Morty The Homicidal Bear And The Shadow Of Rainbow Land
Richard W McLin

 


Part one: Rainbow Land, and the Shadow Clan


Deep in the heart of Rainbow land lived a small bear named Morty. Morty was a short bear, so he was not very popular in rainbow land, and he also had a strange secret, a secret no one else knew about, and that was that Morty liked to rip things to pieces and then chew it's cotton.

Morty felt bad for having such a distasteful habit, but he felt that no one could blame him, after all this was Rainbow land where everyone is your friend and the currency for any item, is a hug or a smile. Morty loved living here, but he also knew that anytime now he could snap, and go over the Donnie the Beavers house and rip off his flat fucking tail and beat him to death with it.

OUTSIDE OF RAINBOW LAND

Over the mountains of Rainbow land was the Forbidden Cave. In here was a door that had never been opened. Chester the Raccoon knew this, but he was also a very curious fellow. He traveled into the cave with his best friend Travis the Chipmunk, they were both only 12, and did not know what they were about to do would change Rainbow Land forever.

"Do you think this is a good idea Chester? I think I want to go back and visit the Candy Cane Coast. It is supposed to be very nice this year?"

"Don't be such a baby Travis; this is our last chance to prove our bravery. Now after this I can go over to Nola and tell her how brave I am, and she'll fall in love with me."

Nola the Raccoon was the hottest raccoon in all of Rainbow land, and she was Chester's and Travis's teacher in school and she had her eye set on someone else.

They made it to the door. It appeared to be made of wood, and had a medallion on the front. It was in the shape of a Lollipop and in the center of it was a skull. This made both kids nervous, but Chester was determined to get it done. He reached out and grabbed the knob.

"Who so wishes to open the door to the shadow realm?" Came a deep voice.

"My name is Chester, Mr. Door."

"Once you open me, there is no turning back, the world will change, and know it was you who opened me." The door replied.

This made Chester very happy. This meant that Nola would know how brave he was to stand up to the door. He quickly turned the knob and opened the door. All that was inside was darkness, and this made both creatures fur stand up. Travis turned and ran out towards the cave exit, but Chester couldn't, something compelled him to stay. He suddenly thought he could make some sort of shape coming from the shadow, and it appeared to be, a badger clad all in black.

"Thank you Chester, you have freed me and the rest of the shadow clan."

"You're welcome." Chester replied in a nervous tone.

"Now for your reward." replied the badger as he picked up Chester and threw him into the door way and closed it. Chester began crying fearing he would never be found again.

"Come now my brothers, you have slumbered long enough."
Upon the badgers voice the cave came alive with all sorts of beasts, and all were clad in black. This was the return of the dreaded Shadow Clan.

The Shadow Clan was started back in the years before Rainbow land, where there were still such things as violence and hate. Once they were able to trick the Shadow Clan, and seal the Damien the Badger in the door of darkness, there was no hate, and no violence, but all that changed now.

Part Two: Morty, and the Citys cry for Help.

Morty loved watching TV. It had some movies on that had action in it, but it was very down played and it all ended in singing, hugging and a life lesson. He loved to use his imagination and pretend it ended in bloodshed. The hero skins the villain, and feeds the skin and meat to the villians families, and then kills them as well. Morty was beginning to think there might be something a bit off about him. He really did not fit in with the rest of Rainbow Land.

"Morty, come quick?" someone screamed from outside.

Anytime there was something unpleasant to do in this town it was a job for Morty. He got up from his chair and walked outside. There were people screaming and it did not take Morty long to find out why. There was a shadow moving over the mountains near the Forbidden Cave, and it was obvious that some idiot finally opened the door.

"Fuck!" Morty said.

"We need your help, this is the chance you have been waiting for Morty." Cried the mayor Oscar the Kangaroo.

"What are you talking about? Chance for what?"

"To use all that anger and belt up violent rage to kill something and then drink it's blood. You can do that and save Rainbow land. You'll get a hug from the mayor (whom Morty thought was a closet queen) and have the honor of being Rainbow Lands hero."

Morty could not deny that he did long to feel bones break in his hands. To suck out the marrow form the bones and then impale them upon his victim. He had no choice.

"Ok Oscar, I'll do it."

