Love, English Style (Chapter Thirteen)
Caroline Woodson

 

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
 
Hannah's body tingled all over as Jared's car sped through the humid east Texas night. When they'd walked out of the restaurant a few minutes ago she had been two seconds away from suggesting that they find the nearest hotel with its vacancy sign lit up. But Jared had trapped her between the cool metal of his car and the hard heat of his body. With eyes glittering darkly into hers he'd told her, "We could find a hotel here in Lufkin, and God knows I can't wait much longer to have you, but what I really want...what I need is you in my house, in my bed. Will you come home with me Hannah?"
Hannah barely had time to whisper a "yes" before Jared had taken her mouth in a kiss so devastatingly carnal, so bone melting, so sensual she was still having trouble catching her breath. Hannah glanced at the speedometer and saw that Jared was pushing eighty miles an hour. She had to bite her tongue to keep from asking him to drive faster.
Jared's eye caught Hannah's and he smiled a little sheepishly. His foot eased off the gas pedal. "I guess I'm in kind of a hurry." He sighed. "I was just cussing' these damn bucket seats. If we were in the truck you would be sitting' here close to me with my arm around you."
Hannah shifted in her seat, turning toward Jared as much as her seatbelt would allow. She laid her hand high on Jared's thigh and felt the tension in those strong muscles. "My hand would be right there probably stroking you like this." Her hand began making lazy circles around his inner thigh and ever so slightly brushing the straining hardness beneath his zipper.
Jared hissed in a breath. "Damn Hannah, you�re making� me crazy.


Jared groaned low when he heard Hannah's soft, husky laugh while her hand continued to wander and he realized she was enjoying her teasing role. He made a mental note to pay her back when he finally had her naked in his bed.
 Hannah felt the car speed up and knew without looking that the speedometer was nearing eighty again. She looked at Jared's profile in the darkened car and felt the unleashed strength beneath her hand. He was doing his best to keep his mind on driving and while she didn't want to cause him to lose control of the car she did want to make him lose control of those tightly held emotions. "You know Jared I can't wait to see your home but if we'd stayed in Lufkin..." Hannah paused unsure how to finish the sentence.
Jared turned to her for a quick, hot look and then in a choked voice finished it for her with, "I'd already be deep inside you, I know. Don't you think I've already thought about that? Hell, this is the longest drive I've ever made in my life." He reached down and held Hannah's hand still on his thigh then raised it to his lips and gently kissed her palm, then the inside of her wrist, his tongue flicking out to wet both places.
Hannah's breath caught at the intimate touch and she gently pulled her hand away and sat back in her seat. Her breathing shallow, her nipples tight, she closed her eyes for a moment trying to regain a little composure. Her eyes flew open when Jared slid the back of his finger down the slope of her left breast and over that taut nipple. She couldn't keep from arching her back into that touch. Nor could she stop the low moan that escaped her. Hannah turned her head slowly to stare at Jared�s strong profile, his face showing the strain of his repressed desire. Her body on fire Hannah whispered, �Faster Jared, drive faster.


Jared glanced from Hannah�s flushed face in time to see a mile marker as they sped by. Thank God, only ten more miles. Relief was just a few more miles away. Jared looked back at Hannah and found her watching him, her lips slightly parted, her breathing shallow. The pulse at the base of her throat was beating wildly. His body aching Jared gripped the steering wheel with both hands and pressed even harder on the gas as they took a sharp curve.
They saw the flashing lights when they rounded the curve. However, these weren�t the flashing lights of the bars on beer joint road. Instead they were the red and blue lights of two highway patrol vehicles. Through the lights they could just make out the shadows of the twisted metal that had once been a van and a truck. There had obviously been a collision and from where they sat it looked to be pretty bad. Jared muttered a low curse then pulled the car onto the grass and out of the way of the emergency vehicles. �I have to see if I can help, Hannah said as they exited the car. Jared nodded, �Of course, and I�ll see what I can do.
 
Hours later Hannah stood under the hot spray of her shower letting the steamy water ease the fatigue and muscle aches from her body. The accident was much worse than they had imagined and there had been several injured people. Hannah�s medical training had kicked in and she�d helped the people she could while they waited for the ambulances to arrive. All in all there had been three ambulances and it had taken what seemed like forever to get everyone safely boarded and on their way to the hospital.
 


Hannah finished her shower and dried herself on the way to bed. She slid naked onto the soft, sweet smelling sheets and snuggled under the covers. The sheets felt so good on her bare skin and as she lay there staring at the ceiling she realized that while the shower had lessened the ache in her muscles it had done nothing to alleviate the ache between her thighs. So what was she going to do about it? She had been so very tired when they�d finally reached her house that when Jared suggested she just climb into bed and get some sleep she�d readily agreed. Now however, she was restless, aching again with the same intensity as when they�d left the restaurant. Did she dare call Jared and tell him she�d changed her mind? He was just next-door after all. No she had a better idea. Hannah slid out of bed and began tugging on some clothes.
                        Jared was out in his workshop putting the finishing touches on a wooden cradle he had made for his niece or nephew. His brothers� wife was due any day now and Jared wanted to give them the cradle before they brought the baby home. After he�d left Hannah he�d come straight home. Knowing there would be no sleeping for him tonight he�d taken a quick shower, started a pot of coffee and began to work on the cradle. Disappointment didn�t begin to describe how he�d felt when he�d left Hannah. Frustration wasn�t a strong enough word either, but Hannah had looked so wiped out he knew she needed to rest. Jared sighed and tried to ignore his throbbing body. Just then he saw a flash of light as a car pulled into his drive.


