Adolescent Innocence 2: Evil Never Dies (1)
Loki

 

Warning: This story contains violence, obscene language, and killing.
If you are offended by any of these, then I suggest you leave right now. If you have not read the first story, then you might not understand this one. Other than that, enjoy the fic......



Adolescent Innocence 2: Evil Never Dies

4 months after the construction site explosion...

" So how did you like Portersville? " my dad asked curiously. " Oh, it was unlike anything that had ever happened in my entire life. " I said. He looked sullen. " Yeah. It is hard losing one friend, but 5?! I am surprised that you could get over that. " he said with a dull look. My name is Lee. About 6 months ago, my mom, brother, and I moved back into my hometown of Portersville. There, I got black-mailed into an intensive game of survival and in the process I killed 3 people ( refer to Adolescent Innocence ). Sometimes I would wake up in the middle of the night scared out of my mind. In the day I would have horrifying flashbacks of what I did to protect my family and myself.
" Yeah dad. It still is hard. " I said as I walked away.

" Daniel Frosteg, millionaire and owner of Frosteg Construction and Building, is in trial for taking embezzlement money about 15 years ago. James Williams, a former worker of Frosteg, was said to have taken the money. But further evidence showed that Williams did not take the money. He was released about 1 and a half weeks ago. Not enough evidence clearly states that Frosteg took to money or not. " said the reporter with frizzy hair. " Damn. " I said under my breath. Frosteg was the main reason my dad had to go to jail for about 5 years. " In other news, Garret Frosteg, son of Daniel, came out of his coma to give a report of the suspect who blew up the construction site in Portersville about 4 months ago. Garret was found the night of the explosion under rubble. He had 4th degree burns and his muscles were 90% charred. He was still able to give a liable report on the culprit. The person is between 13-16, is 5'5", weighs around 105-120lbs. And is a black male. If you have any information on this person, call you local police department. " she ended. I could hardly get any air. Garret, alive?! He gave the police my description. He must have it in for me. I suddenly felt scared, vulnerable. Garret would try to contact me. Then I had an idea, Email! He knew my address. I ran into my room and logged on. 5 minutes later, I was looking at my address box. I had received 2 new messages. One from someone named Mssng_grl284 and one from someone named NEMESIS666. The last one sounded like something Garret would use so I opened it. It said: HELLO LEE, THE GAME IS NOT OVER. I AM ALIVE, BARELY BUT ALIVE. YOUR FUTURE IS IN MY HANDS. THE POLICE HAVE PROBABLY ALREADY STARTED MAKING CONNECTIONS TO YOU. MEET ME AT ST. JOHN'S HOSPITAL ON SAT. ROOM 276. COME ALONE. Garret could tell the cops anytime about me. I had to do this. I exited and opened the one that said Mssng_grl284. It said: I know who you are and what you did. This is not a letter of blackmail but a letter of distress. I really need your help. You are the only one that I can trust right now. Meet me sometime in Kenton, 284 Grand Oaks st. Who the hell was this person? Life was getting weirder and when life got weirder for me, people soon started dieing.

I had the perfect plan on Friday. I was going to BORROW my mom's car and drive to the hospital at around 4:00 a.m. Why was I leaving so early? Well 1) I am 14 years old and 2) Obviously I have no license. I quietly snuck out of my window and fell on the trampoline I had propped against the house that day. There it was, with the garage open. I snuck into the car and closed the door with ease. I didn't crank the car up like an idiot and wake my parents instead, I released the brake and the car slowly crept backwards down the hill that lead to the garage parkway. When I was about 100 feet down the road, I crunk the car up and roared awkwardly down the road and turned off towards the main highway.

" And where are you going young man? " The figure in the trees said. ( In case you didn't know, this same figure videotaped Heith in the first Adolescent Innocence ) The car silently crept down the road and out of sight. " I will figure you out Mr. Williams. You are very mysterious. " the figure said silently as he videotaped the whole ordeal.

