One Day, My Brother And I
Saranekha Saravanan

 

One day, my brother and I…….
I was over whelmed when the bell rang and it was time to go home. I hoped on my bicycle and rode all the way home. Once my mum opened the door I was jumping with joy because tomorrow onwards I don’t have to go to school because of the summer holidays which two whole months. I can’t wait for my dad to come home and when he did I ran to him and asked I big question. Where are we going? He asked me where do I want to go and I said that I want to go to New Zealand and ride on a Camper van. He asked to go upstairs and pack all my clothes because I am not only going to New Zealand only, I am going to go to Scotland, Finland, Singapore and Japan too! I thanked him so much that I hugged him and ran upstairs.
I’m Ruby, Ruby Riot and I have four people in my family, my dad, Jonathan Riot, my mum, Lucy Riot and my younger brother, Raven Riot. We are called the Riot squad because we all have blonde hair and blue eyes and rosy red lips. Well, anyway I am so excited I packed a lot of clothes including my phone charger, a few snacks some books and a lot more things and I used up like two big suitcases and one tiny bag for all of that stuff. When I went downstairs everyone was ready with a lot of bags. My dad used up two big and huge bags and my mum used up three suitcases and my younger brother used up two suitcases. When we called the taxi, our bags couldn’t fit at all. So we managed to squeeze in everything and off we went to the airport.
Once we arrived at the airport, my dad booked four seats and we went to the airplane and sat at our seat. It was a pleasant two hours ride and after the two hours we arrived at New Zealand’s airport and then we order taxi and this time the taxi was bigger and managed to fit everything in there. Then we went off to a five star hotel called, Zealand 21. My dad booked two rooms. One for me and my mum and one for him and my younger brother because he knew that there be would not enough beds for four of us. Our room number B021 and B022. My mum and I took room numbered B021 and my dad and my younger brother took room number B022. Once my mum and I entered the room I ran to a bed and laid both of my big suitcases on the big and comfy bed and I put my tiny bag on the floor next to my bed. The room was big and it had two big beds with a side table next to each of the comfy beds. The pillows on the beds were very fluffy.
There two wardrobes and a big table and a television. There is also a tiny kitchen area and a door to the bathroom. The bathroom was warm and really big with a giant sink. My mum hurried to her bag and took out her lotion and cream and everything she needs and filled up the sink with it. I arranged the wardrobe with all my clothes and arranged the table with all my books and took out my phone and my phone charger and charged my phone and I was ready to take a shower. Once my mum was done in arranging everything on the bathroom shelf, I went in and took a shower in cold water and it was really relaxing. After I was done with my shower I put on my jeans and I nice T-shirt and opened the door and walked out of the bathroom. Then my mum went into the bathroom and I stood at the mirror and I started combing my beautiful long blonde hair which I adore the most. I tied up my hair and I clipped a blue bow on my hair. I looked cute and I applied some cherry sider lip-gloss to my rosy lips.
Once mum is done with her routine then I packed up my tiny bag. Inside it I kept my water bottle, some chips (in case of emergency), my phone, my laptop, my camera, extra clothes, a notebook, my pencil case and my power bank. I even brought a cap and a small towel in case of sweat. My mum knocked on my father and my younger brother’s door and both of them came out of the room and off we went out of our hotel and we waited for our tour bus and then when it arrived we hoped on it and went straight to place. In that place there were museums and lots of other stuff which were cool and interesting and the tour guide explained a lot of things and I took note of every one of them and took a lot of pictures. I was planning to write an interesting blog about my trip to New Zealand later when I go back to the hotel.
After a few hours we went to a restaurant and got some food. The food was outstanding and I felt like I want to keep on eating. After the meal we hoped on our tour bus again and went to an ancient museum where there were lots of ancient statue and again I took a lot of photos and wrote down a lot of notes and filled up my whole notebook which had a 100 pages. Then later we arrived and the souvenir shop and I bought a wallet and another notebook and then a guy came up to dad and said if he buy one cap he will get 6 caps for free and my dad bought it. Later, we got a bus back to the hotel and when I got back to my room I took a quick shower and I changed into my pyjamas and sat on the table and started my blog when mum watched some television (TV). After two hours later, I finished my blog and I posted it on the internet. I ate some of my chips and joined my mum at the TV.
After a few moments later we slept and the next day we went to a park and I saw a lot of butterflies and I learned about each and every one of them and took notes and took a lot of photos. Then we went to another museum and saw a lot of stuff and again I took a lot of notes and photos. Later we got some pizza and went to this fascinating place with lots of objects. It was a fun at New Zealand but I had to leave after one week and I was really disappointed and later we visited lots of other places to like Scotland, Finland and many more. I got to take lots of notes and photos and managed to write like a lot of blogs. My favourite country I visited was Scotland because I made a friend and now I have a friend in another country. I was also inspired by their culture and their clothing. It was all so new and I love new things. My friend is called Johnson and he has red hair and brown eyes. His hobby is swimming and playing soccer. He is really good at it and is unstoppable. His talent is dancing and he has a passion in science. His favourite movie is Rampage and it is kind of popular in whole wide world. If you haven’t watch it then better watch it. He has five dogs and 20 puppies. He also a parrot and six rabbits. He has 34 gold fish and 2 hamsters and he has lot of responsibility and he really takes good care every pet never forgets to feed any of it at all. His father is a doctor and his mother is a nurse. He has 7 brothers and sisters and I know that is a lot of people in his family and he lives in a bungalow just like me and he even has a giant swimming pool which is even heated. Even I also have a giant swimming pool but it is not heated at all. He is like the best kid I ever seen because he is so polite and kind. I like him a lot and we are good friends an di told him that I will visit him every month and he said that he will visit me every month. I love my summer holiday and all my friends and school but I love only one thing the most which is my family because without them I could have never been on this amazing trip and met Johnson. I thanked them and I hoped that I can visit all these places again.

 

 

Copyright © 2018 Saranekha Saravanan
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"