www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Songs - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry - Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

(It's Time To) Cut The Cord by R Bennett Okerstrom (7)
"Hell Yeah! Man, your metal songs are tight! This one is the best yet! Keep it metal!" -- Steven, San Diego, CA.
"Thanks Steven. I really like this one also. Writing metal isn't hard when you have inspirations all around you." -- R. Bennett.
"I love this song! I love metal and you have a great talent for writing it. I don't wish the inpsirations on you, but keep writing cuz they just keep getting better." -- JM.
"Thanks JM. I appreciate your input." -- R. Bennett.
"Fuckin A! This shit is hard core!" -- T.
"Thanks again, T. Obviously you are a metal fan and I'm glad you liked it." -- R. Bennett.
"Wow, This is great. I went through a huuuge metal phase. I am into more of acoustic stuff now, but man oh man. This is a good metal song. It would sound good even acoustically I bet. The lyrics are just so riveting. Great Job!" -- Ashley , WI.


You Took The Fall by Craig Leonard (1)
"great song writing...you really have talent-x" -- Hannah-May, Nottingham, England.


You May Not Like What I Have To Say by Cedric McClester (1)
"rock the hell on! " -- My Hyde.


Rare Love by Sandra Santhosh (1)
"Hi Sandra. Sorry It's taken me so long to read your song. The structure really conduses me though. But just reading the words it's quite beautiful. " -- Chloe L Batey.


My Life Is... by Hannah Ellicock (2)
"If your life is already fulfilled - God bless you! Just be sure not to turn on the television. They specialize in giving people lots of reasons to be unhappy. " -- Lisa.
"good job! although it seems like you repeat the chorus a lot..." -- taylor.


My Biggest Fear by My Hyde (5)
"Lester, you haven't commented. Don't tell me I scared your candy ass away! I was looking forward to another war of words but I guess once one exposses you for the pussy you are, you lose interest. Too bad, too bad...Maybe you'de be more comfortable chatting on myspace Anyone else is welcome. My songs are on my blog. Please comment constructively. Lester, I think we all know the difference between that and the shit you post. Bye-bye, bitches!" -- My Hyde.
"go to myspace website and type in "My Hyde" on people search " -- My Hyde.
"Why is no one comenting? C'mon, you can't all be like Lester. Tell me how good my songs are! lol" -- My Hyde.
"To offer any comment to a fool is to acknowledge his existence. Why say something about nothing? You my friend, are less than nothing. " -- Lester.
"Repititious, boring, much too long and dragged out. The copycat fantasies of a small minded man who tries to portray himself as a menacing, sinister, anti-hero type. Not something I would read twice. It's the Xmas season and I don't want to appear mean-spirited but I must be honest. " -- Richard.


I'm Numb by Hannah Ellicock (1)
"Really Depressin" -- Hannah - Writer.


Faceless by R Bennett Okerstrom (5)
"I can feel it, but I assume there is a break before the line "the flame has gone out"? Maybe a heavy guitar solo? Otherwise, simple and strong as usual." -- Steven, San Diego, CA.
"Obviously there had to be a break there or it wouldn't flow. Good eye! Thanks for the review." -- R. Bennett.
"Very strong, indeed! I don't know about simple but definitely excellent as usual. Thanks, R. Bennett! " -- JM.
"great poem. Long time no see {or hear} As usual, your poetry remains unrivaled" -- doc byron.
"Thanks guys. Nice to see people are still reading this stuff. I have more swimming in my head. It'll come out soon." -- R. Bennett.


Dear Friend by Carla Thomson (1)
"Totally cool " -- Matthew Mark@, USA.


Before You Go by Ann Obrien (1)
"Very good. It was touching and heartfelt. It sounds weird coming from me.....I write horror fiction. vince" -- vince o'neal.


Angel With Broken Wings by Little A (2)
"Most women (and girls) don't appreciate what they have until they let it go. They usually end up with someone worse. Men don't like rejection and they usually don't come back. It's a tough lesson to learn but as my grandfather once told me - there's always another streetcar to catch. " -- Lester.
"The end of a love affair has got to be the favorite topic of the novice songwriter. It's also the most difficult to write in my opinion. The difficulty lies in the fact that this ground has been covered so many times before. The writer must rely on the craft of lyricwriting to make this topic fresh and original. The lyric you have here is standard fair at best. You have shared the effect of the breakup with us. I recommend showing the cause of it. Just something to think about................................peace!" -- Richard Evans.