VROOOM! VROOOOOOM! " Wah Hoo! " I yelled as I roared the car up and down the empty traffic lanes. This was so awesome. Since it was 4 in the morning, hardly no one was on the road so I decided it was time for a joyride. I finally got some sense and slowed down a few notches. It was smooth sailing the entire way and I arrived at the hospital at around 4:45 a.m. I parked about 4 blocks away from the hospital and walked towards the back of it. The automatic doors were closed and I knew visiting times had been over. I neared the back of the building towards the fire escape. There was no lock on the doors so I entered with care. Room 276 right? 50 rooms on each floor. So that meant I had to walk up almost 5 1/2 flights of stairs. On the way up reality dawned on me. I was meeting Garret. A couple of weeks ago we had been trying to kill each other. Isn't it kind of ironic? Me visiting my arch enemy, funny. As I neared the 5th floor I opened the door a crack and looked in the hallway. No one at all. It was bed time for the patients. I squeezed through and walked down the hallway tensely. 268...270...272...274...finally, 276. It all comes down to this. The reunion. Time to go, I thought to myself as I opened the door and walked in with emotions of pride, fear, danger, and the thrill of the kill running through my veins like blood.

" Who...who...who's there? " came a weak voice from the dim room. I was about to say something when I saw him. For the first time, I had felt sympathy for Garret, I mean, he looked like shit. Really fucked up. He was hooked up to dozens of machines linked to his body. His manilla skin had turned into an unhealthy dark red. His skin looked like burnt wood, wrinkly and arsenic. His face was Cajun black. He had a huge patch over the left side of his head and his abdomen was wrapped in thousands of protective bandages. " It's me. Lee. " I said. " Oh. I didn't think you would make it. " he said with a wheeze. Different shape, same attitude, I thought. " As you can see, I am on my last stand. I probably am never going to be able to walk again and I might not be able to breath on my own again. " he said. " You are on life support Garret. That explosion was meant to kill you but this is much better, watching you suffer. I hope you like this. Playing that game has taken it's toll on you. " I said. " Don't you talk to me like that. I may be crippled but I can tell the police about you any time. You could be arrested before you can get home. " he said harshly. " We are going to finish the game. Since I am incapable to play, I must appoint a new captain in my place. " He said. I suddenly got mad. " Why play this game? Why take more lives? Why don't we just separate and never see each other ever again? " I said questionably. " Because I want revenge. " he said. " What do you want?! " I practically yelled. " Taking my place will be Cory. Remember, the guy I sent to attack you. The guy you sent to boot camp. " he wheezed. Cory. He was the only person that I didn't murder on the opposing team. " Why Cory? " I said with sarcasm. " Cory also wants revenge. He was nearly tortured in boot camp. " Garret said. It looked like there was no way out of this, so I had to go along with Garret. " What are the rules? " I asked. " The rules are a bit different. Since you survived, you do not get to pick any teammates or partners. Cory will probably send you an email message, so keep in check. Cory will have his own group and you will have to battle it out alone to live. " he said with no remorse. " There better be some good fucking rewards for this shit. " I said through clenched teeth. " Yes. If Cory wins, you will be killed and your father will be thrown back in jail for the rest of his life. Cory's team will also receive the embezzlement money from my father. " he said happily. " And if...no not if, when I win? " I said hastily. " If you win, you will receive your freedom, I will never speak to you again and we will go our separate ways. Oh and also, my father will not go to jail because there is not ENOUGH evidence to put him away. " he said with glee. " Whatever. " I said as I prepared to leave that beast. " Good luck. " he said with fake enthusiasm.

When I left Garret, it was about 5:15 a.m. I had overstayed my visit. I hurried down the fire escape and was about to run out the door when a police vehicle pulled up to the door, blocking it. Oh fuck, what was happening? I thought as I ran back up the stairs. I looked on the first floor, flooded with policemen. I ran to the second, I found the same thing. It took me all the way to the 6th floor to get out on open ground. Was I discovered of something? I ran down the hallway, looking for an escape. Someone was running up the stairs! Thump! Thump! Thump! Then I saw it, the laundry chute! I climbed in and dropped myself into oblivion. I fell for almost 4 seconds and then I landed on top of a mound of dirty clothes. Phew! I ran up the stairs and exited the building through the back, running at full speed until I reached my mom's car. I started it like a pro and drove out of there like Jeff Gordon on crack.

 

 

Go to part:2  3  4 

 

 

Copyright © 2001 Loki
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"