shadows and clearly, there was the label that was half obliterated on it. 'Qu_te_rs, M__K V_n_t__e.'


He stood in front of the door that was half-open, showing the interior of the room. The feline officer crept toward the door and forced it aside, peering into the room. The room was empty except for a few things, including an unsent letter left on the desk in the room and a photo of a young man in a white uniform and a younger man together.


Felonious collected the picture, the letter and put them both in an envelope. He pulled open the drawer and uniforms lay neatly in it, as if the occupant was going to return at any moment. The feline Science Officer grimaced as he returned to the corridor.


In another part of the ship, inside a corridor like the rest of his shipmates, that Tyr'Ven walked down and explored the ship as the others. As he walked with two of his shipmates toward another junction, he panned the flashlight around the passage, examining each room and the damage that had been everywhere thus far. Turning his light he thought he saw the flash of red, like that of an indicator light. When he shined the light, there was nothing there.


Meanwhile, the insect-like engineer floated down a nearby access corridor, and toward an opening in the bulkhead. His light shined on a nearby sign 'Bridge Elevator three,' Voloxa read the sign aloud as he half turned to the crewmembers that held their weapons ready. Poking his head through the door, he peered up the shaft and saw nothing but darkness and down to see the tangle of debris of the lift that had fallen into the shaft.


"Mind the corridors." Ordered the Engineer and here he found another panel that was half shattered. Voloxa opened the toolbox, and he spliced several wires that hung freely through and from the metal panel.


"Let see if we can get some of the lights working in this section." He said after a moment, flipping the switch on the panel. A low light flickered for a second and a low light illuminated the floor. The insect engineer turned abruptly, when he thought he had seen motion, and his compound eyes showed some emotion when he peered at the ghostly form of a figure, dressed in a space suit, standing before him. The space-suited figure turned the corner and disappeared through a bulkhead.


"Did you see that?" Voloxa stammered. He turned to the crew who were beside him. They looked at him in silence.


"No, sir, what did you see?"


"There is someone here." He rasped, "Weapons on heavy stun. Don't take any chances."


Voloxa moved down the bulkhead further, and his compound eyes narrowed when he saw something that he did not understand. A lone ghostly figure floated freely down the hallway, but as he raised the weapon, it disappeared. On the other side, cutting through a different room and up a level, Felonious moved down a hallway above with the two shipmates who were with him.


"Felonious." Voloxa said, his voice shaken.


"Go ahead Vol." Felonious replied, "How are things going."


"Power is going to be restored here in a second. I don't know how much life the batteries have in them, but I found it with no problems," Voloxa reported, "But on another note, I think you're right. I just saw something that may be constituted as strange."


"What?"


"I just saw a space suited figure." Voloxa said, "You said, no life signs?"


"I am not sure now." Felonious said, "My hand held scanner is in perfect adjustment, and I think it's the radiation. I have nothing here."


"I am at bulkhead A-41, what appears to be life sciences lab and a medical section." Voloxa said, and he nodded to the crew as they opened each hatch.


"I am going to start searching for survivors." He said, "I sent one member of my party below to find the sick bay and morgue, to see if there were any bodies aboard."


"Can't be, the ship seems abandoned." A voice said, and Felonious recognized it as Hxar's, "If they were killed, where's the bodies? Bodies in a vacuum don't decompose as fast."


"Well yes, but still the ship appears to have no half cups of coffee or anything that would indicate they were not ready for it." Voloxa countered, "I'm wondering if they abandoned ship and it had been set automated for self-destruct."


"Well, that is one thing to find out, once we locate and find the way to the ship's bridge." Felonious replied. He then turned to the corridor ahead


�"Xner come in please� report!"


"Something is wrong." Felonious said.


"T'Ver." He said, "Report."


"T'Ver here," A voice said, "Nothing to report, Commander. Come three up on the staircase, bulkhead C-3. You are not going to believe this."


"Copy that." Felonious said, and a while later, the feline Science Officer’s team arrived at the staircase, as well as Voloxa and a few of his team.


They shined the light inside the room.


The feline Science Officer peered into the room, and saw the strange bluish glow on the floor. He stared at the scanner in his hand. Voloxa's compound eyes widened when he saw the glow too.


"There seems to be a bit of gravity here." He declared, "And I am reading that the glowing substance is water. That's really weird. Why has it not broken into droplets of its consistent elements in the vacuum and why is it glowing like that. It should be the elements or ice by now."


What they saw is the remains of the water of Aquarius that had flooded the ship.


"Xner to Felonious," A voice said, and the feline officer looked up.


"Where were you Xner?" He said, "We were concerned."


"I managed to go down a few levels, it's like a bulkhead hell here, but I found what is left of the medical department. I found the morgue and there are no bodies here. There are signs though, blood stains on a couple of the slabs. Otherwise it appears to be deserted."


Felonious gasped, as did Ihsss on the Clouds.


"So where did the bodies and or the people go" Ihsss asked, "Were they possibly sucked out, when the explosion breached the hull?"


"They might have transferred the dead to another ship too." Felonious suggested, "Families right to bury their kinfolk."


"I think our best bet is to find what we need on the bridge. Xerc, get up here, wait did you find Engineering?"


�"What's left of it Commander," Replied the voice, "I found the hatchway, and I can, at this point, see off into space. The bulkhead is partially blocked, but I can see over one hundred meters past it. The whole aft section appears to be missing."


"Okay, get up back up here." Felonious ordered.


"Commander�!" A voice stammered, through the crackle of static.


"F'Meher?" Felonious asked.


"…I am at the main bri� I think we�" The COM crackled.


"Where are you?" Felonious yelled.


"Main brid� Bulkhead B�2�" A moment later, the COM went dead.


"Let's go!" Felonious said, charging through the corridors and up any ladders he found and or any stairs. When they found deck B, they charged down the hallway, and they found the members of their crew on the deck. The spacesuit face plate was shattered, and the body exploded inside it. The feline officer grunted. He turned to the hatchway of the bridge and leaned down to pick up the crew member's weapon.


"All internal search teams, if you can hear me� get back up here." Felonious said, "All crew members, yellow alert. Internal search teams, report immediately back to the bridge hatchway."


"On my way�" A voice said.


"Acknowledged�" Another voice replied.


"Gotcha�"


"What's happening over there?" Ihsss asked, as the COM crackled.


"Felonious!" She exclaimed, sitting in her chair on the bridge, but there was only silence. On the derelict, the feline science officer stared at his team as they gathered at the emergency stairs hatch that would lead to the bridge.


"Captain�" Voloxa asked, "Clouds�?"


He turned to the science officer.


"It appears communications are out Felonious."


"Yes." replied the Science Officer, hitting the buttons of his suit, "Okay, team two, take the hatch on the other side, team one follow me and be careful."


"There is a bit more radiation here." A crew member said, "It's within limits."


Slowly, Felonious climbed the stairs, followed by his group, and when they reached the sliding doors, they paused with their weapons drawn.


"There is some more gravity here, and the oxygen nitrogen atmosphere here too." Xner muttered, staring at the scanner.


"Set weapons on stun. Put up the portable airlock." The hatch was setup with an airlock and the four space suited figures stepped in. A hiss sounded, and pressure was equalized. Voloxa jury-rigged the control to the hatch and it abruptly opened. The four-held position with their weapons around the hatch and the others came in.


"Steady." Felonious warned, as they all walked in to the bridge with their weapons ready, and checked every chair.


"Fan out." Felonious ordered, and the crew dispersed.


"It's empty." Felonious grumbled after a moment, and he saw one point at the center console. The whole group spun around, pointing the weapon at the center section, when seeing the body of Avatar sitting in the chair. His body had been preserved perfectly by the vacuum of space, and the low-level atmosphere had not decomposed his body.


"Felonious to Clouds," The feline Science Officer said, but there was nothing but static.


"There is high radiation is in this area and it is interfering with communications." T'Ver reported, "It is within safety limits for our limited exposure."


Sitting on the bridge of the Clouds, Ihsss T'Larra was chewing at the bit as she sat helpless, sending a security team to the derelict because of the silent boarding party.


"What is going on over there?" Ihsss asked, and glanced at Hi'Mthsss who shook her head.


  On the derelict, Veloxa held his weapon ready on the body, his compound eyes watchful for anything to happen on the bridge. Felonious turned his furry head at the two other members of the group on either side of the body, their weapons drawn. His golden eyes scanned the bridge, and he stepped carefully forward toward the seated body. One of the technicians held the scanner over the body, and he took vitals of this strange form.


"No life signs, but appears to be humanoid-like," The tech said, as he used one of the devices, touching it at the temple of Avatar.


"Alright, keep your eyes open." Felonious said, and he slowly turned with scanner in hand. "Voloxa, is it possible to get these consoles to operate?"


"We can try, Commander." Voloxa said, glancing at the antiquated equipment, even in their time. He set to work, putting up a power converter and generator. Opening the panel, he found wires and he began splicing them.


"There is a lot of damage here. We might be able to make it work though." Voloxa grunted, hooking up the wires. Looking up, the feline officer saw the hatch above the body of Avatar.


"You, keep guard on that body." Felonious warned, pointing at a guard, "Keep your weapon trained at it. We lost two of our crewmates to something strange happening here."


Turning, he nodded to the crew person who stood at the window, who withdrew a laser beacon. As the crew member flashed it, it sent a signal to their ship hovering nearby and on the bridge of the Star Cruiser, there was a cheer.


"Contact established Commander." Reported the crew member, "Sending coded message now of our findings."


Felonious nodded, as Voloxa worked quickly, and after a moment, he flipped the switch as the consoles lit up, blinking and beeping. Outside, they had no idea that a second team had been sent over to the derelict. They entered in force, entering the ship and had fanned out to search the relic. Several headed to the bridge, posting sentries to make a path through the half-shattered ship. They entered the airlock, and the soon entered the bridge.


"We found them." The young humanoid said, “Relay to the Clouds.�


Felonious turned to see Kwai enter the bridge with a couple of security personnel.


"Kwai�." Felonious gasped, and he turned to the young humanoid.


"We're ready." Voloxa said, as he sat at the system, and he began typing in at the keyboard.


"The memory units are seriously damaged, Commander." The insect-like engineer said, as his assistant worked at the science station, Sandor's station.


"Proceed."


"What's going on?" Kwai asked, turning as she saw the body on-board.


"We need to get that body out of here and back to the ship for analysis." Felonious said. "We have things running here, and are about to find out soon enough what happened to the derelict. There is also someone here, I think, and he has killed two of our crewmembers."


"I have security sentries posted."


"Good, but we need to get everyone out of here." Felonious ordered. "Start with the downed crew members and all non-essential personnel to return to the ship at once. Also move the body there to put into a stasis container for movement back to the ship�"


"Aye," Kwai replied, nodding to the two troopers next to her and they went to the body. Gently, they picked up the limp form of Avatar. There was no rigor, and hardly any decomposition.


A few minutes later, a sealed stasis chamber had been sent for from the Star Cruiser and less than thirty minutes later the body had been passed down and placed in the airlock. The body of Avatar was put into the container and removed.


Outside, as Ihsss saw the space suited figures float away from the derelict, she identified several of her crew who had been killed while on the derelict. Except one, who had been placed in a stasis chamber, as requested by Felonious, her science officer. Captain T’Larra had gasped when he had made the request. They had found a human body per the report given to her by the Science Officer. As the stasis chamber floated between the two-space suited figures, they approached the ship. All eyes, by the bridge crew, were on the view screen.


"Zoom in." Ihsss said, curious of what her feline Science Officer had found. Veloxa clicked on the zoom and on the screen, the stasis chamber was clearly shown close up.


"Hmm, it appears to be an officer." Ihsss said, and turning she nodded to her daughter.


"Doctor Platt, to Airlock Four," Hi'Mthsss said, and she and Ihsss both left the bridge, in a hurry, a few minutes later. They had found a Hero of Earth.


However, back on Earth, at the same moment, Denise Watson opened her eyes in the room and focused upon the sterilized interior of the darkened room. As the young woman lay in the room, she managed a groan, feeling nauseated as her eyes fluttered to slowly open. Her eyes focused upon the white ceiling above her, and turning her head, she squinted at the darkened room where she had been for the last two months, before staggering blindly into the hallway.


Her gaze fell upon the room from which she and Emily now lay across from each other. She immediately recognized as a room found in any typical hospital, with sanitary white walls, beds, and the heavy drapes that cover the window. A room, she deduced having been a hospital room, because of the septic smells and background noise she could hear in the hallway outside.


Denise wondered where she was, this place was not what she expected or remembered visiting on the base in San Francisco. Slowly her head turned, catching the movement from the corner of her eye, and her eyes focused upon a nurse standing nearby.


"Nurse�" She croaked, realizing she had no voice.


"Nurse�!" She repeated. Her voice was a mere strained whisper. Astonished, the nurse turned and exhaled quietly before rushing to her side.


The nurse, Major Matilda Downing, an older woman with black hair, a barrel shaped figure and a semi-unattractive face was at her side in a flash. She assessed the situation quickly.


�"Oh my god� Doctor Sane�!" She shouted, turning to the intercom. She hit the button with a shaking hand. "Doctor Sane come quickly! Room three forty five,"


 Her hand slammed the red alert button that flashed lights and a klaxon throughout the ward. Footsteps followed as the doctor arrived on the run, followed by couple of the other nurses.


"Where am I?" Denise croaked, staring at the unfamiliar faces around her, “Who are you people?"


 Doctor Sane shushed her. He turned his head when he heard the murmur of her roommate, her fellow stasis member in the bed across from her.


"You are in Federal Hospital." He told her, as he checked her charts. "My name is Doctor Sane. I am your doctor."


Sane paused, glancing at her vitals as he ran them on the instrument in his hand,


"It appears you are just coming out of unconsciousness from your stasis project again. Just relax."


Sane paused as he grimaced at the device screen.


"How do you both feel?" He asked neutrally as he examined Denise first then moved to Emily's side.


�"A little nausea," Denise replied, "Feel like hell."


"Ditto," Emily added and put her hand on the bridge of her nose. Sane carefully began to examine her, nodding slightly.


"Just relax, just a little exam." He told them, pulling out a stethoscope and placed it against her chest after warming it. He listened to her heart.


"Breathe." He instructed and the young blond haired woman complied. He crossed the room to do the same thing to Emily. Sane hit a switch and a panel lit up beside him, the panel showed their vital readouts. He turned to them, meeting their expressions with a large grin.


"You both are in fair shape, considering the unusual circumstances." He began, and both of the young women turned to regard the doctor with a look of confusion.


�"You both currently are suffering from hibernation sickness. It is not common to have this even after an unusual extended period in cryogenic stasis. You both will recover in time."


"An unusually long time in stasis?" repeated Denise, “What does that mean, it's only been five years right?"


He shook his head silently, amazed by her question.


"Hardly that young miss." Sane replied, and smiled before he spoke again.


"I suggest you not worry." He told them, "Rest assured, you both are safe, and please do not fret. I can bet you both have many questions right now on what happened and where you are. We can take them one at a time."


He turned to the one nurse and nodded. Nurse Downing walked to the nearby intercom.


"Have a couple of security personnel come to Federal Hospital please, Room three forty five." She said and her hand hit the switch, before turning back to assist Emily in her bed.


Both women, of the past, were confused by the people around them and nothing seemed familiar to them. Denise did not remember a hospital like this in the city, a sterile, futuristic hospital that is technological for the time.


"If I may permit some introductions," Sane said, managing a grin, "May I introduce Nurse Kelly, Nurse Yakima, and Head Nurse Downing."


He motioned to each as he introduced them.


"You both are lucky to be alive and if you need anything they will be happy to help." Sane continued. "I suggest you rest, you both have been through a lot."


He motioned to the head nurse, and whispered to her quickly.


�"Call the Headquarters staff and let them immediately know that there are two more members of stasis from the twentieth century who have awakened. We need to debrief them as soon as possible. Also keep this under raps, and pass to security everyone now has restricted access to them." Sane whispered, "When HQ responds, let them in."


Denise lay back, overhearing the instructions by Doctor Sane.


"So we’re under arrest?" Denise demanded, as five minutes elapsed, before two security personnel arrived and took post outside. Doctor Sane turned to shake his head at her in wonder.


"No. You're our guests, and expect, Miss Watson that you and Miss Montgomery will be dealt with soon enough."


Sane met the expression they gave him with a quiet gasp and he quickly shook his head.


"Oh no, relax� in a good way�" He told her, "Relax� It will be the official welcome wagon around here."


Here, Sane paused.


"It is an honor to make your acquaintance despite the circumstances."


Now, both of them wore utter confused expressions on their faces, and turned their heads to the open curtain from which the bright light spilled in. They suddenly realized the Doctor was not joking, being very serious. The nurses raised them both to a sitting position and they stared at the window after the young nurses had opened the curtains, allowing the bright light to spill into the room.


Outside, they saw the futuristic buildings, and the two women had gasped openly at the sight. They suddenly realized something was definitely amiss.


"Uh doc," Denise began, "Can I ask what year it is? It should be two thousand and three right?"


"Yes, please, what year is it?" Emily asked, agreeing with Denise with a nod.


"Well, that's a good way to start." He said, "And to answer that question�"


He cast a look at the window and the open curtain. He shot an annoyed look at the young nurse and over to the Major. Sane cleared his throat.


"…um …well if the data holds up of what I have read from the records recovered with your chambers and the information stored in your chambers when examined." He started, shaking his head in wonder, "By the calendar, as you would know it, uh� it is the latter part of the twenty-third century."


"The twenty-third century�!" Both Denise and Emily exclaimed together, both amazed by the information given to them.


"Yes, It is the year twenty-two oh eight, about mid-September." Sane told them, "It has been about two centuries from your being placed into stasis."


"What happened, why were we left in stasis so long?"


"That, Miss Watson, is a good question and we are trying to access the computer systems of your chambers to find out." Sane told her, "You both are miracles of modern science. Even our best techs are perplexed how you both withstood so long in stasis. By all rights, you and your party should have been dead a few centuries ago."


He managed a grin and a slight nod.


"There is something called a black box, in your century it was a flight recorder that recorded everything that happened in your chamber. They found that box right now to find out more of what happened."


"Yes, it was used in my century for airliner flights and space flights." Denise prompted making the Doctor nod formally.


"Well according to the data, it was also used to document everything happening in your chamber, where your stasis chambers were located, etcetera." He said, "We located it and it corroborates an event that destroyed the chamber. We have seen a lot of that damage also, and a few bones from bodies that were probably in the room."


Denise closed her eyes for a moment, taking in the information before opening them. She met the Doctor's serious expression.


"Is this for real?" Denise demanded, "Who are you really."


"I told you." Sane shot back, "I am your doctor, who is telling you to rest."


An eerie whistle echoed through the room, and the Doctor grimaced. He raised his hand to the young women.


“Nurse Yamazuki to Doctor Sane…” A female voice said.


“Sane here…” He replied, having walked to the communicator.


“Headquarters is on line two.� The female voice said and he grinned.


“Acknowledged�"


Sane turned to the young patients in the beds.


"Excuse me. I have a call from Headquarters with instructions." He said, "Get some rest. I'll be back in a few minutes."


Both he and the nurse departed, and slowly Denise sat up. The young woman fought down the nausea and swung her legs to the side of the bed. Slowly, she managed to scoot forward until her feet touched the cold floor. Swooning, the blond haired young woman stood up, catching herself on the bed. Glancing down she examined her thin body before grabbing a nearby cotton robe, to cover her nudity. Wavering, she staggered to the window, and caught herself on the windowsill jam.


Denise stared outside at the futuristic buildings that sprawled out before her, looking down upon the hustle and bustle below. An astonished expression appeared on her face as she turned her head back and forth at the spectacular sight of Federal City that lay out before her, in its futuristic splendor. Denise found herself amazed by the sight.


"Oh my god," Denise murmured, "Emily, we're in BIG trouble."


"What?" Emily replied, sitting up and she swooned slightly.


"Come here. Check this out." Denise instructed. Emily rose from the bed, swooning as she sat on the bed. She did the same method as Denise, putting her feet on the cold tiled floor and rose up slowly. Miss Montgomery grabbed a nearby robe, and staggered toward the window catching the jam, with a firm hand to steady from falling. Both of them glanced at each other.


"Whoa!" The young woman gasped, as their eyes panned back and forth to the outside. They stared at the futuristic city where they had landed in astonished silence.


"I totally agree wholeheartedly." Denise replied with a grin, "This is totally amazing."


 For quite a while, Denise and Emily panned a long, examining, look below at the grounds of Federal Hospital. Specifically, their gazes were on the many people, dressed in the strange uniforms they saw several times today. The guards, posted outside, a couple of the nurses and the people who had been with the Doctor had all worn the unfamiliar uniforms.


Ms. Watson shook her head in an astonished silence and stood watching the outside carefully, still wondering if this was a dream. Emily was thinking the same thing.


"It's unreal." Denise said, "This has to be a dream, but by the look of things it cannot be the twentieth century, or even the twenty-first century."


"That is because it is not, and you're here. You are both displaced out of time and place." A voice said, and behind her, a young woman walked in. It was Commander Mitty McDonald, Aide to General Singleton and the Earth Defense Command.


 Denise and Emily turned when they heard the voice, both remaining standing beside the window as they met the surprised look of the young officer. The first thing they noted was the unfamiliar uniform, a fine cut blue and black uniform, with a high collar. The stasis members noted the gold cluster collar pin, marking her as a Commander, even in the current day military. The pair also spied the gold braid in on her uniform marking her as an aide for the general staff. Both stasis members were both startled how young she is, and are certainly surprised that someone her age held the job she did.


Likewise, Mitty had been just as startled to realize that the two young women were part of the stasis team, and are equally as young as she was. Commander McDonald had expected two older persons, when the project was explained to her, and was told they were over two hundred years old. She had not known what they looked like, anything much about them, or how attractive they were despite their true age. She cleared her throat quietly.


"I'm Commander Mitty McDonald." She said, "I am your liaison for the Earth Defense Commander's Office."


"The Earth Defense Office�? What's that, the military?" Denise asked, and glanced at Emily.


"If you consider it to be military, then it surely is." The Commander replied, as she met the two unfamiliar faces.


"You're awfully young to be an officer." Emily commented, and the young woman managed the flash of a smile.


"Thank you." Mitty murmured, before clearing her throat, and grimacing as her face flushed a tiny bit.


She had not been prepared for the compliment.


�"Well, I am here to debrief you both, as we did your friends." She began, "What this will entail that our little jam session here will partially help me find out some information about you. Just a little until we can schedule a meeting before the board with the Earth Defense Commander, General Charles Singleton. It will just bring you up to speed what is happening in the century in which you have now arrived."


The young woman quickly explained the procedure to them. They would both be interviewed here, informally, and in the next four weeks, if they were well enough, be escorted to the EDC Commander's office for a meeting. All three sat around the room, jamming, as they answered the young Commander's questions and she answered Denise and Emily's questions.


"What are you doing out of bed!" A shout said, interrupting the trio, and all three turned to meet the grizzled expression of the nurse that Mitty recognized as Nurse Downing.


�"Get back in bed right now."


"It's alright, Major Downing." McDonald said, "I am here. Please don't let anyone else in here till we are through."


"Oh. Aye, Commander," Grumbled the older nurse, and moved to the exit.


"Can I ask what happened to our families?" Emily asked.


“I was supposed to come home after stasis, and with my new husband, who I was going to marry after stasis too.� Emily said, making Denise gasp.


“You were going to marry Seth?� Denise asked, as Emily nodded. “You didn’t tell me that!�


“We were planning on it.� Emily replied, “I probably won’t see him again, he really was hurt bad.�


"As for your families and the fates of each of them, we are working on that, to help you find out what happened to them." Mitty paused and nodded her head.


"Many records have been lost from the times before that, because of the planet bombings latter of the last century, so we have very little knowledge of what happened. All we have was stored in the great vault with your chambers but even that was not much."


"There was a holocaust?" Denise asked and Mitty nodded again.


"Yes. Earth has been at war, off and on, for the last eight years or so. Mostly it has been enemies from space, and hostile races." Commander McDonald replied, "Earth has almost been decimated by radiation bombing once, and has endured many attacks."


Both Denise and Emily gasped loudly, hearing this information.


"Attacks from outer space, oh come now, that's a bit corny don’t you think?" Emily said with a chuckle, "That's very hard to believe, like us being in a new century."


“Well I grant you that. It would be out of your century's Science Fiction, but it turned out to really happen, quite unexpectedly.� The Commander said with a smile, “But you are here, and we are speaking. It is the time that was said, you can trust and believe that.�


Mitty paused, glancing at chronometer on her wrist. She turned her head. "Don't worry, we will give you access to our knowledge base and let the two of you do some catch up learning. So you both can be brought up to speed quickly in our century. Once you read about it, you will understand what Earth has endured for two hundred years."


"Strange, your friends were the same way." The Commander murmured, with an amused tone, and the young women perked up.


"Oh yes, who was left of the group and can we see them? Please?" asked Denise and the young woman regarded her for a second before she nodded her head. Emily grinned happily, knowing that they were not alone in a new place or isolated as only survivors.


"Let’s see." Mitty mused, pulling out the pocket computer, and she punched a few buttons. "Three females, two males, It appears you have five shipmates who are still living and were recovered from the chambers."


"Who though� Which ones�?"


“Us�!� A shout said, as Amy, Melinda, Amanda, Manual ran into the room, and they stood in front of them. Denise gasped, and ran toward them, embracing each one, not bashful by her partial nudity in the robe she wore. Emily also embraced them, as there was chatter throughout the room.


Sane and McDonald stepped back grinning as they saw the touching reunion of old friends, reminded of the Star force, which had gone out on many battles to save Earth.


“Mind if I come in?� Seth asked, clad in a robe, walking with a cane. Emily turned, gasped, and ran to embrace him warmly, kissing passionately, hungrily. He held her warmly, kissing her back. They held it over five minutes. The others clustered around Seth, greeting him warmly with hugs, tears, handshakes and confused chatter. When the couple broke they peered into each other’s eyes.


“Seth is that you?� Emily whispered, “My dearest love.�


“It is me, Em.� He replied, holding his young love a long time, peering into her eyes, hungrily, fighting back the tears of astonishment and emotion that overwhelmed him.


“You’re still hurt!� She exclaimed, and he shrugged.


“It’s a scratch.� Seth replied, waving a hand, “I was wearing body armor of the day at the memorial and it saved me from being hurt more than I was.�


Emily held him, and smiled warmly, astonished to see him here, as he was for her. Seth had thought he had buried these two young women a few months ago, putting them to rest and not knowing they had survived.


A low chatter echoed through the room as Emily and Seth both peered lovingly into each other’s eyes.


“H-how can you be alive?� Seth asked, “You were killed with Denise and I buried you at Hero’s Hill.�


“They mixed up our records with others from a previous war and when we came into Central Hospital and were switched. If it wasn’t for a savvy tech, seeing our moving hands, we’d be embalmed or cremated by now.�


“I am so glad to see you, and happy you are alive.� He said, holding her warmly, “If it wasn’t for a stranger I’d be dead too.�


She peered at Seth in amazement and glanced at Sane who nodded his head.


“He’s right, that stranger died saving you and Nova Forrester-Wildstar of the Star Force but he disappeared in a temporal warp while in surgery. We don’t understand why or how though.� Sane told them. Amy, Melinda, even Seth had nodded.


“I never got a chance to thank him,� Seth murmured, and shook his head in silence.


“In any case, both of you, welcome to the…” He started to say.


“The twenty-third century…” They chimed in and Seth looked at them in amazement, “You already knew?�


“Thanks to Doctor Sane, but I am still confused, what the hell happened? How did we get here so far into the future?�


“It seems we all were left in stasis longer than proposed, due to a malfunction and terrorist bomb that decimated the chamber.� Melinda replied, “According to the black box and records the EDC did find in the vault the project was scrapped due to two losses of two teams. They apparently didn’t know that a few of you survived the initial explosion.�


“Oh� so that’s why…” Emily said wearily, “So what happens to us?�


“Yea, we are stuck in a new century with nothing.� Denise added, “I hope we can at least have a normal life, and maybe be a part of this place. If there is something we can do around here to get back into the swing of things.�


“That is dependent on you all.� Mitty replied, “We will require you to be sent to the Space Academy to bring you all up to speed, to at least conform to military life, and our social standards. We welcome you into the military if you want to join the EDC...�


“Excellent.� Amy replied, “I’m in for that, Commander McDonald, count me in.�


“I’m in for that too.� Melinda said.


“Us too…” Manual replied, taking up the hand of Amanda in his, putting a loving arm around her.


“Hell yeah.� Denise chimed in, “Since we really have no where to go on Earth, or go home to, might as well continue on what we were doing.�


“We’re back!� Emily breathed, and Denise nodded.


“All except for you, Seth and the Sergeant Major though, your training will be done while you are in the field.� Mitty told them, “Your orders came through for your combat assignment off planet. Starting in the next two weeks, training is at sixteen hundred, on Wednesday...�


“You guys are being assigned?� Emily gasped, and Seth nodded.


“We have a mission and a date to kick robotic ass who started this mess.� Seth grumbled, “Almost killed me, and Nova, paybacks are gonna be a bitch.�


Amanda glanced at Manual, a frown on her face.


“Don’t forget us too…” A voice rumbled, and they turned to see Angie Stethem and Lieutenant Command Miller standing in the door. Mitty gasped seeing them together.


Both were smiling as Mitty greeted them with a nod.


“The party has just begun.� She told the couple and they stepped into the room.


“Angie.� Melinda breathed, and Amy smiled as did Manual and Amanda. They moved toward them, embracing her warmly and the young grizzled Commander next to her. Turning, the group saw Denise and Emily narrow their eyes, and heard young Watson gasp very loudly.


“No WAY!� Denise shouted as she ran to embrace Captain Stethem. “Angie Stethem! I can't believe it!�


“You better believe it.� Angie said, peering at her classmate, misty eyed to see them here in this century. Emily greeted the young Captain too but both turned their heads to regard the officer who stood beside here, holding back and fighting a grin of his own. Both Emily and Denise were very surprised to see the young man beside her, a face that was scarred by battle.


Their chatter continued with the group, but Miss Montgomery and Miss Watson continued to glance at the officer.


“So who is this young man?� Denise asked, and Angie smiled at them, glancing at her new husband. Both Miss Watson and Montgomery peered at the young officer beside her, and grimaced at the complex scar that ran forehead to his chin, across his left eye. He held Angie's arm warmly, making for a handsome couple.


“Emily, and Denise, before I go any further, I’d like you to meet someone.� Angie said. “May I present my new husband, Nathaniel.�


Melinda, Amy, Amanda, Manual all gasped loudly as did Mitty and Sane. They peered at the couple and completely surprised when they both nodded to the questioning looks.


"No fucking way!" Melinda said, after gasping loudly.


“You didn't...� Amy chimed in and showed even more surprise when the couple held up their hands. There on their fingers, were silver rings for both of them, with a diamond set. The rings shined brightly in the light.


“Oh my fracking god…” Melinda exclaimed, “You guys got married? REALLY!?�


The young woman yelped as did everyone when Angie nodded.


“We did it this morning.� Angie said, and there was another startled silence.


“Hey! Hey!� Mitty said, chortling, as the group bolted to embrace the young Captain and her husband.


“I am happy for you both.� Commander McDonald exclaimed, as he returned the handshake of Sane who was smiling from ear to ear.


Congratulations rounded the room.


“So what is your name sir?� Denise asked, addressing the scarred officer. “I don’t think we have met. I am Denise Watson... Nice catch Angie, by the way, he’s absolutely a hunk.�


Angie grinned as she exchanged a look with the young officer beside her, making him grin slightly but he remained silent.


“May I present Lieutenant Commander Nathaniel Miller, Second Officer aboard the Kosheo that is in dry dock right now.� Angie said, pointing to him. He smiled warmly to the startled group.


Seth gasped when he heard the name and bolted to guy hug his friend, shouting and shaking his hand wildly.


“Jesus Miller, I didn't know you were a part of stasis!� Seth exclaimed.


“Yeah, a year before yours.� He replied, “I am REALLY glad to see you alive and well, after that scrape at the memorial and surviving stasis. We gotta buy you a round and celebrate. Old friend after so many years apart, now reunited.�


Angie laughed as did the others. Denise and Emily grimaced, when they heard the name, and frowned.


“Do I know you Commander?� Denise asked, “You seem soooo familiar.�


“Yeah.� Emily said, “Your face seems familiar to me too as does the name.�


“He’s an old friend to us all.� Angie prompted.


“Old friend�?� Denise asked, and Angie nodded.


“He was at Bellbrook, in like nineteen eighty-six, to nineteen eighty-eight.� Angie replied, “A long time ago.�


They were shaking their heads but they were thinking rapidly. It finally clicked for Emily and Denise who had remembered the name from the Junior High and High School in the east called Bellbrook. This man had come from the west though. Denise and Emily had yelped to peer at the scarred young man, frowning at the semi-familiar face despite the wounds he had received while in stasis.


“Jesus! You were at Bellbrook!� Denise gasped and he nodded.


�...and you are “Watts� Watson, a polite nickname given to you from Doug Woolard.� He told her, “When we saw Some Kind of Wonderful together as a class.�


“It can't be!� She gasped, but he nodded his head.


“It is!� He chortled, “Hello! Welcome Home!�


He turned to Emily.


“And you Miss Montgomery was in Teitelbaum's homeroom at Bellbrook and we waved through the window every morning.� He said, “It is a VERY LARGE and great pleasure to see you again.�


Emily was speechless as she peered at him, and thought back briefly to another time and place, and her mouth had fallen open in surprise as the images appeared in her memory. Tears began to well from her eyes and she was shaking her head disbelievingly.


“It’s good to see you all again.� He intoned, and stepped forward. He returned the embrace by Denise who held him, weeping and just peering at him, completely blown away that he was here after a first stasis project and in this century. She never knew he was and would be brave enough to take the risk of traversing time and for such a project. She could not believe how much he had changed in the many years she had not seen him, or heard from him.


Nathaniel stood peering at Emily's astonished stare and silence fell over the room as tears poured from her eyes as she finally ran toward him, embracing him warmly. She held Nathaniel closely, weeping into his shoulder, making his uniform wet.


“I don’t believe it!� She sobbed, “It’s you! Where� how� where have you been�?�


 When she drew back, he stared into her eyes, his eye was wet as he held her, and he held her, hovering for only a brief moment before they kissed passionately together.


 His kiss was sweet filled with promise, and Emily smiled as she kissed him warmly. They held it for fifteen minutes, old friends and perhaps more than that, if he would have had the chance to be with her a long time ago, a chance that he had missed.
Everyone watched them kiss, and an uncomfortable silence followed. They shuffled their feet and glanced at their watches. When they broke, she held him still. Seth sensed his passion for her, and stepped back, strangely jealous of the pair.


“Jesus...� Mitty said with a tone of humor, “What a greeting. WOW.... Encore! Encore!�


Both Emily and Nathaniel both blushed deeply, as they laughed along with the group. He turned to her and put up his hand when she was going to kiss him again, so glad to see him after so many years.


“Emily� Emily…” He said, “Please, we can’t do this. But it is great to see you.� He said, his tone indicating caution, “And to hold you finally in my arms as I wanted this so much for a very long time. But remember, I am married to Angie.�


She gasped, and he nodded.


“I am so sorry, Emily.� He said, apologizing, “For not keeping in touch and saying goodbye properly. I wished for a long time to tell you I loved you more than life itself and never got that chance. I am sorry for not being there for you. I surely wanted to show you the world, but didn’t get that chance.�


Emily had a surprised look on her face, and she nodded, tearing up quickly again.


“I didn’t know.� She said, “Why didn’t you tell me?�


“I didn’t realize I was in love with you until I left Bellbrook. You stole my heart a long time ago and I never forgot you, even looked for you, but you were already gone.� He said, “And I was in transition of schools and moving, I wasn’t able to write to you. I thought I lost everything, and tried to carry on. I am so surprised you volunteered for stasis and didn’t expect you to be in this century!�


“Oh my god…” She held him tightly, literally sobbing into his arms. She was glad to see him, but her heart also belonged to Seth who stood nearby, serving and training together and falling for him as well during that training.


“I just wanted you to know that.� He said, “I know you and Seth have a relationship, and he is a good man. I am sorry I missed out. I was not here for you and he was. I will always love you just know that. I have Angie though, but I love you both no matter what.�


Emily nodded as she sobbed into his shoulder. He glanced at Seth who he managed a grin at him. The scarred officer held the young woman for a long time, unable to let her go. He put out his hand, with hers in it on top and motioned to Seth. The Commander put his best friend’s hand on hers. The couple glanced at him, as he nodded, dropping his hand from below. They both gasped loudly.


“She is a good woman, and if you ever hurt her, you answer to me.� Nathaniel warned, “Be together always, be happy.�


Emily embraced Nathaniel then embraced Seth.


“Thanks buddy.� Seth said.


The Lieutenant Commander turned, putting out his arm, which Angie took. She knew that Nathaniel had a crush on her, and did not protest when Emily kissed him. With Angie still on his arm, he picked up a champagne bottle, and popped it. “I think this is time for a drink.�


“This is so against regulations,� Sane intoned, as the staff of the ward gathered, and Commander McDonald, “But since this is a special occasion I will make this one allowance.�


“Here is to the happy couple, Angie and Nathaniel, may you both find happiness in your new home and century.� Mitty intoned, and glasses were raised.


“Hear! Hear!� Seth said, “To the happy couple!� The group repeated and they raised their glasses to all drink. Angie had a glass of water, making her husband glance at her curiously. There were handshakes and cheers through the room, as Emily turned and tossed Seth a look.


“It looks like we’re next.� Seth suggested, “How bout it Em? Before I get my ass shot off in the combat group that’s outgoing.�


Emily gasped, blushing slightly, and tears forming in her eyes as Seth took up her hand in his and knelt before her. The young woman glanced at Nathaniel who was grinning, and he nodded silently to her.


The young woman gasped as Seth held up a box and he opened it. Emily stared at the sparkling ring. A gasp rippled through the room, as everyone turned.


“Oh my Lord, it’s beautiful! Yes. I will, Right now!� Emily said, and Seth nodded, embracing her warmly.


Seth glanced at the grizzled Commander, his face patched and the scar still angry and his face mutilated by the structural beam that smashed is container in stasis and cut his face the way it did.


“Please, Nathaniel, be my best man.� There was a yelp by all.


“It will be an honor.� Nathaniel replied, and Angie smiled, holding her husband tightly. Another gasp rippled through the room and there was an excited ripple through the room. A cheer echoed through the room as the champagne flowed freely.


“Did someone send for a pastor?� A voice asked, and Mitty motioned him in.


“Please come in Pastor Murray.� Mitty said, “This couple would like to get married.�


“I am Pastor Donald Murray, my rank is Colonel for the Earth Defense Corps, but you don’t have to salute.� He intoned solemnly, “I ask you in the spirit of the union of and in the sight of god, are you sure?�


“We are.� Seth replied, and Emily joined him as they stood before the pastor.


Manual glanced at Amanda who gasped, as he motioned to her. She shook her head. He frowned.


“Why, I love you and I want you to be my wife.� Manual whispered, “Be with me always and spend the rest of our lives together. Before we are all going to be killed, and not come back, the chances are not good for this mission babe. I want you to be my wife so when I return we can be together.�


Amanda smiled warmly, as she kissed him.


“I know, I love you too, but not till after.� She said, “I’m not ready for that yet, and I couldn’t bear the stress of losing my newlywed husband if you were to be killed.�


“I understand, but if we are married, we will be united, and you get benefit extras that will help you cope and survive without me here.� He said, “Chances are slim for return. We are facing an armada, of a new enemy has come up and there is a ship from the future has come to warn us of the impending attack on Earth. Seth and I are probably going to be sent to our deaths, but if we succeed we will save Earth.�


“I’m sorry, I just can’t.� Amanda murmured, and he frowned.


“Alright, Honey.� Manual replied, kissing Amanda warmly on her lips.


Meanwhile, Seth and Emily, followed by Sane, Mitty, Nathaniel and Angie stepped forward. They stood at the familiar places in the wedding party.


“We have come together at the invitation of Emily Montgomery and Seth Aquilera to celebrate the uniting in Christian love, their hearts and lives. This is possible because of the love God has created in them, through Jesus Christ.�


The Pastor paused.


� “Jesus said, I am come that they might have life and that they might have it more abundantly. This abundant life, for many people, is an impossible dream, yet God wants us all to have this abundant life and proved His love for us by giving His Son, that we might have this life.�


Here Pastor Murray nodded.


“Another way that God provides for this 'full' life is creating those who will love us. Seth has found such a one in Emily hearts and spirits were drawn together before today by the Lord of all creation. Two lives are not united by ceremony, but only in the power, love, and grace of God.�


“Seth and Emily are here to publicly declare that because of Jesus Christ's love, they too can truly love one another. As God demonstrated his love in Jesus, our Lord, Seth and Emily will demonstrate this God given love by giving themselves to one another and one for the other.�


“They have not reached this place alone. Each has been given life by their parents. These, who gave to them life love, provision, are and will be, a vital part in their continued lives. Their love has borne fruit in Seth and Emily. Love and respect for these will continue as they grow in their own love made possible by their parents.�


The uniformed priest turned to the group that surrounded Emily and Seth. He grimaced slightly, motioning to the group.


“Who then has prepared this woman for marriage to this man?� The pastor asked.


Sane spoke up, "Since her parents are no longer living, I will."


Emily, Seth, Nathaniel and Angie stepped toward the Pastor. Sane and Mitty took up a position behind them.


The pastor turned to the couple. “Emily and Seth, no other human ties are more tender, no other vows are more sacred than these you are about to assume. You are entering into that holy estate which is the deepest mystery of experience, and which is the very sacrament of divine love.�


 “Seth, will you have Emily, to be your wedded wife, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy estate of matrimony; will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only for her so long as you both shall live?�


Seth stood straight, and glanced at Emily, who smiled. "I will."


“Emily, will you have Seth to be your wedded husband, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy estate of matrimony; will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only for him so long as you both shall live?�


Emily gigged, and nodded. "I will."


“It is with hope that you find happiness together, and be reunited in your time of need and turmoil, to have a long and happy life together.� The pastor intoned, “May you find such a life, and such happiness together always.�


“Seth, please take Emily by her right hand.�


“Please repeat your vows to your beloved.� Pastor Murray instructed.


“I Seth, take you as my wife, to have you and be with you till death do we part, and promise to uphold, be faithful and love you until our time together ceases.�


“I Emily, as your betrothed, take you as my husband, till death do we part, and promise to uphold, be faithful, and love you until our time together ceases.�


The Pastor smiled and nodded, turning to Seth. “Seth, what symbol do you bring as a pledge of that sincerity of your vows?�


"A ring."


Pastor Murray turned to Emily, “Please remember, a ring is more than a symbol of your marriage, it is a seal of the vow you have made to one another. The circle of the ring is, as far as human eye can see, a perfect circle--with no beginning or end--so God too, has perfect love for you and wants you to love one another in His grace--never, never ending. This ring is made of precious metal. You also are precious in God's sight and now in the life of Seth Aquilera. When you are absent one from another, the presence of the ring reminds you to be faithful and to fulfill your vows to Seth.�


The pastor took in a breath.


“Rings have historically been the sign of authority--used to seal documents and proclamations. You now accept this authority in your life.� He intoned.


The pastor turned to Emily. “You may now place your ring on his finger.�


She put the ring on his finger.


Emily, what symbol do you bring as a pledge of that sincerity of your vows?


"A ring�" She replied, smartly.


The pastor turned to Seth, “Major Aquilera, this ring is a seal of Emily’s vow to you. She presents this to you as a token of her submission to you in Jesus Christ. This is a symbol of leadership and privilege. God has placed you as head of the family. You must lead in worship, works and fellowship. As the weaker vessel she depends upon you for strength.�


Pastor Murray turned to Seth, nodding. “You may now place your ring on your Bride's finger.�


He put the shadow band on her finger.


