www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Songs - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry - Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Can You Smell The Rain by Brion' O Neil (2)
"A nicely painted picture...good job!" -- km.
"I really loved this. The lyrics were wonderful! It has such a vivid quality to it. Oh, and thank you for your reviews! They're much appreciated!" -- Hayley Burdett.


After All Those Years by Brion' O Neil (3)
"I love it, Brian. It was about time for you to publish something about yourself. I also love the way you put the title. It flows nicely, and of course, the chorus, at the end. You know, you do challenge me with some words but I enjoy learning more and more!" -- Dri.
"HI BRIAN I WAS WONDERING IF YOU HAVE MUSIC TO ANY OF YOUR SONG'S AND IF SO ARE THEY ON THE MARKET? IF NOT I MIGHT BE ABLE TO MAKE A DEMO FOR FREE IT WOULD JUST BE GUITAR DRUMS AND LEAD ON 4 TRACK TAPE JUST TO SEE HOW THEY SOUND WITH MUSIC." -- K. POFFENBERGER, USA.
"I am just a Lyricist with just a pen and a prayer.The only thing that I'm doing right now is selectively entering lyric contests, hoping to get just one song going with production at no cost(because I won). Feel free to do what you like. If you would like to discuss it [email protected]" -- Brian O Neil.


A Recipe Of Pretend by Brion' O Neil (4)
"beautiful......and sad......" -- Dri.
"very moving and i suspect painful to write." -- just a guy.
"I love the analogies..." -- e.rocco caldwell.
"easier to write after a couple of dinners served, but it's only fiction! Thank you for your enjoying my picture...jag and thanks Rocco for getting it!" -- Brian O Neil.


Her Empty Chair Beside Me (Revised) by Brion' O Neil (3)
"so I placed her picture next to the phone, "on her favorite chair,I miss her, what a doll then I'm standing next to that chair, waitin' for her to call" These are my favorite lines. I love it, Brian, as usual. Wonderful work! " -- Dri.
"Yes, and this is the main part of the song...The CHORUS !" -- Brian.
"This is nicely done...add some guitar and away you go..." -- KM.


A Human Life Too Short by Stuart Eric Longridge (3)
"A well written & beautiful heart-felt write!" -- Monte.
"NOW, that is passion from the heart...bravo ...it's without any shite." -- Brian O Neil.
"When you get a chance read my "The Only Gods"." -- Brian O Neil.


Mothers And Daughters by Dri Cook (3)
"Great work Dri Cook and Brian O�Neil. You two are a fantastic team. Another sad and touching piece. The optimism at the end was an excellent touch. Great work once again. "why does it take ages for you to understand,that mothers are a gift of gold and no matter how much you're hurting,don't leave me out in the cold." I strongly agree! " -- ryan severud.
"thanks, Ryan! I feel very, very honored to work with Brian O'Neil." -- Dri.
"A wonderful song with powerful lyrics that sends a beautiful message! A fine tribute to mothers & daughters everywhere, written from the heart...kudo's to both you & Brian! " -- RAM, usa.


Whispers In The Dark by Brion' O Neil (1)
"great job once again, Brian. It does picture the war very nicely. I love the first two lines: "We've been here for so long, or so it seems to piece back together other peoples broken dreams". I also like the way you place the title in the chorus text. The title fits perfectly. Nicely done, as usual, Brian. You always get me hooked, wanting to read more of your work. " -- Dri.


These Broken Wings by Brion' O Neil (4)
"you brought tears to my eyes......what a beautiful writing, Brian!" -- Dri.
"Wow touchy stuff... I really liked it. I'm not usually into this kind of read, but i read it twice. Fine work!" -- ryan, San Diego, CA.
"beautiful" -- km.
"This is really nice work,it's a little different from what i'm used too but i like it anyhow." -- Brian L.


Zoffany(The Master Of Stage Coaches) by Amarjit Bhambra (1)
"This has an 18 Century kind of feel." -- Amy, London, UK.


