Black Flying Fist
Delmar Burkett

 










BLACK FLYING FIST









BY DELMAR BURKETT

























BLACK FLYING FIST
FADE IN:

ACT I




EXT-DAY-Cemetery

Leon Spellman, a young man late twenty’s, stands in front of his martial arts teacher’s tombstone as he reminisces about the time his master was telling him and friend about something of great importance in his private training basement

FADE OUT/IN
INT-BASEMENT-GRAPHIC (FIVE YEARS AGO)

TEACHER

Leon, Ken- I am very proud of you two! You two have been my only pupils worthy of learning the ways of the flying fist. You two have grown up to be very successful young men. But, I’m afraid your training is about to come to an end.

LEON
Master what are saying?

TEACHER
I am very old now and my time grows short.

KEN
Are you saying you’re going to die soon!

TEACHER
In body-yes! But in spirit no!

FADE OUT/IN


EXT-DAY- Waterfalls

The camera fades back in to see Leon walking along the sidewalk by a nearby river. He then stops to look overhead at a nearby waterfall. He continues to reminisce about his teacher’s sayings.

FADE OUT/IN
INT-BASEMENT

TEACHER

I have a special gift for you two. (Takes out a drawing on a piece of paper of what looks like a round about with a symbol of a dragon on it) This is the Dragon Crest. There are two of these. They are locked in my chest in the next room. The dragon crest symbolizes strength and courage and can only be obtained by a true master.

KEN

So by giving us both a dragon crest-does that mean we're masters?

TEACHER
Masters of your own domain! There is a lock on the chest, which can only be opened by a special key. This key is hidden deep within Shila woods.

LEON

Shila woods! Master Shila woods have been off limits for years! There were many folk tales that there exsits many demons and monsters there brought on by black magic from ninjas and samurais; Most of which they use to have great battles there.

KEN
Leon, you don’t really believe in that stuff do you! I mean it’s all just a lot of superstitious junk!

TEACHER
Not so Ken! Do you know how old I am?


KEN

I don’t know seventy-five- maybe eighty!

TEACHER
I am 110!

LEON

Say what!

KEN

No way!

TEACHER

There were many great battles in that forest. Most of which took place in Japan before some of the ninjas fled here to the United States. They were chased and haunted by samurais who wanted revenge because the black ninja destroyed there land and loved ones in order for the samurais to give up their collection of the dragon crest!

KEN
Wait a minute! How many of these Dragon crest were there?

TEACHER
There were twenty- now all exists are two!

LEON
Master were you one of these samurais?

TEACHER
Yes! And the last two of the Dragon Crest will be yours. If you can past through Shilo Woods and obtain the lock key,

LEON
Why did you hide the key there!

TEACHER

To prove that you are capable of being a true master warrior. Both of you will need to work together in obtaining the key. Be warned that there does exits the present spirits of enemies from the past! So be strong and remember I am always with you!


LEON/KEN

Thank you master!





CUT TO:

EXT-DAY-GARAGE

Leon searches through his teacher’s old things until he comes across the chest of which holds the dragon crests. He blows off some dust then looks at the special lock that holds it shut. He then begins to search through more of his teacher’s things until he finds the drawing picture his teacher once showed him and Ken of the dragon crest.
CUT TO:

INT- HOUSE


Leon rumbles through a phone book and finds his friend, Ken, phone number. He picks up the phone and dials; Ken’s wife answers.

ANGELA

Hello!

LEON
Hi, um may I speak with Ken please?

ANGELA
Ken isn’t here right now-who’s calling?

LEON
This is Leon!

ANGELA
Leon! Leon Spellman!

LEON
Yeah.

ANGELA
Wow. Ken talks about you all the time. He was wondering what happen to you. He told me he hasn’t seen you since you guy’s teacher past away.

LEON
Yeah I know! Well do you when he’ll be back!

ANGELA
Well, you know Ken is an undercover cop now. He’s probably doing his usual routine circling around Harrison Street right now. That’s where he finds most of the drug dealers and car thieves.

LEON
Hmm. Okay I’ll see where I can find him!


CUT TO:
EXT-DOWNTOWN-DUSK
ACT II

A view of downtown is seen with light traffic and citizens walking around completing their daily activities. Ken Rodgers is seen driving with his head bobbing to a hip-hop beat. Suddenly he slows down to spot two hooded teens trying to break into a car. Ken parks his car on the other side of the road the walks up to the two hooded teens.

KEN
What’s up fellas!

