Love, English Style (Chapter Twelve)
Caroline Woodson

 

CHAPTER TWELVE
 
            Hannah paced nervously around the living room awaiting Jared’s arrival. He had telephoned her early this Saturday morning to ask if she was free for dinner tonight. He apologized for it being a last minute call but explained that he’d gotten home later the night before than he’d expected and hadn’t wanted to disturb her sleep. If possible his voice sounded even sexier over the phone and Hannah’s body reacted as if he were standing next to her. For a very brief moment Hannah considered telling him that she already had plans. She didn’t want to seem too eager. She couldn’t bring herself to do that however, and when Jared suggested he pick her up at six o’clock she agreed.
Hannah spent the rest of the day on pins and needles, her emotions ranging from excitement to anxiety to down right fear. She wasn’t afraid of Jared of course, just how he made her feel. Okay, she was a little afraid she wouldn’t be able to keep her hands off him. It was forty-five minutes to the restaurant in Lufkin and they would be so close to each other in the cab of that truck. Hannah could actually feel her blood pressure begin to elevate and her body start to tingle. In an effort to calm down Hannah sat down on the couch and opened the book of poetry.
 The ringing doorbell startled Hannah. Jared! Oh God reading that erotic poetry had not been such a good idea before seeing Jared considering the state she was in emotionally and physically. She fought to climb out of the sensual daze before she faced Jared.


Clutching the book to her chest Hannah opened the door and had to swallow a gasp. My God, if possible the man was even more gorgeous in a western cut suit. It fit him to perfection especially across his wide shoulders and those trousers molded his thighs and the impressive package between them to absolute perfection.
 “Hi Hannah said, trying with all her might to keep Jared from seeing how affected she was just by the sight of him.
Jared stepped inside, his dark eyes caressing Hannah from head to toe. He took in Hannah’s sexy little black dress and those heels that made her legs look like they went on forever. Just for a moment an image flashed through Jared’s mind of those legs locked around his waist. His gaze raked its way down her body again and his breath caught. Her legs were bare. His body responded immediately.
Jared whistled softly as he slowly shook his head. “Damn Hannah, are you trying’ to give me a heart attack on our first date? His eyes were as black as coal and stared hotly into hers.
Hannah felt her whole body blushing and she couldn’t think of a thing to say. She’d just gone completely stupid. Finally tearing her eyes away from Jared’s she managed to choke out, “I’m ready, I just have to get my purse.
Still clutching the book she walked to the table where she’d left her purse. She totally missed the tortured look on Jared’s face and his soft groan as he watched her walk away from him, the sway of her hips in that snug black dress mesmerizing him. Damn, she had a nice ass.


When she turned around she found that Jared had silently followed her into the room and was now standing so close she could feel the warmth of his breath. He caressed her shoulders and eyes glittering, pulled her towards him, but the book she still held got in the way. Jared slid the book from her arms and glanced down at it, intending to toss it onto the couch but when he saw the title he stopped and smiled at Hannah, very pleased that she’d been reading his book.
Hannah realized Jared still held the book and was a little embarrassed that Jared had caught her reading it. Nervously she said, “I found that in my grandparent’s bedroom. It must be the one you gave them.
 “What did you think of it, he asked hoping she’d slip again and tell him she’d been aroused by his words.
  Not wanting Jared to know how much his words had affected her Hannah shrugged as she set the book on the table. “I’ve really only read a couple of pages. I’m no critic but I thought it was very good. Jared took her hand and led her outside, pausing on the porch to look up at the night sky. Still holding her hand Jared leaned down and brushed his lips over hers. Then he brought both hands up to frame her face and his mouth took hers again.
It was a wonderfully sweet, agonizing kiss. Hannah wanted more. She stepped closer, her body just brushing his. Jared drew back and looked into her eyes, saw the desire and fought for control. Softly he said, “I’ve been waiting’ to do that all week darlin’ but if you get any closer I can’t promise we’ll ever make it to the restaurant.