“For as much as Seth and Emily have consented in holy wedlock, and have thereto confirmed the same by giving and receiving each one a ring. By the authority committed unto me as a minister of the Church of Jesus Christ, I now declare you husband and wife, according to the ordinance of God, and the laws of the military code of the Earth Defense Command; in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen.�


Pastor Murray raised his hand, opening the bible in his one hand, and he motioned to them and they knelt together before the pastor who waved it over the couple.


“Let us hear this prayer, in John four, Verse seven to twelve.�


“Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is born of God, knows him. But anyone who does not love does not know God—for God is love.�


“God showed how much he loved us by sending his only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. This is real love. It is not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.�


“Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other. No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love has been brought to full expression through us.�


The couple rose to their feet and both grinned as they glanced at each other. Seth moved toward Emily and embraced her warmly, holding her in his arms.


“With abiding confidence and deep affection, we send you forth in life's journey together. May it be an adventure in peace, in joy and in love�" Murray told them and nodded.


With that said, The pastor turned and closed the bible, raising both hands before the gathered group, including the hospital ward staff, other patients, the stasis crews, and Commander McDonald.


“You may kiss the bride!� Colonel Murray instructed, and Seth grinned, as he leaned over to embrace Emily, their lips hovering and they met touching tightly, passionately, hungrily together.


There was a cheer by everyone present. Five minutes elapsed. There was a pause. Ten minutes elapsed. There was another pause and a shuffle. A low chuckle rippled through the group.


A moment later, they broke and there was laughter, as Emily fanned herself.


"Easy there tiger�" Emily joked and smiled at him, making him laugh.


“Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you Mr. & Mrs. Aquilera.


Applause thundered through the room, as cheers and words of congratulations for the couple moved through the crowd. Seth turned to Emily, and she blushed, smiling.


“I love you Emily, always.� Seth said, and he turned to Angie and Nathaniel who stood nearby.


“Thanks Nathaniel, Angie.� He said, “For being there for us.�


“You are welcome.� Lieutenant Commander Miller replied, nodding, “Welcome to marriage. May you both have a long life together, and many children, however, for right now, Seth we are wanted at sixteen hundred at the EDC Headquarters. It appears the meeting was moved up.�


“Understood…” He replied, “Do I have a little time to be with my new wife?�


“Yes, please, by all means.� He replied, as he turned to Angie, taking up her hand.


“We have a little time together too, beloved Angie.� Nathaniel told her, and he embraced her.


“I know. You’ve got a job to do.� Angie said, “Just promise me, you will return and not get your ass shot off, your ass belongs to me, remember that.�


“I know.� He said, “I am not planning to get myself killed by this enemy. I will return, I promise, and will keep Seth and Manual safe. I will return for you and our little one.�


 With that, he patted Angie on her belly. The young woman grimaced, beaming with delight after a moment, wanting to tell him that she was having his child. She had an appointment for a check up of her pregnancy at medical. He seemed to already know and the young woman wondered if the stranger from the future, which was him, had told him that she was pregnant with his child.


Emily also had heard Nathaniel and walked toward him, smiling as she took up his hands.


“I heard your comment. I’ll hold you to that Mister Miller, for both of you.� Emily told him and he nodded.


“Don’t thank me yet.� He intoned, “We still have one mission to go, and it’s not going to be a piece of cake. There is a lot at stake, and with god’s help, we go to fight, probably failing� All we can do is hold on for dear life and give it our best.�


“What does that mean?� Emily asked, glancing at Angie who was stunned by his mood change, and shook her head, shrugging as she watched her husband walk to Commander McDonald and Seth to chat with them formally.


Emily did not know what to make of his comment. Neither Angie, nor Emily both realized, what was truly at stake for the sake of Earth.


The crew of Yamato and the cryogenic stasis members are on Earth, preparing for a new battle against an enemy of the future: Meanwhile, at the edge of the Sol System, the Star Cruiser Starship, the S.S Magellanic Clouds slowly moves into the solar system. The small starship moves at slow speed right now, blinded by the haze that surrounds of the solar system and heading toward the farthest known planet known as Pluto. The crew quickly tries to make repairs to their ship, heading to Earth at slow speed, to advance warn of the impending danger that is coming to their planet.


Again, sitting on the bridge Ihsss T'Larra sat on the bridge, and watched the view screen as the ship cleared the haze and entered the large solar system that contained the legendary planet of Earth and the Yamato. It was here on the Pluto Base that they detected the Clouds as they entered the solar system. In the control room, an alarm echoed across the console of the many operators who were watching the space. A thick complex detection web was installed shortly after the decisive victory of the Yamato way back after the Iscandar mission and had several times been put under real situations. Operators had seen the blip and hit the alarm putting the base on alert.


"Supervisor, Operator five on-line," A voice said. A young harried Corporal sat at the console in the operations pit, and he watched at the blip approached and entered the system. He spoke rapidly on the communicator with the XO of the station located on Pluto.


"What's up Johnson?"


"Unidentified ship passing Pluto Base, Sir," reported the operator, "No identification, and it is refusing to answer hails. Approximately ten space knots."


"On my way," Commander Farrell said, clicking a button on his console. He got up and ran into the main control room. A few moments later, he came through the doors on the run.


"Status report�!" The Commander exclaimed sharply.


"No change sir." replied the operator.


"Are there any ships scheduled to enter or exit the system today?" asked the Commander and the operator shook his head.


"Negative sir, not on the schedule I have up." Johnson replied.


"What about the assigned entry sector for Earth transports?" Commander Farrell asked.


"They are not on any flight path Commander.� The operator replied, “Ship confirmed on intercept course toward Saturn.�


"What's going on Farrell?" A voice said and Jake looked up to meet the intense gaze of Captain Hank Russo, the Commanding Officer of the Pluto Base who appeared on the monitor screen next to him.


"There is an unidentified ship coming into the solar system skipper," Jake replied.


"Have they responded to hails?"


"No sir, there could be a couple dozen reasons why not, however." Jake suggested.


"Deploy the fighters." The Captain said, "Mission to identify and find out their intentions, shoot to destroy if attacked."


 The Commander hit the alarm, and from their barracks, the pilots who are stationed here on this frozen wasteland ran to the launch tubes and their fighters.


Astro fighters from the station, on the icy world of Pluto made up of mostly of ice, methane, nitrogen and carbon monoxide, roared from the airlock. The ships moved upward into the star filled sky. The pilot named Deek Baker intently checked his controls as he climbed up into space.


"Squadron one to base� Squadron Alpha is now airborne." He said into the headset, in his helmet, as twenty-four Astro-fighters roared up into the star-filled sky.


Matthew 'Buzz' Alron, Deek's second in command roared up into space moments later, leading along behind Deek’s plane.


"Squadron two to base� Squadron Beta is now airborne." Buzz said into his microphone.


"Copy, you are both cleared to identify and engage." replied the Commander, and he watched the status display screen, showing the fighters as blue arrows, that streaked out toward the red circle that floated several meters off the screen. The blue arrows got closer to the circle, marked now with the symbol UNK01. It was not unlike what the aircraft control had in the ancient towers at the airports on Earth.


"You should be on top of it." Commander Farrell said into the headset. Deek and Matthew, in their planes, checked his controls and screens.


"Affirmative, we are approximately six mega meters away." Baker replied, "Does anyone see it?"


"Tiger two negative." A voice said.


"Tiger three negative." Came another and each one gave the report.


"Hold up." Another voice said, "Tiger twelve here, Aye skipper I have it in visual."


The rest of the planes locked onto the radio and they streaked toward it. In the cockpit, that Baker let out a sharp breath as they approached.


"We're on station." He said, "Everyone form up and let's identify her."


"Damn, it's a big ship." Buzz commented, "It's the size of an EDC frigate."


"Good looking lines though." Another voice chimed in.


"Pipe down fellas, and fall in." Baker ordered as they streaked toward the unsuspecting Magellanic Clouds. "Deek, take left, I'll take right let's identify her."


On Earth, the alarm was put out in the war room.


"General! Pluto Base reports an unknown ship inbound into the solar system. Speed ten space knots."


The Commander of the Earth Defense Force looked up in alarm at the announcement, as did the aides and people working. There was hustle in the control room.


"Pluto Base deployed fighters." The operator said, and the Commander nodded. "Also sir, Neptune and Uranus Bases have also been alerted. They're ready for them."


The Commander sat in his chair, and he examined the data.


"Deploy Space Destroyers Fuyuzuki, also the Marauder from Saturn station to the Pluto area." He ordered, and the Commander's aide glanced at him. Unaware, the Clouds crew and the ship still approached Pluto, their ship coming within a close proximity of it. The small planet loomed on the view screen as the ship slowly approached.


"Felonious, give me a approach scan please." Ihsss murmured.


She stared at the screen, curious of the bluish purple planet ahead of them and as the ship headed toward the planet's outer fringe. A chunk of planetary material appeared on the screen, making up the moon that orbits the planet.


�"Scanning planet," Felonious said, "The first planet here is number nine in this system of eleven planets. Diameter is two thousand three hundred and twenty kilas, approximately one thousand four hundred and forty miles as measured by Earth-people. Orbit, is once every two hundred forty nine years. A solar day is six point four days hours. One visible moon, its diameter is one thousand two hundred and seventy kilometers or seven hundred and ninety miles, planetary tilt, seventeen degas, elliptical orbit."


He paused to take in a breath as data streamed on screen next to him.


"Surface Composition, making up the planet is nitrogen with minor methane count and traces of carbon monoxide. The hint of pink suggests that it has a reflecting layer. Bright areas along equator suggest it is solid nitrogen ice, methane, ethane and carbon monoxide. Darker areas suggest a primordial organic material as result of photo chemical reactions to cosmic rays."


Felonious hit a button to scroll the information on his monitor. "Surface temperature, varies from negative two hundred and twenty eight to negative two hundred thirty degrees centigrade or negative three hundred seventy eight to three hundred ninety six degrees. It ranges from its thirty to fifty degas orbit from the sun. Internal Composition, Unknown. Planetary Density lies between one point eight and two point one gm/cm cubed which indicates the planet is probably fifty to seventy percent rock and the remainder being water and other ices."


"Gee a regular garden spot." Kwai commented, and there was laughter on the bridge.


"Very well," Ihsss said, "Life signs?"


"Yes Captain, but I think it's attributed to the basic organic material that lives on the planet." Felonious replied, "But there are also strong life signs on the planet otherwise. There is, as you suspected, a base there."


"Captain we've been spotted, fighters coming in." reported the Navigator who stared at the view screen, "It looks like a couple of squadrons."


Ihsss turned her scaly head and grimaced.


"All repair crews come back inside!" Ihsss ordered and Hi'Mthsss turned to her console, hitting a button that sent the recall signal to the space suited figures outside the ship. They all headed to the airlock.


"Shields up�!" Kwai reported, as she nodded to Felonious. A ripple of tension rounded the bridge.


�"Is the radio still out?" Asked the first officer and Hi'Mthsss turned to shake her head.


"The antennas are done." Hi said, "Repairs are completed on the radio. We should be able to transmit."


"It might be interference from the planet." Kwai suggested, "We are pretty close Felonious."


�"This is the S.S. Magellanic Clouds, to unidentified fighters� Hold your fire� we are a peaceful vessel, originating out of the Parker Star Cluster." Ihsss said, "We are on a peaceful mission and request permission to enter solar system. Please respond."


"Any response�?" Ihsss asked and Hi'Mthsss shook her head. "There is a lot of static Captain. I'll try to compensate and rotate channels."


On Pluto, the station operator turned his head when he heard Ihsss T'Larra's hissing voice. He stared at the console for a long moment before he hit a few buttons to clear the static. The message was very badly garbled.


"…This is the Magellanic Clouds�, Star …uiser out of …r 5, we � on a non …tile mission …your fire. We req� perm…sion to …your …lar sy…em."


"Sir, I'm picking up an, uh, message." The operator announced, switching it over to audio, "It's garbled, but it seems to be from that ship out there."


"Adjust frequency." The Commander ordered and the operator complied.


"Magellanic Clouds, adjust cycle three hundred." The operator replied, "The message is still garbled. Adjust cycle three hundred! Please respond!"


Back on the Clouds Hi'Mthsss adjusted the frequency and the channel cleared.


"This is the SS Magellanic Cloudsss, Hi'Mthsss T'Larra, Communicationssss Officer." She said hurriedly, "Please ssstand by for Captain Ihsss T'Larra, my Commanding Officer."


Sitting on the bridge, Hi'Mthsss half turned and nodded. "I think I have them now mother, err Captain."


Sitting in a chair at the console near the radio operator both men heard the young Thyrnn's voice and they glanced at each other. "Whoa, a female Communications Officer what do you make of that Jake?" The Commander asked, and the young officer and second in command glanced at him.


"She sounds fairly sexy." The operator commented and the two men laughed. Little did they know of Hi'Mthsss and her spitting image to her reptilian mother. She would probably have been offended by the comment, if she heard it.


"I am not sure I have heard of the Parker Star cluster, unless it is beyond where any Earth ship has gone.� The XO replied uncertainly.


"Attention S.S. Magellanic Clouds, This is Earth Defense Command Pluto station. What is your destination and purpose in this star system?" The Base Commander asked.


"Good job Hi." Ihsss replied, and walked to the communications station, as did Felonious.


"Audio only�" Ihsss cautioned, "They probably don't know of our respective cultures yet."


"This is the Magellanic Clouds, Captain Ihsss T'Larra Commanding, I repeat our last message. We are here on a peaceful mission, originating from the Parker Star Cluster, sector coordinates 90,125. We formally request entry to your system and request landing on the third planet, Earth." Ihsss said into the headset. On the Pluto base the Captain and Commander glanced at each other.


"Well, what you ask is difficult." He said, "What is your reason and purpose for your request."


"Sssirrr, we have news that is gravely important to Earth and must be relayed to your headquarthersss at once. There is a war machine massing at Aquarius, and soon to be on its way to destroy Earth. We managed to gather a lot of recon and intelligence of this war machine. We would like directly to relay it to Earth, in a peaceful gesture between our two governments. Just to report in that we took a beating to gather the data and are need of repair before we are to return to Aquarius, our mission to destroy the planet if possible."


A low gasp echoed the war room as the others, and the crew present gathered around the radio center. A low murmur rippled through the command center.


The Captain waved his hand for silence.


"Keep it down." The commanding officer grumbled, as the radio operator adjusted the controls.


Both the commanding officer and second in command, glanced at each other. The operator half turned, a look of astonishment on his face.


Captain Russo glanced over at the Commander who shrugged. "Notify Earth Defense Headquarters at once. Notify all available ships."


"Stand by Clouds, we are getting instructions on this point and will relay."


"Communications go." Commander Farrell ordered pointing at the Communications Officer who was waiting.


"Aye, Sir." Replied the young operator, and he turned to his console.


On another channel, the communications officer spoke quickly, "This is Pluto Station to Headquarters Station, come in please."


The Communications Officer glanced at the Commander. "Sir, there is a surge of energy blocking our transmission!"


"Locate!" The Captain ordered sharply.


"It is bearing three, one, and five, at ten mega meters from the station." The operator said.


Out in space Baker's eyes widened as he heard Commander Farrell's voice on the horn, with the Communications Officer. They were not too far from base and it was not what bothered Baker. The others started jabbering over the radio on what they had just overheard.


"Hey guys keep it down." Baker said, "Something is happening, something about an armada heading our way. There is also an energy surge ten mega-meters from the base!"


"Farrell to all fighter groups," He said, "Alert status one! There is a surge at three, one, and five at ten mega-meters from the station. You are cleared to engage hostile craft, but make sure Magellanic Clouds makes it to the Neptune Station where their fighters will take over. The Fuyuzuki is inbound with Battle Group One, close behind."


"Copy�" Baker said and he switched channels. "Baker to group, our orders are to escort this craft to the line and Neptune Base will take over and there. Stay alert we detected a hostile craft on motion detectors approaching the station."


"What's this all about skip?" Another voice asked, "I got a bad feeling about this,"


"I don't know." Baker replied, "Pipe down, and fall in."


A moment later, all hell broke loose as an energy bolt appeared and hit the Cruiser, with an explosion to follow. The fighters scattered as another bolt hit the ship again.


"What the hell was that?" Baker asked, "Report by the numbers, did anyone fire?"


"Negative." A chorus of voices echoed over the channel.


"Does anyone see it?" Baker asked, "Shit, we're sitting ducks."


"That's for sure." Buzz� voice said, “There is just no data, sir.�


A bolt appeared from the black star-filled background, striking the Clouds again.


"It is from dead astern skipper, sensors indicate origin of bolt." Matthews said over the radio, and he pulled back on his stick turning his plane toward the point of origin.


Turning toward the blast origin, the fighters took up the fight as multiple explosions rocked the Clouds.


"What's happening?" Commander Farrell shouted through Baker's orders.


"Commander, we lost the Clouds." The operator reported.


"We have an intruder, bearing mark three, one, five, distance, now seven mega-meters." Baker radioed, "We are attacking the target now. And we need some help out here."


"The Fuyuzuki is inbound at top speed." An operator reported, "Also the Marauder."


"Take on that ship, but send two ships to follow the Clouds, and assist as needed." The order came and Baker stared at the speaker.


"Excuse me sir?" Their lead pilot asked, "Could you repeat?"


"You heard me." Farrell replied.


"Let's go boys. You heard the man." Baker ordered, and the two groups of fighters raced after the attacker as two planes broke off to follow the spinning crippled Star Cruiser.


On the bridge of the Clouds, Ihsss and all hands were thrown from their seats. Screams echoed across the bridge as the lights went out making it pitch black. Down in the sickbay, a power surge lanced out and surrounded the body of Avatar. Slowly his eyes opened, and his eyelids blinked as the stasis field was shorted out. His eyes focused on the dim light, and his ears started to work as his senses started to return. The Captain lay there and he found he could not move. He was very cold, and stiff. Outside the chamber, he heard the dull screams and shouts of the crew echoing the chamber outside as they fought the fire and occupied with damage control. He tried to move and he closing his eyes managed to wiggle a finger. Five minutes later, Avatar managed to turn his head slightly. Chaos raged outside the chamber, as many wounded are being mended by the ship's doctor. All he could see was blackness, and a blue suspension beam on the interior of the cabinet.


On the bridge, fire and smoke covered the bridge as damage control parties fought the fire that started by shorting systems. Several people fell, and Hi'Mthsss dodged to pull a shipmate from the jaws of the explosion that shook the bridge.


"We are out of control!" Veloxa said, as she fought for control at her console. "No power, overriding to emergency power and thrusters. Outside sparks of the thrusters appeared as blue flames from the hull and the ship continued to spin faster.


"Veloxa get us under control." Ihsss screamed, "Right now. Compensate by using emergency power."


"We're going to die!" A voice quailed, in the half-illuminated bridge.


Veloxa struck the console, and the thrusters succeeded to counter the spin. The ship, however, is a projectile and was just out of control, blind as a bat away from Pluto, as it raced toward the larger planets in the middle of this solar system.


"Damage report�!" Ihsss shouted.


"There is damage in sections fourteen fifteen, sixteen, decks five through eight." Felonious reported, "Decompression and emergency bulkheads in place."


"Bridge to Engineering�!" Ihsss shouted, "We need power, emergency power, do you copy?"


"Captain, we are approaching the next planet." Felonious reported, as the ship powerless and helpless headed toward the greenish ball of Neptune.


"Veloxa�" Ihsss asked, "Can we alter trajectory?"


"I'm trying Captain." Veloxa replied desperately, "No power or emergency power available."


"We're hit again Captain!" A voice quavered, and Ihsss silenced the speaker with a look as the ship lurched again. The shudder of an internal explosion rocked the ship.


"We have minor damage in engineering." Felonious reported.


"The engines are out of control Captain!" Veloxa said, "We are at maximum impulse and energy output will create a warp threshold in five minutes. Our main engines are out."


"Felonious?" Ihsss said in askance, and he glanced at her, as data stream flooded his screen.


"It is dangerous if we allow ourselves to warp." He announced, "If we do, there is a good chance that we can end up hitting a moon, a minor space body, like the sun of this solar system, a star, or materialize inside a planet."


Ihsss turning her head had stared at the screen in helplessness. She turned her attention, pushing the call button on the intercom, trying to raise the engine room.


"All stop helm!" Ihsss exclaimed, "Neutralize engines."


"We have negative response on controls." Veloxa announced.


"Use the bloody override then." Ihsss snapped, and Thyrac hit the button.


"No response on emergency systems." The Navigator barked, "We're a bullet, Captain."


�"Voloxa, what's happening down there?" Ihsss shouted over the noise, hitting the buttons to signal the engineering deck.


"We're at warp threshold sir." Felonious reported, as outside, the ship faded from view leaving the fighters behind.


"Sir, the ship just warped from our sector." Baker reported, "Maintain position?"


"Negative." The Commander replied, "Link up with the Fuyuzuki, in your sector, and search for wreckage of the attacking vessel. I want to make sure that no other ships have entered our solar system."


"Yes sir." Baker replied, and he closed the channel.


"Good luck and god speed, Clouds." Baker murmured as he and the two squadrons took up a search pattern.


Meanwhile, on the Saturn station, an operator named Sharon Patel sat at her console. She took up the transfer of command from Pluto and data peered at the data that streamed across the screen before her.


Commodore Russell Bates, the Commanding officer of Saturn base stood on the floor, gazing at the screen and the information that scrolled across it.


"Status report..." He ordered.


�"Saturn fighters deployed, and the Marauder has turned about heading back at top speed to Saturn Airspace." An operator reported, "ETA is approximately twenty minutes sir. Space Battleship Nagasaki and Taro have left Saturn Station with Battle group one and are making thirty space knots to Pluto."


"Very well, any word from the Clouds?"


"Negative, the fighters picked it up as it materialized from warp and is seventeen mega meters from Saturn and the station sir."


"What do you make of this Skipper?" A voice asked and Russell turned to meet the concerned look of his second in command, Jake Sullivan.


"Whatever attacked the SS. Magellanic Clouds is out there still, somewhere." The Commander told him, "The Captain of Battle Group One is pretty seasoned, so he will relay anything they find."


"I don't like this sir, it is too reminiscent of the Black Nebula when they came through and hit every base, killing everyone on each station. You think it's them again?"


"I don't think so this time." He replied, "It might be the beginning of another war against Earth, from the armada that the Clouds reported and encountered."


 Both men watched the screen, and a looming feeling that passed over them.


On the bridge of the Clouds, Ihsss felt a lurch forward, throwing everyone onto the floor as the ship appeared from warp. The sounds of loud wrenching metal could be heard, as the ship abruptly came into existence from their warp.


"Warp completed." Felonious reported, "We are still maintaining twenty plus space knots. We are approaching the sixth planet of this system."


Felonious clicked his console. "If we do not diminish our speed, impact will be in less than twenty minutes into the thick atmosphere of planet six."


"Planet analysis...?" Ihsss said quickly, "Can we make emergency landing if we get control?"


"Negative." Felonious replied, "The planet here is a gas giant, its composition, appears to be made mostly of molecular hydrogen, approximately eighty eight percent, and helium at eleven percent, with traces of water, methane, ammonia and rockier elements. Temperature of the rocky core in the center is twelve thousand degrees Fahrenheit. Wind pressure radiates at ten times stronger than winds on Class M planets, such as Earth. We can withstand the outer edge of the atmosphere, but the gravity and pressure will destroy us if we get too far into the gas atmosphere. Collision is approximately in twenty-one minutes, present speed."


"Voloxa�" Ihsss shouted, turning to the intercom, and trying to raise the engineering section. "What's going on down there?"


"Why does the planet have rings like that?" Kwai asked, "Is that ice, Felonious, or is it rocky matter?"


"Ring Composition is mostly made of small particles of water, ice, some of which may be coating rocky particles. These ring particles range in size from microscopic dust and pea pebbles, to boulders of several meters, perhaps yards, probably include some larger objects that are as large as a kilometer, or mile in diameter. The rings of planet six are two hundred and fifty thousand kilometers, or one hundred fifty five thousand miles wide, but only a few meters or yards thick in some places. As a result, their total mass may actually amount to no more than a single icy body of a hundred or two hundred kilometers, or sixty to one hundred twenty miles across." Felonious said, reading the analysis,


"Temperature is negative variables, I advise not getting near the rings Captain, one of those boulders can cause harsh damage to the hull or put a hole in us. The extreme cold could affect our systems in a negative way."


"That's going to be difficult with current circumstances Felonious." Ihsss replied, and she sat with a sigh into the command chair.


"Acknowledged..." Felonious replied, shaking his furry head.


"Engineering to Bridge..." A voice said, and Ihsss breathed a sigh of relief. It was Voloxa the Engineer.


"What is your status report, Engineer?"


"Partial auxiliary power is restored, No change on the engines, they are still out of order and at full impulse power." He said, "We had decompression in those areas, and we have major radiation happening down here from the core. Main power is off-line and the main engines are off-line. We'll have the full auxiliary power back on line, in a few minutes."


"We felt the ship decelerate, but we're still a bullet at twenty space knots. We need those engines now." Ihsss said, "We're out of control on collision course with planet six, a gas giant in this system. Get to it mister."


"Aye, Captain." He said, and the channel closed.


Ihsss turned to Veloxa at the helm. "Maneuvering thrusters Helm get us to all stop or alter trajectory to the planet."


"I'll try Captain. Thruster power is down to thirty percent." Veloxa replied, hitting the control on the console. The ship slowly responded, as it was like a bullet heading for certain to its destruction. Just as the Clouds approached Saturn, that several large ships rose up into the sky and headed toward the crippled starship of the future. Astro-fighters, from Saturn base, also streaked up into the starry sky and like the other fighter wings of the other planetary stations, they were on station quickly. They were watchful for any signs of life aboard the visitor from outside their galaxy.


"USS Tristan here�" A voice said, "We have the visitor on scanners. No contact, they are out of control and we can't raise them. We are moving to investigate and linking up our battle group two with the Marauder."


"Ship looks dead Captain. They might have killed all hands." Zack Johnson said, sitting in the cockpit of his Astro-fighter, flying toward the smoking Star Cruiser with twenty of his squadron members. The fighters stayed with the Cruiser on its left side, but kept a respectable distance from it.


"Estimate impact into Saturn in about twenty minutes. They have warped into the sector but dragged into the gravity of the planet. They are not slowing down."


"Keep trying to raise her." A voice said, and they recognized it as General Singleton.


Out in space, the ship still streaked toward Saturn and inside Ihsss and Veloxa worked at the controls to help adjust their bullet course toward the planet ahead. "Ship has turned at one half degree." Veloxa said.


�"Felonious, how about the moons�? Can we safely land there?" Ihsss asked, as she turned to her feline science officer.


"Planet has thirty one moons Captain." He said, "Analysis of each one completed. The outer most moons, twelve, range in size from three to fifty km, almost two to thirty one miles with irregular 'long and loping' orbits. Out of those thirty one moons, number two is the largest one."


"I am analyzing now. It has a relatively large diameter of about five thousand km or three thousand two hundred miles. It has an unusually thick atmosphere that is composed of mostly nitrogen but may have as much as a tenth in methane and smog, with traces of ethane, acetylene, ethylene, and hydrogen cyanide. Planetary temperature is at around negative one hundred eighty degrees Centigrade, or negative two hundred ninety two degrees Fahrenheit as measured by Earth people."


Felonious paused as the computer completed spitting the analysis on the screen.


"Atmosphere scans indicate it is surprisingly dense, resulting in a surface air pressure to be about one point six times more of a class M planet. The surface scans indicate that planet surface is cold enough to have pools, even seas of liquid methane, perhaps nitrogen and for frozen methane to persist for extended periods. Moreover, liquid fuel-like liquids may also precipitate out of its atmospheric smog. Hence, this planet is thought to have an abundance of the organic molecules that are thought to be the precursors of life."


"Will we be able to make a soft landing, Felonious?" Ihsss asked, and the feline science officer grimaced.


"If we do skipper, we are going to make an awfully loud boom, if the analysis holds true." He replied, "Liquid fuel and methane is very volatile substances, even in a cold state."


"Well we won't know till we try? Thyrac, set course and Veloxa can you slow us down for fair soft landing?" Ihsss asked.


"Aye Captain, I'll do my best." Veloxa said, touching the control on her console.


"Course plotted." Thyrac added hitting the buttons, "And engaged in computer."


Their ship slowly and painfully turned, as it sped toward Saturn and still out of control. As it did so, down in engineering, Voloxa ferociously worked to get the engines back on line. He stared at the console, as he worked, and at a flashing yellow light. He struck it with a tool on the top of the machine, making a dent in the top of the metal. A moment later, a whir sounded and a green light indicated the status of the system he was working on.


"Come on you piece of Placto!" He shouted, hitting the console in frustration. He heard the system whir and systems flashed to come back on line. The engines hummed as they stopped their thrust.


"Auxiliary engines back on line, Captain." Veloxa shouted, sitting on the bridge.


"Bless you Voloxa, Go Veloxa!" Ihsss instructed, and the Insectoid Helmsman hit the control. The ship painfully slowed down, but it was far too late as Saturn's gravity already had them. It took them away from Titan, with a violent jerk, and the ship began to heat up as it entered the gas atmosphere of Saturn.


"Set a low orbit." Ihsss ordered, "One quarter impulse." The engines whirred and the ship set a trajectory change.


"Helm answering," Veloxa reported, but shook its large insect-like head, "Controls are sluggish and slow responding."


"Pressure increasing, fifteen hundred pounds per square inch on hull, sixteen hundred; seventeen-hundred." Felonious announced, "Twenty five hundred pounds. Three thousand pounds pressure on hull. Hull pressure is now three thousand five hundred pounds."


"Any change in our speed." Ihsss asked and Veloxa managed a nod.


"Engines reversing and they are slowly bringing us to all stop. The gravity is very strong and she's fighting it." Veloxa informed Ihsss' and outside the ship began to shimmy and shake. Veloxa and the crew sat on the bridge and held on to the arm of their chairs. Many of her crew were thrown from their chairs or thrown against the bulkheads.


"Holy Kriznar�!* Hold on everyone�! Arrggghhhh�" The reptilian Captain muttered, "It's going to be a rough ride."


(*Footnote, expression of exclamation, IE 'Holy Cow!')


There was a yelp on the bridge as a few went flying forward as the ship lurched and wallowed to an abrupt stop. Sitting calmly at their console, the two Veloxa Insectoid hardly winced as the pressure threw everyone forward. Ihsss flew out of her chair and ended up near the helm console on her butt.


"What the heck." Ihsss thought, looking at the view screen as a haze appeared on the screen.


"Orbit has been achieved. We are in a stationary orbit. Steer to get us out of orbit and escape velocity?" Veloxa asked after both the Helmsman and Navigator glanced at each other, both letting out a half audible sigh.


"Negative, take us up to gas surface, but no further." Ihsss ordered, "Maintain orbit." Veloxa's hands danced on her console.


In the Astro fighters that tailed the Star Cruiser, a pilot named George McGraw, saw the change, and he smiled. Other pilots had whooped and guffawed loudly in the headset, at the dismay of the staff on Pluto and the other bases and ships who listened to the chatter of this entire strange event.


"Astro fighter three here," He said, "Ship appears to have life on board, it made a course correction and collision course was averted. But it's in the Saturn's outer layer of atmosphere. It is safely in a stationary orbit."


"Tiger three... Great work." A voice said, "Stay on station, and give as much assistance as you can."


"U.S.S. Tristan is on station." Another voice said over the channel, "We'll stay on station until the fleet arrives. The Astro-fighters can return to base."


"If you can hear this Magellanic Clouds, welcome to Sol and Saturn Station." Commander Farrell murmured as he stood in the Pluto control room. In the control room cheering and handshakes all around went around to the staff on duty in three bases. The Commander of the Saturn base turned to the radar operator.


"Scan and get a fix on that ship." He instructed and the operator nodded. He clicked the controls and immediately located the crippled Star Cruiser.


"Ship is in stable orbit on Saturn, it is not moving Captain." He reported, "Analysis indicates by Thermal scan their power systems are very low. The ship is in a parallel orbit, opposite to Saturn Base on the other side of planet."


"Send the Marauder to assist and cover it with Battle Group Two." Ordered the Commander and the radio operator smiled as he nodded.


"It will be my pleasure." The young operator said with a grin, and he turned to make the call.


On the bridge, the crew worked feverishly to get the systems repaired, all hands but a handful of them floated freely into space, including Ihsss, Felonious, Veloxa, Thyrac and anyone else who was non-essential personal for interior repairs. They floated freely to the mess out of the hull of the ship and outside to start repairs on the exterior of the ship. Ihsss, however, stared at the beauty of the stars, remembering a long time ago back to her youth on her planet when she too dreamed of being in space. As she stared at the brown orb, a twinkle not far off caught her eye and she turned.


"Felonious." She said, and the feline officer turned to where Ihsss pointed. "We have company."


Ihsss saw a small blip in the background of stars, and realized it was the Earthling's ships on the way to help. She turned her head to see a scout ship nearby, but when she looked again, it was gone. She was unaware that it was cloaked out there. The reptilian Captain turned with her cutter, starting repairs on her beloved ship, with the others to cut away the damaged section. A repair drone that held small plates, sidled up behind them. Five of them moved the large plate to the skin of the ship. But little did they know down below in sickbay that Avatar blinked his eyes. He managed to wiggle his finger and found out he could move his head slightly, peering down at his feet to realize he was still in a uniform.


"Where am I?" He thought, "Who am I?" A second later he heard voices. The chamber opened and he saw light that hurt his eyes. They pulled the tray from which he lay, and a willowy face looked down upon him. He revolted, struggling, but could not move.


"What on Arth?" A wispy voice said, "He's alive?"


"I don't know doctor." Replied the Insectoid voice, "I bet it is when that static charge went through the ship."


"Pull him out." Falora Platt ordered and Avatar looked blankly at them. He tried to squirm and move, his body lurching slightly.


"He's going into arrest." The assistant said, grabbing the defibrillator unit. He hit the human with a zap and the arrest stopped. The heart of this human beat once again, the same one preserved by the water of Aquarius, and died at his post saving Earth.


"Start mixture at once." He said, "Watch him carefully and make sure he is sedated. I'm going to call the Captain."


"Sickbay to bridge," He said, "Come on, someone pick up."


"Hi'Mthsss here�" The young communicator's voice replied.


"Get your mother." He said, "We got a problem down here in sickbay."


"I'll connect you. She's outside the ship helping with repairs." Hi said, as static crackled over the intercom.


"Captain Here." Ihsss said over the intercom, floating freely near the skin of the ship; outside. She had glanced down at the communicator located on the arm of her space suit in alarm when he saw it flash.


"Captain," Falora said, "I need you to come back in and come immediately to sickbay."


"What's going on?" Ihsss replied, "What's wrong, doctor?"


"I just need you to come back in." He said, "We got a little problem in here, in the way of our passenger. The one we picked up on the derelict."


"The body we picked up on the Yamato's hulk?" Ihsss asked, "What's going on doc? What are you on about?"


"Please just return to the airlock and come to sickbay." Falora said, "Please�!"


"Acknowledged," Ihsss, replied starkly, "I will be right there."


She closed the channel abruptly.


"Felonious, something is happening." She said, as he floated nearby, "Take charge. I will return shortly."


A few minutes later, Ihsss walked into the sickbay, the doors obediently opening for her and she was still dressed in her space suit. She grimaced, fuming about being called back inside. Ihsss had work to do and needed to get it done before they could move out of here, to link up with the Earth Ships on their way to Earth.


"What's going on doc?" Ihsss asked, and the familiar bleeping of a heartbeat echoed through the chamber. Ihsss had a surprised look on her face, a look of annoyance as well, when she saw Avatar's body on the life bed.


"He's alive." Falora said, "And before you ask why we did it or why he is not dead� We did not revive him. It must have happened when that short circuit and power surge went through the ship."


"Uh� ooh-kay�" Ihsss said surprised, and suddenly was unsure what she was going to ask next. His statement had startled her, dissipating her annoyance and anger for being brought away from the repair efforts. The reptilian female walked toward the body of Avatar and stood next to fuzzy bearded old man. The same one she had said a few words of wisdom to. She wondered if he was alive then.


"Could he speak?" Ihsss asked, and Falora shook his willowy head. His large compound eyes showed a deep troubling expression.


"We have him sedated." Falora said, "He went into arrest when he saw us, and I wouldn't blame him for that coming back from the dead like he has. I know one thing Ihsss, we are in deep trouble."


"You aren't kidding." Ihsss said, "But this human sacrificed himself against all odds, saving his crew and home world. When he is stronger, I want to talk to him. Any man who is strong enough to survive that task can fight along side of me any time. Besides, I think he could hold the secret of getting out of this mess with the Cybertron and us arriving back in their time."


"What about the Yamato crew?" Falora said, "They know him as a hero and who died. We should have let things alone."


"Well�" Ihsss said, "They are now in this, and the first worlds to be destroyed. I am not going to let that happen. In addition, whatever happens, Avatar surely sacrificed himself, and he is still a hero, no matter he is alive or dead. He gets a burial, or a hero's welcome. It would be a win-win for Earth, his crew, and Avatar himself."


 Falora went to his office. He took out two glasses and Ihsss turned to pull out a flask containing a purplish liquid. The willowy plant-like doctor shook his head, and he held up the orange one. He poured them a drink.


"I think a toast is in order." Falora began and Ihsss chuckled, nodding her large reptilian head. She had a big toothy grin on her face, as she regarded Falora for a long time, standing there. He had been with them from the beginning of the Cloud's adventures, rescued from a derelict ship of Elowan fleet that was half obliterated by the Cybertron.


"I agree wholeheartedly." Ihsss replied, still with a toothy grin on her reptilian features.


"To Captain Avatar," Ihsss said, "Adventurer, statesman, and all around brave hero."


She held up the drink, "May he live a long time and guide us on our homeward journey.�


"To the Clouds, and her Captain," Falora replied, "The crew who found a hero."


Ihsss smiled slightly to nod, perhaps even to bow slightly and downed the drink.


"Keep me informed on his progress." Ihsss replied, "I am going to check in on the bridge, and see what's happening."


"I'll do that, Ihsss." The doctor replied, and the reptilian Captain nodded.


On the bridge, Hi'Mthsss sat at her console, finishing the repairs to the communications station. She switched it on, and static echoed on the speakers. She had been working feverishly to reconnect the circuits and repair the scorched boards in the unit that was fried by the static charge that ripped through the ship. As she finished, reconnecting the components back onto the board, she plugged in the board into the nearby slot and reached up to hit the switch on her console. Her console beeped once as it initialized.


"…U.S.S. Marauder to S.S. Magellanic Clouds. Please respond." A voice said, "Repeat, Earth Space Destroyer, U.S.S. Marauder to Clouds, please respond to this transmission."


Hi'Mthsss turned to the console and picked up her headset. "Magellanic Clouds, Hi'Mthsss T'Larra, Communications officer speaking."


On the Fuyuzuki, the operator turned. "We got them!" He chortled and the Captain nodded. There was a cheer by a few, applause and even a sigh of relief.


"This is the U.S.S Marauder here." The human Captain said, "We are in route to you, to offer assistance and your escort to Earth. Is your Commanding Officer there?"


"No, she's outside the ship." Hi'Mthsss said, "I'll connect, please stand by." Quickly, she hit the console. Down in sickbay, Ihsss looked down at her communicator.


"Ihsss here," She said, "What's going on Hi'Mthsss?"


"Captain of Earth Space Destroyer, Marauder, is on channel three." She replied. Ihsss got up and walked from the office. "I'll be right there, daughter�"


"You're back aboard?"


"Yes Hi, the good doctor needed me in Sickbay." Ihsss replied, "It seems we got a little problem. I'll see you in five minutes."


She got up from her chair, nodding to the Doctor who was logging vitals of their new patient. The doors opened obediently allowing her to pass through.


"Aye�" Hi replied, relaying the message. Five minutes elapsed and Ihsss walked onto the bridge, still in her space suit. Hi'Mthsss grimaced at the expression of her mother. She could read her and she apparently did not like the fact of Avatar being alive and well. They were in a tough spot. As the ship's doctor pointed out, either a hero's welcome or a funeral. It would still be a win-win scenario.


"Yea� a win-win situation for whom�?� Ihsss asked herself, and she walked toward the communications station where her daughter sat. Hi'Mthsss turned her head and nodded to her mother.


"Put it through." Ihsss instructed and Hi M'thss nodded.


"Captain T'Larra here," Ihsss said, "Commander of the SS. Magellanic Clouds."


"We were worried about you." He said, "Glad to see you are still with us. We are in route to you and will be there shortly to assist and escort you to Earth. The Earth Commander, Charles Singleton is quite anxious and is looking forward to your arrival."


"Yes, Captain." Ihsss replied, "Also, I am just wondering why our ship was attacked."


"We don't know, but you were attacked by another vessel, Captain�," replied the Marauder's Captain, "It was not one of our ships. Our fighters engaged and destroyed it. Was the damage severe?"


"Bad enough, we lost only a few of our crew, the rest wounded." Ihsss reported, "We could use any personnel to assist. It is appreciated and perhaps this will strengthen our respective planets in future relations."


"Perhaps it will." replied the Captain, "We will be there within a quarter of an Earth hour."


"We are not ready to move out. I am making some temporary repairs before we get under way again." Ihsss declared, "The others can be done in flight. We sustained considerable damage."


"Understood..."


"We will, however, set to proper increment." Ihsss said, "We look forward to meeting you, Clouds out."


Hi'Mthsss closed the channel.


"Wait till they see Avatar's body. They are in for a big shock." Ihsss told her daughter, managing a low throaty chuckle.


"Why?" Hi replied, looking up at her mother curiously.


"The short circuit we experienced brought that man back to life." Ihsss murmured and Hi's scaly eye ridges rose up in alarm, arching slightly. Her mother nodded at her response.


"Yea, I know the feeling, I did the same thing." Ihsss replied, grinning, "Continue monitoring traffic, I am returning outside the ship. Notify me when the Earth ship arrives. You have the con."


"Aye�" Hi replied, as she walked to the lift and stepped in, the doors closing behind her. She turned to the others who watched the interaction and the dialogue between the Earth ship and the Clouds. Hi'Mthsss nodded in response to their questioning looks.


"We'll be okay, let's get to it. So we’re ready when the Captain comes back aboard and we can link up with the Earth fleet." Hi'Mthsss told them and there was a grin on all the faces as they resumed repair stations on the bridge.


As for the Ihsss, she returned outside, kicking herself free from the airlock and floated once again in the stars of space. She grabbed one of the tools and she helped weld one of the plates on the ship. Next to her, Felonious had a plate in hand and they worked to get a piece of the plate loose that was damaged.


"Wow, what a mess." Felonious remarked and Ihsss grinned.


"It could be worse. We could be space right now." She replied, and he chuckled, taking up the plate from the drone to position it in place. He reached and grasped the welder and a bright arc appeared as he welded the new plate onto the skin of the ship.


"Captain, the Earthlings are signaling, and are now on station." Hi'Mthsss' voice echoed over the speaker in her helmet, and it made her turn to see many ships before them that surrounded their position. The crew watched as many space suited figures appeared from the ships and moved toward the Clouds.


"Wow, quite a welcoming committee." Felonious observed, making Ihsss laugh.


When Ihsss turned, she saw a space suited next to her, and she turned as the Space Destroyer Marauder hovered above her. The space suited figure is a human and he, with many others, stared at the crewmembers of the Clouds in fear when he saw the reptilian features and then to the feline. The young officer smiled, meeting her face, and he put out his hand.


"Lieutenant Michael Farragut, Space Destroyer Marauder." He said, "We're here to assist and escort you to Earth."


Ihsss' crew, a ragtag bunch, drew their weapons and Ihsss put up her hand. She met the Commander's face and stared at him, suddenly revolted, as he was to see their faces. She took his hand.


"Ihsss T'Larra." She replied, "Commander of this ragtag crew of the starship, SS Magellanic Clouds. We are at your service."


 An hour elapsed and their ship was repaired in record time. Ihsss and the young officer stood on the top of the Starship. In the windows, the reptilian Captain could see her crew. She moved to embrace the human officer warmly.


"I will see you on Earth." Ihsss said, "MY crew and I thank you, and your government, for your assistance." The young human smiled, saluted. Captain T’Larra, fifteen minutes, later arrived on the bridge. "Veloxa, power us up, and plot course parallel with the Earth Space Destroyer and their fleet."