HOOD 1
Hey we got company. (Talking to the other hood)

KEN
Now now I don’t won’t any trouble. I’m just here to help. I use to be pretty good at jacking a car myself.

HOOD 2
What you talking about man?

HOOD 1
I think you better roll on brother before you get hurt!

KEN
Look man you doing this all wrong! Can I see that? (Ken takes the prong from Hood 1) Thanks! Now, you stick the prong right here. Then you take-I need that too (takes another object from Hood 2) then you take this here and stick it in the lock only so far. Now you give it turn- you’re gonna here a tiny click.

Hood one and two both look at each other in awe.

KEN
And there we go!
(Hood opens the car door)

HOOD 1
Now that’s what I’m talking about!

HOOD 2
Thanks brother!

KEN
Yeah no problem! Now, this here (talking about the prong) can be also be used as something else.

HOOD 1
Like what?

KEN
A butt whooper!

HOOD 2
A what?

KEN
Let me show you!

Ken hits hood one then strikes hood two.

HOOD 1
Punk! Lets hook him up man.

HOOD 2
Bet!

KEN
Yeah hook me up! Come on!

After the fight, Ken cuffs them both.


KEN
You guys are under arrest!

Hood one spots the badge on Ken’s belt buckle

HOOD 1
All dang an undercover cop!

KEN
How’d you guess!

HOOD 2
Don’t we have some rights read us man!

KEN
Yeah, but I guess I’ll skip that part for today. I’m a little tired.

LEON
Too tired- now that’s not the Ken I’ve always known!

KEN
No that isn’t!

Leon appears out of a dark shadow in the corner of an alley and starts walking up to Ken

LEON
What’s up!

KEN
Who! That voice sounds familiar. Leon. LEON! What’s up man!

The shake hands and hug!

KEN
Long time no see!

LEON
Yeah its been a while man!
(While looking at the two criminals) So you're a cop now

KEN
Yeah! Its not too bad. So where you been all this time!

LEON
Well you know after teacher died. My sister, you know the one who lives in California, well she got really sick. So I went there to take care of her for a while.

KEN
What was wrong?

LEON
Cancer! She’s doing better now! She was on Chemotherapy. Look are you free later this evening!

KEN
I should be after I drop these two thugs off and check on the wife. Why what’s up!

LEON
Remember Master talked to us about something called the dragon crest!

KEN
Uhhh, Yeah I remember!

LEON
Well, I might some more information about it. (Leon takes out a piece of paper and a pen and begins to write his address) Meet me here at 9:00pm.

KEN
You got it!
CUT TO
INT-LEON’S PLACE-NIGHT

ACT III

Leon is busy working on his computer when there is a knock at the door. Leon gets up to open the door for Ken and his partner friend, Trey. They are all sitting down having a conversation

KEN
Hey Leon I want you to meet my partner and friend Trey.

LEON
Hi!

TREY
What’s up!

KEN
I told Trey all about our teacher and he agreed to help us in anyway

LEON
Cool, we can use all the help we can get.

KEN
So what’s all this about


LEON
I was doing some research and I found this information about the Dragon Crest on top of what Master told us about it. (Leon hands over some paper work he found regarding the Dragon Crest) They’re ancient artifacts from Japan worth over $50,000.

KEN
You’re kidding!

LEON
Nope. Look I found the chest in Master’s old shed!

KEN
Are they still in there?

LEON
Yeah, it sounds like it, but we need the key to take off the lock.

TREY
Skip the key; I got something at the station that will take that lock off.

LEON
Whatever it is it won’t work. I’ve tried every possible thing to try and pry this lock off-even a blowtorch. - Nothing will get this accept the key.

KEN
Let me see that!

LEON
Yeah I know what you’re thinking! I’ve already tried to puncture a hole in the box, but that doesn’t work either. It’s like some sort of black magic is protecting them.

TREY
Didn’t your Master say that the key was hidden in Shila woods?


LEON
Yeah!

TREY
Now Ken, you know I don’t really believe in a lot of that suppositious garbage, but two years ago I heard construction workers entered Shila woods to check out the land for a possible mini mall.



LEON
What happen?

TREY
Well, from what I heard there were two of them that entered, but only one came out!

LEON
I still think we can do this Ken. We can get that key!

KEN
Uh, uh no way! Even if we tried we wouldn’t know where to look.

LEON
We know now! Remember master showed us this? (Leon shows him the paper Master showed both of them with the picture of the Dragon Crest on it) Well what Master didn’t show us was the back of this.