A Good Girl Gone Bad by Cedric McClester (2)
"omg This is an extreme lackluster, no essence, no center, no point. Sorry how can one allow another to change them into something that they originally was not before? " -- Jahri, Jamaica, Jamaica.
"Jahri guess I made you look. Try to wrap your head around this. Life is the ultimate trip, once you learn to experience it." -- Cedric McClester, New York, NY, United States.


You're Gonna Die by Earl Finzel (1)
"Love the song, have you recorded it on anything? Playing on a guitar would come out well I believe. " -- ShyGirl, Wmspt, PA, U.S.A..


You Ment It All. by Jessica Barth (1)
"awesome job!" -- Matthew Mark@, usa.


Who Lied To You? by Rapadamus (1)
"I believe you are talking about yourself....." -- badboy.


Theend by R Bennett Okerstrom (6)
"I really love this one! I can feel the anger. This would make a great metal tune! Excellent job! Welcome back!" -- JM.
"It needs another verse." -- R. Bennett.
"Wow. Who pissed you off? I love this one." -- Steven, San Diego, CA.
"Thanks. I still think it needs another verse." -- R. Bennett.
"I like this poem, and if could change one thing...it'd be cool all in present tense...as in "Piss me off again, when you look away, when you lock the door, when you don't stay."" -- mia.
"Hmmm. Noted. Thanks." -- R. Bennett.


The River Of Life by Fred Hardy (1)
"wow.. this ome was good" -- Carla Thomson.


Nobody Likes You by R Bennett Okerstrom (8)
"??????" -- Richard.
"What's there to question? This song is obviously about somebody who abuses their power and flaunts their wealth. They don't have friends, they don't even realize it. " -- Steven, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
"You hit the nail right on the head Steven. This song is about a person who has abused the power given to them. Thanks for reading." -- R. Bennett.
"Loved your poem; excellent as usual. " -- doc, vincennes, ind, usa.
"Got anyone specific in mind?" -- Lester.
"Of course. I won't reveal who. :-)" -- R. Bennett.
"Sounds like a co-worker to me." -- Jean-Luc.
"Perhaps, Jean-Luc. Perhaps." -- R. Bennett.


It�S All Over For Britney Spears by Cedric McClester (2)
"Who cares about Brittainy? Her brain's dead just like her soul. We should give our attention to people who care about others and are not ashamed to talk about what's right and what's wrong. Brittainy wasted her talent, neglected her children and demonstrated she is a totally narcisistic and selfish person. She is the epitomy of scrap, trash, and worthlessness. Those of you who are constantly in awe of shit need to wise up and move on. " -- Lisa.
"Lisa, judge not least ye be judged. Britney has worked since she was a chid, she never had the luxury of having a childhood. Perhaps that is why she now demonstrates child like behavior. Instead of condemning her, we need to pray for her." -- Cedric McClester, New York, NY, United States.


I�M Not Gay by Rapadamus (2)
"Once, just once, I would like to read something you've posted that is original and not copied from some liberal new service or network. If you want to shoot down someone who promotes family values while living a hypocritical life, think back to the Clinton White House days. I still remember the picture of Bill, Hillary, and Chelsea holding hands while attending Sunday church services - just days after he finally admitted he lied about getting a blow-job from that fat Jewish tramp in the Oval office. " -- Lester.
"Lester, I think I understand. Clearly getting a blow job in the Oval Office is worst than lying about weapons of mass destruction and declaring an unjustified war on a soverign nation that did nothing to us. I have to agree, getting a blow job from a fat Jewish tramp, to use your words is worst than causing the deaths of over three thousand U.S. service members, and countless Iraqi citizens. Stupid me why didn't I get it before?" -- Cedric McClester, New York, NY, United States.