What Are You Thinking by Shelley J Alongi (1)
"that an interesting way to depict a deaf man's view of heatache and longing. I don't understand the "looking out the window you are so surreal part." What is the acutal thought that you are trying to convey by using the word "surreal."" -- John-Paul Lewis, Montebello, CA, usa.


Warm Pillow by Brion' O Neil (2)
"I like this one. But the second chorus does not have the title in it. Is that ok?? Just thinking about what you told me days ago. Nice, Brian, as usual! Sexy and yet sweet!" -- Dri, sao paulo, sp, Brazil.
"This is great...one of the best I've read of yours." -- km (michelle).


The Right To Twinkle by Brion' O Neil (6)
"nicely done :)" -- km.
"a nice tribute!" -- Dri.
"I agree she was intoxicating...great tribute to a wonderful lovely lady!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Thank you Rocco, I wrote this 12 years ago, and waited for "candle ..." to die down, "so here she is"" -- Brian O Neil.
"Very sweet... Because of my young age (17) I was never into Marilyn, but I know of her and her work. Get a guitar going and I'll listen. Well done." -- ryan severud, san diego, CA.
"hehe to Ryan...." -- KM.


The Dawn Is You by Brion' O Neil (1)
"Wonderful and VERY VERY SEXY! Hey, take a look at the word SURPRISE. You typed it wrong. Do NOT forget this is my job now: to make reviews in English - (just kidding). Anyway, Brian, this is beautiful!!! Lucky her, if she is real, if not, well, you pictured it very well, anyway! To wake up like this...what a bliss (wow, the rhyme was NOT on purpose). I did notice the repetition of words in the chorus. It does make the difference in lyrics, doesn't it? Nice!! " -- Dri.


Sweet Daydreams And Candy Hearts by Brion' O Neil (1)
"perhaps I should add a Chorus in mine? Have you read again WOULD YOU MAIL YOUR HEART TO ME?? I did sort of what you suggested me......please, take a look when you can..........thanks, Brian!" -- Dri.


Shadow As My Friend by Brion' O Neil (2)
"this is sad...how could I have missed this one? A true story? " -- Dri.
"fiction, my dear." -- Brian O Neil.


One Potato Two by Brion' O Neil (2)
"wonderful....... am wondering if this is also real?? Oh well, you don't need to tell me!" -- Dri.
"Not real AT ALL!" -- Brian O Neil.


Once, Twice, Sold by Brion' O Neil (2)
"I liked this idea very much but thought some of the rhyming seemed forced and the construct a bit chaotic. I did enjoy the first stanza very much along with the last one. I would love to hear this with music!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"male prostitution, I suppose is rather difficult to concieve, and yes, the whole process is chaotic( a competitive auction for action) Yes, as always, if you rhyme using short sentences in poetry, the rhyme does seem forced,; but this is designed quick lyric (country or rock-a-billy. as it is, roll reversal; even though it exsists." -- Brian O Neil.


My Love For You Michelle by Robert E Tadlock (1)
"Good job,but it would be even better if your chorus were just a little longer...one more rhyming verse, but it has a good timbre and it flows, you love your wife, and it shows." -- Brian O Neil.


Mr. Me,Me,Do by Amarjit Bhambra (1)
"Made this up when my granson came around, It found it so funny, (I don't know why). It must have been the way l sang it to him." -- Amy, Hayes, UK.


Lavender Field by Brion' O Neil (3)
"it's lovely! I can almost "hear" the song for it. And of course, the title is great! I have some questions, though, but will talk to you on email later on." -- Dri.
"Very touching... bravo!--"now that my fantasy is over I turn and say goodby as I 'm walking down the path I hear a whispering sigh" That is my favorite line. " -- ryan severud.
"I love this song. Gorgeous lyrics and such wonderful rhyming. Nice job! It actually sounds like it could be an acoustic song.. or maybe some sort of folk song, not sure if that's what you had in mind for it. But, nonetheless, it's great. " -- Hayley Burdett.