"Aye, Captain," He said, smiling as she sat down. Ihsss sat in her seat and she panned a gaze to her crew.


On board the Marauder, there was great discussion among the crew about the strange beings they had seen on the ship called the Magellanic Clouds. The ones who had assisted out there, said very little other than they thought they were weird, but seemed really intelligent and nice. Outside, the Clouds paralleled the Space Destroyer, keeping up with it and staying alongside. Hi'Mthsss sat watching the view screen, listening to the chatter of the communications that went through to the other planets and ships. They soon arrived at Earth.


Thankfully, with the battle at Pluto, the whole SOL star system was on full alert, which made it easier for the Clouds to travel to Earth.


"Earth Control�" Hi'Mthsss said, "This is the SS Magellanic Clouds, requesting landing clearance."


"This is Earth Defense Control, permission granted, land at coordinates twelve, fifty one, forty three."


"Acknowledged, and with thanks." Ihsss replied.


"Continue landing procedure and I will be in sickbay." The Captain announced, turning to walk off the bridge.


"Captain is off the bridge." A voice announced as the doors closed behind Ihsss. The lift moved swiftly to the Deck 5, and the cab opened allowing her to exit. Walking with quick steps and a long stride, the reptilian Captain arrived at sickbay. She walked through the hatch. Ihsss had walked fast, practically ran to the Sick Bay, eager to see the patient that the ship's doctor was treating, a hero of Earth.


"Doctor Platt." Ihsss said, as the willowy doctor turned and eyed the Captain, "How is our patient?"


"He's a little confused, and awake." Replied the doctor, and Ihsss met the face of Avatar, at his bearded, seamed face and confused expression.


"Who are you?" asked Avatar "Where am I?"


"You are on board the SS. Magellanic Clouds, a vessel of the Thyrnn Government." Ihsss replied, "Captain, do you remember what happened to you?"


"Who am I?" Asked Avatar, "What are you?"


"He was dead, clinically. There is no memory of who he is." Platt replied, "This is very bad."


"You are Captain Abraham Avatar, of Earth, Commander of the Yamato." Ihsss said, "You had died saving Earth and somehow were revived by a static charge."


Avatar listened in silence, his mouth open and his face showing no hint of recognition of the name that was spoken many times by the willowy Doctor or Ihsss.


"Sir, we're taking you home." She said, "To Earth."


"Earth�?" Avatar replied with a questioning look and frown appearing on his face. A moment later, the intercom whistled.


�"Bridge to Captain," Hi’Mthsss� voice said.


"Ihsss here." replied Ihsss, touching the button on the wall intercom.


"Earth Control informs us that we are on final approach to Earth." Hi'Mthsss replied.


"Okay." Ihsss replied, "I'll be up in a moment."


"Acknowledged," Hi'Mthsss replied, and the channel closed. Ihsss turned, walking toward the doors that slid obediently open for her.


"If he's strong enough, bring him to the bridge." The Captain said, "We're about to land."


"Aye�" Platt replied and he walked to stand beside the befuddled Captain Avatar. The doctor hit him with an injector, and he had the human back lay back.


Ihsss walked quickly down the hall, still in awe that the Captain was alive. As she headed to the turbo lift, that would take her to the bridge, her mind was in turmoil at what she would face. The man who sat in sickbay was dead, that was a fact, and yet by a strange twist of fate that he had once more been brought back from the dead. He was a hero, to the earthlings, and she wondered how they would react to have a hero returned to them. Ihsss T'Larra stepped into the lift.


"We have an interesting problem." Ihsss muttered, "I wonder how this is going to turn out." She had no idea, in fact, how Earth would take this and knew they had now only a few minutes before they would land. Slowly, her eyes trailed the lift, and the doors snapped open. Again the familiar sounds of the bridge assaulted her senses and she stepped onto it.


"Captain's on the bridge!" A voice announced. As Ihsss approached her chair, she nodded to her First Officer.


"Report..." Ihsss ordered, crossing the bridge and to her command chair.


"We are on final approach Captain." Felonious said, getting up and moving to his side, allowing the reptilian woman to sit, "We have a trajectory plotted and we're prepared to lay it in."


"Very well�" Ihsss replied, and turned to her daughter.


"Earth Defense Control, this is the Magellanic Clouds, on final approach and on final landing procedures." She said warmly.


"This is Earth Defense control, affirmative Clouds we have you on course, follow beacon and welcome." The strong voice said.


"Clouds acknowledge and confirms." She said, and she made a throat cutting gesture. Hi'Mthsss closed the channel.


"Veloxa, you're on manual." Ihsss coached.


"I got her Ihsss." Veloxa replied, "It's been a while."


Veloxa's claw-like hands danced over her console, holding the ship level, as it entered orbit.


"We have orbit Captain." Thyrac announced, "The Marauder is descending."


"Hold here in an asynchronous orbit, and when ready follow them in, but keep a wide opening." Ihsss said, "We don't need to crowd them."


"Aye�" replied the Helmsman and Navigator simultaneously. Outside in space, the ship maintained steady orbit and waited for the window that allowed the ships to move freely through the atmosphere for landing on the surface.


Behind Ihsss, the willowy doctor appeared on the bridge and beside the doctor is Captain Avatar, dressed in his uniform. Ihsss had turned and the crew of the bridge was on their feet. A mass salute was directed to Avatar. A smile appeared on Ihsss' face, meeting the crew's faces with a nod. As for Avatar, he slowly raised his hand and returned the salute. A loud applause echoed across the bridge.


"We are at thirty thousand kellins, ready for decent." Felonious announced as the crew resumed their duties.


"Retros active," Veloxa added, "Holding steady trim and descending."


"Very well�" Ihsss replied, as the view below was of a green landscape, and a vast blue ocean. A large twinkle on the landscape indicated the city, the one they would be landing at.


"Captain Avatar, I had you brought to the bridge for a reason." Ihsss said, "Do you recognize this place?" The confused human shook his head, and Captain T’Larra motioned to the doctor.


"That's your home." Ihsss said, pointing to the view screen.


"Earth analysis is complete Captain T'Larra. Planet has nitrogen oxygen atmosphere, rates nine on the planetary scale, class M. Mostly nitrogen, oxygen, but it has mild traces of carbon and methane. Pressure is twenty nine, point nine three, gravity one point one in strength." Felonious said, "Average temperature is seventy four degrees ranging from arctic to searing in rating. It has seven major seas and several major mountain chains in several areas on the visible continents."


"Sounds quite cold�" Ihsss said, "Average altitude?"


"Some places its sea level to over ten thousand in the mountains." Felonious replied, "Sounds actually unique…”


Captain Avatar watched in bleak silence, his mind in turmoil of where he was, or what he was looking at. The planet to him did not ring a bell as being familiar to him.


"Clouds veer six degrees to port, and land at landing bay twelve." A voice said and Veloxa's claw like hands danced rapidly, making the ship veer slightly. The dampeners for the motion hummed into life, but not quick enough. Avatar hit the rail.


"Are you alright?" Platt asked, beside him in a flash. The willowy doctor glared at Veloxa. He silently cursed at the Insectoid Helms-woman, shaking a tentacle at him.


"Sorry Doctor." The Insect Helms-person apologized.


"Keep it steady Vel." Ihsss cautioned, "Not too many bumps."


The ship outside was aglow, as it continued through the atmosphere. The hull red by the heat and friction being subjected to the ship as the gravity and envelope rubbed against the skin of the ship. Ihsss turned to Captain Avatar, who held his head with his hand.


"Where am I?" Avatar said, "D-did we save Earth? Who are you?"


"You are on board the SS. Magellanic Clouds." Ihsss said, "A ship of the Thyrnn government across space. Do you remember what happened to you?"


"What happened to the Yamato?" He rasped, "The last thing I remember was the explosion."


"You saved your planet. You saved them all." She replied, "We are at Earth though, by your calendar it's been one year since you did that. You were killed in action."


"Was the ship destroyed?" Avatar asked, and Ihsss nodded.


"We found you outside the solar system. We did not revive you, there was an attack by a new mutual enemy and it fired upon us, casing great damage. You were in stasis when a charge of energy ripped through your body and somehow you were brought back to life. You seemed to be preserved in a partial vacuum and low oxygen state in the section we found you in." Ihsss explained, then managed a toothy grin at his reaction to his astonished position.


Avatar said nothing, as he gripped the rail, and Ihsss turned to the view screen


"Your reputation precedes you." She formally said, "You exploits are almost legendary, as are the Yamato's crew."


"I was only on one mission, to Iscandar, and the second one to save Earth." He replied, "But it is my thanks, you should have left me where I was."


"There is another adventure happening and Earth will have to fight again." Ihsss told him, "Perhaps with your help we will be able to solve both our dilemmas. Perhaps to save Earth from destruction and also return my crew back to the time we belong."


Avatar was stunned, as Ihsss casually turned toward the helm.


"You are not from this time?" Avatar asked, "A time-warp?"


"Affirmative..." Ihsss replied, "Approximately six hundred years. We were pulled through an anti-matter vortex after tracking a task force rumored to be doing a time warp of their own. We were jumped and destroyed a scout ship that pulled us into the anti-matter vortex they created."


"That means you are here to change history?" Avatar asked, "What about the paradox? What exactly is your mission in our time?"


"We are here to eliminate Aquarius. It is being used as a base for a Cybernetic race called the Cybertron that has enslaved the universe in our own time and destroyed Earth as their first conquest. It is because you have wave technology and is the only race that can stop them. So they returned to this time, to destroy you here, so they could win the galactic war back home."


"Oh." Avatar replied curiously, and he shook his head.


"Descend and land." Ihsss said, turning to the helm, "All hands brace for landing."


The ship hovered and a thud as the massive ship landed on the landing legs that touched the cement landing field.


"Power down complete." Veloxa said, turning and the crew was on their feet.


"Hi." Ihsss said, "Inform Earth Defense Headquarters We are down and ready to disembark."


Outside the many pilots watched from the hangars, and near their planes, as the sleek Star Cruiser Class Starship descended. It is the size of the EDC Frigate, but visibly in need of a paint job after the many patches it received to fix its hull. There were many whistles and comments about the sleek craft.


Inside the ship, Hi'Mthsss turned to the Captain when she issued the command.


"Aye Captain," She replied and a few minutes later Ihsss, Felonious and Platt, along with Hi'Mthsss walked to the hatch on the side. It is here that the reptilian Captain pushed a button, and the gantry unfolded from the side of the ship. Her gaze turned to Avatar who stood next to them with several guards. The hatch hissed and opened, allowing the breeze to enter the ship, as well as the sunlight. Ihsss squinted, and she stepped out on to the gantry. Below, several platoons of soldiers and vehicles had surrounded their ship.


"A monster..!" A voice said, and rifles were all aimed at Ihsss. Behind the guards, the Earth delegation and the maintenance crew, General Charles Singleton walked up toward the field with his top aides. Scientists also were on hand. Singleton squinted upward at the gantry, his eyes widened in surprise as Ihsss, and her ragtag officers walked toward them, surrounding Captain Avatar. Ihsss stepped forward when guards stepped in front of them, their weapons lowered at them.


"Withdraw." Ihsss muttered, raising her hand. Beside her, their security guards went back up the gantry. At the top of the gantry, they took posts at the ship's hatch. Captain T'Larra, on the other hand, stood in front of Charles Singleton, the aides, guards and everyone. Each one of Ihsss' officers saluted formally. She glanced at a few of the pilots, who had come to stare at the occupants of this strange visitor. They had whistled and catcalled, but fell deathly silent when they saw the group.


"Captain Ihsss T'Larra, Commander of the SS Magellanic Clouds a ship of the Thyrnn Government." She said, stepping forward, "These are three of my officers. To my left, the First Officer/Science Officer Felonious Purrtz, Standing on my right is my daughter, Hi'Mthsss T'Larra, Communications, and the ship's Doctor, Falora Platt."


Singleton nodded to each. "These are my aides Mitty Mc Donald and my Chief of Staff." General Singleton said, "Guards take your posts. Please this way."


Around the entire vessel, guards of Space Marines took up positions, holding their rifles ready and dressed in battle gear.


"And, forgive me," Ihsss said suddenly, "Almost forgot. Someone you know, and know well." Her officers parted and behind her, that Captain Avatar stepped forward.


There was a gasp by Singleton and the guards. Each one saluted formally.


"Abraham!" Singleton breathed, "But how?"


"We found him on the bridge section of Yamato outside your solar system. It seems on the way a static charge revived the body after we sustained several direct hits." Ihsss said, "Our report is right here."


The reptilian Captain handed him a disk. "There is a report on a great armada that is headed this way, the disk contains data from our long range probes. Some serious firepower is coming your way."


"Please." Singleton said, motioning to a jeep. They drove off the field. The crew of the Clouds was taken to Headquarters, where they were interviewed from which they told of the Armada. Analyzing the data, collected by their hop in the time continuum and by their probes, it revealed and confirmed Earth's worst nightmare as a fleet of ships raised up from the icy blue ball of Aquarius. The picture abruptly turned to static.


Ihsss walked with General Singleton, and together they headed to council chamber, from which their full report would be heard by the council. There were collective gasps that echoed through the council chamber and everyone stared in silence at the presenter of the information. Ihsss T'Larra herself.


The reptilian woman stood clad in a uniform of the Thyrnn military, a dark blue tunic, pants and black boots, bearing the shiny emblem on her collar despite the sleeve markings. Over her tunic, she wore a leather jacket that resembled the old style aviator's jacket.


"I am finished Sssirrr." Ihsss said with a nod, and she stepped back from the podium as the council sat staring at her in silence.


"We must act." Commander Singleton added, "If Ihsss is correct, this armada will be fifty times more powerful than the combined Dinguil Fleet, the Black Nebula Empire, the Bolar, and the Comet Empire. A battle, if we do nothing, will result in Earth's annihilation. We must start work on rebuilding the mechanized fleet, around the clock, and reactivate the finest crew of the EDC who would never give up a challenge."


"Have you located all of the Star force crew for reactivation to duty?" A council member asked.


"I have, and already we are filling them in on what is happening." Singleton replied, "Including the Wildstars, who is on their last assignment, pulled from Mars, as well as others from Neptune and Uranus stations."


"Commander T'Larra, if I may, you did not specify how you ended up coming to this time." The President of EDC asked.


"We were tracking the armada ssssthips as it sssstarted their time warp. We were attacked, and upon destroying the sssscout, it opened up an anti-matter vortex and it dragged the remaining Cybertron and us into it.


"From how far in the future?" A council member asked, "If I may be permitted."


"Sssix hundred years�." Ihsss said, "All I am authorized to tell you that the battle you face is with a muchth sssuperior technology. With our joint effort, we should be able to win the day. It will be much harder, I realize, without the Yamato."


Ihsss met the council's reactions, with a silent toothy grin, knowing she had persuaded them into action and she nodded to Charles Singleton.


"I will gather my crew, and fill them in at once." The reptilian officer said, and with that she saluted formally. She glanced down at her wrist, speaking into the wristband that she wore there.


A day or so later, their meeting postponed, Major Aquilera, and Lieutenant Commander Miller walked along the hall of headquarters, running a tad bit late for a briefing with a special-forces unit assigned to destroy Aquarius. As they make their way down the sterile white corridor, Seth managed a glance at his chronometer and grimaced as he read the time. '15:57' the numbers said, and he let out a sharp exhale realizing they are almost twenty minutes late, held up elsewhere on the base.


The young officer is clad in the standard light blue, blue uniform and he carries a leather briefcase containing their orders from General Singleton. Seth beside him wears the standard green and black uniform of the Space Marines. The young officer carries a stern, cold expression on his face, focused on the task, to destroy Aquarius.


The only thing that troubled the young officer is the plan of attack, reviewing it earlier in the day after the meeting with General Singleton and his staff. He absently returned salutes as he passed others in the corridor.


Lieutenant Commander Miller and Major Aquilera both chatted informally about the order and strategy, both agreeing that something should be done to change their plan of attack.


The plan was to warp into the sector where Aquarius was located, and drop a team in a landing craft to the surface where they would plant charges to destroy Aquarius' Tritium Mine. The only trouble was it was in the middle of over fifty or more Cybertron warships that orbited planet, with dozens on the ground, including troops. In the conference room, his team waits for the briefing to start and Sergeant Major Perry quickly inspected the team, making doubly sure that everything is in order for the Lieutenant Commander assigned with the Major. Lieutenant Kino Minezati stepped forward outside as the Major and Lieutenant Commander approached.


"Attention on Deck!" The Sergeant Major shouted and everyone was on his or her feet as Major Aquilera stepped into the room with Lieutenant Commander Miller. Everyone saluted formally.


"As you were�" The young Lieutenant Commander replied, casually returning the salutes and he stood at the head of the long conference room. He panned a glance at the surroundings and to the others in the team, clad in the green and black uniform of the EDC Space Marines. He smiled when he saw Sergeant Major, the only man in the stasis crew who turned down a promotion to a Warrant Officer. He took another couple of stripes, making it three up and three down. His reason was that it took more than just a rank to execute a mission. He nodded a silent greeting to the Sergeant.


“Who’s the new fish Major?� Corporal Hicks asked, and the Major motioned to the Lieutenant Commander.


"I am Lieutenant Commander Miller. I have been assigned as your pilot for the trip down and back.� He said formally.


“What happened to Warrant Officer McGowan�?�


“He took up sick with measles from his youngest.� Seth said, “So I found a suitable replacement.�


There was a mutter from the gathered Marines, and a groan from them.


“Don’t let his appearance fool you, he may be a second officer aboard a Heavy Cruiser, he is the one who was part of a stasis group like me, and he can fight hard like the best Marine.� Seth snarled, “I can vouch for that, having known him for a long time.�


A respectful silence fell on the room and Seth nodded.


�"Excellent, there are no questions or complaints. If everyone is ready then we can dispense the formalities and get right to it." The Major said sternly, sitting in a chair at the head of the conference room table.


He briefed them on the information at hand, given to them by the Magellanic Clouds crew, and in some detail of their objective, Aquarius. He noted the heavy hardware that would precede the invasion force, and the fighters that the Space Destroyers assignment to this task would encounter. Other information was clearly outlined for the mission objective and each stage of the drop.


"Who the hell setup the tactics for this mission?" Perry asked, "What they are asking here is suicide."


"The headquarters tactician team and intelligence unit set this up." Major Aquilera chimed in.


"You know that's an oxymoron, right?" Manual asked and the Major and Commander grinned broadly. Everyone read on, glancing at the overhead chart diagram related to the information on the page.


“Jesus it’s a meat grinder and all of us dumped into it.� Seth grumbled and Perry nodded his head.


“How so Major�?� The Lieutenant asked.


“I think what he means is how it should be is that it is better suited than warping into the sector and getting hammered by fifty plus to one odd. We need a ship that is equipped with a cloaking device or jamming device. It is the only way this is going to work is to get us in close to the drop point. The ship can stay in orbit, so long as it remains cloaked until extraction and with maybe a diversion to keep the enemy…” Nathaniel started to say, but his thought was interrupted by a group entering the room.


Both Miller and Aguilera recognized it as the General, Commander, and a few unknown people they had never seen before.


"Attention!" A voice said, and everyone was on his or her feet. The Lieutenant Commander turned to see General Singleton, Commander Mc Donald, Ihsss T'Larra, Felonious Purrtz, Hi'Mthsss T'Larra and Falora Platt enter the room. Major Aquilera was on his feet, moving toward the General and the Commander.


"As you were�" The General replied, motioning to the Clouds' crew to be seated.


"I apologize for being late," General Singleton, said formally, "I'd like the Clouds' crew to be on the strike briefing."


"No problem, General." Major Aquilera replied, "We were just going over strike targets, and reconnaissance data."


"I heard your comments from outside. I hope you have a better solution than what was prepared by our tactics team?" Singleton asked.


"I don't at this moment, sir." Major Aquilera said, and glanced at the Lieutenant Commander next to him.


"I see," Singleton, replied, "Do you at least have a recommendation?"


"What we need is a ship that is either well armored like Yamato, able to take hits and keep on fighting, or a ship that is equipped with jamming mechanism, and/or a cloaking device. We also should have a task force, to keep the enemy busy, while we slip in to do the drop and recovery. So the Commander can get us in there, and drop us, and extract us when we are finished."


Seth noted the reptilian Captain had a toothy grin on her face.


“Something that is light, and maneuverable from which they can keep from being a target as they orbit I mean but also take a beating like a Dreadnought.�


"I have a sthholution." Ihsss declared, "The Magellanic Cloudsss is sssso equipped. We sssshould sssset the Yamato crew in the Destroyer with your tassssk force to act assss a decoy. They will lure the enemy off while the Cloudssss slip in and deposssitsss the team in atmosphere in their landing craft then sssstandby, cloaked, until ready to evacuate and hit the detonator as we leave orbit."


“Perfect!� Nathaniel said, pointing to Ihsss who grinned, “Exactly! Now with that said, we need to figure out how long we need to be in orbit and how many transports to use for landing.�


“We should split the team in two and converge on the main shaft.� Seth said, “Hit them in both directions and enter here.�


He pointed to the diagram on the screen of the recon information provided by the Cloud’s crew.


"Detonator is set for ten mega-meters. I will up to fifteen and give us some leeway. Gunnery Sergeant Jeevers said, "I will have our resident tech set that up. Is there anything you all might need, besides the detonator and high explosives?"


"Let see, some night vision, goggles, infrared scanner, and various anti-personnel weapons that can be effective against Cybernetic targets." Lieutenant Minazaki chimed in, "Or the equivalent of equipment. I would recommend mainly claymore mines, which shoot out explosive charges for up to fifty feet. Just to cover our escape, if things get dicey."


"A wise precaution but we don't need to be bogged down with too much unnecessary equipment." Seth replied, "This is going be a fast in and out job and we're not taking on the ground forces if there are any. Maybe the guards and selected targets, but we are going to keep a low profile."


"Well we need to cover our tracks, if we alert the task force by removing those targets." Sergeant Major Perry replied icily, "Best to be careful."


"Very selective targets�" The Major said, "I concede the point though, safety net if things get out of whack. I got that. This has to be done fast, smooth and cleanly."


"That looks good on paper, but when it comes right down to it, the grunts are going to get the brunt of the action." A corporal said gruffly and Manual shot him a dirty look.


"On that note, Major Aquilera and I will be in the trenches with you, not monitoring from ship bound." The Lieutenant Commander replied, "I firmly believe in hands on support, and pulling my own weight."


"Great, we're going to be babysitting the brass instead.� Hicks snarled.


“How many combat mission have you been on Commander?" Another voice said sarcastically, and Manual cleared his throat in annoyance.


"Just so you know, the chances of us returning in one piece just doubled with the Major and the Commander on board." Sergeant Major Perry replied coldly, "They both can kick ass, and I have seem then in action. They got the skills to do the job. They don’t need punks like you to nurse maid them through their difficulties. Don't let their background fool you either."


"Yes Sarge." A sub servant voice replied, and he glanced at the smiling Major and the grizzled Lieutenant Commander next to him, in charge of the piloting of the landing craft.


"Keep it covert as possible." General Singleton suggested. "But keep an alternate plan, just in case things don't go well."


"Aye, we'll work on that and have something before the day is out." Seth replied, nodding.


“I might suggest as an alternate, the air shafts at the points nearby could be utilized if the force is too much at the main shaft.� Commander Miller said, “Might be a wise precaution to keep those in mind. If there is less resistance, maybe make that a primary target instead of the main shaft.�


“A wise suggestion, noted.� Singleton replied, nodding his head.


For the next few minutes, there was a bit of a Q&A session, getting the final details in order for the strike. Lieutenant Commander Miller stepped out on the balcony nearby, and gazed out over the futuristic city that he technically been reawaken in and now had been living a new life. Sergeant Major Perry joined him, as did Seth Aquilera.


“We’re almost ready gents.� He said, “I’m glad you are coming along with us Commander. I didn’t know you had so much technical support with this stuff.�


“Glad to do it.� Nathaniel said, “General Singleton, I guess wanted as many people familiar with the project stasis chambers to be involved with the mission. I couldn’t leave you guys to have all the fun.�


Seth laughed, as did Manual.


“You guys need to relax. Go to the hospital and spend quality time with your missus, Seth. You too Commander, we will be shipping out soon and the more you spend time so you won’t miss them as much.�


“That’s a good idea Sergeant Major.� Seth said and grinned, glancing at his chronometer.


“You have developed a lot of wisdom for someone of your rank.� The Commander complimented.


“All part of the service, sirs.� The Sergeant Major replied and he offered a pack of cigarettes to the Lieutenant Commander and Major. They were a pack of Lucky Strikes �.


“Don’t smoke.� Nathaniel whispered, and Manual lit up a cigarette, standing downwind of the Lieutenant Commander and Major on the balcony of the Earth Defense Headquarters. Together the three men stared out over the city, at the spectacular view.


They chatted over weather, the future, and other topics but none of trio all brought up their mission. What was ahead and all three of them had their doubts about the mission, but none of the three is prepared to discuss what lie ahead for their mission or group.


Major Aquilera shook his head before he walked back into the conference room, followed by the Sergeant Major and the Commander. They took their seats. Sitting in the chair, the young officers turned his head to listen to General Singleton outline the strategy with the Clouds' Captain, staff and the strike team.


A few minutes later, the briefing broke, and Commander Miller walked down the sterile white corridor to a turbo-lift with the Major. They traveled to the first floor and walked through the tram bay to the Hospital building that was adjacent to headquarters and connected by the tram that was built underneath. As they walked both returned salutes, but were deadly silent as they entered the hospital heading to the nearest lift to the ward that Emily and Denise was located on. It arrived with a whoosh and the Major grinned.


"Just like Star Trek." He exclaimed and the Commander grinned. Both men stepped in the lift.


“God it is...� Nathaniel exclaimed, “Now don't... start... talking... like.... a... hamosaurus... Kirk...�


The Commander was doing his best William Shatner, Captain Kirk impression and Seth glanced at him both men pausing to laugh heartily.


“Jesus, its almost appropriate in this century though.� Seth remarked and both men laughed again.


"Level Please�" It said.


"Third Floor." Miller told it.


"Thank you�" It replied, making the grizzled officer put out a hand.


"Up yer shaft!" He exclaimed in his best Scotty and it jerked upward.


Seth was laughing his ass off, both men trading humor about the lift and how closely it was to the fictional series they had seen on Television a long time ago. A few moments later, they arrived on he floor and stepped outside the lift.


Both men stepped onto the ward, in which they and the others who survived stayed for his stasis groups had been placed while in medical. Only he and Angie were the last survivors of the Commander’s group and the seven of the new group. The two men chatted informally as they arrived but grimaced as they saw the ward, both remembering their time spent here well.


Here the young officers walked quickly toward the familiar nurse's station. They stood respectfully when they saw them. Nathaniel noted the familiar, youthful nurses who worked this floor with the head nurse, ones he recognized from his time here in the Federal Hospital himself. Major Downing glared at him, and muttered a growl at the others at the desk.


"As you were," Seth said quickly, flashing his coded identification, "Please, carry on."


Commander Miller flipped out his as well.


Both passed the station, and Major Downing followed him.


“Hey! You two cannot come on to my floor, without checking in with me first in this ward. You know that, it’s a restricted Ward.�


"Major. My visit is not a social call." The Major replied, "I am coming from General Singleton, official business."


She rolled her eyes, and scoffed silently at his statement.


"Just get your butts off my floor." She told him, "I can call security you know, you are not welcome here."


"Look, Major, I don't have to be here. You know, I can always report the uncooperative staff of the hospital to the General." Seth said sternly, "Just let me do my job and what I am ordered to do. He orders, we move, it is that simple. You of all people should understand performance of your duty."


She grimaced at the statement and said nothing as the two men stood there.


The young Major, and Commander realizing their good moods had gone, tapped their hand on the uniform leg, and spun leaving her standing there. He had pointed out discipline, and carrying out orders of a superior officer. The Major and Lieutenant Commander had a job to do.


As they walked the familiar corridor, both saw Angie Stethem-Miller, the Commander’s new wife leaning on the door of their room. She was dressed informally, in a casual non-military outfit, a rather attractive attire of a red tunic and pants. She had the symbol of the EDC pinned on the breast of her jacket.


"Nathaniel!� Angie said, gasping as she saw him and embraced, kissing him quite passionately, "I was just thinking about you. Damn I miss you, when you are working, and wish those quarters were ready. I so want you right now."


“I know, honey, me too.� He replied, and grinned at her, kissing her on the lips. He put his arm around her, sitting with her on a bench outside the room belonging to Emily and Denise. He eyed her curiously, at the attire. He noted no uniform. It was the first time he had seen her outside of a uniform and she was rather attractive in the new age outfit.


Angie eyed the Major, and grinned. “How are you doing Major?�


“Not bad, not bad. Is she in?�


“They are changing and showering.� The young Commander’s wife reported.


“Ohhh� I wish I was in there with her, damn it.� Seth muttered, and grimaced.


Angie giggled quietly and Nathaniel grinned broadly.


"Ah, so this a social call I take it?" Her husband asked.


"How'd you guess?" She replied, and he shrugged.


"Your outfit gives you away." He replied, grinning at his wife. Angie smiled at him back as she spun in place and he managed an impressed nod.


"Don't you ever get out of that uniform Nathaniel?" Angie asked, "You ever let your hair down?" He grimaced, shaking his head.


“With this new project, they are running me ragged.� He complained and the new wife frowned.


“I still wish they would send someone else, beside you Seth and Manual.� She said, “We’re all hardly qualified to fight their war.�


“I know it, but orders are orders.� Major Aquilera said, “Unfortunately when it comes to Aquarius, we all know that system, and power source. Otherwise I would have declined.�


The Major frowned and shook his head.


"So what's the caper tonight?" Seth asked, and was almost afraid to hear her answer.


"Was planning to take Emily and Denise for a little R&R, get them away from the hospital for a while." Angie replied grinning, "I received Doctor Sane and Commander McDonald's permission of course. Amy and Melinda will be joining us, and so will Manual and Amanda. It is the last few nights with you fellas, so we should paint the town red.�


"Hrml� Interesting�" The young Lieutenant Commander replied casually, echoing the words of someone from a very long time ago, when he was part of a Bulletin Board System.


"Okay you can come in." Emily called and the trio entered to stare at the familiar EDC uniforms. Both wore the familiar blue and dark blue uniform that Nathaniel wore. Both dubiously stared at the mirror in the room at the uniforms and both busily pinned the rank insignia, a set of single gold bars for Lieutenant JG on both their collars. Emily put on the insignia that marked her as a nurse. Denise pinned the symbol of as operations specialist on her collar for Science and Analysis. Their new jobs the young women were putting in for, to be trained on while in he EDC service. The uniforms were cut properly, flattering the formidable curves of their bodies. Emily saw Seth and ran to embrace him warmly. She kissed her new husband passionately. They stepped back after a moment.


"Damn, you both look great in those uniforms." Angie complimented.


“Outstanding.� Seth said, and he whistled, “Hubba, Hubba, baby.�


Emily laughed, and blushed, holding him warmly in her arms.


“So they let you out of prison?� She asked, and Seth grinned.


“I’m scott free and clear from Headquarters.� Seth replied, “I am off-duty for two nights, just to spend quality time with you. They were quite generous after learning of our marriage.�


She laughed loudly and leaned over toward her husband. Seth kissed his wife passionately, hungrily and they held each other in the room. They broke and sheepishly grinned at Nathaniel, Angie and Denise who were looking on, as they chattered along in their small group.


“Jesus, get a room.� Angie joked and there was laughter.


"Uh, I hope we put these uniforms on correctly." Denise complained and glanced at Emily who was smiling.


“You both look sharp.� The grizzled officer said, “Don’t worry.�


   The two grabbed a pack containing their new identification cards and slipped on the dog tags around their neck to put them under the uniform tunic. Turning their heads, Nathaniel and Angie both were smiling too, nodding in approval. They spent a couple of minutes going over the new military courtesy how to salute and rank recognition.


"You really know your stuff, how long has your group actually been out of stasis anyway?" Denise asked casually and the Commander snapped his head to look at her.


"Oh we were only awakened last year." He replied, nodding, "Don't worry you'll learn the ropes quickly. It's not hard to survive the service."


"So, are you both ready for the good times?" Angie asked, politely interrupting, and both Emily and Denise turned their head to nod.


"Just like it was two hundred years ago?" Emily replied and there was a brief chuckle, "I can't wait, bring it on."


Together they walked toward the door and into the hallway. Angie led the way with the young Lieutenant Commander and Major with his young wife, as they headed toward the turbo-lift on the other side of the nurse's station.


"Curfew is ten hundred." Nathaniel said, "We'll try to have you both back here by then. There is one place I am going to take you both and owe you both a look of a very special place here in this century."


“Curfew, Jesus I feel like I am sixteen again.� Denise said and there was laughter.


Angie had perked up on Nathaniel's statement and she nodded, realizing he was talking about the memorial where everyone was buried. The turbo-lift cab arrived with a whoosh, and the doors slid open to reveal Amanda and Manual, Amy and Melinda.


"We got your message." Amanda said quickly, glancing at Denise and Emily with a smile. "Damn, you both look great in those uniforms. They really suit you."


"I wish more of us survived the whole damn project. Eddie would have liked this."


"For sure�" Amanda prompted, "Same with Sherry and the others."


"This way�" Angie said, and they all stepped into the turbo-lift.


“Level please...� It said.


“Lobby Deck.� Angie replied sharply.


“Thank you...�


“Up yer Shaft!� The whole group said together and the lift jerked downward. There was great hysterical laughter by all.



Together, in a group, they stepped into the large plush lobby of Federal Hospital. It is an open room with plush carpets, tiled walkways and furnishings throughout. It reminded both newcomers to this century of the Doctor's office they had been at in San Francisco, Presidio where they had been screened and accepted for stasis. Emily noted several guards posted in the lobby with thick battle armor and large nasty looking rifles as they stood guard.


Many times as they passed enlisted, and higher ranking officers who they returned the salutes formally. The Lieutenant Commander merely nodded his head or flashed a quick salute to them, despite their rough looking frowns. Seth noticed he was being quite casual about acknowledging the other officers. They were technically off duty, but wearing the uniforms were required to maintain the same recognition and courtesy. They walked to the main door and the doors slid open allowing them to step through.


Outside on the street, they peered at the buildings that loomed around them, the scale much different from their perch high above them. Several Air-trams appeared into the sky as they moved on their courses to other cities. Glass tubes for the monorail system were high above them, and it reminded them of Disneyland in their century.


Denise, Emily and even the others were still amazed by the site around them and were watching everything with examining eyes. A high ranking Colonel walked toward them, and Seth crisply held a salute as he passed higher-ranking officers, arm in arm with his wife who stood on his left.


"So what do you think of the city?" Angie asked them and both Emily and Denise glanced at each other.


"It's big." Denise replied, "I didn't realize how big, until you are on the street level."


"Yeah, and it's a bit unnerving." Emily chimed in and the young Lieutenant Commander managed a chuckle. So did the Major who put his arm around his wife.


"We probably all were the same way. It took a guide for me if I had to travel around to other cities." He mused, "It was hard as hell to get used to, always forgetting where you are and what century you are living in. You will acclimate over time though."


"I know this is Federal City, but have you been home yet, Nathaniel?" Denise asked, "I know you were from the San Francisco area." He shook his head.


"My duties kept me busy a lot of the time when I am ashore. However, usually I am aboard ship. I haven’t been home yet."


"So why the hell are you going on the strike team to this Aquarius, if you are assigned aboard a ship?" Denise asked, "That makes no sense."


"I have knowledge of the power sources for the stasis chambers and technical knowledge." Nathaniel replied gently, "They temporarily pulled me from my ship to assist in the strike because of that knowledge of the chambers, their power sources and because I am also from the twentieth century. I cannot let Seth and Manual go alone. It wouldn’t be right and Singleton knew that.�


"There's something else I can't wait to see." Denise said, "Actually serving aboard a ship in space. We were just entering space travel to Mars two hundred years ago. That's hard to believe."


"They have stations on all the planets, or orbiting stations. Ships and people actually serve in those places too." Angie explained. "Earth has advanced a lot since we were in the twentieth century."


Lieutenant Commander Miller nodded to his wife who led the way, and the group chatted, joked, laughed and carried on while on the main drag. The newcomers took in the sights of the city. There were whistles and catcalls from civilian clothed personnel who stood outside the surroundings disco-techs. Denise smiled at them. A few minutes later, Angie stopped at the entry of the restaurant they frequently had inhabited while in New Tokyo, the one they found on today's internet.


"We're here." She murmured and she opened the door.


'The Silken Rose�.' The sign read and a smell of oriental cooking heavily permeated the air.


"Smells good," Denise, commented, "I hope they have good food."


“Oh they do indeed.� Nathaniel prompted and motioned to Angie as he opened the door. He allowed the women to step through first and stepping through the doors they stood before a podium in a rather large entry foyer that connects with the eating and service areas.


The foyer itself has a fountain in one corner and a bench adjacent to it. Seating in the form of tables littered the room and booths along the windows. It is two levels and there is a sweeping staircase here, leading to the floor above them. Throughout the adjacent room that connects the foyer, it is decorated with many panels of brush paintings and ancient writings. The floor is tiled with a white decorative tile trimmed in blue. Plush dark maroon colored carpet lined the floor throughout the restaurant. Above them, old style Japanese lanterns hang from the ceiling to light the rooms.


Angie turned to the young oriental man, who stood at the podium, holding menus and who nodded formally to the party.


"Haw many in your perty prease?" The host asked and Angie glanced at the group quickly. All were fighting a grin.


"Nine." Angie said, and the host nodded.


"One moment prease, I have to setup yaur tabre."


"Thank you." Angie replied, bowing slightly to the host who smiled at her.


"You know the customs well." Denise complimented making Angie smile as she motioned to a nearby bench and they all sat, laughing and talking amongst themselves. Many people, non-hilarious groups seated and unseated, frowned as they watched the rowdy group of people in the foyer. Laughter echoed through the room, as the Lieutenant Commander made a joke relating to the host that was about to seat them. The Major shot back a joke, and more rowdy laughter echoed through the foyer.


"Dis way prease." The host said, and they all stood, and they followed the oriental man toward the corner table that was setup to seat all eight of them. Menus littered the table. Nathaniel and Seth held their chairs for their new wives, as Manual held the chair for Amanda. They guys also held the chairs for Denise, Melinda, and Amy. They took a seat a moment later.


A young woman appeared at one end of the table with a touch pad.


"I am here to correct your drenk ordar." She said, and there was sharp laughter.


"Gee, didn't know there was anything wrong with it." Amanda spouted off and more laughter followed.


"I'll have a Rong Isrand Ice Tree." Nathaniel said and there were choked snickers among the group.


"Pardon me?" The woman asked and he frowned.


"You know a Rong Isrand Ice Tree?" He repeated and she frowned at him. He muttered a silent curse under his breath.


"…Long Island Ice Tea."


"Ah-so, yes�." She said, putting it on her pad.


"Beer�." Manual said.


"Prum Wine." Amy said solemnly, with a deadpan straight face. More laughter echoed the room.


"Excuse prease?" The women asked, cocking her head apparently not getting the humor behind their responses.


"A grass of prum wine�" Amy repeated, "Prease."


 The girl frowned, trying to understand the patrons before them.


"Jesus." Amy muttered to herself and aloud she spoke quickly. "Plum wine please�"


"Make that two." Melinda said.


"Make that three." Amanda added.


"I'll do the beer thing too." Denise ordered.


"Tequira Sunrise." Emily said and there was a smile all around.


"Ah so, Tequira Sunrise�" The woman replied, and she managed a grin at the group, suddenly understanding their humor. She realized they were teasing her, making fun of her accent.


"Just a Soda�." Angie ordered, grimacing at the frowns her friends gave her. They glanced at each other in wonder.


"I didn't want to drink tonight." Angie murmured, "Just a little upset stomach tonight."


“I’m in for a Beer too.� Seth said, and there was a grin.


The young woman nodded before she walked away and conversation resumed the hilarity at the table at the dismay of the other patrons. Their laughter echoed the restaurant, comparing notes on what they saw so far in this century. They shared humorous stories of their arrival into this century.


When the drinks came, they all were distributed quickly and the waiter, a young oriental kid stepped up to the table.


"Can I rake your ordah?"


"Yes, so long as it's in a neat pile." Manual said jokingly and there was laughter among the group. Other patrons frowned at the table containing the stasis volunteers, quickly finishing their meal and leaving.


Soon the area around them was empty except for a few patrons. Orders were taken quickly and the discussion continued, turning to sex in the twenty-third century, a taboo topic, not appreciated by a full Colonel who sat two tables from the group with his wife and his four children. Two older ones wore the uniforms of the EDC and two younger ones sat beside them.


"…I wonder if that's possible in zero-G. That would kind of get a bit weird don't you think?" Manual said with a laugh.


"Nah probably it's done the same way. We can always try during the moon flight, on our time off together." Amanda commented followed by loud laughter from the others.


"Whoaaa� Jesus, get a room you two." Denise laughed.


"Been trying, but there is no time." Amanda replied drunkenly and there was laughter and banter among the group.


“Shit, I can’t wait till Em gets out of the Hospital. It gets lonely in those quarters of mine.� Seth said, “Hopefully soon, right dear?�


“Doctor Sane said in a few weeks.� Emily replied and there was a smile by Seth.


“That’s why god made Rosy palm and his five daughters.� Manual spouted, and there was laughter, and banter to follow on the effect of putting ones eye out.


Sitting at the table nearby, a Colonel glanced many times at the group of stasis volunteers, grimacing annoyed at the trash talk and taboo topics while they waited for their meal. They drank at least two rounds of alcoholic beverages as they waited for their food.


The Colonel, finally fed up, shook his head had pushed back his chair and walked toward the group sitting two tables over from them.


"Excuse me, Lieutenant Commander and everyone." The Colonel said formally, and Nathaniel looked up in surprise, staring at the birds on the green and black collar that now stood at his elbow. He quickly deciphered the ranking recognition.


"Yes, Colonel," He replied after a moment, addressing the superior officer "How may I be of service, SIR."


A quick hush fell over the group, as they turned their heads respectfully.


"Your voice is carrying, a topic I rather not have my young children overhear you and your party flap your big mouths about."


"It happens to be a public place Colonel, but we will try to keep it down a touch, and maybe keep the topics PG rated." Nathaniel offered and he turned his head back to the group. The high-ranking officer shook his head.


"Consider it an order and I prefer it as a courtesy to STAND, when you address a superior officer." He droned, and Nathaniel frowned, slowly standing.


"I know who you all are. You should not be wearing those uniforms." He said with a touch of disrespect, "You didn't earn them, not in this military boy. You are all dinosaurs in comparison and are hardly all EDC material. I'll see to it you people don't last in this man's military."


"Oh I heard an asshole boy." Manual said, pushing away from the table, as did Seth and Amanda readying for action.


"With all due respect, Colonel," Nathaniel said with a snarl, "Fuck you� Sir�"


He snapped off a fast salute with the middle finger extended and there was a brief pause, as he turned his back on the officer. At first, there were surprised looks on the faces of the stasis group, their jaws dropping open in awe at what was just said by the young officer, and their friend. A low hush rounded the table, as smiles appeared on the stasis member's faces. They applauding the Lieutenant Commander a moment later. He smiled back and bowed slightly at the waist.


The stunned Colonel stammered and sputtered as his face turned dark purple with rage.

"How dare you speak to me in that manner, do you know who I am?"


"No who�? The pope�?" Seth spouted off and there were snickers among the members of the stasis group. The Lieutenant Commander put up his hand calling for silence.


"Colonel Samuel Allen Jackson, Saturn Station." He rasped, "Your, er� a superior officer."


"Yea�? Bully for you. I will have you know, Heir Colonel, we did earn these uniforms and we are definitely the kind of people you would want as EDC material. We fucking aye earned it, putting our asses on the line for Earth, king, country by risking two hundred years and possibly death by volunteering for that deep freeze." The Lieutenant Commander snarled belligerently, "And what did we get for it? We lost fifteen people, good men and women in that bloody stasis project between two groups. As well, we lost two hundred years, our friends, our families, everything we cared about, a home and got a world that totally forgot about us. Thanks to a terrorist, who tried to kill us all, and our world assumed we had been lost. That is what we got, we were screwed, blew, and tattooed at the same fucking time. Now, you welcome us home, with some fucked up bullshit like this. Nice fucking welcome, nice fucking century and with all due respect, which I have none, you are an asshole, sir."