Part Three: A city left bare


Morty watched as the shadow clan began to imprison the entire population of Rainbow Land. He knew he couldn't help them by getting caught, so he ran to Hilda the Hippo's well and jumped in. The water was cool, and the well was dark, he would be safe. The sun was shinning over the well, but Morty realized that it was getting dark quick, and it was only around noon.

He would have to tap into his deep lust for violence. His shrink Tony the Giraffe told him to put those feelings in a vault and to seal it, but now it was time to open it. Morty closed his eyes and took a deep breath. His paws began to form the shape of a fist. He thought about one of the last things he heard. It was when he was buying some fish at the store. He walked up to the Otter cashier, and she smiled and asked,

"Would you like paper or plastic?"

"Plastic" Morty replied.

"How would you like to pay for this, Hugs, or Smiles?"


At that moment Morty thought about ramming his paw through her chest and pulling out her heart, and then showing it to her. It would still have some beating to do before it finally died. Then he pictured eating it, and how good it would taste. Morty knew he would have done Rainbow Land a service had he just done it, but instead he gave her a hug, and took his fish.

2 Hours later

Morty climbed out of the well and found that the town was indeed empty. His once innocent looking eyes were now red, and his mouth hung open, and his teeth were sharp. He knew where to find the Shadow Clan, and he knew he was the only one in Rainbow Land that could stop them.

Part Four: A Very Bad Badger


Damien Badger was pleased to finally be free. His minion were taking control of all of Rainbow Land, and why stop there, he would soon take Candy Cane Coast, and Happy Harbour, and of course, the capital of the area Hugopolis.

Damien knew the area was filled with animals who's cotton was less than tough, but this invasion was easier than he thought. It appeared that there was no one to stop him. He had locked all the residents of Rainbow Land in the door they had sealed him in, and now he would take everything.

"Lord Badger, come quick!" Came the voice of a frantic gopher.

Damien walked through the exit of the cave to see a bear running towards the cave, and there seemed to be something different about him, something evil.

"Kill him, I don't want him with the others." Damien instructed.

The gopher nodded and removed a samurai sword from his sheath.

He ran to the bear who had stopped in the valley. The bear had big bubbly eyes, and a sweet smile on his face like he just heard the best joke in the world. He had flowers in his right hand which he raised to the gopher.

"Hugs, or smiles?" Asked the bear

The gopher was puzzled, he had no idea how to answer. He looked at the flowers and they seemed harmless enough.

"Hug, I guess I'll take a hug."

As the bear embraced the gopher he dropped the flowers behind his back to reveal hidden a sharp piece of wood, which he stabbed into the back of the gophers neck. The gopher dropped the sword and was shouting as cotton was flying all over the place. Morty picked up the sword and walked over to the gopher who had fallen, and relieved him of his head.

"Damnit!" Shouted Damien, "Everyone, attack that bear!"

Hundreds of animals clad all in black ran to destroy the bear that killed their gopher friend. Damien watched as the bear began slicing through all of them. His men where not ready for any type of resistance, and Damien could tell that they were all going to be slaughtered.

"STOP!" Shouted Damien

Damien removed another sword from a dead goat and walked to Morty.

"You and me, if you win and kill me then my men will vanish forever, and your friends will be freed, but if you lose, you die, as does all your friends."

Morty nodded in approval. The rest of the Shadow Clan circled around to find out who the victor would be, Damien, or this extemely violent bear.

Part Five: KILL BEAR

Their swords met, and the fight to save Rainbow Land had begun. Damien was quick, but Morty had something Damien didn't, years of locked up cotton lust, he was ready to shed more of it. He ducked as Damien's sword went high, and he sliced off both or Damien's legs. Cotton flew everywhere as Damien hit the ground screaming in pain.

"Rainbow Land is free." Morty claimed

"I'll be back bear."

"I don't think so." as he ran his sword through Damien and cut him into two pieces.

At once the Shadow Clan members where disppearing and the population of Rainbow Land began running out of the cave singing. Morty noticed one in particular, Nola the Raccoon, he had a thing for her. He wanted to screw her from behind while rubbing himself with her tail. He thought of that alot.

She came up and kissed him on the cheek.

"Thank you Morty."

He smiled, for the first time an honest smile. He looked deep into her beautiful eyes and kissed her again.

Morty would stay in Rainbow Land with Nola. Someone had to protect Rainbow Land from any other motherfucker stupid enough to fuck with it, or at least that's how he put it.

THE END

Richard McLin 2006

 

 

Copyright © 2006 Richard W McLin
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"