Delta Centauri
Paolo Debernardi

 

It was 19 June 1994. I remembered it very well like it was yesterday. As my everyday habit, I was jogging after a delicious, but calorific meal, in the park.

The sky was so breathtaking with the moon and stars shining that I stopped running to admire it. The park was silent. It was very peculiar. It was a summer night so I expected birds singing and cicadas shrilling, but that night was completely different from the others. Something was going to happen.

I felt it on my skin. The waiting and spooky atmosphere increased my fears enormously. On my skin goosebumps appeared. Although I felt uncomfortable I didn�t want to run away. I felt there was a presence to reassuring me to stay calm. I took a long breath and my confidence increased.

At this particular moment, a bluish mist was coming in my direction. I had never seen anything like that. I was sure it didn�t belong to our world.

It could be coming from outer space.

Slowly and curiously I started to walk up to the unusual mist. I was frightened, but a voice was whispering telepathically in my head: "Don�t be afraid, I won�t hurt you"

The mist was very thin and dispersive.

After walking for five minutes, I was delighted and shocked. A metallic triangular flying saucer landed in the park. I always wished to see a flying saucer closer, but I had never been so lucky until now.

I knew a lot of unidentified flying objects had been sighted all over the world in the last few years and I believed they existed. But one thing is to have faith, another is seeing in reality.

I rubbed my eyes. I wanted to be sure it wasn�t a hallucination or dream. But it wasn�t. It was real.

I was so excited, but at the same time terrified. I didn�t know what to do.

The aliens could friends helping us to save our planet or enemies looking for a New World to conquest.

With these doubts in my mind, in the front of the spacecraft a door opened.

I swallowed my saliva nervously. From the flying saucer, a tall figure came out. Some drops of sweat rolled down from my forehead.

It was a medium built alien wearing a silver suit and gold helmet.

"Don�t worry, I�m not dangerous. Please come closer", he spoke telepathically.

"I�m scared, but I don�t know why I feel you are sincere and friendly"

"I know. You don�t have anything to fear. I come in peace. I want to become your friend"

"Me too"

Approaching him, I felt very calm and all my anxiety was gone.

I felt reassured to see his positive body language. His three-finger hand showed the way inside his spacecraft and underneath his gold helmet I could glimpse a sweet and friendly smile.

Inside the flying saucer everything looked different from what I had expected outside. His external outline gave an impression to well defined shape, but I was completely wrong. The inside was all opposite. The white walls and the long corridors linking to the huge rooms gave a sensation of infinity.

In each room, there was a lot of activity. Computer operators coming from different planets were working together in harmony in a friendly atmosphere; meanwhile men, women and children were following other aliens like mine.

I asked him a lot of questions about these operators, but he was vague. He only told me they came from all the planets of the Universe.

"You see your species is very violent and dangerous. We have to select all human beings we want to contact. You are afraid of us and in your mind you think we want to conquer your planet. We used to be like you three hundred years ago, but then we developed with superior visitors� help, which modified our society. Nowadays in my planet, we live together in harmony and peace.

With our help, your species will reach the same stage in the future and maybe you or the next generation won�t be surprised to see visitors coming from all over the Universe working and living together", he said.

"How great it will be! New contacts, new friends I can�t wait"

"Be patient, the time hasn�t come yet"

He was pleased to hear that I was thrilled at our shared future.

Then my curiosity spoilt everything. Sometimes I wish I could shut my mouth.

I asked him where all the human beings go and at this question he became very upset.

"You don�t have to worry about them. Nothing will happen. We need them for a wonderful project. You see we come for a planet completely different from yours. In our planet, all the vegetation and water was destroyed by chemical elements. Fortunately, we survived, because we adapted our bodies to the changes. So we have to wear our suit and helmet to protect us from solar radiation and germs, which can kill us. Without these protections we can�t live on your planet"

So why they can�t change their bodies to adapt to our environment. They have technology and knowledge. They have already achieved this in their planet.

"We can�t. We tried, but we failed. Your body is so complex and evolved we can�t succeed. We need your help"

"I�ll help you"

We entered a room where there was a black table in the centre. It looked very solid like a stone and it gave me an impression of being cold.

He approached another alien and together they had a brief conversation telepathically.

Then he came back and reassured me.

"Don�t be afraid! You will have some tests, but you won�t feel any pain or fear"

I undressed as he asked me and I lay on the table completely naked.

The table was very soft and warm giving the sensation of being on a bed.

From the wall a flat machine appeared, scanned my body and disappeared. It was a very strange sensation, but afterwards I felt all my pain and fear were gone. I was relaxed.

A long tube came out from the side of the table. It stimulated my male organ and sucked my sperms away.

"We need your sperm to combine human chromosomes with ours. Only in this way will our babies be able to live in your planet in the future"

I felt miserable to be treated as guinea pig. I prefer to make love naturally, instead of artificially. But I couldn�t really complain about it. I�d be a father.

The tube disappeared and a long thin silver tube appeared. It went inside my nose. The operation lasted briefly and was painless. It came out from my nose and vanished.

It was all over. He reassured me and allowed me to dress.

"It was for your own good. You had a terrible illness, but my machine removed it. Now I would like to show you where I come from. Please follow me"

"Yes, sure"

I followed him. We entered another room, which was covered by maps about the constellations and galaxies of the Universe.

He pointed to a planet.

"I come from Delta Centauri in a planet called "Ursula". It is 5 light-years from Earth. I come in peace. I want to protect your planet from nuclear self-destruction or a meteorite impact"

He carried on explaining, but my mind was completely full of information. I only remembered I peered out at another room. There were human children playing with young aliens.

They were enjoying so much they were laughing and running.

Then everything was blank. I don�t remember anything. Maybe they remove my experience from my head.

I found myself on the grass in the park. In that particular instant, the only thing I remembered was the bluish mist, but not the flying saucer and the following events. I looked at my watch.

It was 11 o�clock. There were three hours missing. I didn�t remember how and where I spent them.

Not finding any explanation, I decided to go home.

The following morning, I panicked to see drops of blood coming out from my nose. It was very weird. I was so alarmed that I went straight to the hospital where I had a check-up.

The doctor was surprised to find out there was a chance of cancer in my head, but now it had gone mysteriously. There was only a strange unidentified piece of metal in my head. I explained to the doctor that I had never been operated. I didn�t know where it was coming from.

He suggested going to the psychiatrist, because it could be a case of alien abduction.

At first I was reluctant to go. Who could believe me? They could think I was mad. Then I changed my mind. I was too curious. I wanted to give it a go. I made an appointment.

After several retro hypnosis, I relived my experience. I couldn�t remember it, because it was hidden in my memory. But afterwards it was recalled. I remembered the end of my experience. I was on the grass looking at the spacecraft flying away at high speed in the sky.

The psychiatrist introduced me to his friend, who was an alien abductee, to share my experience with other people.

This is the reason I am here tonight. At last, I would like to say it is a real story. I didn�t invent anything. It really happened to me. I know there are many people, who deceived others with incredible stories coming from their fervid imagination. But I�m not like them. This is real life.

Every night I wake up, screaming from this nightmare.

Later that night, the expert thought before writing in a file "I believe it is a genuine story. The witness is honest, sincere and objective". Then he put it in a drawer together with hundreds of the other files. They all told the same story.

 

 

Copyright © 2003 Paolo Debernardi
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"