"Doo-rah�" Manual replied, glancing at the stunned expressions on the stasis member's faces and then to the hard expression of the Lieutenant Commander, his friend and high school buddy of long ago. A stunned silence moved across the room, as the Colonel stammered, his face turning purple with rage again.


Nathaniel paused as he glanced at the group, who was surprised by his comments, but it had been the truth. He then glanced at the room, at the few others patrons who were present. His comments had drove the point home, to remind them all that there was a lot of life lost among the stasis crew and sacrifice made to protect Earth, just like the many who died in the Star Force and on Earth over the Holocaust of radiation bombing that decimated the planet. Everyone had forgotten that fact, and he merely reminded them the group was the same, having lost everything in their world too, long ago. Their loss had been war with the Gamelans but the stasis crew had volunteered, forcefully losing everything, thanks to a terrorist's bomb that destroyed the chamber. In addition their world assuming they were lost and not bothering to dig into the chamber to recover their bodies at that second, the world events at the time much worse than before. Attention had focused on the turmoil on the world events and when it was finally averted and diffused, they had been forgotten, no one remembering or wanting to find out of the stasis groups were alive or not, buried in the bunkers under the Presidio of San Francisco.


There were stunned expressions on a lot of the faces present around them, and regret on a few of the others, his point very clear to the situation at hand.


"I think we are done here gang." Nathaniel said icily, turning to his friends and they nodded slightly, as they stood in silence. Here, the young Lieutenant Commander charged his bill with the credit system, paying for the meal that they had not even received yet, and for the drinks that were not quite finished before they filed out into the street. Seth held his wife’s arm as they exited the building.


"I want to go find a bar and drink till I am not sober." Nathaniel said sternly, "To forget that asshole's face. What a fucking jerk, I surely wanted to pop him a new one. It would have been worth a haul in the brig, being a higher rank or not."


"I'd be right with you too, skip. Who was that person anyway? He had a lot of fucking nerve." Manual asked.


“Same here…” Seth grumbled, “If you wouldn’t have said something, I would have popped that jerk. What a hypocrite.�


"He's one of the battalion Commanders of Saturn Station." Angie replied, "He's a stickler, every times he comes to Earth the EDC hops to. They give him spit and polish or you hear him bitch from lower ranks to upper echelons. The Command Generals listen to him. He is some great hero and tactician within the EDC. He could cause you great grief, now that you told him what you think of him."


"He's an idiot." Amanda murmured, "We did nothing wrong, but have a normal conversation. Even though we were, I admit, getting a bit rowdy. But when did that stop us before though, when we were together painting the town red in San Francisco?"


"Hey it's us." Melinda replied, "Old and new friends on our first meal together as friends, together again after two hundred years� That guy just needs to pull his head out of his ass and cut us a little slack."


"You certainly gave them something to think about." Angie mused and Nathaniel turned his head to smile.


"I meant every fucking word too." He replied.


Turning, the group heard conversation and music. A crowd of people stood outside a bar, drinking and talking. They went toward it.


"Hey wait up!" A voice shouted, as several uniformed officers, patrons while in the restaurant who were there around when the Colonel walked up toward them, all carried bags. They handed them to them.


"You all forgot your meal." A Lieutenant told them, "Don't worry the boys and I settled up for you at the bar. You guys have some brass balls, excuse me ladies, for standing up to Colonel Bonehead, Jackson."


They handed them the bills, getting cash to give to the Lieutenant Commander. The stasis group smiled at the politeness of the youthful officer.


"Thanks�"


"So where are you all headed, it's early for heading in."


"To the Nearest Bar, sir." Manual spoke up, and there were smiles as the two officers pointed to the bar where the group was walking.


"Ironic you guys are headed to the hottest bar that EDC inhabits." He told them. "Come with me, the first round is on me."


 There was a cheer by the group as the mingled with the officers and enlisted that had seen the fight at the Silken Rose. As they stepped in, the place was crowded with uniformed personnel, and not. A few of them glanced at the door as the stasis personnel entered and some stepped aside allowing them to head to the bar.


"Hey look it's the group from the past!" A voice said, and the room fell to a hushed silence as applause thundered among the uniformed personnel.


"I am buying you the first round on us." A full Commander declared, "For your bravery and service for Earth. You guys are the bravest people I have ever met, second to the Star force and deserve a top brash welcome into the century the right way."


"With thanks." Nathaniel said formally.


“Fuck ya.� Seth said, and the banter started up among the group.


"…And for telling Colonel Samuel Allen Jackson where to fricking go." Another voice said and laughter followed. "He's the hardest dick in the EDC and you stood up to him. That takes some huge brass balls to do that."


The speaker paused sheepishly, glancing at the women among the stasis personnel and nodded. "I was speaking figuratively of course� with my apologies ladies."


"Don't worry about offending these ladies of stasis they probably could take you down before you could say Jack Robinson." A voice said, and heads turned to see Alex Sandor who walked toward them all, raising his hand in greeting.


"Apparently news gets around." Seth said to his group and there were smiles among them, "Looks like we're famous."


He put on his aviator glasses and he moved to the bar where beers were put in their hand. There was laughter among the stasis volunteers. The conversation moved through the bar like wildfire.


"A toast," A voice said, "To the bravest men and women in the EDC and the newest sensation. May they have profitable careers, long lives and welcome home!"


"Thank you all." Nathaniel and Seth replied simultaneously, holding up the beer mug before they all downed it as a cheer echoed the bar.


Laughter followed as conversation resumed and they stood drinking, clearly welcomed by the personnel in the bar. Turning his head Manual grinned when he saw Cory Conroy, Dash Jordan, Christopher Eager, Homer Glitchman and Chief Yamazaki standing at the bar. All found their way to the stasis personnel and Sandor clapped the Lieutenant Commander on the back.


"How are you doing there, Lieutenant Commander? How bout it Major?" Sandor asked and Nathaniel turned, grinning, as did Seth.


"Not bad, you�?" He replied, "The mission ship out date is in a couple of days, are you all ready?"


"Yea, all set and briefed, we set about the Heavy Space Cruiser Whirlwind tomorrow and get situated with the crew and the Captain."


Nathaniel nodded and he turned to the barkeep. "Keep them coming, our plan is to wake up in the alcohol ward and love every minute of it!" Laughter and cheers followed as the Major chugged another beer as they chanted.


"I like your guy's style." A voice complimented.


"We got a secret admirer!" Manual boasted, holding up a mug and handing it to the speaker who smiled broadly. Music resumed, as stories and conversation moved through the bar, making the stasis personnel feel welcomed by their peers. Better than what they got with a certain Colonel. They inhabited a back table where they feasted on the Japanese Food from their first stop and continued with the beers, bought by many of the patrons.


 But little did they know that would all change with the formation as this new time progressed forward.


"A toast," A voice had said, "To the bravest men and women in the EDC and the newest sensation. May they have profitable careers, long lives and welcome home!"


"Thank you all." Nathaniel and Seth replied simultaneously, holding up the beer mug before they all downed it as a cheer echoed the bar. Laughter followed as conversation resumed and they stood drinking, clearly welcomed by the personnel in the bar.

Meanwhile in the office of the EDC, Colonel Jackson stood at attention as he waited for General Singleton and General Sloan to acknowledge his presence.


"General, your new recruits from the past clearly was out of control and I want to file personal charges against that Lieutenant Commander, their leader." He said with a sneer. "What's his name� err� Miller. He was disrespectful, rude, and uncooperative. He threatened a superior officer and refused a direct order."


"I think they probably had a very good reason." Singleton replied firmly, "They were probably blowing off steam after all they have been through."


"They still need to learn discipline and honor to wear these uniforms." Replied the Colonel and he glanced at Command Mitty McDonald who was slightly smiling.


"They should not be wearing those uniforms, not until they earned the right to wear it." He said, "I want him on the block, and to learn what it means to be in the EDC and know discipline."


"I am glad you find this amusing Commander." He said sternly.


"It's not amusing, it's very serious." Mitty replied coldly, "According to your charge, he broke seven regulations of proper conduct as an EDC Officer. They were in a public place, though, not as they were on base or anything. They had permission to be off base and off-duty to take in the sights and acclimate themselves to life in this century."


"They all had permission of Doctor Sane, who thought in a medical opinion, that it would be very helpful." The General added, "If you think they are unfit for duty, I can have them confined to the Hospital until they are officially released by Sane, and they start and complete OCS school at the Academy or training."


"I think some time in the brig should be added and see how they like that." Colonel Jackson replied, "I don't like being made a fool of."


"Yes, yes, if they make it back from their assignment in one piece. Singleton replied firmly, "They are shipping out soon to Aquarius on an assignment that could lead to their deaths anyway. The rank increase was there, to thank them for their service for Earth, and at least give them a sense of purpose back in a new world."


Jackson gasped quietly, astonished by the statement. He grimaced suddenly feeling a bit foolish when they were only trying to be human again in a new place and time.


"Who came up with the plan anyway, that Lieutenant Commander?" Sam asked and General Singleton shook his head. "The tactician team did that, he only adjusted the plan slightly utilizing the new ship that came to us as a visitor to Earth. Their mission is to destroy Aquarius. If they fail, we are faced with a large task force headed to Earth."


"Outstanding you are going to drop them all into a meat grinder?"


"No, actually, Lieutenant Commander Miller and Sergeant Major Parry are taking a squad of twenty-four Space Marines aboard the Space Cruiser and they are going to lead the assault personally on Aquarius."


"For that�?" Colonel Jackson asked, "One ship versus a task force? That's crazy."


"We are sending the Star Force aboard the EDC Whirlwind and Task force two to act as decoys, to keep the Cybertron task force busy. The SS Magellanic Clouds is equipped with a cloaking device and is going to slip in, deposit the team and extract them when the job and charges are set."


"If they succeed at this mission, I want to have these charges pending dropped against them all, Sam. I would like them honored like the Star Force, welcomed fully in the EDC and the new century." Singleton said formally. "It is the least we can do for them. They have nothing else left of their old lives, they might as well be acclimated in this century."


"I guess if you say so, sir." The Colonel grumbled. "I can concede if they do something extraordinary like pick off Aquarius I will say yes to that."


"Do we know where the stasis personnel are right now?" Singleton asked, "I would like to see them here immediately."


"No, General." McDonald replied, "They were at the Silken Rose. Where Colonel Jackson reported they were and they left in the middle of their meal."


"Oh they were in the Mikado District." Kitano piped in, "I know the area, and can locate them if you like, sir."


"I have no idea where they went, but I was glad to see them go." The Colonel grumbled.


"Alert the security forces to pick them all up." Singleton ordered, "And brought to Headquarters. I do not want any force used. It is an order, nevertheless."


"Aye, sir�." Mitty replied, hitting the button on her console.


Back on the Clouds, at the same moment, Ihsss and her crew sat on the bridge as they went over the plan and checklist discussed with Earth forces. They filled in Veloxa, Thyrac the Insectoid Helms woman and Navigator, Voloxa the Insectoid Engineer and Kwai Mao, the Weapons' Defense operator. The three who stayed to oversee the repairs to the ship while the Captain, First Officer, Communications Officer and Doctor went ashore to negotiate with Earth Defense Command.


"So that's it, they set charges on Tritium mine and one blast should globally destroy Aquarius?" Thyrac asked, "It's that easy?"


"Not that easy." Ihsss corrected, "You remember that we might have to take on fifty to one odds to win the day. She told them the plan, how it would be done and how the EDC ships would be decoy as the Clouds would slip in to drop the assault team onto the surface.


"It is not going to be easy, it just looks that way, or at least have the Earth Defense Forces hit it with their Wave Cannon." Ihsss replied, "They need to have at least one hundred and twenty seconds to setup and blast it. That would not possible in the middle of fifty plus, Cybertron Ships, possibly more by now that are on planet and the now probably several legions of robotic solders on planet. I think the charges the team sets on the mine will be sufficient to affect the whole planet's destruction."


"How much explosive did they calculate that it would take?"


"Approximately twelve, 500 pound charges set in multiple locations." Ihsss replied, "After the Earth forces set it and they evacuate, everyone will draw back, us and the EDC Forces from the planet's location within fifty parsecs. The planet will have an explosion equivalent to a Reverse Super Nova of a dwarf Star."


"Tritium implosion�?" Voloxa gasped.


"It will implode the planet and into a black hole. It is theoretical Physics�" Felonious responded quietly, "It will destroy everything in its sector, but better that than the Cybertron War Machine attacking Earth."


"What happens if the Cybertron are not destroyed?" Veloxa asked suspiciously.


"That will be sucked in the back hole, trapped forever in another time, space or dimension." Felonious replied, "The remaining ones will be destroyed by the Earth forces. If we destroy the planet here, the Cybertron will lose the war in the future."


"The odds are about seven thousand, two hundred and fifty one to one." Felonious quoted, and there were grins, "For success. I think those are pretty good, personally.�


"So when do they report here?" Veloxa asked and Ihsss met the Helms woman's bug-like features.


"In a couple of days we are departing Earth, bound for Aquarius." She replied, "If they pull this off, we win back home, and we can return to our own time."


"If we do that, there is a guarantee that we have sealed the fate of the Cybertron and possibly can go home quicker." She said, "I do appreciate your readiness and volunteering for the mission."


"Sounds dangerous, but I'm all for that." Felonious said, "But we could always stay too."


"And rewrite history with our presence on our respective home worlds?" Ihsss asked, "I know I can't return home, but most of you can."


"Rather stay in space, we have had too many fun adventures together, it wouldn't be the same." Kwai chimed in, and Ihsss grinned to nod politely.


"I agree." Veloxa replied with a smug grin and Thyrac nodded his head.


"You have my thanks for your loyalty." Ihsss declared happily, "Repair stations please."


"Aye, Captain." They all said and the group broke up and went to their posts leaving Ihsss in the center seat, contemplating the plan. Inside, she was a bit uneasy for what they faced before them. She wondered about the mission and her home world, who no doubt knew of their adventures. Ihsss also wondered if it would make a difference, so she, her daughter, and many others from her planet could return home.


"Let's hope we are successful." Ihsss murmured, and glanced at the busy bridge, standing to walk toward Felonious who lay on the deck, his furry head in a small compartment as he repaired circuits of a nearby console for the science station. Kneeling, she assisted him.


Two days later, it is on Earth, that two groups of twelve Marine Commandos stand around on the tarmac of the airfield on a partially cloudy morning. It is here they wait for their new commander, Major Aquilera to arrive by Jeep for inspection. They have all been gathered for an impossible mission to destroy Aquarius, the legendary water planet that gave Earth life and the same planet that almost destroyed their home, after being utilized by the Dinguil Empire. They will be aided the strange visitor who arrived on Earth from the future and together they will keep a new cybernetic enemy from the future, from altering the present time to change history. Their aim to win the galactic war in the future.


As the morning carried on, the Marines stand in groups, talking, laughing and being raunchy, as all Space Marines are in the service. They are not aware that not far away that, a lone officer stands on the curbside, waiting for the jeep and a young Sergeant who would drive him to the airfield on this cool morning. He is assigned to this task of the destruction of Aquarius, with his best friend to protect Earth against the Cybertron Invasion of Earth and the universe, six hundred years from the future to change time and win the Galactic war that now rages in the future.


The assignment is up to the youthful Major, and his two friends from the other stasis project. He now carries his orders out by order of the EDC Commander, having gone to the briefing with the team that would be going to the legendary water planet with him. He now goes to the airfield and carries a leather briefcase with him that contains the orders that were hand written by General Singleton personally, and handed to him by Commander Mitty Mc Donald, the General's dynamic and beautiful aide.


"Major Aguilera?" A voice called out and he managed to turn his head to the green jeep that had rolled up at the curbside and to a young Sergeant who sat at the wheel named Marla McGivers. She is his guide from day one since his awakening from stasis. He smiled at her.


"Aye�" He replied, returning her salute as she stood up in the seat.


"Hop in. I am here to take you to the airfield." She told him and he grinned, managing a nod. He walked toward the jeep and he silently climbed aboard, but not without examining the young woman in silence.


Sergeant McGivers is about nineteen years old, having finished school early and enlisted in the Earth Defense Command, which is the equivalent military for this time. She, unlike him, is clad in the gray and green uniform of the EDC Armed Forces. She stands about five three in height, has a dark complexion, and dark eyes. Her brunette hair spills down to her shoulders in a ripple of curls. She worked hard in the last two years, moving quickly in the ranks to Sergeant. The young woman is rather attractive to the young Major.


As the jeep sped off from the curb, she drove quickly, turning onto the main street and away from the Headquarters building. He sat in silence, holding on for almost dear life, as she darted through the traffic of vehicles on the street. Turning his head, he glanced down at the briefcase on his lap that contained the envelope containing his orders. Opening the case, he withdrew the envelope, a simple manila envelope. Emblazoned on the flap, is the seal of the Earth Defense Command that seals it and the seal itself shimmers in the light.


"So they got you ready to go to Aquarius, Major?" The young woman asked, and he glanced sideways at her. He showed his astonishment that she knew about the mission, even though it was supposedly kept Top Secret Clearance. There had already been a lot of scuttlebutt floating around Headquarters about it, and for the last month. Most of it was speculation of the assignment and what they were about to face. The young Major and the twenty-four raiders that would be taking on the most difficult mission Earth had ever done, short of the Iscandar mission eight years ago by the Star Force. He nodded his head silently.


"The mission is already in progress, and we ship out today." He told her, "Ready to rock and roll, so to speak. Keep in mind that it was supposed to be top security, how the hell did you know so much about it anyway?"


"Well sir, it has been a hot topic in headquarters and on Earth for a few weeks. It has been mostly scuttlebutt and rumors for the last month." She said, "Don't worry, the project is still secure, most of the data said was rumors and not correct anyway."


"You know, Major." she started to say, "I hope you and the others succeed at your task."


Major Aguilera smiled at the sentiment, glancing at the surrounding as the jeep continued to dart through traffic. The buildings loomed overhead around them and many people walked the street, uniformed and not. It had been his benefactor for a while now, his home away from home since he had been awakened here than in San Francisco.


As he sat in the seat, Major Aguilera turned over the envelope several times before he broke the seal and pulled the documents from within the envelope. He broke one regulation, breaking the seal before arriving aboard the ship or his destination for Command. He broke another by examining the orders before he reached his command. The young Major looked them over, before he read them in silence as they made their way through the byways of Federal City/New Tokyo. As he read, Seth became only partially conscious of his surroundings, absently returning salutes as they passed other uniformed personnel. The orders were compelling, hand-written by the General himself, and handed personally to him by Commander Mitty McDonald, General Singleton's dynamic and beautiful Aide.


Sergeant McGivers glanced over in his direction and gasped as he read the papers on his lap, realizing that he was looking over the orders that would send him and his team into harm's way. The new officer was reading them far before the scheduled opening when they were on board ship and headed toward Aquarius.


"I guess he wants to brush up, before he gets to the team." She thought, shaking her head at the young officer who already had shown her some unorthodox methods of command. He had been trained, going to OCS where he was commissioned as a lowly Second Lieutenant in the twentieth century. A year later after hard work, he earned First Lieutenant where he volunteered as command for the stasis project. Since his awakening, he had been working hard even in the EDC. He had been given Major and command of this assault group based on his abilities found to be ideal for the task ahead in the EDC.


Marla herself, did not realize that he was using everything he had learned to get by, to assimilate this century, and serve in this military. She wondered if he was as good as everyone had said he was, having served with honor and distinction in the twentieth century military.


He was reading as they approached the airfield, and the jeep stopped at one of many gates where two guards, surrounded by a fortified conscript of armor, machine gun nests and other heavily fortified positions are set up. Seth focused mainly on the assignment at hand, scanning the papers, reading the lines several times. He focused on the word destroy and clear clearly in the handwritten ink of the Commander's handwriting. Seth was so engrossed in the papers and the assignment that he had to look up at the nudge of the Sergeant beside him. He glanced up at the guards at the gate, returning their salutes formally.


"We're here Major." The young Sergeant told him, and he glanced at her only nodding slightly in reply.


"Identification, Major." The one guard said, and he nodded pulling his wallet. The Major flashed the encoded identification card that had served him well. Quickly, the trooper scanned it and he nodded returning it to the Major and his guide in the jeep. He glanced in the door, at a youthful Lieutenant who stood there watching. Eyeing the Major, returning the hard glance the officer, he saluted also, making him nod silently.


"Thank you sir�!" The trooper replied and returned the salute. Sitting back, he nodded to the young woman, his guide who sat beside him, and the jeep sped off.


The Major quickly put the documents in the briefcase and he watched as they approached the concrete tarmac of the airfield where the Clouds sat on its massive landing legs. He stood up in the jeep as it approached the ship, nodding to the guards who saluted, parting to let the vehicle pass them by. When it came to a stop, he hopped out and paused as he stared at the massive ship. Seth peered at the streamline hull and her many battle-scars. He, at first, did not acknowledge the young woman beside him. The Major grimaced, when he realized that he had forgotten military courtesy to his youthful guide.


"Thank you, Sergeant, for the lift to the airfield." He told her formally, returning her salute.


"It is my pleasure, Major Aguilera." She replied, smiling in amusement. He grinned, nodding only in reply.


"You know we have not been formally introduced, my name is Seth." He told her, "And you may call me that, when we are out of the range of others."


"It is a pleasure to meet you, Seth." She replied, "I am Marla, Marla Mc Givers."


"Likewise, Marla�" He replied warmly, with a smile and a nod.


"You'll do it sir, just believe and it will happen." She told him in an encouraging tone, "A few of the others and me, in my lodge, are routing for your team."


He smiled at her, nodding slightly.


"We look forward to your glorious return too."


"Thanks Marla." He replied walking toward the ship that loomed on the tarmac, like a vicious reminder of what he had to do for this new mission. Major Aguilera moved along the ship, making the inspection, and a couple of things he wanted to check before they lifted off. He noted a couple of things he would mention to Commander T'Larra, noting the unseen vicious battle scars as he inspected the ship. He returned, the salutes of the guards who were are posted around the ship.


Behind him, the youthful Sergeant watched him from the jeep, frowning at his quick inspection of the ship that would take them for the battle of Aquarius. She had sensed his intensity, as he read the documents on his lap and the determination in his eyes when he walked toward the ship.


"What the devil is he looking for, I wonder?" She thought to herself and managed a shrug at the antics of the new officer who had come from centuries past.


Major Aguilera had read the tactics he had briefed the team on, many times, and adjusted it one more time, knowing by intelligence, that it was going to be harder getting the hell out of there than going in to land on Aquarius. He would be picked up by the Clouds and he would detonate the planet, turning it into a reverse Tritium black hole.


Around him, the guards watched the Major silently, and after a few minutes, the guards realized what he was doing. They watched as he made a full sweep, multiple times, around the ship and after a moment, they glanced at each other in silence. A low mutter rippled through the ranks posted on guard. They all knew who he was, and why he was here, getting his orders directly from the Commander's office. They did not know he would be doing an inspection of the ship before it lifted off to its victory, or demise.


The Major glanced around at his surroundings and let out a breath before he walked toward the team, assembled on the airfield, he is assigned to lead.


"Attention! Fall in!" A voice shouted, and the team fell into neat rows of the ranks quickly. A mass salute followed as the Major approached the twenty-four commandos, his team, that with luck, would pull off the impossible.


Major Aquilera, stepped forward, holding the salute until the Commander nodded his head.


"Everyone here, and accounted for?" The Major asked, and the Nathaniel nodded.


Seth quickly walked the rows with the Lieutenant Commander and Lieutenant Minezati, who inspected his troopers, standing outside the massive Star Cruiser Magellanic Clouds. He nodded in approval to the fighting group that had had been assigned to fight with him.


The young Lieutenant beside him holstered an Astro-automatic at his side and shouldered an AR-262 sniper rifle with electronic silencer, preferred sniper weapon of the day. He hefted it well on his wiry frame, his shaved head only showing a hint of the sandy blond hair that he had, and his brown eyes twinkled in the light. Manual eyed the Commander’s patched and scarred face, seeing the smile on his face as the three men walked the ranks carefully. Both Seth and Nathaniel were impressed by the sight before them, the spit, polish, and the pride of professionalism that stood before him.


The Major nodded his head in approval, despite the concerned and worried expression he had on his face. In addition, he tried to keep a positive attitude, despite the sour mood that he had right now, because of his feeling about the mission itself.


"You are a bunch of bad asses." He exclaimed, "Damn, I'm proud to be in the same service as all of you guys. We're going to kick some fucking ass."


The young Lieutenant, who was the second in command, grinned openly at the comment, motioning to the group. At the end of the line, the Lieutenant Commander back slapped Sergeant Major Parry, shaking his hand warmly.


“Are you ready to go, Sergeant Major?� He said positively, and beside him, The Major chuckled, as did the Lieutenant, their second in Command.


"Ready to go kick ass, sir." Manual replied, "Ready to die for Earth and go out in a blaze of glory, if it comes to that."


"Let's hope that is not necessary, I am hoping, like the Major, to bring everyone back safely. It was told to me that there would be a wild party in our honor if we returned, so let us snap to and prepare our equipment and ourselves for the mission as we board the Magellanic Clouds. They are all yours Lieutenant, make Earth proud�"


Seth walked away from the group and the group watched as he made another round about the Star Cruiser. Major Aquilera grimaced, having a feeling of dread that he could not put his finger on, and he decided to make doubly sure they would return to Earth after this mission, victorious.


They all stared at their commander, wondering what he was looking for as he made his way around the ship. Nathaniel frowned especially, but knew if there was something on his mind, Seth would check and recheck it. Manual watched him too, glancing uncertainly at Nathaniel.


"There are too many damn variables still to be calculated in� I don't know why I am having this damn feeling, but if we don't make it back, Earth is doomed." Seth thought to himself, "So we'd better be sure and on top of our game plan."


"� See fellas, you made a good impression, that's one on you and I am proud you made that impression." Kino told the group, "It shows pride and your dedication to the service."


Another Lieutenant, assigned to the group, walked down the row with three cigars for each man, handing them to them. Kino took care of his squad. He walked to the Major, who had returned to the group and he snapped to, saluting as he handed him three cigars also. Manual caught the Major and Commander’s look of confusion, holding the cigars in their hands. They both watched as each man put them in a breast pocket or in the bag they had on the ground. Seth glanced in question at his young Lieutenant as he examined the cigars. A young man named Brian Kowalski.


"Don't worry it is tobacco, its synthetic with a mix of seaweed." Lieutenant Kowalski said, "We don't smoke'em until the fat lady sings and the battle is won. It is our victory dance, sir."


“Got that right!� Minezati chimed in.


Here the Major laughed loudly, as did Manual who had overheard the comment. Nathaniel laughed too. Their laughter suddenly became solemn, as he was reminded of somewhere else he heard of that custom. Taking the gifts he shoved it in pocket and noted Manual had taken his and put it in his pocket too, a large beaming smile on his face even though he smoked one of the extra one, in a cloud of smoke. Kino tossed Manual another.


"A you were, Sergeant Major!" Kino snapped, "The fat lady has not sang and the battle is not won. Finish that cigar and remember to only smoke'em when we win the day. Here though� if you must smoke."


Kino tossed a pack of Lucky Strikes� to the Sergeant Major who smiled, nodding.


"Do Rah Lieutenant�" Manual replied with a nod, a smile brightening his face as he puffed on the cigar, amused by the custom. The youthful Major and the Lieutenant Commander realized it was the movie back in 1996, called Independence Day that he heard of that custom and he laughed again. Nathaniel joined in after he remembered having watched it on board the ship on their way to fight the Dinguil.


"Thanks Lieutenant." He replied, grinning at the young officer who nodded.


"My pleasure, Major� Lieutenant Commander�" Kino replied, and Nathaniel smiled broadly.


"All right let's get to this." The Major said with a sigh, and the Lieutenant looked up, his smile becoming a puzzle frown with the sudden drop in mood by the superior officer. Kino suspected there was a lot on the Major’s mind and his superior officer was not comfortable with the plan what was to go down.


"All right team, pick up your bags and report aboard the Clouds. Head to our assigned billeting and remember that it is going to be cramped with normal operations with the ship. If you have any issues, bring it to me, the Commander or the Major and we will work it out." The harried Lieutenant ordered, and he motioned, "This is not a transport, so go easy on the ship and her stores. Move out. You have fifteen minutes, smoke'em if you got'em."


"Yeaaa�!" The group said fiercely, and they raised their arms as they hefted their space bags. Together the Marine detachment walked toward the ship nearby, lining up at the gantry that belonged to the massive Space Cruiser preceding the massive airlock hatch. They stood around as they pulled smokes from their pocket or chew. Even in this century, tobacco had a very predominant and key role in its presence in the century. The Major looked on, waving his hand to a soldier who held out a pouch of 'Lucky Strikes �' from his pocket, offering to him.


"I don't smoke cigarettes like that, but thanks� Please carry on." He told the soldier, who nodded, and turned to walk toward the gantry of the massive Star Cruiser Class Starship. Manual joined Seth and Nathaniel at their side and was going to shoot the breeze for a moment, but the three men turned as a voice called out their names.


The voice belonged to Amy Pantstingle, who had called out to him. He watched as she approached on the run, followed by Melinda Morris, Angie Miller-Stethem, Amanda Garcia, even Emily Aguilera-Montgomery and Denise Watson.


Melinda, Amy, Amanda, and Denise embraced Manual, Seth and Nathaniel, putting Hawaiian leis around their necks. The three men laughed and smiled affectionately at the young women.


"We're here to give you a top brass send off." Amy declared, stepping back to smile pleasantly at the men, their friends, who were going on this dangerous mission.


"Nice." Nathaniel replied, nodding, "With thanks."


"Very nice�" Manual told Amanda, smiling gently, "I was hoping for at least a send of like this."


"Me too, Sergeant Major, so was I." Seth replied, turning to the young women, and he nodded, "It is appreciated."


The Lieutenant Commander, and Manual noted, had not commented on the notion of the mission and had remained silent.


"Take it easy and keep the home fires burning for us. We'll be back soon." Manual exclaimed as he hefted his bag on his shoulder, "I love you Amanda. Do not worry there will not be any heroics. It will certainly not be by me, the Commander or the Major here."


With that, the Sergeant glanced at the face of Emily and Angie, then to the others, their eyes brimming with tears. Amanda gasped at the statement and stared at him.


"I-I love you too, Manual." She stammered surprised, but they had become lovers in the last few months together. The young Warrant Officer lunged to embrace him again, their lips touching, before stepping back and regarding her now best friend in the world and her love who stood before her.


"You promise me, no heroics, keep your fracking head down next to the Major, the Commander and the Lieutenant!"


"Relax Amanda, I will." Manual told her, and she shook head.


"Promise me." Amanda grumbled, "Damn it."


"I will and promise." He told her and Amanda nodded formally, turning to the Major. He returned the glances of the members of the team who were smiling and the former stasis members, his friends.


Stepping back Manual and Amanda sheepishly smiled at each other and the group stood watching. He turned to walk toward the gantry of the Star Cruiser, toward the other troops who had paused to watch the touching scene. Sergeant Major Parry had paused as Nathaniel stood on the concourse with Angie. He stared warmly into her eyes, holding her. Seth held Emily in his arms too.


“This is it honey.� He said, “Wish us luck.�


“You’ll do it, I know it.� Angie said, and glanced at Emily who was standing with Seth.


“This isn’t goodbye, dear Emily.� Seth said, “I love you very much and will see you VERY soon.�


Emily nodded to her husband and held him tightly before breaking. Seth glanced at Nathaniel who nodded.


Angie and Emily's eyes were both brimming, as they held their husbands, not wanting to let them go.


Major Aquilera embraced his wife, kissing her passionately, and the Lieutenant Commander followed suit with his. They broke after fifteen minutes. There were whistles and catcalls from the troops on the gantry and the surrounding guards and pilots from the nearby hangar who watched the touching scene.


There was sporadic applause all around them. The others were grinning openly, at the warm display of affection.


"Woo Hoo�! The Lieutenant Commander and Major have a girl!" A shout called, "Hubba, Hubba! Holy shit they’re babes!"


The stasis group laughed openly at the comments.


"Shit man both are lookers!" Another voice said aloud.


"Good one Sirs!"


"She's better than that Alsatian woman with the triple F hooters!" Both the Major and Emily blushed, as they turned their heads realizing they were on display in front of everyone. The Lieutenant Commander also laughed with Angie. He stepped back quickly, blushing red as a ripe tomato and thankfully, she did too.


“The hand of God be with us.� Nathaniel murmured to himself, nodding to his wife.


"Okay, okay." Manual said, "Shows over fellas, lets get cracking." The young Sergeant Major grinned, shooing the team toward the gantry.


"I understand and this isn't goodbye again� I will be here waiting for you and your victorious team� That I promise." Emily said with a smile.


“Me too, Nathaniel…” Angie said, “Good luck!�


Emily paused, motioning to Manual.


"Promise me to look after him Sergeant. I could not stand to lose Seth. Please be safe out there and no heroics either."


Manual grinned broadly, "You have my promise me� lady." With that, he bowed formally. She gave up and laughed, embracing the Sergeant Major.


"Don't worry Emily, everyone, I am not planning to get myself killed, and I will see you when I return." Seth told the group and they were smiling, but tears were showing more on Amy, Melinda, Denise, Emily and Amanda's faces. Angie was solemn as she stood there.


"I'll see you round, I'll be waiting." Emily whispered to her husband, and he grinned as he turned to regard the smiling Sergeant.


"Coming skipper?" Manual asked smiling, and Seth nodded, hefting his own bag on his shoulder. He waved at the young women, and one by one, they entered the ship that stood silently on the cement tarmac. Nathaniel nodded to his wife, and kissed her on the head.


“Love you Angie. Don’t worry, we’ll be back!� He told her as he hefted his bag and followed the others to the ship.


Emily and Angie both stared silently at the ship, long and hard. The both of them ignored the others who stood beside her. They had spoken to them twice and they did not hear them. Denise placed her hand on Emily and Angie’s shoulder, and both turned their heads to regard her friends.


"Hey, you both OK?" Denise asked and she glanced at Emily who regarded her friends standing on the gantry. They scanned the surroundings before shaking hands, stepping toward the doors of the Space Cruiser. Angie, Amanda, Melinda, Denise and Emily stood there watching.


"Yeah, I just have a funny feeling I am not going to see them again." Emily declared quietly, trying to fight the tears of emotion that strongly welled up in her eyes.


"Yeah me too�" Angie added, and shook her head.


Emily and Angie both did not know what they was looking at, only to know that feeling was very strong within. Denise also looked at the massive Star Cruiser that sat on the tarmac and she too found herself heavy with emotion and tears welling up in her eyes.


She quickly wiped the tears from her eyes. Angie, Amanda, Melinda and Amy were in the same state.


"Don't worry, with Manual on the job, and led by the Lieutenant, Seth and even Nathaniel, we KNOW hope they will all come back." Denise said, peering at the massive Star Cruiser, and shaking her head as she placed her hands on Emily's shoulders.


"Besides when they do, we are going to have a wild party in their honor."


Emily smiled, as did the others, chuckling at the word 'Party'.


"We have been summoned back to Central Hospital on the double." Denise said, "So let's move. It might be our release from medical."


Emily nodded but she kept glancing to the ship as they walked off and she shook her head, wiping the tears from her face. Melinda was weeping as she stared at the ship, as was Amy. Angie fought back her tears, despite what he had said and tried to smile but it came out all wrong.


"Damn it, you had better come back." Emily said, fighting the tears, "I do not want to be alone in this century. Even after what has been sacrificed for you�"


Stepping onto the gantry, and passing through the hatch, the twenty-four marines saluted Ihsss T'Larra and Felonious Purrtz who stood inside.


"Is this it?" Ihsss asked, and Major Aquilera, last in, had nodded his head.


"This is it, Captain T'Larra." He said, "It is with our thanks."


"Do me a favor, and win." Ihsss declared solemnly with a nod of her reptilian head, "So we can all go home."


“That is the idea, Captain.� Seth said, as he motioned to the Lieutenant.


“Get everyone billeted, remember we are guests on the ship and supplies are limited. We have to take it easy on her. Any problems, let me know or the Commander for each squad...�


Ihsss turned to touch the wall intercom.


"Close gantry and prepare of lift off." She ordered into the intercom, "Secure ship for space detail."


Outside the massive Star Cruiser, the gantry lifted and folded neatly into the side of the ship. A low hum sounded on the Tarmac as ground personnel moved back. The engines rumbled and smoked as thrust was applied and slowly the ship moved upward. There was a cheer by the men around the ship as it rose up into the sky, higher and higher. On the bridge, Ihsss sat in the command chair.


"Take us up in a twenty-five meter climb." Ihsss ordered, "Full thrust."


The ship rose higher and faster as it moved forward to climb into the sky. Down in their quarters, the team was strapped in after securing their gear. Nathaniel and Seth winced at the pressure as they sat strapped in, and the ship rose up into the sky. The pressure eased off a moment later.


Sitting on the bridge, the Insectoid helmsman and the bridge crew worked at their consoles to pilot the ship. There was a quiet rumble as the ship began to shake, passing through Earth's atmosphere. Outside, the nose and skin of the ship glowed red as the friction of gravity intensified upon its surface. The bridge crew remained at their seats as the ship passed into orbit. Ihsss, seated in the command chair, managed a smile. She was never affected by the passage into gravity, landing and taking off from many worlds they had visited in their travels. She was smiling openly, impressed by the smooth handling of her ship through Earth's thin atmosphere, and how well her crew maintained control of the ship.


Veloxa turned to Ihsss when the console beeped accusingly at her.


"Orbit velocity achieved," Veloxa said, "Orbit accomplished."


"Make one orbit and head toward the Earth task force outside the SOL System." Ihsss ordered, "Make for impulse speed, fifteen space knots, for Earth sector only after we orbit once."


"Aye, Captain." Veloxa said, touching the console.


"Inform Earth Defense Command of our departure and making all speed to get underway to the fleet."


"Aye..." Hi’Mthsss said, touching the buttons on her console but Ihsss hardly heard her slurred words, reporting their status. She was nervous of this battle to come and wondered if this tactic was going to work.


It had been planned by the human Major, who had come from a time long passed, an unusual person to the reptilian woman, never seeing anyone like him ever in her travels through time and space. He was quite intelligent for someone who had come from the winds of history to be in charge and understand the mechanics for technology such as stasis.


Even more unusual, that he would be able to adjust a battle plan, when he was clearly not from the current military or current day. She wondered about him.


Outside her crew had seen the touching scene between the Sergeant Major, the Commander and the Major with the young women who embraced them. She smiled at the sight of the four of them, who both laid a passionate kiss on their lips. Ihsss wondered about the rest of the stasis group, who had defied history, the odds, and time itself.


She understood the concept of love even though it had been a long time. Here she thought of her family back home on her planet. People she loved that were butchered, after being separated by the green group of her race all because their skin color was different from theirs.


"Captain, one orbit achieved." Veloxa said, turning to glance at Ihsss who was deep in thought.


"Captain�?" Veloxa said, glancing at Felonious who looked up from his console.


"Ihsss�?" He asked and she shook her head with a snort and turned her head to regard her crew.


"I'm fine. Break orbit and make fifteen knots."


"Aye�" Veloxa said, "Leaving Earth's orbit."


The sound of the engines could heard on the bridge as the ship thrust forward and it moved from the safe orbit of Earth into the stars of open space.


"We are free and clear to navigate." Thyrac announced beside her, "Plotting course to join their fleet."


The ship turned smoothly to avoid the moon, and continued into the depth of space.


"Very well�" Ihsss' said, "Departure angle on viewer."


"Aye� Switching to departure angle on viewer�" Veloxa replied as he hit the switch and the blue glow of Earth moved way as they left orbit into deep space.


"Switch the viewer, to standard ahead."


"Standard ahead, aye," Thyrac replied, and the familiar stars appeared on the screen.


"Long Range Sensors indicate fleet moving at one, eight zero, mark four." Felonious replied, the hum of the sensors echoing across the bridge, "They are three sectors over from SOL� Sector four."


"Very well, prepare to warp speed to their location and upon arrival, match course and speed." Ihsss replied, "But give them a wide berth, we don't want to crowd them."


"Making parallel course, one, eight, zero mark four." Thyrac announced, his claw-like hands dancing across the console.


"I will make my speed, fifteen space knots when we come along side after warp to their position�" Veloxa added and she turned to not to Ihsss, "Engaging course."


"Do not warp out of here until we have reached the outer planets of this system." Felonious cautioned, "We don't want to do that until we have plotted this system. We might warp into a star or a planetary body. I recommend using Standard warp procedures using impulse."


"Very well�" Ihsss replied, "Continue exit trajectory to the edge of the solar system."


Outside in space the ship moved rapidly toward the edge of SOL, where the fleet from Earth, the task force assigned as the diversion, slowly moved toward Aquarius. On board the ships, the crews staffed their positions, ready for battle as seasoned veterans called with the new recruits faced this new enemy.


The Clouds moved at medium speed, dodging and darting through the asteroid belt near Jupiter, the whole time as Felonious plotted the system, navigating the destination warp point to the Earth fleet.


In the quarters, Nathaniel sat alone at the table as he worked on his laptop, writing a personal letter to Angie who stayed on Earth. He yawned and stretched, having stood up from the table. Glancing at the chronometer on his wrist, he glanced at the time. The Lieutenant Commander stood in the spacious interior of the room. It is here he moved slowly, fluidly, as he practicing the motions of Aikido and Tai Chi in order to relax himself of his anxiety. He slept fitful that night, but plagued with dreams of his wife, and the others.


The next morning the Major appeared in his athletic gear and he greeted the other Marines who now stood on the flight deck. They stood in formation and he returned the salute of the young Lieutenant with a nod. The Major nodded, sensing the group's readiness.


"Today is preparation for the mission at hand, and equipment final check." He ordered, "Let’s get a good workout and a bit of practice."


The others grinned as they stood there, "Begin."


For an hour, they worked out on the flight deck, sparring in martial arts, exercising and toning up. They also sat on the floor the reviewed the mission objectives and the battle points in which they would be attacking.


Commander Miller did not take part, he busily supervised the preparation of the drop ships that would be taking them to Aquarius, in which would be their rides to return to the Clouds, despite the odds and the diversion of the Armada of they were a part.


Ihsss happened to be walking by when they were sparring martial arts, with the first officer, and they paused to watch the humans in contest. Both strangers to Earth, they glanced at each other in confusion, heading toward the airlock door and into the bay. They thought there was battle happening aboard their ship and their intention was to stop it.


"What is going on here?" Ihsss demanded and the group stopped to meet the look of the reptilian Captain. They sensed her genuine snap of anger and glanced at each other as they stood in groups. The Lieutenant grinned and he held up his hand as he approached Ihsss and Felonious.


"We're� It's just a little sparring Captain." He told her, and she frowned. He explained it quickly to the young reptilian who knew about hand-to-hand combat. It is one thing they learned in her military too including flight and ship handling. She gasped aloud and smiled widely.


"Oh, you are exercising� I did not know you did hand-to-hand combat too� Please carry on then." Ihsss replied, finally recognizing the exercise gear and she stepped back to watch them. A few minutes later, the Marine group took a break, downing water and sat in a group as the young Lieutenant Commander stood in front of them, reviewing the mission briefing on readiness of the drop ships taking the team to Aquarius.


Ihsss listened in, smiling as she nodded in agreement with the plan. She grimaced when he mentioned the team would be split, and they would be evacuating to the Whirlwind instead of her ship. On the transport behind Ihsss, they had brought aboard the pinch that would make the pulse happen. Ihsss herself examined the device and she grimaced with the use of such a device. She then realized what he was up to and she shook her reptilian head.