Hannah parked next to Jared�s �Vette and had just turned the ignition off when Jared strode out of his workshop. Bare chested, dressed only in a pair of loose sweat pants he was the picture of a perfect male. Suddenly out of breath, Hannah climbed from her car and tried to tell Jared with her eyes what she wanted. Jared�s gaze stabbed into hers telling her he knew why she was there. Damn, he was already hard. His long legged stride closed the distance between them. Without a word he jerked Hannah into his arms as his mouth descended on hers.
Jared�s kiss was hard, bruising and untamed with all the passion and frustration that had been building between them since Hannah had moved next door. Hannah�s arms were tight around his neck and she whimpered into his mouth. Jared lifted Hannah off her feet and she clasped her legs around his waist trying to get closer to his incredible heat. Hannah heard a distant rumbling and wasn�t sure if the noise was thunder or a sound from deep within Jared.
Then it began to rain. It was a soft, gentle, steady rain. Jared sat Hannah down on the hood of his �Vette. They were already soaked. Jared watched Hannah�s eyes as they followed the raindrops making a path down his chest and over his stomach to disappear into the material of his sweat pants riding low on his hips. Her eyes widened when they stopped on his straining erection perfectly outlined in those wet sweats. Her tongue darted out to wet her lips and Jared groaned, �Hannah?
It was then Hannah�s eyes met his. Holding his gaze she pulled her soaked t-shirt over her head. Any blood Jared had left in his upper body immediately shot south. He actually felt light headed. Hannah had been stunning in that wet t-shirt but nothing, nothing could compare with the sight of her sitting half naked in the rain on the hood of his car, the raindrops tiny points of light gliding down her body. Jared knew that for the rest of his life that picture would be etched into his memory. He also knew there was no way in hell he was ever going to sell that car.


Jared stepped between Hannah�s parted thighs and took her mouth again. His lips seared hers, his tongue making a slow sensual foray deep into the sweetness of her mouth. God, she tasted so good. Jared thought he could go on kissing her like this forever, but the lower region of his body was screaming for release. His breathing ragged, Jared picked Hannah up once again, both of them groaning at the pleasure of her naked breasts against his chest.
 �Baby lets go inside, Jared whispered. By now Hannah was mindless, wild with the need she�d been feeling to some degree or other since she was sixteen. She looked toward the house and deciding it was too far she shook her head and said, �No Jared. I want you and I don�t want to wait another second. Jared�s eyes darkened even more as lightening flashed across the sky. She pushed him over the edge when she took his face in her hands, looked him straight in the eye and said huskily, �I want you right here, right now. Please Jared.
Jared�s brain ceased to function and instinct took over. He steeled himself against the clamoring of his own need and focused on Hannah. Just enough light spilled from the workshop for him to take in the picture Hannah made. Her soft, pale skin a contrast to the blackness of the car as she leaned back against the hood, pulling him with her. Hannah gasped as her back slid against the cool metal but she was soon warmed straight through when Jared leaned over her, his weight on his hands, his tongue licking the rain from her breasts. Hannah drew her knees up and locked her ankles around Jared�s waist urging him to cover her body fully. Jared groaned into the sweet curve of her neck when his erection settled into the heat between her thighs.


            God, he was losing control faster than he ever had before. He couldn�t wait any longer to have her. He stood and loosening Hannah�s grip on his waist tore her satin running shorts from her body. Breathing heavily Jared stared down at Hannah, now fully naked. It only barely registered in his mind that she hadn�t worn any underwear when she�d come to him. He grasped each leg behind the knee and brought Hannah closer to the edge of the car before he dropped to his knees in front of her. The gravel bit into his knees but Jared failed to notice. He kissed the inside of one thigh and then the other trying to slow things down a bit, but Hannah wasn�t having any of that. She reached down, cupped the back of his head and drew him to her burning center. Jared gently parted her with his thumbs and his tongue darted into her dewy softness. Hannah came apart then, her cries buffeted by the rain and the wind swirling around them.
          Jared stood and slid the sweats down his legs and lifting her bottom with his hands thrust into her. Hannah moaned as he filled her again and again. �My God Hannah, he rasped. �Baby, you�re so tight so wet. God Hannah, I can�t wait. Jared�s finger found her slick center again and Hannah climaxed around him, her inner muscles contracting around his swollen cock. Jared thrust once more and his cries echoed hers.

 

 

Copyright © 2005 Caroline Woodson
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"