KEN
Is that a map?

LEON
Yep. It leads the direction to where the key is hidden.

KEN
I don’t know about this Man.

LEON
Believe me I feel the same way you do. But in this day and age- imagine what $50,000 can do for our family and us. I know my sister could use it. It would help her out a lot with medical bills.

KEN
Yeah, and I could get early start on my son’s college fund. But is it something worth sacrificing our life for?


LEON
Master wouldn’t have told us any of this if he didn’t think we weren’t capable. He taught is everything we needed to know to survive. Remember we’re masters of our domain.

KEN
(Ken thinks for a minute) All right, lets do it, but we’re going to need some equipment.

TREY
Leave that up to me.
CUT TO

INT: KEN’S HOUSE
ACT IV


While TREY explains to Leon about the equipment, displays are being shown on Ken and Leon preparing audio devises needed for the journey.

TREY

Ok, the two of you are going out there and I’m going to stay and keep track.










TREY
This detector will allow me to keep track of you guys Here take this earpiece too. Something.



FADE TO
INT-KEN’S HOUSE

TREY
Ok, we’re all set. (Trent turns on the audio system) Everything is in its place I should be able to keep an eye on you. How you feel!
                                                       CUT TO:
EXT: SHILA WOODS (Leon and Ken stands at the entrance)

LEON
Nervous

KEN
Yeah, me too! But we in this together man. We go do this!




TREY
Now I’ll try to keep you guys on audio.

LEON

You still have that copy of the map.

TREY
Yeah, I made a digital copy of it on my hardrive. That way it will be easier for me to help direct you on where to go; so you don’t have to worry about stopping and looking at your map all the time.

KEN
That will make things go a lot quicker. We can go in, get the key, and get out.

LEON
Well have to split up

KEN
Yeah.

TREY
Well Good luck guys. And watch out for snake man. He’s some newly developed monster hidden in there somewhere.

KEN
(Laughing) Shut up man! I’m scared enough as it is.

They enter the woods and soon split up

LEON
Ok I’ll go right.

KEN
All right I’ll keep straight!




After a while of searching

TREY
Anything yet guys?



KEN OVER RADIO
Negative!

LEON OVER RADIO
Nothing yet!

TREY

What’s your location!

KEN
I’m out towards the northeast side near the park!

LEON
I’m almost out near the middle!




LEON


Leon walks for a while observing the woods

LEON OVER RADIO
You know this place isn’t so bad once you get use to it!

KEN
Leon you’ll get use to anything, even being in a sewer.

LEON
Say what!

KEN OVER RADIO
Just kidding.

Suddenly Leon starts hearing some strange sounds

LEON
Ken, Trey, you here that?
KEN
Hear what?
TREY
What?

LEON OVER RADIO
There was this strange sound a minute ago.


 KEN
You’re probably just hearing things.

LEON
No! It was weird. It was like echoes or something!


Suddenly the camera that acts as an invisible enemy attacks Leon

LEON
Ahhh! (Leon gets knocked down)

KEN
  Leon what’s wrong!

LEON
Something just hit me! (Leon gets up and grabs his radio)

TREY
What, what just hit you?

LEON
I don’t know! It was oomph!

(Leon gets knocked down again)

TREY
LEON!

LEON
There’s something out here!
(Leon’s communication signal gets off line)
KEN
What’s your location? Leon Leon!

TREY
We’ve lost communication with him!

KEN OVER RADIO
Trey can you home in on him?

TREY
I can try using his radio frequency to give us a signal. ------Ok, I’m getting a beeper.



TREY OVER RADIO
Ok, he’s 30 feet southwest from mid area.

KEN
I’m on my way. (Ken runs for a minute then suddenly it gets pitch dark)
Trey what time is it?

TREY OVER RADIO
It’s 5:00 pm why!

KEN
Well why does it look like it’s about 10:00pm!

IN THE MEANTIME
CUT TO

Leon is busy getting attacked from all sides.

LEON
This isn’t right! WHERE ARE YOU!

(Leon hears sounds)

Leon hears the sound of his master through the other sounds

MASTER
Leon you must concentrate not that what is seen, but on that what is not seen. Trust your other senses. Focus!

Leon takes out his headband and covers his eyes

LEON
All right lets do this!

Leon blocks out the sounds he hears and concentrates on the footsteps- Afight scene occurs-

CUT TO

Ken is still in the Dark and is suddenly attacked by a black ninja

KEN
What the…Where’d you come from!
(The ninja delivers a swift kick)

TREY
Ken what is it!