Ihsss thought back to the discussion when they had brought the EMP aboard, rolling it up the steep ramp by three uniformed specialists on a cart. They brought it aboard a few hours before they were to take off and join the fleet bound for Aquarius. She had grimaced then, and still disapproved of the use of this device. She glanced at the young Major who stood with Lieutenant Kino Minezati and Commander Miller, who held a clipboard, and the men nodded when seeing the cart.


"Ah good, it came." He said with a chortle, "Mark it off the list."


"What came?" Ihsss asked, stepping forward to face the men beside her feline first officer, Felonious Purrtz, "What's this equipment and what is it for?"


The Major nodded a silent greeting to Commander T'Larra and her feline First Officer, Felonious.


"EMP pinch." He said, "Our guarantee of making it out alive."


"If that is what I think it is, it will disrupt the whole sector maybe two, we'll be helpless for several minutes before we can recover you. It might take the Cybertron down twenty minutes, but it will take us at least ten to restart even on emergency restart." Ihsss said, "I don't think you should need that if you set the charges right?"


"I want a guarantee of elimination, when that planet goes it will reverse the whole sector into black hole." The Major said, "It will be last resort action to assist getting us the hell out of the sector before we blow the planet. As soon as your ship is active, recover us and deploy it. I will blow it. We need to be in Warp as soon as you are able."


"There is no guarantee that the black hole will be limited to one sector." Ihsss said, "I don't like the idea of cutting it close in a race with an enemy armada to recover and get blasted on fifty plus to one odds. Using that puts my ship and crew at risk, and your recovery too."


"It is going to be much harder getting out, than landing on that damn planet Captain T’Larra." Commander Miller said, pointing to the map on the screen, which stood near the transport. "Especially if we are compromised even before we get started. Things will get very ugly if our cover is blown, and make it more difficult to set those charges. I do not know if I can fly in a shit-storm of enemy craft. I agree whole hardheartedly with the Major�"


The reptilian Commander grimaced but she nodded in agreement at the sentiment. They were going against all the odds, and trying to be covert would be difficult.


"That will be for sure." Ihsss said, "If that happens, the Clouds will step in and start a ground assault and come down to evacuate all personnel."


"We will have to take a whack at plan two." Seth said, "The Earth ships will have to use the Wave gun and take a beating for one hundred and twenty seconds and hit the mine from above."


"At fifty plus to one, odds�?" Ihsss gasped, "That's crazy, and they will be helpless as they change back over and have to power up for a Warp,"


"However, if everything goes according to plan and we stay covert and as we are leaving, we will set off the EMP and knock out the fleet just long enough for us to detonate." Seth said, "Our first priority will to stay covert."


"Then we can take a whack at phase two of your brilliant strategy, if things go wrong�" Ihsss complimented, making the human Major smile, nodding to her formally.


"Bah, it's not brilliant. The EDC tacticians came up with the plan. I have been modifying it to make sure the damn thing will work, and I just go to make sure that it happens." He replied, "But you have my thanks."


"Let's get started then." Ihsss suggested, "We will be rendezvousing with your fleet within a couple of hours now. We will warp until we get there, using standard warp capability. Our engines that allow us warp speed are not working or we'd be there faster."


The Lieutenant Commander nodded with a smirk, thinking of Star Trek when she mentioned Warp Engines. He met the Major's grin also and both managed a chuckle as they turned to the board that had been brought with them, specifically for their briefing. He went on with the briefing, and he nodded to the reptilian Captain's helpful tactical suggestions. The intercom whistled and it echoed through the landing bay.


"Bridge to Captain�" The voice said, and Ihsss walked toward it, hitting the button. It was the feline first officer.


"Captain here�"


"Warp completed, and we have reached rendezvous point Alpha, the Earth fleet is ten mega meters from our position, as measured on Earth." Felonious replied, "Sector three one six. We have signaled the fleet and moving in at fifteen knots coming along the S.S Essex."


"Very well, keep me informed, I'll be on the bridge in a moment." Ihsss replied, hitting the button. Turning she regarded the Space Marines of the EDC Force.


"We have reached your fleet." Ihsss told them, "We will be heading to the planet and at drop point in twenty hours. From there we will prepare to attack."


"Very well�" The Major replied, nodding, "We'll be ready."


"Hear that team?" He prompted, "Let's have a weapons check and all equipment checked out. We drop in twenty hours."


"You heard the man, let's get cracking." Manual said stiffly, “You know the drill, assholes and elbows...�

Sergeant Major Perry nodded as equipment crates and cases were brought out. They were promptly opened and inspected. Manual hefted a SN-34 Astro-machine gun, with pulse clips and he began checking the sights and the clips.


As the Lieutenant circulated among the group, he glanced many times over at the Major, who likewise made his way to the group, assisting as needed. He engaged in shooting the breeze with the Sergeant Major. Little did his second-in-command know, is that he already checked out his equipment that he would use on their mission. He did not know that the Major wore an equivalent of, what they called in his age, a Kevlar Vest under his tunic. The Commander stood on the ship, and remembered the words of Emily about 'no heroics' and he wore the vest too, guaranteeing he would survive the mission ahead.


He checked out the Astro-automatic pistol, he carried as a sidearm and the sniper rifle that he would be using to eliminate as over watch when they landed on Aquarius. He did it all in his quarters and other small arms he would carry with him.


"I hope like hell we can pull it off too." Seth muttered. He thought of the plan, keeping it in his head, going every aspect of it in his head, repeatedly. He paced the office he occupied, back and forth, as he moved his hand with each thought. The Major closed his eyes letting the images of Emily fade from view as he stood in the exact center of the office.


The Major heard the billowing sound of a sax somewhere and he grimaced as did many others who were in the corridor. He grabbed his hat and exited his quarters. As he reached the sound, in the galley the Lieutenant Commander played a sax, a light jazzy tune. The room had been empty and he sat in a chair, backwards, facing the observation port. Ihsss' crew had come to peeked into the room, just as astonished at Seth was.


Seth was astonished by his playing and a fine display as Ihsss� crew gathered nearby, wowed by the music. The Major moved to his side.


“Damn I didn’t know you could play, Miller.� Seth told him and the young officer, his friend, having finished the song turned to peer at the others.


“Oops, sorry…” He said, “Please carry on.�


He put the sax aside but Seth shook his head, putting his hand on his shoulder.


“Oh hell no� Please continue.� He replied and grinned at his friend and neighbor from two hundred years ago.


The others took a seat around them, some coming and going, as they listened to the music that Seth’s friend played, eventually Manual and the others coming down too and sitting to listen to his fine display and ability.


He played for a long time until the klaxon alert sounded on the ship and all hands ran to their position and battle stations. The Marines ran to the hangar deck, gathering in formation as they prepared for the drop that would take them into harm's way.


Outside the ship, it plowed along through space, surrounded by Task force Two from Earth. The Clouds, Commanded by Ihsss T'Larra sat in the command chair, directing the bridge crew, keeping the ship on a steady formation as the radar crews kept their eyes on their consoles for any sign that the enemy had picked up their presence.


"Incoming coded message from Command, on the Aircraft Carrier, Essex." Hi’Mthsss reported, "It is to all ships, they are requesting two way visual and split screen for all Commanders to sit in on the final briefing before attack."


"Very well�" Ihsss replied, "Switch over and put it all on main viewer."


Hi’Mthsss clicked the switch and the view screen all became split with the heads of the Commanders of the Task Force two ships.


"First please introduce yourselves." A voice said, and everyone had a surprised look on faces when Ihsss' face popped up on the screen. The captains of the task force made introductions.


"Captain Ihsss T'Larra." Ihsss said, "Magellanic Clouds."


"This is just a pep talk, before we attack in t-minus eighteen hours from now. Welcome to Magellanic Clouds who will be joining us as the drop vessel for Alpha and Baker teams on the Aquarius surface."


There was a murmured welcome by everyone on the screen.


"How we are going to play this, is to be a distraction for the Cybertron, as the Clouds uses its cloaking device in order to covertly sneak in, orbit and drop the two squads that will be landing on the surface." A voice said, as a chart appeared on the screen showing the ships and the pattern used by the task force.


"Our ships will form a perimeter around Aquarius while fighter teams and the ships provide cover for the drop ship." The Admiral said, "When complete, an EMP will be used and when everyone is active again on emergency start, the fleet will immediately warp out of the sector to a safe distance, the sector will become a Tritium imploded black hole."


"What happens if we cannot restart that quickly, and it is blown?" A voice asked, "We will be sucked into the black hole right?"


"Affirmative�" The Admiral replied, "Major Aguilera?"


Major Aguilera face popped on the screen, and Ihsss managed a toothy smile as she peered at the screen.


"Major Aguilera." Seth said into the speaker.


"Major Aguilera is the one who is in charge of the drop and can answer all questions." The Admiral said, "He is the one who suggested the EMP and has modified the original plan for the drop. He is in operational control of his team."


"Major Aguilera, Commander Tarpaulin, here." The Captain said, "SS Nauru."


"Go ahead."


"What is the distance you will detonate the planet?" He asked, "And how many minutes after the EMP Pulse."


"I will detonate the EMP after the ships are clear of Aquarius airspace and headed to the drop ship, the Clouds." He replied, "Will detonate charges and destroy planet after the fleet is clear, fifteen mega meters from the planet."


"Once the planet goes into imploded black hole, it will draw in everything in sector. All enemy ships will be taken from the sector. Commander Miller, my pilot, will be in charge of navigating and getting us back to the ship." Seth said, "The fleet should be clear before I detonate. Do not worry about the Clouds� We will be right behind the fleet. I will be handling the detonation myself."


"One man to detonate� It sounds dangerous." A voice said, as voices echoed across the channel.


"I didn't know that." Ihsss thought and had gasped quietly.


The reptilian Captain wondered what else he had planned for the drop and the mission. It was bad enough using an EMP, and having to restart on emergency restart. Time would be crucial to recover him then warp out after they detonated the planet. It would be close, no matter how it was played, or done. There was a possibility the Major and all hands could be sucked into the black hole and killed. She hoped he had timed it perfectly in order to beat the odds. Shaking her head, Ihsss peered at the screen as the young Major filled in the battle group the details to the drop and their status. She hardly heard the information, deep in thought to what was to come as they traversed time and space.


When the briefing ended, Ihsss got up from her chair and stepped into the lift, leaving the bridge. She was on her way to see the Major, to express her worry about the drop onto Aquarius. The lift hummed as it plummeted downward and then stopped on level six. The doors opened and she stepped off and turned the corner into the hallway. Ihsss stood outside his quarters and composed herself before she hit the buzzer on the door.


"Come!" A voice replied, and the doors opened allowing her to enter. Looking at the Major, he sat at his desk in front of his laptop as he worked on the daily paperwork associated with his command. He greeted her with a smile and a nod.


"Captain T'Larra, what can I do for you?" He asked and she grimaced, walking toward the table that was a makeshift desk.


"I'd like you to reassign someone else to detonate the planet." Ihsss told him, “It is not a good idea if you get yourself killed if this does not go right. Please assign one of your team to do it, as you are not expendable, even though you seem to think so."


"There is no one qualified who knows that pinch except the Lieutenant, Lieutenant Commander and I." Major Aguilera replied, "There is no time to fully train them on it and if I could, it would take a week. Do not worry, I am fully aware what will happen and have modified it to focus the pulse away from the task force. It will detonate and the pulse will go directly at Cybertron for maximum effect. I am not looking to get killed and know exactly what I am doing."


"Okay Major." Ihsss said, "After you detonate the pulse, you must be aboard in fifteen minutes. The fleet is going to withdraw, and we'll warp out as soon as you are aboard. Detonate the planet and we can get to our little rendezvous with fate, us going home."


"Count on it, I'll be there with bells on." Seth replied, "Best to setup a diversion too, so I will rig a little surprise for the Cybertron too."


"The Earth fleet is going to give them hell, as you earthlings like to put it. I do not think it is necessary to have any surprises, just get the� HELL, as you humans say� out of there." Ihsss said with a smile and the Major laughed, nodding twice.


"Excellent." He intoned, "I'll see you after the mission. Do not worry Captain T'Larra. I can definitely take care of myself. I am a tough bastard and very hard to kill. I have been shot at already and wounded in the line of duty and still managed to survive back when I served in Iraq like Miller did..."


Ihsss grimaced before she nodded, but his comment surprised her too. She knew he had served in the last war Earth had endured. The reptilian Commander had requested information about him and the Lieutenant Commander. What she had had read, getting very far in her research, that both had served excellently.


The reptilian Captain was not sure that he was he right man from Earth for the job (having her doubts because he was from a different time) and had made that point to General Singleton and his staff. She read the EDC provided documentation for the young reptilian officer, after requesting it and his service in the twentieth/twenty-first century. She learned of his exploits that included stasis, also learning that he was one hell of an officer, a maverick, taking well to the military. She got a clear picture of what kind of man he was, confirming it by meeting and getting to know him personally. The Lieutenant Commander also.


"He is just damn brave for taking part in the battles, when peace broke down in his century and later volunteering for something like stasis." Ihsss thought, "Maybe he is the right man for the job, he certainly gets results, even if they are unorthodox methods.�


She had also read about Commander Miller, and the others, the whole process of stasis having intrigued her. She was getting to know both men well, especially the young Major who was in the secondary project discovered by the EDC on Earth, using the same power source the Earth fought against, used by the Dinguil.


"All right, Major�" Ihsss replied after the long silence, "We'll be waiting at the rendezvous point, Beta three and ready to warp out after power up when you detonate the EMP Pulse. As you detonate the planet, we will warp immediately. You will have ten minutes to get to us. Ready your team, we drop in now six hours."


"We'll be ready Commander."


Major Aguilera turned back to his laptop and he quickly typed out his letter, one that would definitely send to Emily who had stayed on Earth. It would be a final letter, to his young wife whom he had married while she recovered in the hospital on Earth, sort of a last will in testament in which he gave specific instructions.


The Lieutenant Commander had also sent Angie a note, via subspace, back to Earth, telling his new wife he loved her dearly, and reported in that things did not look too favorable to the mission. He left the same last minute instructions for her. Both were skeptical of the outcome to this mission and were both concerned when it came to the completion of their task. Both knew they had a job to do, but the odds were clearly against them when it came right down to the mission at hand.


The Major paused as he read the screen, checking his words carefully to the very thoughts he was having. Seth told her that he loved her, and would see her soon, despite how he felt about their mission.


It is on board the Clouds, as the time clicked down to four hours before attack time, the Major stood up and stretched, before gathering the equipment that he would be taking with him. He hefted the same sniper rifle as the as the Lieutenant Commander his aim to provide successful over watch for his team. A moment later, he walked toward and through the doors into the corridor, making his way quickly through the passages toward the hangar deck where his team now gathered.


As he walked through the corridor, he shouldered the rifle as he passed many of Ihsss' ragtag crew, made up of several different races through the galaxy, displaced by the Cybertron in the future. They stared at the human Major in astonishment, moving aside to let him pass. There was the sound of applause, as the Major passed, and he managed a grimace as he walked through the corridor. More applause quickly followed him, as walked onward down the corridor toward his destination.


When he reached the hatch to the Hangar Deck, he stepped through it and into the cavernous landing bay where his team is assembled. They now bear the gear, readied by the group for this mission. Two landing craft were prepared for the drop, both teams loading the gear into it. A moment later, the intercom whistled.


"Captain to Hangar Deck�" Ihsss said quickly, "Major Aguilera? Commander Miller?�


Nathaniel and Seth walked quickly to the wall, and to the intercom, where he hit the button "Major Miller, on-line� Aguilera on-line�"


"I’m just going to wish you and both your teams good luck. We will see you in a few hours, with some great news."


"Thanks Captain." Nathaniel replied, smiling slightly.


“Yea, thanks.� Seth said, “We will see you at rendezvous point Baker, three one two. Hangar, deck out."


Major Aguilera and Commander Miller walked toward the drop ships in which he and his team would be leaving within a few hours. He assisted the loading of the crafts, and the gear that would be used by his team when they reached Aquarius airspace. Especially for the one he would be piloting, bearing the EMP that would allow them a clear break, hopefully to return to the drop ship that would be taking his team clear of the danger zone.


"Okay team, let us saddle up and prepare to launch. We have a job to do." The Major ordered.


"Yeaaa�!" The Marines replied fiercely, gathering their stuff and prepared for launch. They charged the transport and they took their seats. Behind them the Major and Lieutenant stood before each other and shook hands. Manual put his hand on top of theirs as the trio stood for a moment together. Commander Miller put his on top of theirs.


"I'll see you on the surface and good luck to us all." Perry said with a serious undertone.


"Damn straight, we're going to win." Kino said with a grin and Manual nodded. The Commander and Major nodded.


"I only wish Emily was here."


"Don't get all distracted now, you'll see her again." Manual said sarcastically, "Damn officers and your women."


The three men regarded the deadpan expression of the Sergeant Major and they laughed.


"Ready�. HUT! HUT! Yeeeo�!"


The men broke and they ran to their transports readying themselves for the battle to come. As they stepped onto the transports, the twelve Marines in each strapped themselves in, or stored their gear. Each Marine has a vest on and a helmet. Both are equipped with a camera, their armor worn over their uniform has sensors to allow monitoring of the vital functions. Lieutenant Kino Minezati walked toward the station where he stared at multiple screens. One was vitals of each of the soldiers including his, the other a web cam.


“Let’s see what we can see here.� Kino chortled, taking a seat in front of the console. He scanned the panel quickly, watching the monitors as the vitals were relayed. He checked each web cam. The Lieutenant frowned at the distorted view on the screen.


“Corporeal Hicks, check your cam for me.� Kino said sharply, “We’re not getting a clear picture.�


The youthful Corporeal reached up to tap the cam and the Lieutenant shook his head. He rammed his head into a nearby bulkhead next to his seat. The image cleared, and the Lieutenant gave him the thumbs up hand signal.


“We are going down into hell, boys and girls, ready to kick some robotic ass.� A voice said, “Time to get it on…”


A young soldier walked the row of seats, helping his fellow Marines get strapped in and check the equipment. “It’s a one way ticket into the depths of hell, Straight down.�


“You got that right.� Another voice chimed in, and they reached out to high-five the Private who walked the row.


“Relax boy, it’s a bot hunt.� Manual said solemnly, “But it will be good to get some trigger time finally, and act like a Marine, rather than sitting on our sorry asses.�


“I am all for that Sergeant Major.� Another voice said. He turned to regard a youthful, female Hispanic Marine known as Rodriguez by her colleagues in the service.


“Let’s take our seats, and get this party started.� The Lieutenant declared, turning to the console, and taking up a headset.


“Test, Test.� He rapped and the others held up their hands with a ‘thumbs up sign.�


“We’re ready, Lieutenant.� Sergeant Major Perry told him. Kino glanced at the Lieutenant Commander in the pilot's seat. He nodded grimly.


On the second transport, at the same moment, Major Aguilera, Lieutenant Kane Tamazuki and Gunnery Sergeant Normal Jeevers sits at the controls of the second transport. He sits with his eyes closed, and as Major Aquilera sits watching the vitals of his team and the web cams from their helmets. He nodded in approval. Both teams were ready.


Seth then turned his head to meet the gaze of middle-aged Gunnery Sergeant with short white colored hair, a fair complexion, a big nose, and brown eyes who stood next to him. It was his secondary Squad leader, Norman Jeevers. Strangely to the Major, as his friend Lieutenant Commander Miller pointed out that he looked like the TV personality from his century, Norman Fell, the actor. His face was almost identical to the actor of the past. He had stepped up beside him, reporting his status as he did his duty readying the team.


“We’re all set, Major Aguilera�!� He reported with a snide tone, and a wrinkling of the nose, as he nodded to Seth who sat in the chair. The young officer was flabbergasted, and it took him a moment to respond without chuckling under his breath.


Seth managed a nod, smiling broadly.


"Jesus, he does remind me of Normal Fell." Seth thought, but aloud he answered him quickly.


“Very well, get strapped in Gunny, and prepare for lift off.� Major Aguilera instructed, nodding his head formally.


“Aye, sir�!� The Gunnery Sergeant replied.


“This is Gray Wolf, Alpha Team, ready to depart.� Lieutenant Tamazuki said into the microphone of the headset.


“Desert Fox, Baker Team, is also ready to depart.� Lieutenant Minezati reported.


“Stand by, delivery boys.� Ihsss said, sitting in her command chair. Turning it, she faced Hi’Mthsss, her daughter, who sat at the Communications Console.


“Inform the Earth Fleet we are ready.� Ihsss said, “Both teams are loaded and ready to go, “Notify Whirlwind that they should be on station for pick-up of Baker Team.�


“Aye, Captain I will tune to the combat channel as stated in briefing.� Hi’Mthsss said with a smile, “It will be my pleasure…”


“Hi’Mthsss, just…” Ihsss snapped at her and her daughter fell silent, curbing her levity for the situation.


“I am already on it, Captain.� She said tersely as she turned to her console, “This is Dark Angel. Delivery Boys are ready to depart. You may start your diversionary attack.�


Hi had spoken quickly into her headset, and there was a crackle.


“Golden Eagle to all stations, move ahead and start attacks. Launch all fighters, and give them hell boys and girls.�


Outside in space, the fleet of ships engines flared as they all moved slowly forward into range of Aquarius, meeting the fleet of Cybertron that hovered above the blue glow of the water planet. Laser beams sprouted in force at the Cybertron and a mushroom of explosions erupted from the hulls of several vessels. Other ships, in the first attack were obliterated, as Astro-fighters swarmed from the two carriers at the enemy. They attacked full force, blasting a hole through the smaller protective ships. On the other side, the ships of the Cybertron fired back as Robot fighters swarmed from the openings from their carrier. Astro fighters and robotic fighters swarmed in a vicious dogfight, many disappearing in silent flashes.


Chatter echoed over the speaker as the battle progressed. “… Fighter come on your six, I have him! Watch out for that Dreadnought� �


The weapons of the Cloud� rumbled as they attacked the enemy too, destroying the smaller interceptor and escort ships which are on the outer ring of the battle group of the Cybertron.


“Wow, look at that, a hole opened up for the Clouds,� A voice cracked over the speaker.


Outside the ship, the Clouds� it hovered in the stars of space, turning its main gun to target another Cybertron Destroyer and fire. The energy streaked toward it, striking its hull, causing two massive explosions there. Debris floated freely from the metallic hull, floating freely in space.


”Golden Eagle to Dark Angel, you are cleared disengage and approach the target.� A voice said.


“Captain, we are cleared to approach using that hole they opened up. They are urging us to make haste.� Hi’Mthsss reported, turning to flash a toothy grin on her reptilian features at her mother who sits in the Captain’s chair.


Ihsss sat on the bridge as the Clouds weapons rumbled as lasers erupted from the barrels, missiles from their launchers and torpedoes from their tubes. Many smaller ships continued to vanish in a flash of light, and pulse laser fire erupted taking down the fighters from the Cloud’s weapons as they approached an EDC Cruiser.


“Confirmed, there is a hole for us to enter, starboard ten degrees.� Felonious reported.


“Engage cloaking device, and head for the hole.� Ihsss ordered, “Ahead half speed� Secure weapons. One three five, mark five.�


“Inform the fleet, Dark Angel is moving in.� Ihsss said, standing up from the bridge chair, nodding to Veloxa who had hit the cloaking device. Outside, in the stars of space, the Clouds vanished and slowly moved forward under impulse engines only.


Hi’Mthsss, at the communications console, nodded and spoke rapidly over the combat channel, her voice slurred by the other voices and static.


“Set shields at maximum.� Ihsss ordered, “Keep clear of any dogfights and get through to Aquarius to release the delivery boys.�


“Sweet Krishna…” Ihsss muttered, “What a fracking harsh battle.�


“Roger that.� Veloxa said calmly, her hands dancing over the controls making the ship bank and dodge fighters that swarmed around them like angry hornets. Flames erupted nearby as another Astro-fighter vanished in a silent explosion. More Astro-fighters and enemy ships swarmed past them as the Clouds managed to slip through the hole opened by the fighters, the Battle Cruiser Class Star ships, and Destroyers near them who rapidly fired at the enemy fleet.


“This is control.� Ihsss said, hitting the intercom switch, “Delivery boys, stand by for launch and good luck.�


Sitting on the transport, the Major smiled as he peered at the battle that he managed to tune in on the console view screen, along with the overlapping battle transmissions echoing on the speaker. He casually hit the intercom switch.


“Thanks Ihsss.� Major Aguilera said into the headset as he sat in the chair on the transport. “For everything…”


“I’ll see you all at the rendezvous point, and the others on Earth.� She beamed, “You have all my hopes, gentleman…”


“Open Airlock.� The Major ordered, “Team two, stand by to launch!�


The massive doors of the airlock opened, and a rapid roar of decompression from the hangar deck could be heard on the transports by the combat teams.


“Alright, punch it!� Major Aguilera ordered and the engines of the transports roared as they ignited, thrusting the ships forward from the airlock, rocketing them into the silent stars of space. Both transports banked and plummeted toward the atmosphere of Aquarius, the skin of the tank-like transports turning red as the friction rubbed against the ships.


“We have reached atmosphere, stay sharp, we have fighters coming in.� The voice of the Commander piloting the ship second ship said, “We are banking to clear and going to make a sharp turn� Hang on!�


The transports both banked and disappeared further into the planet’s atmosphere. They evaded the robotic fighters that approached, who headed for the Astro-fighters who streaked in to attack them. Both ships banked a hard right, away from the action, as they plummeted further into the atmosphere of the legendary water planet toward the surface. Both transports opened up with laser fire, and missiles, taking out more fighters that swept in as they approached the water.


“We’re clear for the moment, Major.� The Commander reported, and there was a relieved sigh.


Below them, the green countryside of the planet could be seen amidst the blue waters of Aquarius. The transports descended further into the atmosphere and the bright star that Aquarius now orbits shines dimly on the surface of the planet. The transports shifted left and right in the sky, as they dipped sharply downward toward the largest land mass. They stayed in the clouds before descending, their presence masked from the fighters that streaked past them.


“Send coded message to the Clouds, we have successfully penetrated the atmosphere, and we are proceeding toward the landing sight about fifteen nautical miles west of the Tritium Mine.� Major Aguilera ordered.


Staff Sergeant Christopher Fallon nodded from his place sitting at his console. His hands moved across the console before him, and he spoke rapidly into the headset. After a moment, there were two beeps as they received a response from the Clouds. Major Aguilera nodded at the sound of the beeps.


“They acknowledged.� He said, “Drop us to one thousand meters to the surface of the planet.�


“Aye.� the Staff Sergeant replied, moving the stick and the crafts dipped sharply toward the water. As the two transports moved across the blue sky toward the mine, they stayed low against the water to avoid any radar by the Cybertron and avoiding contact visually by the robotic fighters that streaked across the sky above them. Nathaniel in the other ship was at his wing.


“Activate ECM and jam the radar.� Seth instructed with a nod, and the co-pilot of the craft nodded as he hit the switch that fortunately for them, worked.


The Cybertron, sitting at their detection equipment on the landmass near the mine, peered in confusion at the static of the radar screen that was suddenly scrambled, masking the Troop Transport’s presence.


“Approach cautiously, and land at coordinates fifteen, by ten, by thirty-five, which is approximately ten miles from the mine, we should both run along the ground to approach target. Team two, break, and go to landing coordinates eighteen, by fifteen, by twenty-two. Run south toward the mine, we will run north after landing.�


Darting left and right, above the waves of the sea on Aquarius, the transports continued their approach. They ripped across the sky toward the shore, a few meters below them and banking slightly upward to avoid the mountains.


“Feet dry, Major…” The pilot reported.


“Are there any signs of surface units?� The Major asked, and the Radar operator shook his head when the young officer of the past glanced at him.


“You have your orders, Team Two. Set down at coordinates, and make you way south along the ground toward the mine. Avoid being in the air as much as possible and all air patrols.�


“Copy that.� Kino said, as the second transport peeled off to the right, and banked gracefully away to the left as it continued on its new course toward the other end of the land mass where the mine shaft was located.


“Approaching coordinates, Major, in fifteen minutes…” A voice said, and Seth looked up, nodding his head.


The ship moved along dodging and darting, as fighters approached. The transport’s weapons fired, quickly knocking them down until they were clear. The transport banked again.


“Cease fire.� He replied, “Come in nice, steady, and easy, to the landing coordinates.�


Outside, the transport’s retro-jets fired as it slowly down, sinking slowly to the ground. It landed with a thud and the tank-tracks began to turn as it began to slowly move on its projected course toward the many entrances of the Tritium Mine.


“Inform the Clouds we landed beautifully, and we are now merrily moving right along.� The Major ordered.


“Aye, Sir.� The radio operator replied.


“Team two has landed and is now under way toward the mine from the south, sir.� Private Lang said, “They have light resistance, but they are moving right along.�


“Very well,� the Major said, hitting the switches on the console, glancing at the radar screen and the operator who worked next to him at the console.


The transport moved slowly along the ground, moving across the green hills and through the open long brush of several fields and toward the forest that would provide them cover as they stealthily would approach the mine from the north.


“Sir, sensors indicate a patrol ahead, five mega meters away.� The radar operator reported.


“Hold up here for a moment, Staff Sergeant.� Major Aguilera ordered, “We have company. Remember we want to keep this covert.�


The transport stopped with a sharp jolt and a youthful Lance Corporeal named John Baxter operates the radar console.


“Send coded message to Team two, encountered Cybertron positions, five miles from target. Dig in and hold transport position and go on foot to target.� The Major quickly added.


“Power off, power off…” The radar operator urged quietly.


“Power is off.� The Sergeant reported, as the engines both fell silent as a group of Cybertron drones ships and soldiers moved close by. Thankfully, they were ignored. The Major grimaced as he pointed to the door casually. It opened slowly, landing in a clearing of patchy dirt and green grass.


“We will go on foot from here.� Major Aguilera said, “We will probably run into more patrols as we close in from this distance. How far are we from the mine entrance?�


“We are approximately five, point three nautical miles from the entrance. We will setup cloaking system and camouflage netting.� Jeevers replied.


“Dig in our position.� The Major ordered.


“Copy that.� John Baxter said, and on the console in front of him, he hit a switch.


Outside, the transport slowly dug in using the massive drills that appeared from the smooth skin of the ship and the weight of the transport sank into the smooth earth around them. The side doors opened, allowing the group to muster outside and work quickly to put up the netting and other concealment of the ship. Several soldiers dug foxholes and the Commander sat in the chair at the main console. Behind him, the Major appeared with his helmet, sporting a sniper rifle and pistol at his side.


“Let’s head out and see what we can see, the mine is not far from here.� He said and they moved out.


A few minutes later, crouching low on the nearest hill, the Major with the Sergeant and two men had field glasses raised as they peered into the distance. Lucky there were hills that surrounded them, making for better concealment of their position. A large number of Cybertron ships and personnel surrounded the mine shaft, waiting for any attacks upon their position.


Gunnery Sergeant Jeevers whistled sharply, as he peered through the field glasses.


“Looks like there is a lot of company down their, sir.�


“Yeah� No kidding, Gunny…” The Major replied, "A heap of serious trouble it looks like, that’s for sure.�


“So what’s the plan, sir?� the Gunnery Sergeant asked.


”Well, we can’t fight our way in force with that sheer number of enemy like that and we don’t have a lot of options here.� The Major said solemnly, “The mission still has to remain covert, and we just can’t wait and find another entry into the mine. We do not have a lot of time to wait on action or the Cybertron will launch the offensive against Earth. We are going to have to attack now, I mean shoot crap and go with a covert mission with a small group of six to infiltrate the shaft or Earth is doomed.�


“Sounds like a bad position all around, sir.� Jeevers replied.


“And with those six, there will be no way for them to return to the surface of Aquarius from the mine to extract.� The officer grumbled, shaking his head, “Who is it that I order to die?�


Major Aguilera sat at moment and peered at the perimeter of the shaft. As he pondered, he stared at the Cybertron ships, and personnel who sat in the middle of it. Around them many ships took off and landed as they were being fueled with Tritium energy from the mine. The young officer grimaced as he glanced up at the afternoon sun sinking in the sky. He realized he had no choice in the matter and he made a snap decision. Six of the team had to die in a sacrifice play unless things drastically changed for the better.


“Alright, I guess that is the plan we’re going to go with Gunny.� The officer said, “I’ll select six for the infiltration with Kino right away during the strategy brief before we lose our chance to destroy Aquarius.�


“Right, sir…” Jeevers replied and he nodded.


“Let’s get the hell out of here. We can’t do much hanging around here.� Major Aguilera said, “Let’s get back to the transport and rally the men for a strategy brief.�


The sentry rustled a bush with her foot. Everyone froze. Looking through the sniper scope the Major peered at the clearing. A Cybertron had turned and was scanning the perimeter at the forest. The officer’s finger was on the trigger in a heartbeat as it walked toward the trees. Gunnery Sergeant peered through the field glasses.


“Jesus, here it comes.� The Sergeant breathed quietly as both watched the robotic soldier walk toward the trees. It stopped at the perimeter of the forest, and it stood there for a long moment, turning its head left and right, scanning the forest many times. The four Marines were on a hill, just adjacent to the clearing, and the sentry had knocked a rock loose that had rolled down the leaf-covered floor for a short distance. After many minutes, the Cybertron robot finally walked away, back to the fueling station where a ship landed.


“We’re clear. Now, go quietly!� Major Aguilera whispered sternly, and motioned with his hand. One by one they retreated back to the transport.


Meanwhile, on board the SS Whirlwind, Nova sat at the radar console and peered at the screen as the ships continued to fight and many more Cybertron vessels approached and fighters.


“The Clouds have made contact, and has informed us that the delivery boys have been deployed and have landed. Both teams have dug in five miles from the mine shaft.� Homer announced, “They can’t approach any more, without risking detection. They need us at rendezvous point at time.�


“We’ll be there.� Yamazaki replied frostily as there was a cheer on the bridge of the Destroyer and on many other ships, as Homer relayed it to the flagship. Especially on the Aircraft Carrier Essex and George Washington that sat in the middle of the protective ring of ships around it, many Dreadnoughts and Battle Cruisers with many escort ships around them.


“Sir, we are getting hammered pretty hard.� A voice said, “Should we pull her back a bit, and stay within the ring of ships?�


“Keep firing and maintain position.� Captain Yamazaki ordered, “Launch another barrage of rockets.�


From the destroyer’s second deck, from the rocket launcher, projectiles appeared and streaked from it. A few more explosions rocked a nearby Dreadnought that was taking a pounding by the Earth fleet but maintaining itself from its destruction. Behind them, Cybertron ships approached from the rear.


Sitting on the command deck aboard the carrier, Admiral Jesse Sampson stood next to the Captain’s chair. He stared at the view screen as lasers shot out from the ship’s guns and struck fighters that came toward them.


“We have Cybertron approaching from the rear quarter Admiral!� A voice said on the bridge of the Aircraft Carrier. Ships suddenly exploded and disappeared in a flash as ships appeared from warp. More Earth ships appeared from the nearby sector.


“Incoming message, sir from Golden Eagle…” Homer said, glancing at the console in surprise, “Task Force Six reporting their arrival and wondering if this is a private party, or anyone can join.�


His tone indicated humor in it, relaying the message over the battle-com.


Another cheer erupted on the bridge of the Destroyer as Astro-fighters streaked from the two carriers of Task Force Six. More Cybertron ships showed explosions erupting from their hull like mushrooms, despite the shields they had up around their vessels. Both fleets continued to hammer each other.


“Incoming message…” Homer relayed, “A coded message from Rear Admiral Fox commanding Task Force Six. They are going to take up a flanking position on the other side of Aquarius and try to draw in the Cybertron in, to allow everyone to pull back out of the sector.�


“There are reinforcements on the Cybertron side coming up from the planet.� Nova reported, “Task Force Six is engaging.�


All hell began to break loose as the two sides clashed and Task Force Five moved in closer to the planet. Task Force Six hammered on the reinforcements that rose up from the planet. They disappeared in flashes of light and explosions hammered smaller ships as they two were destroyed. Debris from the battle floated through the stars of space.


Seated on the Destroyer, Nova peered at her screen as the ship’s weapons continued to rumble and fire at the enemy ships. Nova sat at the console on board the Whirlwind, as she monitored the battle on her scopes. She managed a grimace at the module, clicking the switches on her console as explosions rocked the Destroyer.


“Radar indicates there are still more ships approaching from the surface.� Nova declared grimly, “I wish the Marine group would hurry up.�


“Homer, get in touch with the landing group and get an update and position.� The Captain ordered, “And relay to the Battle Group.�


“Aye, Captain.�


“The fleet is starting to move out, sir.� Homer announced, “All planes have been recalled, Captain.�


“They are finally getting out of here.� Captain Yamazaki said with a snarl, “About time. Our diversionary mission is complete� Let the Clouds handle the rest of their part of the mission.�


“Yes, sir…” A voice said, making both Wildstar’s grimace.


Outside in space, the fleet began to move out, and away from the Cybertron that was decimated about the water planet. Nova gritted her teeth as she watched her scopes. Surprisingly there was no loss of any aircraft or pilot, as if they knew the battle and hitting them in the same way. Time again seemed to pause, as there was another shift.


“Helm, prepare to move out, ten space knots.� The Captain ordered, “Follow in with the Task Force and lead ship.�


“Aye, Captain.� Came the reply and Nova managed a smile at Derick, her husband, who had made the announcement. Derick nodded his head at her, a grim expression on his face.


Slowly but surely, the task forces moved out and continued firing at the Cybertron, as they moved back and away from the water planet. Their duty and diversion completed for the Clouds who now waited for the transports to return to their ship.


Meanwhile, the Marine forces on the planet readied themselves to move in toward the mine shaft. They had packs full of explosives, twelve five hundred pound charges between two groups, in which were radio controlled to detonate from a receiver. They just had to get there, slip in the mine and covertly drop the charges that would destroy the planet. It would be a daunting task as they scouted ahead to see a legion strength of Cybertron Robots guarding the shaft, all comers for assault.


First, both groups dug in their positions, in the north and south of the target, securing twenty-five feet around the carrier with removable mines and claymores that could easily be used against robotic targets.


As they work, they keep a watch for any drones from the Cybertron, the evil war machine of the future that currently rules this planet using it as a base. A few minutes later, they stood in a group, as a holographic relay was setup on both sides, to relay the meeting between the groups for the strategy meeting on how to take the mine shaft.


“Alright, gather around. This is how the group is going to deploy.� The Major said, kneeling in a circle of his men, as he drew in the sand as they began a quick strategy brief.


“First of all, what we are up against is a large force guarding the main shaft on Aquarius and at the mine.� He said solemnly “Both teams are going to head to the main shaft and dig in on both sides taking up an observation position for over watch. Perry and I will set as a sniper over watch. A team of six will infiltrate the shaft to set the explosives and when complete return to the surface for extraction. We need to completely eliminate Aquarius or Earth is doomed as the Cybertron’s first target according to the Cloud’s Captain.�


The Major drew two lines out from the center circle to a couple of smaller circle.


“After we set the explosives, we are going to extract to five meters west and east to the transports.� The Major said, “I will trigger the pinch as soon as we are clear of the Aquarius atmosphere. By the time, they know we are there, it will be too late and we will be clear of the ground forces. Team two will head for the Whirlwind that will be waiting one sector over. The Clouds and I will be right behind you. Corporeal Stewart and Private Fishburn, you both will assist Warrant Officers Jones for monitoring and radar during this phase of the mission.�


“Roger that.� Came the chorus and Seth nodded.


“Alright, form up and prepare to move out. Standard L-formation and silent, prepare your squads Jeevers and Perry.�


“Aye, sir�" The Sergeants replied with a smile and they motioned to the group. Major Aguilera nodded to his youthful second in command’s holographic image.


“When we get there, you are going to take Lang, Rodriguez, Stark, Bills, and Keller with you into the mine, Lieutenant.� The Major said, “Manual and I will be on over watch to eliminate any sentries and resistance to keep you from the mine shaft.�


“I know that, Major.� Kino replied with a nod, “Don’t worry I know how to lead my men into a hot zone. The Lieutenant Commander is providing over watch on our end.�


“Excellent.� Seth replied, nodding to the live and holographic members standing in the clearing. “All right let’s move out folks, and get this done. Our planet waits for our return.�


Quickly In an ‘L� formation, they stealthily approached the mine shaft main entrance and peeked over a small hill at the even larger group of Cybertron that gathered around the entrance. There was a low murmur by the group. The Major unslung his sniper rifle and he peered through the scope, gathering more intelligence on the Cybertron who seemed oblivious to their presence now. One that seemed to be gazing out toward them and the Major’s finger found the trigger. He prepared to take the Cybertron soldier out of the equation, if it sounded the alarm, making everyone wise to the Marine’s positions.


“We’re ready, Major.� Gunnery Sergeant Jeevers said with a snide tone, and the Major managed a nod.


“Hold fire, unless given orders.� He told the group, “No exceptions.�


A few minutes passed, Major Aguilera smiled as he saw a flash of light on the far side where Kino and his group now positioned themselves. Kino and his group peeked in from the other side of the main shaft, both groups taking cover and remaining hidden to the many scouts and ships that raced around the open perimeter of the ancient mine shaft. He peered at now four legions that guarded it, while many ships of every size are landing here to refuel.


“Good, Nathaniel, Kino and his group are right across from us.� The Major told his group and there were smiles on their faces.


Before them, the clearing is about fifty feet in diameter. It is littered with ancient buildings and towers around the holes in the ground and sloughs where the ore was dumped as it was processed by the smelters located in this clearing. The clearing itself has long since been abandoned by the ancient people who once lived on Aquarius. It is now used by the enemy of the future, who had come to change time and win a war they were losing in the future. The universe had banned together to fight against them, far into the future and succeeded to drive back the Cybertron.


Both groups looked on in silence, and held their positions, refraining from engaging this large body of the robotic enemy. The ships continued to fuel without intervention by the Marines and only a few sentries walked near those fueling stations.


“Commander Miller to Team one� It looks like we have a lot more company out there skip. More than you initially saw.� Nathaniel said over the channel, “I don’t think we will be able to sneak past that many Cybertron as you planned at the briefing. I can bet even if we were able, there might be so many Cybertron below ground it might be a hell of a fight to plant the explosives. We might be trapped and not be able to get the hell off this rock. So I think we need another plan.�


“I actually agree, buddy. We’re still not going to engage that many enemy conscripts even in a diversionary tactic to allow us to get team of six through.� Seth said into the mic. “Our new plan is to wait a moment. I sent two men to scout nearby for an alternate entry point.�


“An alternate entry point�?� Kino asked, coming onto the channel.


“Yes, I suggest you scan and do the same. There has to be an air vent for the inhabitant of this planet a long time ago who worked the mine. If we can’t take that many enemy we’ll have to use it as a different entry point.�


“Great idea, sir� I’m on it.� Kino motioned to his soldiers, making hand signs and they both nodded silently. The Lieutenant Commander nodded as he glanced at him. As they stealthily moved through the undergrowth, the Lieutenant shook his head when they motioned to their rifles.


“Don’t return fire unless you are discovered, only eliminate the pursuant and don’t let the others know you are here. Get back here quickly, and leave no traces.� The Lieutenant said quietly.


“Right, Sir.� The one soldier whispered, motioning to the young woman who was standing next to him. They disappeared into the brush.


Kino motioned to two others who took their places, providing cover watch to make sure they were not discovered. Nathaniel took over-watch with a sniper rifle, peering through the scope.


After a few minutes, with team one, Seth turned as two soldiers slid back into the clearing. They both had a smile on their faces.


“You found something?� The Major asked, and they nodded. They stepped up toward the map that Seth held in his hand and they pointed at it.


“There is an air shaft three clicks southeast of here.� A private known as Lance stated, “Only three or four Cybertron guarding it.�


“Good, that’s our target and entry point.� Seth told the two scouts. “It is just as the Commander suggested during the briefing.�


“Team two, we found an entry point three clicks southeast of our position.� Seth whispered, “Any luck on your end?�


“We’re still waiting, major.� replied a voice, “Wait, standby-one.�


Kino’s two man recon team returned, smiling as they walked toward him and saluted.


“We found a shaft five clicks northwest from here, Lieutenant.� The one soldier said, “Cybertron resistance is only three or four guarding it.�


Kino nodded and turned to his map, and quickly used an instrument to calculate the distance. He nodded to the recon team.