If You Can't Comment by Cedric McClester (4)
"You asked for it, so here goes. First of all, when you look at the voloume of work posted by you (about 67 entries)it is obvious that you think quantity is as important as quality. I haven't read everything you've posted but there's no music, not even a chord or note to relate to your lyrics. You may say it's rap and therefore, the music is irrelevant. I've been a musician all my life. ( and a pretty damn good one ) I've played everything from show tunes, jazz, and selective piano classical pieces to polkas, and like most true musicians, I feel that rap is crap. Your lyrics are either copycat country or they're filled with lame, worn out left wing ideological rants. In either case, they're boring and redundant. The best advice I can give you is "Don't quit your day job." " -- Richard.
"Richard thank you for taking the time to comment. I have not confused quantity with quality. I am prolific because I am endlessly inspired. The quality of what I write is best judged by others. I have never claimed to be a composer, which I am not therefore, I simply write lyrics. I am constantly in search of collaborators. I have about a dozen full songs that have been published. Those composer whom have worked with me found my work to be inspiring. In most instances I didn't have to change a word, so perhaps you lack vision. Incidently, I can write lyrics to music, just as I can write lyrics without music. What I can't write is boring or redundant. Again you are entitled to your opinion, but I suggest you piss on someone else's dream. Again thanks for your comments." -- Cedric McClester, New York, NY, United States.
"Be careful what you ask for Cedric because when you get it you may not want it as is obviously the case here. Don't ask people what they think then get upset when they tell you. I guess maybe you really don't want to grow after all because you won't if you can't handle criticism as was evidenced here." -- Janet.
"Janet nuff said." -- Cedric McClester, New York, NY, United States.


Hey There Fredo by Cedric McClester (3)
"Since you have openly begged for people to review your work so that you may grow, I've decided to oblige. This effort by you, like most everything you post really doesn't deserve a review. It represents the same old lame, predictable, slant on politics which not only dwells on the obvious, but is strictly CCCNN (copycat CNN) just as your song lyrics are copycat country. You are a fraud, a talentless fool who will more than likely spend most of his life in self-denial from the bitter truth that he is merely a third-rate wanna-be. " -- Lester.
"Regarding Lester's review, all I can say is "Talk aout hitting the nail on the head." Wow! " -- Richard.
"Richard are you and Lester brothers, per chance? I see you're both faithful readers. Keep them cards and letters coming. I need the encouragement." -- Cedric McClester, New York, NY, United States.


God Loves You Anyway by Cedric McClester (2)
"The message is sent in a beautiful way, We must not look down on the misfortunate, the drunks the addict etc., "For God loves every one anyway". Every line is meaningful - l hope the message is put through...." -- Amy, Hayes, UK.
"AMEN!!!" -- Cedric McClester, New York, NY, United States.


Four Hundred Years by Cedric McClester (3)
"I have to say your structure is nice...I don't completely agree with what you have written...but it is written well. I liked some of the descriptions you used...the on tip-toes looking in....was very nice. I would suggest reading Langston Hughes, Dudley Scott, and James Baldwin. " -- rocco, t-town.
"I had a friend who was quite a philanthropist. He gave money to just about every known charity and worthy cause. Before he died, he told me this. "I used to write checks to the United Negro College Fund, The NAACP, numerous Black Caucus groups in local,state, and federal politics. Then I stopped to think - These people are offended if I call them Negroes. And they sure don't want to be referred to as colored. And I guess Black is ok but they now prefer African Americans, not to be confused with Afro-Americans which was big in the sixties and seventies. So I decided to stop my contributions to these organizations because I'll be damned if I'm gonna help anyone who can't even make up their minds about what they want to be called."" -- Harlan.
"Call me prolific and call me correct/Call yourself whatever/ But you still owe me a check." -- Cedric McClester, New York, NY, United States.


Fight To Be Free by Allen Steble (1)
"hell yea! goooooood" -- Matthew Mark@, USA.


Everything�S Not All Right (But I�M All Right With Everything) by Cedric McClester (1)
"i really liked this one" -- Carla Thomson.