I've Only Got One Question For You by Shelley J Alongi (2)
"This is a very workable poem...there is a lot of good stuff in it. The line hey you with the stars in your stars is fantastic. It tells the reader that the person is ambitious. I thought dreaming for the futurereaching for the skies is overused by too many writers. I did like the would you come be my dream though. All in all very nice." -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Hi e. rocco Caldwell, thanks for the review I know you lke to read my work. The line about dreamin of the future, reaching for the skies is one I've used before in "Hey Little Dreamer" and also a song I wrote eight years ago not published here called "Listen." It is an overused line, but most great ones are! Thanks for the compliments and the comments. Shelley" -- Shelley, Fullerton, ca, USA.


I've Gambled On Love by Brion' O Neil (3)
"I like your poems and I try to imagine how they would sound in songs....thanks for your feedbacks on my poems, Brian. It's a shame that you don't have an email for us to get in touch and exchange ideas. But I'm glad we can do it here, at Storymania...your friend:" -- Dri.
"HERE IT IS!" -- Brian O Neil.
"[email protected]" -- Brian O Neil.


I Hate Making Titles 2 by Rae (1)
"sad song told so well again, with or without a title." -- JAG.


All Night Cafe by Brion' O Neil (2)
"gosh, I did not realize that this also was yours....I should pay more attention. i loved this one but i only realized it was yours after you leaving feedback on mine....thanks, Brian...keep up the good work! i just love the title for this one......" -- Dri.
"Hey I like it,Awesome job!!!" -- Brian L.


The War Of Gods Serpent Princes by Stuart Eric Longridge (2)
"Stu, this is fantastic! I really enjoyed many of the lines you use in this piece but mainly because it's so true. What is up with this administration desire to blow everyone up? Again...excellent!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"You are killing me with rhyme...spread it out and organize. Study lyrics and listen to music.Your lyrics are forced. Make the distance between the rhymes shorter with longer sentences. Study Bob Dylan, he is a master of our age." -- Brian O Neil.


The Hero by Narinder Bhambra (2)
"I can see why you were a finalist. You have a great comman of words!" -- e, roccc caldwell.
"I thought my poems were not good at first,and i use simple rhyming words. But when my work got published and the editors commented that i had a unique vision in poetic artistry i was over the moon. Painters express themselves in colour and i as poet like to express my inner feeling, emotions etc., via poetry. I would once again like to thank you for your kind comments. I am hoping other people too would take their time to comment on my work. " -- Bhambra, Hayes, Middlesex, England.


Showed The Door by Narinder Bhambra (3)
"I liked this sweet little song!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to read it." -- bhambra, Hayes, Middlesex, Britain.
"I LIKED IT, BUT I WOLD CHANGE A FEW WORDS ;HAS ANY BODY EVER ; HAS LIFE TAKEN YOU ;LIKE A LEAF IT FALLS ;THESE THREE LINES . very good though ; feel free to review my work,new titles" -- KURT POFFENBERGER, us.


Ringing Of War by Rae (1)
"Absolutely awesome!!! I play guitar Rae and I can so see this as an alternative rock song. Great work!! As usual :)" -- KM (Michelle).


One Look Back by Rachel Wnuk (3)
"Great! Real talent!" -- sammi.
"What was this?" -- Billy.
"mbufqji xblptmh egtar vezqjaong ahfy ofwrk dauyl" -- nzfcjp dbcmatqe, hsbw, CA, USA.


Meaning Of Life by Karina Lizet Perez (3)
"Liked this poem, it was a deep reflection (pardon the terminology) on a lot of issues. I also liked this poem's sense of injustice in a "world full of hate". The meaning of life popped in there too, which I think a lot of people question and/or take it for granted. I like your style in writing, there's obvious potential in your usage of words and perhaps personal issues give it that extra lick of paint. Good job :) " -- Buxton.
"Thanks...its a song actually =)" -- Karina, Sydro, CA, United States.
"In order for this or anything else you write to be a song... It's gotta rhyme and there has to be a chorus with the title in it...there rules. Otherwise it's poetry." -- Harry.


No Matter At All by David B Doc Byron (1)
"This wonderfully writeen, Doc." -- e. rocco caldwell.