“Great work.� He murmured, and he motioned toward the edge of the brush where the others stood watching.


“We found a similar entry Commander, five clicks northwest.� The Lieutenant told Nathaniel and he nodded.


"Okay that's our target gentleman." The grizzled officer replied, "Prepare to saddle up."


"Team one, we found an entry point." Kino informed Major Aguilera.


“Okay, that's the air shaft you wanted us to look for.� Aguilera said, "Move your team."


“Well, compared to your entry point that is a longer distance from the main shaft where we place most of our explosives. Suggest when we make our way underground to the main shaft from point of entry, that we should secure and hold the main shaft.� Kino reported.


“We can’t do that, extract will have to be the way we came, and we launch from the air vents. There are too many Cybertron located at the main shaft, a legion could be placed underground and we could be cut off from escape. We’d be cut off and be destroyed with the planet.� The Major explained, “Besides, we don’t know how many Cybertron are underground. We need to get some reconnaissance before we move into the shafts but we do not have the time. There are too many eddies and shafts of off the main one and little man power to cover it all.�


"I agree with the Major." Nathaniel replied, "We'd better stick to the plan."


“Well, that’s why I brought plenty of floaters sirs.� Kino replied, “They are automated drones that have a camera and infrared for dark areas. We can set them and watch as they probe the shafts and get to the main shaft.�


“Good, first we should take our troops and move to the air shafts, take and hold before we start poking around underground.�


“Roger that.� Kino whispered, turning his head to a Sergeant who stepped back and crouched, signaling to be quiet.


A hum echoed the clearing as a drone came close to their position, hovering for a moment then moving back to the center of the clearing. Kino let out a silent breath as did everyone present.


“I think they’re getting wise, skipper.� Kino said into the mic, “We just had a drone investigate and almost compromise our position.�


“Move everyone to the air shaft, no traces and do it quietly. Signal when you are in position.�


“Aye, Major. You got it.� Nathaniel replied, as he nodded to Kino.


“Sergeant Major� Rally your men, and prepare to move out, L-formation, no traces.� Kino told them.


“You got it Lieutenant.� Sergeant Perry replied with a smile and motioned to the men. The Lieutenant Commander pulled up the sniper rifle and he followed Kino and the others. He brought up the rear, keeping alert for anyone who followed the group.


“Alright, I will contact you in a half-hour.� The Major said, “When we make contact, use sub frequency and scrambled.�


“Right, contact in a half hour,� Kino replied, “Squad Baker out.�


“Squad, form up into L-formation, no traces.� Major Aguilera told the men and the group all gathered up their gear. They moved out in the proper formation to the southeast.


As they moved swiftly through the forest, along a makeshift trail, they heard a hum that seemed to be following them. Looking up, the group saw a Cybertron drone blinking as it was overhead. The hum of the suspension fields, holding it up in the air, crackled around them. It is the size of a basketball with many knobs and lights covering it.


Major Aguilera put up his hand, and then motioned to a nearby Corporeal who took up point, then to the drone. He made a throat cutting gesture. A shot rang out, a flash, sparks and a crash. The smoldering drone unit landed in the canopy, bouncing once, then landed onto the ground. It was buried quickly, to conceal the smoke.


“Did anyone notice?� Sergeant Jeevers whispered, and there was a shake of the head by each member.


“Keep watch, we are only two clicks from the shaft entry.� The Sergeant whispered, “It seems we are clear, Major.�


“Let’s move in to the shaft perimeter and take out all the robots at once.� The Major told them, “It ensures that none of them can call for assistance.�


“Good idea.� Jeevers said, and he passed it on to Sergeant Major Perry via text, who said they would try the same tactic.


The group moved toward the shaft, two clicks from their position, and each soldier took aim at a robotic soldier who stood in the open. There were only a half dozen or less in the clearing around the air shaft the next time they checked the status of the clearing. The Cybertron, in their arrogance, must have thought no one would detect such an opening to use it for a military operation. Major Aguilera gritted his teeth, as he peered through the sniper scope.


“Steady.� He told them, “Ready, and now.�


Shots rang out, all the robotic enemy fell at once. With smiles on their faces, the Marines moved in and they took up defensive posture around the opening. They began booby trapping the perimeter and waiting for an ambush as they prepared to for the next phase of the operation.


The shaft was located in a simple five-foot diameter clearing with a single building in the middle of the forest. The ancient building was designed as a trapezoid, and colored a strange deep purple color. The Major frowned in silence as he approached it, motioning for his men to take up positions around the building. He moved to the building and he motioned to the control, a hand print and a keypad with a small screen above it.


“Nice work, we have the shaft.� The Major complimented, “Stand by for phase two and for underground operations.�


“Aye…” A chorus of voice replied.


“Lang, how’s that door coming?� The Major asked, watching as the enlisted technician worked on the door, pulling off the panel and flipping wires on the backside of the panel.


“I think I got it.� Lang reported, as he had the panel open and strange alien-like wires flashed as they were connected to the keypad and console on the backside of it. A moment later, the hatch opened.


“Ready the floaters.� Sergeant Jeevers ordered, and they moved to the bag. He and his assistant prepared six floater units, programmed with an interior map of the mine, taken from a spectra-analyzer from the fleet in space. They released two and they disappeared into the gloom of the vertical air shaft.


“Okay, we got word from the Clouds that the fleet pulled back and the Whirlwind waits for us in the next sector with Task force five. The Clouds waits cloaked orbiting the planet, ready to pick us up.� Jeevers reported, listening to the headset of the radio that Koalitz carried on his back.


“Excellent.� The Major replied, “Inform Team Two, on a coded frequency that we are on our own, and the fleet waits for the signal and destruction of Aquarius.�


“Aye, it is already done, Sir…” Jeevers reported, in that snide, irritating tone. He managed a grin.


Turning the Sergeant and his assistant released three more floaters. The Major motioned for soldiers to take up position flanking on either side of the air shaft as the floaters disappeared down into it.


“Just in case our position is compromised, and units come to the surface.� The Major told his team. On the portable console screen, the floaters moved through the dark shafts, high and out of range of any detection devices for the robotic enemy. It also stayed out of the prying eyes from Cybertron patrols they saw located in the shaft.


“Damn.� Seth muttered, as he saw a large body of Cybertron in the darkness, highlighted by night vision mode.


“Nah, that’s not too many, but according to the spectra-graph there are many tunnels in that mine that branch off that we did not scan and Cybertron could be hiding.� Corporal Hicks said, “We’re in better shape than you think, Sir.�


“Let see what the floaters see.� Seth suggested, “Lieutenant Minezati and the Commander can see this right, what we see and we can see his floaters?�


“Yes sir, they can.� Jeevers said quietly.


“Strange, that they didn’t send any comments about it via radio.� Seth mused, and managed a shrug.


“Team one to Team two, come in please.� He said, and there was a crackle.


“Team two here.� Miller replied, “Go ahead skip.�


“What is your status?�


“We took the shaft, Major.� He said solemnly, “We tried that tactic and it worked perfectly, all by the numbers. We are currently setting booby-traps around the air shaft against any Cybertron in the area who come to investigate why the sentries here are not responding.�


“Excellent.� The Major replied, “Did you get the floater data we just sent you and your group?�


“Yea, it doesn’t look good.� Nathaniel replied, “It looks like I have Cybertron on my end too and if we enter it’s a sure ambush from all these unmarked tunnels. We don’t have the manpower or the time to recon them all.�


“I know the feeling Buddy.� He replied, “I’m going to proceed into the shafts as soon as possible, and take a shot and shoot crap. We have to take a crack at these bastards before they fortify.�


“That’s foolish. Shouldn’t we leave a sentry, at the door, heavily fortified?�


“Negative, make it look like you never were there, and go underground.� Seth repeated, “We don’t have much time till they are fully refueled. Our raid decimated quite a few of their fleet, but they could be rebuilt in a few days, as machines don’t require sleep and going full steam.�


“I see your point.� He replied, “I’ll clean us up, and set to enter in fifteen minutes. Kino� prepare for underground ops.�


“Set for underground operations, and demolition.� Jeevers said, “Stand by to repel into the shaft.�


The Major listened to the same orders being given to Miller's twelve raiders, currently waiting for infiltration into the shaft like the Major’s team. Both teams face the same unknown odds against them in both places at the mine shaft air vents.


A few minutes later as ropes and pulleys were set, a floater was programmed to lower itself down into the shaft. Night vision visors we activated and sentries watched for any activity in the mine. Private Sparks watched the screen on the console, as each floater descended into the air shaft.


“So far it looks clear, but I see a heat signature not far off though.� He told the group.


“Prepare to enter the mine.� Major Aguilera ordered, “Steady, quietly and set to open up a full barrage of strafing as we repel downward. When we will drop in the center and everyone scatter to the shadows.�


“Roger that.� A choruses of voices replied as lines were rigged and slowly in the dark, the Marines silently lowered themselves into the shaft to the ground.


“Hold up. There’s a patrol coming toward the shaft.� Rodriguez warned and stepped back, leading with her weapon.


Quickly, the Marines took up positions in the shadows, their weapons aimed at the Cybertron Patrol who marched into the light from a nearby tunnel. The lines that were used by the Marines were quickly tied off to some metal machinery inside the mine. The group of Cybertron stood there a few minutes as they scanned the dirt floor and the surroundings carefully, as-if alerted by the Marines.


When they did not sense anything, they marched out into the darkness into a nearby tunnel, their heavy footsteps echoing in the tunnel. The Major and company let out a breath they had been holding in, almost sure they were going to be detected by the Cybertron, but they were not.


“Did they detect us you think?�


“Hard to say Major, they might be getting wise if they have been trying to contact the surface patrol. We’d better hurry before a large patrol comes back.� Jeevers suggested and the Major, pondering a moment, had nodded in agreement.


Major Aguilera held up the sniper scope and peered through it. He put his finger to his lips and withdrew into the shadows as heavy footfalls approached again. This time two dozen Cybertron appeared in the dim light and they all stood around, peering around the surroundings. Their attention seemed to be focused on the disturbed dirt for a long period before they disappeared into the darkness.


“Jesus, I’d better be careful what I wish for, right?� Seth muttered sarcastically, and there were grins by the others in his group. The Major signaled with a wave of his hand, and the group slowly made their way through the shaft, keeping to the sides as they kept out of sight of the enemy as they advanced.


Meanwhile, the grizzled Lieutenant Commander, youthful Lieutenant and company were crouched on the corners also silently watching as Cybertron appeared into the light of the air vent of the ancient mine shaft, as-if alerted by the presence of the Marines. Everyone held his or her breath as Sergeant Major Perry took over watch and peered through the sniper scope. His finger was poised on the trigger, his attention on the face of the Lieutenant Commander who could say yea or nay to opening up and eliminating the soldiers. Miller held out his hand, thumbs up Perry would let the Cybertron live, thumbs down he would eliminate the guard.


“Come on Commander.� Manual thought urgently.


“I have the solution.� He whispered, and Kino grimaced sharply.


The Lieutenant Commander turned to meet the Sergeant Major’s expression with a hard one of his own. He finally signaled a silent ‘thumbs up� signal and the guard disappeared into the darkness. The Marines let out a silence exhale, and slowly Sergeant Major Perry nodded to the Lieutenant Commander as he brought his weapon up to his face, peering down the tunnel leading away from the light of the air vent. Kino glanced at the grizzled officer, and nodded in silent approval. They had to keep this covert.


Kino put his hand on the Sergeant Major's shoulder.


“Jesus that was too close, Lieutenant.� Perry whispered, and Kino managed a nod.


“Way too close.� He replied, “Activate night vision, and heat recognition vision on your visors.�


“Right, sir…” The soldiers replied.


Two guards on either end kept a look out down the shaft as they could hear the footfalls of the Cybertron robots walking the shaft somewhere.


“Move out.� Kino said, “Stay out of the center of the shaft.�


As they walked toward and down the shaft, they could hear footfalls ahead in the darkness. The group scattered into the shadows as a Cybertron soldier appeared out of nowhere, confronting a young Corporal named Sarah Perkins who was not fast enough to dive into the shadows. They young human and cyborg stared at each other for a second before she reached down, pulling her bayonet and thrust it forward, The young woman struck the Cybertron in its forehead and there was a spark as a short circuit followed, making it dropped its weapon. It discharged when it clattered on the sandy floor of the mine. The ricochet of the shots echoed in the mine, causing a minor shift of dirt from the ceiling of the shaft, and sent the Marines again ducking into the shadows.


“Shit!� Perry mumbled, and everyone scattered as heavy footfalls came their way.


The Marines held their positions near the walls in the shadows, all with night vision goggle on, their weapons ready to fire. The Cybertron Robots stood in the tunnel, and they silently used their scanners, panning a view through the interior of the mine shaft.


“All right, reaaaddy…” Perry mumbled, “Now�!�


Laser fire erupted all around the Cybertron. The robots sparked and jolted as they were cut to pieces by the Marine’s fire. More Cybertron showed up at the passages around them, cutting them off, and screams from a couple of the Marines echoed through the tunnel as their fire struck them before the Cybertron were again decimated.


“Shit! Who got it�?� Perry grumbled and motioned to the others to watch the tunnels as everyone was accounted for.


“Medic�! Over here!� A voice said, and the young Medic named Lance Corporal George Phillips, moved toward the injured soldier who lay bleeding on the dirty floor of the mine. The Medic grimaced as he knelt beside the soldier.


“I say, it rather doesn’t look good Sergeant Major.� George said, and met Perry’s nod with motion with his hand. The medic quickly patched the side of the soldier who is still living.


“The others are dead, Sergeant Major.� A soldier reported, “The smoke dissipated through the shaft above us.� He continued.


“Okay, move out.� Kino whispered, “Condition red. How many were killed George?�


The Medic shook his head. “Two were hit right between the eyes, and are certainly dead. They did not have a chance. The other was wounded in the shoulder.�


“Damn it.� Kino muttered, and he looked down at the sensor scanner in his hand that showed the tunnel. “We go that way. How we get at it is by moving along the edge of the tunnel, if possible, and stay clear of the center of the shaft. We don’t want any more surprises, activate two more floaters. Send them behind and ahead of us. Strip that body of every piece of equipment and even take the dog-tags.�


“Right, Sir.� A soldier replied.


"No wait." The grizzled officer said through gritted teeth, "Use the camouflage outer wear and put them in it. I want no one left behind."


"But�"


The grizzled officer silenced him with a look.


"A team's purpose is to stay together and look out for each other� They get to go home too."


The injured soldier coughed, and spat blood onto the floor. Kino put a finger to his mouth motioning for him to be quiet. Heavy footfalls thundered down the passage, as another patrol approached.


“Line up and against the passage walls, keep it quiet.� A soldier put his hand over the injured man’s mouth as he coughed up blood. A moment later there was a single shot, the injured human soldier became stiff, as he fell limply in the others arms.


“Bastard�!� A shout said and a Marine soldier drew his pistol. A single shot rang out, hitting the Cybertron who killed their wounded comrade. He was gunned down instantly. Kino and the others returned the fire, a firefight quickly started.


“Surrender humans, you are outgunned and surrounded.�


“Up yours, robo-dick...� A voice said, and there was laughter by the Marines that echoed the shaft. The robots paused, trying to compute the insult. The firefight continued as laser fire streaked across the chamber.


“Yay Jen!� A voice called across the chamber, and there was sprinkled applause.


“Shhh…” Kino chided, and he held up his weapon, as the Cybertron scanned the chamber. Kino’s shot hit a robot with a lethal beam and it sparked, flaming out brightly.


“That does not compute.�


“Compute on this!� Another voice said, and a hand was raised to give the middle finger. There was another burst of laughter by the Marines, male and female, as they remained hidden behind the equipment in the shaft. A shot rang out by the Cybertron, aimed at the soldier’s hand, but missed it as he quickly put down his hand.


“You are surrounded, surrender.� The Cybertron repeated. More shots were exchanged as they fought hard, and explosions shook the shaft as a Marine threw a grenade.


“No, they are not.� A voice said and Kino glanced at his men, as there automatic weapon shots were fired and the smell of acrid smoke filled the chamber. The laser by the Cybertron ceased.


“What the hell?� Kino exclaimed as he peeked out from behind the equipment with his men. The young Lieutenant looked at the Major who stood in the opening, over the bodies of the Cybertron in which he had felled with a rapid fire of gunshots. Major Aguilera held the Cybertron he had nicked and with a bayonet, he thrust it through the chest of the enemy. The Major’s arm was bloody through the tunic of his uniform, but now, no one seemed to notice.


“Major!� Kino said, as he motioned to the remains of his men, and only eight stood up.


“Anyone order a rescue, with extra cheese?� He said and there was a sprinkled chuckle.


The Lieutenant Commander lay on the deck having taken a shot to the shoulder and near his outer chest. The medic was kneeling over him.


“Alright, let’s clean this mess up.� Major Aguilera said solemnly, “Put those bodies in their parkas and put them aside for transport out of here. Take care of anyone wounded.�


“Aye…” A voice said, and there was activity in the shaft.


“I thought you were in trouble when you didn’t return call, so I came looking.� He said, and Kino shook the Major’s hand.


“Major, you’re wounded.� Kino gasped, spying the blood on the tunic. “You’re bleeding man. Let me get the Med…”


“I don’t have time to bleed.� The Major said firmly, holding his rifle in front of him. “Mind your team.�


The Major did not see the Lieutenant Commander, and gasped to rush to the medic's side. He glanced at the others.


“You got what’s left of my team out of a jam, I owe ya one.� Kino said.


“Forget it.� He said, “How bad are the wounded?�


“I can make it Major.� A strong reply spoke up, and he glanced at the Sergeant and others who stood around in the chamber. One of the voices had been the rough voice of the grizzled officer, his friend. Seth silently counted only nine left in the team, out of twelve that belonged to team two after the Major had thankfully bailed them out.


“Alright, the way is clear for the moment, I cleared it on the way. Let’s set these explosives and get the hell out of here lads.� The Major said formally, “Let’s move out, the other team is dug in near the main shaft. Remember we need to keep this covert as possible.�


“YEA�!� The Marines said with a bloodthirsty cheer, and as a group, they packed the extra gear, running fearlessly down the mine shaft. They ran into the straggling Cybertron units from the side shafts, taking them out in force without an interruption of their advancement toward the main shaft. In addition, as they moved through the shaft, they hid the explosives, rigging the shaft to blow by remote.


They soon reached the shaft, and the groups stood on either side, watching the dozen of Cybertron who stood on the ground floor of the mine.


“Sergeant Perry, Let’s take those mothers out.� Seth ordered, “I’ll take right.�


Shots rang out, and one by one, the Cybertron fell. An acrid smell of smoke filled the tunnel, as laser fire lanced out as the robots shot into the gloom, missing the Marines as they took out the group of Cybertron in the shaft.


Gunfire rippled through the shaft, striking two Cybertron, who burst into flames in the middle of the chamber.


“There are more Cybertron on the way, Major.� Jeevers said, “We have some serious company coming down into the shaft.�


“Not anymore we don’t.� Major Aguilera said firmly, “Hand me that bopper gun.�


He rose up, grabbing an RPG and he took aim, as a shot struck him in his vest. The Major let out a battle cry as he charged, leveling it quickly to shoot it off. An explosion followed as rubble, rock and robot parts were crushed under the tons of soil that fell inward on the mine floor. He held his weapon up as Cybertron appeared in the gloom and he led with it, firing two shots.


“That won’t hold them. Let’s get off of this hellhole fellas.� Kino said, after placing the explosives. They ran in two different directions, the team went to the waiting transport on the far end, closest to the main shaft, while the Major went the other way, and to the other waiting transport containing the EMP pulse generator. He knew he had a job to do, and to save the planet Earth by the destruction of Aquarius. It was rigged to blow thanks to his team and the few who had sacrificed themselves in the battles to stop the enemy. Who they would bring home on the transport heading to the Whirlwind.


He paused, holding his revolver as he hit a Cybertron guard directly, making the head completely break off and roll onto the floor of the mine shaft. Seth continued to charge down the mine, shooting all the way, until he reached the air shaft. He pivoted and led with his weapon taking out two Cybertron soldiers at the entry point of the Marines before quickly scaling the ropes to the surface.


When he reached the surface, the Major crouched at the building as he heard a hum as Cybertron guards appeared from the edge of the woods that surrounded the clearing. Nathaniel was with him, and placed an eye in the scope and one by one began picking them off, as they shot back. Drones raced into the clearing, only to be gunned down. They sparked and smoked as they struck the ground. Seth and his best friend dodged, as shots ricocheted off the wall and crouching, he returned the fire. Another Cybertron fell as he ran to the nearby path, heading toward the transport bringing them here.


A few minutes later, the Major ran on board the ship in a hurry, glancing only once Corporeal Jones who assisted him.


“Get ready to get the hell out of here, Corporal!� The Major said, "Let's get out of here and go home Commander. Our wives are waiting!"


The Corporeal and Lieutenant Commander both glanced at each other before bolting to the transport and to their places. Nathaniel took the pilot's seat.


"Hey are you up to flying this bird?" Seth asked, and the grizzled officer nodded slightly.


"Strap in and get ready for a ride." Nathaniel joked, making Seth and the corporal grin.


“What about the others?� She asked.


“They are on the other transport which will be leaving the sector on Whirlwind.� He replied, “You will be joining them when we reach orbit. There will be a brief rendezvous. I will also be setting off the EMP when we reach orbit too.�


“Yes Major.� The young soldier replied, and he nodded.


“Power up…” He ordered and Commander Miller nodded.


“Nominal, sir...� She replied as the hatches closed. Cybertron outside approached the transport and hit the booby traps. Massive explosions followed.


“Hit it!� The Major exclaimed and the ship’s engines thundered as both transports streaked up into the sky, moving higher and higher. Robotic drones moved toward them to intercept. On the First transport, the weapons were fired as they rocketed toward orbit, destroying and shooting down the drones that approached. Corporal Jones operated one weapon, as did the Major on the other, leaving the top turret to automation. Weapons fired from both transports. All hell was breaking loose as the ships continued to climb around them. The second transport similarly engaged and destroyed multiple air targets before thundering off into the sky.


Back on the Whirlwind, Homer sat at his console turning abruptly when he heard a beep from it. He only glanced at it once to smile, letting out a whoop of joy that echoed across the bridge, making the others turn.


“The transports have lifted off Captain!� He said gleefully. Nova and the others cheered as they clustered around the Communications Station.


“Delivery Boys to Whirlwind…” A voice said, and Homer hit the button. Nova recognized the voice as the Major’s, as she stood beside Derick and Homer.


“Whirlwind here, Delivery Boys.� Homer’s voice said icily.


“We are inbound toward you and running into resistance but should be in orbit momentarily.� The Major said over the crackling speaker, “Fireworks ready to detonate, will be on station shortly.�


“Roger that Delivery Boys. We’ll start timers when you detonate.� Everyone could hear the fire from the first transport as it fired at the Cybertron, having left its mic open. Both transports hit more aircraft as they streaked upward into the sky.


“Thirty thousand feet�.� Miller said.


“Keep climbing.�


An explosion rocked the transport as it was hit, and threw everyone to the deck.


“We’ve been hit.�


“Hit the boosters.� Major Aguilera ordered, and the Commander nodded as the ship streaked even faster into orbit. Ships from the surface rose up toward them on their way to intercept them and take them prisoner.


“We’ve hit orbit.�


“Magellanic Clouds, Wolf pack, standby for the pulse.� The Major said into the microphone. The ships all acknowledged the code.


“Roger that.� Ihsss said, “We have company coming for you guys.�


“We’re moving toward you.� Nathaniel reported.


The smoking transport limped toward the Clouds, followed by the other one. The first transport eliminated the craft that intercepted the Major and his party.


“Transport two� Head for the Whirlwind.� Major Aguilera said, “Don’t worry about us, we’ll hit the pulse and then eliminate the planet.�


“We’re coming along side!� A voice said, Seth recognized it as the Lieutenant, “Transfer over your personnel!�


The Major nodded to Miller and the soldier with him, who suited up in their Environmental suits. The Major did too. They opened the hatch and the rush of decompression pulled at their suits.


“Alright you guys get going. I’ll blow the damn thing when you two are clear with the second transport and the Whirlwind. Don’t worry, I don’t have a death wish, I’ll be right behind you with the Clouds.� Major Aguilera exclaimed, waving his hands at the two.


Both men nodded and disappeared into the gloom of space, hitting the thrusters on their suits and rocketing across the stars toward the second transport. Shots streaked across the expanse of space, and there was a yelp as they struck the other suited figure, making them spin off into space.


“I’m hit!� The Corporeal shouted over the mic, “I’m out of control!� There was another shout as laser fire struck the body that spun off into space.


Miller watched as his assistant was hit, and spun off into the background of stars. The others on the transport watched in horror as the soldiers crossed in a barrage of laser fire, streaking past them across the expanse of the two transports. The Lieutenant Commander gritted his teeth as he turned away from the transport.


“Damn!� Nathaniel grumbled as he hit the thrusters, the pack jets showing a blue flame as he rocket forward away from the transport.


“Where you going Miller�?� Kino shouted, “She’s dead!�


“I’m going after Corporeal Jones!� The officer said, “I’m not going to leave anyone behind!�


“Forget her!� Kino shouted, “Please board the transport and let’s get the hell out of here. Remember what your missus said, no Heroics!�


The grizzled officer continued to rocket at high speed as laser fire streaked past him.


The men watched as the shots streaked closer and closer and finally shots struck their comrade in arms. They heard him yell, seeing the bolts strike him in shoulder, and his abdomen as he spun out of control.


They saw the two bodies floating freely in the stars of space, unmoving.


“Miller�!� Manual shouted, “No!�


Manual started to suit up in a space suit, and he ran toward the airlock. Kino blocked his way.


“Don’t do it! You’ll be killed by the laser-fire!�


“I don’t care. I can’t let my friend be killed.� Manual said, menacingly. “Get out of my way, sir.�


“You can’t be serious, going out there in that.� Kino said, but Manual tried to walk past him. The Lieutenant put his hand on his shoulder, gripping it.


“I can’t let you go, Sergeant Major.� Kino said, “You are promised to someone yourself. We already lost the Lieutenant Commander and the Corporal� Please do not do that. If it makes you feel better, we’ll try to contact him and block the fire with the transport and you can recover the bodies.�


Manual wore a hard look as he put on a headset then his helmet.


“Nathaniel? Are you all right�? Come in please.� He said, “If you can hear me, wave your arms. We’re coming to get you buddy!�


A moment later, Manual saw him weakly wave his arms.


“He’s alive!� Manual shouted, “Let's get over there!�


“Let’s go! Give him some cover!� Kino said, as the transport turned and rocked toward the two space-suited figures that floated freely in the stars of space. Streaks of laser fire still streaked past them.


“Get him in here!� Manual had suited up as did Jeevers and they exited the airlock, kicking off into space, and headed toward the two bodies, and after a moment, pulled the two into the airlock.


“We got them. Let’s go!� Manual shouted, as the airlock hissed and oxygen flooded the lock.


A voice crackled over the speaker. The second transport headed toward the Whirlwind’s direction, with Cybertron in close proximity.


“Blow that damn thing and get the hell out of there Major!� Kino shouted, “We have wounded and we’ll see you on Earth!�


“Right� Roger, power-up complete, I’m going to hit it in two minutes!� The Major shouted over his headset, turning to the EMP aboard his transport that hummed and beeped at him.


The second transport streaked through the stars toward the waiting Destroyer that hovered nearby, shooting at the Cybertron armada that hovered in space in front of Aquarius. Laser fire hit the Transport, and there was a scream by Rodriguez and the other female Marine and a cursing in Spanish, a mile a minute as the transport shuddered and shook.


The transport darted and dodged, streaking toward the Destroyer before it was hit again, causing it to spin out of control as it tried to land on the Destroyer’s hangar deck. Smoking, after being hit twice itself, the battered transport landed with a crash in the Hangar after clipping the entry of the hangar doors of the EDC Destroyer. It spun in through the doors.


On the transport, the crew of Marines hung on for their very lives as the ship hit the deck hard, and became a twisted mass of metal as it rolled twice on the deck. Shrapnel and damage ripped through the rear of the ship as damage control crews tried to dodge when it finally came to a smoldering stop. Inside the twisted remains, both Marine groups were stunned and dazed as the hangar fire was fought. The roll cage built in to the interior of the ship had saved their lives, despite the twisted remains of the transport that now smoldered on the deck of the Destroyer.


Outside in space, the Destroyer turned sharply as it moved away from Aquarius. It prepared for warp, despite the damage to the ship, pulling back two sectors where Task force Five and Six stood on station, to protect its flank, if Cybertron was able to get away from the Aquarian destruction.


On the Destroyer, there was a klaxon alarm echoing throughout the ship, and a voice echoed on the loudspeaker.


“Crash on the Hangar Deck, Crash on the Hangar deck.� It said, “Everyone turn two and fight that fire!�


“Medical team, report to the Hangar deck!� A voice shouted over the loudspeaker, “Fire and crash on the Hangar deck! All hands on deck...�


An explosion rocked the back of the Destroyer as damage control parties continued to fight the flash fire of the circuits damaged as the transport crashed. On the transport, the Marines were escorted off one by one by the Medical team. Many were surviving Marines were injured moderately with the crash but every Marine who had been sent on this mission, living and dead were accounted for. Nova found the grizzled Lieutenant Commander who lay unconscious of the deck, having been miraculously thrown clear from the other half of the transport. He had rescued Corporal Jones and protected her as he pulled her from the Cybertron fire. He had been hit in the process and his status was unknown.


“Lieutenant Commander�!� Nova gasped, as she held him, peering at his blood covered and battered face. Tears filled her eyes as a Medic came over and they took off the helmet, laying him on the deck gently. They started to remove the suit. Sane knelt beside him a moment later.


“Wait!� Sane said, “His suit has been compromised and resealed after being hit. He is in a bad way. If you open that you might kill him. Move him to sickbay with the others.� Sane had held the scanner, but had seen the burn marks on his suit where it had been scorched by the laser-fire.

One by one, each of the wounded Marines who were living were evaluated by the medical team, led by Sane and Nova in a field triage center. The dead which they had carried back from Aquarius was placed and transported with dignity to the ship's morgue.


Another explosion rocked the Destroyer in the back as a wall of flames shot out from the battered Hangar doors of the ship. Doctor Sane was also the first to run to the wall intercom and here he hit the switch with a determined fist.


“Let’s go.� Sane shouted, “We have the transport aboard. All except the Major, who is on route to the Magellanic Clouds�!�


The Captain turned to Derick Wildstar who sat beside the pilot of the ship and he nodded silently to the youthful officer. Derick glanced at the pale young woman beside him, suddenly reminded of Kitano when they were aboard Yamato when they had come home and after the Comet Empire War they had been victorious against. He had piloted the ship on their maiden voyage for the next voyage taking them to Iscandar at the distress message of his brother and Queen Starsha.


“Stand by for Warp.� The Whirlwind’s Captain shouted, as laser fire grazed the back of the ship. A few moments later, the engines roared as it disappeared into warp space.


Back on the first transport, the Major gritted his teeth and hit the button after a loud hum radiated on the transport while powering up the EMP. He watched as the counter of orange numbers counted up, reaching the max number of five hundred. They were ready for the pulse.


“Activating EMP…” He said into the speaker, “Stand by.�


He hit the switch, and there was another beep.


A moment later, there was a surge as a blast radiated outward near the planet, and everything suddenly shut down in the way of power. On the bridge of the Star Cruiser, and other EDC ships there was a surprised gasp by all. Power systems failed as they went dark through the entire sector. They had already been expecting it and had set up a counter, for reboot purposes of all systems and already re-initializing all systems. All Cybertron that hovered in front of Aquarius, on the surface, or anywhere in the region went dark and drifted freely in the cold depths of space.


“EMP pulse detected, Captain!� Felonious reported.


“Start the timers, and reset all systems. Prepare for emergency power up to warp the hell out of here when we recover the transport.� Ihsss ordered.


“Aye, Captain.� Felonious said, “Counters already activated, we are on emergency power, and we will be rebooted in about six and a half minutes.�


On the transport, The Major hit the reset button that regulated manually the oxygen supply aboard the tank-like ship. He struggled toward the panels inside the transport, hitting the reset button on the computers, and waited as the power came up and began booting everything.


Five minutes elapsed, as system began beeping at him, and he groaned as a shock made the transport shudder. It was hit by an explosion of an engine panel caused by the damage before. Seth slammed his hand on the button to ignite the boosters and the engines sputtered and sparked as they re-ignited. The ship streaked blindly toward the rear of the Clouds, now visible, drifting nearby. The Major hit the switch for the navigation and the HUD glowed as the system was activated. He quickly piloted the ship toward the Clouds, knowing they did not have a lot of time before the Cybertron would be rebooted too and resume operation. He had to get the hell out of there, damn quick, before they were destroyed by a hundred to one odds against them.


On the Clouds, Felonious had his furry head in the sensor module and smiled when saw the transport’s engine spark and begin moving toward them, out of control at first, but just moving. He managed a toothy grin on his feline features. He let out a loud feline whoop.


“It looks like Major Aguilera is still with us!� Felonious observed, “We have an incoming transport, Captain T’Larra! Out of control and blind as a bat, it seems.�


“Good. Prepare to recover transport.� Ihsss said, with a toothy grin on her reptilian features.


“Engineering to Bridge, power systems are on their way up!� Voloxa said, “No damage to the ship. She should have enough to move now!�


“Open the Hangar Bay doors.� Felonious ordered.


“Hangar Bay doors opening.� Kwai reported, as an outside hatch opened for the transport that approached the Cruiser. Streaks of lasers ripped past the hull of the Clouds. “Weapons active�!�


“Return fire!� Ihsss said, as torpedoes were launched at the Cybertron, and they struck the ships causing them to explode in an energy burst. Lasers erupted from the main turret of the Clouds and the lethal beams struck the ships as well.


“Secure the weapons and cease fire. Get us out of here helm!� Ihsss ordered, “Full possible speed! Activate cloaking!�


Veloxa turned to the console and her hands struck the buttons on the panel with her claw-like hand appendages. Outside in space the ship lurched as it slowly moved away from Aquarius. The crew anxiously looked up at the view screen, at the planet that hovered in the background and the large Cybertron Fleet that had started to show life.


“Where’s that damn transport?� Ihsss exclaimed.


“The transport has taken damage, Captain. It’s barely able to maintain a steady line for the Hangar Bay doors.� Kwai reported.


“Get him in quick, the Cybertron will be up by now on full power.� Ihsss ordered sharply, and there was a nod by Felonious.


On the transport, smoking as the Cybertron ships now actively fire at it: The Major held the flight control of the smoking transport, trying to hold it steady to bring it safely into the Hangar bay of the Magellanic Clouds. Several times he tried to approach the Clouds, drifting too far left or right. He had to circle the Cruiser many times trying to keep the damaged vehicle steady as it approached the main mother ship.


They heard a crackle and the voice of the Major over the speakers. Hi’Mthsss let out an exasperated gasp.


“It’s just no good, I can’t hold her.� The Major stammered into the headset, “She’s breaking up� better leave me here.�


The ship began to shimmy wildly. He peered into the HUD as the ship drifted toward the edge of the Hangar doors of the Clouds, smoking, crackling as systems began to fail.


“No way, Major. I’ll get you in, you can count in it.� Voloxa said, standing in the hangar, “Bring it hard right. I am on the Deck can you see me? I have the signal paddles.�


Voloxa waved his arms and on the ship, the Major smiled, seeing the red glow of the paddles that urged him to bank to the right.


“I see you, Voloxa.� The Major said sharply.


“Good, bring it hard right.� Voloxa ordered.


The officer of the past made the wounded ship bank slightly right and Voloxa smiled.


“A little more� good� You’re okay, bring it home.� He coached, “Add power� power!�


The Major felt a lurch of the ship, knocking him to the deck. An explosion hit the ship as laser fire struck it again by the Cybertron weapons.


“Oh the hell with this shit�!� He exclaimed sarcastically, and got up from the seat to run toward the airlock. He put on his suit helmet quickly and the Major jettisoned himself into space. He immediately hit the thrusters on his suit to catapult himself toward the Clouds, an explosion behind him as the transport finally disintegrated. It threw him toward the Cloud’s hull with shrapnel as it struck the hull off the main ship with dull thud. A low tone and static cracked over the intercom’s main speaker.


“Transport destroyed, Captain!� Felonious reported and sharply turned his head to stare in alarm at the Captain.


“Major!� Ihsss exclaimed.


There was a gasp by everyone, including Voloxa.


“Major Aguilera?� Hi’Mthsss said into her headset, “Come in please.�


There was nothing but silence for several minutes and a look of fear appeared on the faces of the Clouds. Hi’Mthsss sent the same message multiple times, as she tried to get a hold of the young soldier of the past who had thrown himself willingly into space after an alarm sounded on the transport.


“H-he’s gone.� Hi’Mthsss stammered, “I am not receiving a signal!�


Ihsss raced to the console next to her daughter, and took up the headset. She touched the button on the console, and then another, switching channels.


“Ihsss to Aguilera� Come in please.� The reptilian Captain said many times, with no response. “Where in space are you?�


“Felonious� scan for the Major and the debris for any life signs.� Ihsss ordered, “Is there even a life sign out there?�


“Clouds, I am OK.� Seth said after a moment, “I am not seriously damaged.�


There was a breath of relief on the bridge.


“Where are you?� The reptilian Captain asked, and out in space the suited figure smiled, despite the burns on his suit.


“Open airlock� uh port side.� He said, as he clambered to the side of the Clouds, “Hurry, I am leaking air.�


The airlock slid aside and allowed him to enter. He hit a button to close it behind him and there was a roar as fresh oxygen flooded the chamber. Here he removed his helmet, staggering slightly as he fell aside onto the built in seat inside the airlock. The Major turned to pull himself up and made his way to the inside airlock door, opening it. Extreme pain radiated from his back area and legs and he staggered from the airlock into the Hangar Deck Level of the Cruiser. Falora was at the airlock door in a heartbeat as the Major struggled toward the intercom. He fell to the deck in the middle of the Hangar deck as the medical team was there to greet him.


“Is he aboard?� Ihsss asked, “Hangar deck? Is he aboard?�


“Affirmative…” Falora said, hitting the button on his wrist communicator, glancing at the burned space suit of the Major. “He’s pretty banged up, Captain.�


“Noted, doctor� Okay, helm, warp us out of here!� Ihsss exclaimed, “Jump us to sector beyond and Major if you can hear me, hit the control and blow it!�


“Visual.� Ihsss ordered, as the view screen switched to the stars of space and magnified to the blue ball of Aquarius where the Cybertron fleet now hovers there, now showing signs of life. Laser fire streaked through space at the Clouds.


The Major, remembering the mission had gasped and he typed in the code quickly on the keypad of his suit arm.


“So long assholes…” He muttered, before slamming his hand on the button on the arm of his suit. A beep followed as an explosion in space followed. Aquarius disappeared and vanished in a flash of multi-colors. A moment later, Major Aguilera passed out on the deck, lapsing into unconsciousness.


No one knew that a several pieces of shrapnel had pierced his suit and his body, wounding him. The suit had sealed after penetration and he lay on the deck as Falora stood over him, shaking his massive head as he scanned him with a hand-held scanner.


On the bridge, the crew worked feverishly as the planet suddenly disappeared.


“Explosion detected, Captain!� Felonious said happily, “Stand by for shock waves.�


A ribbon of shock waves and debris floated freely toward the Clouds and the ship shook briefly as it banked to straighten out its course, maneuvering toward the Earth Fleet's position.


The Cybertron fleet where Aquarius once hovered, became brilliant flashes of secondary explosions in the background of space for a brief moment. When the flashes finally subsided, that a multi-colored glow of the reverse black hole formed where Aquarius once had once been. It had become exactly as had been predicted by he EDC scientists. The Cybertron mostly had been destroyed on the planet, and the fleet that was in orbit or in the sector around Aquarius had been drawn into the black hole, taking them to a different dimension of space or completely destroyed.


Down in the hangar deck, on the Whirlwind, Kino and a few of the others stood at the windows of the ship, and had watched as the planet disappeared in a flash. They let out a cheer. There were handshakes among the crew of the Whirlwind, cheers, and massive celebration erupted on the ship.


“Holy shit� YOU DID IT Aguilera!� Kino exclaimed, as a cheer by the Marines and the crew of the Whirlwind echoed the corridors. They crew all gathered at the portholes, staring at the discolored portion of space, as planetary debris was hurled at all the ships, dispersing into deep space.


“Sensors indicate a black hole one sector over, we are on the extreme edge of the sector, and it seems to be growing larger.� Sandor said, “That was the result the EDC scientists suspected would happen when they destroyed Aquarius!�


“Simply incredible�!� Derick gasped, as the crew chattered on the bridge.


The view screen of the Whirlwind was locked on the sector ahead, and magnified on the black hole that swirled in the background of space. A strange glow of plasma seemed to surround the area of space. Stars were sucked in, unable to escape as the glow became brighter as many minutes passed. They turned to the Captain who was watching in stunned silence.


“I don't know Sandor.� Nova said, “It is ominous, but in its own right has become very beautiful.�


“A hole in space, with no escape.� Sandor said, “It is only a theory of navigation that it is a dead end in a star or a hole into a different dimension of space. A very ominous body that will never be understood.�


He glanced at the Captain, “I recommend we drop buoys here and around the sector that will keep anyone from entering the sector.� Sandor said, for navigation in these two sectors for Earth ships.�


“Agreed.� The captain replied, nodding to Eager who hit a button. Automated buoys streaked outward into space, and took up position on every section of the sector, their red beacons blinking rapidly.


The cheers became an ominous respectful silence as the thought of the first transport and the Star Cruiser Class Starship of the future came to mind. They had almost forgotten the ship, having lost contact, and they equally were the ones who had finished the job, pulling off the impossible... The destruction of Aquarius.


“Oh my god� The Clouds and the Major…” Nova exclaimed aloud, “Tell me you have them, Homer?�


“I am already trying to make contact.� Homer said, “There is some sort of radiation interference making contact difficult.�


Nova’s face showed utter horror upon it, realizing the jest of the situation and the truth of the matter. Something dreadful had just happened and they had lost their new friends.


“Don’t worry. We lost contact with the Clouds as soon as the explosion happened when it was triggered.� Sandor explained, “It was surge of radiation from the tritium explosion. We have full power now on sensors and there is no contact right now. That does not mean they did not warp. They’d be undetectable during a warp anyway.�


“Keep trying to make contact.� The Captain ordered, “Regular intervals.�


“Aye, Captain.�


Nova tied to focus on the radar screen, in an attempt to make radar contact with the Star Cruiser while Homer tried to make Communications contact. She hardly heard Homer as he spoke rapidly into his headset trying to raise the Star Cruiser from the future, with no result.


“Whirlwind to Dark Angel�!� He said, “Come in please.�


“Whirlwind to Dark Angel�! Respond!� Homer exclaimed again, “Come in please.�


Fifteen minutes elapsed before Homer turned toward the Center seat on the bridge and he met the Captain’s questioning expression with a silent shake of his head.


“We have no response sir!� Homer said with an exasperated breath.


“Keep trying Homer!� The Captain ordered, and the young Communicator kept talking into his headset, as he switched channels.


As the EDC ships waited and watched for any signs of the Clouds, only hearing the ominous silence of space and saw the stars of space around them. Kino, Kowalski, Jeevers, along with Sergeant Major Perry went to the bridge, stepping off the lift as it opened there. The crew turned, flashing a smile at the four Marines who stood near the lift. The Captain moved to greet them with his bridge crew who clustered around them.


“Welcome aboard the Whirlwind!� He intoned, “You are heroes. You all did an outstanding job!�


The Captain frowned, noticing that one of them was missing from the group, knowing there were five of them that was supposed to be standing here on the bridge. He remembered s few of them were killed in action on Aquarius, but the Lieutenant Commander should have been with them on his bridge, reporting in.


“Wait, where is Commander Miller? Didn’t he come with you?� The Captain asked, the group gasped remembered sickbay where most of the Marines were taken.