The restaurant was one that Hannah had never been to. It was small, dimly lit and intimate. Hannah was already on edge after spending forty-five minutes in the very close confines of Jared’s sports car. Hannah hadn’t been able to hide her surprise when she saw he wasn’t in his truck.
 “No truck tonight? She asked.
 “I thought this would be more appropriate for tonight although I wouldn’t have minded watching you climb into my truck in that dress. Smiling, he eyed her legs as she climbed into the low-slung car. Hannah tried to pull the hem of the dress down a little even though she was secretly pleased that Jared couldn’t seem to keep his eyes off her.
The dress had been an impulse buy. She hadn’t even tried it on and after she got it home had decided to take it right back. She’d hung it in her closet and forgotten about it until she was staring into her closet agonizing over what to wear on her first date with Jared. She was glad now that she hadn’t taken it back and if she could just get through the evening without flashing anyone everything would be fine. Well, maybe flashing Jared wouldn’t be such a bad idea. That thought got her a little hot and Hannah reached out to adjust the air conditioning vent. Hannah smiled inwardly. What she really needed was to have the garden hose turned on her but the cool air in the car would have to do.
Now they were seated at a little intimate table tucked away in the corner, the flickering candles creating a sensual, dreamy atmosphere. Hannah couldn’t help but be affected by it or by the man sitting so close to her his hard thigh pressed against hers.


They ordered their meals and while they waited they talked about everything from politics and religion to sports. Jared was delighted Hannah loved football as much as he did and they had quite a bit of fun arguing whose team was the best. Lying just below the surface of their casual conversation the sexual tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Both were trying to ignore it and failing. Every time they looked at one another a powerful current arced between them.
Their dinner finally arrived but Hannah was too wired to eat much. God what was wrong with her she wondered. This was just a date, for crying out loud. No, she corrected herself this is not just a date. I’ve been waiting for this since I was sixteen. Hannah picked at her food, pushing it around on the plate. Maybe I’ve become obsessed with the idea of having Jared she thought. Maybe I should just sleep with him and get him out of my system. She had always known he wasn’t a forever kind of guy. It’s not like she was asking him for a commitment. She could just live out her fantasy to its inevitable conclusion, then she could find a man who wanted the same things out of life that she did, specifically, marriage and children.
 Jared cleared his throat and Hannah’s eyes flew up to his. He looked at her through narrowed eyes. “What’s going’ on in that head of yours Hannah? Are you already regretting’ going’ out with me?
 “No I don’t regret it, she said softly.
 “Well I know you aren’t interested in eating. You’ve been pushing’ that food around on your plate for about five minutes now. What’re you thinkin’?


Hannah took a deep breath, which caused her full breasts to almost pop out of the low neckline of her dress. A corresponding fullness began throbbing against the confines of Jared’s tight slacks. Jared could tell Hannah didn’t have a bra on and he wondered if she’d bothered with any underwear at all tonight. He nearly groaned at the thought that she might be completely bare under that little dress.
Hannah eyed Jared’s dinner and said, “You didn’t exactly clean your plate either, you know.
Jared drew a shaky breath, his hand going under the table to rest on Hannah’s bare thigh. “I have other larger appetites occupying’ me right now. His hand traveled slowly upward, urging her legs slightly apart, feeling her heat. In a deep gravelly voice he whispered, “The only thing I want to eat right now baby, is you. Was your thinkin’ along those same lines?
Hannah stared into Jared’s dark fathomless eyes and nodded breathlessly. “I’m sorry I ever wanted to slow this attraction we have down. I can’t believe I thought we could slow it down. It’s oh God, she shuddered as Jared’s hand reached the apex of her thighs and he caressed her through her damp silk panties.
Jared’s cock responded to the wetness he felt between Hannah’s thighs. If they had been alone, Jared would have released his straining member, pulled Hannah on top of him and slid into her hot, slick body.


Hannah stared into Jared’s eyes as his fingers continued to gently move over her wetness. Wanting Jared to know that she didn’t expect anything permanent from him, wanting to get that out of the way she said, “I know it’s just sex Jared, and that it will never be anything more. Her breath hitched as Jared slightly increased the pressure of his caressing touch and Hannah lost her train of thought. She reached down to still his hand just as Jared slipped a finger under the elastic of her panties. Hannah bit her lip at the intense pleasure that flooded through her. She knew she was lost, knew there was no turning back now. She closed her eyes and clutched the edge of the table as the orgasm rocked through her.
Hannah opened her eyes to find Jared staring at her. The effort to restrain himself was evident on his face and in his breathing. Hannah glanced briefly around them thankful that none of the other diners were aware of the monumental release that had roared through her body a few moments ago.
Jared continued to stare at Hannah unable to believe the incredible response he’d gotten from what had begun as a little erotic teasing. Damn, her body was so receptive to his touch and it was making him insane. He dug some bills out of his pocket and threw them on the table. Grabbing Hannah’s hand he said roughly, “Let’s get the hell outta here.

 

 

Copyright © 2005 Caroline Woodson
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"