I'm Not The One by Tom King (1)
"wow ...... that is very powerful. I have had the same feelings many times before and you captured it in a very good way " -- wouldnt u like to know.


Devil Screams by Rae (1)
"You have got so much talent and so much professional potential." -- Josh / Axey.


You Are Too Good by Cass (1)
"This is Good. You can very the frustration in every word! " -- e. rocco caldwell.


The Lights Gone by Karina Lizet Perez (1)
"Nicely done! There's a lot of emotion in this song and you can tell this one was really felt! It even makes me feel it, too! Good job!" -- Hayely Burdett.


Pilot's Song by Shelley J Alongi (5)
"nice little song!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"I'm glad you like it. Still haven't shows it to the pilot yet. :):" -- Shelley, Fullerton, Ca, USA.
"Excellant! I wish I had 10% of your writing skills....." -- Dale.
"Beautiful lyrics Shelly!" -- Monte.
"Interesting imagery." -- Stranded.


Pain In Departure by Cass (1)
"If this is a song, where is the rhyme?" -- Brian O Neil.


My Own War Zone by Karina Lizet Perez (3)
"There truly are no winners in war! Well written and well said!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Good work, Enjoyed the rage lines at the end, gave it that extra... umph!!" -- Buxton.
"Yeah i like this,things are coming to a head when the world will see the faces of the other terrorists.I wonder if you would like to read my series of five poems called Iraq Attack,they might have info that your not accustomed to but its all based on fact not on heavily edited tv reports.Keep up the good work." -- Stuart Eric Longridge, Belfast, N,Ireland.


Love Sucks Sometimes by Jerry Velazquez (5)
"so is this a rap because it's pretty good if it is! " -- e. rocco caldwell.
"I really liked it a lot...it seems like you put a lot of your emotional thoughts into it, good job. keep writting. your friend Karina" -- Karina, San Diego, CA, U.S.A.
"alright i fucking hate you. i hope you fucking GO TO HELL! YOU OFFENDED MY ASS. YOU TALKING ABOUT GIRLS? GUYS SHOULD TALK ABOUT YOUR MOM CUZ SHE LOOKS HOT IN LEATHER. GO TAKE A HUGE SHIT. THEN DROWN YOURSELF IN THE TOILET. I HOPE YOU SUFFER A DEBILITATING BRAIN ANUERYSM YOU FREAK. CANT SPELL CRAP WITHOUT RAP YA DICK. WELL G2G BEEP BEEP YOU LOSERS." -- jono.
"yahte you you dick." -- HENRY.
"It sucks you ass hole i take what i said back!! and every single WORD! BYE BYE love your enemy" -- Karina, Sydro, CA.


Live Life Rock N Roll by Karina Lizet Perez (1)
"hey awsome song!" -- wouldnt u like to know.


I Broke His Wings by Cass (2)
"Damn! You're really into crushing the things you love! Again this is very good and relays your intent of a suffocating love!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"i am merely looking at your song and doing editing revisions....you might want to change your line "what you're really am to me" . do you mean "what you really are to me" ?" -- lisa , janesville, iowa, usa.


Between Death And Life by Karina Lizet Perez (1)
"morbid but well written. I enjoyed the use of underground and light and dark." -- e. rocco caldwell.


When Are You Really Real?? by Buxton (1)
"This is very good...i really like the line "for you I'd burn my heart, re-create it and make a brand new start"...excellent!" -- Michelle.


The Wish by David B Doc Byron (3)
"such sad yearning...loved it!" -- ruadh.
"Very good, Doc. I didn't think you have such passion." -- e. rocco caldwell.
"well done.. seems u really luved some 1..... u can writ e betr i wanna add a para to it although ,i wish i wud have told u i love u, but silence spoke on behalf of me ,it said ur there besides me,now ur no more..but ill always says i love sea which i always wanted 2 explore n to say.i ll love u tommorow n everyday " -- suchita , kolkata, india, west bengal.