“He was wounded saving one of his comrades during transfer of the transports and was wounded on the planet's surface.� Kino said, “Doctor Sane is examining him as we speak.�


There was a low gasp among the crew.


Is there any word from the Clouds, Sir?� Manual asked.


“Negative.� The Captain replied, “We lost contact with the Clouds when Aquarius blew. I have a suspicion that they probably sustained damage and are not able to contact us right away. There is no way to tell for sure though. All we can do it hope.�


“Oh my god…” Manual gasped, closing his eyes to look away, fighting the emotion that he suddenly felt overwhelming his whole body. “What about Emily? Jesus, what about Angie?�


He grimaced at the idle thoughts. The Captain and the bridge crew all picked up on the uncomfortable expression on the Marine's faces.


“Damn, we just don’t know yet.� The Captain said softly to himself, “And all we can do is hold here in space for another few minutes to sure before we abandon the search. There’s got to be something more to be done than just this, damn it.�


“Homer, inform the battle groups that we recovered the Marine team and will form up with them in a half hour. We have engaged in rescue operations to assist the Clouds when contact is re-established, if they survived.� Captain Yamazaki ordered, and the communicator turned to nod his head, having returned to his station.


“Yes, Sir�!� He said happily, speaking into his headset.


“Damn, be there Clouds.� Manual grumbled, “After what we all went through, it’s not fucking fair!�


The crew waited anxiously for any word from the Clouds, which would never come, as the ship itself was hurled several light years and many sectors over after being hit by the shock waves by the explosion from Aquarius.


Down in the sickbay of the Whirlwind, Doctor Sane scanned the young officer with Nova Wildstar who stood next to him, coming from the bridge at his request. She grimaced, seeing the battered face, blood covered, and pale.


“Let’s get him out of the suit!� Sane said, as they undid the gloves, uncoupling the fastenings of the suit. As they did so, that they saw blood, and his innards slither from the wounds sustained to his body.


“Oh my god�!� Sane murmured, grimacing as he grabbed the laser suture machine, and immediately tried to close the wound.


The Commander exhaled sharply, as a long tone echoed the room.


“Flat line�! Doctor Sane�!� Nova shouted quickly, gasping as she peered at the face of the grizzled officer.


“No!� Sane shouted, grabbing the laser mender and quickly barked at Nova who nodded, running about the sickbay as she put the supplies on the table. Sane feverishly began just working on the Commander, lying on the slab with shaking hands after reviving him quickly. He had not even bothered to scrub as he rapidly and feverishly worked on the dying man. Several minutes elapsed as Nova stood near the body of the Commander, who was living, but a pile of tubes and monitors, keeping him alive.


“Get me the bridge!� Sane said sharply, and Nova seeing his hard look had gasped. She remembered the memorial and the strange Major of the future, the way he had worked on him in the same way with determination and passion to keep him alive.


“Captain here…” Yamazuki said, as Sane’s face appeared on the visual console.


“I have a report of the Marines.� Sane said his voice even. The sound of it made the Captain’s skin crawl.


“Report Doctor.�


“All the Marines will be fine, who survived the mission.� He said, “One fatality and one casualty in critical condition.�


Manual, Kino and Jeevers turned when they heard the report. Sergeant Major Perry’s blood ran cold as a numb sensation moved through his body.


“Who�?�


“Corporeal Jones.� Sane said, “She was dead on arrival…”


The four Marines let out a breath.


The Captain shook his head, a hard glance moving to the trio of Marines who looked on.


“The Lieutenant Commander�?�


“He's in critical condition, he is not expected to live short of a miracle.� Sane’s voice replied evenly and the Marines, the crew, even Captain could hear the weeping of Nova Forrester-Wildstar who assisted Sane with him.


“God Damn it!� Perry shouted, punching the bulkhead with his hand, and leaving a dent on the metal. There was an astonished look as Manual turned to move to the lift away from the Lieutenants and Jeevers. The Gunny bolted to try and stop him but was restrained by Brian. He glanced at Kino who nodded.


“Let him go.� Kino said softly, “Let him cool off, before anyone gets hurt.�


The three men watched as their friend disappeared in the lift.


The crew all had a glum look on their faces, as the three Marines excused themselves, and left the bridge, heading to sickbay to visit the wounded Marines who had survived the mission. They went to their quarters, their thoughts all of the Lieutenant Commander who lay in sickbay, fighting to live.


As for the Magellanic Clouds, the ship travels at slow velocity speed through the stars of space. On board, the space-suited figure of the Major has been recovered after ejecting from his damaged transport toward the Clouds who barely cleared the sector warping out when the young officer from the past hit the control to destroy the planet.


Now on the bridge, the Captain, Ihsss T’Larra commands the vessel as Seth remains unconscious in sickbay. The ship’s damage control is under way, as the damage was severe. The ship makes ten knots, on course back toward the Task Force’s position, but barely making headway at this speed. Space suited figures float freely as they work, feverishly repairing the ship and their plan to return Seth to Earth before they will attempt to return home to their own time.


Seth had fallen after being hit with shrapnel from the explosion that had thrown him against the bulkhead of the cruiser, and barely managing to climb inside the airlock before he succumbed to his injuries. The last thing the Major clearly remembered was the explosion and the cruel hardness of the bulkhead of the ship. A moment later, he was standing in front of Emily, dreaming as he held her warmly on an Earth beach, spending their promised honeymoon together and beginning their new life together after being married before the mission started.


As Major Aguilera lies on the bed, he slowly groans as he opens his eyes, the warm feelings fading and darkness filling in around him as the dreamlike state euphoria faded away. A cool chill makes his body tingle, as his vision is blurry at first, but slowly focused on the familiar face of Falora Platt, the willowy Elowan ship’s doctor who stands over him as he lies on the examination bed.


“Welcome back.� Falora said, managing a smile, as the Major groaned, covering his face with his hand. Seth’s bed beeped and chirped as he lays there, showing his vitals in an electronic read out. Seth's eyes moved about the futuristic sick-bay at the beds and everything. He grimaced.


“Hell I guess the old series Star Trek made it out in the in universe too.� He thought, frowning. He put a hand on his head.


“How are you feeling?� Falora asked.


“Ugh� someone tell the guy with the hammer to lay off.� The young officer grumbled, and he glanced at the smiling face of the Elowan ship’s Doctor. He chuckled at the sarcasm, which was a good sign.


“It was touch and go for a while there, and we were not sure if you were going to recover.� He said, “But I am glad you are awake.�


“Let me guess, we’re on the Clouds?� The Major asked.


“Yes, and on course toward Earth. We are on partial main power, and making ten knots.� Falora told him, “We’ll be arriving in a few days at Earth to drop you off, unless we can get the main engines on line to warp there.


“Have you been in contact with the Earth fleet?� Seth asked, and he shook his head.


“Our damage was severe and it shorted out the radio and the antennas.� He said, “We’ll get a message to them as soon as it is repaired.�


Seth tried to sit up but the doctor touched his arm with a warning touch as he lay back with a thud. He found that he felt strangely, his legs numb and unable to move them.


“Now just lay there and be happy you are alive.� the Doctor snarled, “You have been through a lot. You should rest until we get to Earth. I have something to also tell you before you find out on your own.�


“What?� Seth asked, and the Doctor frowned.


“How long have I been out, and what happened?�


Seth tried to sit up again and tried to move his legs, but found he could not.


“Doc, what the hell is wrong with me?� Seth asked, “I can’t move.�


Falora had a grim look on his willowy face.


“I wanted to tell you first, you were severely injured, and are paralyzed, Major…” He said, “I didn’t want you to move, and I did what I could to remove the shrapnel from your back, but it lacerated your spinal cord. I used what I knew in medicine to help you, and even then, I was not able to get it all, being too close to the cord. You need to not move, and just lay there, or you won’t walk again.�


“What the hell?� Seth stammered, as he lay back. He felt an burning numbness in his legs, and toes.


“I can’t feel anything, and there is nothing but a tingle in my back and legs.� Seth complained, and Falora nodded. “I know, I tried my best, but your surgeons on Earth might be able to help you better than I. I have never worked on a human before. I had to consult what I learned from Earth anatomy books I found while on Earth.�


Seth tried to move and could not, fighting to move anything on his lower extremities, and he lay back exhausted by the attempt.


“Just relax and lay there and heal for now.� The Doctor said, “If you need anything, just holler and I will assist you or one of my staff will assist you.�


“Can you give me a minute doc?� Seth asked, and the Doctor nodded.


“It’s not like I am going anywhere, but I just have to mull this over, and kind of come to terms with it.� Seth said his mind in turmoil at not being able to move.


“Emily won’t understand and accept this.� He thought, “If they knew I was severely injured like this they should not have saved my life. Therefore, there is one way out. Better die a Hero than a zero. I don't want to burden her being an inviolate.�


“I’ll be in the next room.� The Doctor replied, “If you need anything, holler and I or my staff will come.�


Falora left the room into his office. A few minutes of silence followed, until a loud gunshot echoed the room. Doctor Platt was on his feet in an instant, and ran into the room. A pool of blood encircled the table and room, as a smoking revolver was in Seth’s hand. Blood also splattered the room around them. Falora was aghast at the mess, and astonished by Seth’s rash action.


“Sickbay to Bridge�!� Falora said, hitting the intercom with a shaking appendage.


“Ihsss here…” The reptilian Captain replied.


“You’d better get down here.� Falora said, his tone unnerved, “You’d better hurry.�


“Doc�?� Ihsss asked, and standing on her bridge, she glanced at the view screen. A look of upheaval and horror suddenly overwhelmed her senses and she grimaced.


“Felonious, come with me.� Ihsss said, “Veloxa. You have the con.�


Ihsss and Felonious ran to the turbo-lift and the doors snapped closed.


A few moments later, the reptilian Captain and feline First Officer ran into the Sickbay, as Felonious worked over Seth covered in his blood as he tried to revive him. He had the laser cutter, as Seth’s vitals beeped on the monitor, and then stopped. They had to perform CPR multiple times to keep him alive as they tried to seal the wound, and repair the damage that had been caused by the shot.


“Oh my god…” Ihsss murmured, and looked away. Felonious grimaced in horror also. They fought down emotion as they moved to the Doctor’s side who worked with his staff over the body of the human they had rescued.


“What happened here?�


“He tried to terminate himself.� Falora said, “I left the room and forgot to remove his pistol with me. I did not think he would have done such a foolish thing. His wound to his back and paralysis he is as experiencing is only temporary! The shrapnel hit him as the transport had exploded�! He will walk again if he refrains from moving until the doctors on Earth can look him over!�


“Oh my God…” Felonious murmured, staring at the blood that dripped and pooled on the floor of the Sickbay.


Ihsss stepped up and her hand was on the body of Seth as they tried to stop the blood that poured form the human’s body. Seth’s heart stopped three times as they were in the process of saving his life.


Back on Earth, Amy, Amanda, Melinda, Emily and Denise all celebrated with the EDC staff as the radio message of Aquarius� destruction was radioed back to Earth. They poured champagne into glasses as the stasis crew looked out over the city, sipping the superb liquid from them.


Emily had been staring out at the waters of the sea when she sensed the Commander’s aide walking toward her. Turning her head, she met the impassive stare of Mitty as she came toward her. She held a dispatch in her hand, a report from the Task force that now brought the Yamato crew, and the Marines back to Earth after their mission. Seth was to follow on the Clouds and transfer to the Whirlwind when they were in range. Mitty had a pensive expression on her face and grimaced as she stood there, facing Emily.


The young Lieutenant Montgomery-Aguilera saw the look and a questioning expression appeared on her face.


“What is it Commander?� She asked, as Mitty handed her the report that was sent from the Task force. Emily took the report and scanned it, her eyes showed surprise as she read the report.


“I’m sorry.� Mitty murmured, and turned her head away as tears formed in her eyes.


Emily suddenly swooned, and fainted onto the deck, dropping the glass of champagne. Her head hit the ground with a thud and she lay motionless. The dispatch fluttered to the ground and lay gently beside her.


“What the hell? Medics�!� Mitty shouted, “Get them now.�


The stasis crew rushed to her side, Melinda knelt beside her, rolling her on her back, and putting her hands on Emily’s heart. Her hands shook, as tears filled her eyes. Melinda took up the dispatch, and the report and she scanned it. Her hands shook even more in absolute horror. .


“Oh no� NO!� The dark-skinned young woman said and she dropped the dispatch, covering her face. She began weeping hysterically.


“What is it Melinda?� A voice asked, “What’s wrong?�


Angie, Denise and Amanda clustered around Amy as they looked over her shoulder, gasping.


Captain Stethem-Miller grimaced as she held the dispatch in her hand too. She crumpled to the deck sobbing into her hands.


The report had been the status of the team's recovery and they indicated that Angie's husband was injured critically, and Seth was missing in action. It was not because of heroics that it had happened, they were under fire and overwhelming odds had struck the transports several times as they were transferring personnel. They had been cut-down in a deadly crossfire with nowhere to go. Seth and the Clouds had triggered the destruction of Aquarius, but in the explosion's shock wave had been thrown off into space, and assumed lost.


Melinda and the other stasis crew, as well as the Command crew of EDC turned as medics arrived. The medics placed Emily on a stretcher, reviving her with smelling salts and she opened her eyes. A crazy look appeared there. She started screaming and she did not stop. The young woman was not the same as before.


It is on board the Earth ship, the Space Destroyer Whirlwind, however, that Sergeant Major Perry stands alone in his quarters. As he stares out from a porthole at the stars of space, his gaze also falls upon the other ships that surround them in the convoy heading for Earth. The mission is complete now and as he watches the stars, he thinks of the past few hours and days and to the mission they have just completed. It had been a hard mission, harder than anything he had ever done in his entire military career. Harder than even stasis, being placed in and recovered and having to catch up learn into the new century in which they found themselves. They had to destroy a planet, and succeeded to do so. However, everything had gone haywire in the process of the mission.


“And at what cost?� The Sergeant Major thought, thinking of five people from the Commando group and countless others that would not be coming home after a diversion that allowed them to be deployed to Aquarius undetected, thanks to the Clouds, a ship from the future.


“We might have won the day, but with not without cost and death aplenty.� Sergeant Major Perry thought, continuing to stare at the stars through the porthole on the ship. “What about those people assigned to the diversion and who won't be coming home... What about their sacrifice...?�


Here he shook his head, limping as he walked, moving toward the nearby table in his quarters. It is covered with papers, compliments of the Lieutenant who was in charge of the group as second in command. He had lost his best friend, his stasis mate, in two instances and blows, but all what was deemed as being in the line of duty.


“It won’t be long now and we’ll be home to a Hero’s welcome.� Manual thought, “But some party that will be without the real heroes who did he deed. God knows we certainly paid for this party with our dearest blood.�


As Sergeant Major Perry also stood in his quarters, his mind is filled with cosmic thoughts, thinking of his lost friends. He almost had forgotten about the meeting he still had to do back on Earth with Lieutenant Aguilera-Montgomery bringing personal effects to her because he had died. He had promised both their spouses to bring the two of his shipmates back home. Now, however, all he would be doing now was take the personal effects of the Major to her and have to explain why her lover had not come home. He also would have to explain to Captain Stethem-Miller also for the very same reason.


Manual did know how he could tell Seth's wife, and Nathaniel's also, why both were killed on the mission instead, all because of the explosion of Aquarius and miscalculation that had cost them both their lives. He let out a groan, as he stared at the paperwork given to him to by the Second in Command.


“Oh yea, I almost forgot about that.� Manual mused, “Jesus, what a meeting those will be too, emotional ones at that. There will probably be shouting, resentment, frustration, anger, and hatred. It will be all for nothing for something that happened on a mission that was against the odds anyway.�


The Sergeant Major suddenly wanted to open an airlock and blow him self out into space than have to bring such news to their wives. He knew there would be hell to pay and it would be in the form of two angry resentful young women.


The Sergeant Major shook his head in silence, groaning as he paused to take a sip from a flask at his belt, letting the Kentucky Bourbon sting his throat as it went down. The alcohol seemed to steady him, and it was a far better solution than Sane’s injected relaxants that had a tendency to upset his stomach. He managed his turn his head and scan the empty room before turning his attention back to the porthole. Here he managed to shake his head negatively, suddenly disgusted by the death and destruction around him.


“Hah shit.� The Sergeant Major muttered, as he stood angrily in frustration, grabbing his hat, and headed for the door of his quarters. As he stepped through them into the corridor, he turned to limp alone down the center of it, heading for the galley where he would get a cup of coffee. He stormed past and ignored many of the crew of the Destroyer, who greeted him warmly.


“Sergeant Major�!� A voice said sharply, and Manual startled, looked up from his pensive thoughts.


“Sir�!� He replied sharply, nodding his head. It was the Lieutenant, the second in command for this mission, who had been put in charge and sent to the Whirlwind with the men while the Major set off the EMP. He had his group, while the Major directly led the group with Sergeant Jeevers as his squad leader in two groups.


The Sergeant Major blearily stared at the pensive expression on his face and immediately sensed something was up.


“Just so you know, when we get back to Earth, there will be an inquiry by the council.� He told him, “Those assholes on the council want an explanation it seems for the loss of ships and personnel, even though we won the war.�


Here he paused, nodding to the Sergeant Major.


“Make sure you have your Class A uniform ready, put on your saddle and report to the sawdust ring. You, Jeevers, Kowalski and I are on the hot seat as is the Admiral who led the lead task force. It seems the families pushed their rights as next of kin and made it a very political battle at Headquarters to for the EDC to accept responsibility for the loss of those at Aquarius.� Kino told him, ”The Council is blaming the military for blatant incompetence and not doing our job, though we were engaged with overwhelming odds.�


“What? Why the hell are they putting us in the hot seat Lieutenant?� Manual asked, “We did the job. We had our hands full. There was nothing anyone could do any differently, on the ground and in space.�


“I know, but it seems they think it could have been done better and cleaner than it was. It is a political game now, son. They are looking for scapegoats, not heroes.� Kino replied, “I was just giving you a heads up, when we land at Earth in a few days. Things are going to seem chaotic. Just relax and give them a full statement of your report as you were there. In addition, be happy where they place you in the end for your contribution. You did good work Sergeant Major. You can fight with me anytime.�


“Aye…” Manual replied, “Thanks, Lieutenant.�


Manual grimaced as he watched the Lieutenant depart.


“As if my morale is not low enough already, it just got totally worse.� He muttered, “Great, just fucking great.�


“And the hits keep oooon coming.� The Sergeant Major murmured as he hobbled toward the galley, supported by a cane he held in one hand.


When he finally arrived, the galley was empty, save one other person who was in here. He immediately went to the dispensary and he took a cup, seeking out a strong cup of coffee to drink to stay focused, despite seventy hours of no sleep since pulling back from Aquarius. There was just too much on his mind to sleep now and too much paperwork that was now required from him to back up the statement of the Lieutenant to the council on Earth.


Manual, as he limped toward the large bay window, stood before it a moment later, and it is here that he gazed at the stars before taking a chair. (Which he turned and straddled in the same gesture like certain Commander from a distant TV Show called Star Trek the Next Generation.) The Sergeant Major took a determined sip of the rotgut coffee with a grimace, thankful for the stimulant as he let the stars sooth his troubled mind. He tried to consciously decipher what was going on and what they were about to go through back on Earth.


“Hell. It is not my fault for the Major, or possibly the Commander or the others dying. They did their duty as they saw fit and made a command decision where they saw to their teams first.� Manual muttered, “That’s the sign of a good officer. He saw to us first and took the responsibility for us than his own actions.�


Manual grimaced as he swigged another belt of the rotgut coffee, shaking his head.


“So why are the Lieutenant and I being made responsible for this and going to be screwed for what happened? That makes no sense. It is the military. People die� that is part of the job. There should be no place for politics here, not now, not ever, not for what we just went through. I can understand the grieving families, but to force the council and EDC to accept responsibility for winning a war� Ridiculous…”


Looking from side to side, Manual pulled out a flask, pouring a bit of the contents into the now empty coffee mug and took a hit of the Kentucky Bourbon that stung his throat as it went down hard. He took another sip of the liquid in his cup, turning his attention back toward the stars of space. A lot of images and thoughts whirled through his head as he sat there. Especially of Emily, Angie and the others who were still on Earth from the stasis team.


He shook his head, trying to clear the unwanted images of hell they had gone through.


“Excuse me, Sergeant Major?� A woman’s voice asked, and he turned to see Nova standing at the hatchway. She frowned at him as he took another shot from the cup, emptying the contents. The liquid burned his throat. He remained silent, meeting her gaze with a questioning expression.


“The Captain needs to see you on the bridge.� She said, and he nodded slightly, rising to his feet. Manual took out his flask and took a determined gulp from it. The young woman frowned seeing the flask. He let out a silent exhale of exasperation.


“Alright, let’s go Ms. Wildstar.� He replied, and hobbled toward her.


“Is that alcohol?� She demanded, “You know that’s against regulations.�


“Yea� it is, so sue me. Tell it to my draft board.� He replied sharply, “Because I don’t give a flying…”


Manual stopped cold, blearily staring at the startled young officer. He quickly realized that he had reared up and bit her head off. It was not her fault that the Major and the Clouds were destroyed. It was not her fault that the Commander lie in Sickbay, his life in the balance for taking responsibility for Corporeal Jones and the others on the transport, saving their lives. She had not had caused the inquiry coming up, or caused the many losses of manpower from the two task forces that took on the Cybertron as a diversion to make the drop onto the planet. He realized snapping at her was unnecessary at best and the Sergeant Major backtracked immediately.


“Sorry.� He murmured, and turned his attention back to the view port.


The young woman’s mouth had dropped open at the sharpness and insubordination in his tone. Nevertheless, she stepped up toward him, placing her hand on his shoulder.


“Steady, Sergeant Major.� She told him as the young Lieutenant shook her head in disgust, smelling the bourbon, “Believe me, I understand.�


Nova did understand why he was drinking. It was to forget. Yet, with all the bloodshed they had seen through the years among the Star Force, she wondered why they were not all addicted to alcohol to forget and had mental problems too because of that carnage.


“Come with me, now, please.� She said sharply, and motioned for him to follow her through the hatch.


“Where to� Lieutenant�?� He snarled, “Captain’s quarters for a Captain’s Mast?�


“No, being drunk I will ignore that, but you have a message at the Communications console on the bridge.� Lieutenant Wildstar stated sharply, “But we shall speak of this incident later, not for disciplinary action with the Captain. Talking helps and you always have a friendly ear who will listen.�


“The Lieutenant Commander will be alright. You’ll see.� Nova said, “He’s stable and getting stronger.� Nova smiled, seeing the Sergeant smile for the first time in a couple of days.


“Thanks, Miss Wildstar.� He murmured, and she smiled, nodding her head in acknowledgment.


Manual muttered under his breath, followed her to the hatch, stepping through it, and down the corridor toward the nearest lift that would take them to the bridge of the Space Destroyer. As they boarded the lift, he leaned partially against the wall. Nova glanced at him in silence.


“I would suggest you do not get too close to the Captain, and let him know you have been drinking.� Nova suggested, “It would smash your career with a court-martial on your record. He pretty much goes by regulations. I am willing to overlook it if you continue on coffee and get sober by twenty-three hundred hours. It is approximately twenty-one-twelve.�


“It doesn’t matter.� Manual said, “I have a right to get stinking drunk, after having to watch my comrades get chopped to pieces, and then my best friends killed by a miscalculation.


“Yes, but twenty stayed alive and countless others.� Nova replied tersely, “Or have you forgotten.�


“I have not forgotten, but I was charged to protecting the Major and the Commander.� Manual replied hotly, “Now I have to face emotional friends, spouses on Earth, to give them the effects, and explain to her what happened to Seth and Nathaniel after the mission ended. How they were destroyed by a miscalculation.


“I totally understand your pain, but for the moment, just trust me and take the call.� Nova said gently, seeing the pain in his eyes, an almost intense look there.


Nova was reminded of someone else, who had taken her advice and did his duty well. His intensity had been the same look as Mark Venture had done to get them off the Dinguil Mother-ship, sacrificing himself to die on the bridge, but saving them all. Nova grimaced at the thought. Manual nodded as he managed to step dexterously out onto it without staggering.


“Sergeant Major Perry, reporting, Sir.�


The Captain and the others stared at the rumpled uniform of the Sergeant Major, and the haggard look about him. They managed a grim glance between themselves. Kino and Jeevers were on hand as were a few of the wounded Marines, smiling as they greeted the Sergeant Major. They all looked haggard and tired too.


“Jesus, you look awful Sergeant Major.� Captain Yamazaki told him with a grimace, “You need to see Doctor Sane. You need to get some sleep.�


The comment made the Sergeant Major frown as he turned toward the communicator.


“I’ve heard that a lot lately out of the crew.� He said, “I will when the paperwork and other stuff is completed, sir. Count on it.�


“If you are having trouble sleeping, Doctor Sane can help you with a knock-out drop.� The Captain suggested and Manual merely nodded his head.


“Play the message, Homer.� The Captain ordered, and at the console, Homer hit the button.


“This is Ihsss� T’Larra of the Magellanic Clouds, We are inbound currently toward Earth, and will be arriving at eighteen hundred hours on the twenty-first at Pluto Station. We request a rescue ship to rendezvous and immediate transport to Earth for Major Aquilera who is in critical condition. The Clouds is outbound to jump coordinates 12, by 12, and 345� no later the twenty-fifth, to return to our own time. We are calculating that jump at this time...�


The message abruptly faced in a sea of static.


“Helm, Change course and inform Golden Eagle of the message, and the rendezvous request.� The Captain ordered, “And relay that to Earth.�


Manual was astonished. He gasped loudly.


"Son of a bitch� That bastard is alive!" He gasped, "Jesus!"


He let out a whoop, thankful that he would not have to tell Emily of his death, even though he was wounded, able to come home a hero like them all. He felt a tremendous weight lifted from him. The other Marines were just as surprised and they clustered around the Sergeant Major.


Homer busily coded and sent the message as the others cheered, glad for the fantastic news, despite the Major was in critical, but stable condition. On Earth, General Singleton read the dispatch personally, and he grinned solemnly.


“Major Aguilera is alive and on his way home.� The General boomed, “We need to have medical standing by on the airfield when the Furze lands. Relay and send dispatch for the Furze to head to Pluto Station, immediately...!�


“And God-speed Clouds...� He murmured to himself, sitting at his console.


“Yes sir!� The communications operator said, smiling broadly.


“Alright!� A voice said, as a cheer echoed through the headquarters. Mitty happily was at the window and peered upward into the blue sky.


“And god-speed Furze.� She murmured, hearing his words and nodded, her eyes wet with tears.


Meanwhile on board the Clouds, Major Aguilera lay in the sick bay, unconscious as he was prepared for transfer to the rescue ship that sped toward the edge of the Sol Galaxy and would wait for the Clouds to arrive. On the bridge, Ihsss commanded the ship, and the course was plotted to the jump point into the computer that would return them to the future.


The reptilian Captain was deep in thought as she sat in her chair, and contemplated a hair-brained idea that she was formulating. She was wondering if it would really make a difference for them to leave, and wondered what would happened if they just stayed in the present. They could hardly go home and catch up on their planets, most of them decimated by the Cybertron who had lost the Galactic war in the future. Ihsss and her daughter could hardly return to their home world, the same political conditions present on their planet still existed and her people were still in the middle of a civil war.


“There could be a lot of repercussions from our staying though, we could all return to our planets here, but it would overwrite history and our timelines of our existence.� She thought, and grimaced, weighing all the options.


“Excuse me, Captain. We are entering the Sol sector.� Veloxa reported, half turning as he managed a nod.


“We have company it seems.� Felonious said, as he placed his head into the viewer of the sensor module. The scanners hummed and echoed across the bridge.


“U.S.S. Furze is entering the sector.� Hi’Mthsss reported, “They are requesting to come along side, Captain. A destroyer is with them, covering them...�


In space, a large white ship, designed as a hospital carrier appeared in the background of space. It was very large, about six city blocks large as measured on Earth, and the lines were very sleek. A big Red Cross was painted on the side, near the forward section of the ship. Lights blinked, and the ship slowly wallowed toward them. It stopped along side and the only motion was a single ship that appeared from the airlock on the bottom aft section, rocketing and streaking out into space, turning toward them. Nearby a Destroyer, the S.S. Fuyuzuki hovered along side, the crew Ihsss knew that were no doubt at battle-stations, just in case of another attack by stray Cybertron.


“All stop, helm…” Ihsss ordered, “Open the airlock to allow their transport to land.�


The doors of the Hangar deck opened slowly, and the transport landed. On the hangar deck, Seth’s unconscious form that was placed in a cryogenic chamber, was wheeled down to the deck where it was placed inside the transport.


A medical team was on board as it stepped off the transport, and glanced at the clear cover of the cry tube from which Seth lie. He was battered, and bloody covered in dried blood from his recent stint from his injuries which Doctor Platt had saved his life. Doctor Renee Draconian managed a nod to the ship’s doctor Falora as the willowy surgeon handed her a disk.


“I did what I could for him, but I think he’s in better hands if he was taken back to Earth.� Falora said, and Renee nodded. The willowy doctor had handed her a disk that contained everything done to him and his complete work up of what was done to save his life.


“We’ll take it from here, and you have our thanks for looking after him.� She said, and saluted. He returned it smartly. Falora glided to the intercom as the airlock closed and depressurized, the transport exiting the hanger into the stars of space.


“Transfer complete.� He reported and closed the channel.


“Good luck and as they say on Earth, god speed Major.� Falora murmured, shaking his willowy head in silence.


On the bridge, Ihsss nodded to Veloxa.


“Hangar deck closed and pressurized.� Felonious reported. Ihsss noted that was her cue.


“Take us home Veloxa.� She said, “Warp now.�


“Use the Warp Engines, they are available now.� A voice said and everyone turned as Voloxa entered the bridge.


“I thought they were down.� Felonious said formally and moved to shake his hand warmly.


“I thought to relay the message personally.� Voloxa reported, meeting the toothy grin of Ihsss and nodded to his mate who sat as the helmsman.


The Furze powered up, and it sped off toward Earth, at maximum speed, loaded with the team on board that monitored Major Aguilera, keeping him in suspended animation until they could do surgery on the hospital ship that would return to Earth. Upon arrival, they would evaluate him, and finish the job, healing him of the damage that was inflicted upon his person.


“Alright, make the computations, and engage warp twenty five, ready for time warp computations.� Ihsss ordered, “Engineering, ready your engines. Engage the computer systems.�


On the bridge, there was a stream of busy activity on the bridge as the crew began to prepare the ship for the jump through space and time.


"Computers are engaged, we have targeted the time as twenty-six, fifty two, approximately a half hour from our departure from the first place.� Felonious said, “All systems ready.�


“Engineering to Bridge…” A voice said, Ihsss turned to the console when hearing Voloxa’s Assistant Engineer’s accented voice on the speakers.


“Bridge…” Ihsss replied, hitting the button.


“Full power is ready, Skipper.� He replied, “I don’t know how long we can give you the full power though.�


“Just do your best, Soyinka…” She replied, “Keep it coming as long as you can.�


With that, she closed the channel, turning to the Helm and Navigation consoles.


Voloxa nodded to Ihsss as he walked to the elevator.


“I’ll get back down there and make sure you have full power.� He told her and she smiled.


“All right, Thyrac, Plot course, head for the jump point and take us to our home time.� She said, “Veloxa, Engage engines for jump.�


On the bridge, there was a hum as the engines began power up the ship disappeared in warp drive, speeding on course for home.


Back on Earth however, Emily Montgomery-Aguilera, at this very moment, sat in her quarters alone as an incessant knocking and use off the buzzer echoed the room for several minutes. Someone was at the door, and desperately she tried to ignore it for several minutes as she had just staggered through it herself, after three days being AWOL. She is in trouble right now, ignoring her limited duty assignment at headquarters assigned to her, having gone absent without leave with no authorization. Right now, she really did not give a damn.


As she stood there, she held the bottle, taking hits from it, thoroughly intoxicated from the Sake she drank from it. She wanted to die right now, drinking since she had received the transmission from Headquarters that Seth had been killed in action and the ship from the future with all hands had been lost. She was numb right now from the pain of the death around her, but not the anguish of remembering those deaths. Death was all around her, having seen much of that two hundred years prior as they were placed in stasis. Emily had no idea the report had been premature and the Clouds sent the fleet a message telling of their survival, bringing him home to her.


They had seen a lot of time as friends, having spent stasis together, both witnesses to the carnage that happened when a bomb detonated in the chamber after her team had been put in stasis. It had erupted in a massive explosion, fire, smoke, and shrapnel ripping through the chamber as it killed everyone in the area, covering the chambers around them in grizzle and blood. Emily and the others had just been placed in stasis, a few moments before the bomb had detonated, and as they watched in utter horror, at the carnage outside, both realizing as the chamber was being torn apart.


As they drifted off into a nightmare driven sleep, which they both would not wake up for the next two hundred years, dreams and images of the horror show they had seen before them firmly burned into their mind making for a disturbed sleep. She still had nightmares of that night, that plagued her, making it hard to sleep without the images haunting her memory.


“Death seems to be nothing new for us.� She thought, “You’re dead, and I am alone, that’s a fact. I really do not want to live without you. There is just one way out.�


She turned blearily to the door, placing her Astro-automatic on the table next to the console. A grim reminder what she was about to do and what was about to happen. She thought the same as Seth, unable to stand to live without him and planning to end her life. The young woman thought she had nothing left, and hoped she would be forgiven for her deed at her destination, where everyone went after they died, standing before the one true living God. She hoped he would understand her reasoning and decision, meeting Seth there to hold him tightly together forever.


“Right now I just want to be numb and unconscious.� The youthful Lieutenant of the past thought to herself, “… and left alone.�


The buzzer sounded again a pounding on the metal door.


“And who the fuck is at the door?� The last part of it she had yelled, turning to the console and slammed her hand on the metal tabletop.


Outside she could hear the insistent voices of her friends who had been rejoined with her after the long period of stasis in which they had been thrown out of time and space, literally. A knock sounded again on the door, if not an incessant pounding on the hatchway to her and Lieutenant Watson’s quarters. The brunette woman, their friend managed a grimace at the sound.


“Emily! Open the damn door!� A voice said, “We know you are in there, damn it!�


The young woman recognized the voice, as Melinda, and grimaced angrily as she staggered to her feet, blearily wobbling to the controls on the console that opened the door. Here she reached for the pistol on the table, taking aim at the door as she hit the control. She suddenly felt strangely, as the alcohol caught up with her, and her hand began to shake as she took aim at herself as her friends rushed in and saw her.


“Em�! Hell no�!� Melinda shouted, as they rushed toward her. The young woman’s hand shook as a single shot echoed in the room and the blackness of unconsciousness filled around her. Everyone dodged, and Ms. Montgomery-Aguilera crumpled to the deck, as her Astro-automatic fell with a thud to the floor.


“What the hell?� The dark skinned young woman breathed, as she moved to her friend’s side, kicking the pistol away.


”It is okay, she unconscious, but now disarmed.� She told her friends who clustered around Melinda and their friend. Kneeling, the dark skinned young woman began examining her for any wounds. She found the gunshot to the left shoulder, and blood seeping from it. She ripped the uniform tunic, exposing the wound, and putting pressure against it with a piece of the tunic of her uniform. She placed a hand on her chest, and felt the strong heartbeat there.


“Jesus, she’s been hit in the shoulder near the neck!� Melinda shouted in alarm, “She might have broken her collar bone.... Denise, you and the others check the bathroom for smelling salts and the other rooms to see if anyone else is here. Amy, call security, let them know we have located Lieutenant Montgomery-Aguilera and get the medics over here stat. Also, someone find a first aid kit!�


“Aye…” Amy replied, as she ran to the nearby communicator. She contacted the hospital and Doctor Phillips after calling the medics who were on their way after disconnecting. Meanwhile, Melinda held Emily in her arms, holding pressure on the shoulder wound. Luckily, Emily’s hand had been shaking from the overload of alcohol and had not hit anything vital except her shoulder when she pulled the trigger, trying to take her own life. Her hands had been shaking bad enough to keep her from her original aim of her heart in the dead center of her chest.


“No-one else is here.� Lieutenant Watson reported, as Amanda joined them. Denise handed Melinda a bottle of smelling salts. Amy brought the medical kit, while the others brought kerchiefs, antiseptic and rubbing alcohol.


“Great idea, Denise�!� Melinda said, “Maybe we can figure out what the hell is going on.�


“Yea…”


“Someone guard that damn door.� Melinda said, nodding to Amanda who had took her post, pistol drawn. Angie walked toward the door, and smiled at her, returning a warm hug by the young red-haired Warrant Officer. Angie noted the young woman had her pistol drawn. The trio, kneeling about Emily had looked up, seeing Angie in uniform, her face haggard. A look of surprise was on her face.


“What the fuck?� Angie gasped, bolting further into the room. She had come over to visit Denise and Emily and had no idea this was happening.


Amy, Amanda, even Denise hugged her when they saw her. Melinda smiled at Angie, but the young Captain realized she could not embrace her, her blood-covered hands holding a piece of fabric on the shoulder of their friend.


“Emily tried to kill herself.� Amy told her and Angie gasped, raising her hand to glance at the dispatch that she held in her hand.


“Jesus Christ.� Captain Stethem-Miller said quietly, “Why the hell did she do that for?�


The young woman paused, putting her hand on a nearby door jam, suddenly out of breath.


“Hey. You okay?� Melinda asked, seeing the exhausted look on her face, having not slept for two days, having cried, sobbed in their quarters, assuming Nathaniel was gone aboard the U.S.S. Whirlwind. She did not tell him he was going to be a dad, times two, and Headquarters not following up on condition, to only assume he was deceased like the other Marines lost at Aquarius.


“All things considered, yea.� Angie replied, her voice soft, subdued, as she walked toward them. Amy embraced her and held her for a long time before drawing back to meet the grimace on her face. The young woman shook her head.


“You’ll be alright. He made it� I know he did� Amy said, embracing Angie again. “You have us, if you need us, if he did not. No one has said anything to the contrary if he did or not right..?�


“I know.� Angie said, “With thanks and no, no word yet. I still cannot believe it. I have not slept in two days and I have not stopped crying. I keep expecting him to enter our quarters every day. We all have assumed the worst.�


Angie turned, fighting the sting of the tears that welled from her eyes. She shook her head, wiping her eyes with her sleeve.


“Amanda, how bout the door�?� Melinda suggested.


The red-haired young woman nodded, taking position near the entrance,


“Until the medics and the doctor gets here.� Angie added, and nodded.


“I’m on it.� Amanda replied sharply and stood there watching, her pistol still drawn, watching the hallway outside.


Meanwhile, as Emily lie on the floor, wounded, her blood seeped into the rug, the strong smell of alcohol reeked from her breath, body and clothes. Melinda grimaced at the sight of the blood, as did everyone else. They had not expected her to try shooting herself, or try killing herself. They understood why she did it, and her reasoning behind the attempt. Now they were looking after her, laying in a nightmare they only suspected might happen.


“Jesus, is she alright?� The question came from Amanda who looked on in question, like the others. Melinda and Angie worked on her, feverishly trying to examine and find out how badly she was actually hurt. All were concerned for the young woman, their friend, who lay wounded on the floor.


“Come on, wake up Em! I need to talk to you and you need to be coherent.� Angie exclaimed, slapping her face gently on the cheek. A moment later, they waved smelling salts under her nose and Emily’s eyes flew open abruptly.


“Get that shit outta my face.� She slurred, cursing under her breath.


Relieved chatter rounded the room as Lieutenant Montgomery-Aguilera lay on the floor, staring up at the ceiling only for a brief moment before trying to get up. The young woman lifted her hand, feeling the bottle in it, and she grimaced, sitting up trying to take a determined swig, only to find it empty. The contents had sloshed out onto the floor, mixing with her blood that now covered the shag carpeting. They pushed her back and put a hand on her chest to keep her in a lying position.


“Hey, why are you holding me down on to the fl…” Emily slurred, as she placed a free hand on the wound on her shoulder. Feeling the wet, she pulled it back, blearily staring at the blood there. She gasped.


“Emily lay still.� Melinda told her sharply, putting a hand on her chest, “You’ve been shot.�


Lieutenant Montgomery-Aguilera, turned her head staring at Melinda at the others as she struggled, making her wound bleed more. After a moment, she grimaced, finally feeling the pain in her shoulder, and placed a hand on it. They put her arm on the floor.


“Stop Emily, you must not move.� Angie instructed, “You'll bleed more.�


Miss Montgomery-Aguilera peered at them blearily, giggling quietly.


“Melwinda…Ang-Hic-ie...� She slurred, “H-how’s it g-going? How’s about a b-e—elt�?� Here she burped and she giggled then began to cry.


“Oh my god, she’s drunk off her ass.� Angie observed, “Thank god for that. She is at least relaxed and not feeling too much pain. I can bet its execrating.�


Amy glanced at her before turning to peer at two burly men who appeared at the door, one carrying a box and the other a stretcher. Both of them had the Red Cross band on their sleeves. They were followed by two more men who took up positions outside followed by a third.


The third man at the door flashed an ID.


“Colonel Douglas Reynolds, EDC Security.� He told Amanda and she saluted, stepping aside to allow him to enter, “I understand you have located Lieutenant Montgomery-Aguilera?�


“We have sir.� She replied, “But there has been a complication, that she tried to take her life tonight.�


“Oh my god…” He whispered, as he stepped further into the room seeing the pool of blood on the floor and the splatters on the wall. Reynolds stared at the prone figure of Emily still lying on the floor with the EMTS working over her body and his eyes caught the ricochet of the small arms fire from her Astro-automatic where it struck the wall.


“Sweet Jesus…” Colonel Reynolds murmured, as he moved toward the two EMTS being assisted by Melinda and Denise. He grimaced seeing Emily laying there, awake, and blood covering her as they patched up the wound in her shoulder and neck. They were trying to control the excessive bleeding that poured from the wound on both sides.


“Hold up, her Collar bone is fractured.� The one EMT exclaimed, and they immediately immobilized her arm.


A grimace by Angie and Melinda appeared on their faces, they had been absolutely right by the assessment.


“Jesus...� Melinda murmured to her former classmate, “Can anything get worse?�


Here Miss Stethem-Miller shrugged her shoulders.


“Will she survive?� The Colonel asked, and an EMT looked up from his work, glancing down at the young woman before nodding.


“She should, but that is unknown at the moment, she took a pretty good hit sir. She’s lost a lot of blood.� He replied, “We’ll have her out of her and at Central Hospital in a few minutes.�


“Carry on.� He said, and the EMTs nodded.


Meanwhile, Commander Mitty Mc Donald, the General’s aide walked down the hall toward Denise and Emily’s quarters. As she walked in their quarters, she started at the two security men posted outside her door. Muttering a curse the young woman ran toward the door, and proceeded to be blocked by the security men. She had received the report by Amy of Emily's whereabouts and had come seeking an answer why and where she had been for three days before taking her to stand before General Singleton's inquiry.


“Sorry Commander, this is a crime scene.�


“What do you mean a crime scene?� She said, flashing her ID.


“Lieutenant Aguilera and Watson lives at this address and Miss Montgomery- Aguilera tried to commit suicide here tonight.� The guard said, “The block is on lock-down.�


“I don’t care if the block is on full red alert and there is a battle out here, outside her door. I want in her quarters.� Mitty replied gruffly, “I carry the authority of the General Staff…”


“Guards, Pass her on authority alpha.� A voice said, “My responsibility but no one else except Doctor Phillips and Nurse Proficient.�


Mitty glanced at the door at the figure of the Colonel who had stood inside the door, hearing the exchange and had briefly stepped toward it.


As she entered, her eyes trailed around the inside of hell, at the quarters that belonged to Lieutenants Watson and Montgomery-Aguilera. Blood splattered the walls, a ricochet mark of the discharge from her pistol still on the wall and a hole was there where the bolt had struck after it had went through Emily’s body. A pool of blood was visible on the carpeted floor, under the prone figure of the young woman who lay calmly on the carpet as two EMTS worked over her body. Her head turned to the galley where Amy made coffee, while Denise and Melinda assisted the EMTS; Amanda helped Amy by relaying the platter of coffee to Emily.