KEN
A silent enemy!

Suddenly it gets daylight again, and the ninja disappears

KEN
Trey, what time is it now?

TREY
5:10pm what’s going on? Have you heard from Leon?

KEN

Something strange is happening.

Suddenly it gets dark again and the ninja appears behind Ken and attacks

TREY
Ken! Ken! Come in… Leon!

A series of fight scenes happen against Ken with the ninja appearing and disappearing as the day goes from day to night. Suddenly Ken hears the voice of his master calling him.

MASTER
As different as the day is from the night and the east from the west, it is there that you should focus on the opposite.

KEN
Master is that you. Had to be, you’re the only person I know who always talked in riddles. Ok, The opposite. North from the south, east from the west. Forward, backwards.
I get it! Finally I understand one of Master’s riddles.

It turns nighttime again, but this time the ninja appears in from of Ken. Ken delivers a swift kick to the ninja just as he appears.

KEN
Yeah, the opposite.

After Leon defeats his enemy, he grabs his communicator

LEON
Trey, this is Leon, Trey…

TREY
Dang, Leon is that you!

LEON OVER RADIO
Yeah, it’s me.

TREY
I didn’t know what had happen first I lost you then Ken.

LEON
Where is Ken?

TREY
I don’t know. We lost communication shortly after I lost communication with you. What’s happening out there?

LEON
It’s too weird to explain. Look I’m gonna go look for Ken!

CUT TO

After ken Defeats his enemy, Leon comes running up to him

LEON
Ken. You ok! What happen?

KEN
I’ll explain later. You ok!

LEON
Yeah, but I think these woods are getting the best of us.

TREY
You guys ok. Come in!

LEON
Hey Trey, I found Ken. We’re ok.

KEN
Come on we better continue looking for that key.

LEON
Yeah, then get the heck outta here!

After a while of searching, it really begins to get dark. Ken spots a shiny object glowing from behind some tress.

KEN
Hey Leon, look over there.

LEON
Could it be?

KEN
Let me check the map! Yep I think that might be it.

LEON
Hey Trey I think we found it.

TREY OVER RADIO
We’ll go check it out, but be careful!

Leon and Ken walk over to the shiny object to uncover the hidden key

KEN
We got it. Trey we got it.

Leon looks behind him to spot two zombies like creatures coming towards them

LEON
That’s not all we got!

Ken looks behind him

KEN
Great.

Ken and Leon get out into the open just to spot other zombies coming their way

LEON OVER RADIO
Trey, get your but out here man, we’re gonna need some help!

TREY
I’m on my way!

KEN
I guess we’re not leaving until we say goodbye.

LEON
We’ll let’s say goodbye, our way.

A small fight scene occurs with Leon and Ken fighting the zombies, but the zombies responded as if they we’re not getting hurt at all. They would fall, but get right back up

LEON
Don’t these guys ever stay down!

KEN
Leon, we’ve got to get outta here!

Soon the zombies circle around to trap Leon and Ken in the middle until a bullet hits one of the zombies away making enough room for Leon and Ken to escape the trap.

KEN
Trey!

TREY
You guys call for a zombie exterminator.

Zombies appear left and right in front of Trey. Trey continues to fire upon the zombies, but it has little or no effect.

TREY
What is it these guys don’t die?

KEN
I think they’ve already had that experience.

LEON
Your best bet is to run.

Trey, Ken and Leon, start running with the zombies running behind them-fast

TREY
Zombies aren’t supposed to run!

LEON
These aren’t your ordinary zombies!

KEN
These are zombie warriors!

After they make it out of the forest, the Zombies stop chasing them and head back into the deep forest.

TREY
Why are the turning back.

LEON
They can’t live in the outside world.

KEN
That’s right their spirits belong to the woods now. Where the battle of the samurais and ninjas took place.

TREY
You guys get the key!

KEN
I got it!

TREY
Lets get the box out of the car.

They walk over to the car and open the car door to get the box

LEON
Go ahead Ken. Open it!



They open it to reveal one of the dragon crests

LEON
I can’t believe it. It’s beautiful!



KEN
Yeah, but there’s only one problem!

TREY
What’s that?

KEN
There ‘s supposed to be two of them!

LEON
Your right! Where’s the other one!


THE END FOR NOW!










































































































      
      
      
      
      

 

 

Copyright © 2012 Delmar Burkett
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"