Schism by Rae (2)
"dude THE TITLE OF THE SONG THING IS THE TITLE OF A TOOL SONG YOU PERSON STEALER PERSON THAT STEALS TITLES!!!" -- rADIER hATER.
"this is a very good song. I;m going to look at some of your other work." -- wouldnt u like to know.


Running Out Of Air by Collins (3)
"This isn't bad. It's difficult to judge because I'm sure with the right music it would be lovely. I like the wording. I thought it was a good song" -- caldwell.
"Wow! This is good stuff. I haven't read much of your stuff but I have read 2 of your novels and this song. We should talk more. my email's [email protected]. ~Lucy Midnight~" -- Lucy Midnight, Beaver Dam, USA, KY.
"I agree with Caldwell; not bad at all. In fact, very good. Even though I tend to dabble mainly in horror and EXTREME horror and splatter, I do still do appreciate true talent in other genres as well. Good job!" -- David Con, vincennes, ind, usa.


Hate by Javi Ca-Bad-As (2)
"It's very easy to sit back and criticize the government. How involved are you in politics? What have you contributed? Are you part of the problem or part of the solution? Your attitude provokes hate more than anything else!" -- D.D..
"Dude u know what fuck D.D you suck cock D.D dude your song is cool but u need to listen to SYSTEM OF A DOWN there the real masters of talking shit about the government alright so fuck D.D dont listen to him by the way work on your song it sonds like poetry try to make it sound like a real song!" -- J.J.


Future by Javi Ca-Bad-As (1)
"Dude you fucken suck you suck at writing song you little pussy the song doesnt even make sense" -- this guy.


All All All Alone by Alyssa Arteaga (2)
"excellent! You have a strong grasp of writing for one so young. Keep it up...the sky's the limit!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Its all been done before..." -- Moses C..


A Stupid Joke by Alyssa Arteaga (2)
"You're 12? This is a poem that reminds me of the first time I thought I was in love. It's so raw and insightful. Good job" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"This song isn't hafe bad at all, but i don't think it should be a "punk rock" song or whatever the hell Good Charloette is...it doesn't matter. I believe if you got into different bands and got inspriration from the right people you could be a good song writer. But we have enough Avrils in this world...so try doing some other type of music, even though she is not punk at all in the slightest that what this song sounds like. But don't take my word for it cause what do i know?" -- Moses M. Constable.


-Stuck On An Island- by Karina Lizet Perez (1)
"I love this one i would give it a to 10" -- Ray Yarnell, knoxville, TN, usa.


-Don't Worry- by Karina Lizet Perez (1)
"It is an honour to know you've written this song for me... That was very nice of you. And other people may say if it is a good song or not.... I like it a lot!" -- John Goedhart, Amsterdam, NH, Holland.


Our Style by Karina Lizet Perez (2)
"karina, featuring spida is the perfect combination. "OUR STYLE" is HOT. yo karina,spida, keep makin dem hits" -- spida, freeport, bahamas.
"I'm just wondering how in the hell do you fold your ass up like a borrito?" -- Jonathan.


- Lost And Confused - by Karina Lizet Perez (5)
"YA KARINA!@!! REALLY LIKED THIS SONG!! UR DA BEST GIRL!" -- Kristen, nipawin, Saskatchewan, Canada.
"good song karina i really liked it" -- brian, malvern, Arkansas, USA.
"hey its me brendan and i loved yurr poem it realy felt as you are alone and no one to talk to! i was inspired by that piece of work.if you want to talk to me and not be alone,im here and ill listen and comfort you as much as i can ok yurrs truly cassel yurr friend!!" -- brendan cassel, lebanon, P.A., U.S..
"Hey, i read this. I am a teenager, and this is not how we feel. I didnt like the structure that you used for this. It doesnt flow together nicely. Nice try though." -- Chris Carpenter.
"She didn't say all teens felt this way, she said most teens, and i think this a great song." -- Rosa.


Losing You by Karina Lizet Perez (1)
"This is really good...a nice tune. Might wannaa fix those typos :-)" -- KM.