“What the hell happened here?� Mitty gasped, and she felt cold fear instead of anger. She found herself eager to find out what was happening. Emily, as she lay there, groaned as she was restrained by Melinda and Denise, intermittently giggling and sobbing with each tries by the EMTS to patch her wound.


“I-is this how ya get a drink around here?� Emily slurred, and they shook their heads.


“Be quiet Emily, and hold still.� Melinda warned, pushing her back onto the floor.


Angie talked quietly with Colonel Reynolds as he questioned her on what happened here tonight. Denise glanced at the dynamic aide of the General and grimaced, seeing her questioning look.


“Emily is drunk, Commander.� Denise said, “We’re trying to sober her up. Doctor Phillips and Nurse Proficient are on their way here. The EMTS here are doing their best to patch her up just a little bit but she's so drunk that she's incoherent.�


“I can see that, as well as the two security personnel outside the door.� Mitty told the group, and there was a grimace.


“Where the hell did you find her?� Mitty asked, “Or do I want to know.�


“No, we found her here, clearly intoxicated, on the floor passed out when we came over here. She was about to commit suicide, she had a pistol.� Melinda replied with a nod.


“Dear Lord.� Mitty muttered, and walked toward them to kneel beside Emily.


“You'll be alright.� She coached and tapped her gently on the chest. The Commander stood and turned to the others.


“Besides finding here, drunk and suicidal, what else did you find per your orders?�


The four had been tracking Emily per orders for the last three days. They had followed her, this far and found her in Denise and her quarters.


“We tracked her to here, and she was not in a good state.� Melinda indicated, “She was drinking pretty hard in the bar, and really snapping at other people when they tried to stop her.�


“Jesus...� Mitty said, and glanced at Angie who still held the dispatch.


“Did you give her the dispatch?� Mitty asked and Captain Stethem-Miller shook her head.


“She is too intoxicated to take in the information and incoherent.� She replied, grimacing at the bloody mess on the floor, turning to fight her nausea she felt.


“Well if you don't know... the Major and the ship are alive and well, and the Clouds has dropped Seth’s unconscious form onto the rescue ship Furze, who is inbound for Earth and should be here in a short time.� Mitty began and all hands gasped loudly, as it echoed the room.


“H-he's Alive!� They all asked, and Commander McDonald nodded her head with a large smile on her face.


“We were just as relieved to hear it.� Mitty said, “They were thrown clear of the blast and were en route to the fleet when they sent the message, which the Whirlwind received and forwarded it to Earth Headquarters.�

She paused, seeing the astonished expressions on everyone's faces, including the EMTS,, the Colonel, and the security troopers that guarded the door. Mitty chuckled as a yelp echoed the room and they clustered around the Aide, peering and reading the dispatch that completely had blown them away. Inside they were so glad to know their friend was alive.


“They posted the wrong conclusion about Seth’s condition at first, not knowing the full details of the Cloud's condition.�


Angie had a look of pain on her face and Mitty nodded to her. “There is still no word from the Whirlwind about your husband's condition when he came aboard with the marines, other than he was seriously injured, or details of what happened. They took him aboard with the other Marines and did not indicate if he died from his wounds or not.�


The young Captain smiled quietly, a look of hope appearing on her face, nodding warmly to the Commander who had shown her a lot since their coming home from the Dinguil War. She had a lot to tell them and her husband too, not leading on that she was going to have Nathaniel's child. She shook her head to clear the thoughts and focused on Mitty who was still speaking, and had not noticed Angie had faded out a bit from the information she was telling her.


�...If he didn't make it, we’ll give him a proper burial at the memorial. I am very sorry Angie. I know you both were just married before the mission. I can understand your pain and worry. Just have faith.�


The Commander turned her head to the Doctor and his mechanical nurse beside him who stood in the doorway. Mitty smiled at Doctor Jeremiah Phillips and Nurse Perfection, who also worked with Doctor Sane in his Earth bound office.


“Come on in Doc.�


“I hear you have a bit of a drunk� officer.� He said with an amused tone, “And a gunshot wound?�


“So drunk she was trying to shoot herself and passed out just before squeezing the trigger.� Melinda said looking disapprovingly at Emily who still lay on the floor.


Phillips pulled off the bandage and saw the gunshot wound to her shoulder. He gritted his teeth. It leaked and oozed blood, a mottled purple and black color from cauterization around the edges. The EMT filled him in of their findings and what the already did.


“Dear god.� Amy muttered, and held Emily firmly, who gasped, screaming, as a rip of pain lanced through her shoulder and arm.


“Don’t worry.� Phillips said with a smile. “It was a clean strike, there is no shell lodged in it. The bolt made a clean semi-cauterized wound as it went all the way through. She'll have her arm and shoulder in a cast for a while... Otherwise for the wound itself, we can suture it shut and it should heal itself. We have to transport her to the hospital. We have to get this seeping stopped more or at least controlled.�


He injected a pain killer her in the arm, which made her relax and stop screaming in agony. She whimpered as he began to work.


“Thanks doc.� Mitty said, smiling.


Doctor Phillips motioned to the nurse for a sterilizer and she handed it to him. There was a low hum as he placed it over the wound.


“We have to stabilize her and stop this bleeding Nurse, before she can be escorted to the hospital and take care of her arm.� The Doctor said, “Laser suture applicator.�


The nurse placed it in his hand. There was another hum as the wound was sutured shut, making for a thin line across where the wound had been.


“Can I ask what and the hell is she drinking like this for anyway?� Mitty asked, and most of them shook their heads or shrugged, except for Emily who grimaced silently at the tingle of the wound being sutured up. .


“I think it was because of the initial dispatch declaring Major Aguilera dead at first.� Angie said, “It surely affected all of us when we learned of it. This makes up for that stunning news, her trying to rub herself out....�


“Oh Jesus…”


�...After I get done, we’ll work on the alcohol drunkenness. I brought B-Twelve with me and a couple of anti-hangover remedies to help too.� Phillips said, “We need her coherent, without issues, to explain herself.�


“Agreed Doctor…” Colonel Reynolds said, as he took a determined sip of the coffee brought to him by Amy.


Doc Phillips walked toward Emily who was now seated upright in a chair and who was drinking black coffee, her arm in a sling to keep her shoulder still. He pulled out his kit and he withdrew an injector. Phillips rolled back her sleeve and put the injector to her skin. He pushed it and it made a hiss as it injected the chemicals into her body.


“Ow. What’s that?� She complained, flinching at the injection on her skin.


“It is just a little B-twelve, to counteract the alcohol.� Phillips said, with a smile. They poured her another cup of coffee.


“I don’t want another cup of this stuff.� Emily complained and yet her friends shook their heads. They handed her another cup and they forced her to drink. The new dispatch lie discarded on the table near her cup.


As Emily drank cup after cup of coffee the others stood around the living room and shot the bull. They could not believe the message they had received from the Furze who was approaching Earth and preparing to land at Central Headquarters. The Whirlwind was detached also from Task Force Five and was sent directly to Earth also.


An hour elapsed and after several trips to the head, Emily returned to drink some more. Phillips handed her some tablets, which she took with a questioning frown. She started to show signs of sobering, starting with twinge in her head and the pain in her shoulder. She glanced down at the sling and the bandage on her shoulder. Emily had grimaced when she took the tablets with her other hand.


“What’s this doc?� She asked, blearily and he shook his head.


“It’s Aspirin.� He told her with a chuckle, “For when your hangover starts. I didn’t say you weren’t going to have one.�


“Oh.� Emily said sarcastically, “Is that what it is?�


She felt the pain starting in her head, however, starting at the temples. Her eyes fell upon the Angie who had a dispatch in her hand.


"You really need to look at this." She said and placed it in her hand as the others looked over at her.


“Are you feeling better?� Melinda asked and the young brunette-haired woman merely groaned as she met the smile of her friend.


“You should have left me alone.�


“Sorry, we can’t do that.� Angie replied, “Not for a friend who needs us.�


“That’s not going to help her for her going AWOL for three days.� The Colonel said, shaking her head, “Might as get a crack lawyer though and make a fight of it. You were out of your head. I think you can prove emotionally instability and stress. They should have confirmed at Headquarters before sending that dispatch to next of kin about a *KIA.�

(Author's Note: KIA = Killed in Action )

Emily held the dispatch and glanced at the others who were beaming with delight, trying to not crack a smile, knowing what was in it. Mitty was grinning too as Emily began to read, almost dropping her coffee cup, as she fell back into her chair. She let out an excited gasp.


“Seth is alive? How can� Where is� He’s alive! I don’t believe it! That son of a bitch!� She shouted in astonishment, a huge smile appeared on her face, practically ear to ear. Her mind began to whirl as she read further, indicating he was wounded.


Emily had gasped louder reading that he was wounded.


That did not matter to the young woman, however, he would be home, alive and would be spending, a few months healing from his wounds with him. She would be with him, holding him tightly as she would tend to his needs.


A few minutes she was led out to the ambulance and taken the Hospital for a complete check of her wound to the shoulder. She did stand before the General, and was only confined to quarters, indicating he was letting her off, because of the miscommunication that had obviously spurred her irrational action in the first place.


General Singleton had put her on leave to tend to her husband who would arrive in a few days. Emily was flattered by the best wishes of the EDC staff.


When the Furze landed at Central Hospital, Seth was wheeled in, still in suspended animation and taken right to the examination room. Emily was at his side, until they wheeled him into surgery to fix his back, repairing the damage inflicted from the explosion and shrapnel that threw him into the Cloud's bulkhead. Mitty and General Singleton, along with the stasis crew were on hand, watching and waiting for any news of the surgery outcome. They all let out an exasperated breath when Doc Phillips put up a thumbs up, indicating he was going to be alright. He was taken to a room, and Emily sat watching, as he was on oxygen and monitored carefully by the nurses of the ward.


A few days later the Whirlwind returned and the wounded Marines were brought to the Hospital and a crowd stood on hand, greeting them warmly as they arrived from the docks where the ship had been moored at port. Shrouded stretchers arrived first, disembarked, and put in a van for the ones who were killed on Aquarius and the other bodies from the ships and planes lost in the battle. The crowd was silent, seeing the bodies, draped in the EDC flag as they were carried to the waiting vehicles that would take them to the hospital for identification and release to the families.


Angie stood at the docks as the bodies were loaded, and the stasis crew was on hand, greeting the Yamato crew who disembarked, following them to the hospital to see to the wounded that had been on board the ship during the heat of battle. Nathaniel had been the first off, but his body was shrouded with a flag of the EDC over it by an inexperienced Sergeant who was categorizing the wounded and killed soldiers. In the morgue they had found he was actually living when he groaned loudly as they put him on the table to do an autopsy, alerting the EMT's and doctors who came running that he was definitely alive.


They transported him upstairs to a surgery theater to save his life.


Angie, a few hours later stood outside the morgue as she waited for the officer in charge to return. As she turned, a youthful officer named Skip Wilson nodded a greeting to the young Captain.


“Greetings Captain. How can I help you?�


“I’m here to identify and claim a body if it came in.� She said, “From the Whirlwind.�


“Ah.� He said, and he opened the door allowing her to enter. She moved to the freezer units, and examined each one, seeing the pale faces of the dead as they lay on the slab, victims of the dreads of war. A few of them were unrecognizable, their remains charred from the explosions in space. She read each tag, that matched the remains, only to discover that her husband was not among the dead who had been recovered from the battle-zone. The miscommunication and miscommunication had not been reported to the hospital.


Angie demanded that her husband's body be found at once.


Later, as she, Denise, Melinda, and Amy stood in the room, with Emily, they watched the immobile form of Seth who is in the room. He was still on oxygen as he was placed there, everyone waiting and watching, hoping that he would soon awake.


Sergeant Major Perry entered the room silently, coming from his room where he was recovering from his wounds at Central Hospital after their mission to Aquarius. Angie had gasped, seeing Manual, carrying the box of effects from Nathaniel, who had mistakenly classified as deceased, and embraced him warmly. She accepted the box, looking down at it as Melinda, Amy, and Denise looked on in stunned silence.


“Oh my god, it’s true!� Amy gasped, tears welling from her eyes, making her wipe them on her sleeve as the trio began weeping. Angie stood in silence, smiling at the Sergeant Major, putting her hand on his shoulder. She met his grimace and pained look with warm nod.


“Thank you Sergeant Major.� She told him, and he held Angie warmly, as she began sobbing into his shoulder.


“I'm sorry Captain.� He told her, and he just held her, unable to say any more at that very moment. He did not know what more he could say, that it would not even quell the pain that she was feeling right now.


“I had a lot to tell him.� Angie said, “I guess single-motherhood becomes me now.�


A gasp by the stasis crew, especially Emily echoed through the room. Everyone present had turned in silence.


“W-what?� Emily stammered�


“Nathaniel was going to be a father.� Angie said, “We had a fling not long ago, and I-I am� uh� pregnant.�


“Holy shit�!� Denise gasped, bolting to Angie, embracing her warmly.


“Hey! Hey!� Amy said, as a cheer echoed the room.


“Far out�!� Melinda said, as she embraced Angie.


Emily yelped and hugged Angie tightly, holding her friend warmly.


“Oh my god�!� Emily gasped, stunned by the news.


“Jesus, what a ending...� Denise murmured, their stunned silence the only congratulations given to the young Captain.


Amanda had been out of the room when she heard the commotion, and as she ran toward the room, she entered, frowning as she recognized Manual who stood with Jeevers and Kino who had joined him. She embraced her lover warmly as she kissed him, holding him tightly before breaking to glance at the unconscious form of Seth in the bed.


“Jesus, how is he?� Amanda asked and frowned at the pale face of their friend.


“Still is unconscious in a coma.� Emily said uncertainly, “The Doctors did surgery on his back and he should be fine, but he has not had any signs of awakening yet.


“I trust Doctor Phillip’s work, Seth should be fine.� The voice of Commander Mc Donald said solemnly, as she entered the room. She embraced Emily and then turned to hug Angie warmly.


“I'm sorry Angie, still no sign of what happened to your husband's body...� Mitty said, and the young woman nodded her thanks to the aide.


Doctor Sane entered the room, with Derick and Nova Wildstar shortly after. He examined Seth carefully, checking the stitches and the delicate needlework that was used to patch up the Major. Doctor Phillips filled him in on the job and he nodded silently. Phillips had refrained from using the laser suture unit, and did it the old-fashioned way. It would leave a scar, but it had been too delicate for the laser device.


Emily watched all night, for a time, until she fell asleep. Most of the crew was off for the moment, as hearings by the Council were underway and everyone in the Task Forces, and even the Marine team leaders were in the hot seat. They had to justify their actions, because of a lawsuit for misconduct of the armed forces by the families of those killed during the mission to Aquarius, also having to justify the losses of a few pilots, planes, and ships during the battle where all hands had been lost. .


The Sergeant Major, Lieutenant all stood on the stand, one by one, giving the report, being grilled by a crack lawyer and questioned thoroughly by the council.


Two weeks they deliberated, and the Council had returned the verdict that there was no other way to perform the battle, and had deemed the Commanders and the Marine crews clear of the charges of misconduct during the battle. That was a relief for everyone involved but still everyone wondered about their friend/commander who lay in the hospital.


Five weeks elapsed, and Emily was awakened by a groan by Seth, having spent every waking moment at the hospital between her duties. Immediately she shook off the sleepiness, jumping to her feet, and immediately was over in a flash to the bedside as Seth shook his head, slowly opening his eyes. Emily’s eyes filled with tears as she stood there and as Seth focused on the room, then focused on the familiar face of his wife who stood before him.


“Seth?� She gasped, whimpering and fighting back the tears of emotion she felt to see her husband alive and well after having been wounded in battle on Aquarius, then in space trying to get to safety before blowing the water planet. Emily did not know he had tried to take his own life on the Clouds, temporarily paralyzed or his reasons why. Seth’s eyes focused on her and he grimaced, as she took up his hands.


“It’s me, Emily. Are you awake yet? Do you know where you are and who I am?�


“Emily Aguilera.� He said slowly, “Lieutenant, EDC and my wife. I must be dreaming, I think I am home on Earth at Federal Hospital.� He murmured, as he closed his eyes briefly.


“Yes, you are my love. You are home on Earth and in the hospital.�


He managed to move his legs, stirring slightly, despite the brace to keep him immobile. He managed a nod as he smiled at her. The young woman hugged him warmly, and bawled into his gown, pausing to kiss him many times, so glad to see him in one piece, her love home at last.


“I thought it was a dream, I couldn’t move and I was injured in my back.� He murmured, but suddenly felt the pressure of the brace against it. It reminded him immediately where he was and what had happened.


“Holy shit, it wasn’t a dream!� He said, and he glanced at his wife.


“Doctor Phillips worked on you when you got back and fixed the damage, but you are still pretty weak.� Emily explained, “It’s been five weeks since you arrived here, you were in really bad shape.�


“I remember the ship, and the explosion...� He muttered, and she nodded. Seth kept his mouth shut, however, living with his own nightmare that he had been weak and tried to take himself out of the equation. He did not want to burden his wife, but he then realized how wrong he was, remembering the vows, for better or worse, sickness and health, till death do we part. He grimaced, ashamed for his rash action and weakness.


She began to weep again as he embraced her and just held her against her for a long time. Their moment was interrupted by orderlies, as they wheeled in another bed into the two-person room.


“Great it looks like you have a roommate.� Emily snarled, as she just stayed close to her husband, holding him warmly. She kissed him on the lips, and both had been peering lovingly at each other. They had not paid much attention to the second person as the nurses had already closed the curtain.


Angie, Denise, Melinda, and Amy, followed by the Yamato crew who held flowers for Seth and they entered the room, a day or so later, greeting him warmly, glad to see he was awake after after five weeks. They clustered around his bed as cheers of mirth and conversation of welcome echoed the room. Seth still partially out of it lapsed in and out of sleep as the meds caught up with him. However, everyone was happy he was alive.


Hours later, they turned as newly married, Mister and Missus, Manual and Amanda Perry entered the room. As the newlywed couple joined Angie and Emily at the bed, with the others, they were grinning, literally, 'ear to ear' as they stood watching Seth turn his head to grimace. Both held up their hands, revealing the rings they wore, marking them as a married couple.


“You guys did it?� Melinda gasped, seeing the rings and the couple nodded.


“Oh my gosh! Congratulations!�


She let out a squeal of delight as she embraced the couple, followed by the Yamato crew who had been on hand, in and out in spurts, between their assigned duties like the stasis crew.


“Yea congrats you guys and about time.� Amy said, embracing Amanda.


“Alright�!� Denise said, hugging the couple warmly.


Emily smiled and she laughed, as chatter rounded the room. Sane and Nova were surprised by the news, as was the Star Force crew who had come to lend moral support for Seth who lay healing in the hospital. There was banter, laughter and mirth as twenty people practically camped out in his room. Seth was glad to have the company in between duty of his friends who had been at his side the entire time.


He and Emily chatted quietly in the room when they were alone, catching up on their relationship that was beginning for them as a married couple. They embraced, kissing passionately glad to be in each other’s arms after a hell bent mission against the impossible. A mission they had beat the odds and won. However it would not have been possible, thanks to a certain Major from the future who sacrificed an entire timeline to bring him back from the dead, restoring time to what it was before the interference by the Cybertron.


“We're going to have to tell Angie about Nathaniel.� Seth whispered, “She said no heroics, but without him, and his risk to himself, we would not have recovered many of the crew, and protected all of us to survive without his quick thinking.�


Emily nodded, and smiled, kissing him.


“Damn, I love you Emily, my wife.� Seth said, “My reason for living. I don’t know what I would do if I lost you again, I thought I had lost you when I was injured, but so glad to be home and in your arms my love... Makes you realize how short life really is.�


The Major held her in his arms and she smiled, silently nodding in return.


“I love you too, my husband.� She said, returning the embrace, and they stayed together, both never wanting to let each other go. It is a perfect beginning for the new marriage between the couple. It is also a new life ahead for the couple, the world, perhaps the universe, now at peace.


Emily and Seth peered lovingly at each other, ready for their life together with each other in a new century that they now called home. Again, they both were scared too for the usual jitters of being newlyweds. They talked quietly for many hours. Every day after her duty, Emily came to visit Seth in the hospital.


A few weeks or so elapsed, and the couple sat in the room. Together they turned, when they heard a groan behind them. Emily stood up, glancing at Seth who was frowning. Pulling back the curtain, she only glanced at the grizzled face of the Lieutenant Commander.


“Welcome back.� Emily said, “Do you need a…”


She had been walking toward a wall intercom and had stopped, snapping her head toward the figure in the bed, damn near coming off. She peered astonished at the grizzled face of the Lieutenant Commander who was mostly made up wires, tubes, and monitors. Emily screamed in astonishment as she lunged to embrace Nathaniel warmly, despite the tubes and wires. She kissed him passionately on the cheek, holding him. Tears filled her eyes as she held him, hugging him tightly and kissed him on his lips, despite the tube that was helping him breathe.


“Oh my god... Oh my god... OH MY GOD...!� She stammered, “Seth! Look! It’s Nathaniel!�


She had shouted in glee, and Seth managed to sit up, grimacing at the dried blood-covered, patched face that now lay before her.


“You’re kidding!� Seth shouted, and he shook his head, seeing his friend lying across from him.


“We thought we lost you!� She shouted, holding him excitedly. The young woman saw him smile at her weakly.


She held the officer warmly, weeping in astonishment and relief. It had been hard to go to the funerals after the ships had come home, delivering the bodies of those fallen to Earth for burial. One had been a closed casket and everyone assumed it was the Lieutenant Commander.


Seth swung his legs over to a sitting position, wincing in pain, as he stood up on his feet, and with a cane, staggered over toward the bed. Emily ran to the communicator, hitting the button excitedly.


“This is Lieutenant Montgomery-Aguilera in room five ten. The patient you put in here is awake!�


She rushed to stand beside the bed, Seth joining her, clad with a cane and a robe. Both were smiling as he held her with an arm around his wife. Nurses and the doctor ran in a moment later, as they worked around him quickly.


The grizzled officer opened his eye, having closed it in a lapsed sleep from the medication at first. His eye focused on the familiar face of Emily Montgomery-Aguilera and Seth who stood nearby. As he lay there, he bounced in and out of consciousness, as nurses appeared beside him and Doctor Sane stood over him too.


“Welcome back!� Sane said, “We thought we lost you, and it was touch and go there for a bit.�


Nathaniel grimaced as he nodded weakly.


“Don’t try to speak, you are on a respirator� We will take that out in a moment. Just stand by.� The Doctor nodded to the nurse and they removed the tube down his throat, making him cough, putting an oxygen mask in his nose.


“How do you feel?�


“W-where am I?� He asked weakly, “Central Hospital? How long�?�


“It’s been over a month since you finished the mission to Aquarius.� He said, “You were wounded. Do you remember that? It has been three weeks in ICU and a couple of weeks in a room.�


The officer nodded slightly, turning his head to peer and smile weakly at Emily and Seth who now sat next to him. The young wife of Seth still wept as she peered at him, glancing at the doctor.


“It’ll be okay.� Sane said, meeting the glance, nodding certainly, “He’s going to make it now.�


Seth and Emily both embraced their friend again, staring in wonder.


“Damn! Welcome back buddy!� Seth said, putting his hand on his chest, “I am really glad to see you. Get better all right�! Sleep� You need it.�


“Yea, sleep and relax, we’re right here.� Emily said, embracing Seth with an arm around him.


“He’s going to be alright.� Seth said, “He’s a tough bastard.�


“I know.� Emily replied, grinning at him and staring at their friend they thought they had lost.


They closed the curtain and waited for the others to arrive. Seth and Emily were all smiles as he was back in bed, and Emily sat in the room. The couple greeted Melinda, Amy, Denise, Amanda, Manual and even Angie who had tagged along at her request. They wanted to surprise Angie, the young wife of Nathaniel, who had been at the memorial as they buried the few Marines that had been brought home from Aquarius. She had knelt beside the closed casket, astonishment by all hands as they assumed it is their friend being laid to rest.


The group had not known, this is the body of Corporeal Jones who he had tried to save, but she ending up dying on board ship from the deadly crossfire.


Angie managed a sigh as she sat smiling at Seth, as they laughed, cried, and chattered with the other stasis members. Emily glanced at Angie, who was now showing, and she embraced her warmly.


“How you feeling�?�


“Just a few cramps…” Angie said, as she smiled and settled in a chair.


“Seth and I have a surprise for you.� Emily whispered, and Angie glanced at her, in complete surprise.


Seth’s young wife glanced at him, who nodded, making Angie turn and as she saw him nod. The others perked up to glance at Lieutenant Montgomery-Aguilera who stood over Angie, putting out her hand.


“What surprise, Emily?� Angie asked, as the young woman helped her stand. Melinda, Denise, Amy, Manual, Amanda all stood there, glancing at the two women.


“I have to show you.� Emily said, and she put her hand over Angie’s eyes after leading her to the nearby curtain. Miss Montgomery-Aguilera put her hand to her lips, signaling a smiling husband to be quiet as she guided her closer to the curtain.


“Come on, I am not in a good mood for games.� Captain Stethem-Miller complained but her friend was smiling as she stopped her in front of the curtain.


“Trust me, Angie...� Emily said, as she pulled it aside, uncovering her eyes to point at the bed where the Commander, the monitors removed and most of the tubes, lay asleep on the bed.


“What’s going on Seth?� Melinda asked, and he smiled.


“Yea, what’s going on?� Amy asked, as the others clustered around his bed.


“Take a look for yourself. I’m no squealer.� He said deadpan, making the young women smile briefly. Amy, Denise, Amanda, Manual, and Melinda all followed Emily and Angie.


What? Who is it?� Angie said grumpily, and glanced at a smiling Emily. Behind them, there was a gasp as the stasis crew all stared at their friend, yelping as they rushed toward the bed. They stopped as all had become choked up, all of their mouths having dropped open in surprise. Manual smiled broadly after a moment, exhaling sharply in stunned relief.


Angie had only glanced at her husband once before stopping and turning her head in the classic double take. She screamed, waking him up from sleep, and she leaped to his bedside peering at him in total shock. She embraced him warmly, passionately kissing him, as she held him. They broke and she peered at him in silence. At first, Nathaniel thought he was dreaming, but when he realized whom it was standing there, he pulled her close.


“Angie!� He whispered, holding her tightly against him.


“You son of a bitch�! You’re alive?� Angie shouted, returning the embrace briefly, before bitch slapping him, weeping hysterically. The young woman embraced him, literally sobbing in his gown. Many times, she drew back, hungrily kissing him, sobbing, and so relieved, to see her lover, the father of their children.


The others looked on as they all were teary eyed, clustering around the young officer. Seth lay in his bed, smiling broadly. Nathaniel took Angie's hand, holding it tightly. Their cheers and mirth made the nurses come running, and they watched as Angie sat next to him, her head on his chest, still sobbing into his arms as he consoled her.


“Jesus Christ! Welcome back, Commander!� Manual shouted putting his hand on his chest and then taking his hand to shake it warmly. The Sergeant Major laughed, making the grizzled officer smile and grin. He laughed with them, peering at his sobbing wife in his arms. Angie drew back as she peered at him, grimacing at the blood that stained his face, and chest where they did surgery to piece him back together.


“Oh my god, I am so glad to see you, and so much has happened. I have something to tell you, husband!� Angie said and he peered at her.


“That I am a complete and utter bastard for not letting you know I was alive?�


She shook her head, and smiled, grinning at his sarcasm.


“Oh no...� Angie said, “That's only a part of it...�


The young woman glanced at the smiling faces of Manual, Melinda, Amy, Denise, Emily, and even Amanda. They were all beaming in delight from the news their friend had disclosed to them a few weeks ago. Nathaniel did not like where this was going.


“Okay what, honey?�


“You big goof and love of my life…” She began, “I’m glad you are alive, can see and be with me to share what is to come. I-I am pregnant and you are going to be a father!�


A cheer echoed the room, as he stared at her, his mouth wide open, dropping literally to his chest.


“I am!� He asked, and she nodded. After a moment, he embraced her.


“Oh my good god�!� He said, holding her making the young woman smile as she lifted her uniform bottom, revealing the significant baby bump that she showed clearly. He put his hand on it, with a shaking hand.


“How long�?� He asked and she whispered in his ear. He gasped, but nodded.


“But there is more, Nathaniel.� Angie said, and smiled as she whispered in his ear again.


“T-twins�!� He gasped. “HEY TWINS!�


He embraced her hard, holding her tightly against him.


“Oh my god�!� Emily gasped, as the young wife of Nathaniel stepped back, allowing each one of them to embrace her warmly.


“You didn’t tell us that!�


The young woman nodded in silence.


“We’d better talk about names.� He told her, making the young woman smile and laugh, as she held him in her arms.


“I have already thought of one.� She said, smiling at him.


“Nathaniel Aaron Miller, Jr.� She said deadpan, and he paused, his face grinning broadly as he embraced her.


“A boy…” He mused, grinning, “A son, outstanding� He’s going to be a chip off the old block.�


“The girl though, I am thinking about Elena Anne Miller.�


Nathaniel let out a gasp.


“A daughter�!� He murmured, and she smiled.


“One of each�?� He asked, and she nodded to him, holding him. She tried to curl the short hair he had with her finger, and her eyes flashed in the light.


“It’ll keep you young, when she starts dating!� Angie replied, making him laugh as he held her hands.


“My god�!� He said, as he lay with the crowd of stasis members around him, all laughing, crying, as they embraced Angie and Nathaniel, so glad to see him alive and well. They were astonished by the news of the couple’s parenthood.


The banter echoed the room as the room all laughed and carried on, with wild names for the couple’s kids. Angie and Nathaniel both laughed at the names, blushing deeply.


“So, Nathaniel, when do you return to duty?�


The Lieutenant Commander shook his head, “Not immediately, if that. After this, I think I am done.�


Angie gasped, holding him warmly as she peered into his eye.


He nodded slightly.


“That is up to Doctor Sane, Phillips and the general staff.� He said solemnly, and he peered at the others clad in their uniforms.


“If you are out, what will you do?�


“Maybe write my memoirs.� He said, deadpan as Sane entered, with the Yamato crew. Mitty was with him, and even General Singleton himself.


“Attention on Deck!� Emily shouted, and everyone snapped to attention. They saluted the General, and Mitty as even the floor staff were on hand.


Nathaniel sat up, despite it, and he even saluted the Commander and the General.


“Please don’t get up.� Singleton said solemnly, nodding to everyone. “…As you were.�


He grinned at the officer, sitting up with Angie seated beside him on the bed.


“You are looking chipper, Commander.� He said formally, nodding at the officer lying in the bed, “So are you, Major and you too Sergeant Major…”


“Yes sir.� Seth said, “Healing and ready to return to duty.�


“Heal first, that will come later.� Singleton said, as he pulled out cases. He opened all of them, inside was a medal, making Angie gasp, even Emily.


“In accordance to your service in the EDC, you all are awarded the Kensho Award for being wounded in battle and a commendation for your service in the EDC.� He intoned, turning to pin it on Seth, Manual, even the Commander who lay in bed, clad in a robe. Emily hugged her new husband, holding him warmly, peering at the shiny medal that he wore on his breast of his robe. Angie was smiling at Nathaniel too. Amanda embraced Manual warmly.


“If you aren’t aware or know what it is, it’s the American equivalent of a purple heart.� The General said, and the three of them glanced at each other.


“You three are true heroes of the EDC, as much as the Star Force, and will be commended for your bravery and service. So will the many who assisted in the battle.� The EDC Commander said, glancing at the grizzled officer who was looking at the medal. He had at least three of these already from the Dinguil War and grimaced quietly.


Angie had two for herself too, and both of them glanced at each other. She knew he was not out for medals, or promotions, he had a job to do and did it, no matter how it was accomplished. The General saw his grimace and shook his head, as if he knew what he was thinking.


“Relax Commander, you will be released and returned to duty, despite your serious injuries.� He said, “We hope you serve in the EDC for a long time to come.�


“Lieutenant Commander…” Nathaniel corrected, and he shook his head.


“Consider it a full Commander after your bravery on Aquarius, like your comrades with you.� He intoned and there was a cheer.


Angie smiled, her mouth open as she gasped quietly, hearing the promotion and she held her husband warmly. Singleton’s aide handed him a small container, with gold clusters. He nodded to Seth, as he gave him silver clusters, marking him as a Lieutenant Colonel and Manual a silver pin with three red dots on it, marking him as a Warrant Officer.


“You all have done remarkable service and these are well deserved. Let us hear it for Commander Miller, Lieutenant Colonel Aguilera and Warrant Officer Perry. Hip Hip�!�


“Hurrah!� The group said, as there were embraces, and handshakes all around.


“You three heal, okay, get better soon, your absence is very much missed.� Singleton said handshaking the trio.


“Aye sir...� Seth and Nathaniel replied sharply.


“Yes sir!� Manual agreed.


They group stayed with them, and one by one excused themselves as they reported to their duty assignments. The two men lay in the hospital, healing, their wives returning to the hospital when they could to be with them.


Seth and Nathaniel were in there three weeks, as they healed from their wounds, but all didn’t realize with the time change that now was shaped ahead of them, there was still a threat. The Cybertron had lost, but it did not mean that time could not possibly be threatened again from the future. When the Commander thought of the possibility of the time change, and what had been rewritten by himself from the future, and being newly written from that point when he had rescued Seth, that he grimaced. He thought of a quote from long ago, from a movie that had been made about the future.


�...The whole thing goes: The future's not set. There's no fate but what we make for ourselves.� Nathaniel murmured, and Seth looked up from his tablet where he had been reading the reports of the events that happened in the last few months.


“What was that?� Seth asked, and thought of the words, making him gasp openly.


“Why the hell are you quoting an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie? Terminator 2: Judgment Day?� He asked.


“Because of my change and sacrifice from another timeline, coming to save you, it had rewritten the future, and the future is truly not set, written every day for the fate of Earth. It might reshape and be taken over again by Cybertron, maybe it won't now that Aquarius is not there to be a base and a source of unlimited power.�


“Yeah, you might be right Nathaniel.� Seth replied, nodding at the clear sentiment that was said. Even the Lt Colonel began to wonder what lay in store ahead for Earth in the next six hundred years.


A few weeks later Angie stood at the memorial, staring at the many graves of both stasis groups who had been buried here now. The bodies of the first group were recovered and placed to rest in an area mirrored to the one that Seth had been assigned as their commander. The two gravestones for Emily and Denise had been removed and the new stones stood in the sunset of another day, in the present time of peace.


Angie stared the names of the first group, their names glistened in the dim light, as they too were given markers for burial. Even despite their bodies were severely mangled, if not annihilated by the explosion that had collapsed their chamber. She managed a sigh, as the young woman turned her head to see Nathaniel walking with a cane toward her where he paid respects to the Yamato crew, clad in a futuristic outfit. He put his arm around his wife and held her. Both of the them peered at the names on the tombstones as the setting sun sank on the western horizon cast a shadow on the ground from them. For the couple, it is a very solemn moment for them both, as their team was honored for their sacrifice for Earth, of the past, and not the future.

'Doug Woolard', 'Christina Cook', 'Sherry Carnelli', 'Edward McKee', 'Katherine Lewis'

‘Doug Lehman� ‘Mark “Boz� Alsobrooks� ‘Rob Paisley� ‘Jason Minser� ‘Paul McKinley� ‘Steve “Twinkie� Gardiner� ‘Janae Dorn� ‘Katie Lehman� ‘Paula Eshbaugh� and ‘Adrienne Stuefloten�


The young Commander grimaced at the names, and the faces he had submitted to the EDC, carved on the tombstones. They had perished in the line of duty, ten brave people, whom the Commander knew and Angie knew well. When the chips were down, they were brave enough to step forward to show courage, in the face of adversity, to volunteer for something that could possibly get them killed and had.


All had been standing in the chamber to be placed in stasis, as Angie and Nathaniel had been put into their chamber, when the terrorist bomb detonated shredding everyone in the chamber.


Angie grimaced at the thoughts and the cruel reminder when she witnessed it. The young woman still had nightmares of the blood, carnage and body parts splattering across the chamber before she had drifted off. It had been an underhanded deed and Nathaniel glanced at Angie as he held her, reminded also as he had seen it too.


It would be a new beginning for the remaining volunteers of the past and the young Commander held Angie, his wife, in his arms as they stared off at the beautiful colors of the gorgeous sunset on the western horizon, in the twenty-third century. It is the same thing for Angie and Nathaniel, who both did the same thing as Seth and Emily at North Beach in San Francisco, two hundred years ago, as they peered at the beauty before them in solemn silence.


"No fate�" He murmured again, repeating the quote as he did in the hospital.


"The whole thing goes: The future's not set. There's no fate but what we make for ourselves..."


He thought again to a movie long ago called Terminator 2: Judgment Day and to the young Commander, it is ironic that it portrayed very closely what they all had been through, now twice. A timeline, perhaps even the very fabric of space and time no longer existed where the interference of the Cybertron was undone by saving Seth from being killed. The line vanished in a wink of an eye, rewritten by one event and taking shape to what they made of it. Time was being newly written as the group, the battle and everyone moved forward from that very event. The future was truly not set and not known as it was being shaped every day.


“Are you alright Nathaniel?� Angie asked, and he nodded. She had heard him murmur the quote and the familiar line from the movie of their century, making her glance at him in surprise at first then in curiosity. The young Captain had not expected him to quote a movie of their century.


“I was just thinking about us and this new century.� He said, “It’s just all hard to take in and believe. I was just thinking of our friends that won't be joining us here in the future.�


“Yes.� She replied, holding him tightly. “But it happened, and they didn’t. They are not dead, so long as you remember them and they are in a better place. For us, however, and our families to come, so long as you and I are together, I am happy.�


The sentiment was there, and his unsaid worries. Both were unsure how they would be as parents in this new world and if they would manage despite their unusual adventure through time.


The couple let the breeze hit them in the face, smiling, as they kissed passionately, and looking forward to their family that would start in a few months. They had long lives ahead of them in this bright new century that welcomed them and the others into it.


Nathaniel and Angie turned as the others walked up, Seth holding the arm of Emily, and Amanda on the arm of Manual. The others followed with them, and all embraced Nathaniel and Angie warmly as they turned to place a wreath at the tombstones, paying respects to their fallen friends.


The members of the twentieth century stasis crew stood solemn as they stared at the sunset together that showed spectacular colors on the horizon. A glorious start to a new era in the chapter of Earth and an uncertain beginning for them all, despite the time lost beforehand.


“Glorious.� Nathaniel said, “M'friends, we are home...�


However, little did everyone know, that the S.S. Magellanic Clouds now heads back toward Earth, of the present, at the same moment. The crew and ship had skipped returning to the future, six hundred years, and each of places the crew had called home there once on their home worlds. The crew unanimously agreed to stay in the present, and return to Earth and all knew their planets would still be there. They did not know if their lifetimes would repeat, being born again in a future time to live it all again. However, by their not returning to the future, time had been altered, their lives and fates in the future certainly unset for the crew of the Clouds as time was of the present.


Ihsss and her crew knew there was no sense to return to their homes in a different future where the same issues still were happening for their races, even despite the Cybertron’s attempts to rule the universe. The reptilian Captain of the Clouds thought she could do better here, contacting her planet as a representative of the EDC and the Earth Federation she would start. She, in this time, could be a liaison to her planet as an ambassador, to make peace and bring them into an Earth Federation, settling their civil war differences where so many in her own time had been slaughtered for racial inequality. It had just struck her, the idea, that she had been pondering to suggest to Earth, and putting her planet as the first member in her idea of an Earth Federation. She also would consider Veloxa’s people, Falora and anyone else who wanted to join too. Allies to Earth against the possibility of the Cybertron still starting and waging war in the uncertain future.


On the bridge of her ship, Ihsss sat in the Command chair as her ship approached their ‘new world� called Earth in the year 2208 AD. She remembered reading some history on Earth, as the planet prepared for war against the Cybertron and Aquarius with their gesture from a planet far away. She was reminded of the ancient text on a man called Columbus who had explored Earth and discovered a new world called America. It would be just like that for the crew of the Clouds, who had found a world of acceptance and peace. They would become ambassadors to their worlds here, and be at peace finally after a long voyage through space and time.


As the ship approached Earth, Ihsss nodded to Hi’Mthsss who hit the buttons on her console. Static echoed at first and then the chatter of the EDC forces.


“S.S. Magellanic Clouds, to Earth Central.� She said, “Permission to enter standard orbit around your planet for landing at the same coordinates for Federal City on the surface.�


“This is Earth control, permission granted Clouds, and welcome back.� The voice said, as Ihsss nodded to Veloxa.


“Alright, standard orbit Veloxa.� The reptilian officer ordered, and the ship in space assumed orbit around the planet.


“Making one quarter impulse, and entering standard orbit.� The bug-like helmsman said, and beside him Thyrac was looking at the navigation beacons for the ground.


“I have pinpointed the landing coordinates from last time.� Felonious said, nodding to Thyrac as he hit the button on his console, transferring the information to the navigation position.


“Very well…” She replied.


“Earth Control, the Clouds, we are descending for landing at Federal City field.� Hi’Mthsss said, and there was a pause.


“Welcome home Clouds...� The voice said, and Ihsss grinned.


“With thanks.� She replied, “Cloud confirms. We are starting our descent now.�


Slowly the ship descended into the atmosphere of the blue ball known as Earth. The ship’s nose turned red as the friction rubbed against the skin of the ship, but soon they were through and the blue sky of the planet was around them.


“Not too quickly.� Ihsss said to the helmsman.


“Right…” He chortled, as the ship descended.


Astro fighters appeared along side as the descended toward the surface. They stayed along side in formation as they were escorted with a heroes welcome to the surface.


A few minutes later, the large ship landed on the Tarmac of Earth and onto the huge landing legs lowered for landing by the crew. Around them, pilots, ground crews, soldiers alike, all watched the arrival of the stranger from another time and place once again land on the tarmac as it had done so before. When the engines fell silent, there was a cheer and applause by everyone who had ran to gather around the ship.


“We are powered down.� Veloxa said, “And the engines are disengaged... Shutdown complete, Captain.�


“Prepare to depart.� Ihsss ordered, but glanced at Hi’Mthsss who was already informing the Earth Control of their landing.


Outside the ship, there are no guards taking up station around the Clouds like before. The gathered Earth EDC personnel around the ship had made a path for Commander McDonald and General Singleton as they arrived at the field with their limited bodyguards. Science teams, ground maintenance crews all stood waiting as the hatch opened, allowing Ihsss to appear with her crew. A cheer and applause welcomed the startled crew of the battered Starship of the future as flashes from the news media personnel's cameras surrounded the ship. A welcomed hero of Earth who had won the day against the Cybertron Empire.


Ihsss saluted the General, holding the salute until it was returned. Flashes of light radiated around them from the many cameras of the news crew.


“I present you, the Space Cruiser Class starship, S.S Magellanic Clouds. My officers and crew request asylum� as citizens of Earth and would like to join Earth Defense Command, of the Earth forces, as our new home.�


“It will be an honor and a pleasure to grant that.� General said, putting out his hand and Ihsss took it, as the crew lined up and stood at attention. “Welcome to your new home.�


Ihsss turned to her crew, nodding and there was a cheer by all hands.


“My friends, welcome to our home world.� Ihsss murmured and she managed a toothy grin. The crew cheered again, as the ground crew of Earth mingled with the ragtag crew. Science personnel came to study the ship, and Ihsss nodded as they were led to the Headquarters where they would begin processing as becoming citizens of Earth.


Ihsss took the General aside and suggested the idea she had and he glanced at her, disbelieving that even in their time, the planets of this crew existed even now.


The young reptilian Captain wondered if she would be born again somewhere on her planet, but different with her idea of bringing peace to her planet and making them allies to Earth. She hoped to put a brisk end to the civil war and turmoil on her world. Ihsss nodded to her daughter who stood beside her, grinning in delight.


Earth and the universe now are at peace. It is the start of the Earth Federation, entrusted to keep that peace. But little does anyone know, that in space that a lone Cybertron ship streaks through the stars of space, and it disappears in a flash as it travels to an unknown destination of uncertainty in the universe.


End�

WC: 42,120

 

 

Copyright © 2017 Nathaniel A Miller
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"