Everyone's Bitch by My Hyde (6)
"Instead of deleting your reviews why don't you just delete everything you've posted. The reviews are far more interesting than your writing. " -- Lester.
"I did not delet them, your damn server did!" -- My Hyde.
"I'm slightly disappointed in you, Les, I expected more of a come back. Make you think twice, did I? Look, call me a wanna-be if you wish--call us all wanna-be's if you wish--but anyone who would've read our little conversation would see the truth. You are but an unhappy little man-bitch who, though obviously knowing nothing about literature, has to bring other people down to make himself feel important. If you had actually read the original book in your life, you'd know that the qualities That make up Mr. Hyde and My Hyde are different. Furthermore, you can hardly call my work unoriginal. The only reason you think it is such is because I use the names "Jekyll and Hyde", which, everyone knows but you, have become synonyms for the good and evil in people and in which I made my own. There is no such thing as a truly original idea--and you're a moron if you disagree. So I ask you, am I a wanna-be artist, or are you a wanna-be critic? I at least know you're a hypocrite,! because I can't find a scrap of your work anywhere on this site. Not only that, but this is a amatuer site. Of course we're amatuers! P.S. Will someone review me besides this uncultured loser?" -- My Hyde.
"You can barely spell culture, let alone contemplate its meaning. Pick out any published book, past or present. You will not find any misspelled words, incorrect punctuation or poor grammar. So before you call yourself even an amateur(please note the spelling) writer, I suggest you improve your English grammar, punctuation and spelling. Originality? Even the most objective reviewer would find it difficult to continue reading this after the first two stanzas (or whatever they are). The peice is juvenile, childish, and reads like the copycat creation of a little effeminate fruitcake, who spends too much time playing video games and watching sci-fi TV. " -- Lester.
"Lester, you whiney little bitch. Stop checking the grammer of unchecked and unrevised messages I write at five in the morning and address the fucking issue. You crtizie--as if you have any right at all--my work when the only proof I have of your so-called expertise (I might've spelledd that wrong, but I don't give a shit) is the pompous and snobby way you put down the work of everyone on this site. Simply because you don't understand a piece (note the spelling, asshole) doesn't make it bad. In your case, it most of the time means you are an insecure idiot who lacks poetic understanding of human emotions. I deal with your kind everyday of my life and I can tell you, I can see right through your thick shit. You have to constantly critize others to make you feel like the man you're not, while at the same time, you side step criticism. As for calling me juvenile, there are plenty of juvenile rock fans that would appreciate my work because the understand empathy and popular culture more than you ever will. Besides that, I am My Hyde. I am allowed to be juvenile and childish. You honestly think you insult me by saying that? I don't give a shit. PS: Be a man and answer my fucking questions!" -- My Hyde.
"Something just occured to me: that you are simply reaching for reasons to put me down. When I sealed up all relavent avenues--or avenues you were man enough to go down--you attacked me with something completely beside the point. Every time you do this, you only expose your own insecurity. You, Lester, are a sad, sad little man." -- My Hyde.


Empty Room by Carla Thomson (1)
"Your my hero" -- Matthew Mark@, USA.


Columbian Necktie by R Bennett Okerstrom (2)
"Wow! Such anger. I like it. Although most people probably don't know what a Columbian Necktie is..." -- Steven, San Diego, CA.
"That's why they made google dot com my friend" -- R. Bennett.


Can't They See Me? by Kayla L Jordan (1)
"That's a smart poem alright" -- Duke.


Can I Enlist You In A Cause? by Cedric McClester (3)
"When you keep pushing the envelope too far, eventually someone's going to chop your hand off. " -- Lester.
"Are you deleting my reviews? If so, you are really the coward I thought you were. " -- Richard.
"I have never deleted a negative review Richard. Those that can't write, criticize. I'm beginning to wonder if you and Lester aren't a tag team? You two have become my biggest fans. Write on, write on write on!!!" -- Cedric McClester, New York, NY, United States.


Broken Halo by R Bennett Okerstrom (3)
"Very, very deep. I like it! I'll definitely be spending more time with this one. I would love to hear this put to some good old metal! It's so good to see you posting new stuff! You still got it!" -- JM.
"what a beautiful way to express yourself" -- LA Hanes.
"Thank you both. Glad you liked it." -- R. Bennett.


Better Days by Rapadamus (2)
"Stop the fucking whining! Katrina was an act of God, not George Bush. The totally incompetent governor and an equally unqualified mayor elected by an ignorant populace, should have known about the levy problem for years. They should have been whining and asking for help to re-build the levys long before Katrina came along. Most of the people who left have better lives than they had before. FEMA?? What about the millions wasted on fraudulent claims? This is no surprise coming from a state with a history of political corruption and a stupid electorate. " -- Richard.
"I'll pray for you Richard. Even you may not be beyond redemtion." -- Cedric McClester, New York, NY, United States.


Anyway Ya Want It Baby by Cedric McClester (4)
"slightly creepsih and disturbing. exactly the kind of song we need LESS of in the media. " -- MARY.
"Not a great song. Yes, it ryhmes, but what is the message you are trying to send? Leave these kind of songs to the immature rappers. " -- Rick.
"ewwwwww" -- annabelle.
"Not a song I would want on a CD with my name on the back. I have been looking at your other songs, and they seemed impressive. This one just blew it for me. " -- A Producer.


There are 34 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.