Fallen Rose by Karina Lizet Perez (1)
"IT WAS PRETTY SICK. KEEP ON DOING WHAT YOUR DOING!" -- Andres, Chula Vista, California, USA.


Fallen Friends by Phantomic (4)
"great stuff. but, for the record, not everyone here is on the rap and hip-hop trip. there's a few of us left who know what music is. ..i think.. what's your site address?" -- rae.
"The site is http://www.phantomicband.cjb.net" -- phantomic.
"Do you repeat the chorus again? You mind traveled back the air so thin hate overwhelmed them? Who is them? THEY COULD'T THINK??? Who could not think?" -- Wesley McCants, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA.
"Who is them? The fallen friends, you idiot! This song is about war and comrads being brainwashed by propicanda and lies from their commanders. " -- Jono.


-You Don't Care- by Karina Lizet Perez (5)
"i totaly like yo song u should get it published send it to a recored cumpany so some bigg rock band can sing it yo " -- grant, p.g., b.c., canada.
"This is one of my favorite songs yet!!! It's more creative than other I think! I really love it when people enjoy my music and my lyrics so keep on reviewing! thanks! I love You ALL!" -- Karina, SAN DIEGO, CA, U.S.A..
"Hey karina tha song rox...as i guy i must say it is tru but maybe thats what needs to be said so we guys can get a clue...hey what do you think about me being in your band???hit me up and tell me what u think?" -- Javi, San Diego, California.
"hey karina i barely read this song. its dope for reals i give you props. keep doing what ur doing.. remember if u be big and famous get me a record deal or sumthing please. but thats' if u do and i know u will cause u deserve it. well take kare karina "rock star" perez.. bye bye take kare much luv, your friend Jerry "rar/r&b superstar"" -- Jerry, San Diego HOLLA!!, CA, USA.
"Again, this song sucks. they say good job becuase either they dont want to hurt your feeling or your writing them yourselves. So you can just quit now. Thanks." -- Chris Carpenter.


The Ancient Gods Of Religion by Stuart Eric Longridge (2)
"Hey Stuart,you seem to be writing more songs these days than poems,and ive read some and think they`re great,its very clever the way you have the rythm already in the lyrics even without hearing any music.This one is especially unique as you mention all the versions of the Gods ,all they`re names in different languages,ive been in Egypt for 2 months looking around,i suggest you go,thats why i hav`nt reviewed anything for a while.So good luck and write more about Iraq to piss off all the meat heads. " -- Texas Tom, Land of the free.
"Yeah, yeah, now try to sell this one!" -- Brian O Neil.


She Hates Me by Cass (1)
"Its like you know me from first hand experience. " -- Emily S.


Not Today by Stuart Eric Longridge (1)
"Great little anger song. " -- e.rocco caldwell.


Father Sun Spots by Stuart Eric Longridge (5)
"6 billion eyes!? It should be 12 billion. Everyone has 2 eyes, stupid!" -- Jonathan Blaak.
"WAKE THIS SLEEPING MONKEY HOME!?! What the fuck does that mean!?!?!?" -- I hate you.
"My god ,to the two wank dogs above who are definatly the stupidist monkeys ever to stain this web site,yous are just too un evolved to get this and if your arguement that the writer is stupid because he put 6 instead of 12,well he obviously has cut the total amount in half to get rid of the half of earth which you fall into ,the morons with the little monkey balls for brains,twats " -- billy bonk.
" I think this is an amazing piece. Beautiful and gentle...and then I read the comments...Twats!!" -- Amanda.
"Yup, Ya can do it, Lad !" -- Brian O Neil.


Call Me When Your Mind Is Clear by Stuart Eric Longridge (4)
"this is great! Written any chords for it??" -- michelle.
"Really good song, speaks the truth! Love Them Put them to good use some day, Check my lyrics out someday too! Laters and Luck with your writting..." -- Karina, SAN DIEGO, CA, U.S.A..
"What does it mean? Is it just for you and a personal other?" -- Wesley McCants, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA.
"Its not for him and a personal other....its for the entire 'imprisoned human race'... " -- Sarah.


There are 63 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.